Speaker 1: Blake. You got your car. I saw that you. Oh I got it.
Speaker 2: It's not the car and you got it at the price you wanted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, even all right. I was like, I don't need what is that forester out back cross track sport?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: It just has a better engine in it, Like where instead of being like a turtle, it's a normal car.
Speaker 1: A super rooms are fine, fine, audimobile finely fine. It's safe. It is where you're gonna go next. Where you gonna take your NPR tote bag to next? Yeah, where you're gonna take your fucking Golden Retriever on a hike, your golden doodle in your super room.
Speaker 2: No, it's a mutt. I rescued it.
Speaker 3: It's not you.
Speaker 1: You can't put pure bread or did.
Speaker 3: He rescue you and you put on the back of your super room.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes, well that is the our bumper sticker, one of the seven.
Speaker 1: Rescuer the rescue Papa with like the pop branded stick around.
Speaker 3: I need to climb Mount Washington so I can get that stupid bumper sticker on there. Wait is that a thing? Yeah, it's like if you like, there's so many where it's like this car climbed Mount Washington and.
Speaker 2: God, yeah, really, yeah, it's where's the Mount Washington?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was gonna make some sort of stupid other country joke, but I believe it's in the state of Washington.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: A cursory Google search would render this answer New Hampshire. Man, he left it, fucking coward. No, No, I can't time to screen. You don't off the screen when you take an l like that, Blake. When I get out of set, I need to take breaks. And that's what I was doing right there. Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three hundred and forty six, Episode five. I'm I'm down to ice production of My Heart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. It's Friday, July twelfth, twenty twenty four. Miles, this is not hard what you guys do, It's very easy. I don't know just even stand.
Speaker 1: Is this all right? Anyway?
Speaker 3: So my name is Miles Gray. I'm to be joined by We're not supposed to read. Okay, let we'll keep We'll keep that. But what is July twelfth, National French Friday?
Speaker 1: Oh? I fuck with that?
Speaker 2: Each your jello? No, I don't see that in here. Well, that's because some things I got to keep from you because you'll steal all my lines, like going to that community theater.
Speaker 1: Remember that bit from I think you should leave because he's taking my lines. Anyway. It's Collector Car Appreciation Day, Paperback.
Speaker 2: Dayja Bronie Nation will become Pie Dajah Broni and National Different Colored Eyes Daja Bronny. It's July twelfth, like we said, and I'm Miles Gray Aka.
Speaker 4: Okay again, Jack's not hearing anymore. Okay again, my boy might never be back again. Okay again when it is vacation. So okay, forgot baby, every time he's gone, every time.
Speaker 1: You here, You're good bye all right anyway. Shout out to Steaming Chuck on the discord. Thank you for you did a whole I keep forgetting Michael McDonald's Michael McDonald aka for me anything. I'm telling you. I'm fuck so heavy with Michael McDonald. Someone give me a upe.
Speaker 4: You man, love to me slowly a stranger.
Speaker 1: That's all I want to sing all day.
Speaker 3: You're influential Irish artist than Bono, I would argue, Michael McDonald, Yes, and I don't think it's close.
Speaker 1: Is he Irish? Do you think? I don't know. Is that a rule? Is that a hard and fast rule? I don't know. I don't know. I don't know if you're name law in Irish or something. Couldn't you be Scottish too? You could? I thought that was like a thing, like they're like the Scots are like, we're McMahon, we're McDonough 're McDonald.
Speaker 3: Mcdowly, and I'm the co host Blake Wexler aka right. Nobody wants to work anymore. He just sits on their phones all day. That is a belief that I hold.
Speaker 1: That's not even an AKA.
Speaker 3: Yes it is okay, sorry known as you know.
Speaker 2: Like I said a lot, there was one someone wrote a Christina Aguilera AKA for you that brought tears to so I know when you're back if depending on we'll see how this tryout goes today. If this goes well, you'll be back and you'll do your Linda Perry written beautiful inspired aka well, Blake, enough of the enough of the professionalism and thanks Ry comedy, lack of fun on this show.
Speaker 3: Let's get in here fucking wacky for a seconds, going nuts.
Speaker 1: We got a we gotta.
Speaker 2: Welcome our guest today, a very wonderful man who came onto this zoom call. Was such pure energy that my blood pressure went down in a way that I like was almost dangerous, Yeah, but it was had a calming essence to it. Then we find out dear friends of our favorites, Kayln Dorante and Jamie Loftus also you know, started off in the Boston area getting into comedy. This man is a comedian, a writer, a post He has a new audio book out now on ever Rant called Let's Hang Out. He's also the host of how to Be a Better Human, amongst many other things. But he said I should prioritize the audio book, and I'm a good listener, so I did that. Please welcome to our guest, Saint mister Chris Duffer.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. Alt. I gotta say, if this is you with low blood pressure, I cannot believe you are able to survive with the high blood pressure you have normally. It look you know, you're up your down. You're up your down, is what I tell my doctor. And this is you, as relaxed as it gains. I love it. I love to know this is you. We I'm veering it to sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm an only child, you know, I need I need people to look my way, or else I don't exist. So that's why I just naturally fell into podcasting.
Speaker 1: Why do you think all of us do comedy for the same reason. Yeah, it was prescribed to me. Actually, yeah, yeah, right, could you imagine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good opener at an open mic.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm up here because my doctor prescribed stand up for me.
Speaker 1: My cardiology this or yet another staaten and yeah, my body can't handle the statins anymore, the statins. Chris Man, thank you so much for joining us. It's your first time being on the show. Always like having new people stepping into the zeitgeist. Neighborhood. Are you I know you're in LA. You started in Boston. Are you from Boston? No, I'm from New York originally from New York to that, but take New York City, New York City, the Big Apple. Yeah damn. And now I moved here to the large lemon. He I am a lot of large lemon. They do call it that. That's what they say that. They told me. You sound like you're from here when you call it hold on, say that again. Pally, what large lemon? The this guy knows. Yeah, why don't you have one of our famous tacos? That's how do you How long you've been in LA Now, I've been here for a little bit more than five years. Yeah. Oh so, like just before the pandemic came, I had like a good six months of making friends and then it was like, those are the only people you'll ever know for the rest of your life. I hope you did well. They're like some of them are kind of bad, but I got to go. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: La wasn't a bad place to get locked down in though, because you could still hike, you know, there was still I can't imagine people who are locked down in your in your hometown of the city of New York, the Big Apple. We're just living in those small rooms.
