Speaker 1: So have you ever heard of July tenth as seven ten day?
Speaker 2: Seven ten day? That is not familiar to me?
Speaker 1: Well, that's surprisingly because it's a weed holiday. No shita twenty Yeah apparently. And this is I am h O real dumb. It's called seven ten day because when you turn seven ten upside down, it looks like oil. It's all about different types of oil THHC, like shatter or vapes. Okay, no, no, this is legit. I mean obviously it's just you know, a hallmark holiday for weed. Like they just made it up to sell shit, right holidays are Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: That's just thinking to myself like, well, I guess it's just like, what the fuck does I have to do with anything?
Speaker 1: Fair Well, in remembrance of seven ten day, which was at this point, remember many days ago.
Speaker 2: Well you know what, babe, I will unlike other days, I will smoke wheat on some intent.
Speaker 1: Well, you got it. You gotta cook up some shatter.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't know about all that.
Speaker 1: What else? Tell them what we're watching.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're finally watching the Bear finally, So now we're in season two, so everyone can stop yelling at us about seeing the Bear.
Speaker 1: Enjoyable Yeah, perfectly enjoyable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's definitely a part of me that was like, I kind of wish that I had watched a show like this before I worked at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: I'm curious what the difference is. We both worked for a long time in restaurants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something about the attitude that they're bringing to their careers and wanting, you know, to put their best foot forward and stuff like that. And there's sometimes when you know, I was younger, and it's not my business, so I don't care, you know, like I'm just there to make my money and leave.
Speaker 1: Sure, but there were.
Speaker 2: Times when I would think to myself, like, if you really wanted to, you could you could think about this in a more serious way, like thinking about being the first person somebody sees that morning and setting a tone for their day and like smiling over their coffee and making it a cheerful experience so that they're like, ah, I feel good this morning, I'm gonna go tackle my day like you know you can, you can think or being the person at the end of the day that's like providing a really nice meal and people remember what they worked so hard for delicious food, and I had to go out and enjoy myself and have someone wait on me. Like there is something about that service that you're providing that you can take a lot of pride in. And I don't think I had that at all. I was like, oh, I hate everything and everyone.
Speaker 1: But to me, it was very dependent on that two way street, right, like if the customer, you know, had an attitude of you're the machine that brings me my sustenance, now.
Speaker 2: Do it right, pon pon nine.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking the other day of a table of these you know, I was oney five. They were probably close to my same age, maybe a little younger, and it was the worst day. I mean, a brunch shift on Saturday is something that everyone should have to do in their life so that they can understand it, and like it should be mandatory for citizenship. I think you should have to do, you know, eighteen months of brunch.
Speaker 2: Service or at least some brunch and then like a Christmas retail yeah right right, you know, three months of seasonal retail.
Speaker 1: I mean, don't get me started, but we should all be rotating jobs. But anyway, so horrible, horrible day, and this table these three kids just like, you know, very average table. They were fine, they got their food, they were nice. They left, and they left this little like pre printed punch out card that was just like hope, yeah, having a great day, you know, something positive written on. I don't even remember specifically what it was. It was like one of those like Dove chocolate wrappers messages, but it was a little punch out, little piece of card stock. And i'mlike almost started weeping, and I went out outside and I found them in the parking lot talking and I was holding back tears and I'm like, I've just been having a really awful day and that was just really nice, and that was a really nice gesture, and I just wanted you to know that it made me feel good on a bad day. And one of the girls was like can I give you a hug? That's like, yes, please, And there's hugged the stranger of the parking lot. All right, thanks, and I you know, I got through that day and it was a whoof that was one of the tough ones.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it has been a week for us. We're dogs sitting. We got a new house guest, Lee Low. If anybody wants to foster or adopt an adorable seven year old gray pit bull with the sweetest heart in the world. But she's looking for a home. We're kind of halfway housing her.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's it. That's what we're doing right now. Halfway house for dogs. Yeah, not a bad gig, No.
Speaker 1: It's not. It's not. It's nice to have them for a little short spurts. So that's been our week. But there's a big whole world out there that also had a week that's so true, and we want to talk about that a little bit today. Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's just a lot of stuff in the news recently about sex and marriage. Last well, guest Week and a couple of weeks sure, and some that y'all sent us. Some listeners sent us some headlines or tagged us, and some stories and we were like, well, dang, let's throw together some current copulation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's so nice to be thought about. It is when you're out there and you're just reading the news and you're like, I know, who needs to hear about this Elian.
Speaker 2: Diana a giant dildo in Mexico? Yeah, I know, I know who needs to know about it?
Speaker 1: The thoughts that make people think of us.
Speaker 2: I love to be associated with giant statues. But yeah, recently there's been some like ethics questions about AI sex robots. You know, we love talk about AI up in here. There's a mayor who married a reptile in Mexico. There were several pieces of legislation or like court cases that kind of caught our eye. There's some new stats on marriage in the US that people were talking about, just a lot of different things. So I say, let's just dive into this smorgage board of sex and marriage news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Hey, their French come listen. Well, Eli and Diana got some stories to tell. There's no match making a romantic.
Speaker 3: Tips, It's just about ridiculous relations shit, I love.
Speaker 2: There might be any type of person at all, and abstract concept on a concrete wall. But if there's a story worth a second glans ridiculous romance.
Speaker 1: A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Well, recently there's been a bit of a spate of people throwing things at performers in concerts, like concerts like bottles and crazy, like maybe Rexo was like hitting the eye with a phone or something and got like a black eye.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm gonna go on a rent.
Speaker 2: And now I'll start to say I.
Speaker 1: I'll stop, but just to say it makes the news, And then someone says I could do that, right, try to get the views and the clicks and the hits and all that stuff, and it's awful.
Speaker 2: I did see someone be like, well, I don't know, in the you know, seventies and eighties, we were throwing shit at the CES two, and of course if you go all the way back to Shakespeare times, they were throwing shit. So it's like kind of an old behavior and not a new behavior.
Speaker 1: It's the other side of it, too, where the news reflects trends that already existed, but makes them seem like they're like, this month, we're going to report a lot on this thing that's happening as if it's new. Right.
Speaker 2: Well, in half of it is so that oh, well, hey boomers, what do you think about this? And like, oh, hey millennials, you know, so we can all argue with each other exactly. In fact, we're all the worst so and have been forever. But the reason we're bringing this up is because this time, at a Lil nas X concert in Stockholm, Sweden, someone threw a vagina shaped sex toy at Lil nas X and of course little Na's a humorous guy. It's in a great sense of humor. Yeah, so apparently he just dodged it. And then he picked up and asked the crowd, quote, who threw their pussy on stage?
Speaker 1: What else can you say in that kind of situation? Also, I'm pretty sure I'm promise I'm not speaking of experience here. I think those aren't cheap. No, right, So, like, who's throwing that up on stage? Like they can just give it away?
