Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news. Here to briefast this morning with a new Pittsburgh Pirates cap is Dan Ives for those of you on radio, You're lucky.
Speaker 2: What's the p on your hat?
Speaker 3: It's Arnold Palmer hat from Arna Palmer torn him big, big Arma Palmer fan.
Speaker 1: Let's get this out of the way. You signed as a chairman of a crypto thing this week. Explain what the game is you're doing there?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So you know we announce that I'm gonna be chairman of ECO and AKO. You know is you know when you think about Sam Altman in the build out of World, what Dave essentially done is it's really gonna be the infrastructure authentication for AI in the future. And you know, I was a huge believer in this. You know, I'm not taking this on just for any crypto.
Speaker 1: Is that equity in this a bias? Is a rasearch channelist? This is a sidecard deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is This is a total separate initiative, uh, you know, total separate from my web bush. But but Tom factors really into my view of the AI revolution. I'm doing this because I think this is gonna be the factor standard for really you're going.
Speaker 2: To take a minority interest in perplexity.
Speaker 3: If they called you, we need as long as it comes through Keen.
Speaker 4: Earlier this week was a corrugated packaging company.
Speaker 3: It basically is a treasury vehicle for world Coin in terms of what we've done, and that's why I think, you know, receptions obviously been great. You know we raised capital and cuz that this morning, Okay, it was super exciting to just put another you want to.
Speaker 4: Talk, which is a workin It's a means of authentication. You have your iris scan to know that you're the person that you say you are.
Speaker 2: Glad you know, Well, okay, that's enough the orb for community. Next time, What did mag five learned from the Oracle pop last night?
Speaker 3: This AI party, it's ten pm going to four am. I mean, the point is the infrastructure was that's gonna be a historic quarter when you look at orcle and it shows the type of cap backs we're seeing and the use cases are exploding. We've talked about so much here.
Speaker 2: In the Change My Life. I mean, as simple as that look.
Speaker 3: And the reality is anyone that thinks hype not real, right, that oracle number is a validation. That's a drop the mic from Saffra and Ellison. That shows to me, Okay, what's gonna happen? The rest attack and it's abrahma.
Speaker 1: Did we have a drop the moment with mister Cook yesterday? I tuned in for twelve seconds. It's so manipulated. I can't watch it. You and had Ludlow saw it. Were your thumbs up, like Gene Munster.
Speaker 3: Look, it's a thumbs up relative to I think expectations. Our view here is that the elf in the room continues to be as we talk about AI. But I do believe with the DOJ Google situation, now you know in the rearview mirror they will down. Then that's going to be ultimately their AI partnership. But in terms of the actual iPhone, look, three hundred million plus have an upgrade four plus years. The point is this is going to be includes John Tucker, including Talker. So if you think about on a scale one to ten from an upgrade cycle supercycle being a ten, it's probably gonna be about an eight point five. But what I tell you is the street right now numbers are conservative New York City cab driver or uber is still barish on Apple, and I think that to me sets it up well as well as you add AI and they actually make a big move there. You tell about another you know, one hundred dollars per share to the stock.
Speaker 4: What does Apple have to do when it comes to AI? So I look at Meta for instance, and they pay a lot of money. They're hiring a lot of big name people. And I think if you look at the history of Apple that had a bad luck of bringing in outside talent, particularly the executive level, to mix things up and to change things around. Are they able to do that? What do they have to do to kind of re establish themselves here at the vanguard of AI.
Speaker 3: There's a better chance of me playing in Beth paid Ryder Cup in September. Then then then AI innovation happening from Apple, and I think that's the issue that they got to go outside.
Speaker 4: It has to be good to make that work.
Speaker 1: Dan I's with Red Bush with us this morning, David Gerrin, Tim Can Good Morning across the Nation and the way you listen to us on radio Good Morning ninety to nine FM in Boston, on YouTube and your home at your office floored by the sign up Thank you so much, Bloomberg Podcast, go out to YouTube and subscribe it Bloomberg Podcasts. Thank you for your attention to our new dan Ives like digital. Maybe I should start wearing bright pink.
Speaker 2: What do you think, David, I could see that. Why don't you continue with.
Speaker 3: Mister, I've talked about the pink bowtie for I know what.
Speaker 4: The hoodie beneath the jacket would be a good look for you.
Speaker 3: I think I thought dan Ives clothing we could add potentially a bow tie and it would be called a.
Speaker 2: Everything is like two X, you know, it's like for little people. What's the name of the company.
Speaker 3: It's snow milk.
Speaker 2: My carse snow milk. They got to make like adult sizes like we have six.
Speaker 3: I think we go down the route with a keen bow tie. I have been I'm actually average a very.
