Speaker 1: Thanks the chronic goals. This is not your average shows.
Speaker 2: You're now tuned into the rail Ain't big Spells.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the gangst The Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and Black Effect podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles. For my Apple users, hit the purple Michael your front screen. Subscribed to Against the Chronicles, leave a five star rating and comment where it's appening. Y'all know what it is.
Speaker 1: This is another.
Speaker 3: Episode Against the Chronicles podcast. It's your boy big steal along with yere ain't the narrator and see he just listening to dude just had to just go and interest and to introduce itself. He just can't follow the protocols. No, but we got the narrator RB. Except in the house.
Speaker 1: What's going on? X man?
Speaker 2: Uh? Every day you just standing out the way more focused on the music that we grew up listening to, opposed to trying to cal taln fit in and follow the trends.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I think there's a hardcore element or the element that comes with our music can keep it sounding the same, give us the same the same emotions in the same vibe and you want to ride with it without speaking on this or that or violence or guns and stuff like that. We can still rock out at the party and you don't have to have a draco. So I've just been working on my music, trying to keep my the legacy that I build for myself, and it's trying to keep it alive and not letting nobody. Uh, but that's my dreams and with their skins.
Speaker 3: You know what, man, it seemed like the whole thing is based around controversy. Nowadays, everybody got this a versial angle to what they feel like they gotta did somebody or they got to talk about somebody.
Speaker 2: That goes to the point we got to make on that is we got a bunch of people that want to be stars, that want to live that rock star lifestyle, but don't necessarily have the talent to pull it through. So now you have, uh, whatever they can do to gain some type of momentum, whether it be the Jerry Springer style or the Rona Berry style. But yeah, it's a lot of That's.
Speaker 1: What I call it.
Speaker 3: Like Springer is just it Jerry Springer era. Everybody wants to bullshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and I think everybody want to be in this rap line like you know, and pull up in their mad actions and their big fancy house so they'll understand it. It's a lot to come with that. So, like I said before, when you don't got talent, real talent, and you ain't striving to pull a new style through or come with a new something that's real legit that people could really write down, they just got to come with a bunch of nonsense and write down people not trying to move forward strive. We got people that are striving. You got people that will thrive and strive. But then you got most people just gonna pick their phone up and be like oh what wow ooh, and that becomes entertainment. It's it's like lazy entertainment. So you ain't got to do nothing but wake up, dretch and turn your phone on. As soon as you put your phone on in the a EF, it's something before you can get out of bed.
Speaker 1: It's drama, Like I see something today I ain't.
Speaker 2: Gonna be going to. There's some suckers and ain't worth my YadA YadA, Well I oh YadA YadA this and I'm like, damn, I ain't even got out the bed.
Speaker 1: That well, we a lot of motherfuckers are addicted to drama. That a lot of people are renumbers, the ones that don't.
Speaker 2: Got no skills, the one that skills needed though today that game, Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't like as far as they don't like us, as far as our generation you're saying.
Speaker 2: That's why you're saying, because the young generation don't feel that we're needed at all.
Speaker 1: Na we we I never really they expect somebody like you to set the.
Speaker 2: Mic down and and move over for and basically paved way for for some young cat you might know right now, and and I possibly will. That is the thing. However, if the Almighty is given me the the voice, the mindset and it you know, uh juice, the go forward and can't nobody tell me nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm finna be out there like Mick Jagger till I'm ninety. You know.
Speaker 3: They they can't do that. They allowed to do that. They don't have no problem. I'm just get down, get missed.
Speaker 2: I see all the old rockers see and I attribute my career to the rock stars. Want to be a rock star. Okay, well, you know you got the clap things and the legs uplis and they rock forever. Huh what I'm rocking forever. I'm not gonna live no little weird kid coming in with the crap. Tell me what I can and can't do. Yeah, you know what, though, Man, I'm gonna tell you this. I don't like the bullshit. I don't like the drama, but sometimes it gotta be a dressed.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it gotta be addressed.
Speaker 2: That's if you don't put now, if you don't put the work in, and when your music come on, it don't sound like it's supposed to. Then he said, go shit your ass down.
Speaker 1: I got me.
Speaker 2: I got folks. That a jump in my chest right now. I actually was on that, like, man, I'm gonna send my ass down. I did something for one of the hermies and I started getting bong off.
Speaker 1: Nikki.
Speaker 2: You say, I'm good man, you come up with he this. I got a couple of dollars to do a verse on this. I do that.
Speaker 1: That's how the Hybernation Chevy album ended happening.
Speaker 2: I was depressed, okay. I had lost my neddy, my grandmother, my brother.
Speaker 1: I was like, down with rap. Fuck all rap niggas. This shit is fake.
Speaker 2: That's how I was feeling, uh, And I was like yeah, you know, and they was doing all this crap that he wasn't getting into. The Hommy called me grouchy. He was like, yeah, I know it. It is changing, he said, but there's a niche for your style of music. And we wasn't even Pokey Stone here. I was thinking Australia because Australia got a number left, but rather Australia Iroquois the Philippines. I was like, man, there's more than these weird those around here. So I started focusing on that, not so much ed M. I wasn't trying to change nothing. I just wanted to change the dynamics. I wanted to you know, I didn't want to just be regional. I wanted to be international.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You know what, I know exactly what to do with you. If you know what you need to be doing, you need to be hitting the Homie Fieldy back up from corn was how I was that money doing the rock show. It's way different in it, oh man, when that rock and roll ship dogs. You know what's crazy though, body Count man, the Homeboy man. Only there was some body count man.
