Speaker 1: Now really.
Speaker 2: Really really hello everybody. I am today. I'm excited. I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I'm swinging on a star, I'm happy from a fall.
Speaker 2: Why are you looking at me like I'm crazy?
Speaker 3: I'm excited about an episode across three grand No, I just made up a song unless you want to pay me.
Speaker 2: That was a free though. I gave that to you. Gratus. Wow.
Speaker 3: Today's episode, as you know, we get into an area that has excited me for as long as I can remember. You and I are probably in very different positions on this, and you're wrong. So this begins with our really really really no really right, may I?
Speaker 1: Yes? Please?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: So there's a house oversight here. Yes, there was that basically called on people. The government's now saying we want to hear from people, right, and they did this hearing and some stuff was by so called experts. Yes, it was pretty shocking. Yes about UFOs. Here's one of the clips from that particular hearing.
Speaker 4: You say that the government is in possession of potentially non human spacecraft. Based on your experience and extensive conversations with experts, do you believe our government has made contact with intelligent extraterrestrials?
Speaker 5: Something I can't discuss in public setting.
Speaker 4: If you believe we have crashed craft stated earlier, do we have the bodies of.
Speaker 2: The pilots who piloted this craft?
Speaker 5: As I've stated publicly already in my News Nation interview, biologics came with some of these recoveries.
Speaker 4: Yeah, were they, I guess human or non human?
Speaker 2: Biologics non human?
Speaker 5: And that was the assessment of people which recknowledge on the program I talk to that are currently still on the program.
Speaker 3: Really no, really, and I say, really yes, So we wanted to well, I'm very excited. I'm very excited that man was a was a major David Grush, major military man has has he knows that he knows said.
Speaker 1: That's what we're going to talk about. That with experts coming on a second, we're going to talk about conspiracy theories in general and also.
Speaker 3: The conspiracy This is reality. Stop it, stop it. Let's get right to our guests.
Speaker 2: All right, Would you like to introduce some Michelle doctor Joshua because he is a member of my academic community, as you know.
Speaker 3: Welcome to please. Doctor Joshua Senator, a professor of electrical and computer engineering as well as the director of the Center for Space Physics at Boston University, my alma motel, where I currently hold a doctorate myself.
Speaker 1: May I just say, before we go further, please the difference between your doctorate and his doctorate and Laura, get ready to bleep. This is yours is.
Speaker 2: Your total. He's got a real doctor. I don't have a BS. I have a BA.
Speaker 1: My doctorate's a BA, which means a big, gigantic.
Speaker 2: Artificial You're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: Doctor Simmerd is one of sixteen aerial space experts appointed by NASA charged with studying UAPs, not UFOs anymore u aps unidentified aerial phenomenon and creating a roadmap to better observe, study, and ultimately identify UFOs. Over a nine month period, the team has analyzed reports gathered from existing data of classified footage, commercial data, and other sources. And I am extremely excited. This is the guy who knows. This is the guy who's going to back me up. He's gonna tell me who the aliens are, where they're from, why they're here. I'm excited, Ladies and gentlemen, Doctor Joshuar Seminar, how are you, sir?
Speaker 6: I'm doing very well. Thanks for having me. I appreciate it a great pleasure.
Speaker 3: And may I say, for those of you who are only listening to us, this man is sitting in a classroom that was built in seventeen forty two.
Speaker 1: It is there's barely I see would and by the way, the books in there look like they're from another era. Also, I'm hoping that they update them at Boston University. Right, you got newer stuff, You've got computers, right.
Speaker 6: Well, we're in the process of going digital. We're taking our time.
Speaker 2: It's overrated technology, believe me.
Speaker 1: So thank you for coming on, because this should have been a big earth shattering moment that the government finally says we're going to address these issues. We're going to put it out there for the public to hear, possibly for the first time, what the claims are by some pretty valid and acclaimed folks. Correct.
Speaker 2: That is my understanding.
Speaker 3: Yes, that people who have real credentials, both as scientists, as researchers, as military people, as pilots.
Speaker 2: And what have you. There's a there's a whole range.
Speaker 3: Of people who have started to come forth with their stories about their encounters or knowledge of extraterrestrial either technology or beings or or what have it. So, doctor Seminar, what do you got Are they here? Are they among us? How many of these are absolutely verifiably true?
Speaker 6: Well, we could back up to the whole UAP panel. So this is I think you may have an idea as to why we've rebranded this from UFO, for there's a few reasons. First of all, well, there's two letters that differ from UFO, right, and one of them is anomalist, and so we're interested in all manner of anomalous objects, even though it might be appearing in the ocean and or walking among us for that matter, not necessarily flying objects. And then the others is object and you know, we're interested in phenomena which may or may not correspond with solid objects. And so UAP is meant to sort of relieve some of the stigma. It doesn't imply extraterrestrial. And I, for one, was very excited to get the invitation to join this panel purely for the reason that I want to join a group of people who will follow the scientific method and determine if there really is extraordinary evidence of something out there. So that's kind of my context behind the thing. And it's a really interesting panel. As you mentioned, it's a it's a collection of scientists, technologists, aerospace professionals charged with, as you say, creating a roadmap for what data is needed going forward. But we've also we also managed to look at some of the cases that are unclassified and claim to be extraordinary.
Speaker 3: And anything, anything provocative, anything jump out at you and go, oh, this could be a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the no, not yet.
Speaker 2: This man is clearly he knows nothing. He's not the guy you've booked the wrong.
Speaker 1: It's funny, you know, funny. This is a proof when you do conspiracy theories, there's confirmation bias, which means that you then just look for stuff that reinforces your belief system.