Speaker 2: Somebody had some good seats to the Montero tour and decide.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, you've already got disposable income.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got questions though?
Speaker 1: Is it used?
Speaker 2: Is it new? Was it in the box?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Was it homemade? The box in the box?
Speaker 1: How would you homemake.
Speaker 2: Somebody his homemade? They're a little flashlight, you know.
Speaker 1: It's true. Three D printer in a silicone mold.
Speaker 2: Three D printer or pillow, uh huh?
Speaker 1: And a bottle of a bottle of corn syrup.
Speaker 2: Growth.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what people do. Why is it so sticky? Common question? Title your sex tape? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I might prefer that though to what I think is probably the most unusual thing thrown at a performer on the stage, which is when Pink got showered with somebody's mother's ashes no during her show what and the person was like, Oh, my mom is a big fan. It's like, look, man, oh that is insane to me to put some like human ashes on somebody. I just think that's crazy. I don't know how you would.
Speaker 1: Well and imagine these are ashes, right, but like it's a human body, and I'm just like, in my mind, I don't know too many horror movies. I'm just transposing that to other forms of the human Like if it was just dismembered body parts being thrown up at Pink on stage, I mean, you know, at the end of the day, is it really that different. This is just another chemical form of someone's corpse being thrown at you.
Speaker 2: It's very gross, really weird. And also like, if you're a fan, why would you want to disrespect her like this in the middle of her performance. I feel like your mom would be like stop it. Pink is trying to do some aerial and you need to leave up. It's alone.
Speaker 1: Also, it's not like that's some sort of permanent resting place, not really like your mom's gonna get showered off, mopped up, and like end up in the sewer somewhere. So I just doesn't seem.
Speaker 2: Like it doesn't feel respectful.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe mom was like all I care about is pink, and I just want to, even for a moment, be scattered over her dancing body.
Speaker 2: If but one particle of my ashes goes inside her eye or something, I'm forever part of pink.
Speaker 1: Wow. I don't know how I know. I do know how I feel about that, and it's terrible. I don't feel good about it at all.
Speaker 2: I don't know how. I have just got in touch with my feelings and I know exactly no.
Speaker 1: I was trying to pretend like I was waffling on that one. Also, I don't know if anyone's ever seen actual crematorium human ashes. It's not like the dust that you see in the coffee can at the end of Big Lebowski, where it's just like a powder that dissipates in the wind. It's like gravel. Like. Human ashes don't burn down to a fine dust. They burned down to like what you scoop out of the bottom of a fireplace, which is a mix of dust and like large particles of probably carbonized bone and things like that.
Speaker 2: Like, so you're telling me that she was pelted Yeah, with gravelly bits. Yeah, of someone's mother, definitely, if I were, I don't know. I feel like Pink probably is like all right back on the road, you know what I mean. But for me, I'd be like, I need a minute.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good. Like I said, someone literally threw a corpse at you, you know by any other name. So sorry, Pink. Well, speaking of death, I guess that's where we're starting this episode. This one little more direct dialysis patient died of a heart attack during sex, now specifically sex with one of the nurses that was treating him. This nurse first told the police in Wales after this guy died that she had no relationship with him, that he'd called her up to say he wasn't feeling well and she came out and just sat in his car with him for thirty or forty five minutes quote, just talking. But turned out that they were doing more than talking. It turned out they actually had an affair for a year together.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: They met while he was you know, getting dialysis, he was treating him. Yeah, and she was like, ooh, this guy's kidneys do not function. I gotta get me some of that. And they started doing it on the date.
Speaker 2: On the DL hope after all the red bull.
Speaker 1: I okay, I'll just say I'm literally terrified of dialysis. Like I don't do well with needles. I do not like it, get a little weak in the knees. I can handle it. I know some people straight up pass out, and I get it, but I can't like watch when they're doing it, and the idea of sitting there while they, you know, distract yourself if you don't want to hear this, but they like pull the blood out of your body, throw it through a giant machine that's basically an electronic kidney, and then pump it back into your body to do the job that your kidneys do. And I don't think. I don't know if I could do it. So I'm so terrified for my poor kidneys.
Speaker 2: I have a friend who had a terrible kidney disease, still does. She had to have two kidney transplants.
Speaker 1: She's like a spokesperson for this disease.
Speaker 2: Now right, I want to say, it's FSGS, Yeah, fsgs, f SGS and Yeah, her brother gave her his kidney and then like a year even not not long, it failed because it was too close of a match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the disease was like great.
Speaker 2: Geah, awesome, another one to pack and then she just got another one. Fortunately, she got very lucky and got another kidney and she's doing really well. But she was on dialysis eight hours a day. Oh, Like her whole job was to get her blood cleaned. You know what I'm saying, Like that was her life, and I was just like, I think that's what I would hate the most when I think about medical problems, or like, your entire existence is nothing but doctor's appointments, clean, you know, cleaning something out of your body, putting something in like whatever, just sitting sitting waiting constantly, like pain and being uncomfortable. I would just I just can't imagine it.
Speaker 1: I do this all the time, and we all should. I am very grateful that my body works as well as it does. Yeah, and then I don't have to deal with those and I am certainly impressed with people who do. And you know whatever. We should be making everyone's lives as good as we possibly can. But I think we all could stand to be a little grateful for our bodies functioning. Oh yeah, because it's wild what some people have to go through just to live, right, So thanks body, keep it keep it going through, keep it going, because we'll all have some problems someday. Literally, all of.
Speaker 2: Us being able bodied is only temporary.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so anyway back to this story, because you know what, this guy died of a heart attack. They were having sex in his car. He's half naked, he's got his pants down around his ankles. And this guy died, and the nurse of course freaks out, but she decides, let me call my friend and coworker and see what I should do. And her friend is like, uh, hello, call nine nine nine because it's the UK. So there it's nine one one. Theirs is nine nine nine, which actually makes more sense. It's even easier to dial, right.
Speaker 2: I've heard actually that we did that on purpose so that you wouldn't accidentally call.
Speaker 1: But I'm wondering back when there were rotary phones, it's a lot harder at butt dial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but nine nine nine would take even longer because you'd have to go all the way around.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true.
Speaker 2: Nine and then one one, nice and fast.
Speaker 1: And that's probably what it was. You heard it hear first, folks, you solved the mystery anyway. In England's nine nine nine, her friend is like, call nine nine nine and the nurse refused. She said no. So her friend is like, well, I guess I'll be right there, and showed up and she called an ambulance herself, and obviously nothing could be done. So yeah, ambulance shows up, Obviously police show up, and she's got this whole other story about what had happened. We were just talking. He took his pants off. I guess, you.