Speaker 2: You know I got liquid metal. Yeah, it's already done. It's already produced. That no corny and do that one corns on you. Yeah it's a corn. It's a joint to us. I do joints some corn. You need to put that d monkey in here. Yeah, you need to put that out though that rock and roll anything on anything I didn't do, which I should have done and probably still can't because I never burned no bridges. I just still probably go call them Amy and get Jonathan to go work with something and do something with Jonathan. We were kill ship right now to this day. Shout out to all my rockers. They I know and I don't want to start saying names because I know them all from being on.
Speaker 1: The roll corner.
Speaker 2: That's a different type of bridge and I don't have to worry about none of that. The rap ship we deal with people.
Speaker 1: I remember I had the opportunity to venture off into the rock and roll.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you it's a bunch of motherfuckers that fuck with you over there.
Speaker 2: Give motherfuckers last. I'm working on the rock album. I'm gonna shell my niggas some ship, and I didn't give it to nobody.
Speaker 1: Everybody was asking, we asked what we check this out.
Speaker 2: When I do it, gotta be it's not that nefarious we're gonna try to.
Speaker 1: Pu No, this is my baby, you.
Speaker 2: I'm not finna give it to you for a nigga to play CEO or play something. No, it's got to be solidified. It's gotta be something that's solid. So when I give it to them, we already ready. It's not some more we're gonna see now. I ain't got time for these niggas to play games with my life. That's why I'm not over there.
Speaker 3: You know what I want to ask you something, man, It was something that bothered me. It really bothered me. I saw your former CEO had some dispirits and shit to say about you, and it was more in clown mode like.
Speaker 1: He was talking about fa tiny.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, so let's just address that glass big elephant in the room.
Speaker 1: First off. Yeah, I was in civilian clothes. I went to U n l V. Out of Heights school and.
Speaker 2: I didn't even play my twelfth grade year. I got a scholarship, a full ride scholarship in eleventh grade.
Speaker 1: You did so when.
Speaker 2: He seen me and I was in civilian clothes, Harbie Hie told all the trainers. This is going to be one of he wanted the fastest. Do not let him suit because I did. I ain't gonna lie one day.
Speaker 1: I suit it.
Speaker 2: They had some assistant coaches coaching, and you know the head coaches ain't around you all the time. He's doing this thing. The assistant coach didn't know. I slid off in the locker room and got sued. Pardon me, and got sued. But my leg breaks on it. But as you got because you had got hurt your senior year.
Speaker 3: And that's why I told somebody, I said, I'm not telling all the way.
Speaker 1: He who telling the whole truth? Is he do?
Speaker 2: He's he's he's not serving the people. The hold truth for nothing but the truth you once started. And I understand why he's doing that, since he's trying to get tracks and for some bullshit that he's doing, and he need to keep his name somewhat kind of relevant. Only way he could do that. He's used to death throw people, me, dads, corrupt Snoopy Drey. He can't say nothing good because he's enough various entity, so he gotta come with something. If you've listened to him, it's vocabulary and it goes past three hundred words.
Speaker 1: Bir stink y gotta YadA. You ain't really.
Speaker 2: That that right? You did, And it was a contradiction. When he first started he said, well, I don't usually talk about my rebel boo boo boo boo, but then commenced to talk about how my breast smell. So how you not gonna talk about the rebels just on your team, but go right into talking about the niggas's on your team.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not gonna come up here on this thing.
Speaker 2: I've seen some episodes and some other stories when cats get up there and incriminated.
Speaker 1: But he know what's happening. I InFine.
Speaker 2: Oh, but you could ask Wirm on the launder he was there. You could ask half Dead he was there. We could ask a few cats. So all that nonsense he talking.
Speaker 1: And I do know about one Internet with my boy Tony Lane Rolle. Oh my rolled up and change.
Speaker 2: And that's what I'm saying. See he not telling those stories, speak on that. They was trying to gobble me. I ain't gonna speak on the dog, you know what I'm saying. It's just it's too many stuff being funneled through. And I ain't fund to incriminate, to be thrown under the bus, but he tried it.
Speaker 3: Super hung out with more crips up with the baseball top, but he hung out.
Speaker 1: With his best friends. Was crips. It's some stories. I can't even speak on a love black tone, that's my guy. Yes, he did do that.
Speaker 2: Sugar Bear turned around. I mean like he's seeing a ghost and he talking to me so hard. I squared up the food.
Speaker 1: I squared up.
Speaker 2: They squared up. Sugar Free. Sugar Free come not giving no funks. He said, this is what people think that he's not just that niggas active. He was out there when goomed Free walked up, boom, we squared up. It's like two against eight at this time. Hey, you did, but it's it's they stepping.
Speaker 1: We squared up. I tell the homies get back to the back.
Speaker 2: We canna get him. I don't think black tone he was said that no. Sugar Free walked in rb X. Are we black Tom want to holler at you? He looked at shoes. I said, black Tom want to holler at you? And we looked up. Nigga Nigga Osama was up there and the oh my god, they was up there really really deep, and then Tonga like this jug turned around and get his ass up out of.
Speaker 1: There, get on with black tone on something. I'll have something heavy with him too.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He get him out of there fast. He say, he just stood up, He stood up. Just get on, get on.
Speaker 2: So then after that I was like, WHOA, that was kind of crazy. So often to do a lot. I get on the track and I'm walking around. All the cars is in the inside, low riders and ship. I'm walking around. Woo boo boom.
Speaker 1: I get to my nigga. We hollered real quick. Woo.
Speaker 2: Say, if you were to be slide about it, and We've been one hundred eight.
Speaker 1: Sent blake, Tom got me my first shake.
Speaker 2: Me and my nitty bird used to go up there all the time. And I'm not really no no baseball car kind of guy. But if I could run up on one of the Superrier collectors, collectors, collectors, I need some of those. I want a whole bunch.
