Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 2: We had a great trip to Colorado. You, Dick, got to meet up with some of our favorite people. Our guy, Jake Plumber has this Umbo drink. I drink them daily. This is all natural energy and then recovery tastes good.
Speaker 3: It's good for you, feel good, helps your focus.
Speaker 2: Umbo makes mushroom products for athletes. Look at it a handster, performance and recovery, turkey, tail teachers, lines, mainteinchers.
Speaker 1: Take them every morning.
Speaker 3: Good for gut health and also mental focus.
Speaker 1: Cheers, cheers to recovery and a good life.
Speaker 2: Go to get Umbo dot com and.
Speaker 3: Use cold Smoke fifteen for fifteen percent off.
Speaker 2: We're here out here in Colorado at the mic oh Love Mushroom Farm with NFL quarterback Jake Plumber and his team The Snake. I got here a little late, forgive me everybody blaming on the weed down my heart with today's about mushrooms. Actually so, Jake, thank you for having.
Speaker 1: Us, of course appreciate it. Let's start this tour man, Yeah, thank you, very excited.
Speaker 4: We're making your way out here to beautiful Colorado. I love it and yeah, let's go check it out. Hey, what's up, everybody, It's Jake Plumber here. Some people know me as the Snake from my playing days with the Arizona Cardinals and the Denver Broncos. I'm here today in Fort Lupton, Colorado at a little spot I helped get started with some dear friends of mine called Mico Love Farm, where we're growing really amazing organisms in the world of fun guy, and I'm here to just let people know that there's a option out there for holistic natural healing if you're interested in that.
Speaker 1: And this is gonna be a fun day to let everybody know what I'm up to to be able to share it to anybody out there listening. Let's do a little bit of cleanliness here, if you guys don't mind, all right.
Speaker 2: I'm more about the supreme ones out Yeah, I got tim pair.
Speaker 1: Our feet fit in the bucket barely. You guys got to step in the other way with them, big sideway. Welcome in side to Michael Love here this building.
Speaker 2: Explain the name cligure that that's mushroom for what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mico stands for mushroom. It's Latin for mushroomroom. Yeah. So mycology study of mushrooms, we have Michael remediation, which is remediation through the use of mushrooms. So Michael Love was born just out of the fact that mushrooms are love for us, you know, love and to the intention behind this is to help people feel better, to provide them with, you know, something from nature that can help them feel better.
Speaker 5: Love it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I started coming out here and got the opportunity to learn how to grow from the original owner and then got in way over my head and that's when I met Shane, and then that's when I met Michael. And we got guys that have been in this you know, mycologists or amateur foragers that have been studying mycology and mushrooms, and then we just we decided to make it legit and start experimenting with the finding the best way and most efficient way to grow mushrooms and then to extract them. In an industry that's growing rapidly and there's talks between you know, fruiting body and mycilium, which one is better, how do they work? We just wanted to focus on fruiting bodies and extracting them and making a really high, high potent, efficacious product. So when we give it to you, we hope you know you receive it and it helped.
Speaker 2: We're looking forward to receiving it.
Speaker 1: So it's funny because we started Umbo, which umbo is the very tip top of a fruiting cap, the top of the anything that protrudes out like the boss on a shield. And so we started Umbo with my buddy Dale Jolly and Rashad Evans on the UFC Hall Tame and then this farm came into the picture of like, hey, do you want to learn how to grow mushrooms? Hell? Yeah, I want to learn how a girl mushrooms. So we came out here, Michael Love was born. And now it's really cool because we actually put Michael Love mushroom extract in some Mumbo bottles. Okay, so it's it's really nice to know who's doing it and have a hand in sometimes out here mixing the substrate and picking the rachie or helping, you know, inoculate some some rieberries or kind of getting nerdy out here with mushrooms experiment. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I jumped into the cannabis space. I mean, I've been a cannabis consumer since I was a young teenager. Got involved right when I was about to retire around twenty sixteen and obviously that was the kind of the green rush, and since then it feels like mushrooms are kind of the next wave. I know a lot of people who are in the cannabis that base formally taking all their money and coming in to this space. So this is kind of what the new thriving. I know, it's not new, but kind of new to culture. So to speak, Well, why do you think, I mean, why do you think that is? Why is it hitting now? But you know we're speaking outside. You said this could be thirty four million years old.