Speaker 2: Know, he just took his pants off, just.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes you're talking to people are just like, oh man, I just had a big lunch, so let me just unbutton and pull all the way down around my ankles. Her other nurse friend shows up and starts trying to CPR this guy, which I guess this nurse also didn't try, and uh yeah, it didn't work out. So she was taken off of work. She was she was struck off and she can no longer work as a nurse for having quote brought the nursing profession into disrepute, which is a very British way of saying you embarrassed us.
Speaker 2: All I mean, I guess I see why. I mean, isn't there you know, probably not do that.
Speaker 1: Probably not probably unethical to have a relationship with your patient, But I don't know is that true.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know it's not okay if you're a doctor, you know, a psychological doctor, you can't have a relationship with your patient. But I don't know if it's actually technically unethical. If you're just like, I'm seeing you for your heart and I think you're hot, let's go have dinner. I don't think anyone cares about that. But of course she's sneeking around, and then you know, denied him care essentially because of his own shit, So that would probably be more the problem.
Speaker 1: Here's my question. Have you ever had a hot doctor, hot doctor, or hot.
Speaker 2: Nurse or hot nurse? None come to mind. I'm sure there's been some hot nurses though. Sure, But you know, again, knock on wood, very very lucky to not have to have cause to have many doctors or nurses.
Speaker 1: About oh yeah, because you never make doctor's appointments for yourself. Also, have not.
Speaker 2: Needed to go and get like many operations or anything. I did have a hot dentist. One time.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say I had a hot dentist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hot dentists. Several of his texts were hot too, so maybe that's where the dental texts.
Speaker 1: Oh technicians, I thought you said texts like he was texting you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he sent me some hot texts.
Speaker 1: Did what text? His assistance text from my dentist?
Speaker 2: It says, are you flossy?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, no. We recently we both had the same dentist and she was hot.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: She's a little punk Rocke dentist, that's right, with a very Russian name, no accent, so probably spy. And now she knows all about it.
Speaker 2: She was like, oh, your teeth look terrible, Diana. You should really do something about that. Here's a plan over the next three years that will cost you twenty five thousand dollars. Also, do you know the nuclear coade?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say twenty five thousand dollars or the newcle and or no it's it's not or right, Yeah, your insurance is great.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to pay this bill.
Speaker 1: What's great about dental insurance is that you it's it's only like you know twenty five to forty bucks a month, right, and then if something goes wrong with your teeth, you also pay for all that.
Speaker 2: Right. But to be fair, if you call them, they will laugh at you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right, they say, haha, you're poor. You don't deserve good teeth.
Speaker 2: Having teeth was actually a pre existing condition.
Speaker 1: So so maybe think about that next time and don't have teeth. Good news for you.
Speaker 2: On your way, they're falling out one by one.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll tell you who's got great teeth? Oh cw actors, Hey, that's true. Like Smallville actress Alison Mack.
Speaker 2: Great segue, babe, you got us from one store to the other, just so we do it here, that's right. Well, yeah, so the Smallville actress Alison Mack, who recruited women to the Nexium sex cult just got real secured and early release from prison because she helped build up a case against the cult leader, Keith Rainier.
Speaker 1: Who worked for Okay, IoT, you get you something right.
Speaker 2: He was the leader of this cult. And basically Alison Mack would go out and it's just like the Galline Maxwell. She was the trustworthy woman, was like, come and you know, join me and my friends in this group, and you know nothing crazy, All you have to do is some forced slave labor, post for nude photos, and perform sex acts with Keith Rainy.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, no problem. You're telling me that women can also be monsters.
Speaker 2: I am telling you, yeah. And I wouldn't be the first sure to say it. But yeah, she did help, I guess, build a case against Keith. He got one hundred and twenty years in prison more I know, right, And she did say she was filled with guilt and remorse at her trial for her actions.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean, this is a tough one.
Speaker 2: Man, because I feel like, you know, we don't love prison around here. We don'tant people to languish in prison if they have no reason and if there's supposed to be some rehabilitation. And surely she was also brainwashed, and there's some sympathy for her. But also she did some really fucked up shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, surely she knew that what she was doing was very very bad, right, ethical and legally and all these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she like enabled this crazy man and got a lot of people traumatized. He also had them branded, by the way, like he would brand them with his initials or something, or with annexium logo or something.
Speaker 1: You know, one of these things. Is she like, and I know they consider this too, Is she likely to do harm again? And probably not a she would have to like probably alter her identity, fool. Everybody is like, I'm not gonna listen to anything you say. I'm not. I'm not gonna take any of your recommendations. If you're like the trader Joe's on fifth is better than the one on twelfth, I'm gonna be like, you're trying to check me into a sex call, so I'm going to one on twelfth.
Speaker 2: You think she's like, hey, guys, I thought i'd have a little dinner party at my house. And everybody's like, oh, yeah, I didn't say what it was. I really every night was coming up in the near futures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And on that point, I don't see her as a threat. So if she is willing to, you know, work with the system to get the guy who really is the threat out, then does that not get something for her? Or or do we just want vengeance? Do we just want to punish her?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I'm you know, I think punishment should be real, but also like, is it just to make us feel better? Or is it to make a better world, right, right?
Speaker 2: I mean, you make a good point. If you really put yourself in her shoes and think about her, I'd rather not. I mean I don't, but i'd try to think about these things where I'm like, I'm not even sympathetic to this person. I don't like them. But you know, if you're thinking about the movie from their perspective, she's probably thinking and they are too. I'm sure the lawyers in court and everything, of the years that have passed since this was discovered, the time she spent in prison, and of course the eye of the world being upon her and her name now is forever linked to this Hainau's crimes and this horrible, horrible cult and everything, and they're you know, they're probably like, well, yeah, what are you going to do? But go live quietly somewhere more than.
Speaker 1: Likely, I mean, you know, especially while meanwhile, we've got people who've done much more terrible things are out here being some of the wealthiest and freest people in the world and most powerful. Right, it is a little imbalance. But again, so I guess what I'm saying is thrower a parade. Let's give her whatever she wants hang on. No, it's just tricky with punishments. But anyway, I think the point is they got him, they got him.
Speaker 2: Good, they got him. Guys twenty years she was part of that. And to my point, I just saying she has had been she has been punished, right, she served some time, She's had to deal with a lot of anger and justified anger. Right, true hatred probably pointed her way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's a good collection to start with a lot of death and uh.
Speaker 2: Right, is everyone still listening? Are we still having a fun?
Speaker 1: We're laughing, We're laughing. So let's take a quick break, we'll reset, We'll come back with some more ridiculous romance stories right after this break.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everyone. All.
Speaker 1: I know we said things we're gonna start dark and get lighter. Well, I don't think we ever promised that.
Speaker 2: We never promised that the problem with sex and marriage in the news that it's usually.