Speaker 1: I just want the ones you see, just a few of the ones.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Uh, I think I would have had loved to have a Fernando car.
Speaker 1: You know. I like classic shit like that this Nanto shipped for the City La.
Speaker 2: When Nando came down like man Nanto striking everybody. Yes, I do I know eight little riot, Yeah I do. I did a little low rid. I just seen the dudes just sitting there for like five grand and saw rusted out because I wouldn't buy nobody else is ship. I gotta buy mine, ragged d You got to laugh at me the first month. That's if you don't, you ain't gonna do the course on me. I mean the vote. My first rider was told up. You got to have it, my first my started board, and that's how you get it.
Speaker 1: That's how it is your rider. If you if you don't do.
Speaker 2: That, you don't know the ideo syncracies in your car and know what they do.
Speaker 1: I don't know it does that. But if you kick it and tick, that's your car.
Speaker 3: The homie just you know, as a matter of fact, the homie just, I'm gonna show you all these pictures afterwards. The glass has sent me these pictures. Though he looked like he end up singing love somewhere this regglar ass car. I'm like, dog, what did you pay? What is you doing with that?
Speaker 1: He said?
Speaker 3: Just watch and see, and I don't been seeing them build it up over a little time. I see what he's doing with it. I'm like, okay, that's what you do.
Speaker 2: Okay, anything else is wasize you could go buy somebody else's car. But I'm gonna tell you when you go to the hood where that car came from. First, nigga gonna be like, Okay, well you so and so's car, it's not even gonna be your car.
Speaker 1: They'd be like, I say, you bought that car from YadA YadA. That's Joe.
Speaker 2: Buy a car like nah, niggas, my ship is done, nigga, Nigga, that's his collar right here.
Speaker 1: Nigga there, nigga, you gonna have to go tell that f had going on. You mightn't hear some of his problem, Oh you will.
Speaker 2: You never know if he in a situation that's better to build, better to ship only goofyes, go buy a car from somebody that don't know. But like, show me you're a long rider and then driving around in that nigga shit, that's like we're in a nigga letter mine. You gotta do something different. You gotta change the wheels off top. If it ain't got no draws. You gotta do that. You gotta come with some pain, just you gotta switch it. Downd.
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't want to ask y'all boat some shit, right because I was just thinking about this shit because it seems like it's more lit in the streets today with the violence and stuff like that. You know, cats getting smoked in their cities and stuff. But I remembering the nineties, they was running, They was running y'all tape. So do it seem like it's worse now?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Like the music don't kind of got more kind of like not as strong as it was, but it was y'allays catching more attention on the violence in y'all shit. But it's more violent today.
Speaker 2: I would, Yeah, it's more violent today because we were coming from an entertainment standpoint. I mean, yeah, shit happened, but we were talking like I'm gonna bust your head open lyrically. These guys now they're talking about busting your head open figuratively and they gonna go get a drake or shoot at you. They an't make a rap about it the night that part. You know, we wasn't doing that our era. We ourselves. I mean, let's just let's just put it in perspective, Southern California was invested, was invested with gangs. From the time I grew up as a seventies kid, there were gangs, you know, and so getting in the transition of music, it was more frowned upon us to be representatives because of who we had to deal with as far as our music and companies were concerned. The white people fromped upon our aspect of what we were. We were saying, it was messages we were trying to get off to people to let them know about this lifestyle. Okay, but you know it was frowned upon back then in the days when we first started the NWA's the Countess most wanted, you know, the ice cubes, the death rows, you know, because a lot of us transition from the neighborhood into music. Okay, and let's just face it, you just couldn't be a neighbor You just couldn't be a nigga off the block out the hood and get a record deal.
Speaker 1: You're getting me the.
Speaker 2: First thing somebody's gonna be saying, even the CEOs with that nigga from today, with with with the with the simplicity and putting out music. I don't need an executive or CEO to okay my ship.
Speaker 1: I can't put my ship out myself right and then, and.
Speaker 2: As as as X was trying to stay, as he was stating earlier, the talent the depreciated, it depreciated from niggas.
Speaker 1: We wanted to be MC's.
Speaker 2: We didn't want to be gang bangers on the mic, even though we.
Speaker 1: Came from that. We really uh uh.
Speaker 2: Right we we We prided ourselves on being true mcs. Like I didn't think about when I went into the studio. I didn't think about dis in whoever my neighborhood was beefing with. I didn't think about dissing niggas I went to high.
Speaker 1: School with who was who was what they call ops?
Speaker 2: Now, you know, I thought when I got on the mic, I wanted to rap hard like a rock him or they wasn't talking about Oh I'm gonna I'm gonna go over like I'm gonna go around there. We know niggas was doing drive bys and we came from the gang element, but we prided ourselves on wanting to be true mcs. Today, I think with the differences with the violence and music, and you.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of like niggas are still in the hood, right.
Speaker 2: We got a lot of young, young generation niggas who's still coming up in the hood music is there, right, It's a different We used to spray paint on the walls and cross out niggas and whatever. When that's beefing with us, that's real hood beef. Right. Nowadays, nigga, I can go on my kitchen and get on the mic and go fuck the niggas across the.
Speaker 1: Street, right, and that's how.
Speaker 2: And then on top of that rhyme, on top of that, I can grab my nigga right here with a camera and now we're gonna go in the backyard and shoot a video with all our guns and ship, and then we're gonna go fuck them niggas around the corner. It's not really I don't know if they really on the I want to be in MC as as opposed to I want to get on the mic and Discman.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you now, all that ship is coming to a thing. Because I was watching some ship the other day and I was like, wow, they seeing this one cat out here had some the whole thing with Little Dirt's me and got when the whole ship would little dirt and this man. Anyway, somebody wound up getting smoked. All of this ship is real ship that's being played out on these podcasts dog and I'm like, man, these niggas, Man needs to be a code of silence. Well, everybody's telling.
