Speaker 1: Look Maher, oh, I see you and look over there is that culture. Yes, goodness, Wow, Lost cult Ding Dong Lost Cultusa's calling yet another list.
Speaker 2: I hope you've all enjoyed the journey that we've embarked on collectively as culturistas, reader's keys, publicists, finalists.
Speaker 1: Lost Cultures is a collectivist podcast. We love collectivism. We love to collect all of our listeners and gather them and sort of take you as our own, whether you're a Katie, a finalist, a publicist, or reader, which is not really the order that we say that, and usually it doesn't really matter because you are part of a collectivist experience here at last Culture.
Speaker 2: Matt has made a really cute hand gesture. He said, doesn't it wasn't he did? He did little fingers kind of windshield wiping. Okay, this doesn't really remember that one. Yes, oh my god, Janet, Janet, Well that's a little preview of our next list, even though she's not on that list. On it but that would just wait, it'll all makes sense in about a month.
Speaker 1: Okay. But you know, in many ways she does figure into this list because this is decades top ten decades, and she has been a part of several decades in the world. But yeah, but as a person who has sort of really had an impact on many different decades, wouldn't you say?
Speaker 2: I would say so, And I mean the impact is across many media, film, television, music, damn of course, music, yes, choreography, the rich word, yeah, the written word.
Speaker 1: Has she written books? I think she's written songs, that's true. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's talk about what's important, which is ranking the decades. But when what do you think earns a decade a spot on this list as one of the top ten decades.
Speaker 2: Here are my requirements. Okay, they need to span ten years at least, yes, at least at least for them to make this list. At least three of those years had to be pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: They had to have turned out at least ten pop culture.
Speaker 1: Icons correct correct, correct, correct.
Speaker 2: Correct correct. And I think the last requirement is that there are pictures. Yeah, you can visualize what things looked like. Yeah, I need to close my eyes and be able to picture it. Now, what do you have to say?
Speaker 1: Charisma, unique, missionary, and talent as always. All right, let's get into it. This are the top ten decades as ranked by Lost Culture resas Matt Rogers and Baun Yang acclaimed podcasters, and it just gets bigger and bigger. This is why I'm a here about why we're about to make concisive cultural commentary on the top ten decades. And of course every decade was considered. We sat tirelessly and thought for months about this. Hundreds of decades. Every decade was carefully considered. It just so happened. This is how it shook out. I hope no decade takes offense. But should we start at number ten?
Speaker 2: Let's start at number ten for the list of the top ten decades Lost cult.
Speaker 1: Lost Culture, number ten, the ten tens. This is pretty recent. This was actually fairly recent if you really think about the world, if you think of the world as the clock, this was but a half second ago. Ye, Because of course, this is just to say the impact of this decade is time is actually an ever flowing river. That's actually a line from the Jurassic Park River Adventure. The twenty tens were really Obama.
Speaker 2: That for one, Well, let's not forget Trump too.
Speaker 1: He was also there. See here, I am there, And isn't that so the twenty tens us like, yes, it was good, but also it was bad, you know what I mean? Like, really, the first five six years of the twenty tens were sort of a cultural period of renaissance, and then we sort of descended into hell.
Speaker 2: This at the beginning of this decade was the pop diva is going.
Speaker 1: At it off, off, off, and at it going.
Speaker 2: Off, just dressed up in ridiculous outfits, writing ridiculous songs about self love. I mean, there was an optimism in the air that might have blinded us to the realities of the world.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I mean, I think when Rihanna released her Loud album that only could have been released during the Obama years, I think she could only have felt such pride and such experimentalism during that time, which was a very much one of abandon very much one of possibility. And she said, so I'm going to die my hair fire hydrant red, yes, and say, oh no, no, what's the name?
Speaker 2: Now? You think Loud is her most experimental album.
Speaker 1: I think that it was our most experimental hair color, and that bled into the music red blood red as red as it were.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, well, what else is there to say about the twenty tens.