Speaker 1: Not seriously bad. I think that's we've talked endlessly about this before too, but I think that's something we aim for on this show. Also, it's like a lot of these stories are pretty terrible because sometimes ridiculousness and especially sex, you know, don't go well for somebody. I think it's good to be able to address those seriously and in earnest and have some weight to it, and also like not get sunk down into misery and be able to kind of laugh at some of the surrounding stuff about the world while still respecting the nightmares that people are going through. Yeah, so let's see line it is, so let's see if we can laugh at this one stopping laughter. In Japan, a student sued her teacher. She accused him of using his position of authority to groom her into a relationship because they were apparently together for ten years, they took like trips together, definitely an inappropriate student teacher relationship, and she says that the first time they ever dine anything sexual, she felt forced. Now he claimed, now this is totally consensual. Sure, I think that there's plenty to say about what a teenager can consent to with a grown ass adult.
Speaker 2: Right right, And keep in mind also culturally the difference in Japan that has paid an elder that a woman pays to a man. It's a little bit different than a student teacher relationship even here, which it would still be inappropriate. Oh yeah, yeah, you know, I'm just thinking about it because I'm like, oh, ten years, Okay, at some point you decided, but you know, I do want to put that extra layer there, that there is a little bit more weight on that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: For sure. And that sort of explains why she stayed with him for so long, because she said that she kept seeing him because she was so grateful to him for the treatment she got, the sort of probably status, a little.
Speaker 2: Bit opportunities for her, you know, yeah, I mean there's lots of ways he could make himself useful to keep her by.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So she felt like it was rude to refuse him, which is again a lot and very much sort of a grooming situation where an adult takes a teenager who don't know no better and says, I'm helping you, and you know, it's respectful for you to pay me back in some respect, right. So she knew that this lawsuit against him was probably not going to succeed, and she didn't even really feel like a victim of sexual harassment because she didn't have bruises or injuries, which is also something that happens a lot. People who were abused think, well, I wasn't because I wasn't you know, smacked around, Yeah, or.
Speaker 2: Like I didn't have to be restrained physically to have sex with this person. I mean we, you know, we're having that conversation for the past few years about what's coercion, enthusiastic consent, Yeah, stuff like that, And I guess this article is kind of pointing out that they're not really having that conversation in Japan as much so. Sexual harassment and assault is still very much like, Oh, a guy burst into your house and threatened you at gunpoint and tied you up, and you know, it has to be something very violent before it is considered to be a traumatizing event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so here's here's where it gets crazy.
Speaker 2: But here's the twist.
Speaker 1: Apparently the professor's own wife turned around and sued the girl for damages. She said, oh, your your relationship violated marital civil code and that it was up to the girl to end this relationship. She could have done so at any time.
Speaker 2: I hate this.
Speaker 1: It's because Japan's civil code counts marital infidelity as a breach of contract. So she says, you broke the contract between my husband and I, So why wouldn't.
Speaker 2: It be the husband's fault. That's what I don't understand. She should be suing his ass.
Speaker 1: Okay, but guess what. The wife won twenty thousand dollars in damages according to New York Times.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So I guess it was just like she's shaken a rolling pin and she's like, you cheated on me, but at least we'll make some money.
Speaker 2: Off of it. Look in my defense, my defense would be I didn't make no contract with this bitch at all. Right, she made a contract with her husband that he broke, so y'all need to work that out. I have nothing to do with that promise. I didn't promise you nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess it sort of balanced out because the student did win some minor damages, so she was able to pay it off like that. So I don't know if it's just balanced.
Speaker 2: That's so weird that the husband's like, here's my money, and she's like, okay, thanks, I'm gonna go give it to your wife.
Speaker 1: To give it your wife out point of any of this total dog and pony.
Speaker 2: Show money rigamarole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the girl said in an interview quote, I understand that I was wait naive, and I still hate myself for it. There's so many times I could have said no and run away. Where again she's sort of blaming herself here for this guy, you know, getting inside her brain and making her think that she owes him something. She literally said that, right, I mean, yes, we all have responsibility for our actions. And yes, like you said, ten years in like, there was a point at when she were grown up enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm not sure it wasn't a daily thing or something. But you know, we look at that should have been a point.
Speaker 1: Lived their whole lives in cults, and then in their sixties or later, they're like, what was I How was I so crazy to think all this for so long? You don't necessarily have as much control over your own thoughts as you think you do all the time, Like, especially when people are really good, right at manipulating that that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they find a way to get in with you whatever insecurity or whatever opening, right, and then they lead you along just long enough that when they start to suggest things that you should immediately say no to you for some reason, say yes, like, I mean, we've you know, we've all had a friend who made us do something. They know, like oh, in the.
Speaker 3: Cold light of day, It all seemed like a very obvious thing not to do, but at the time it made all of sense.
Speaker 1: I just unprompted our friends. Y'all know, Cherry and Jason are moving, and I don't know how they got into my head, but I just messaged them today and said, hey, you guys need some.
Speaker 2: Help out of nowhere?
Speaker 1: How the hell did that happen?
Speaker 2: And he goes, do you all need help packing? We'll be there, We will be there.
Speaker 1: Did I say that's fair? I totally volunteered you as well.
Speaker 2: I did not say, here's.
Speaker 3: The thing, I'm being forced by my husband.
Speaker 2: Well, friends moved.
Speaker 1: We're all manipulating each other here. I don't know how they got helped to pack. Yeah, no, that's the truth. When we move, we're gonna want that out over anyway. Psychological manipulation. It happens to us all, It happens to us all. Well.
Speaker 2: There was another case tried this year in Japan where another student accused her professor of repeatedly like inappropriately touching her and saying sexual things to her, like that he thought about her naked, or I'm gonna make you my woman after you graduate my woman.
Speaker 1: Wow. Gross.
Speaker 2: She also was complaining that she had went to the university to kind of be like, hey, this professor's saying some gross things to me, and she was told, quote, sexual harassment is something more serious, and that she had quote let her guard down.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So they kind of dismissed her complaints and did nothing to the professor. And she was like, if they had just kind of been a little more empathetic and listened to me, it would have lessened my suffering that I was going through. But they, you know, she was just getting it from all sides basically. So she actually won her case, but the court said, quote, there was no evidence to recognize such behavior cross a socially acceptable line.
Speaker 1: What I mean, one, this is what I don't.
Speaker 2: Understand that either, because she won the case, but they said the behavior wasn't bad at it.
Speaker 1: It was just like, yeah, yeah, fine, here's some money, but nothing bad really happened here.