Speaker 1: And in the winter too. Yeah, yeah, it was really I mean Rodre was colder, but yeah, for sure. Yeah. My parents live in like a time still living the apartment I grew up in, which is like a tiny apartment with a murphy bed, and it was like, truly not where you wanted to spend twenty four hours a day, twenty four seven. That's not where you want it to be Yeah, you're like, let's look out the window. Oh a brick wall, right, all right? Close that degerative curtain. Reminded why we don't open it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, Chris Murphy Bed another great Irish artist, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yes, honestly, And he backs up Michael McDonald that many of his live shows. Wait, he does.
Speaker 2: Who's Murphy Bed inventor? Now I gotta look that up.
Speaker 1: It would be incredible if it was not someone named Murphy, That's what I say, Yeah, form diorg Joseph Bed. Fortunately it's it's a guy named William Lawrence Murphy Bill Larry Murphy. I came up with it around nineteen hundred in San Francisco. Okay, well I mean yeah, I mean the ship is everywhere. That is like one of the things where you feel like, man, who fucks with the Murphy Bed? But anytime you're in like a smaller space, like it's actually vital.
Speaker 3: To be able to got to have one. Yeah, yeah, I will say.
Speaker 1: No has ever said, wow, I got the best night's sleep of my life on this one Murphy bed. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The thing that came out of the wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when we folded down like an ironing board, Yeah, that's really comfortable.
Speaker 2: Just the sound of it is so welcoming. You're like, oh, yeah, are the springs breaking as you pull it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The more common feeling when you when you wake up in Murphy bed is I'm really relieved that thing didn't spring into the wall again and kill me in the night. Is that possible or is that just in cartoons? I think it's just in cartoons, based on the experience at my parents' house, it's it's in cartoons.
Speaker 2: You were okay, for the record, you were not smashed a bit. You can't see this if you're listening, but I am extremely flat. I am flat at the panet. You do the thing where you put your thumb in your mouth, and God, are incredible dimples.
Speaker 1: Those are nice. Thank you so much. Well, Chris, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better.
Speaker 2: But first we're gonna let people know what we are going to be talking about news wise, because there's a lot happening.
Speaker 1: A game.
Speaker 2: A furry Hacker collective absolutely poned the Heritage Foundation, the right wing think tank behind Project twenty twenty five, So we'll get into that story and the very interesting response from the Heritage Foundation Unfortunately, there's more drama on the Democratic Party. It turns out now the Biden camp suspects that Barack Obama is the real haater in chief and is the one trying to push Joe Biden out. Oh my god, can we just get a fucking break for one second now? And then a story that's just straight out absurd and bad. The AMO vending machines are here for us to use for people who have firearms that want to buy loose bullets while you buy a gatorade. So we'll get into that development, the technology that's absolutely probably gonna keep us all safe, and.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about so much more. But first, Chris Stuffer, Can I call you Christopher? Absolutely? That's the full name.
Speaker 3: Can I call you Chris?
Speaker 1: Yes, I go by Chris. May call you Peter, call me whatever you want. What's your middle name? Do you do you mean you're revealing that?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 1: Edit that out because I was about to say my social Security number and my mother's made a name of password. Beleeve it or back and we're back, and thanks so much. Ignore your emails. Set of numbers. It's a beautiful set. I just got to say. I think three, one, four, six, eight, two two seven nine is a great social security number for you. I am also impressed that right off the top of the dome you could remember how many numbers were in a social security number. Well, I just said back your actual social Security numbers, and that's true. I was trying to make it seem like it wasn't real. Well, I think, don't you have been.
Speaker 2: I mean for anybody who's like clocked in at a job or your social Security was your login?
Speaker 1: Like did anyone doesn't have this experience like when you clocked in like oh yeah, yeah, yeah, when you clocking like the work computer where.
Speaker 3: You put it like that, Well that was work anymore now, But when people used to work, when.
Speaker 2: People used to work and weren't on their phones, yes, screaming it you skating a QR code.
Speaker 1: I remember.
Speaker 2: Just the rhythm of it has always put the while security.
Speaker 1: Rhythm in my mind, like yeah, it's pretty good. Look, you know, I'm teaching con Man improv classes for anyone who's interested over at i Olympics.
Speaker 3: They're so expensive, yeah, so much money.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, it's more people coming to the drug.
Speaker 2: How much you got and weather's from arrested development thing, Well, well that's exactly how much these clauses cast.
Speaker 1: It's fascinating on It's incredible how that is so close to how actual improv classes just work normally.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, they they find the like absolute amount.
Speaker 1: That's like, well, they're gonna be eating taco bell sauce packets for meals. But the promise of maybe having a bit part on parks and rec we'll get their Have you ever heard of broad City?
Speaker 2: They met here here here do you know that guy?
Speaker 1: Do you know human giant?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Also here look at the wall. Folks.
Speaker 2: You could be any one of these people. You probably won't, but that's the fish we're gonna that's the thing, that's.
Speaker 1: The character we need, the tiger people. That's FDR Well what do you mean? Yeah, yeah, I was bringing it dude. The new debject work was incredible. You didn't even need the wheelchair. The new Deal? What is the deal? The new deal? What's the deal? What's the new deal? Somehow taking the show to new depths. Chris Duffie, I appreciate what you have done energetically because Blake and I it's already quit chaotic enough, but to have a consummate guess and er oh my goodness rock. Well, first you got to ask you, Chris Duffy, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are? Well, you know, I'll tell you that the most recent thing in my Google search history is how to see Google Search history. Because I knew I was preparing for this show, I like a prepared guest. But then, you know, I found a lot of stuff that I had forgotten in my Google search history that I've forgotten why, And I think it says a lot, even to me about who I am. Like one of the things I found was hot dog buns controversy because I was going to a cookout and I remembered that some hot dog bun I could bring would indicate that I supported the far right. But I couldn't remember how or why. Wait, but there's a far right hot which hot dog? What was the fun?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: It turns out that Martin's potato rolls they're donating heavily to far right causes.
Speaker 3: Those things are way too fuck too sweet. They're too sweet, aren't they? They're basically like French roles. For me, this is how I.
Speaker 1: Live in twenty twenty four America is whenever I do anything I first have to google is this bad and evil accidentally funding faster something? Yeah, and look you've done your due diligence. Oh, that was googling what is the treasure in National Treasure? And you know what, it's not the it's not the Declaration of Independence, which is what I have remembered it as. No, No, that's the map to the treasure, which is kind of like undisclosed. Oh yeah, it was just.
