Speaker 1: This is Suckers. I'm Kailen Bell, I'm Dean Bell, and I'm Jared.
Speaker 2: Habn An iHeartRadio podcast. Hello everyone, Welcome to an all new episode of Suckers Kaylan's Corner. I'm joined by my husband Dean Dean.
Speaker 1: Hello, everybody. You want to know what I think we should do with Kailn's Corner. What we should come up with a little jingle. It's Kaylin, It's Kayln's Corner.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: We're sitting in the corner with Kaylin and then like some like a xylophone solo comes in. Do do Do Do Do do do? I like it, I'll get I'll get start workshopping you.
Speaker 2: Okay, perfect, Thank you, I love it. Thanks for thanks for working for Kaylin's Corner. Do do do perfect. We don't even need to work shop it.
Speaker 1: You've you've done it, just an idea I had.
Speaker 2: Well, welcome back, Jean to my corner.
Speaker 1: It's good to be here in the corner.
Speaker 2: We've got a lot of pop culture going on, a lot of crazy.
Speaker 1: Great. It's about freaking time. I know.
Speaker 2: We've been waiting and waiting and finally it has arrived. Yeah, And so we begin with the xylophone. Did you watch the Oscars anything.
Speaker 1: Did you see? I didn't see a single look of it. No. I saw Marian Gossling performed It's ken.
Speaker 2: It was so good. Did you watch it?
Speaker 1: Sure didn't. I watched or I saw that Arn Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito did something funny. I saw that John Cena came out naked, and that's about all I saw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does it?
Speaker 1: Oppenheimer crushed it?
Speaker 2: What did you call it?
Speaker 1: Oppenheimer crushed it? You saw it?
Speaker 2: What did you think of the movie?
Speaker 1: I remember seeing it, and are you Are you asking me this this facetiously?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I remember seeing it, and of course they came out at the same time, Oppenheimer and Barbie, and I saw Oppenheimer didn't really like it, and I was upset that I didn't see Barbie instead. And then I saw Barbie, and I realized that Oppenheimer is far better than Barbie in my opinion.
Speaker 2: I saw haven't seeing Oppenheimer.
Speaker 1: Just I don't think movies are good anymore. I just simply don't.
Speaker 2: Barby was great, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think so. I don't think Oppenheimer. Oppenheimer is good. But the LT like June too. Is the only good movie I've seen in since twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Probably what did you see in twenty sixteen that was enjoyable?
Speaker 1: Just leaving and I'm just exaggerating for their reference.
Speaker 2: Did you see Emily Blunt and Ryan Gosling on stage and they were talking about the Barbie Oppenheimer rivalry because they came out on the same weekend, And Emily was like, well, have you seen the awards and who's coming out on top? It doesn't seem like much of a competition.
Speaker 1: She was right. He was like, now they called it Barbenheimer, not up and.
Speaker 2: Barbie yeah yeah, And she was like, well, look at the awards and they crushed it. But Ken's performance, I mean Ryan's performance of Ken, I Am Ken? What is it? The song I'm just Ken was so good. I can't believe he didn't see it. He did such a good job. It was amazing.
Speaker 1: You have no thoughts, no, no, I saw like the first five seconds of it, when Margot Robbie was sitting right there. That part was really cute because Margo was like, what the heck is he doing right now? And then he gets up and starts singing, Yeah, yeah, I just you know.
Speaker 2: Very cute. I just want to talk about the fashion a little bit. There's this new trend that Florence Pugh and Emily Blunt had going on. It's like the shoulders are raised, so your picture of your straps, but then they're they're coming up and they're not really attached to your body, and it kind of reminds me of like polypocket clothes or something.
Speaker 1: It's a've sen you wear dress like that, like a baggy kind of No.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's like a thin sleeve that's just not attached to It's hard to explain.
Speaker 1: Just keep explaining it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look it up. Florence Pugh and Emily Blunt on the red carpet and I thought maybe they're like wearing the same designer, but it was two different designers and that seems to be a new trend. Emily's looked really cool from the side because it like created a shape. Florence's was just like a little odd to me and a little too I'm into like mermaid looks, but I don't know. I didn't love it. But Florence at the after party, full full nipples out, she was like, what's I look for?
Speaker 1: Oh? I see you? Yeah, like the straps are like kind of hover over her shoulder.
Speaker 2: Interesting, it's it is interesting.
Speaker 1: What does that even? How does like physically, how does that even work? What are the physics behind it?