Speaker 1: I don't know, we covered Obama, Trump and the Loud album, but from Rihanna. So I think that's why the twenty tens are number ten on the list of top ten decades. Number nine.
Speaker 3: Seventies Okay, disco inferno for real, first of all, girl, and I would say flower power for sure, and you know, hippie love crossing over, so it's hippie love was more sixties. But then, of course, you know, one hundred percent what you experienced in the seventies was something a little thing called disco disco.
Speaker 2: Nixon Will is maybe going to be impeached.
Speaker 1: Here you go again saying I'm here saying bout of power love disco, and you're saying Nixon, No.
Speaker 2: I just we have to contextualize the pop culture with the world culture, the political culture.
Speaker 1: You're so right, And that's sort of the tension here in this type of list is because during all these decades, I mean, there were certainly icons, I mean one word Travolta, but there was also the dark side. I mean one word Travolta.
Speaker 2: Travolta. Oh my god, you think Travolta is the perfect vessel for the complexities of this decade.
Speaker 1: Fiva Knight is my response to what you just said, I think that basically there was a huge boom of Travoltaism in the seventies. There was actually a political movement they called Travoltaists were sort of all over the world, and they didn't know what was bubbling under the surface, which was some chaos, some tension, some tug and tug and pull. As a part everything was getting tugged and pulled. Girl, I mean back behind the scenes as Studio fifty four. Huh, you don't get what's happening at Studio fifty four?
Speaker 2: Can I say maybe one of the only decades on this list where retroactively icons were made. When I say the names Kelso, Fez, Jackie, I mean these are seventies icons that were made in the nineties.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say something right now, and I know this is gonna be a rural culture after it lands. Most important Jackie of the twentieth century me Lacunis Melacunas. That's rural culture number five, most important Jackie of the century centry.
Speaker 2: I think that was Oh that Jackie was Mela Curtis. I was thinking Lora Prepon was Donna. I was getting Donna and Jackie mixed stuff.
Speaker 1: So famously, Donna, it wasn't even funny.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, But again, there's a darkness to that seventies show with the Danny Masterson of it all.
Speaker 1: You can't help yourself, Lisa Robin Kelly of it all.
Speaker 2: Let's not forget it. I mean there was darkness a foot.
Speaker 1: Well, anything with success comes a price, and I think that that is the reason why the nineteen seventies are number nine on top ten decades.
Speaker 2: Last culture number eight seventeen seventies.
Speaker 1: Well, look who's arrived on the scene. Her name is America. And no I'm not talking about miss Ferreira, she would come two hundred years later. America was first a country, a nation, and really a statement of the world. We're here.
Speaker 2: There are so many iconic moments from this decade. Oh honey, I mean, honey, when I say the words the British.
Speaker 1: Are coming, who tell me what?
Speaker 2: Let me count the words one, two, three, four, four, words that have resonated through the centuries.
Speaker 1: Revere did that, Paul Revere. I Revere him. And you know, there were so many people that were making big impacts at this time. I mean John Hancock. Whenever you say, put your Hancock on that. You know exactly what it is. It means a big signature. And sure, if you did sign a document as big as him, you might earn the ire of your colleagues and friends. But let's just say that. He famously said he wanted the British to see it all the way across the Atlantic, and baby, we certainly feel it all these years later.
Speaker 2: Here's my theory on John Hancock. This is the place for theories, for theories. He grew up every birthday card that he signed. He kept it short, he kept it small. You know, he was just writing his initials down in the tiniest possible lettering. And I think he knew the impact of the Declaration of Independence, and he said, you know what, I'm gonna make my mark. Enough of the shrinking, enough minimizing myself. I'm gonna really put my mark on this document. And now we're talking about him.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are saying it in quiet voices, but I'm gonna say it with my full test right now. John Hancock signing the Declaration of Independence was his Rihanna loud moment. He said, I will no longer be silent. I am dying my hair, fire fire engine read. I am absolutely saying, hold on, what's the name John Hancock? And I hope that the King can see it from across the Atlantica.
