Speaker 1: The volume. Oka see did what they needed to do. They came to Indiana and got a game. They're going back to OKC tiede two two thanks to a one eleven one oh four victory. Thank you, guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite Uncle Shannon Sharp, my partner co hosts Liberty City's own Benga Ring of Fame otter Ree.
Speaker 2: He's the pro bowler, All Pro. That's Chad.
Speaker 1: It's O Chosenko Johnson and the third number of our squad, Arkansas lul Rock native the University of Arkansas, lum I so old Joe Joe Johnson and joining us to break down the game tonight as a three time All Star, NBA champ, nineteen ninety six national champion winning at the University of Kentucky, and twine Walker Twin. Thanks for Joe this again. We're gonna get to you in just a second. Please make sure y'all hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We want to thank each and every one of you. If you're listening, if you're watching, we can't thank you enough for your support, and hopefully you'll continue to give us your continued support because thanks to you. It's because of you we're able to do what we're able to do, and we cannot thank you enough, So thank you again. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We have it in stop now. If you can't find Shave by la Portier and a package shop or Total Wines or wherever the case may be in a city or state near you, ordered online and we'll ship it directly to your door. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Make sure you check out my media company page on all of its platforms, shay Shape Media add my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned into the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, so please grab yours while supplies last. The thunder even the series Crew two two. Uh Shaye was sensational. The first forty four minutes. Guys, he had two free throws. The last the last eight minutes, last, excuse me, the last four minutes he had eight free throws, so he was ten of ten for tonight. Jalen Williams was eleven of eleven. He had thirty five points on twelve twenty four shooting. Jaylen Williams was eight of eighteen eleven eleven from the free throw line, chet six and six from the free throw line.
Speaker 2: But I thought the guy that kept a minute, just like Matthern did the other night.
Speaker 1: It was Alex Caruso. He was sensational the night. He didn't let them he did. Uh. And don't get me wrong, Obie Topping played well. They got what thirty five sixteen thirty thirty six points? Uh yeah, thirty six points from their bench. But Carusoe was tremendous early. Joelyn Marvels started you and then Twine, we're gonna kick it off to you. Joe lem ask your question. Did the Thunder win this game? Or did the Pacers lose it?
Speaker 2: Now? The Thunder wonning, Man, that is a great game.
Speaker 1: It was kind of Teeter Titer pretty much throughout the whole game, and the Thunder I scored him a bout fourteen and that fourth quarter that was the taiale of the game right there.
Speaker 2: Hey, look, I ain't gonna tell you. I know, Lie, I was nervous over here.
Speaker 1: I was watching the game for OKC because I felt, you know, especially toward the end of their third to one, you know, Indiana took the momentum, you know what I mean. I felt like I said, man, they gonna end up closing these board out because OKC looked like they had got a little fatigued down the stretch. What they did to the third and in the fourth quarter, they just made big play out the big play, and the Pacers seemed like they had a hard time scoring and the paces, I mean, the OKAC ended up pulling out. Well, honestly, I'm gonna be be honest, and we gotta be honest fellas, you know we're doing this. You saw the MVP Shay take this game to the next level fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: It's the reason why he got to the award.
Speaker 1: We looked for those type of performances to go on the road and close the game out, and he did what he had to do, and that's what he did. He did even this series up, and he did what he had to do. But also too, you know, you gotta think about it when you look at with Indiana, and don't get me wrong, with Indiana has been great all year. I love Indiana. I actually have. I think Indiana can win this series. But when you're doing it by committee and makes it hard when you don't really have that guy. I know, we know, we talk about Tyler Harbert. You know Tyler a lot and think that he can get it done. But they do it by committee. They don't do it, you know, okay, see is for the young as they are and the way they play. Shaye has to play great and deliver for them down the stretch for.
Speaker 2: Them to win.
Speaker 1: We all know that no matter how good, we know how great they've been all season.
Speaker 2: We know Williams has been great.
Speaker 1: We got no check and have his moments where he plays great. But when Shane plays great and delivers, they win. And with Indiana it's too much about committee. I don't know if you guys felt the way I felt. You just don't know who's gonna make a shot. I look at the offense, it's just too random. It's not like you know and Joe, you understand this more. I want to be able to give it to my guy. We're gonna want to pick a roll. He's gonna make the best players, gonna look score or get the best guy a possible shot. Indiana is too random for me. And that's what happens laden games and it gets too random. Well, okay, see we know Shan's taking that shot. We know Shan's gonna make that shot. He's gonna take that shot. Indiana just too random. And I don't want to take anything away from what he at right now and still have a chance to win his title.
Speaker 2: But when you're doing it by committee, it's tough man in these type of games.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, you had the Pacers to win the series, you had him picked to win this game. What didn't you like about what you saw from the Pacers down the stretch?
Speaker 3: Listen, obviously, what enough plays. I'm gonna piggyback off what Tawan said. It's too random. It's too random. They can't actually run a set play and have a specific guy that's a go to guy that can get your shot where you want to, Like Tawan say, they do everything by committee, and it really ain't. Honestly, I think the Pacers lost this game because of what the god damn thunder decided to do.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about identity and she ain't gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Oh do it, XGA do No matter what, He's always gonna close it game on. You know, he ain't worried about efficiency. He gonna take them out, sharing damn shots and get his points. But the Thunder finally remember who they are. What they've done all postseason when they didn't do the first two games is they had been in their biggs and what they did tonight went right back to their big lineup. They had shtting On Wrenn and Isaiah Hartlstein starting together, just like they did the whole postseason. What happened Chad had a double Dublin Hardestyn to have a he'd have a great game. But listen, they wanted to paint, They wanted the glass, and the hell they wanted.