Speaker 2: Well, it's supers yeah, super constructed to your bosom and then and then the straps are like structured so they stay in place.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Emily blunts is a little bit more. It's a formed a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Not architectural. What is it? What's the word I'm looking for? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I see what you're saying that. It almost kind of looks like she's wearing a breastplate, whereas Florence Pugh it just looks like she's got like a crusty spaghetti string.
Speaker 2: Over it, plucked up. Yeah yeah, Florence. Uh looked great at the after party. It was like a bold choice because you look at the red carpet, all these red carpet looks, and most models are not wearing like nipple covers or anything like they're full boob is out when these sheer clothing, and most people when they wear it to an event, put on nipple covers. But she didn't.
Speaker 1: And hey, you can't see your nipples. Huh.
Speaker 2: Good for her.
Speaker 1: Fully, Like sometimes you can just like I kind of barely see the nipple, but you can fully see the nipple. It's like, stare me right in the eye right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boll choice. But it looks great. She looked great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean it's you know, when you're a beautiful movie start's pretty hard to find something that you don't look good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So say, I mean, I say it could be said about you could put on a trash bag and you'd still be the prettiest girl in the world.
Speaker 2: That's very kind, thank you.
Speaker 1: But I wouldn't. I mean, I guess it's a good question that I just asked myself, Deans myself, Dean, would I if you wore something like that? How would I feel about it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: How would you feel? Because? Okay, so I wore that blue and white strip dress in Naruba and someone was like, oh my god, how does your husband feel about your boobs hanging out? First of all, what?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And second he doesn't care about Ho would you feel if my nipples were out?
Speaker 1: I would?
Speaker 2: I just I just know I knew you would be into it.
Speaker 1: Freedom of expression. If you're comfortable enough to wear that outfit, just send it, Just go for it. It's really like a reflection on your confidence, like Florence's pew super mega confident. If she's wearing something like that, Yeah, there is. There is something said about, like so you're not in.
Speaker 2: Any way a protective male who's like, no, don't show anyone in your booths.
Speaker 1: I want everyone to see how lucky I am. You got the best little nipples. There is something to be said about, like the exhibition is exhibitionism of it all? Like Okay, sure she's willing to show it, but like, are is everyone wanting to see it? Kind of thing?
Speaker 2: M well, it's tastefully done. I mean Kendall Jenner did it years ago. She like was like, fully, I remember that one. Yeah, I know you and your friends were talking about it. You sure, I remember you and Josh talking about it. But back to the Oscars, I wasn't super impressed with any of the red carpet looks. Zindea looked amazing. She always looks amazing, but I was a little underwhelmed. It just wasn't my favorite dress. But she still looked great in it because she's perfect. But I thought that the Vanity Fair looks were better than the Oscars looks like Emrata looked insane. She wore a Jacka Mists dress right off the runway. It was so cool.
Speaker 1: You didn't like Zindaia's dress, No, I think it's sweet. I like what she did with her hair. She was going going like a retro eighties look with the hair, the curl at the bottom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she looked great. I just didn't love the dress, Like the pink and silver wasn't really doing it for me. And a Chamberlain looked amazing. Kylie looked incredible. Kylie's just like had this. She's like becoming more natural, less makeup, less slip filler, and she looks so so good. Anna Taylor Joy, I know I wrote that down, but I can't remember what she wore. But she apparently looked amazing at Vanity Fair.
Speaker 1: Who is this America Ferrera girl? I keep seeing everywhere she's in Barbie. She wasn't Oh, she.
Speaker 2: Was mom and Barbie.
Speaker 1: Oh, and she was ugly Betty such a supporting role. She is ugly Betty.
Speaker 2: She's ugly Betty and that's what he.
Speaker 1: Came out like ten years ago.
Speaker 2: But she definitely looks and sistered of the traveling pants is what she's like I know her most.
Speaker 1: For her, she's kind of glowed up quite a bit. Yeah, she's always in pretty, but she's she I remember seeing like because you know, you follow a certain page on Instagram, like CNN for instance, like they're reporting on the oscars for whatever reason. And America Ferrera was like always kind of the first one mentioned, and I was like, this girl is an actress. Yes, I'm not just crediting that, but she's not as big as like the Margot Robbies or the Zindeias.
Speaker 2: No America Fair is pretty big, is she?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh huh yeah. Back to my best dress looks. Kendall Jenner looked great, Margot Robbie looked so good on the red carpet, and at Vanity Fair she wore like I think it was muclear Mucler. How do you pronounce that? A body suit with like this little cape over it? Cardi b Incredible wore a black dress. If I'm remembering correctly, it was like kind of sheer and lacey. Least favorite of the night for Vanity Fair was Sabrina Carpenter. I wrote that down. I don't remember what she wore, but I remember I didn't like it.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about it? Did you not like?