Speaker 3: I could never keep up with the side of that movie. I always found it confusing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Literally, the answer that I got to after like half an hour of googling was treasure. It is some sort of treasure. Treasure, Wow, treasure? Was there ever? Like that's Nicholas Cage right, Yeah? Was there ever? Like, weren't there like theories that like there was like a crossover between like the microfilm and the Rock and National Treasure, like.
Speaker 2: That there was a connection there or that was like a weird fan theory.
Speaker 1: I think there's some big like fan theory conspiracy theories that a lot of other movies take place in the National Treasure extended universe, like many many other movies exist in a world where the Declaration of Independence and Constitution have been stolen right right. Oh.
Speaker 2: Someone also pointed out that in The Rock and National Treasure Book of Secrets, the same man gets his vehicles stolen while retrieving it from a valet during.
Speaker 1: The start of a chasing. The guys like my I'm by the same. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Humby guy from the Rock also got his range over straight up fucking just came off his range over in Book of Secrets.
Speaker 1: I would absolutely watch a short film that's just that man going to the car dealership and being like it happened again. Yeah, I'm back. You won't believe.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry. You're gambling again, aren't you?
Speaker 1: Rick, No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I wish I was gambling. No, because that I got taken again.
Speaker 1: One of the few men who escaped Alcatraz. He just got a haircut and he somehow got to the lobby. I was dropping off my Humby and he took it for a fucking joy ride in San Francisco and destroyed it.
Speaker 2: He learned to drive and stole my car. Chris, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Underrated? You know, I'm gonna say. Underrated is confidently admitting that you don't know, something like saying I have no clue what you're talking about. I've never seen that movie? What does al Dente mean? I love when someone comes up and says like, I know I'm supposed to know this, but I have no clue. I'm not good at this at all. But I really admire when a person says like I never seen that. I eventually I'm unable to do this, but I admire it in other people. Yeah, it gets weird when people are just completely unwilling to acknowledge they don't know something. It's one thing like I get most people to their urge is just to kind of clam up and be quiet and be like, well, I'm not even going to speak on it because I'm going to do the thing like in college when I didn't understand anything or school and I was like, maybe someone else will ask the question I'm waiting to have to ask because I don't want to be that person. But yeah, when you see people who'll be like, no, that's actually not right, and you're like, you have no idea what you're talking about right now? This is all that.
Speaker 3: Lauren's a terrible move too, of just like oh, oh dente. I love Italian food, and actually I really like pizza, so they keep trying to get further away from them so they can still fucking talk, you know, not be wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I do this all the time. Like I would say, ninety percent of the time. If you say ask me if I've seen a movie, I'm just gonna be like, of course, and then I would just hope that you fill in the blanks. And it really is. It's a disaster. That's why I respect when people do it the other way round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you in a relationship?
Speaker 1: I am. I'm married, And did you ever do that?
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Daily Site radio in the Apple Store and all the Spotify podcasts.
Speaker 1: This is one app, dude, it's an app. M Yeah, I'm not going.
Speaker 3: To keep explaining you need to send me the updated script because I don't know what I'm reading right now to be completed.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't want to out you. You don't know how to read either.
Speaker 3: Well, this is one of the things that we're here. You're right, I don't know how to read. See, I'm on the same page with Chris. I can admit when I can't do something, and there's beautiful reading like that guard from Marquette who.
Speaker 1: Was in the draft. Who they're like to do that.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure that guy can't. I don't know how that happened.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to do a segue to the NBA Draft, but there was a story about a guy who went to Marquette and they were suspecting that he was he wasn't unable to read, which is fucking indictment on every every from the teachers that failed him, to the to the Big East to the state of Wisconsin. I also feel like this is one of the few conspiracy theories, not about this person specifically, but anytime there's that conspiracy theory, I'm like, if they respond immediately, then it's wrong. And if they don't respond to me, it means they couldn't read the accusation. I believe it. Yeah, like yeah, right, same premise of like this kind of like the Homish jokes. Did you see that clip of someone posted on Twitter They're like, uh, like, I'm here in Indiana and some Amish guys pulled up to a basketball court and like the city and just started playing and were like balling out, and then someone tweeted underneath it's like if one of them hits a step back, they got TV, like, that's so funny. Just so you know, just so you know, overrated, Chris, what's some any thing is overrated? Christopher? I feel like this is. I know this is a controversial one because people come in with uh, you know, all sorts of overrated takes that are that are very uh pop culture, but mine is a general one. I think coffee is overrated. Coffee as a whole thing. People are lining up and waiting for coffee at coffee shops. They're they're making content about a cup of bean water. I don't understand it. Coffee is is exactly what it should be, but it has it has risen up to the level of overrated. I feel like coffee is overrated. Are you. I'm guessing, just from your personality type, you may not need the aid of caffeine one hundred percent correct, And that is that's the gentlest way of saying, sir, you need to calm down.
Speaker 2: No, not even because I'm the same way, like I'm caffeine insensitive and people like, would you drink a bunch of coffee?
Speaker 1: I'm like, dude, don't even fuck this shit, don't even bang unless I drink like like the most pure cold brew then I start getting up a little bit or Vietnamese coffee. Yeah yeah, I'm the opposite where I like the taste, but when I drink it, my like hands start shaking because it's like, we do not need this.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, yeah we're redlining. Yeah that's interesting. I love so I love coffee, but to your point, I hate the culture around it, if that makes sense, where it's more of an addiction and a treat for me. And also I guess a boost more than like I don't need to have a way these beans roasted or like if it tastes good, it tastes good.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense? Like I don't get A friend of.
Speaker 2: Mine started weighing the water, you know, because like to make like a perfect pour over it's like an amount of grams of water and all.
Speaker 1: This and and I get it.
Speaker 2: Yo, if that's for you, I'm glad you have the energy, because I have the energy to do all kinds of weird shit, you know, like with weed and stuff.
Speaker 1: They'd be like, why are you doing it? Because you've got to get the texture right of the blunt or else is not fucking good. Let me do my thing.
Speaker 2: But again, each people, everyone has their own thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, just a simple cup is fine translated in general by the Sheryl Crow. You know, if it makes you happy, it can't be that bad. But I'm like, this is I think we've gone a little far on this one. I think we've gone a little far. Is waiting mine making you happy? Like I fell into this where my wife got me an espresso machine, I think for Christmas?
Speaker 2: But you also have a wife I do, and we'll be a bit.
Speaker 1: Listen to this podcast wherever you find your podcast. iHeartMedia and on all your Spotify podcasts apps.
Speaker 3: I just tried to high five Chris from across the country and know you're like, I I got this this espresso machine, and I like the espresso. But then I started reading going into the espresso reddits and then convincing myself that I wasn't good enough for the way I was making expressed, So like I just.