Speaker 2: What I was going to say on the cover up, he's in on the cover.
Speaker 3: That's all I want to say, just we'll keep doing the interview, is if he's just a person.
Speaker 2: He's in on the cover.
Speaker 1: And that's one of the conspiracies about UFOs.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna I'm going to talk to Buston University because they are employing when you talk.
Speaker 1: About when you talk about the scientific method, you just kind of threw that out there and it kind of dribbled out and went by everybody So in reading and prepping for this, I got a million pages and I look back at all of the sightings and the pilots incredible And even that session the Pentagon, a spokesman for the Pentagon came out and said the guy, uh rush, Yeah, we don't buy into that. We're not agreeing with what he said, which is either a cover up or it does not exist. But how many of these sightings or some that you investigated, are ever dealt with with the scientific method because the problem is most people want to believe in aliens who report this stuff. There's a lot of stuff erroneous out there, so there's so much floating as far as they're like Jason said, the cover it's got to be a government cover up because it must be because these guys come out and say they see it. Have any of these sightings been verified by the scientific method where you put it through a rigorous study and say this looks like there's actually evidence or is there no evidence as of today on what they're.
Speaker 6: Saying, Yeah, well, the scientific method, maybe that's something we should spend a few seconds on here. I mean, this is originated with Renedi a kart in the seventeenth century, and just to remind everybody, you know, you are free to conjecture any hypothesis, no matter how outrageous, whether it be space aliens, a religious belief, the flying spaghetti monster, all of that is fine. But then you look at the evidence and if the evidence supports it, it doesn't mean it's true. It means that you get to keep going, and if the evidence refutes it, you got to move on to another hypothesis. And hopefully we three and other people might be able to at least agree on that framework for investigating UAP.
Speaker 3: You agree with that, I'm still lessening the minute I heard him poo pooling the flying spaghetti monster. I'm already breaks your heart. I'm not sure breaks your heart, but yes, yeah, so we agree, we agree?
Speaker 6: All right, Yeah, let's start with that. And uh okay. The problem with the congressional hearing is the same problem that we've had in the one hundred year history of people claiming that there are visitors from space. That is, whenever there is conclusive data around an event and we are able to do the analysis, and I can talk a little bit about what that means, there's always a ordinary or non extraordinary explanation and all of the claims that come in that have no data associated with them, we just simply can't evaluate. So when we talk about I mean, especially David Grush's, you know, claims, we absolutely have a right, as they supposedly were pursuing at that hearing, we have a right to see the data and his testimony. You know, if you look at his testimony, any probing question asked to him was met with, I can't answer that here, implying that you know, there's some sort of a secure setting we need to go to in order to hear the evidence. He did not personally see any biological evidence of right of space aliens. He did not even apparently see any documents or go out with any documents. I mean, the overarching problem with that hearing is that there was nothing new, all right, So they instead of coming up with five or six primary witnesses, right the ones that these three witnesses that were there keep attesting exist. Instead of doing that, they gather together three people whose accounts and testimonies we've already heard many many times, Ryan Graves and Dave Grush. Their their accounts are our second hand. It doesn't mean they shouldn't be investigated but it means we need to hear from the primary witnesses. David Fraver, Well, he was a primary witness, so he and another pilot, Alex Dietrich, saw something anomalous for sure.
Speaker 2: And that shouldn't that's the tic tac video that we're familiar tick tach.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not a video, though, there's it's it's right now. It's it's simply a narrative that they've conveyed to us from their experience. It was there were subsequent subsequent observations by the radar systems aboard the aircraft carrier of objects way off in the distance that may or may not be related to what they saw, so everybody all automatically made that connection. So basically we're still missing the primary witnesses, and that was very disappointing. I didn't really expect that. I thought there was going to be something different happening at this hearing.
Speaker 2: So I just want to understand.
Speaker 3: I have seen, both online and on various news reports, what seems to be some sort of.
Speaker 2: Scope that would be on a jet.
Speaker 3: Fighter of them following something that is looks like a tic tac shaped thing, and they're narrating what they're seeing as they go.
Speaker 2: Are you do you know the piece I'm talking about?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I do, I know, I know. I think the one you're referring to, it might be called nicknamed go Fast.
Speaker 3: So that is not that's not the one that these guys are describing, because that one has some sort of visual representation of what their dal representation.
Speaker 6: In fact, in the you know, in terms of the one that I just referenced, there actually is on the display screen sufficient information to determine the trajectory and put some boundaries on the velocity of the object. And so, you know, that was one of the events we looked into our on our panel. If you go back into that video, you'll see a lot of numbers on the screen and it's sort of public domain knowledge what those are, their sort of elevations and angles to the target. They have a way of computing range to the target. The data on the screen was was from a sensor that combines radar and infrared imaging in one For good reasons, we can't know exactly how it works. I tend to yeah, I tend to believe that the government is acting in the best interests of the nation in keeping a lot of their methods so under wraps, and that's probably why it was it took so long to release this stuff. But you know, so one thing we could talk about here deal in terms of some physics, if you is the is the parallax effect. Right, So if you see an object off in the distance, your brain is automatically going to sort of place it at some range. And that's just sort of natural to us. So on that particular one that I'm thinking of, most people's brains are going to place it as skimming above the ocean at some great distance. And you know, you can play a game like that on your own. You could sort of close one eye and because a camera is sort of a one eyed sensor, yeah right, and you know, you could put your finger in front, you know, a foot in front of your eye and move it back and forth. And there's a couple possible explanations that your brain could go after. If you had no idea what that object was, you might think it was an enormous finger moving along the wall behind you. That is the parallax effect. If you actually know the range to the object, then you can actually say something about its true velocity and its true dimensions. You know, We were able to do some of that with these videos, and it doesn't rule them out of being UAPs, of being adversarial technologies, of being something of interest to look at. None of that has ruled out. All we are saying is that we're not observing an object moving with strong evidence or even reasonable evidence that it's moving at an extraordinary velocity or exhibiting unusual like characteristics.