Speaker 2: You think John Hancock said, I will no longer be silent in the words of the new Jazzmine song in the Aladdin Live Action movie, I will.
Speaker 1: Not remain speechless. I will not remain speechless. That's what she said.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what if that song is a nod to John Hancock?
Speaker 1: I think everything is, And that is what The seventeen seventies ranked at number eight on Top Ten Decades Last College number seven twenty twenties. I hear some roaring in the distance. I'm just gonna get out of the way. Early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it ended in austerity and tragedy, people jumping off buildings in the financial district in New York on Wall Street. But wow, oh boy, did we have a nice party leading up to that moment.
Speaker 1: And you know, I think it's so important that we acknowledged that tension and that ultim ultimately this really did not go so great. But the Roaring twenties, Wow, did they roar in the beginning. I mean, the Great Gatsby This was a book that really talked about excess. It really talked about you know, the pros to cons you know, the green light on Daisy's doc. That's definitely something that people wrote essays about cars. That book was about cars and the tragedies that can come out from them.
Speaker 2: Yes, the American dream was having a car driving into the city seeing a Broadway show perhaps, mm hmm, And I would say it's.
Speaker 1: About whoo oh, absolutely, let's prohibit prohibition. First of all, can you talk about the effect of this decade on Real Housewives themed parties?
Speaker 2: Not just real I'm not going to limit it to Real Housewives themed parties. I'm just gonna I'm gonna go ahead and expand it all to and I'm sorry to bring make it about race. It is it is white people's favorite thing to do, a Great Gatsby themed party to do. I think it's a white people's favorite thing to do, you know, speak easy moment. Yeah, But I think I think, I think what transcends race is Chicago. I think Chicago is the thing that is a level. I think Chicago is the more relevant nineteen twenties work in America then the Great Gatsby because everyone loved Chicago, but only real housewives love I mean everyone loved Chicago. Have to throw a themed party after it. Only a certain amount of people, a certain group of people love the Great Gatsby to throw a party. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it made It made perfect sense to me. And I would also say that Chicago being one of the great films of the two thousands, stay tuned, stay but for now we say that all this is why the nineteen twenties rank at number seven on Top ten Decades Lost Cult number six the two thousands. Now, what were you saying about Chicago? Dude?
Speaker 2: Tell this was a movie that came out in two thousand and two, two and three.
Speaker 1: Spiritually it came out in all those years.
Speaker 2: It was two thousand and two. I think it was two thousand and two. Miramax was at its peak. Thank you, Harvey Weinstein, Thank you God, Thank you God. He was the king of the two thousands, wouldn't you say.
Speaker 1: For better or worse? He was. He really started ruled the roost, ruled the roost.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was the one who was beaming images into our little eyeballs. Two people ruled the two thousands, Harvey Weinstein and Lauren els Conrad, who could forget when she burst onto the scene on the Laguna Beach and was the breakout star earning her own show.
Speaker 1: The Hills. At that moment, she became one of the leading players in Hollywood, alongside Harvey Weinstein.
Speaker 2: Now would you say that Lauren Conrad? I think she is so fascinating because how did that happen? She's actually one of the least compelling people in America. I would say, I'm gonna go ahead and say.
Speaker 1: I think we all saw our not very compelling selves in her. And also, this was a time where you have to you have to remember every one wanted to look and be just like everyone else. So here was a girl who was put on TV by stroke of luck. She was wearing her side bang, you know what I mean. She was sort of giving that hollistert look, and everyone said, I can cipher my personality down to her so easily because I know that she is exactly the boring thing that everyone wants, and she actually a smart individual said I'm going to take my basicness and take it to the moon. To this day, she's a trillionaire. She's a trillionaire. Do you remember I mean this is the two thousands. On a personal level, for me, I moved to New York, to the City of New York right as this City with the Whitney Port spun off, and that was a huge success to that show, major success, But to be real, it wasn't. And I think that was because once someone moved to the city, that just became a little bit too much. They were like, oh, the city, this girl's trying too hard. I mean the Hills sort of like she was able to, you know, still be like a lazy La girl.