Speaker 2: Well, let's look it up.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, don't look it up. Just explain to me what you didn't like.
Speaker 2: I think it was nude. I think it was like a light pinker nude, and wasn't doing a lot of favors for her skin tone, and like she looks really good in like past deli Pink's baby blues, or like really bold colors like red.
Speaker 1: Am I right, she looks like she's wearing a black dress. Who's this person? I've never seen this person.
Speaker 2: In my life, Sorena Carpenter. Ye, she's opening for Taylor Swift right now. Okay, she's dating this guy from Saltburn, the creepy one. Yeah, yeah, you knew that.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a bunch of pictures of them together on Google after I just googled this.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right, he's just a black dress. What new dress was I thinking of? Why didn't I like this?
Speaker 1: I saw some post the other day that, oh, yeah, it just wasn't I didn't like it. I saw some post the other day that weird looking man are making a comeback.
Speaker 2: That's interesting, Uh are they?
Speaker 1: Okay? Some where the thing was it was basically a meme account. And I you know, but like that guy from Saltburn kind of weird looking.
Speaker 2: But that's what makes me so sad, Like that's not a nice headline. Why would people say.
Speaker 1: That he's handsome in a unique way.
Speaker 2: Let's say that, Yeah, that is better.
Speaker 1: There's there's this other actor I can't remember what he was from similar even like I guess Timothy Shellman is pretty hot, but he does he kuys of has like a weird look to him as well. It was it's a it was complimentary.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it's saying like traditional you know, there's like a traditional male look that's had that's succeeded in Hollywood for so long, and it seems like that's kind of being pushed aside a little bit for this alternative looking person.
Speaker 2: I think just in general, like females and males, it's there's been a change where it used to be like Johnny Aniston, Brad Pitt are the epitome of like what actresses actors are a list especially, and then there's been a departure from that. It's like the more unique you are, the more likely you are to be cast in a leading role.
Speaker 1: Now that means I got some I might have some chances in the future.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, baby, brad Pitt, that ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Thanks, that's fishing for that one.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's Those are my takes on the Oscars, very great fashion. Next up is the met and I can't wait, so excited. I did see a few influencers at the Oscars, not too many. It's just a little overboard. Like I like the mystery of the Oscars, and when influencers are there, it's just like overboard. They're posting like twenty times from the Oscars, and I just I like the mystery of not really knowing what goes on behind the scenes. But maybe people disagree and they want to see I was just saying that I want to see the inside of the Met galup, but nobody. I think no phones are allowed. We have been watching Love is Blind. The reunion comes out today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeap.
Speaker 2: What do you takes on Love is Blind so far?
Speaker 1: H You know how I feel about these shows. I just can't ever find myself liking any single character in any of these shows.
Speaker 2: Ever, Chess isn't so bad?
Speaker 1: Which one's that?
Speaker 2: Except she's with Harry jousey. Now, so that's not great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we only saw her like briefly anyways. Yeah, and we only are saying that because she's really pretty. I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I liked her attitude and her sass. I like the blonde girl kind of who her fiance cheated on her.
Speaker 1: The only person I kind of like in the entire season this year is and you're probably going to not like that, I say, this is Jimmy.
Speaker 2: I like Jimmy too. People are so hard on Jimmy, and I don't get it.
Speaker 1: You seemed like he was really trying to He was trying.
Speaker 2: So hard to make it work with Chelsea. But the thing is, I never know when things are authentic and when they're like just trying to get screen time and trying to make it to the altar.
Speaker 1: Right, he played it well to get as much screen time without having to go to the altar. True, I never saw it between them, But.
Speaker 2: No, I think people are way too hard on him. He was doing everything that he could and Chelse was kind of mean to him, like throwing the girl in his face that he slept with. He was like, that is the one thing I did not want you to bring up on camera and she was like just kept doing it just in spite of him. And you know when someone's like apologizing but they're attacking you in the process, that's kind of what she was doing to him. She was like, I'm sorry that I brought that up so that you I don't know, I don't remember how she said it, but she was like throwing it back in his face and still antagonizing him. But yeah, it'll be interesting to see the reunion. I did see one of the couples that broke up just posted on TikTok, and it looks like they're back together.
Speaker 1: So we'll see the middle school principle and yes.