Speaker 2: I know, don't. I don't really understand that decision, but I think it just kind of highlights like, oh, we're again. You're not slapped around, there's no bruises, you're not like shaking in a corner, so you're probably fine, and you were just a little annoyed. So what's the big deal? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just reminds me. I mean, you know, right here, obviously a lot of the same problems in schools. My high school girlfriend, my first like serious girlfriend. I learned from her. We completed we went to this We had gone to the same middle school in different years, and it's an awful middle school, like just rotten place full of rotten people. And she went to the administration to complain about how other students were treating the other boys. And definitely it was the first time I learned that had been will tell you, Oh, well, boys will be boys. That's literally what she heard. And I was like, what wait, what's that's normal? And you just need to deal with it. That was so crazy to me, And it just reminds me this here.
Speaker 2: That's insane because boys will be boys is a very common phrase to hear or like I hated it as a kid. This boy keeps bothering me, poke me or I'll pull my hair. You know, he's always bothering me saying something. Oh, that just means he likes you, so he thinks you're cute. He's trying to flirt and I'm like, well, that's not flirting. Why should I be feel privileged by that behavior or flattered by being annoyed and my personal space being violated that why are you trying to teach me that? That's like how boys flirt? Can we not teach boys a better way of flirting? Because it used to be like, let me do little services for you, or buy you a gift, can you a flower, give you accomplished, show up.
Speaker 1: At your house every day with another piece of emerald jewelry.
Speaker 2: Now I just poke in hard to class.
Speaker 1: He shoved me down and kicked three of my teeth out, and they're like, ooh k I S.
Speaker 2: S I, and you're wedding well.
Speaker 1: Truly insane behavior. I'm I'm very glad. I feel like I became a better person by being way too terrified to approach girls that I liked in middle school, probably because and to me, boys will be boys was the stuff me and my boys were doing, which was like seeing how many seconds it took for an egg to explode in the microwave, balancing the egg on top of a Bbie gun and shooting it straight up in the air and watching the egg explode, or various ways of making eggs explode was pretty much most of our.
Speaker 2: Days was really fixated on this egg thing.
Speaker 1: Well, it got us out doors. Otherwise those video games.
Speaker 2: Boys can't do that.
Speaker 1: I know, eggs were cheap back then, we're cheap in the day. Yeah, man, we really destroyed a lot of eggs. Really contried it into the problem, starting well, boys will be boys.
Speaker 2: What do you want for me? Boys will be boys.
Speaker 1: Let's get out of this.
Speaker 2: I know, well we will. I will say, just to wrap up these this Japan, these Japan stories that in both cases the teachers were fired, so they that was at least one punishment they both received with that, Hey, you shouldn't be around other students, right, which is a good thing. And you know, and probably both of the women and the stories were like, that's my ultimate goal.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't want to.
Speaker 2: There's not Yeah, there's not many. I don't think there's even many people who are like I want him torn down to shreds, put into a dark cell forever and no one ever sees his face again until he looks like one of the cave creatures from the Descent, Like, wow, I don't think there's so many people who want.
Speaker 1: I feel like you've thought this before. That was real quick.
Speaker 2: I have thought it about some people. But I think a lot of times it's just like, hey, I just want this person to be stripped of the authority that that gave them the power over me, that made it uncomfortable for me. I just don't want them to have that anymore. And they don't have that, Okay, now they can move on and do whatever.
Speaker 1: I think that's there. It is again of that difference between vengeance and harm reduction.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: We emotionally want to watch these bad people suffer, but if we remove them from their teaching position, they have a they have less of an opportunity to do that kind of behavior again and be hopefully other people see that and think twice before they behave like that, thinking well, you know, I might lose my job if I do right. I think those are the goals you're trying to achieve.
Speaker 2: Or I might not be able to get this job anywhere else if I lose it here, which is the other goal. I think the problem is that they get fired and then they just get hired somewhere else, so you're like, well that's not enough. Then that's when you start to get I guess I need to tear him down to the little nothings so that he will never be hired by anyone like ever again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looks like a dissent creature.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, a descent creature.
Speaker 1: Now. That was part of the problem with the priests, right, It was like, I can't believe that you did that to those boys. We're gonna, oh, we've had it up to here with you. We are definitely transferring you to a different church.
Speaker 2: You're like, wait, wait where no one knows about you? Yeah, and nacan you can be trusted all anew again by a whole pile of new people. Horrible.
Speaker 1: Can we get out of this sexual harassment stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk about consent.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about consent, but at least for robots. So we'll take a quick break and decide when we come back from this. So we'll take a quick break and decide when we come back right here today, we will determine whether or not robots deserve consent themselves.
Speaker 2: Unlucky you, that's what we're here for. And welcome back.
Speaker 1: All right. So we have talked ad nauseum on this show at length and across many episodes about the future of sex and technology. Right, AI chat bots doing whatever you want to do to you in the virtual setting, text setting. I guess if that's your thing, we're talking of holograms, we're talking sex bots and hyperrealistic sex dolls, of which there are more than fifty six thousand sold every year, and ninety five percent of those sex dolls are presented as female.
Speaker 2: Right, Right, Not too many male sex dolls going out the door.
Speaker 1: Not a lot. I guess one could argue, and I don't have the stats to back this up, that if you want a male bodied person to have sex with you, it's easier to just go get one who's willing, like an actual human sex doll.
Speaker 2: A human sex doll, that's what I that's what we're looking for.
Speaker 1: But obviously, as these things get more advanced, as AI is starting to come closer to simulating consciousness, certainly not anywhere near actually recreating it, but sort of tricking you into thinking it's there, the question becomes like, should these things become sophisticated enough to require consent from their users, Like if you have an active sex doll that has a real voice and responds to you in real time as if they're having a real conversation with you. Can it say no? Should it be able to right? Should it have to say yes? There's kind of part of me is like black and white. No, it's not a conscious being. You can't harm it. I don't understand why you would program it to be able to be harmed or be traumatized. That's super weird.
Speaker 2: That's where it gets real gross, right, because that's where you want it to feel badly, Yes, right, like West World style.
Speaker 1: But the argument is that pornography does have an effect on our brains and how we sort of engage with the real world around us. It changes our chemistry, it changes how we engage with sex, and the physical and visual components to a sex doll make them have an even stronger impact. So if you have a sex doll that you can be violent with and it's normal for you to force yourself onto it or whatever, does that maybe teach your brain on a subconscious level where you're not even aware of it, really to behave more like that in the real world or to be more okay with it. Does it sort of desensitize you? Right?
Speaker 2: Or even like maybe that gets tied in with arousal for you so you can't get to like that's what sex is supposed to feel like, look like, or be like. So anything else is not like how.
Speaker 1: We often would have just randomly would have the radio on, and for whatever reason, every time we would do it, Jimmy World was playing, and now I can't get it on without the middle blasting at full volume.
Speaker 2: You heard it here first, guess I know it's tough. You put the middle on.