Speaker 1: So in other words, it's the claims. The claims don't hold up based on that.
Speaker 6: Correct, Yeah, the claims don't hold up based on that. And it's you know, to the extent that sometimes the objects look like they're moving in one direction, but you know, you've got to realize you're on a sensor platform that's moving at four hundred and fifty miles per hour, and so our brain doesn't process that situation very well, and you know, we are going to think about it as some sort of helicopter imaging something moving very rapidly in the distance, when in reality, if it's a long ways away from the background, then the you know, my little finger parallax effect takes over and gives you the impression of extraordinary velocity based on what you've assumed about about the object.
Speaker 1: Everybody's doing the finger thing in the other room.
Speaker 3: Everybody's yeah, is there any in that particular video? Is there any visible or knowable means of propulsion?
Speaker 6: Right? Some people like to think of that as being a part of the extraordinary evidence, right, because it's how could it be moving this way without any evidence of propulsion. In fact, I think in all of those videos the object was cooler than the ocean behind it. So you'll see there's a contrast in those videos where the you know, sometimes the background ocean structure is dark and the object you're looking at is light, and that in the settings on those screens, that's an indication that the object is actually cooler. Okay, So contrary to taking that as evidence that, you know, there's some amazing thing going on, some anti gravity propulsion or something like that that doesn't produce any thermal signature, it's really, in my view the other way around. That sort of points me towards collecting the evidence that might be able to explain it as a drifting object. You know, we have high winds, speeds over the ocean, and again these objects are not sort of down at the ocean's surface. They're drifting up at thirteen thousand fifteen thousand feet, something relatively synonymous with the aircraft's altitude, and so they are very likely drifting in a wind speed that's sort of It could be as high as two hundred miles per hour something like that. And again there could be there could be some extraordinary form of propulsion on these on these objects. The shape is it's difficult to say that the actual shape is a tic tac because this object is occupying, you know, just a pixel or two. I don't I don't actually have that information, but it certainly looks to me like a spot size that's almost a point source in the distance. But that's just that you're speculation. Maybe it is an oval shape. Maybe it is a pro Paine tank shaped object that's that's moving.
Speaker 1: You know what. I just don't want to break this. Boys, you're not You're not gonna change them, you know, can I when I saw that hearing here is.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something? You've got? Damn thing is.
Speaker 1: Okay here for sure? So so the hearing, I watched the hearing, and there's two things, and I'm I'm curious to get your take on this. Number one, what comes out of me because I'm a cynic is follow the money. So I go, oh wow, look at that increased military spending. That that's one of the things that I heard as far as allocation, And the other thing is far secrecy with the government. I start thinking, what if China, what if India? What if another country has technology that we don't have yet it's doing something and that's what we're seeing, but they don't want to admit it. Do either of those those things resonate with you? Yes?
Speaker 6: So yeah, that could be okay. So the you know, the Pentagon form of the All Domain nominally Resolution Office ARROW, and I know the director, uh, doctor Sean Kirkpatrick quite well. I think that this is a not a huge expenditure related to other things the Department of Defense spends money on. It would be hard press for me to think that globally in the Defense Department there's some kind of incentive to raise their budget based on UAP and so, you know, I don't think that's going on. I know that one of their charges is in fact, in fact this is this is their main charge is to try and identify unknown technology that might be a risk to us in the US. And obviously there's you know, governments in the world, in certain cleptocracies and so forth, where there's just an easy path to funneling ten billion dollars towards developing some new technology, and so we do have to watch out for that. I would, I would say there's one other place where the kind of is some personal benefit or at least some job security to be gained by keeping things in an unexplained category. There's money to be made by by things being spooky, right, and you know that's that is independent of uh, you know, kind of where the information is coming from. But I you know, I would you know, there are certain associates of some of the witnesses that really seem to be working in that category. You know, even after the scientific method bears evidence against an extraordinary explanation, they keep going with no, this is definitely a UFO, and and and you know certain percentage of people really like to go along with that. I again, this is why I joined this panel, because I actually want to see the extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan said one time. You know, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. So I think that states it very well. You can have your extraordinary claim, but you know, sometimes the explanation isn't really isn't really what you want to hear, And you have to contend with that somehow, especially if you get locked into believing a certain interpretation for a long period of time, given.
Speaker 3: The fact that in your professional capacity you have not yet seen anything that is definitive for you in any way, do you personally believe that some of this phenomena is legit?
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 2: I guess it's a two part question.
Speaker 3: Do you believe that there is an intelligent alien life form at all? And b that they in some way may be circling this planet, be engaged with this planet in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I there's for a variety of reasons. I'm really really skeptical about all that. I feel that, you know, one problem people have when they start talking about intelligent life elsewhere. First of all, it's very likely that it would have to be elsewhere, as in another star, another stellar planetary system, another galaxy, you know, not not launching space vehicles from Neptune or anything like that. People kind of immediately run into this problem because the question of is their intelligent life elsewhere is not really well posed? Is implies and now now has no proper definition in physics. You know, everything that you're observing right now happened in the past. So things would have had to have survived a journey where they are able to sort of keep living or appropriate or do something that allows the intelligence to come through the galaxies for thirty giga years or something like that to reach our planet. Another thing I would mention is that I think UAP. I think we need to be hold fast to the notion that this transcends what UFO was defined as, and that I would go so far as to say that we really should separate these objects that we're observing that we're trying to understand near the Earth's surface. Efforts like Abby Lob's effort at Harvard to identify artifacts in space that might be associated with extraterrestrial intelligence. I think they're really different things, for sure.