Speaker 2: The principal. And I have to know, is this guy still a principal, because how do you go back to school after this, after your kids have seen you in bed with a woman. It's just like a little inappropriate.
Speaker 1: I think that's my dream job, principal, middle school principle.
Speaker 2: You would let everyone get off the hook.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'd be so good at it. I'd be the best principal.
Speaker 2: Ever, how do you become a principle? Do you have to be a teacher first?
Speaker 1: Maybe I can just apply.
Speaker 2: Go back to where you grew your high.
Speaker 1: School experience child care. No, do you have any experience of the education? No, do you have any experience managing large crowds of people?
Speaker 2: Now you're high Welcome to Basalt Middle. Yeah, I love that for you. You should try.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Oh what were we looking up?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Mayor? You wanted to be mayor. The mayor is an previous teacher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, So you just need to.
Speaker 2: Get into the either mayor or principle. You just got to start teaching. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: I'm on the selection committee of a scholarship foundation here in Basalt now, so since.
Speaker 2: Win, since last night, yesterday when you met that woman. Yes, ma'am, that's pretty cool because Dean got a scholarship in college from this organization. We almost got married at the venue, and now you're on the board to decide who gets that calling on the.
Speaker 1: Board, I'm on the selection committee, which they do with most of their scholarship recipients. But it's a step in the right direction. I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're doing a great job in our community. Thank you. Okay, So that's all for love is blind. The big story that I has been consuming me for the past twenty four hours is Kate Middleton. Oh my gosh, it's crazy. It's so insane. So all these people are creating tiktoks and trying to figure out where the heck Kate Middleton has gone. Everything she's everyone thinks she's missing or something's going on or something happened to her. So it started. It started well before the photo that you saw that I showed you on Mother's Day that was doctored, so around Christmas, well even before that. So she like, I don't know why people are fixating on this, but she came out with like a splint on two fingers, saying that there was an injury, and then I think it was like two weeks or two months later, the splint was still on and she said she was just trampolining with her kids. So people were like, I don't know, if you were just trampolining with your kids, it would be healed by now. So then she there's just like, oh my gosh, people, it's like extensive, extensive, going through every single day. But around Christmas time there's a police escort and it was never addressed by the palace, like someone's where they're having Christmas a police escort Commes takes one of the cars away and nobody knows what happened. And then she has surgery and the Palace is like, she's doing great. Nobody visits her, like nobody, not her family, not her kids, and then her husband William visits her like towards the end of her stay, and then King Charles visits her, but nobody else, and it's all public because everything that they do is like very proparazisque. And then they say that she has left the hospital. Do you know any of this? They say, she's left the hospital, she's healing at home, but the Palace loves a photo op, so like if she really was, they'd catch her in a car, they would like catch her waving. And it's just weird that like nobody saw her leave, and then the people close to her apparently have not been able to get in touch with her, haven't been able to talk to her. And if, like I if she's healing and needs this rest, Like why can't they just say that, like she's healing, she needs rest, she's still in the hospital, Like I don't know why they need to cover things up and make it seem like she's okay when she might not be, and someone from it looked like this a Spanish version of the view. Her name is Concha Kulea. I believe she said she has an inside source saying that Kate Middleton is not okay, she's in an induced coma. And then the Palace comes out and they're like, no, that's not true, like she's not an induced coma, which is weird because there's always tabloids and things going on about the royal family and they never say that that's not true, so it's a little fishy. Then comes out that King Charles has cancer. Next day, everyone's freaking out that King Charles has cancered. So then the next day they're like, it's actually going to be nine months until Kate Middleton is healed, not three months. But it's kind of buried by the news of Charles's cancer. Harry Megan Markle visits him for forty five minutes, flies all the way here, it visits him, doesn't see his brother, and Charles has not visited King Charles again. This is all the info that I've written down from TikTok. It is extensive and I'm missing a lot too. What are your thoughts so far?
Speaker 1: Uh, just totally lost in the sauce.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we're towards the end of it. So March fourth, the photo emerges, Oh, a photo of her in a car which doesn't even look like her. I screenshotted it and I can show you, but it looks like a fake Kate Middleton in the car. Super weird.
Speaker 1: Did you come to that conclusion or did TikTok get you to that conclusion?
Speaker 2: Uh? TikTok and a side by side, I'll show you their chins are different and maybe like post surgeries. Her face is just looking a little different. But here you go. Let me know your thoughts.
Speaker 1: The one on the left is Kate Middleton and one on the right.