Speaker 1: You put the middle on. I'm not saying something's going to happen. I'm just saying something can't happen without without the middle on. Okay, yeah, okay, it just takes some time. But neither here nor even.
Speaker 2: In the middle of the ry. Yeah, so yeah, that's that is the argument, right, is that pornography just visually has enough of an effect on our brain chemistry that people are worried that with the additional physical component, it'll really get in the neurons and make all the wrong connections happen in your brain. Of course, the argument against is your argument that it's not a it doesn't have emotions, it doesn't have true consciousness, It cannot feel pain or shame or any of those things. The article, by the way, is from decrypt dot Co. It's called do AI sex robots require consent?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: And there's a sex doll maker in the article who says that it would be akin to asking a banana's permission to eat it.
Speaker 1: Okay? All right?
Speaker 2: So you know, there's a lot of conversation back and forth about whether and isn't this the thing with AI period? What is consciousness? At what point does it cross the line to being too much like a human being?
Speaker 1: Even because again, we're so far off from we can't synthesize broccoli in a lab. We are so far from being able to synthesize something as complicated as human consciousness.
Speaker 2: So we don't even understand it in ourselves exactly.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about that. But when it becomes indiscernible, even though it's not really consciousness, the algorithms are so advanced that your brain is fooled into thinking it is. It's designed to fool you. So does it still have that impact on your brain? And I think this goes right back to the violent video games conversation. Right to me, I grew up with absolutely heinous video games. Not at home. My parents were actually aggressively against violent toys, violent video games, stuff like that, And I think that's totally fine that they were. They were fine with me playing whatever games at my friend's house if that's what we wanted to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and any number of eggs.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, thanks one the least of it. You know, we were playing Duke Nukeam and Blood and counter Strike. Yeah, Doom wasn't really my thing, but it's definitely around, you know, very violent first person shooters stuff like that. I love the Grand Theft Autos. I'm a total pacifist, Like, I don't have violent streaks, really, I don't think at all. And for me, it's because I was well aware of the difference between fantasy and reality and those two parts of my brain did not have an overlap. But for some people, I think it does make them more. It normalizes that violence, and you kind of sort of try to fantasize that your life is more like the life of the game. So I wonder if that's sort of similar here. I think some people are going to be totally unaffected by it, right, and some people might take some of that with them into their real world experiences. And so is that a danger enough that it's like okay, Well, then everybody has to let it go. Sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even if you don't.
Speaker 1: Have even if you're not that you know, you'll live without it, but some people won't live with it, so right, you gotta be okay letting it go.
Speaker 2: Well, and we have already talked in a previous episode about this, but there you know, we have talked about replicas. Yeah, of course our old friend replica a replica, and yeah, it was some people who started a replica companion solely to abuse it. They just wanted to verbally abuse it or manipulate it and just see what they could do just for kicks, you know. And then some users said that they started to be verbally abused and manipulated by their replica. Right, so there was a similar argument you know about that does it teach people to abuse or are people are abusers using it because it's an unfeeling entity that they can't really hurt, so they can get out that impulse on something that doesn't matter, and then they can go out and be a normal citizen.
Speaker 1: It's otherwise getting frustrated and going to the gym and hitting the punching bag a few times. Yeah I feel better, Yeah, exactly, right, there's there's an argument there for sure, but also like do you need to get raping someone out of your system or is that something that needs to be solved in a different way. It feels well, now that I forced myself on a sex doll, I feel better and I don't feel compelled to do it to a human being anymore like that. No, this is a therapy situation, not to get it out of your system situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, I think so. I don't know, it's just it's very strange. Yeah, you know, you see that too with some men that feel like there's there's women who are privileged in my eyes, that are worthy of their mothers and their wives, and they're that type of woman and whatever they're behaving or however they look, or whatever it is that they require for that woman and every other woman, I can do whatever I want with, you know. Like that's how men feel about prostitutes a lot of the time, right, is that they're like that's why some killers will go after prostitutes because the law doesn't particularly care. They might not have a lot of family at their disposal to give a fuck either, and society looks down on.
Speaker 1: A prostatute you don't count the same way.
Speaker 2: So they're like you, I can violate you, I can harm you. It's okay, I got that out of my system with a low value person, so now I'm able to just go be nice to my wife. Like that's not an unusual story, sadly, So it's like, do I not prefer it? It's happened to adult then a real life person does Is that really an impulse that is it really helping? I guess? Or does it not keep that impulse going? Because it's not like you do it one time and then you're like done forever. You surely have to do it again and again, because an impulse that's in your body like that doesn't just get exercised.
Speaker 1: And that's what I mean when I say this is something, this is a deeper issue to be resolved, Like you should not I don't care. You should not feel compelled to assault another person, right like in any way that should not be your like natural inclination that you just got to get out to feel back to normal again. Like something is going on there that needs to be addressed and treated.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So, and you know, if you do and you don't act on it, I'm not saying like, lock everybody up who's ever had an illegal thought in their mind. But I think that's the real thing. Can you just be like, boy, I really feel like a you know whatever kind of horrible person. But take a breath and I won't do it. Go ahead, live your life great. But if I think if it gets the point where like I've got to get it out, so you better give me something synthetic or I'm to do it to someone real, that argument doesn't hold up for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think if you're a person who's like, got yeah, your boss's face on the dart board right and you're throwing darts, that doesn't really constitute a threat against your boss. No, nobody would take it to jail for that. No, they'd be like, that's you just getting out frustration. You don't really want to throw a dart at your boss's face, not really, Like if you you know, you might be like, ah, yeah I do.
Speaker 1: I would run out.
Speaker 2: But if you really thought about it and you're like it went through his eye and there's blood everywhere, like you're probably like, oh, I don't want to do that, Like I'm.
Speaker 1: Not doing this because I want to put a dart in my boss's face, like I would say that I do, right, you know, and I like it only makes me so mad. But if I was in a in space alone with my boss and a dart and he was tied to a chair, right, I'm not going to stab him in the face with a dart, you know, Like I wouldn't actually do it.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty doubtful.
Speaker 1: Consequence free, I would still not probably enact that kind of harm on someone, I'll say, you know what, I'll say, definitely.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, can I ask if somebody if you were at a shooting range, okay, and somebody's little silhouette that they were hitting was your picture? Yeah, how would that make you feel? I think I would feel threatened? Yeah by that. I don't know that if I walked into a dartboard it would I'd be like, damn, people hate me. I should really think about herself.
Speaker 1: But that's a huge difference.
Speaker 2: It is different. I know it is, but but I'm just thinking it through, like what where is the line? I guess where's the threat come in that he feels more real?