Speaker 1: You know who really knows?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I think you know, one thing that was interesting was COVID. I think a lot of people got you know, more health conscious and aware of what they're putting in their bodies. And I think a lot of the what they call nutraceutical industry, which is more you know, pharmaceuticals that come from nature, started being taken a little more seriously. I mean, if you consider some scary statistics around, if you take what's interesting is like, I think it's the fourth leading cause of death. If you summed them up for this reason for death for the last two decades, it would equal the fourth meeting cause of death and this is taking prescription medications as prescribed by your physician, which is crazy. So you're listening to a medical professional.
Speaker 2: And that's what ing yourselves.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, and I think a lot of things are going on where people are going back to nature and they want to find a more natural way to deal with their issues. I mean, we've gotten thousands of emails of anybody from eighteen to one hundred and eighteen, and it's sort of if you put it into a theme, it's like, hey, Western medicine has failed me. I'm desperate. What can mushrooms do for me? And we're at a point where we don't know all the answers. There's an estimated at this point ten million potential species of fungi in the planet. It's a big number, and we've named we the mycology industry or the micology world has named maybe one hundred, one hundred and fifty thousand species. And they're not all mushroom forming species. Some of these are ones that grow and permeate our environment that you'll never really experience. But I think, you know, all of these things led to people trying to find, you know, better ways of living their lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys ready to show us around.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so this is the sort of the main room. What's really cool about this facility is that it was actually constructed in twenty seventeen specifically to grow mushrooms. So the entire thing is it was built as a flow through facility because you have to be super clean and sterile when you when you produce mushrooms, it turns out and you want to make sure that you don't backtrack contamination or whatever. So this is sort of our dirtiest room, if you will. But as we go through, you'll kind of learn the different rooms and the flow of what we do. And I guess we can kind of start here. And a good example is, you know, Michael Love really set out to be a vertically integrated mushroom company.
Speaker 1: So that means is that we literally go out to the.
Speaker 6: Wild and Michael here went out to California on a hike and he found allion's mane.
Speaker 1: Growing on a log.
Speaker 6: What's really cool is you can take this and they're called was it clary potent, which means you can take any part of the organism and recreate it.
Speaker 1: So what we do here at the.
Speaker 6: Farm is we'll take a specimen from the wild. We'll take a little tissue sample and we'll put it on something called a petri dish. So this is just we'll take a little piece of this, put it on the dish and let it grow out. Once it grows out on this dish, we'll transfer it and turn it into a liquid. So we amplify this into five hundred mills and then we take a little bit of this and we'll inject it into a jar, about a one pound jar of rye grain, and then that jar grain. What's really cool about fungi is, you know, we consume our food and we digest it. Fungi sort of grow into their food and then digest it.
Speaker 1: So this started out as rotten.
Speaker 6: You know, stero riberries, and then it grows through the entire thing and turns it into its body. Yeah, and it gets every stage that we're talking about, it gets a little bit stronger. So once it's through, this is sort of its teenage food. We'll transfer it and expand it into about a ten pound bag of grain. And then that ten pound bag of grain will be used to inoculate two hundred and forty pounds, and each shelf is about two hundred and forty pounds.
Speaker 1: They will climb to the tallest tree. This will sprout out of their head and then it drops scores on the fourt floor from the heights of the So like the mushroom is this chicken?