Speaker 2: Express team whatever you want to call that ship.
Speaker 1: Wait, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: How did you get bummed out from? Like what to walk me through? What were they what was being said that You're.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, I'm not good enough for this, because they were all like, oh I measure the bean like to what we were just talking about measure the water, the beans, I do it like like the the grounds, isn't.
Speaker 1: It like that? Atmospheres too, Like the pressure is also a huge thing with espresso.
Speaker 3: That's a big thing. And I'm like, oh, no, mine, I'm never gonna fit into this community and I need to buy all this ship and uh and then I'm like, no, I like it. Like to Chris's point, you don't have to live the whole life. You can just have something you enjoyed privately.
Speaker 1: You're like, that is, babe, which espresso machine do we have? It's a Currie, It's a cure.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so none of this stuff applies here.
Speaker 1: What's incredible about uh about humans there is we're like so desperate to fit in that You're even like, I can't fit into the online espresso community.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah something I did it though existed Yeah until thirty seconds ago.
Speaker 2: Just punting the espresso machine to the curb and shit, fuck boo.
Speaker 3: I need to make more money.
Speaker 1: That's better things. Yeah. I do think that if you spend more than one hour on an online espresso community, there should be a pop up this that's you need to make more money. Get back to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, uh ah, your income is not high enough for this to actually make sense to you. Uh because like you see, there was someone I went to some like there's some agency and like one of these talent agencies, and like people talk about like oh man.
Speaker 1: Like they got like one of those insane espresso machines from fucking Italy, and like you go and it really is like it's like the size of like a baby Grand piano and like like there's like painted like a fucking Ferrari engine and you're like how much.
Speaker 2: Like it's like it's thirty thousand dollars something.
Speaker 1: Bro, Just give me a fucking vitamin water and I'll keep this shit moving. Yeah, please, it's all status, You're right, Yeah, well, I mean it's not that I mean, like for because obviously Italians take their shit seriously, but it's just like some things are so outside of my grasp or my experience or my interests that like when I look at it, I'm like, god, cool man, Like I honestly it's wasted on me because I wouldn't fucking know it came out of like a thirty thousand dollars or however many tens of thousand dollars machine. Well there's also like someone there who's the unpaid summer intern, who's like, all that I've actually learned on this job is how to use the thirty thousand dollars express. And if you actually had just not bought this, you could have paid me for my labor this summer. That would have been really nice. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: At least, like I could have done Starbucks runs and got points in my app for it, but I could have netted out for something at the end. Anyway, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back and we'll get into the news, and we're back.
Speaker 2: And the Heritage Foundation, the right wing think tank behind Project twenty twenty five, was recently the target of the hacker group sieged SEC. They are a self proclaimed group of gay furry hactavists who go after specifically anti LGBTQ plus groups. So Project twenty twenty five we've talked about it before, but it's getting a lot of attention now in the mainstream news, especially since Trump was trying to pull a.
Speaker 1: Mariah Carey being like, oh, I don't know her nothing about it at.
Speaker 2: All, come to find out, or just a cursory glance, you'll see that at least one hundred and forty people that worked in his first administration have a hand in it now. Basically, just a quick summary is like it's a roadmap for Trump's next administration and what he would do sort of in the first one hundred and eighty days. And it's filled with batshit policies like eliminating environmental protections, banning pornography, banning birth control, purging government employees so they can be replaced with flunkys, just all kinds. I mean, it touches literally everything from immigration to diversity initiatives, to like who's protected and who isn't, what civil rights are or are not. And it's like a huge thing, which is why Trump has been like, oh god, that thing that's posted very publicly on the Internet that is proclaiming this is what's going to happen from the people who I took two thirds of their suggestions in my first administration.
Speaker 1: So it's also.
Speaker 2: Crammed with a mind blowing amount of like homophobic, transphobic nonsense, which put the Heritage Foundation in the crosshairs.
Speaker 1: Of sieged sec. The forward of the project twenty twenty five documents specifically calls out the trans community by vowing an end to the so called quote toxic normalization of transgenderism and the omnipresent propagation of transgender ideology. So the hackers do what they do, and did what they did and recently announced that they have over two hundred gigabytes of files from the organization, which like they just got pumed. They're like, we have all of your.
Speaker 2: Everything, which has information IP addresses, all kinds of shit of every user in their database. So a bit of sunlight as a way to sanitize things now. An executive from the group made his anger about the hack very public when he messaged a member of the group named Viio This is from a write up I think from Rolling Stone. After declining an offer to talk with this guy's named Mike Howell, who works for the Heritage Foundation on the phone, Bio said seat Sex simply wanted to quote shine a light on who supports the Heritage Foundation and didn't want money or faith. Howell responded by asking, what, that's why you hacked us just for that? He then said the organization was in quote the process of identifying and outing members of your group reputations and lives will be destroyed.
Speaker 1: Closeted furries will be presented to the world for the degenerate perverts they are, is what the message is said. It continued with more threats and insults and aren't even worth mentioning. Io responded eloquently by just saying, well, that was unprofessional, and said that he would share the conversation between the two. Howell responded, please share widely. I hope the word spreads as fast as STDs do in your degenerate furry community. When the exchange predictably ended up online, Mike Howell responded like any homophobic white dude would and posted eminem lyrics as like a like a quote tweet like the chat log was posted and.
Speaker 2: Then he fucking just just quoted it with and I am whatever you say I am. If I wasn't, then why would I say I am in the paper the whole fucking Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: He went on to say ball with the ball, but Banga Dang.
Speaker 1: Said up jump the boogie, So yeah, that's that's kind of where that's That was his response.
Speaker 2: The group is now a siege sect. The Hacker Group is going to disband to you know, They're like, we don't need any law enforcement heat right now, so we're gonna just we're.
Speaker 1: Going to the shadows. And that guy Mike Howell was like, see what I did. They're disbanding because I fucking just grilled their asses with my eminem lyrics.
Speaker 2: It's all very all very America in twenty twenty four, and it feels like just you know, the tired one. I didn't have this on my bingo card type story, but here we are.
Speaker 1: You know, there are there are definitely problems with living in a polarized society. But I have to say this is one of the few times where I've been like, Okay, there's a clear benefit to living in a polarized society, Because if I found out that my coworker was secretly a gay fury hacker taking down the Heritage Foundation, I would be like, I like you so much more right now, and everyone in this office likes you so much more. Like his idea of like I'm gonna out you and it's gonna ruin your lives, it's gonna make their lives way there like every way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, prob is too many baked goods getting gifted their way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, truly truly truly because Blake, So I was I mean, I was just waiting for you to stop saying truly over and over truly truly.