Speaker 1: That question comes up a lot, like where's the line? And often I'm like, there's a big fat bold line, right, because the difference between if I walk in a room, my face is on a dartboard. Yes, just what you said. I'm thinking, Wow, what am I doing that people don't like me this much? If I walk in and I'm in a mannequin in a shooting range, or I'm the visual representation of this sex doll that's getting sexually abused, then I'm like, oh, this person wants to do me harm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is not some like get out your frustrations thing. Yeah. So to me, there's the line right there, and can you give me different examples, I'll tell you which side of the line it's on.
Speaker 2: It might be a darts is a game, so it's immediately more lighthearted, whereas if you're at a shooting range, you're trying to learn how to effectively use a weapon, and darts are not a weapon but a game. So it's probably just the environment and the use of the thing that they do, you know. I mean, I'm sure there's so many little nuances that turn it into a threat, but at any rate, it was just something I was thinking about while we sat here talking. Oh for sure, I would not like that. I would definitely call it be like m is there anything I can do about this person that's using my picture at the shooting range?
Speaker 1: Please? A little bit more on this. There's a Vox article about sex doll brothels and legal sex work. Then they interviewed a legal sex worker in Nevada, where sex work is legal in most counties, and she said that sex doll brothels would be bad for human sex work because, I mean, obviously, here's another example of automation taking jobs away. But also they might teach clients that, you know, it's normal for there to be no limits on what you do with a sex partner. So then you know you are used to going to a doll smacking her around doing whatever you want. You shouldn't say, her smacking it around, And then you go to a real person and your brain is in the same headspace right right, and it wants to do the same things.
Speaker 2: Or their limitations feel like a punishment now because you're sure you know you're allowed to do that the last time. Why do I have to be careful about something now?
Speaker 1: The old my teacher usually lets me do this. The substitute is like, well, your normal teacher is a robot and I'm a real human but you don't have.
Speaker 2: To worry too much about automation taking the jobs away from, okay from real life sex workers. Because in this article there's a sex doll maker company called Aura, and then the sex worker that we're talking about, her name is Alyssa. They both agree that sex dolls will not replace the real thing for a long time to come. Oh yeah, for sure come. Alyssa points out in the article that a lot of her clients just want to cuddle and talk. They don't really not really come into her for sexual pleasure necessarily. She says, it's more about the emotional connection, and that's exactly what AI sex dolls cannot offer, or rather that is what sex dolls can't offer. AI sex dolls, on the other hand, would technically they're trying to make them, I guess, emotionally intelligent enough to fill that role. But right now they're just dolls, and so you know, they're they're very much there for one purpose and they can't fulfill this other purpose that a lot of sex workers are filling for their clients. And of course, the sex doll company said it's the oldest profession in the world. No need to be worried about it, it's gonna, it's going. It's God's staying power.
Speaker 1: I do think that's true.
Speaker 2: So that's that is a good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and sex.
Speaker 2: Work is more than just the sex part. It's a lot.
Speaker 1: Well, this is very true of a lot.
Speaker 2: Of building relationships.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think that that component is very true of a lot of the AI job fears. I've been playing around with the AI what they call AI art, and I promise you it's not right because I think it's a very cool toy and there's some neat stuff you can do with it. Visually, you can create some really cool looking things, and those are strictly for your eyeballs, right, Like you get one sense from those images, and it's visual. Whereas a human artist who's got, you know, a whole lifetime in their hearts and minds, right, creating a piece of art with intention, with purpose, with effort, with meaning, with all these things, like, that's something that can't be replicated by a machine. And I don't even mean that a in some kind of emotional way. I mean that quite literally. There's an objective thing, like a literal, tangible thing that an AI can't have that a human can have. No matter how advanced it gets at replicating, you know, human artwork or even surpassing it. To me, it's like junk food, right. It tastes delicious and it's fine in a pinch, and you've made it quickly, but it's not a prepared meal. It's not that nourishment. It's not really that good for you, and it's not going to make you feel full in the same way that like a delicious chef could you know, well trained meal is so probably very true for a lot of AI replacements. There is something no matter how advanced and how much trickery they can put into an AI sex doll, there's something there's a lifetime of experience that it won't be able to draw from that a human person would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's probably well and it's been interesting for you to play with it because it's so much about how to talk to the AI, like, which is everything with computers, right, It's like, how what's your language? It's zeros and ones. Whatever I have to I have to tell you very in a very specific way what I'm looking for, and it's not that easy to do, as you've shown me, like you have to like, oh, you have to fix the prompt with these number of other prompts and number of other boundaries that you have to give it so you can sort of corral it to where you want it to go, and it gives you sort of an idea of what you were sort of going for, and you keep refining. So I've been thinking a lot about MySpace. It was a time when everyone was learning to code HTM, right sure, and so you were learning how to talk to the computer, and you didn't need, you know, a fancy I person to make your little your shit for you. On the other hand, some people's pages were more aesthetically pleasing than others, right So, and then also like even if you know how to make a website, sometimes you still need a designer to come in with an artist and say this is how it should be laid out, or this is how It's not enough to just talk to it. You have to also have the artistic eye and the esthetic I you know what I'm saying, to make something beautiful, right that stuff. So it's kind of like it feels to me like, Okay, a lot of people are going to learn how to talk to this AI and make images, and that's kind of scary for artists. And it's definitely annoying that they're being taught on copyrighted stuff and all that stuff is super unethical. On the other hand, I think at some point the people who want to talk to computers and figure out how to talk to the computer, they're going to run out of ideas to get They're not artists, right at some point, I know it's still already stupid boobs and weird, dumb, porny looking pictures and stuff, and it's like, well, you just that's because you're not an artist. And artists also is not just about the painting. It's about idating the fucking painting in the first place, seeing the angel in the marble. Like if you can't see the angel in the marble, then you're not Michaelangelo, you know. Like so anyway, I think there's there's probably some course correction that will happen naturally.
Speaker 1: I think I think a lot of people that are tooling around with it now are going to get bored with it, you know, because they are just like they're they're imaginations are and I don't mean this as a dig, but like they're they're more limited, right, Like they're they don't spend their lives thinking of creative concepts. They spend their lives thinking of you know, whatever it is they do. They might be programmers or or just you know, plumbers or I don't know, but they're not prone. They have not practiced developing creative ideas. So at a certain point they're like, well, I've done the stuff I can think of, or I've imitated the stuff that I've seen so many times, and like, Okay, it's getting better, it's easier to do, it's faster, it's crisper, it's cleaner, whatever. But like, I don't know, I've been playing with us for a couple of years, and I think I'm bored with it. I think that's what will happen. I am.
Speaker 2: I'm curious to see it plays out for sure, But that's that's my feeling at this time, is that I'm like, there's everyone has different things to offer. Artists have something, very creative people have something to offer, and you cannot replace it with a machine, and even a sophisticated one, you just can't. Like, there's there's some there's some line. Again, there's an invisible it's a big fat line. You know it when you when you when you see it. I can't tell you where it is, but there is one, you know, and I think we'll we'll butt our way up against it pretty soon.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you this, how about sex doll brothel? Is it cheating? Hmmm? Because I know the.