Speaker 2: Right. If once Whitney moved to the city, I'm sorry, New York swallows you up.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 2: It changed her, It changed her. But I'm saying, like, you disappear because these people don't give a shit about you.
Speaker 1: It's New York City. What an interesting choice to spin off the show with the character who the entire time in the Hills literally only ever said oh my god, seriously, what happened then? But what then?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You did not? What did you say?
Speaker 2: She became the sort of fan favorite because she was totally neutral. I think they didn't give Audrena a chance. Audrena should have led something. You're making a face. I think Audrena was the star.
Speaker 1: Did you know that Audrina, speaking of the two thousands, was in the film Sorority Row. Did you ever see the film Sorority I didn't know that it was a serial killer movie about they all came to a sorority. Yes, yes, yes, yes, I do remember this because those were the days when I was on IMDb every day, just looking up any person I could think of. And I remember going on Audrina Patrich's IMDb and in production in parentheses, I see Sorority Row, What's this and just following it with baited breath. The two thousands were peak IMDb message board culture.
Speaker 2: Can we just can we also.
Speaker 1: Just give a toast to the movies of that era. I love it all.
Speaker 2: Sorority boys, just friends. I'm saying this is American pie too. Uh. Back to the House, Back to the house. These are the movies of the two thousands. I'm not going to say any prestige titles. I'm just going to say the mid to low tier movies that were that were put out in theaters, because wow, do I yearn for that time for movies that are not very good to proliferate the American cinema.
Speaker 1: And that reason is why the two thousands rank at number six on Top ten Decades Lost Culture, number five BC. Now does this count as a decade. I think it does because I think we can all agree that in this world, in this little thing we call life, there was before Christ, and after Christ, he came along and shook it up. Don't say what you want about your religious beliefs quietly to yourself. But you can't. You can't deny. This young girl was a legend. She came along and she made everybody listen, doing her tricks, making her magic, turning water into wine. I said, this is how you do it. This is how you capture a conversation. This was the original LC because people were like, I'm seeing you, and I'm watching I'm watching you.
Speaker 2: Jesus, this is what This is what Jesus did to the girls. This is how Jesus gagged the girls. M hm, he did his thing, passed away. This is what the girls said. Around the world, at least in the Roman Empire. Start the clock again, Reset the.
Speaker 1: Clock, start it over. Can you imagine? Yeah? I can't.
Speaker 2: Who would have to die today in order for all of us to be like worse worse we're restarting the clock were the calendar is back to zero.
Speaker 1: We all know that answer is Beyonce Noles, Beyonce Knowles. But you know what's funny is we've been talking about the impact of Jesus and BC is famously before. So this was the prequel. Okay, let's talk about BC.
Speaker 2: You had the ancient Greeks, the dinosaurs, the dinosaurs, you have the algae, the little things in the water, sharks, sharks, the Assyrians, the Mesopotamian mm hmm, the Chinese, the Japanese.
Speaker 1: Oh and by the way, all these groups getting so messy with each other, like getting all into it with each other. Like there was not a time when there wasn't a war. There was not a time of peace. There was always a time of unrest until BC, and then afterwards there was a time of relative peace before he was sort of offt at thirty three, and then there was unrest again. But there was a beautiful time there in BC where it was just like sort of like all the girls sort of tussling for the top spot.
Speaker 2: Yes, and none of them, no, one really want out.
Speaker 1: No to say war is not the answer.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: And because we finally arrived at that message. That is why the BC is number five on top ten decades Lost coach. Oh, this one gets me excited to even see number four.
Speaker 2: This was a huge decade in culture, in history.