Speaker 2: And to do this like chicken and almost had like a meaty the texture is almost meaty. Yeah, yeah, there you go like an oyster or something good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go like a scallop that's like a piece of hali. But even like that's real good. You got it so kind of tas the flavor. Yeah, nice work. Maybe, Yeah, I gonna do this. Michael's got the chef scales, and it's good for your brain, and it's good for the environment because we're not eating animal animals, right, which we all could eat a little less of them.
Speaker 2: Jake just took us through the lab and and and and broke down a lot of lines made. Yeah, we're gonna Jack wants to be the first one to drink some mushroom pists. So I'm gonna give it to Mikey cheer him on. Now we're heading to the York to uh do some more talking and eating too, right.
Speaker 1: Have some good food prepared by Lovely Jackie Jolly Delle's wife and nice. Yeah we can go relax in the year's good to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, special episode of All the Smoke Coming to you from Colorado. Jake Plumber and his team have been kind enough to open up their lives really to us. We just came from the Mico Love Micae Love Mushroom.
Speaker 3: Farm, and now we had to and now we had the Yeah, that's what we had.
Speaker 2: Baby Dale opened up the York for us, and uh, it's been an interesting Just again, someone, I've been a cannabis advocate since I was a teenager, and obviously to see the growth of the of the medicine and the acceptance of the medicine, and then obviously now this side of the mushroom the growth of it. Obviously it's been around for a long time, but I just think the growth and acceptances is higher than it's ever been. And this is somewhere you found a passion and and and and and Jake, if you can talk to us where that passion came from and and and what has it been like for you on this journey.
Speaker 1: First, thanks for coming out here to Colorado. It's awesome to host you guys. As a fan of the NBA, watching you guys play, watching some highlights, you know, just recently, and like, dude, sometimes you didn't even hit the rim. It's just like that all day.
Speaker 2: Like sometimes he would see three rims and the one in the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cool to connect with you guys, you know, with with sports being a bridge and uh where this begin? I don't know. You know, I really have always been carrying teammate. Uh had a close family that taught me how to take care of each other. Uh, So I've always wanted to provide for my guys, you know, like if I got something that's good, I'm gonna share. And my first kind of journey down to become public about the use of cannabis, most importantly or more significant significantly as CBD, came with Charlotte's Web, when I got a chance to first take it and understand its benefits, to feel how it made me feel. It helped me feel a lot better. My headaches went away that I was having daily felt inflammation and some joints, being able to get back down on the floor again without the pain. And so I was like, man, there's there's something here. If this is illegal, this isn't right, because it's helping me. And then I learned about the young children with severe seizure disorders that it's helping them, and these mothers that are coming to Colorado because they can't do it in the state they're in without fear of going to jail or prosecution. It's like, that's not right, Like this is a human right. And so getting out and advocating about that, sending it to my teammates, to my loved ones to let them benefit, and then to see the path that it's gone on has been amazing. Cannabis is a medicine and it helps people whatever way you use it, whether that's marijuana or CBD or both combined. Right, there is something there that people need to know about. So that's been the whole thing to open up, is to educate, to advocate. Mushrooms came around because I met a guy named Deal Jolly at Charlotte's Web. We became good friends, and he gave me some tinctures before the pandemic and I started taking those and it was like, WHOA, this is crazy. I feel like even another level of freedom in my joints. My allergies were not as bad. I was not afraid of this virus going around like COVID going around getting everybody. I wasn't afraid, and so we started rapping about it and said, if we're going to do this, let's do it right. Let's make sure our product is very, very ethically sourced, potent and works. Because Charlotte's Web kind of set the bar with CBD that way, and I didn't want to do it any other way. And that's really what's brought me to hear and now from what I've benefitted and been grateful to have this opportunity to speak about it with you, with your audience, with anybody, that's kind of what I do. I share this because we need to know there's nature, there's natural ways out there to help your body feel better, to help your mind function better, whether that's just being able to sleep a little better or have a little more energy during the day, to feel a little more productive so you don't jump your shit at night when you're alone looking in the mirror saying, man, I ain't getting shit done. Well, maybe you can get a little more productivity with a little more focused, a little more clarity, And this is just a chance to do that. So it's been a beautiful, beautiful journey. But we're just getting startled. And that's the exciting part, is just barely even starting.