Speaker 1: The big question for me is if they're so technologically advanced, what did the always crash they managed to get here? And then what does it how how we're getting close.
Speaker 2: Boy? And then this is like when you you.
Speaker 3: I went back and listened to one of our shows were you accused me of being a terrible driver, and I and there will be an episode where I take you to task for that because I've seen I've driven with you and talk about the kettle calling the pop.
Speaker 1: How many extent you answer?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 1: Scientific? How many accidents have you one? Scientific method? Okay, scientific method? How many of you had to? Exactly so, doctor, If you had your judge who has the worst driving the scientific method, it would be the one with dimes and dry man.
Speaker 2: Listen, he just said everything happening now is in the past. Don't live in the past. Not one of the top world.
Speaker 1: You live in the world.
Speaker 2: You keep calling me your best friend who.
Speaker 1: Tickets have gotten accidents.
Speaker 2: On all crash first of all.
Speaker 3: So but that will bring me to so do you do you believe that the seemingly.
Speaker 1: Even laughing, how dumb that wasn't It's like.
Speaker 2: The band, don't the band laugh? That doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 3: He's not going to get Do you feel that that that anybody that we would consider credible who has testified to having some sort of encounter do you think that they are trying to explain something they've experienced and this is the only thing their brain can can categorize it as or do you think that they are being disingenuous or or what's your explanation for seemingly reputable p people coming forward with with stories like this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I hate to be the cold hearted scientists, but it's the only way to get to get through this because I have full respect for the for these witnesses right and for the service to their country, and so I am not going to be able to say very much about their motivations. I really have no idea whatsoever. I think that it's the safest position to take to just demand that we we we have to do an initial assessment of the credibility because, as you can imagine, I and other people on this panel, we get, you know, tens hundreds of emails from people telling us about their their UFO encounters. We do have to do a triage right to see what should we follow up further? Sure, and you know, I would say all of the three witnesses that testified before Congress are deserving of that follow up. So that's fine. I had no problem with that. But if we if we cannot any real hard evidence about these events or other events, and we're just simply at an impacts, you need proof, got to have the proof, Gotta have something you can you can look at. So it can be indirect evidence too. That's so this is actually why another reason why I am happy to have been involved with this.
Speaker 1: I mean, I.
Speaker 6: I work in remote sense. I look at exotic phenomena in the plasma environment around the planet, and I look at that from a scientific perspective, and you know, as a as a nature lover and all of that, and I really enjoy getting data that is essentially represents various projections of the four dimensional space time environment within which we live and try to you know, apply mathematics, linear algebra and estimation theory and so forth to try and reconstruct what that thing was doing or what it looked like in its environment. And it's three dimensional or four dimensional environment.
Speaker 2: And so what is that fourth dimension? By the way, is that time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So by the way, space time. Yeah, that's a whole other topic for another podcast, I guess. But I mean it's on its way out. I mean there's real problems with with the space time paradigm.
Speaker 2: I've been saying that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, twenty years ago, I said the space time So because.
Speaker 1: You're here and we want to use like that's going to the whole animal. Because you study the honest fhere and what's going on there? By the way, could you explain to your parents what you're doing, Because when you told your parents what you're what you're going for, did they go he's doing I honestly of study? They I mean, can they can they brag to other people that have no clue? They just say, be you and he's a professor and he's brilliant.
Speaker 6: That's an excellent question. And the answer to the question is that you need to come up with a pithy expression to describe what you do. Otherwise people are just lost.
Speaker 1: So what do you say? So what's the headline?
Speaker 6: I study space weather?
Speaker 1: Oh, noise, it's gonna be hot tomorrow.
Speaker 6: It's going to be hot and not much to breathe out there.
Speaker 1: By the way, do you know, first, if I crap is going to rain down to are you the first guy to go?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: I got? I got an alert? I got then honestly the only I honest fhere alert in history. And I'm out of here. So we should be watching where you're moving, Like if you're going to Portugal, we should all go to portug.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right exactly. I mean, we do keep an eye you know, the Sun is the commander in chief of the whole thing, right, We're just spot this tiny speck of rock orbiting near the Sun. We we live within the outer atmosphere of the Sun, and the Sun could take us out in a moment's notice, and so uh we do in the space weather community, you know, we do sort of use how the Sun's solar wind is interacting with the atmosphere as a means of understanding, you know, whether we're in trouble, whether any of our technologies or societal elements that we rely on are in trouble. So yeah, you can, you can.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think I would have anywhere to run to. That's a problem with you when you're dealing with this area. I mean, we're either all toast or all fine.
Speaker 1: Saying you've got ten seconds before you got ten seconds to worry about it.
Speaker 3: And I know we we should be worried about what is happening climate, you know, with our climate and whatnot. But from from your viewpoint, is there a greater concern today than there was, say fifty years ago, about something that we are doing to contribute to our own.
Speaker 2: Ability we survive?
Speaker 6: Are we pivoting on to the climate.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean that is part of part of your world, is it not?
Speaker 6: I mean it is part of my Well, it's definitely part of something I'm interested in. I'm interested in the connections between that area of research and the space environment absolutely, you know. I guess my personal comment would be that climate change is happening so rapidly that we shouldn't worry about it really because there's nothing to be done. The time scales are too long, right the all the way.
Speaker 1: And I just want to rephrase, you're basically we have an expert on this show. This is the big moment, but where we say should be worried about climate change? And he's basically the same, go buy all your luck my head and the sunscreen SPF two forty, you know, and and good luck with your Yeah, and yeah, the face says we are so gone already.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, wow. What what the other part to that, which I sort of uh left out?