Speaker 2: Everything why Why because they shot them, where they shot them, and why they win because they because the Internet and social media and content creation has made the code of being authentic go away. Because everything is about bread. Everything is about money on content. You ain't got no stacks. I'll be seeing Louke with with with like I mean, like you know, I.
Speaker 1: Like you know what I mean. Records, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, Records I made in the past on major labels.
Speaker 1: And and.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say that money wasn't but money wasn't like.
Speaker 1: Man, I was.
Speaker 2: Happy to just to do a record, man, and get in the magazine.
Speaker 1: Man, and go on a promo tour and ship like that.
Speaker 2: I didn't necessarily oh royalty checks and public checks and all. I really wanted to be an artist, even though I was in the hood and we were selling cracking and a nigga was banging and toting straps and you know, hitting niggas up who passed through and whatever. When I grabbed a mic, I wanted to be an artist. I didn't want to be a motherfucking content rapper like nigga. I'm finna get on the microphone and just start thissing nigga. And a lot of niggas feel that because I had a young nigga tell me once this, and a nigga felt like he could climb the ladder faster by this, and niggas you feel me like herd I get heard faster and quicker that if.
Speaker 1: I dis a nigga, that's it's just it's just the way it is. Man.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is, man. And I always tell people, if we came on this motherfucker talking about you football program, we just gave a couple of dollars to the United Way, would nobody watched that ship.
Speaker 2: But if we come on here talking about, oh man, what happened with this stuff knocked out? Man, it's gonna get millions of view It's gonna get attention, negativity. Just drive the space now, bro. Yeah yeah, but that's that's man, My nigga, My nigga, Rest in peace.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I used to ask him all the time because he loved ship like that. He loved those shows where the bitches be fighting and the niggas be in this ship and then they like and I and I like and and to me, man, he loved that ship.
Speaker 1: Man, but he loved that ship.
Speaker 2: And then he didn't know why, but it was it was just like he would sit up like a gossiping He would sit up like a gossiping female and be like, oh, the show coming on tonight.
Speaker 1: He got a new episode getting ready to come on, and I'll be on the phone like, nigga, why do you watch that ship?
Speaker 2: Like I'll be like, honestly, it's embarrassing to me, like because it's always some sisters or some niggas or you know, it's always us. And I was so embarrassed on me. They was asshole niggad and I'm like, we gotta do better. And people just riding by just looking it, and they outside ted out, hoochie.
Speaker 4: Loved it, you know, you know, you knowing by man, that's so and so and then so and so and spipping with so and so and then so and so and then big so and so came in and.
Speaker 2: I'm like nigga, you love that ship. I said, I can't stand it because it's embarrassing to me.
Speaker 1: It's embarrassing. We look bad. I'm saying, I think we gotta do better. People like man, this is.
Speaker 2: Even worse than Gary Springer because Gary Finger had rules and they would get to a certain point. I look, Jerry Springer to me was scripted.
Speaker 1: You know. It was like it was like this ship, like this ship.
Speaker 2: It ain't It's just we're gonna take this broad and then we're gonna take this broad.
Speaker 1: We're gonna put them in the room together. We're gonna let them.
Speaker 2: Start talking ship back and forth to each other because it's gonna be some people.
Speaker 3: Around the company. I'm gonna tell you something. Shout out to my homeboy, Big Big ham A d Anthony DALs. Me and him play ball to get the Long Beach City College.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: He told me, man, come up here and hang out with me. He had a security for suits network.
Speaker 2: Right. So I go up there and they're letting people from the audience. They letting people from the general audience come in to watch the taping. Now right, it's girls and the audience that want to be down so bad that they jumping up about the audience, trying to fire on the bitches that's on the set.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: They want to get soft. They starting to fight something, just start just getting cracking. Bomb on his white girl because she's like, I'm I'm I'm the baddest big shot here. I want to be a bad and just bomb on his white girl. Like you can't be no bady bitch going out there. I'm take your seat. It's like, like, what I this is what I say. I said.
Speaker 1: It has gotten to the point where.
Speaker 2: Motherfuckers do whatever they can do, whatever they do, what they.
Speaker 1: Do, whatever I'm gonna get I think.
Speaker 2: I see. I hate to say b name, but I ain't gonna disrespect. But he was out there fight anybody. H B you're doing this for that the forest kip, I don't know.
Speaker 1: They swore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a couple of them swore. Little young niggas walking right here. I'm like, bro, you're not from here. You're gonna get killed. That's TV ship. I understand TV. You can't just fight anybody in LA because that's what you're talking about the four extra kit because he is from from forties for extra Oh no, I actually like for off the Back. Yeah, I'm like off the Back. I was like, I'm right, God, I ain't talking about him. It's another nigga. I don't even think he from here. I think he's from Florida. But he was talking about one song before. They think he's gonna just I say, man, there's so many idiosyncrasies with this l A neists.
Speaker 1: You don't know. You could be.
Speaker 2: Here ten fifteen years and not know all the nues this nigga. I really like, what, oh, you gotta know it. You can't just get to talking about it. Get just some monsters out here. Some of them ain't all rah ray and you jump out wool woo on the They're not gonna say much. They're just gonna be a small little share your ass up.
Speaker 1: Now. You canna be a small little can you dude? Be a fed rocket and gonna be like you're gonna do what the who? God?
Speaker 2: Fighting is in certain settings something California. In certain settings you don't go like California years a land of the squabble. California.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you squabbled it up and he got that thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's those are the days of yester year. Yeah, I mean yeah, and we still got those ways. And then they even turning that into like content. Now, got me get that fade, Let me get that fade. Like now even squabbling where the nigga has turned into content.