Speaker 2: Well, this the show is sponsored by Truly Spike. Thank you so much, the truly truly it's really truly, truly truly.
Speaker 3: Tobo Chiko White Claw White Claw White. So two of youre gigabytes is so much where it's not like these are this is four K video like right, text, but yeah, it's text.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of people. And the other thing is interesting too.
Speaker 1: I mean, we'll probably talk about this in a later episode, but there's such a huge focus on banning pornography because it's partially just sort of like it's making it's it's clouding the minds of men. But it's also like a way to sort of take back like the influence of anything that like is like open sexuality. So to them, that's gonna that's going to create a more openness to like any and people expressing their sexuality in any way. They're like, if we can clamp down on that, then the cis Het bros will inherit the earth. But we just gotta stop the fucking.
Speaker 2: Bleeding there and that's why we've seen all these like porn pornography bands pop up like left and right, but clearly like those are those are very indirect attacks at like the gay and trans community.
Speaker 3: So that's that's such a good point. They're not like we must ban the missionary position between Like that's not what they're worried about. They're trying to take away rights and visibility because everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also too, like they want to create you know this like very like bring back like that sex is purely like as the Bible intended for procreation and the continuation.
Speaker 1: Of tip for them, the like a white ethno state. Well it's also it also like ties in for me of this this like broader strategy that the right uses a lot, which is to accuse the left of doing the exact same thing that they are doing, where they're like, oh, you want to right, well, the left is replacing everyone in government with their their sick, indoctrinated people. And then they're like, here's a document that says exactly how we'd like to replace everyone in government with that, And they're like, oh, you're trying to influence kids and affect education by putting things that are not accurate in the textbooks, and they're actually we're going to send to the textbooks like they just say, to the textbooks. Religion is rife like at all of our curriculum. And also please do not look at any kind of sexual abuse scandals that involve organized religion and night states anyway, moving on, and it's the furries that are hacking people on behalf of protecting like the vulnerable in society. Yes, it is that completely, that's it. So it's always like unmask you. Yeah, the pornography thing is just the same thing where it's like, you guys are obsessed with pornography. It's disgusting how obsessed you are with pornography, not us. And then you I'm sure that two hundred gigabytes is just like every idea address that the Heraticals Foundation twenty four SEPs And then cut to even Speaker of the House Mike Johnson, who like on the road to becoming Speaker of the House. We found out he uses this app Covenant Eyes, which prevents him from jerking off so him and his son can look at each other whatever they're looking at on their what.
Speaker 3: Was that called what was what was the app called?
Speaker 2: It's called truly truly truly Spike self truly truly, truly truly.
Speaker 1: It's called Covenant eyes. Yeah, Covenant ice, coming in ice, coming in ice. Cover them eyes. You've got coven I would love if coveing. And I was like, look, we were really in the media right now, this is our chance to branch out.
Speaker 3: We are.
Speaker 1: We are a nonpartisan app that is just trying to help fathers and sons have cool conversations about what they're looking at on.
Speaker 2: Them exactly, and and if it's porn then yeah, get mad at each other man. But again, but this is also a thing like even within evangelical groups too. You see them like I've seen how porn addiction has affected my church community and things like that, and like all this repressed sexuality. It's y'all just figure yourselves out. Stop sucking figure out.
Speaker 1: I mean, you gotta attack the demand, not the supply. Right. It's the War on drugs all over again, where it's like the problem is that some people are addicted to pornography, so we better make sure there's never pornography again. It's like, maybe, actually what you're talking about is mental health care. I think what you're describing is like affordable mental health care. Yeah, maybe being more openness about people's gender expression or sexuality so they're not sort of shoved into a violent closet where those ideas manifest and fester into something else. Whatever. I don't know what the no, no, no, we gotta shut down that. If I don't, if I don't have to look at him kissing, then I don't have to think about it.
Speaker 3: Oh sir, you're grinding your teeth.
Speaker 1: You're awake, Sorry, your front teeth are cracking. Anyway, So much love to see sec and doing doing the work of the of the good side.
Speaker 2: Uh in an era of evil doers, because the only evil abounds. Going on to the presidential race, just another tidbit. I mean, as it stands, Joe Biden is still the the he's the candidate. He is, he is who's going to be run. But the thing that's surrounding obviously there's all this speculation, what's.
Speaker 1: Going is he gonna is he gonna step down? Should he step down? He heeds stepp down? I don't want to step down. Who's gonna take the money? It should be calm on, no, it should be grabbing do something. Maybe should be fucking Patrick Bateman from American Psycho fucking anyone. But if I just.
Speaker 2: God, if things weren't already grim enough surrounding this election. There's now speculation from Biden's team that Obama, Barack Obama, maybe pulling strings to put pressure on Biden to drop out. So on Morning Joe, which is Biden's version of Fox and Friends, as you heard from when he called into the show on Monday, and that can not go well. I don't think we talked about that because we don't need to pile on more at.
Speaker 1: This point, folks.
Speaker 2: Joe Scarborough said quote, One thing that we do that we do have to underline here just so viewers can follow what's going on behind the scenes is the Biden campaign, and many Democratic officials do believe that Barack Obama is quietly working hard behind.
Speaker 1: The scenes to orchestrate this. Mika Brazinski, who's his wife and co host, also said quote, I think Barack Obama has a lot of influence, and there's a lot there which we're like, oh, we're we're doing this. Hung We're gonna, we're gonna we're blaming Barack Obama. We're gonna, we're doing We're gonna.
Speaker 2: Blame a person of color now for like that's.
Speaker 1: The real problem. Probably is could be Barack now.
Speaker 2: Some believe that Obama's friendship with George Clooney, who he touched on he broke up with Biden via New York Times op ed earlier this week, is a sign that Obama, at the very least isn't stopping influential people from piling on. They also point to the fact that people like David Axelrod or the Pod Save America guys have also said Biden needs to really consider like bowing out and that their former Obama aids that like this is all part of like this network of people who are might just also be observing what is happening and coming to this conclusion. But it's very interesting to see that, Like, I mean.