Speaker 2: Let me Yeah, The other part, by all means put in the other book.
Speaker 6: The other part is that humans have proven to be amazingly adaptive creatures, and so that's going to be the solution. We're going to adapt. But for the time being, you know, for your day to day life. I mean ultimately, you know, there are problems with the maximum temperature, yeah, you know, being one hundred and twenty degrees for months on end in Phoenix. Yeah, you know, imagine that trend continuing at the same increment for five more years. It's simply we're going to have to respond to it. And it's actually better to be level headed and think about what that means than to just sort of worry about it or what are you.
Speaker 1: Taking time talking to us for? Come up with an explanation? Fix it? Can I just sand where flock you used to say the ozone hole? We got rockets, we got san wrap.
Speaker 2: Fix it? Yeah right, yeah, please?
Speaker 6: No, oh yeah, you want to invest in real estate and you know Saskatoon and maybe yellow Knife.
Speaker 3: Knowing that, my personal feeling is the aliens are gonna help. That's what he's not That's what he can't say because it doesn't pass muster with the scientific methods. So let me tell you something. The aliens are here for benevolent reasons. If they wanted to hurt us, they would have heard us already, and they're gonna help us. They're going to fix things.
Speaker 1: You're also the guy who does the lottery scratch off the thinks you got a million dollar tick. So anything else you can either alert us to or warn us about.
Speaker 3: Let me ask it not only alerts, but would would you Well you've already answered this question. You would be I would imagine just on the human level, but also as a scientist. If if tomorrow there was a piece of evidence that stood up to this scientific review that that would be thrilling for you.
Speaker 6: Yes, that would be absolutely thrilling for me. It would be It would absolutely upend all of the research programs going on at NASA in the biology. I mean, it would just upend everything.
Speaker 3: And are you convinced that that that area, things like Area fifty one there's nothing there?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I honestly think conspiracy theories give people too much credit. It takes a lot of energy to keep a conspiracy theory going.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, so Area fifty one your point, it'd be out there.
Speaker 6: I think it would be out there already, absolutely absolutely. And and you know why why would they be visiting that god forsaken area of the world anyway? I don't know.
Speaker 1: The way.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 6: You know, it's not about the state it's about.
Speaker 2: They were sure for Vegas. They were all they overshot.
Speaker 1: You're told you to look Morty. You know, they were.
Speaker 3: Trying to see Wayne. They were trying to see Wayne Newton. Then they got a little permissioned they they went down in the wrong area.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. And by the way, with conspiracy theories, because we're going to talk about that in a moment. People don't change their mind. They're dug in on conspiracy theories. Does that bother you because you have to work with You're working on this panel with Mark Kelley and a bunch of other people in this NASA NASA panel to try and validate itself. How do you sit there with people who you know are out of their minds giving you recounting stories of having their their AINUS probe and their genitals and whatever they were beamed up with their husband. How do you sit there and go, I'm going to wait till the end, and then I'm going to say where's the proof, and that's it's going to be over. But you have to sit through and read all of those anecdotal accounts.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, But mostly it's I respond with sympathy. I mean that you know, I I Yeah, that's a charitable sort of sort of guy. I mean, I'm willing to to listen. I'm willing to listen.
Speaker 2: Does it?
Speaker 6: Then? I go home and I watched SNL clips of Kate McKinnon's UFOs.
Speaker 2: The Best the Best?
Speaker 3: Do you does it concern you at all that that there will be people in this world who think you're in on the conspiracy because of the way you talk about it and the fact that you there will be people that think you're in on the cover up?
Speaker 2: Does that give you pause at all? I mean, did you did you think about the impact on your life when you when you took this assignment? I?
Speaker 6: No, I didn't. I honestly, this is gonna sound uh, I don't know, ecocentric or something like that, but I I firmly believe that if you stay on the high ground, you're you're okay. I mean I I and I'll get sort of emails with reports and so forth, and if it's reasonably short and they seem to know what they're talking about, I like to read it and consider it. But you know, oftentimes you get something that is technical but you know, links me to a three hundred and twenty slide. You know page slide deck of you know that they just have been really obsessed with this in a way that I don't think is healthy.
Speaker 1: It's concerning in today's world. And by the way, turn on the TV. You've got so many competing conspiracy theories today. I mean, just watch any show and you can hear ten todays more than there ever was before.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's the thing that we're going to talk about. Is that what is so amazing is that right, wrong or indifferent? Brush, you know, on national television in front of Congress says there are absolutely we have biological.
Speaker 2: Remains of aliens. Certainly we have alien technology.
Speaker 3: Nobody blame that was That was a one day, two day story. There was so much, there's so much crazy stuff about conspiracy theories and what's that people in the in the in the chat sphere that there's like, yeah, and any of there are maybe there are no, no, it's enough.
Speaker 1: Well, good luck listen, good luck will you if you can you make us one of your.
Speaker 3: Listen, put me at the I was gonna say put me at the top. It's Alexander. Put me at the top of the email chain. If you find something, just nod your head once you know, you don't have to send a long letter. If you got the proof, a picture will do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything, anything like an alien cowering in your bedroom, I'll.
Speaker 2: Be very excited, and I would be very very excited.
Speaker 1: I was gardening. Of all people I found. Remember, the best answer today though, is why would they land at Harry fifty of all the places your summer? Thank you so much. Appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Luck on the panels nicely, keep me you strong, by gosh.