Speaker 1: You feel me because you.
Speaker 2: See every nigga on the podcast or on the show talking about m A and yeah, I'm ready to fight.
Speaker 1: And then oh, I seen this one cat boy. He was funny though, who you aren't, who you aren't, where you're from, knock you him?
Speaker 2: I'm catching oh, Budy, but he was crazy.
Speaker 1: He was like, I'm like, how Bean? How how Bean? Famous?
Speaker 2: And getting some type of celebrity status has as it's not even built on like artistic talent like motherfuckers who draw or take pictures of people who.
Speaker 1: Write songs or you know.
Speaker 2: Now now now it's like nigga, I'll fade you.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like some of these niggas, Oh, some of these niggas is damn there are age older.
Speaker 2: It's just and and that's what's so unfortunate because I don't know when I grew up.
Speaker 1: And everybody when I grew up in the.
Speaker 2: Street world, and I grew up in the neighborhood ship. Niggas wasn't questioned to be famous. Niggas just wanted to be from be in the hood.
Speaker 1: Make my bread not so much famous.
Speaker 2: What would make you famous is you putting up to one of the if it's nice shit, a cameo, some.
Speaker 1: You know, something really clean with some datings on it. You the man.
Speaker 2: You got brand new daytings on some real days, I mean like not curved with the ones, just brand new, like out the that's lot. My brother was simple, simple ship. My brother was one of those. My brother was like, yeah, I used to put on that. You know what I'm saying, I just give me a luxury sport on some days I'm slidging.
Speaker 1: Wait and you really he ain't.
Speaker 2: Lying though, Yeah, I never thought when I was coming up in the rap game, it never uh. I was never indulged by going to buy BMW or Merce Nigga.
Speaker 1: I would and brought me a cutlast with the.
Speaker 2: Euro front end and put some brand new datings from Performance Nigga from Performance Plus got me some brand new datings out the box, and I put a naughty steering wheel on my ship, said staff. She staff was out there doing this thing. She Steff said, oh, yes, uh you want this car? And I'm like which one? He said to Kel, I you got to get the seat to seats was broke every I was like the eighty four brown with the light blue, dark blue top, dark blue pin strike cold. I said, yeah, I got to see what and I put something.
Speaker 1: Where it's the seats already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm read sheet up and then next thing I knew, I ready to put some some chrome with the gold was on the life blute lack and I'm swatting a round.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what, wasn't even tripping.
Speaker 2: I didn't think I needed whole one hundred and fifty thousand dollar coloring to be successful. I was riding around in my car with fucked up seats, feeling like the man I'm on dates.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to get too close to the curb and nothing. And that's how it was, you know, I think simpler tied. So it was simpler. Now. Now now we got catch that, you know, being influenced by other catches being influenced, right, I said, big rass the catchers. And I'm not saying that as a bad thing for brig Ross. Ricky doing his thing, but catches looking and seeing, Oh I want to make maybe I could coloring in it. Well, that cost a lot of money.
Speaker 1: You gotta go.
Speaker 2: You know how they used to say that our generation influenced a lot of the niggas coming up under us to be gang banging young niggas and.
Speaker 1: Do all kinds of ship. Do you feel that.
Speaker 2: The imagery of what a lot of rappers put out, you know, cause niggas put out the ball and now ball and I was selling I was selling keys, or I was in the hood.
Speaker 1: You know, bigga's got to change.
Speaker 2: And do you think that influences the youth to to feel like that they have to reach that status to be recognized.
Speaker 1: I don't know, and the chances that.
Speaker 2: They might want to take to get in that position, because you know, it's a lot of niggas on the internet who rapping?
Speaker 1: Who are who is this nigga?
Speaker 2: But damn, this nigga got a thousand chains and he got fifty cars and ship, so you know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of watered.
Speaker 2: Damn what niggas have done is.
Speaker 1: I used to love wearing jewelry.
Speaker 2: The only one that I think you we used to see that the trucks of jewelry like that and just stunt on. The fool would be slicked withick and that was acceptable because that's that that that Ricky, then go do your thing.
Speaker 1: But nowadays.
Speaker 2: Cash is putting on all kinds of bullshit and they done water it down.
Speaker 1: So now everybody got on the ice.
Speaker 2: Tech chain with the wool Wild Wild Wi and it's just like a commonplace.
Speaker 3: Well you know what, they started buying that ship from the back of the Source magazine.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. And it's become it's watered down. It's become common place to see somebody with a bunch of bullshit on.
Speaker 1: So when you even if you see.
Speaker 2: Somebody with some super stunting, has less value because you've just seen all this fake ship for the last five or six nights.
Speaker 1: Say you're not in, you're not.
Speaker 2: In, you're not in fresh like niggas knocking off with all the change.
Speaker 3: Well you know what, man, The thing is the ship is starting to hit the fan now, man, because you got people getting Rico wax Man, the only big you're gonna call him a Rico dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I stay up out the people. I mean they tried to run some Rico, some of some of my loved ones in Long Beach. It just beat that ship because they was trying to stick ship that was unfounded because they're trying to get shit to stick when it when it comes to other people's business, like reco shit, it don't turn the Long Beach. I'll just be like, I don't know. We just got to wish you the best. Number one, that ain't my business because I ain't from yourset. And number two, when they get all here's the thing, we get all televised with it, which, as you understand, it throws into a whole nother perspective because if a lot of motherfuckers wasn't knowing all the dynamics, you know, now everything is all on the internet, so it just makes everything look more enhanced.