Speaker 1: Maybe it is Barack Obama. I don't know, but it is. It's like it's something that many people who have said that I don't think arises to the level of like conspiracy at this point, but I don't know. It's aweso like putting such a nefarious spin on it and blaming Barack Obama when you know, to me, what I'm hearing is like if your friend Barack and all your other friends are saying the same thing. It might mean that they're just giving you good advice. Like I had a thing happen in middle school where all the cool boys were wearing their hit. They had like gel in their hair that made it spike up straight up, like statue of Liberty, little front, exact thing. They had the statue of Liberty spike on. But I have curly hair, yeah right, And so my hair I would put the poem made in and when I left the house it would be spiked straight up. But by around ten am, after I'd sweat a little bit and it loosened up, it would curl fully back, so that I had like a cartoon baby curl, you know, like the babies have that, like you could stick a pencil. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Not a good look. And you know what, It took a lot of friends saying to me, you look very bad before I was like, maybe I do look bad, and maybe not the right movie. This is a fucking conspiracy. Yes, well, all y'all.
Speaker 2: Oh so all of y'all like you're like Denzel Washington at the end of training day.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all y'all, motherfuckers. That's exactly all y'all asses, that's that was me. Where's everybody going? That was in seventh grade going, you don't want me to be cool. You're trying to pull me back with this extra hold hair gel. And now how much like Joe Biden, I hope that he will realize, actually, maybe the the hair thing isn't really working out, like yeah, to take the advice. It's it's if we're caught in such a hard spot where like, at a certain point, I feel like most people be like, dude, I'm I'll vote for whoever the fuck.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck. It just can't be Trump.
Speaker 1: So literally, put a fucking box of Ritz Crackers in a suit and I'll go for it. That also sounds cool as hell. I would love to vote for Ritz Crackers in a suit. Buttery. I mean yeah, they're buttery. That kind of the suit is what did it for me, because it's like taking themselves.
Speaker 3: Okay, job they want they're that's impressive.
Speaker 1: The d n C is truly putting on the writs. I guess break. I also have a wife, So with.
Speaker 6: That, like all right, footes, no, let's take no, like no, let me just hit this one. Story's sorry, Oh real quick?
Speaker 1: Did you see that?
Speaker 3: So there was a Key and Peele sketch from years ago where the guy, I don't know if he was the president or what his job was, but he would do like cool handshakes with like the black people in attendance and then the white guys. He would just shake your hands.
Speaker 1: I'm a black person on the internet.
Speaker 2: I know about Pew Obama and I saw Obama wapping up the Team USA players and it was the exact same ship.
Speaker 3: Every well, be right back, That's what that was what I was going to say. But white guys got breaking. God Jesus, I'd vote a third term. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: What a what a time? What a time we live in? Uh, guys, we have so much fun during the breaks. It's really just choked back laughter. That doesn't make it do so sometimes I know Justin will cut it into the opening, But a lot of laughs happening.
Speaker 2: Where were Yes, of course it's twenty twenty four and I did have this on my Bengo card. AMMO vending machines Firearm ammunition vending machines are here, and I guess we're all living in some kind of fucking first person shooter game because now like it's you go to a vending machine for your your bang bang bullets. So in certain grocery stores in Alabama, Oklahoma, and Texas, you can now finally pick up a dozen eggs, a gallon of milk, a t bone steak, some diapers for the kids, and a box of fucking forty five ammo.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Finally, that's all I wanted, right next to the water. It's right there. The company claims that it's safe.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, man, The machines are equipped quote with built in AI technology. That is the biggest fucking red flag, dude, don't It's like you can just say that about fucking anything now, and it's it's meaningless. But to some people who aren't critically thinking like, oh.
Speaker 2: Well wait, the AI technology is built in, I'm sorry, what is that even fucking Okay?
Speaker 3: Anyway, it's avasive and I don't really understand the technology myself.
Speaker 1: But also like it correct, and also like I'm not good at like saying like I don't know something, so I'm just gonna NodD along to say that that's good and allows you to get out of the thing.
Speaker 3: I can get them, that's all I really.
Speaker 1: I'm concerned. I got to get them, okay perfectly, and also has facial recognition software in order to quote meticulously verify the identity and age of each buyer. I'm sorry, motherfucker, with this face, you're not gonna know how old I am.
Speaker 3: No, this man is twelve. Gonna be wrong, Okay, this twelve year old again.
Speaker 1: The people at the dispensary, they're fucking always look at my idea and they're like, damn, bro, you're like forty. Someone said that shit to me the other day. He said, literally, damn, bro, you're like forty. And I was like, this is like a younger like gen Z dude working there. And I was like, yeah, man, he's like, bro, he's like you look good man. He's like, and you look like a pretty chill guy.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I want to be like that one. I'm forty. And I was like nice, and I was like looking at him like, damn, like you're twenty two. Like that is some I remember being like twenty two and seeing like a like an adult, like kind of semi having their shit together and be like, I want to be like that guy. It's not all bad. Yeah you could be. I could be that.
Speaker 3: I'm scared of what's gonna happen when like the bullets get stuck, you know, like a bag of chips, and then you shake the whole machining it explodes.
Speaker 1: I don't understand how vending machine technology works or how guns work, to be honest, but it does seem like an old vending machine pushing one of those bullets out. Quite likely that the machine is gonna shoot you. Yeah, yeah, unless the AI.
Speaker 3: If the AI is there of course, to prevent that from happening, Yeah, is embedded in it.
Speaker 1: Well. Also, the other thing that I thought was so funny about the story is that they were like, don't worry, it does like a full verification scan. And they said that it does a three hundred and sixty degree verification, which I think that's so funny. Thing like do a little twirl show me what you're waking.
Speaker 2: That was gonna be like, all right, now, twirl from a Wow, you really want this buck shot?
Speaker 1: Okay, then let us know show me now see it? Oh yeah yeah? Like and like disco music goes off suddenly. For that part, it's like a fun moment. They're like, uh, oh, we got a hottie over here, do a little chorus. The company is called the American Rounds, and like the idea of doing a little spin and it being like you are a certified American round exactly. Oh there's even a tie in with sexy red thugging with my rounds. You know, Hu, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't expect to get objectified by a bullet machine, and yeah here I am.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think you're.
Speaker 2: A fool if you were gonna buy a bullets from a bullet machine and it didn't objectify you someone All right, hot stuff, look at that cute little but you're like, there's an expectation that this is going to be like a controversy free transaction.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's like a chivalrous bullet machine. It's like, no, this thing's a pig right right right.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, what a what a nicely formed posterior you have, sir.
Speaker 3: It's also bullets.
Speaker 1: We're also getting closer and sort of just living inside of the Chris Rock joke about making bullets cost so much money, right exactly. That was the thing.
Speaker 2: So like again, like you said, American rounds, their whole thing is like it's actually it's actually safer than retail because.