Speaker 1: Should we get a special guest to speak to the eighties? Yes, Mom, come in here.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is so huge. We are about to get an expert on the eighties with us on the podcast.
Speaker 1: I want some tea spilled on the eighties. So take this, put it in your ear on the podcast. Hi, Hi Katrina. So come on now, we're talking about the top ten decades of all time and number four is the nineteen eighties. So could you share with us some things that happened in the eighties? Eighties? What are your favorite memories? What are your favorite memories? Well? I worked in disco text she worked in disco texts. So what the kind of things did you see there? But we'll never forget.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget. Let me say all the fabulous styles, the high shoulder pants, the big belts, the big air.
Speaker 1: Who did your party with in the club that you always talk about? Let's see?
Speaker 4: Well, yes, I can next to Andre the Giant and I and I chased Superman.
Speaker 1: Oh, Christo.
Speaker 4: I was standing there and I was kind of near the men's bathroom and I saw him walking and I walked into the men's bathroom to try to.
Speaker 1: Go and meet him.
Speaker 4: And then I was checking and I turned around.
Speaker 1: Oh my, Patrina, that is amazing. Wow. So the eighties you would say were a crazy, wild time. It was a crazy world. Do you miss that?
Speaker 4: Well, let's say I had a lot of fun. You know, I was a bartender in a nightclub. I was the only girl, and I had all these gorgeous guys.
Speaker 1: Were they gay?
Speaker 4: There was not many gay guys there, but there were some.
Speaker 1: There were some, just like the world, not many, but some not. I had a lot of fun. I bet you did with all those hot guys.
Speaker 4: You know, all the dancing. And I have to tell you, in the eighties we had the nightclubs, but then on special nights, the nightclubs turned into alternative dance clubs, alternative rock, punk rock.
Speaker 1: You loved punk rock.
Speaker 4: I loved it because it was the time where because I didn't really do like the you know, the real disco dancing. But when you went to a punk rock alternative rock nightclub, you could just go out on the dance ploort.
Speaker 1: You could dance by yourself. You can just dance by yourself.
Speaker 4: The way people dressed like I because I worked in the Varmba district and I went down to like the West village and I went into a shop at through at store and I bought myself a big old like code. It was like the military code. And I and I had white pat and leather flat shoes. And you wouldn't dance at went against the grade.
Speaker 1: You kind of went against the green.
Speaker 4: You could do that in the eighties getting queer people there and got alternative night because they were just alternative stuff.
Speaker 1: Fabulous. You have a round of proposed between she did, and that is why the nineteen eighties are number four on top ten decades Lost Coast.
Speaker 2: Thanks she did amazing. That was fab I mean we can't we can't beat that. We cannot add to that up.
Speaker 1: That was the first person to account. That was a witness, primary source. Okay, number three, going seventies. I put this twice.
Speaker 2: Matt put this on twice. I think you meant to say nineteen sixties.
Speaker 1: Nineteen sixties. Maybe that's what I meant to say.
Speaker 2: Number three, number three, I mean the nineteen sixties were This was when America and the world figured out what was beautiful. I'm just gonna say that that's a beautiful sentiment. This was when everyone cared about the way things looked in a way that was not shallow, in a way that was intentional. Indeed, that's that. This was when you had so many new fonts appear, new styles of clothing appeared, new hairdews appeared, new net upper styles. I'm being totally serious here. I think the sixties were a very important time for esthetics.
Speaker 1: Not only that, you wouldn't even have Forrest Gump without the sixties. Girl, you and you hate to stay tuned because the Forest Gump came out of the nineties. Stay tuned. Let's just say Robin Wright, she represented the sixties.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you know what, I was going to say, the seventies gave us retroactive icons. Of course, the sixties gave us retrographtive icons.
Speaker 1: As we two words, Janis Joplin.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, Don draper I was going to say, Don draper.
Speaker 1: Man talk about how mad Man was one of the great series.