Speaker 2: Take us on the journey of a ten year NFL quarterback. Obviously one of the most brutal sports out there, and obviously we see you perform every Sunday and make magic happen, but we don't get to see once you go home, once you're outside of the locker room, and what that day to day is like, and how someone such as yourself, a quarterback who gets hit a lot of times, back before they were really protecting quarterbacks, how did you manage pain?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: What you know? Did you have vices?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: How did you manage the off the field issues, not only physically but mentally?
Speaker 1: You know? For me, I mean, I was so in it. It was just it was it was actually fun to get beat up on a game day and then two days later be almost back to fielding one hundred percent, even though I would you know, it wasn't one hundred percent, but to feel my body healing was was good to know that I could do that. There was definitely a lot of a lot of brutal injuries that I fought through. Probably should have taken some breaks, but I just didn't want to leave the field. I wanted to play, and if I left the field gave the door open to someone else to take it. It was like, no, I want that. I want to keep here, keep doing this and pursuing my childhood dream to win a Super Bowl. The beatings were real, you know, and the stress along with that, not just the physical part of the game, but also the expectations heaped on really the face of a franchise, the number two in any of these billion dollar organizations, because they'll fire a coach and they'll keep me around, so you're a very very important part of that. But managing that was also you know, it was a challenge. But I had good people around me. I have real strong family, good friends that would pull me back down when I was getting a little two up there to feeling like I was bigger than I really was. But post career, you know, it's been a it's they don't prep you for it. They'll they'll offer seminars, that'll offer conferences to talk about business or you know, media boot camp and all this stuff, but they really don't prepare you for what really is out there. And I didn't plan for any of that. I was full one hundred percent balling when I was playing ball. The last thing I wanted to think about was when I retire, I think I'm going to try and into this. Like no, I was. I just wanted to win a Super Bowl, So I was solely focused on that. Therefore, when I got out, I had to kind of learn how to manage my time, manage what I did with my body. How do I go get treatment?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: I can't just go to the training room and get everybody to put needles in me, to massage me, to sit in hot tub, do all this stuff. You got to take it all on yourself. So it's been a journey. It definitely was. You know, there were some ups and downs, and then as we find out with the TBI and the concussions and the severity of that, and then, you know, real shock for me was when Junior say I took his life. That was really like the moment I thought, what the fuck did I do this for? What the hell is this? This is something I got to look at. And that's right about when cannabis was legalized here. I moved back to Colorado, and that's about right when Charlotte's Webb came into the picture through a teammate, Nate Jackson, and a guy working for them named Ryan Kingsbury.
Speaker 2: When the just just the day to day, I mean, obviously, you know, we play long careers in the NBA and and to me it doesn't pale to what you guys went through. But we were beat up, you know what I mean, and in pain. And you know, these doctors will prescribe us anything, not telling us that it's you know, temporarily masking one thing and causing long term effects. Or you know, I know something that was very common in the NFL was toward all and you know I actually took some of that when I was in the league, and it was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I was never.
Speaker 2: Really someone that took the painkillers. You know, we both risked our career, our entire career because now obviously cannabis is legal. But I was always someone that would smoke cannabis after games. You know, only time I really miss games when I'll suspend it, you know what I mean. Like, like you said, I wanted to be out there. So you know, during your journey of again having to be there every single Sunday, you open. Leave that door open, you could lose your job. What were some of the ways you were able to manage the pain along along this journey.
