Speaker 1: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter, and if you need advice on relationships, on dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to STEVEHARVEFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you. Here it is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Nephew's subject low vibrational loving. Dear Stephen Shirley. I am divorced and I'm dating again. I've gone to counseling to deal with the baggage that was part of the destruction of my marriage. So I consider myself healed and I'm ready to get into a healthy new relationship. But God really does have a sense of humor. I went on three horrible dates when I first got back on the dating scene. I decided to try online dating and I matched up with a guy that looks great on paper, but he has some issues with his finances. I don't mind meeting a man halfway with the bills, but if I got serious with this guy, I'd have to pay our bills and his child support. I can't fold a man for having baggage, but I also don't have to take on a fixer upper. I just don't think that God would put me through that again. Been there, done that with my ex husband. So what's with all the low vibrational loving with this new generation of men. I'm thirty four years old, and it's hard to meet a man in my age range that's successful, that's successful and ready to settle down. I've been on first dates and have had to pay for my meal, and the guys expect me to pursue them. I prefer a strong minded man. He doesn't have to be rich, but he needs to have a plan. I work with a few married men my age and they seem to be on the right path, so I know good black men are out there. Some women are accepting low vibrational loving and the bare minimum from a man, and that makes it hard for women with higher standards. I want to meet a man that is on my level, but if I can't, how do I help guide a man to greatness without belittling him or making him feel inadequate? Okay, that's a lot of work right there, I mean a lot. And it's not your responsibility to like fix a man, that's not your job. But you can encourage him, you can build him up, you can stroke his ego, that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: And it's perfectly fine.
Speaker 1: In having said all of that, for you to want what you want out of a man, that's okay too. It's great that you have higher standards. I mean, and I could tell you're a good woman because you care, You've gone to therapy, you've worked on yourself. You're willing to help your man and elevate him to greatness. All that is wonderful to you. And there are a lot of good men out there. But there also are a lot of use your term, low vibrational loving men and women in the world today. You know that low energy, that sad energy, self esteem energy going.
Speaker 3: Nowhere, just bad energy.
Speaker 1: Okay, But again, there are a lot of good men out there. If that's all you're running into, these kind of low vibrational kind of guys, then you're gonna have to do something different than what you've been doing. You got to change your circle, you know, go different places, try a new type of dating, app et cetera. The kind of man you want would not allow you to pay his child support, let alone dinner and his bills and all of that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just say, don't give up. You said it in your letter.
Speaker 1: There are some good black men out there, so just be patient, Steve.
Speaker 2: Let me just go and get into it.
Speaker 4: You divorce and you're dating again, so you have some baggage, but you consider yourself healed after counseling. But then you say, but God does have a sense of humor. God ain't do this though. See God gives us all the power of choice. It is the choices that we make that put us in the predicaments or situations that we find ourself in. God didn't tell you to call either one of these men. God didn't tell you to pick one of them. You didn't even ask God. You went on the date app and you did what you wanted to do.
Speaker 2: This is you.
Speaker 4: God don't have a sense of humor, but he does want to have a relationship with you where.
Speaker 2: You confide in him about things.
Speaker 4: Now, you got over this divorce, which congratulations, and you went to therapy, so you didn't bring the baggage.
Speaker 2: Congratulations.
Speaker 4: Then after you got yourself here, you quit talking to God because you fixed now. So you ain't ask him to help you find the man. You went out there to find one yourself. The Bible says when a man find that the wife, he finded the good thing. So now while you out there husband hunting, good luck, that ain't what you do.
Speaker 2: That ain't your job finding a husband, Lord have mercy, good luckily.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So you decided to dating app and you matched up with a guy that listened to this, that looks great on paper, but has some issue with his finances.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what paper we talking about?
Speaker 4: He looked good on the dating app paper, but on the credit app.
Speaker 2: We ain't gonna be able to rent this apartment.
Speaker 4: He ain't gonna ever get that car, We ain't gonna have nowhere to live, and we can't drive off nowhere.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see it.
Speaker 4: Why am I sitting here talking to him?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: You say I don't mind meeting the man halfway with the bills? See right there, stop all that. If you're gonna have high expectations, have them.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying you ain't supposed to chip in, because that's what the marriage is. It's chipping in. So I applaud you with your willingness to do that. But you want to meet hum halfway with the bills, But I'd have to pay our bills and his child support. Really that don't sound like fun to me anyway, But if I got serious with this guy, you'd have to pay the bills. I can't fought a man for having baggage. But I also don't have to take a fixer upper.
Speaker 2: No, you don't.
Speaker 4: But when I come back, I will get into this letter with you. And you said, I just don't think God will put me through that again. But see, you didn't ask God about this man, though, digit you picked him on your own.
Speaker 1: Hang on, Steve, we'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. The today's Strawberry letter subject is low vibrational Loving.
Speaker 3: We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 5: Do you ever notice your floor still look dirty even after you mop? Power Mop gives you a deeper clean you can see and feel, unlike stream mops swift for power mop absorbs more dirt and locks it away even and hard to reach places like behind the toilet. The new micro scrubbers delivered thousands of tiny deep cleaning actions for results that look, smell, and feel clean. No more dirty floors. Try the Swift for power mop love it or your money back?
