Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 3: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: So how are you moving into different markets? Like what are some challenges with that? You started where you're from, but now you're going to Texas and you're going to you say they moved to Atlanta and different things like and then you're doing different different product types as well. Yeah, we talk about navigating that.
Speaker 5: So relationships, man, it's everything. I think when I was coming up in Milwaukee, one of the things that I did was just build those relationships off network, and I was at every event. You couldn't miss me. I was literally you could not miss me. I was everywhere. So I took that same model. But now I'm doing it on the national scale. Everything in DC real estate based events, I'm there. I'm not there as much now because i've been you know, headed down, but I'm in those Atlanta based events, I'm in that, Houston based events, I'm in those you know, Birmingham based events, I'm in that. So I look for the macro economic trends that I liked population growth.
Speaker 6: I really like red states and blue cities because it.
Speaker 5: Allows for or flexibility and getting out tennis that may not pay right. I'm not saying you're vig folks, That's not what I'm here for. But at the same time, places like Atlanta. Atlanta is in as bad Atlanta's d C. Let's use DC for example. You said red state and blue city. Yes, those are places like Atlanta. I like Houston, Georgia's Birmingham all blue states, red city.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean traditionally george is not a blue state.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I mean blue Citi's Red states. I may have said it the wrong way. Birmingham would be yeah, yeah for sure, New Orleans.
Speaker 6: Yes, stuff like that. Yeah. I really like blue states, red cities.
Speaker 5: Sorry, blue cities, red states because the higher level laws allow.
Speaker 6: For more flexibility.
Speaker 5: Like a place like DC, for example, there were people that literally d C prior to the pandemic. You can go rent an apartment, never pay your rent, and you don't have have to get out for at least seven months because.
Speaker 6: That's all in the process takes.
Speaker 5: Like I know people that lived in the building that I lived in that literally leased it and didn't pay rent. They just leased it out every summer so they can enjoy the rooftop, and they just burn up different people's things, like okay, your name this year, were all gonna live there. Your name this year, We're all gonna live there.
Speaker 4: Are there any Are there any major cities that are run by Republicans? I don't think so. Right most every major city is run by Democrats. Think about it.
Speaker 6: That's a good Chicago, LA.
Speaker 4: Miami's a Democrat, the mayor's a Democrat. I don't think there's any major city that that's interesting. I just thought about that. No, no major city has demo, has a Republican control, even even if it's in the Republican l A yeah, San Francisco, San Francisco saying yeah, Philly yeah, and you know Pennsylvanica's back and forth.
Speaker 6: But those those cities, those states.
Speaker 5: That have those very like strings and laws, like a DC for example, I'm not the most fond of right Like during the pandemic, there are people that literally lived for over a year just because of the system.
Speaker 6: And it's like you're not paying any rent.
Speaker 5: As a landowner that has thousands of units, I don't want thousands of units in the place that I can't get people exploiting this system. Out in Wisconsin, you get somebody thirty days, all right, boom, you go through the process.
Speaker 6: Atlanta even quicker than that.
Speaker 5: And I'm not saying we should exploit it either, but from a business perspective, it doesn't make sense for me to be in a place where X amount of people that'll pay rent, especially as I'm rising like when I get bigger, of course, maybe I could deal with some of that drop, but right now, nah, I'm focused on cities where it makes sense financially.
Speaker 7: So you moved throughout the cities. I know the HUT is involved in the Birmingham situation. There was three hundred and seventy million allocated for the developments. Is it a situation where you can now again go back to hood and do the same type of opposing a different city.
Speaker 5: Absolutely so, I have I'm a finalist for three cities right now.
Speaker 6: I knew it, man, I knew.
Speaker 5: I'm a finalist for three cities right now. I got a call yesterday about one. We'll talk about the cities offline.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the strategy in the game plan there is if let's say once a year, once every other year, I can pick up one of these. Birmingham will be further along now I'm starting to that, and if each one is kicking out a thousand plus units, you get three four cities. I mean by the time I'm thirty four, now, by the time I'm forty two forty three, I have thousands of units under my belt that I've developed and really just starting to enter my prime.
Speaker 7: On your financial map. Does the percentage change with the amount of units? Right when you started at the one forty, you had your percentage that was put in. Now you're doing eleven hundred, but you have partners.
Speaker 5: Yes, great question, Yes it did change. So each city that you go into there how you So all of these are public housing redevelopment, So think of Brittany Greens, think Marcie projects, et cetera.
Speaker 6: We're taking the projects.
Speaker 5: And creating mixed income communities because if you think about the projects that were low density, so it's thirty acres of land.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring the safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDI.