Speaker 2: Mad Men was appointment television, maybe one of the last Oh well, you know what, no succession was. Succession was monoculture and was appointment television. So I take that back. Mad Men didn't do anything, did nothing.
Speaker 1: But still, you know, we respect what it tried to do and we respect it. Really trying to capture a time, a time that is actually ranked on this list Top ten decades. Last Coach at number three, the nineteen sixties, number two.
Speaker 2: Fifties, post war el Agonza, one of those.
Speaker 1: Times where mothers were smoking cigarettes in the kitchen. They said, you know what, go ahead, take the bike, kids, go wherever you want. There's no risk of abduction.
Speaker 2: This was when you go leave the door unlocked. We just moved to the suburbs from the city, and we have money, honey, because guess what, America is Number one.
Speaker 1: A time of great flow from America.
Speaker 2: Flow, amazing prosper, amazing prosper.
Speaker 1: At this time, this was a time of very cool cars, very cool offhand parenting like les fair as they say yes to borrow from the French. And then of course, you know the fifties, it was very businessman culture, you know what I mean. They were going into the city with their flat brimmed hats saying how you doing, Mike, Oh, how there, don don Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well talk about the darkness of the decade, talk about the darkness.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, the fifties were actually quite nice. There wasn't there wasn't too much darkness, and that's why it ranks so high.
Speaker 1: That was reported.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 2: You know what, history is written by the victors, and I'm sure the losers of the time would have something else to say.
Speaker 1: I guess what.
Speaker 2: That wasn't us, That wasn't America.
Speaker 1: We don't take responsibility for that. You know what. It's like the seventies, the late seventies, nineteen seventy eight that saw the film Grease released, and that was about the fifties.
Speaker 2: Correct, I'm not sure Ride el High, Ride al High, But was that the fifties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's say that was the fifties. Back to the Future also depicted in nineteen fifty five.
Speaker 2: I mean, this was American ideal, This was American peace. There was event and we are speaking as an American America first to bar Donald Trump, where we're speaking as an America first podcast and this is.
Speaker 1: This is this is this is the time.
Speaker 2: When people are can most universally agree as those were the days.
Speaker 1: You know what I think. I think that you're right. And also, you know what I think is a literal mess that we are taking a really sweet figure in the culture, which was the Milkman, and we're making it about adultery. But that happened. This is the darkness I was talking about that they don't talk.
Speaker 2: About the fifties were I'm just gonna say, I'm going to venture to guests. I don't have the exact dates and years. I think this was when we were all a little scared. We were like, well, we have we have a means to wipe out humanity with the nuclear weapons. That was a time of girl, where are the nukes.
Speaker 1: Hide under the desk? Why don't you? Oh? You know what?
Speaker 2: And I thought there would be no darkness, And here I am ending it on darkness.
Speaker 1: Bet this is one of the darkest things I'll ever say. You can find darkness anywhere anywhere. So true, so true, bestie. Oh, this is why the nineteen AFT's rank at number two on the Top ten decades lost cult number one the ninety nineteen nineties, who.
Speaker 2: Gave us these two icons right here, queen, there is nothing that can compare to this period do you remember.
Speaker 1: When five girls came into the public consciousness? Ginger, posh, baby, scary and sporty.
Speaker 2: I remember when five boys came in from the backstreet, That's for sure.
Speaker 1: Kevin A.
Speaker 2: J Nick Howie how more and more, there's there was the Brian.
Speaker 1: Trump, Brian Trumper Trump or.
Speaker 2: I think half of them are Trumpers. Tracks tracks, Well, the nineties, even the scandals of the nineties, even the darkness of the nineties was pretty pretty, pretty fun, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Well, this was the first decade of pulp, of pulp.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, like, God, bless Monica Lewinsky for surviving what is a traumatic ordeal. But you gotta admit the Lewinsky scandal was like get the popcorn out, Like this is crazy, honey.