Speaker 2: Good David jump in.
Speaker 4: Can I go back to Oracle? I diverted over to to appled love to go back to Oracle? What should we make How quickly they were able to make this, this pivot, What does it say about sort of the future direction of Oracle moving into cloud computing as rapidly as it did, as successfully as it did. Certainly, when you look at the numbers.
Speaker 3: Guess who's watching quot so you see what they did. It's Bennioff, it's Adobee, it's software where right now they're not the cool kids table. I mean what Oracle has been able to do because of the stack, right it's it's been transformational. And I think that more is where we're seeing. Everyone wants that. That two to three trillion of cat backs, everyone wants it.
Speaker 1: Doug Cass emails in Okay, he's beside himself about the Yankees defense.
Speaker 2: They're averaging like three years a game.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's sad. Aaron Judge should be at first base, Dan ives. Doug Cass has a question for you, the backlog dynamic versus the accounting on the statements.
Speaker 2: Is this an accounting issue to.
Speaker 1: Come not only for Oracle but for other mag seven and that there's so much future business that needs to adjust in the accounting statement.
Speaker 2: Is that a risk?
Speaker 3: And I hope Doug's doing well. It's a good question. I think there's definitely some normalization that's going to have to happen there over the coming quarters. So you got to normalize it, you know, from a backlock perspective in terms of arr look, I think the reality is is that over the coming quarters. That's where like look for Oracle, if you got if you're the amount of stock that could go to three fifty four hundred. You got to continue to show this because you as the normalization starts to happen, the comps ultimately start take place. You need to continue to see that growth.
Speaker 2: You mentioned Google and Gemini. What are they waiting for?
Speaker 3: They were waiting they were waiting for DOJ mean that? And now the candlelight dinner could happen between the soon Dar and Cook And I believe that is Look because I truly and we've talked about if did doo J went negative toward an Apple Google, then they have no choice called proplexity on the red phone and they have to do that deal. But now I think they double down the job they're waiting for.
Speaker 2: Is it literally like just Egos, they have to wait a little bit of time.
Speaker 3: I think you wait a little time. Look, and we also know like in Cooper Tino, there is a part of it that runs like a motor vehicle in New Jersey, and that's been some of the issue in terms of some of the bureaucracy that they're trying to get rid of in terms of the red tape.
Speaker 4: Going back to the Oracle numbers, So say Sundor is tuning in to watch Romain and number yesterday, care or Andy stealing it up in that Seattle? What do they make of those Oracle numbers? How much are they worried about the progress of the Oracles made here?
Speaker 3: And how did they I think they actually love seeing those numbers because they view it. And that's why I like what you see with Google's jesz B. It's it's a barometer that shows where that's coming. That's why Nadella, he's sitting there with the Mimosa right now watching those numbers.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you want to mention Oracles put their support by in Bloomberg surveillance. We thank Oracle for their support each and every day. What's your single best buy?
Speaker 3: I mean, to me, single best buy here continues to be Microsoft just because of my view of because of where the hyperscalers are. It's in their backyard. Stock actually sold off a little postcord and I think that's one they will ultimately join in video what's eventually.
Speaker 2: Gonna be there? Twent this year and you say way more.
Speaker 3: Just to we've talked about it's just to begin. We are in the second inning of the Ai Revolution, going ninth and we've talked about the party start at nine pm, is now ten pm goes to four am on the dance for is Nedella Jensen, Pound Teer Carp and others.
Speaker 1: People think guy says a romantic life. Let's make it clear. You just got off the romantic red eye.
Speaker 3: I just got off the romainer Carol and Tim. Right, Yeah, I was there rocking today and actually I went. I went from Australia to Huntington Beach to now here with you guys.
Speaker 4: Appreciate that lay flat beds as you were talking about yesterday.
Speaker 2: But he's a little guy. It's like it's a little guy. No, No, the lafe flat bed works. There's no light flat bed for me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the problem is that's why you're the one that does like the special cabin in emerates so the player, but the keen cabin and the whole king shower in this.
Speaker 2: Disclosure law premiere in France. But it's great.
Speaker 3: It's like a huge cabin, of course, but you set a higher standard.
Speaker 2: It does. I don't know, I don't know. Some tennis player was sitting next to me.
Speaker 3: It's actually it's actually Keyn's where we all pay rent.
Speaker 1: Dan, thank you for explaining whatever your new business transaction is. I still don't get.
Speaker 3: ORBS coming to you soon, and I'll bring it next time. Okay, that's really small. We'll bring the orban next time. Will get skinned?
Speaker 4: John skeptical keep those eyes closed.
Speaker 3: Uh, we're bringing in for him too, Dan, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I gotta sell the show. Dan Hight's Wedbush Securities