Speaker 4: Erners.
Speaker 7: What's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash go backslash euyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the.
Speaker 1: United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: A day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right to leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 3: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security with three hundred units on it.
Speaker 5: That's saying thirty acres could do three thousand if you really wanted to, right, but you don't want to, you don't want to go that dence, but that's just an example of.
Speaker 6: What you are going after.
Speaker 5: So because the housing authorities typically own those lands, whoever is at the housing authority, they kind of dictate the negotiation of like the housing authority and developer. In those terms, the housing authority gets X percentage and then the developers gets why percentage and right now integrew and I are splitting that percentage, but it's very favorable, like it's pretty close to where.
Speaker 6: It should be.
Speaker 5: And the way we work they come. I'm driving, but they're they're every step of the way in the passenger seat, so I'm able to learn from it in their experience. They've developed, built and manage over ten thousand plus units. They've been doing this, they created the model. I'm learning from them, but I'm driving the ship at the same time. So yes, I have to share in the economics, but you know, three four hundred million dollar deals a pop, I don't mind sharing.
Speaker 6: We can figure it out.
Speaker 4: So talk about access to capital, that's something that you know down people. A lot of people haven't talked about. What is your thoughts on access to capital as far as doing the real estate development side and what's your personal experience is trying to get access to capital.
Speaker 5: The money on this commercial real estate side. Like I said, the money is gonna be there. If you got to deal to work, the money's gonna flow at the end of the day. Now the terms for the money talked about before, that's where it gets a little tricky. I'll say in a way of George Floyd, there was an eighteen month period maybe even a little. I mean, it's still kind of there, but it's scaling back where they were throwing money at black developers.
Speaker 4: Move stolen money like Black Rock.
Speaker 6: Uh No, that's a great question. So like the Paypals of the world.
Speaker 5: When they was giving out all of the like oh I want to invest in black communities, primarily went to cdffi's Community Development Financial Institution that we talked about last time. There's some national cdf fis that governed some of those funds and they've been able to kind of distill those funds to us. So like Enterprise Community Partners that my equity investors on the Madison deal, they have a program called Equitable Path Forward.
Speaker 6: Their CEO just took over Fanny May.
Speaker 5: So that's the scale of how big these CDFIs are now.
Speaker 6: They're one of their presidents, Lori Chapman.
Speaker 5: She created this program based upon all of that money that was coming in from the corporations that we're trying to give to black dollars, and this program.
Speaker 6: Is specifically created to be able to.
Speaker 5: They have lines of credit for us from an operational business perspective. They have pre development loans so you can go out each one of these deals, you need at least a half a million, anywhere from a half a million to a million before you close. You get it all back when you finish, but you need that before you close. And when you talk about like capacity, that's one of the things too. If you have five of these deals going on at one time, you're gonna need two and a half to five million dollars worth of capital just to deploy to that, not even talking about your operations and nothing like that. So they have programs that are allowing for developers to be able to tap into those type of money that helps us grow in scale. But the flip side of it is that's all the you know, kind of feel good money that's gonna flip. But to don people's point, black people don't manage big pension funds at all. Right, I've heard him talk about it on y'all's platform. At the end of the day, we're less than one percent of all of the management, Black brown women less than one percent of all assets managed. But if in New York, for example, with black, brown and women, it's over fifty percent of what's going into that pension fund, why is it less than one percent of us managing or having access to manage those funds? What is the governance around that to say, oh, you are not capable enough to do that.
Speaker 6: That's still a.
Speaker 5: Really big challenge to be able to even go from someone like myself that's a developer that's established, to get into fund management and be able to allocate to either my developments or other developers in the same way as some of these traditional majority firms are doing with no problem. So that's really a challenge that I think needs to be addressed, and I'm doing my job to do it. So Reinvestor is a platform and I'm creating now. It's a crowdfunding platform that democratizes commercial real esset investment. My mother can invest, your parents can invest unless they are accredited.
Speaker 6: Historically, but you've seen.
Speaker 5: Crowdfundings start to grow in the real estate space a little bit. So I'm doing a regulation a plus. We can raise up to seventy five million. I'm gonna put a portfolio of deals together and have people invest in that and back by the best of the best in the country that are doing it, so it's secure by those funds, I mean buy those firms, and we underwrite deals. We co invest in the deals. It's not like investing in a company. It's not like investing in a onesie deal.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 5: We are putting together sophistication in a way that the marketplace has not seen. So that's one of the ways that I'm addressing the access to capital challenge for emerging developers that are like me and coming up behind me too.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: A day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right, leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,