Speaker 1: Not only am I chewing down popcorn to Lewinsky scandal, I'm watching OJ fucking drive down the four or five and I am wrapped.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, what is going on today? I go to the damn Multiplex. I'm waiting in line I'm waiting in line four.
Speaker 1: Titanic say it.
Speaker 2: This decade gave us everything, and it was firing on all cylinders, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Would say two words what I said before fours And sure someone will watch it now and they think it's an effie movie. But guess what. You don't understand magical realism. You don't understand nineties culture, maximalism, more is more, stupid is smart? Do you understand nineties? If you don't get it, then get out, get out.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna say some words, some names, even Clinton, you know I was gonna say, Molly, Shannon, Cherio, Terry.
Speaker 1: Yes, now Christ, say the words. This was a time of true peak SNL. Oh, I think you could not deny.
Speaker 2: You can't deny coming off of Sandler Spade, you know, Farley like Norm.
Speaker 1: I mean like this, what this?
Speaker 2: There was a pre and post like Norm SNL and this I'm sorry to wax, you know historic about SNL, but like this, what this was when I started watching?
Speaker 1: And I'm sure for you, oh, the same is so true for me, Mike Myers. Is something you forgotten? Mins? How dare I one of the kings of that decade? Especially this decade gave us Austin? It definitely did, and I would say that Austin powers. If anything has stood the test of time, everyone talks about it still every day. I would say, as millennials that we definitely get a bad wrap from gen Z. I would say that they definitely like think the millennials are the words they make up are things like choogy. But here's what I'll say to the to the gen Z generation, you're obsessed with the nineties. We had it first, bitch. We actually created that ship, we invented. You're obsessed. You basically what you're doing is you're recycling our culture. So nothing that you could ever.
Speaker 2: Do is original because oh low rise, oh oh oh oh oh, grunge, Olivia Rodrigo.
Speaker 1: We created Olivia Rodrigo. It's giving derivative. Let me say some more things.
Speaker 2: Tamagachi, Beanie, Baby, Pokemon three, Dragon Ball Z, Princess Diana, five Power Rangers, Sailor Moon six, seven Power Rangers. No one could ever really pinpoint how important it was to the first ever sexual attention captured on television was between Kimberly the Pink Ranger and Tommy the Green Ranger. Kimberly was he became the White Ranger, famously became the White Ranger. Kimberly was the crush for everybody, all the boys, gay, straight, whatever, and the and the queer girls were loving Kimberly Amy, Joe Williamsburg, Amy, Joe Johnson, William Williams, Girl, I know, I don't blaby.
Speaker 1: Joe Williamsburg's Wait yeah, girl, wait? Do you remember her film? This was a nineties film, Susie Q. Yes, I remember, Susi Q.
Speaker 2: Oh, My thank you is.
Speaker 1: Why the nineties rank as number one on the Top ten Decades Last Culture.
Speaker 2: I think I think we nailed this, and specifically you nailed this because you're the one who said this order even though you included nineteen seventies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know what I meant, and you quickly said it was the sixties, which you were right about. And what I would say is that if you even think that like this this list was worth its salt, just stay tuned for two weeks from now, because my girl that I'm looking at on the zoom screen has perioded a list for the top ten deva moment. It will be our last list of the year. It will be the best list of the year, and you need to gird your loins and really understand that we're about to give it to you, like Christopher Reeve almost gave it to my mother on the age in the men's room at was It Today fifty four. I think that's what she said. It might have been to some other bar, it would be legendary. It was.
Speaker 2: Indeed, if Katrina Clarities would have followed Christopher Reeve into the men's room at Studio fifty four.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, beautiful man. Please And she left that part out, but I know that's true. All right, Well, listen, thank you all for joining us. This has been an amazing list. Stay tuned because before you even know it, because time actually flies so fast. If this, if this episode duration and this topic have to prove anything, time flies so fast before you know that, it'll be a new decade. So keep enjoying this one and keep your eyes feeled for a new episode very soon. Bye Hu