Speaker 1: One was just taking really good care of my body, being lucky to come across some really good healers and tease a guy named Brett Fisher in Arizona that was really he just he just got to know me inside and out, like he knew what I needed. I'd go see him multiple times during the week. I stayed away from the pain medicine too. I took a lot of anti inflammatories and that's uh, you know, towards the telling in my career. That was one of the reasons why I was like, I got to get out of here. I can't. I can't take these these are they're pulling one, you know, some version off the shelf because it's the elderly are dying from it that I'm popping to a day and it's like, wait, this is this doesn't sit real with me. And my mom always warned me, you know, and told me to be real cognitive of what you put in your body, and uh, towards me tellen. In my career, I started, uh you know, I started smoking after games and using it as a way to like release release like I played in a I played in Arizona for six years, an organization that's had some success, and then I came here to the Denver Broncos, an organization that is his success, And all of a sudden, it was like I was fine with that, Like what are you gonna do? John Elway? This that like, I'm not John, I'm here to ball out. Let's go have some fun, you know, like let's go play. If I can win a super Bowl, great, But the pressure came from like the expectation and the drive to be the best, to be perfect. I just it started to weigh me down. And postgame my family would be around. Rather than worried about not playing the best, I could go down and have a little smoke with the fam and I feel I would actually feel it. It was like I'm gonna have to watch this film tomorrow. I'm not gonna relive it tonight. I get to see my family for four hours before I go to bed. I'm gonna drop in and see my family. And it was really good for me. But it also got me thinking too. Became real aware of what I was doing. How long do I want to do this because I never set out to do it a long time. I remember seeing John Alway my second year in the league, and I watched him walk out of a bar and up some stairs and I was like, whoa, that's what sixteen years get you. Like, I am not gonna limp out of this game. I'm gonna run away from it. And that's that's what I did. I was able to pull that off. So I used I used a lot of natural medicine, a lot of massage, acupuncture. My mom, like I said, she was into holistic medicine and would give me garlic and honey for a cold, you know, like she was in it. Her mom was in it. A lot of herbs, a lot of tea, you know, certain things that aren't what you're gonna get with modern medicine. So I took pretty good care of my body. But it was it was a lot of work.
Speaker 2: Second year with the Cardinals. You guys make the playoffs first time in a long time. Talk to us about that team and that experience that would have meant for that city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was fun because I played today State and we had a hell of a run in ninety six to the Rose Bowl. Damn near made it to the National champ or basically, we're playing for the national championship. We lost that game, and then I get drafted Arizona. It was like the last place I wanted to really be. I was like, get me out of here. I won't ready to go somewhere else. But then it ended up being such a blessing to just move down the street and I had all my support casts around me. I could still go to ash you, I knew where all the good restaurants were. I had people that were already fans. I'd go out. Couldn't get a meal in college. I'm now pro, and I got money. Now I'm getting free meals everywhere and everything given to me. And it was a lot of fun. And I was able to get in and start right away my rookie year, which was also awesome. I didn't really want to, Like I said, I didn't plan to play thirteen, fourteen, fifteen years. I just wanted to get a Super Bowl ring and then be done. And we put it together in ninety eight. We had a lot of really really awesome football players on the team. Jamiir Miller, Larry Sinners, Lomas Brown, Ronnie McKinnon, Kwame Laster. I mean, we had a lot of good players. We jailed together. We won four straight to end that season. I resigned my rookie contract for what was the biggest contract in the league at the time, and I'm like, on my birthday, they're renegotiating the contract and it's a Friday night. That's my night. I got to get sleep. My agent kept calling me. I'm like, yo, I got to get some sleep. Stop calling me. I Well got them at nine million. I'm like, what do you what? Good? Let's where do we sign? Calls me at like eleven thirty. We got them to fifteen million. I'm like fifteen million, what Like that's signing bonus? Like holy shit, this is ninety eight, my second year in the league. And so I'm like, oh, it's about to get real now, you know. And so we ended up making the playoffs that year. Then we kind of tanked, had some some let go of a lot of really good players. Management made a few bad decisions. I pressed through some injuries I should have taken time and kind of struggled for a few years. So while it sucked and it wasn't fun losing, it was also really good learning to understand like who I was. Like, I still came to the to the facility to put in the work. I still worked my ass off in the off season. I still went every practice. I watched all the film and I knew who the guys were doing that with me. Yet we just couldn't quite put that together in Arizona. And I still, you know, grateful for the bid will so give me that opportunity. You know, my standing down in the valley is pretty good. You know, I go down there and people take good care, so I don't regret any of it. But it was hard to lose thirteen games in a season and and b and be it take every snap. I took every single snap that And that's that's hard. When you're throwing balls, when you're down by twenty one, you're going to throw some interceptions. So I threw a lot of picks when I was trying to just make a play that I shouldn't have. But that's okay. I was still I was fighting.