Speaker 1: Well, it's almost like you can't get a fair trouble everything because it was some ship that came out of that. Never heard that. I'm not gonna repeat, but I'm like, damn you, damn why you did that? Okay, so now I'm already influenced, but were like, damn, well, why you do that? But for you, it's for them potential jewels here streets. Damn my nigga.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 1: Like that. And that's what.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say his name, but the influence, I wouldn't call him an influencer. The rohna ercs that the gossip. Oh he did this and I got paperwork on him and all. I don't know when that became famous, like all niggas, I got paper I got stashing PaperWorks on niggas. Huh, they got a conversation would stop if you could be talking to money, you got okay, like real quick, Hey niggas, we're gonna do no adam Twell's we ain't gonna do no plend of that. We already know cout okay, Yeah nah, I'm solid ribe.
Speaker 1: Yeah man, I don't know. I don't see this ship coming to no end.
Speaker 2: So it's coming. It's coming to a end because all of the ones is striving to do something, you know, the reptables and whatnot. Ain't nobody trying to go up to you. Ain't nobody trying to do nothing like that. It's slowly they tainted that.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know style of podcasting, go up here and spill your guts.
Speaker 2: Okay, that style is. They don't play that. They don't play that you can go up there and get some information. Now, as soon as you go up there and get the spilling you I forgot I think his name.
Speaker 1: I think he's from It wasn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't uh forty, but it was another little cat he's for forty faces tied it up. Adam twelve asking something. Yeah, I call you man twelve. Adam twelve, ask you something. My nigga just looked at him. He said, oh, so.
Speaker 1: You were woo who woo wh wh why woo who woo?
Speaker 2: Didn he asked him something else. He said, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Then he asked them, yeah, so you over there when who woo woo?
Speaker 1: Who woo woo woo Wow.
Speaker 2: That was just what a niggas I seen on him. That's what we need. He said that niggas want to be celebrities. That's doing his day. He's yeah, I'm just going I don't know. I don't understand, Like for any nigga who you know came from this that walk of life, we want.
Speaker 1: To go out there and just spill it be here. It was all.
Speaker 2: It's just just like I'm saying, like I came from a neighborhood and the niggas that I looked at as older niggas or old geez.
Speaker 1: It was a just it was a cold even know it's always been that.
Speaker 2: It's always been like this cold, even back to whatever, you know what I'm saying, and that hard the ship, that the ship that got John Gotti in trouble, you know, stop wanting to get on magazine covers and talk to the press and all that type of shit.
Speaker 1: Harker is to.
Speaker 2: So we grew up with a certain way of life and ethics and and whatnot.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of kids that's just flying.
Speaker 2: In from out of space that's been influenced by that and think that's shit real you feel me.
Speaker 1: They don't know the dynamics of the game. Bangs.
Speaker 2: Then then they fly out here and now they're thinking they gotta be super turned up, And Maddie, you're gonna get you have to really be.
Speaker 1: Born in this ship. You can't be an implant.
Speaker 2: You can't come and just land and then be here a few years and think you know the ways.
Speaker 1: You might know some things, but you don't know the ways.
Speaker 2: That you have got you out that you and out here went to elementary school with some niggas and then and then came up like that, like, yeah, you can't just come out here and know the way.
Speaker 1: It's cause niggas gonna figure nigga.
Speaker 2: And that's when you get paid in your weakness, even if you is a strong individual from that neighborhood, when you're doing too much, it's gonna be a point in time somebody gonna be like, I don't like cut.
Speaker 1: Who's cutting.
Speaker 2: Somebody's gonna belying nigga ain't killing to me? Was cut on nigga, And they gonna get the flying on you because you ate from there. You was an implant. Now the niggas that's from there boy there. Yeah, they ain't gony that say because you know, if Auntie Mama, cousin Uncle Jimmy, when you're gonna have problems. But if you just flying in and you don't really have no foundation, it's just you and you came down here to beat your cousin, nigga'll knock your nigga head off if y'all get the ball too hard. Yea for restive.
Speaker 1: Niggas, I mean't around you anyway.
Speaker 3: Well, you know one thing I've been mean, niggas fled. One thing I've been meaning to ask. You told me on some whole different shit. I see that the whole bunch, you know, Snoop got different records. Not right, I see the Dog Pound don't put out an album on I saw the east Side is put out something. If we go wherever, get RBX, Lady of Rage, anything like that, jumping off.
Speaker 2: I don't think so I tried. Hey, I ain't no, I really have tried. Snoke told me picked tracks and everything I did, all everything came back my nigga. It ain't hollered at me. I ain't bad, though, I ain't bitter. That's why we rent did hypid nationships. Okay, the hyper lationship is which I told you I was. I wasn't calling, I didn't call, wasn't tapping me, and I wasn't trying to be you know, because I feel the same way about shit like I'm there, I'm just I'm just me.
Speaker 1: Fuck, I'm not gonna bega what a nigga? Where I am? That is where I'm supposed to be. Right. You got a lot of fans who feel like, oh, X man, you should be.
Speaker 2: You, you know you should be here, and they fucking you man, And how come they don woof the wom and then I try to tell motherfuckers, I'll be like, you know something, I'm where I'm at because.
Speaker 1: This is where I'm supposed to be.
Speaker 2: In all honesty, Snoop Dogg is really, really, really my loved one. That's really my cousin. He got his little quirky ways what everybody do. Of course, he's asked me, come on man over. I don't want to be no start Snoopy.
Speaker 1: He tried to thrust me into a lot of things.
Speaker 2: If I'm not feeling it, I'm not feeling it, Okay. I never came into this when when when he first took me to Dre's crib, I told Dre, I ain't trying to be on the record.
Speaker 1: I ain't trying to be on the record.
Speaker 2: I said, I came to bring Snoopy out here for Snoopy to get on the record because he ain't had no go back.