Speaker 1: Get along with all the other scientists. And you're a very nice man. By the way, you really did change my mind when you said I'm sincere with it. It really called me out here. We are joking. We shouldn't joke. I'm sorry that I made fun of your beliefs.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Lucky's laughing, Thank you, Darky Stummer.
Speaker 3: Okay, so, first of all, he's absolutely right in that there even I who am deeply entrenched and excited about what people are seeing and things that I have seen over the all over YouTube. There was a phenomenon in Jerusalem about ten years ago, and there's massive amounts of videotape on this because so many people videotape that at the same time, there was a thing over the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem where there seems to be some massive object in the sky that's dark. Several lights drop down from it. They zing around in different directions. Then they hover over the mosque at the top of the Dome of the Rock, and then two of them zing up to the ship, and then two more of them just kind of zing away like you can't even imagine the speed of the zingaway. The object in the sky lights up temporarily and then fades out. And this was shot by over one hundred people from different angles simultaneously. Because they're all seeing the same thing at the same time. No one has ever been able to say, oh, you know what that was. That was a it's not a weather balloon.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't. It wasn't you know, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: The Pakistani's testing a new bative technology. It just wasn't any of that stuff. There are there are things we see and even he said, the tic tac thing, we don't know, we don't know what that was. We don't have any No, there's no there is. I absolutely heard what he said. Now you're saying you saw something when you kid.
Speaker 1: I was with my grandparents in Philadelphia and I saw this thing that looked like you know, the do they still have salt peppersak? I don't know why I'm asking all salton peppershakers at the fair. You know the thing that turns and that That's what it looked like. It was going that way over my I was outside by myself looking giants. Cigar colors aren't going around around, but I was seven, so who knows.
Speaker 3: And I was in the Grand Canyon about three years ago. And the Grand Canyon is amazing. We did an eight day trip and the sky there because it's one of the few places in the country that is truly dark sky. There's no real source of artificial light, so the sky is amazing. The night sky is you can see galaxy clusters. You can you can actually see the International Space Station in the orbit.
Speaker 2: Yeah from there, Yeah, you can see it.
Speaker 3: It's like a it's like a bone shape thing and it's moving and you can see you can see sometimes if a satellite is big enough, it is so clear that you can see them. So one night I wake up it's about three in the morning, and you know, you're looking at the night sky, and I see what I think are two satellites moving across the sky, and then they stop, and then they meet, and then they move away from each other, and then they go back in the other direction.
Speaker 2: I'm going, well, there's one of three possibilities here.
Speaker 3: One I just saw some sort of alien technology. Two, I'm dreaming, and three is I'm wishful thinking. There are so many stars in the sky. It's late, I'm tired. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me. There's all kind I say something. Can they take me back with them? Because it sucks her?
Speaker 2: Let me ask you that. So you saw Close Encounters, right, I love?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: To the end of the movie, the little alien kids come out and go go with us, go with us to Richard Drivis, and he goes, I'm going, now they come to you. Granted you have two lovely grown sons, you have your beautiful wife.
Speaker 2: Tommy, I'm going, do you get on do you get on the ship? You don't get on the ship?
Speaker 1: You know, I was taught as a hun don't talk to stranger. So something comes out that looks like an alien thing with green and ahead and come with me, Come with me. I go, yeah, you're going right for my general.
Speaker 2: What are you going to see in the rest of your What do you got left? Twenty? What are you going to see here in.
Speaker 1: My backyard? There's not a lot of excitement. I don't need excitement right now. I don't need surprises like predictable days that end well, that ends well, okay.
Speaker 3: I would basically say, do you have smoked salmon? If you have some salmon, I'll get a comfortable chair, big screen, keep you work, have Netflix?
Speaker 1: What's the rug? What's the rug? Right? Where my Where are my race?
Speaker 2: So you wouldn't go, Are you crazy? Laurie? Would you go? Laurie wouldn't go?
Speaker 6: David?
Speaker 1: Would you go?
Speaker 2: David?
Speaker 1: David google him?
Speaker 2: Would you get on the would you get on the ship and go?
Speaker 6: Not now?
Speaker 7: But when I was younger, I actually ran towards what I thought it was a UFO.
Speaker 1: Really what walla only? But Dave, wait, wait, we got to explore this for a second. So David tell us more about the UFO.
Speaker 7: What age you were and why you I I was I was in college. We were in this Marshy area. There was this weird light that was moving in strange ways. We were running towards it, and and and my friend stopped me and he's like, wait a minute, they might have dugged us.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I don't care. I have to know.
Speaker 7: And we kept running towards the light. And guess what. It wasn't just us going towards the light. We encountered on a bluff, a mountain bluff, a seal, and it was going towards the light as well.
Speaker 1: Wow, and give us the end of the story. Did the seal go? What happened?
Speaker 7: Yes, we ran past the seal and we went towards the light.
Speaker 2: And it turned out it was a helicopter. It was a helicopter.
Speaker 7: It was a helicopter. There was an emergency. They were doing a land of the meta vacuum.
Speaker 1: Did you get it?
Speaker 2: No, they didn't. They didn't want me in a helicopter. That would be my thing. I'd rud and runted the alien. They go, no, we weren't calling you, we were George.
Speaker 1: We're here to save the seal.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, wow sea. So they only wanted to higher life for you.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. One thing we learned here David can not run the seal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty amazing he said, college, Oh that was college.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, like twenty on drugs.
Speaker 3: Said I'm going to mention, here's the thing about the UFOs that make me go. Well, so you'd have to travel Imagine the velocity you have to travel because he said, they're not in our solar system, so they'd have to be coming from another solar system, maybe another galaxy. So somebody I was listening to one guy who a physicist, said, I can imagine creating a propulsion system that gets you up to light speed, double light speed, triple light speed.