Speaker 2: Answer, Oh you do? You know the right answer, correct one and only correct answer to this question? What is it?
Speaker 1: The answer is now, okay. Obviously, I think that is up for every couple to negotiate and come to their own terms on right or polycule or whatever. Whoever has boundaries for their for their personal romantic lives. But to me, it's a masturbatory aid. That's a toy.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm leaning. It would be like saying, oh, you're not a love, which some men don't. Some some people won't let their partners use use sex toys because they do feel like it's a violation of some kind. Or I've heard plenty of women say they don't like it when their husband's masturbate. So I don't know, like even with their just their hand, they're like, you shouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: My first girlfriend and we weren't having sex, but she told me, she said, I don't think that when a couple starts having sex, that the man should masturbate anymore. Yeah, And I mean, you know what, I doubt she thinks that today we were I had no idea what we're talking about, but it was her understanding that was like, well that I should be enough for them, you know.
Speaker 2: And then of course you're like, probably in your head about what are you who are you thinking about? Are they different than me? How are they different than me? What do you wish? I was like, you know whatever, And the same for I think a lot of men that don't like sex toys is there is a sense of oh that that dildo's bigger than me, or I can't vibrate my dick, so you know, like you're getting something I can't provide, and it makes me feel insecure.
Speaker 1: But once we advance AI to the point of more like bionic enhancements and we merge, you can get you can have a vibrating dick.
Speaker 2: Is that the future we all want?
Speaker 1: With the mind of its own? Oh, I don't know about that true consciousness.
Speaker 2: That'd be funny if your vibrating dick was like I don't like this girl and just went.
Speaker 1: Flatt excuse me, that's my wife, like push the button.
Speaker 2: Override, override, I will say, just quickly to wrap this sex brothel thing up.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Vox article does say, and I find this ironic that a lot of human jobs are actually created by a sext brothel rather than taken away because of the amount of cleaning that has to take place. Oh between, So it's actually more expensive to run a sex doll brothel than a regular brothel.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so well, two or.
Speaker 2: Three people humans have to clean one doll.
Speaker 1: We may be removing sex workers jobs, but the custodial jobs were.
Speaker 2: Creative shooting up. Guys are doubling, which hopefully the pay is really good.
Speaker 1: It better be, because I'm not sure what I would charge for you to be for you to get me to hose out a sex doll of a hyperrealistic sex an artificially conscious sex doll who's probably like a little to the left. Please, oh god, don't forget behind that flap. You know, girl, You're gonna need to probably detach my left leg to clean this one. I don't. I mean, hey, job's job, and people are willing to do all kinds of things I'm not willing to do, and I'm grateful for them.
Speaker 2: There's really any cleaning job I probably would not take. I don't enjoy cleaning.
Speaker 1: Oh really anything I would.
Speaker 2: I know you said you would start a cleaning company.
Speaker 1: It's like it was down the list for me in my fallbacks.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and you'd be get like an organizational company. To you, you're very organization Well.
Speaker 1: I was a trained closet planner at the container store for three years.
Speaker 2: So great people.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I could do your house pretty nicely. But I can't do my house though.
Speaker 2: I know right well, you know the cobblers kids go barefoot or whatever, the Cobblers kids. My first part of my laugh was me laughing at my joke. The last part of my laugh was me laughing at how tickled you were.
Speaker 1: I just want cobbler now, gobbler, geez, look at literally, look at the because we've we've already done our two commercial breaks and we're at an hour, and there's y'all. We have we we have, we barely scratched the surface. We have more, this is the problem. We have more.
Speaker 2: We have more about sex work for like humans, humans.
Speaker 1: Humans, remember them, right, I remember humans.
Speaker 2: We're out here selling sex too. Okay, it's not just a robots thing.
Speaker 1: Technically, do we sell sex a little bit? Because our job is based around sex largely, it's not very sexy. Well, we're not like giving sexual gratification.
Speaker 2: No, so, so I guess. I mean if you if selling sex includes talking about sex or being sexy while trying to sell a product, then everyone is selling sex. It's like Carl's Junior was selling sex with ladies on the of the car eating Burger's Carls.
Speaker 1: There's always selling sex. I gotta say. It's kind of like, so we're not, uh, you know, chefs selling food, but we're sort of like a food blog talking about food, so we're not. I guess we're not selling sex. We're just selling sex adjacent. That's been me my whole life. I was writing sex adjacent.
Speaker 2: I've been sex adjacent. Yeah a long time.
Speaker 1: Well, y'all are probably anxious to get back to your sex that you're all having, so we should take We don't have time. We didn't have time. We didn't even get to the mayor who married the crocodile.
Speaker 2: We sure did not. I promise that story.
Speaker 1: You did. You said that right up front. You said that was one of the first things you said we'd get.
Speaker 2: To that's right, and there's some legislation still to look at and stuff like that. So yeah, we're just gonna have to come back next time with a little more stories, more sex adjacent stories for you.
Speaker 1: Y'all don't have time to listen to two hours of us, and quite frankly, we don't have time to give you two hours and then not at once. We have to, we have to give you the certain number of episodes to get out, and so yes, let us take a long break as opposed to our usual three minute commercial breaks. This one will be like a day or two, and then we'll come back with part two. That's right, of all these current what do you call it copulation? Current copulations? We love alliterations here and ridiculous romance. Oh look at that, hey, ridiculous romance. It's like it's right in the name.
Speaker 2: And we will come back next time with the rest of these amazing current copulations, and you can keep you up to date absolutely what's out there in the world, going on in the world.
Speaker 1: You've got a right to know. That's right to right to know. It's hard to have to give a chance. Yeah, yeah, and keep sending us your stories. Tag us in headlines that make you think.
Speaker 2: Of us, like look, look what it's brought us so far, play so much content. But you can reach out with any of your thoughts, suggestions, ideas, whatever you think about AI consent, if you would ask a robot for its consent, or whatever you think about any of this, We would love to hear from you. Our email is ridict Romance at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right. You can follow us on Instagram. Send me your best cleaning tips so I can start a business and make two million dollars a year cleaning houses. I think that'd be fun. I'm at oh Grade it's Eli.
Speaker 2: Right, and don't send me cleaning because I'm not interested. I'm at Dianamite boom right, and the.
Speaker 1: Show is at ridic Romance, So you can follow us there and we'll and help us clean that up.
Speaker 2: But until next time, we love you.
Speaker 1: Thanks for tuning in, Foye guy, So long, friends, it's time to go.
Speaker 2: Thanks so listening to our show. Tell your friends, nabors, uncles and dance to listen to our show. Ridiculous Well NaNs