Speaker 2: Where did your where'd your speed and in ability? Your running ability come from?
Speaker 1: Speed? Thank you for that. It was really nice of you. Mostly fear.
Speaker 2: Life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man, there's like speed when you're running on a forty yard dash and then there's game speed. And so I remember one time LeVar Arrington, I mean Levar's big as I mean, he came out close to when I was. We played against each other a lot. His forty time was like I think he ran in the low four sixes, maybe four to five. Mine at the combine was four to seven. Yet one time he's chasing me and he did not catch me. And that is fear. That is me to say no, I don't want to hit. So you know, growing up, I was the youngest of two older brothers, so I learned real quick how to dodge stuff. Like they would throw stuff at me or come after me because I wasn't doing what they wanted. So I got nifty and shifty and able to move. And it was always active. I never sat around riding my bike, jumping on the trampoline, climbing trees, throwing rocks at anything he wanted to, Like I mean, it was. I grew up just active and as far as like quickness and all that, my dad was a really good athlete, so it was my mom. Although they didn't play a lot of sports in an organized way, but my dad was a state champ in Idaho a handball for a couple of years and in Washington State. So like my dad was athletic and he was fast. My brothers were both very fast, very good athletes. So man, if it wasn't ping pong, we were playing hacky sack, we were playing tennis, we were just playing dodgeball, whatever it was. We were always doing stuff. So I never I never went and trained for quarterbacking. I mean, we were just playing ball all the time. My quickness and all the shiftiness and all that, Like I said, it's just like probably honed that on the playgrounds at Pierce Park Elementary School playing playing tackle five hundreds. Man, not let them catch me.
Speaker 2: Uh five AFC Championship versus Steelers, opportunity to go to the super Bowl, you said earlier, you know, you played this game to win a super Bowl. Talk to us about that run and then that experienced versus Steelers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was amazing, man, that that season we had. I mean to play for an organization like the Broncos, who they're in it every year. When I got here, the conversation of a Super Bowl was actually legit, and uh, you know, making the playoffs getting there with that opportunity. You know, the first year we made it, got beat by Peyton and the Colts. The next year, same thing. Then that third year it all came together. We had a team we had I mean, there's already a few Hall of famers off that team that I was playing with. It was tough. It was really tough to lose at home to the Steelers when I was right there AFC Championship week. When it happens, there's always this little feeling of like there's that little teeny bit of like did I go? Did I leave too soon? I have tried to go a little one more or two more to try to get it. But then I'm like, no, I'm good. I got to there. That was That's pretty sweet for a kid from Boise, Idaho. That was one hundred and seventy pounds when I got to Asu. Yeah, I did all right. So it was fun. I made a lot of you know, great memories and my standing here in Denver. You know, the John told me, John Elway told me when I got here. If you play hard and you go out there every day and you grind and you do it during it, it might not be pretty sometimes, but when you're done and you're afterwards, they're gonna love you forever. And he was not lying. Man, fans here treat me so well, and it's a great city to have played in. Now I live, I live in the area, so very blessed to be here in Colorado.
Speaker 2: Jerry Jones denied a link between CTE and football. You push back on that, just thoughts. I mean, obviously now it's more talked about. You mentioned Junior say how and how he took his life, and we're seeing day by day from the movie Concussion that Will Smith did and it's just more talked about.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Was it something that was talked about while you were playing or was this more post career in CTE.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was post career because I can remember times guys.