Speaker 2: He said, what I can't imagine.
Speaker 3: Is how do you stop well, because if you tap the brakes at that speed, everything on the inside of that vehicle is basically vaporized.
Speaker 2: How do you feather it down?
Speaker 1: Not to mention that you're always bringing the craft in because you went through a brake pads you need? Yeah, you from our speed?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: How do you do?
Speaker 3: Impossible? And Jerry Seinfeld made a rate observation one time. He said, in the movies with the humanoid aliens, they're always in the same outfit.
Speaker 2: How do they what's the day they all get together? You know? And not for ready we got good.
Speaker 3: They're all Steve Jobs, black T shirt, black jeans, When do they when do they.
Speaker 2: Decide on the planetary outfit? That was Jerry's.
Speaker 1: Observation, because it's easy. Let me talk about this for one second. The conspiracy theory thing of which you are. You're a conspiracy theorist.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Yes, you are about about UFOs in a way.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I I happen to believe that there is intelligent life in our universe. I happen to believe that. I think that some of these phenomena are legitimate.
Speaker 1: And what conspiracy theory is about is people taking complex issues and trying to get some simplistic answers. What's it's what talk radio does, whether you talk about immigration, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Well, I think the conspiracy theory is about and therefore somebody is not telling us the truth. But doesn't that a components there's an enemy component, yeah, but they don't believe it. There's a community component to it. You want to feel in control, you want to feel certain, you want to feel close to those similar to us, and the enemy doesn't believe it, So then that's why you dig.
Speaker 2: In the enemy of the dummy.
Speaker 1: And it's about exclusion. But let me ask you, there's some real unexplained phenomenon. Yes, And I want to run by you real quick and see what your take is on each one. And then we'll go to google hoime and see what we did wrong, what we did right. The towels hum? Have you heard it about that? The witch? I'm sorry, cows and towas In New Mexico there's a hum about two percent of the resident I have heard that? Will it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What do you think of it?
Speaker 2: I think it's a natural phenomena. There's a thing in.
Speaker 3: I believe it is Kangaroo Island in Australia. It's a thing called the Remarkable Rocks. And these are giant boulders that got spit up onto the bluffs over the ocean, and sand and wind and time have carved some holes, some rather large holes through them, and at certain times when the wind blows the right way, the rocks whistle and hum and they and people come from all over the world to hear it. And I think that there could be something like that somewhere in Dallas, where there is either something underground that is creating a rumble.
Speaker 1: Bigfoot. And by the way, when I pulled this the other day. Yeah, it just came up. There were three more big Foot shootings yesterday. Yes, believe in it Bigfoot No, But I neither because like bones, carcass anything, nothing. Yeah, intuition in six tents, you think that exists.
Speaker 3: I do think intuition in sixth sense my take on a lot of because you know, I used to do as an as a magician, I used to do a mind reading act, but I would always say I'm not reading minds. But I do think that there are people I think thought. You know, our brains work off of electricity. Electricity has power, power has waves to it, and I think there are people that are potentially sensitive enough to.
Speaker 2: Kick up on some of that.
Speaker 1: And you know that I kind of do believe in because if you're more empathetic and you kind of quiet down, Yeah, you can't get a person's five ghosts.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 3: This is one I'm on the fence with because I have been in some places where I have not seen anything but felt things where I went.
Speaker 2: That's odd.
Speaker 3: But in the in in the area of ghosts, to me, most of the people I know that have claimed to have had an experience with ghosts were told they were in a place where something had happened, something was going on, and other people had seen things, and so I feel like your system is primed if you you know, if you remember like watching paranormal activity, when the door, when the bedroom door was open, you're looking down that hall and you think you're seeing things because you know something's gonna come from that, and so you project in a way and I and I don't say no, but I have.
Speaker 2: I am. I am still very much on the.
Speaker 1: Well. And that ties into psycho Yeah, people who can talk to the dead, it's yes, No.
Speaker 2: People who talk to the dead. I will say this.
Speaker 3: I have had a couple of experiences with psychics who new things that I don't know how they knew because it was pre Seinfeld, it was pre you know, Wikipedia and the Googles. They got stuff really right that was not like it was from left field, and they said things that turned out to prove true that I can't explain how they would pick up on something like that or you know, but I do think that that is an area where where people you do a whole thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the psychic think drives me crazy because a the premise that my father died and this psychic's talking to him, but he's it's spoon. It's spoon important to do something spoon and I my friend apparently like to play my father.
Speaker 2: Is there a word with a G that means anything?
Speaker 1: I mean, really, that's what my dog's doing. I want to talk to him, but I just want to give them initials and utensils. So that's number one. So that that that to me, has always been kind of a bsy thing. And they pray on people, you know.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: But I used to do a radio psychic thing, and my percentages were high because all I would say, and I think I did this with Lauren, what you produce? The phones would light up because people want a psychic reading, and all I would want is their first name and their aide. So if they call up and you say, my I'm Vivian and I'm fifty five years old, right at fifty five, if they have parents who are living, there's an illness, okay, there may be the end of job. There's stuff that happened, right, there's twenty four. There's a relationship.
Speaker 2: Recently had an illness or a pain. Maybe it's a pain or yeah, whatever, So you kind.
Speaker 1: Of can tie in by agents. What's the psychic thing. People go, oh my god, and you're you're doing it. Yeah. So I just don't like the psychics pray on people and they take the money, you know.
Speaker 2: So I've never called the psychic hotline.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. There's a whole documentary on her that was great heart.
Speaker 2: There's millions of them.