Speaker 1: All right, Come on, Steve, Let's recap today's Strawberry letter.
Speaker 3: The subject low vibrational loving.
Speaker 4: This woman's divorce got on the Dayton scene, went to counseling, got herself fixed up. She says, she's healed no baggage from an ex husband, and so she started Dayton. Met a great guy that looked good on paper, but his finances was raggedy. So the paper she was looking at was the online Dayton app. Who gonna put some incriminating information on a Dayton app? Nobody? Everybody look good on date app? Good little guy, sharp, young, in shape, just like you like it. Yeah, but y'all got some issues with the finances. Now, you don't mind meeting the man halfway? I could applaud you for that, But if I got serious about this guy to have to pay our bills and his child support.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you got to take care of man. So you got to pay our bills.
Speaker 4: You went out husband hunting, and this is what happened when you go husband hunting once again. Like I said before, I know y'all think scriptures is an old fashioned and stuff, but this stuff being around for a long time and it's.
Speaker 2: Still hold true.
Speaker 4: The Bible says when a man finds that the wife, he finds it the good thing. It don't say when a woman go out to find a husband, she can find a good thing. You are not hunters. It is not what you do.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: It's okay to put yourself on these apps.
Speaker 4: It's okay to date, and it's okay to show them that you're available. But if you're out there hunting for one, that ain't what you do. You're uncomfortable hunting. You don't know how to hunt. Most hunters if you go to bass Pro Shop my favorite store in the world, when you go to bass Pro shops, they have a women's section.
Speaker 2: It ain't a big against the men's section, don't.
Speaker 4: Most hunters are men. Some went to women hunt, but most hunters are men. That's some women who are really really great hunters, but the vast majority of men sitting up in them trees, shooting deers and ducks, going bad hunting and wild bowl hunting.
Speaker 2: Mostly men.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here we go now, I don't think God would put me through that again because you don't want to have a fixer up.
Speaker 2: But you picked this guy, not God.
Speaker 4: Remember, you didn't go to God for this. You was going to God to get over your husband. Then after that you got healed, you went out there and start making decisions on your own. So now you want to know why God would send you through this and what's up with all this low vibrational love in this new general. I'm thirty four years older, and it's hard to meet a man in my age range that's successful and ready to settle.
Speaker 2: Down right here. It is hard to find a thirty four year old man that's successful. That's a true statement.
Speaker 4: They are out there, but all the way successful at thirty four. I was nowhere near very successful at thirty four, but I was on my way. I had a plan. You may not want to fix her upper, but most men at this level are just a few decisions away from becoming successful.
Speaker 2: They need a woman. Most men do.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying you can't be successful without a woman, because there's a lot of men in the music business and the pro athletes and sign the contract and you can be successful. Hard to be great without a woman, though most great men in history have had women by their side, it's just hard to be great without a man. I ain't got time to explain it to you.
Speaker 2: Just take my word for it.
Speaker 4: But now anyway, thirty four years old, it is hard to find a man and it's successful and ready to settle down because just like you all have a biological clock that's ticking it around thirty, you want to start having kids and make it all that. We got a financial clock and we don't really get it to ticket until our late twenties and thirties, after we'd have messed up all of our twenties partying, hanging out, running around, trying to figure it out. So, yes, it's hard, but they are out there. What you need to find is a thirty four year old man that's headed somewhere. He might not be there, but he's headed somewhere. Then you want to attach yourself to that wagon. He may not be a fixer upper, but he needs some fixing just like you do.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody needs fixing. Like Marjorie is everything that I'm not. She's that so she helps me be a better version of me because.
Speaker 2: She's for I'm not, and I needed that.
Speaker 4: We're seventeen years in now, see, and that's comes from getting somebody. And when she met me, I was successful. I was broken up pretty bad. They had done a number on me, but she came along and came in there and got in the trenches.
Speaker 2: Whoremen made the work.
Speaker 4: I've been on first dates and had to pay for my meal, and the guys expect me to pursue him. I prefer strong minded man that he don't have to be rich. That's good, but he needs to have a plan. That's exactly what I said to you. Well, now you know that. What is you picking these other men? You see what I'm saying. You can't know this? And then overlook this. Now the dude that needs you to pay his bills and his child support?
Speaker 2: What plan he got?
Speaker 4: He just told it to you. I need you to pay these bills and his child's support. You can't hit yourself to that wagon. I worked with a few married men and my age, and they seem to be on the right path. So I knew good blinking black men out that day are Some women are accepting of low income, vibrational bare minimum from a man, and that makes it hard for women with the higher standards.
Speaker 2: Know it, don't know it?
Speaker 4: Don't You just got to stay away from those types of men. It's easy to find out. I ask some questions anyway. I want to meet a man that's on my level. But if I can't, how do I help guide a man to greatness without belittling him or making him feel inadequate?
Speaker 2: That's an easy question for me to ask. You know how you do that?
Speaker 4: You don't belittle him and you don't make him feel inadequate.
Speaker 2: Tadah, all right.
Speaker 1: Post your comments on today's Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Steve.
Speaker 1: That's Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app. Download it today free. Never sounded so good. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.