Speaker 3: Jared been tripping, I'm a cowboy, Frian, I'm Jack k J been tripping.
Speaker 1: You know, I've said some choice words about Jerry, and I don't I don't take anything back that I say. You know, my mom would say maybe you could have worded it differently. But a guy with that much influence and that much money to say that just seems to me like whether CTE is a most people that may think that are worried about getting it probably don't even know how to say what those CTE stands for chronic traumatic encephalopathy. It's this thaying a doctor made up to describe what happens your brain when you get either concussed or subconcuss and blows over and over and over. It's not good for your brain to get smashed like that. My thought on it is like, I can't say that I don't believe in it because that would really fire people up, because it's legit. Like there's people, there's guys they analyzed their brains and there's parts that are gone, that have disappeared or dead, and that's CTE. It's from trauma. Me on the other hand, and what I am now feeling, I'm called to and so blessed to have followed this path, had friends like Dell and met others like Rashad Evans that have been in a brutal sport too, that have benefited who's a partner of ours. It's like, here's a chance to maybe find something to give these guys hope rather than oh man, you better get your concussion settlement, get total and permanent, because look what we got to deal with. And it's no doubt our bodies are are put through more stress the common person. But there's a lot of humans that are active that have had concussions and put their body if they're a construction worker, through a lot of damage too. So if with athletes we can we join together, we do the right things, we do some studies. We're actually we're actually putting together a study right now with former players to test functional mushrooms and peptides and see if we can reverse cognitive decline and physical dysfunction. We got to get data back before anybody listens. So if we get the right data back and we show we can maybe improve some of these guys' cognitive abilities or things they're worried about. Because sometimes I don't remember where I put my wallet. Does that mean I got CTE or dementia? No, happens. We're not supposed to be perfect all the time. But if you're in that mode and you're thinking, oh shit, I had twenty concussions and I don't remember right now where I'm supposed to go, oh no, and that can be a snowball that just goes downhill fast. So I want to give these guys hope, give them hope that this is nature and if I can bring this to you, man, here it is, take it. I don't want anything for this. I just want you to feel better and have hope that we can live a better life, feel better, think clearer, and maybe reverse this narrative that we're told that we're given and not really given much of an answer for through the powers that be. You know, Jerry Jones maybe one of those guys to like make a difference. Let's let's research this. You got money, Let's put it down, Let's have some Let's put it down and study this with the clinical trials that we need to prove to the rest of them of America that this is legitimate, a legitimate way to help people thrive and have health and wellness. That's what That's what I'm here to do.
Speaker 3: Where can I get a out of application to be one of your lab rats? Y'all?
Speaker 1: Can?
Speaker 3: I will try everything, and y'all, can you know use me? And you know I want to sign up.
Speaker 1: Let's do it, man, we will get This is how we get there. It's like I'm doing the study. Now we get the right numbers. Now we take it out and we get the funding, we get the people, and if Umbo does well, that's really what we're doing. We're a cause driven company. What we want to do is take nature and profiteer from it. But we're talking about it with the pH profiteer. We're going to get out and speak about this so people know we're not afraid to speak the truth of how it's helped us. And if you want to come into that, that would be awesome, because I mean, if I can help you feel better, what better thing than my life can I do? That's a gift because I used to do it by just smiling and signing an autograph. I make a little kid go over the moon. Now I can possibly help somebody get off the couch, have a little less pain, maybe think a little clearer, be all right with like aging gracefully, think about longevity and vitality as the same thing together. Like let's let's let's picture that future.
Speaker 2: Hm, I love. I mean I just think in closing, you know, getting a chance to obviously be a fan of a far from you because I didn't know you talking to your partner Dale and then what was your buddy's name? At the the New Everything the Google.
Speaker 1: Same shame Wizard the Wizard.