Speaker 2: Sharper draw is Kate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, yeah, they're different. The mall, no, mall.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So then a photo of William and a woman her head is turned to the side comes out and everyone's like, oh, it must be Kate. But now people are suspecting it's his mistress, Rose, suspected mistress, alleged mistress. There's all sorts of things. And then the photo on March tenth, and now infamous photo comes out that is fully AI generated and it's so crazy because I have made so many fake babies of ours with AI that I know AI hands and those are.
Speaker 1: AI AI baby expert.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, And then they try to cover it up and Kate's like, oh, I've just experimenting with editing. No, that's not it. You're not editing your own photos. Maybe maybe, but it's weird. And so then down the TikTok rabbit hole, people have taken her vague photo like Vogue cover photo and put it on this face and it's the exact same smile. So I don't think they photoshopped it. I think it was just fully AI generated. Interesting, what do you think? I think she's missing? I think something is going on.
Speaker 1: I've seen like why people think it's Ai and that they were only able to zoom it on two things like her zipper is not normal and there's like a cuff behind a hand that shouldn't be there kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Well in the skirt is like anyways, it's beyond the photo. It's like everything nobody's seen her since December, unless you count this fake photo of her that is not her.
Speaker 1: So what do you think is going on?
Speaker 2: There's so many speculations, there are speculations that she wants a divorce and or she's been wanting a divorce from him. There are speculations that she's in her happy about Rose. Oh and a guy close to Peppa Pipa. Pepa the Pi Pippa, her sister died randomly and people die, Okay, but apparently this guy people are thinking fed the information to the host Concha about her being in a coma, and like he is not on the side of the crown, so people are thinking it's a little fishy, and then the whole like row is a fair thing, and then there's I don't know, there's just so many speculations, but something fishy is going on, that's all I know. And the Crown it just like weirdly reminds me of Diana. Like Diana wanted a divorce and it didn't un to offer.
Speaker 1: What happened to her, she was killed.
Speaker 2: Bye. Nobody can prove this, but everyone believes by the crown. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The royal family has always kind of just been like so an interesting to me.
Speaker 2: I don't really understand so fascinating.
Speaker 1: I don't understand the obsession like monarchy whatever, all that kind of stuff. It's just it's like, just because these people are born into this role, we're supposed to like idolize them and be obsessed with them and blah blah blah. It just has never really stuck for me, like I want to. I want to. I want to idolize people because they deserve it, not because they're just born into it, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I disagree. I think it's crazy to me that we are in the day and age that we are. I know, kingks and queens have been around there for however many hundreds of years hundreds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, probably thousand, probably a thousand.
Speaker 2: A thousand years. I have no idea, but it's crazy, like we're in this day and age where divorces happen, problems happen, like nobody's perfect, and the crown still has to uphold this like we are absolutely perfect, we make no mistakes, we do everything in the correct way, And it's like, why can't you humanize yourself a little bit if there are things going on, like why maybe you can't be fully honest, But it's just it's making them look so bad, this fishiness. If Kate needs to heal, let her heal and not don't put out these AI generated photos of her and make it seem like she's okay when she might not be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything for the optics, I guess, you know, yeah, And it seems like they're obviously blowing it because I did see that the picture that is under so much scrutiny that was handed out by the royal family to the press to like publish, and it's like, okay, I agree that she probably didn't edit it because if she did, like, they wouldn't be handing it out as an official press photo, you know. Yeah, So yeah, there's definitely a lot of nefariousness involved somehow.
Speaker 2: That's that's going to do it for all the pop culture this week, Do Do Do Do do Oh. I did catch up on bandr Pump Too Doo, and it's just not good anymore. It's every like you said on Love's Blind. Every character is insufferable. I can't stand a single one except for Ali, who's James's the British guy's girlfriend. Hmmm, She's the only one that seems to have a good head on her shoulders these days.
Speaker 1: She's she's been in this light less time so that she's less affected by it.
Speaker 2: Maybe, like on this week's episode, James took Raquel's dog back. They got a dog together, Raquel gave it up, Rachel, I'm sorry, Rachel gave it up, and then it was like sent to a pound or something. And so then James got the dog back and Ali was like, I really want to be sensitive like this. You know, she's been through so much and it would just kill me to see that. You know, my dog was gone and whatever, and she's being so kind and thoughtful where no one else I feel like, is kind on that show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they all could do better.
Speaker 2: They all could do better. Okay, that really is going to do it for this week's episode. Thank you for watching. Be sure to tune in next week. Or maybe we sat just a little bit less