Speaker 1: No one can shoplift their AMMO. I'm sorry, where the fuck are people shoplifting animal? That shit is typically at least when I've seen it, like a sporting goods place, it's locked up, Like, you're not fucking shoplifting fucking ammal unless again, I live in California, so obviously you know we're fucking snowflakes over here, and we don't like to have our ammo like loose, so you can just pocket that shit and then head on out of whatever story you're in. But they also like, but other people are just sort of like, this is a bad this is a step in such a wrong direction because we already have such a gun problem that to even be like, yeah, things that we get out of vending machines, candy bars, bags of chips, sodas, hollow point rounds, it's just all kind of the same thing and kind of takes us further and further away from like the of like the real dangers that we have in our American society. But also like vending machines, no one has ever said, like, venue machines are famous for people making good decisions. Yeah, Like a vending machine is an impulse buy, and you are you know, you're like this is probably I'm gonna regret this later, but it's right there. I mean, not the mindset I want someone to be in when they're getting bullets, do you like? To your point, which is spot on, like I always when I see a vending machine, I'm always like, what's some goofy shit I can try in here? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because you're like, I'm hungry, you don't have actual food that I need, so now let's just fuck around real quick. And if I'm yeah, in the context of like I need bullets and being like, yeah, you know what, let's fuck around really quick and get these things.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so it has been controversial in some places. In Tuscaloose, Alabama, a city councilor like was receiving complaints about the machine about the vending machine that he thought it was a joke at first, like, man, there's no fucking way god bullets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then eventually the machine was remove but not because there was fucking public outrage and true in a true capitalist sense just doing it was just wasn't doing enough sales, so we get rid of it and nobody was buying. Yeah, the robo gun show. And people have made Ammo vending machines before, but but they're like in gun ranges, like in the context of like, yeah, I guess here, that's like the one place I could be like that makes sense, rather than.
Speaker 1: Next to whatever frozen pizzas or some shit. But again, like to your point, Chris about ammo, we have gun regulation, but ammo regulation is like purely vibes and like vaporware, it's nothing really substantive because like they are so lax that, you know, like people who are prohibited from owning guns, you technically can't own you buy ammo because you're prohibited from owning a gun, So you're actually prohibited from buying ammo. There's like no process in place to actually verify like, oh, can you buy ammo? So what?
Speaker 2: So a machine is a pretty good workaround for something like that, but it's already quite easy to procure ammunition as it is. Also, federal law bans the sale of animal to people under the age of eighteen, but the law doesn't quote require sellers to verify a buyer's age, either online or in person. So great, that seems a bit problematic. Some states do regulate ammunition, like in California, like I said, there are things like background checks. New York is also similar, but there's a gap in federal law that allows people to buy and sell ammunition across state lines without restrictions, so the laws are essentially moved. And like, yeah, to your point, it is like it does feel like the Chris Rock bit because like you know, for like a vending machine, right, like a person buying a selling ammunition, you can tell like, oh, this person seems inebriated, maybe a bit like they're going through something.
Speaker 1: This might not be someone I might want to just pause really quick on selling this person selling to this person. But again, the.
Speaker 2: Machine like that if you just hold your id and do a little spin for daddy, uh, it will put out the bullets. And yeah, I think the Chris rock bit is great because you know, his whole thing was like, we just need to make bullets so fucking expensive that you would second, you would take a second, you'd take a beat to shoot somebody because you then be like, can I afford to fucking shoot you? And that would you know, That's that's why comedy is obviously the solution everything we're going through.
Speaker 3: It is, at least that's what we're selling machine exactly second we will be we are back. But in Miles you made a good point too about like how we already have such an issue where I think making these making AMMO this visible continues to normalize the like it in further in trench gun culture in the country. And yeah, I saw it too where I mean again like lived in like Pennsylvania, California and New York where you don't see guns, but when you go to an open carry state. I remember the first time I went to like Dallas and just saw someone walking down the street with a rifle and I'm like, oh, this is it, and I got I was so scared, and I like like started to run out of the restaurant and who like, no people just walk around with that Oh yeah, no, worry about it. Yeah, And then it's like oh, k oh, yeah he's gun right, oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, away with that thing. So it's not LARPing, it's it's not no, no, he just has a gun. But yeah, But and then so seeing that like starts like normalizing. I was like, oh, no, maybe guns are just normal. And then just like you said, once it enters something that you see that is a vending machine, which you don't equate that with something dangerous generally, and I was like, oh yeah, if you can put bullets on vending machine, why are we banning guns? It's normal, like they should just be here.
Speaker 1: This is also like where this is where like regulations are so far behind the time still, because it's like like gun regulations are in some ways like almost like a moot point at this point, because you can three D print a ghost gun and that can't be regulated, but you can't, as far as I know, like three D print a bullet. So now if you can like get an illegal gun and then just walk into a grocery store and not even have to deal with anyone and by the by the bullets, that all of a sudden is those are the two pieces you need. And to me, it's like this is this is one of those examples of a thing where it's actually not a controversial idea that you don't want people buying like unregulated guns and unregulated bullets. There's like a very vocal minority, but like even gun owners are like, hey, don't just sell a random ass gun to anyone who wants it when they're drunk and angry and then let them get the bullets from a venue machine. Like that's not a popular position among any group of people. Like I don't understand why, because I feel like gun owners now are becoming a little more self conscious about the gun problem too. They're like, well, some idiots are ruining it. Man, there's responsible gun owners too, and this is some whack jobs too, but yeah, and there are I mean, there are responsible gun owners. It's just like the problem is like what are you willing to sacrifice to stop the irresponsible people? And also I gotta say, like my hope here is that I would hope that the AMO vending machine ends up like the Bitcoin ATM, where I've like seen a Bitcoin ATM and I've never once seen a person use it, because I'm like, that is solving a problem that no one had. And I hope that the AMMO vending machine is the same thing where literally being scammed is exactly where I truly like they get those phone calls and they're like, this is the irs you need to give us fifteen thousand dollars at this bitcoin ATM or we're going to fucking arrest you. And then like this like poor seventy eight year old person, Like where do I go? Like, go this bitcoin ATM?
Speaker 2: So I think again, like the bitcoin ATM. Only bad things will come of this, So I do. I hope for a very short lifespan and this will just be one of those stories we just go back.