Speaker 2: I just love that obviously, the passion you guys speak with and the willingness and wanting to help. It's not to make a profit, it's to to to live longer. You know, Dale's was out there talking to me before we came. My goal is to have people living one hundred hundred and twenty hundred and fifty years from this kind of stuff. And I just think that's so dope, especially in today's day and age, because everything is about the bottom line, and you guys are doing it for a different reason. And that's why, you know, I wish you guys the best with this, because you guys are genuinely out here trying to help people and and and that's from kids to our grandparents. And just really want to commence you guys for your work and thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, along with.
Speaker 2: Jack, I definitely want to test some things out for you guys to see if we can help get to that to that ultimate goal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I mean thank you. Like I said that, having an audience like you're providing to share this story, I mean, that's really what it's about. We can we we're doing what we're doing, but the more people hear this and not everybody's listening. Not everybody's willing to listen. Once.
Speaker 2: He always saying, once it's a conversation, once it starts being a real conversation, I think that's when things start to move now that it's a conversation. So this is your closing.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, one one thing, Jack.
Speaker 5: After Over at the farm you spoke about you talked about the black and brown communities to be affected by sicknesses in their environments, whether that be like the Detroit situation with water just for people you know in the black and brown communities are still maybe apprehensive about mushrooms. Can you talk about like how like we have what we discussed over on the farmhouse, like they help some of the communities who are being sickened by there just the environments they are in from either big companies or industry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's a lot of chemical runoff and toxins that are left over a lot of these big cities. And it's not it's not usually where white people are living. It's people of color, and they're having a lot of sickness and maladies from from these toxins that have been dumped into the soil. And there's there's ways to get rid of it, you know, scoop it out, take us somewhere else, but that uncovers a lot of dust and a lot of still more. It's putting it out in the air. And this is micro remediation. So we've spent a lot of time talking about mushrooms for physical and mental health, where we haven't even scratched the surface on a lot of people doing the work for micro remediation, for cleaning up the water with the use of mycilium, or mushrooms like the oyster mushroom that has already shown and been gone through trials where it is removing toxins and PCBs and diesels from the earth. It's trans biotransmuting it back into its body and like cleaning up our soils, and so these places where people are subjected to live because they are low on the economic scale and they're sick, and no one's coming up with any answers. That's a lot of these I like to just say, I guess they're just fellow mushrooms out there trying to make a difference, and they're making materials leather out of out of mushrooms. I'm still wanting to make a football out of some mushroom leather and see if we can get that on the field on Sunday or somehow let them know, like there is a way to treat not just humans, but all living things with a little more reverence. And we're just scratching the surface. Man's that's the exciting part is we're just we're just barely stepping into this as a as a Western society. And if I you know, whoever's listening, thank you for listening, because you know this is the future. I think of some health and wellness not only for us, but for the for the grandmother Earth that we live on.
Speaker 3: I want to I want to stay in touch with you and the Wizard too, because he gave me some he educated me on some stuff that have helped my daughter with him with loops and stuff like that. So I want to stay in touch and get some stuff too.
Speaker 1: Yes, for sure, man. And that's like I said, just come in you guys for having your Antanna's out and paying attention, because like this is this something people need to read about out and hear about. And I'm glad to be able to chant. I'm just channeling it from a higher source, right Now, Mushroom's been around forever. This is nothing new, but it is in our culture. So thank you guys for coming out here to spend the time with this awesome crew. And I think we're going to eat some lines made you can't wait tacos that were some lines made from the farm.
Speaker 2: There we go, well, Jake, thank you, Dale, thank you and the rest of the team for having us out here. Definitely looking forward to continuing to follow your guys journey, learn some and also you know, medicate as well. So man, that's a wrap, Jake Plumber. All the smoke you can catch us on where are we at, DraftKings YouTube and all the smoke productions you two at.
Speaker 1: The r Peace Love and Mushroom.
Speaker 5: There we go, Rooms,