Speaker 1: But the main one and I forget her name, the big psychics in name the psychic who had the Yeah, that was it. There was a big one, Cleve. I think there was a document It was an amazing documentary. David Google Hind what do you got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell me, tell me you saw a ufon and the time that we did to.
Speaker 2: Do this show.
Speaker 7: A couple of quick things up front for folks who are interested in seeing that tic tac video that we referenced that we're going to put that in the show notes. Also the Kate McKinnon SNL schedule down there for that, because that.
Speaker 2: That is fun.
Speaker 7: One one quick thing that I wanted to mention is the Twilight Zone had a very good episode on this.
Speaker 2: I was called how to Serve Man, Serve Man?
Speaker 7: Yes, Yes, And the aliens of course come to Earth and they give man a book and they're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, in an alien language.
Speaker 7: Yeah, in an alien language, and they finally translated and like, oh, it's to serve man. The aliens are there to help us, and unfortunately they discover that.
Speaker 2: It's a cookbook. Right, so yeah, that's so good. But here's one thing, as far as people.
Speaker 7: Who are interested in science and understanding aliens, Professor Senator, he said that it would take thirty giga years to get here.
Speaker 2: Now, what is a giga year?
Speaker 7: And a giga year is actually one billion years, so he was saying that would take thirty billion years to get here from a planetary source.
Speaker 3: Right, the progress if you'll leave on Monday, right in traffic before three?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, the problem is the universe is only between thirteen and fourteen giga years, so the math.
Speaker 2: Doesn't work out.
Speaker 1: So good playing us.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm just saying he's saying it's impossible, and there you go.
Speaker 3: But here's here's what I don't understand based on that statement.
Speaker 2: Now, how did they know how these things travel?
Speaker 3: They're saying, if we did it, it would take thirty giga years, But how did that? Maybe there's a there's a guy kind of like he's a ufologist named doctor Stephen Greer and his conjecture, his his what he talks about is that UFOs actually travel and traverse space on a proportion of consciousness. That there there isn't a that they can manifest something in the physical world by projecting it through consciousness, and that the consciousness can be sent regardless of time and space.
Speaker 2: So it's an interesting theory.
Speaker 3: And and in his documentaries he claims to have encounters with these conscious beings.
Speaker 1: And we're going to take a rebreak, we come back, do recap and final thought. Let's it's time for a recap and final thought. So the recap is there is no proof based.
Speaker 2: On according to doctor Joshua Seminar, who is our expert. He's our expert today. There could be another expert tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead. That's number one, number two, finish your final conspiracy theories. There was a big yawn when this happened, when his testimony happened, because he said, it's all basically the same players. Yes, the government is suspect, but my real big thought is when he when you just said about the consciousness, that they travel through consciousness, we got to figure out some kind of BS thing that we can come up with it. Nobody can disapprove where we can make a lot of money.
Speaker 2: That's that's your vital thought.
Speaker 1: That's it. Yeah about if you sell me on the consciousness traveling thing, then that's what I want to come up with. And by the way, I'm wondering, when they do show up, what state do you think they would go to? And what are we going to do with Florida.
Speaker 2: Is going to be it's always Florida or Arizona for some that's where they're going to go. Well, that seems to be Florida Arizona. And I think, David, you can look this up. Where are the most UFO sightings reported within the United States. I think it's either Florida or Arizona.
Speaker 1: And then you got a religion thing happening, because if it's a green guy, first of all, forty percent of public's going to say it's Andy Serkis because he's he plays the apes, he plays, it's Andy Serkis. With religion, Maiden's God's image, there goes the Bible, the tarra Ran.
Speaker 2: I've never understood that.
Speaker 3: I've never understood that theory that it would totally negate the idea of a creator.
Speaker 1: You read the bio, because it's not in any of the work.
Speaker 3: All right, every sighting so far that anyone has ever talked about. Are these alien grays that are incredibly humanoid, incredibly humanoid. So why wouldn't this so?
Speaker 2: How is that not new? They have a body with a head.
Speaker 3: With eyes, with nose slits, a tiny little mouth, no ears for some reason. But and they have spindly arms and legs, and their skin is gray. Is the average description of an alien.
Speaker 1: And God made that. God made them mean his likeness.
Speaker 2: Sure, well, that's not that different from us.
Speaker 1: It's different from us. It's from another plasure.
Speaker 2: You look a little great. It's not going to synagogue, it's not going to church.
Speaker 7: I have the states with the most UFO sightings cumulative, tell me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: According to my vision dot org, which apparently has been monitoring this in nineteen seventy four, the third most is Washington State, second most Florida, Florida representing and number one California.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're very big. All right, right, then I'm going to see one.
Speaker 1: As a final word, Jason, what what would what would make it at the public definitively say I believe in aliens?
Speaker 2: What would it be if any Kardashian married one.
Speaker 1: That would be that would be it would Kardashian wedding. Yeah, then we believe in Alen. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I'm not sure they haven't.
Speaker 1: Thank you everybody.
Speaker 2: Good night, Really really No Really Really.
Speaker 1: Now, Really.
Speaker 2: Really Now.
Speaker 7: This has been another edition of Really No Really, and we want to thank our amazing guests who's put up with our antics, Doctor Joshua Senator. You can find us online at really No Really dot com. We're also on Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and threads at Really No Really Podcast. We now have full apppes on YouTube, so please check that out, hit that subscribe button, and take that bell so you're updated every.
Speaker 2: Time we release new videos.
Speaker 7: If you have a really No Really and want to share with us, and if we use it, we may give you something out of this world. But most of all, we want to thank you for listening, subscribing, and sharing the show. We release new episodes of really No Really every Tuesday, so make sure to follow us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 7: Really No Really is a production of iHeartRadio and Blase Entertainment.