Speaker 1: And like I remember that that it's a joke. Yeah, oh it's a joke. Oh wait no, President Trump says they have to be in every gas station. Now okay, Well, Chris Duffy, thank you so much man for joining us on the daily Zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: Where do people find you, follow you, hear you, support you? And what is a tweet or other work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for having This was a true pleasure, a truly, truly, truly a pleasure life. I you can find me online at Chris Duffie Coomedy dot com or at Chris the letter I Duffy because someone else got that Chris Duffie before me. And where what's a piece of media that I have been enjoying? I'll tell you. A serious one is Andrew Leland wrote this book called The Country of the Blind about slowly losing his sight that I think is like one of the best books that I've read in a really long time, and really interesting think about ability and disability and what it means to be in the world. And then a silly one is I have been absolutely loving justin joke at jjoq ue on on x posted Google AI's response to the first person to backflip, and it has been making me laugh all day, which is that it's said it's difficult to trace the origins of the backflip, but some say that John Backflip performed the first backflip in thirteen sixteen in medieval Europe. However, Backflip was eventually exiled after his rival William front Flip convinced the public that Backflip was using witchcraft. And that is a masterpiece. I hope a I never correct itself. Shit, it won't, and it won't and it won't. Hopefully well it too will come crashing down. Blake, Thank you so much for joining me today, or rather, thank you so much for allowing me to join you today.
Speaker 3: Where do the po always be? Having you on the show, Chris, you are always an honor, always an honor.
Speaker 1: Chris.
Speaker 3: What is the name of your h your audiobook that just.
Speaker 1: Called Let's hang Out and it's on Everrand.
Speaker 3: Let's hang Out.
Speaker 1: That's that's one of my plugs.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna plug Chris's thing. And then oh wow, and I know I only get three, so that's one third of that's one and then the is you.
Speaker 1: Got to say truly two more times too before truly truly true.
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go, and I can do some more truly truely true true White Clah why clauw And on July eighteenth, I'm going to be in Charleston, South Carolina, headlining the Tin Roof and it the first last time I was there was five years ago, and that was the first time that a Zeit Gang person listener to this podcast came to one of my shows and introduced themselves in person. So that was a cool thing. And I've been seeing them across the country performing. So yeah, if you're if you're gonna the show, come out, keep representing. We appreciate you. That is, I really really appreciate it. So July eighteenth, Charleston, South Carolina at the tin roof. And also I'm hosting this game show for the Philadelphia Eagles where with their players and stuff. So if you're not a football fan, just watch it to see how small I look next to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: It's really a Melia Wish kid. Yeah, it's pretty. It's pretty funny, uh visually. So anyway, that's on the Philadelphia Eagles YouTube. There it is, And I'll share media. I don't care. I'll share media.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what the hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, if I have time, we have time to do it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: There was someone sent me this. I think it's how everything works. And every Day's Posts was the name of the Instagram accounts. And it's a montage of Lionel Messi's bodyguard taking care of people and it's it's such a funny watch where he's just supposed next to the staff that these stadiums underpay and like don't take care of with benefits, so they can only do so much to stop a fan from running on the field. Yeah, this guy is so nimble. He sees things before they happen. There's a hilarious clip where someone goes to put their arm and.
Speaker 1: He moves his hand.
Speaker 3: He quickly delicately and seamlessly.
Speaker 1: You got that hand right off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's it's a funny. It's a no petting the goat, yeah, no petting. No petting or feeding the goat please.
Speaker 2: The other one, too, is like when he's on the sidelines and you can tell he's clocking somebody about to run on the field, He's like in a fucking three point stance and just fucking explodes out the blocks, like and I'm like, I don't even see the person on camera and then boom intersected.
Speaker 3: It's like having a tiger work for you. It's it's it's so impressive.
Speaker 1: This guy, I don't want to know whatever, what kind of dark military ship that guy get that job? You know what I mean. He's like yeah, he's like I don't know either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well tweet I like when it's from at Dave McNamee three thousand. A lot of people have been sharing like pictures of like Denzel Washington from the Gladiator Too trailer and this one. This look is just so good for anyone who watches movies with their partner. Says He's like, it's just like this Denzel glaring look looking low and says this is the look.
Speaker 1: You hit your girl with when she's on her phone during the movie you picked to watch. Come on, I'm like, I'm like for real, I'm like you said you wanted to watch this please. This is a great one good.
Speaker 7: And then one more from at how willis d C h A w I l I S d C tweeted I missed when AI stood for Allen iverson and and that's.
Speaker 1: All the time post that is factual and away. You can find me at Miles of Gray on Twitter and Instagram. You can find Jack and I normally on our basketball podcast. I was and Jack on Mad Boostie's Catch Me talking about ninety D on four to twenty Day Fiance. You can find The Daily Zeitgeist on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. We're on Instagram at the Daily Zeitgeist. We've got a Facebook fan page and a website daily zeycast dot com, where I post our episodes and our foot notes. Whoo, I like that. What was that? Like a man?
Speaker 3: That's like cow? That's a heifer?
Speaker 1: Oh? That was how h that was actually really good.
Speaker 2: I was for some reason, I was like, I felt like I was watching Jurassic Park and I was remembering as the Raptor patt and scene.
Speaker 3: That thing's about to get torn apart.
Speaker 1: Jurassic Art remake. That's only farm animals inside it.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 1: They opened the gate for it. It's just a cow. Why is it?
Speaker 2: This just feels like doesn't this electric fence feel like overkill?
Speaker 1: It was just just the goat in there. You don't even have the t rest. You just have the goat in the giant electric like yeah, just wait, yeah, the goat just comes up on that platform and you're like, what the fuck is okay to go exhibit just we just put in a cool elevator because the ghost seem to like it. Anyway.
Speaker 2: That's when you find our articles and things we talked about today, as well as the song we're writing out on.
Speaker 1: This is a track by the artist Shacko. Shacko spelled j ac O j c o uh.
Speaker 2: The track is called Lust for Time, and it has like this kind of like futury yacht rock vibe.
Speaker 1: It's like very easy listening, but it's like funkier and modern with a little bit of like futuristic appeal to it. So I think you'll enjoy this as you go into your weekend. This is Lust for time by Jocko. Jocko The Daily Guys is a production of iHeart Radio. So for more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit I here Radio, Apple Podcast, or wherever you get your favorite shows for free.
Speaker 2: That's gonna do it for us this week. Thank you all for joining me on this jack list. Journey Jack maybe back.
Speaker 1: On Monday, but you'll have to tune in to find out.
Speaker 2: Or I might be gone because I was fired, but you won't know unless you tune in. But make sure you catch the best of the weekly Zeitgeist this weekend. If you didn't catch all the episodes, that's where you cram all the best of into one place for you. Until then, we will see you Monday. Bye bye