Speaker 1: To well we speaking on my raggedy ass seventy three. He did it was right.
Speaker 2: I ain't could barely make it, but I got Snoop out there because I wanted Snoop to do something because I knew niggas at Long Beach was killing I ain't want him to get killed up. Shot up you did because nomn my mama and his mama Beverly, So that impact go hit my mama. So let me go. He didn't get out the hood either. The niggas ain't doing nothing but shooting. You know.
Speaker 1: YadA YadA got shot last night.
Speaker 5: Said going to get back of the now ladies got the munchy nigga up there and he got the shooting and killed a nick I said, yeah, no, I got off work, jumped in my trade because sometime it starts of time it good.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you gotta hit the start, bump that start. You got bumped the starter with that scowl drive and don't work. Nigga. He nigga niggas.
Speaker 2: Trade in my trade. That started, go out there yet they put that ahead up. Take that screw driver. Nigga teeth was grinding. I'm like, man, you gotta kick back. You sneak gonna start. We get back.
Speaker 1: Then he got his little moves and ship they started.
Speaker 3: So they called up in front of drays, big ass cream with your with your whip up.
Speaker 1: I don't know nothing.
Speaker 2: I know that still don't I don't know nothing about trying to appease people's egos, and I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't care what you say. Yeah, nigga, my car got four wheels.
Speaker 2: And stir the gas and this moine and I will run you on one wheel. I use it well one tie cause I ain't have fathers back there.
Speaker 1: One tie was tear up. I ain't there.
Speaker 2: I pulled up and with the work. Now sug didn't like the car. He's the one that got my car. Told she'd got your car. Told yeah, cause it was it was I was working on. I had a bench. I had got a bench just like everybody else's. But I wasn't really comfortable driving it. I really wasn't I it.
Speaker 1: I'd have it. It was part it.
Speaker 2: I'd get my seven tray that that's where I felt comfortable in. Then they got it. Told because I took it to the solar building on the corner and it was under the day and we was working on something and it wouldn't start. They started issues. I'm like, you know, I don't feel like I fuck put this car that got the right drive me along beach. I said, I'll come back and get it later. Jumped in my bench and went to check on it and sug had it toe. He was like, oh, yeah, that's hap sheudn't say. He don't want to know of this artists riding around no rackety ass cars like that.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, that's what's I ain't argue or nothing, that's what up. He said. He wanted all your benses and ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah I had one, but he didn't know and he didn't bite.
Speaker 3: You played when you found out he was the CEO of Death Roll that that trip you out because you played ball with him? Who when you found out that ship was the CEO of Death Row?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well, no, it didn't trip me out because like I said, then, ain't she ain't dried up?
Speaker 1: No you here man? That was some random mass ship though. No, yeah, cause I just fell skim.
Speaker 2: Okay, I said, when you found out ship was the CEO of Death Road that tripped you out when you first because you you met trade first, right, Okay, So how that happened was we riding with Uh, I'm I'm bringing Snoop to to Drey house and he was telling me about uh this big old dude name Should. I'm not thinking should should like my should like my nigga said, when you and l e. I wasn't thinking that. I was like, okay, the niggay, So we go somewhere.
Speaker 1: We're doing something. Were working.
Speaker 2: First it was Rage Raise saying I probably was looking kind of curting. We glad sisters brother and I asked him take one of him to Dick, come up the whole the mount and chip.
Speaker 1: So Rage came in.
Speaker 2: We gotta getta and uh uh said, I see Death Brothers just signing anybody right now. I thought this was finna be something exclusive. He said, signing anybody right now? I said, you want me to spit some first? She said no attitude. She didn't know I had spitch. I say nothing. I just walked around like a mild man, like like Clark Kent. But she was talking about shoot, yeah they should walk. Then she's saying talents, you know all football, but we call you just a lot of last night talents. Should I said, what you're doing for here? I said, Snooke my cousin. He said, oh okay. At this time it was future shot. It wasn't no Death bro. I'm like okay. I said, well, I'm gonna stay down with the situation just because of Snoop being my little cousin. But I finally be all in the video then and I'm just gonna be here the whole mind damn. And that's kind of how that started. And then at that point he was like, nah, I need this niggas on the record. She should was like, I know you ain't finna have Collins on me. You sprain up all me at you an LV. It was like that, nigga, nice ship didn't know because we didn't hang out. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Raised I'm change that too, when you got up there doing this, didn't Yeah, everybody changed. They to him.
Speaker 2: Uh, I think you ever heard it of all? Yeah, no, nobody heard that. That was done at about four thirteen in the morning. You know what I'm saying here? Uh not a storm plural make Yeah, that was that was done. That was That was a freestyle. That was a free style. You want a free state, you want that ship already? No, I didn't one take Jake freak Stown. I was giving Drake. He was like, nigga, what would you do to this? He said, Hey, look at this dragon. I'm like, okay, cool boo boom boo boom. He said, what would you say to this? And I was just waking up. I hadn't smoking nothing. Seven execution. He said, ooh, that sound hard getting the booth, so he went to the booth to put it on, and I just freaked out as long as I could to start kind of falling off, and Drake said, come here and ask about it. And I was like, okay, hold on, Drey, let me get my shit together. I thought he was playing. He was like, nah, nigga, you said some shit I did, I said, but I ain't really, I ain't warmed up yet. He said, Nigga, come your ass out the booth and I'll say what you mean. Never in the whole time of doing no recording with Drake, have you go do something one time and come up about that.
Speaker 1: Nigga's gonna make you do it thirty times. I can't do it just like that.
Speaker 2: One more time, just like that with the essence, Just one more time, okay, with the said, but one more time, just like that.
Speaker 1: So when he said come out after the first take, I just knew he was.
Speaker 2: Some bullshit and that nigga said nah, niggas, you did that, and I didn't hear it again until they finished it. I didn't know what I said that nigga took their part to put the bom in in all kinds of shit, So.
Speaker 1: That was on take.
Speaker 3: So you wasn't there. How about the strand on Death Row? Was you did when Bushwick was there? Yeah, because they was almost over there, Big Mike.
Speaker 2: Lord, they was three to three to the Big Mike and three two week they left the week before it got started.
Speaker 1: But they were supposed to before them. Is my niggas, it was supposed to be the first. All that.
Speaker 2: And listen, let me say this too, because Cash be asking me, did Lord three two and Big Mike influenced yesterday?
Speaker 1: The fuck? Did them? Is my family members? They was with us. I was battling.
Speaker 2: I was battling with Big Mike and uh three two at least three or four times at.
Speaker 1: The apart that apartment.
Speaker 2: Mike to me used to be lighting that ver Mike could get none, Big Mike, he said, yeah, yeah, I remember that whole scenario. Because we didn't want we came up with that. We came up with the Death Row. Name me Unknown slipping. She sitting at Hamburger Hamlet and Unknown came in and we was having a meeting about some c M dub ship and he said, they looking for it. Dre and nim Is finished start a new label, and they looking for a name, and Unknown was like, h you can go over there and you can write and blah blah blah. Right, and so he said, they trying to come up with a name for it, and then we came up with the name death Row and we spelled it like death jam D E F R O W, and they had it was GF death Row. At first they had leather coats and everything with the and before Unknown had one. And then yeah, Unknown took some money from SUG to do some beats, and at the time we was working on the music. That's I said. I knew all the whole set up Amar three to two being out there, big mic.
Speaker 1: They were supposed to be baby.
Speaker 2: They were supposed to be the first group on Death Row, a big mic and three two and they left and went back home. And then that's how everything else, and that's how the name changed to death and whatever. But yeah, I knew all about that, about the whole So Big Mike wasn't serving that ass every day. He never, I never, I never got served facts. Call anybody, you call anybody, I got witnesses Joe stupid to get served by nobody till never ever, because you know I call it.
Speaker 1: You could call.
Speaker 2: You can't call lords be too, rest in peace. You can call uh raide, you could call half dead. Now you could call big ill rest rest of peace. You can't call me hell with you and Tier but c staff all the once. It was not like it was, man, you know what, I got to show you the winging Sea Style. I talked the Sea Style. Maybe yeah, that's the only Yeah, that's the only style with us.
Speaker 1: And style. I did some ship for Big Sea Style on the nineteenth Street project. Yes indeed, yes, indeed.
Speaker 2: Nineties buddy, So all that is where we came from. So that's why I felt comfortable. Matter of fact, well we didn't have no coloring it. Sea Style gave us the blue money crawled over the slide around. Then he said, aruaid, you got to stay your ass and.
Speaker 1: Come to They used to go through uh.
Speaker 2: Down Long Beach Boulevard on the sixty and I had to go past them apartments on green leave and when everybody be out, And that makes it, boy, if the Nicks were of the new albums for Long Beasts bigger that I would have been, I would have had to run that way toward old Hood.
Speaker 1: Uh down mother fire. Yeah, because it was when.
Speaker 2: My folks was at and I said, man, we got to get our said say so, I just got finished texting to Peter Man.
Speaker 1: Peter Man said, X know what it was. I actually serve that is. I'm like, that's getting robbed.
Speaker 2: Dn't get round up because Couln't nobody fade me. That's you why they fade me? And I wasn't even trying. Oh and I'm gonna tell you something I did here. That nigga Scarface said, you was down there in Houston one time and you was busting up this thing and you shut the whole ship down.
Speaker 1: You remember that happening? I do.
Speaker 2: And then they went and beat up the police. I was like, oh, these niggas, I've never seen that in my life. Eight these niggas jumped on the laws. So we was rapping with was me, bush Wig, Scarface and Snoopy. We do all those things.
Speaker 1: We walk out. We miled for it.
Speaker 2: I think I might have had a drink or something, but the spot was over. That was like the grand finale and were walking out and ship at that time. I don't know nothing about security. I don't know that I'm a celebrity. I'm just walking out with everybody else. And then Houston police pulled up and it was two of them. They got separated because the other one kind of kept rolling me and them niggas say, man fucked them laws.
Speaker 1: And all it took was one nigga to say it, Man fucked them laws. Get crazy, man, they fuck me laws.
Speaker 2: Didn't you know that niggas had the police car surrounded. Wow, I'm like, we crazy getting there. Like, but we don't attack the police. We don't show we don't attacked police. Man. We let them motherfuckers go and get on bout they visit all them niggas fucked them loud, They attacked them.
Speaker 1: Boo snatched them out of the car, cars around. He can't do nothing. They snatch his gun everything. Man, Man, I really appreciate you coming up here all the time the time. Now, I'm gonna keep working on some things, bro. So I'm a building girls.
Speaker 2: I don't plan on bounce down right, I don't plan I'm gonna increase my girls, so you know, and I got some things coming down the pipeline.
Speaker 3: And you're for that, man, You can come up here and sit down right with the homies and let the world know what's happening.
Speaker 1: All right, expecial y'all know what it lives.
Speaker 3: And we out of here on that note. Yeh yeh man, that was some good ship fun. What you mean, Yeah, you know, I just taket Big Mike, Big Mike say if man.
Speaker 1: That Nigi motherfucking oh, he's got a ride back out there.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: That's why I was like, I kept asking, what time is it? What time is I don't want you about two. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: If you don't get out of here, you know what, once you get past here, it's gonna be all.
Speaker 1: Day, once you get paid. I got stopped by con Lee, so I'm out of here.