Speaker 2: The goddamn game.
Speaker 1: Yeah Sga is the first player since Jerry West to have thirty five plus points and zero assists in the Finals game. Caruso the first bench player in the NBA Finals history with twenty points and five steals in the game. JOYDT pull that back up and Jaylen Williams had twenty seven points. He was sensational in the night. You could see why he was an All the NBA selection. Everybody think Joe, you and I we questioned them switching their lineups man. You in the finals, you got their won sixty eight games, and with the exception of their Nuggets, you won relatively Eve, you swept, You swept Memphis, you lose one game to a Minnesota you have to go. I mean, you had to go seven with the Nuggets, but you end up blowing them out. And so I didn't understand T one. I didn't understand Joe and I we were talking about it. I didn't understand why they went to that small lineup because maybe they saw the success that Indy had against Cleveland two bigs, the success they had against the Knicks two bigs, and they say, no, we're not gonna give them that advantage. But your advantage is your advantage. Your advantage is playing Hartenstein and the home run together and then going to your bench because your bench is very good. These probably the two best bench teams in all of basketball, and it's no surprise that they're here. I think it's a blessing at a curse to one because when you look at the Pacers, because they don't have a guy that you have to key on, you don't know who's gonna hurt you on a given night. They're gonna have I'm a guy in somewhere in the twenties, and they're gonna have a bunch of teams a boy nineteen or eighteen or seventeen. Yeah, you would like to have a guy that you could say giving the ball like a shape, or you have a guy like you got with a Brunson or one of those guys, you know, one of the top players that you can give in the ball and go get your bucket.
Speaker 2: That's not what they have. What they have is a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of guys that's not afraid to take shots in big moments tonight that didn't happen. Halliburton airball two threes, Miles Turner airball to three. I thought the difference in this ball game tonight. Look at the percentage that Indiana shot forty three. This is the OKC that we used to seeing, the getting up into them, getting the ball, forcing the turnovers.
Speaker 2: One shot and that's it.
Speaker 1: They dominated them on the glass, They turned them over, and Halliburton had five Turner when he has basically more than three turnovers. It's not gonna be good for them because he's a guy that really doesn't turn the ball over. But I think you have to give credit to OKC tonight. Yeah, I thought, you know, now to ten point lead late in the thirty and they end up going to the fourth with a seven point lead. But okay, see you race that within the first four minutes of the fourth quarter, that lead was gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I got say something though.
Speaker 1: If it's always picking backing off shot, it's always tough. And Joe, you understand this and shack when you're not when you don't have a real go to guy. And I'm not taking anything away from Tyler Hamburg and obviously Pascal Siakam two threes at Tyris. I'm sorry Tyres hamp and obviously Pascal, two guys that will played terrific basketball and have led their team to the finals. So I don't want to take anything away from them. But that's the reason why it's certain guys get paid fifty sixty million dollars a year. He is the reason why Shay is about the side for probably four hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: You gotta have a guy that can go get you one.
Speaker 1: The players get thrown out the window when you get to the finals and get to these situations, especially the last six to eight minutes of a game. I want to be able to get it to a guy individually and go get me a bucket, draw double team, get a guy open shot. And with Indiana is too random. By being so random, you don't know who's gonna score, right, And I think it kind of it kind of messes them up a little bit because they don't even know. I don't know if Rick and Rick Carlin is one of the greatest coaches ever coached this game, it's tough for him. I'm sure he's like, who do I go to, Who's the guy who's gonna stop up? Yeah, who's the guy that's gonna actually step up and get me a bucket or draw double team and get that. And that's I think that's what makes it hard for Andy. Well, Okay, scenes kind.
Speaker 2: Of know the role.
Speaker 1: All the players know their role. They know Shay's gonna dictake the pace. Especially with eight six four minutes to go in the game, who's gonna play off him and Indiana. I don't know how you guys feel, but I feel like it's just too random.
Speaker 2: I don't know who's gonna shoot the ball. Yeah, Well that's why.
Speaker 1: So that's why you don't see a whole lot of teams like Indiana win championships. You gotta go back, and we talked about it the other night, Oh Joe and Joe. You got to go back to Detroit where you had a bunch of guys, no superstar players that you didn't know whether it gonna be Real Hamilton, whether it gonna be Chouncey normally Chauncey Tugget. That's how he got the name mister big Shot, Rashee Wallas or Tasha, So you.
Speaker 2: Really didn't know. Normally teams win championships.
Speaker 1: They got a guy that we can give him the ball and he can go get us a bucket. You go back and look at the Lakers, whether it was Kareem with the sky hook magic, or you look at Bird or you look at.
Speaker 2: You know, you Moses Malone.
Speaker 1: You go back and look at history, Isaiah Thomas with the bad, bad boy pistons, that most teams shot of Kobe.
Speaker 2: Normally it was Kobe because they're gonna file shot.
Speaker 1: But you've always had a guy that we can give the ball to and we know he can go get a bucket or he's gonna get filed. We know that that's not what Indiana have, and to their credit, they've made the most of the situation.
Speaker 2: And we talked about this the other night, is that because it's by.
Speaker 1: Committee, you really don't know who's gonna be the one that's gonna put stick the knife in you, because you know, Pascal can get hot, and we seen him get hot. We seen Halliburton gets hot. We saw Matthren the other night he got hot. But right now they had this game, they're kicking himself. That is seven point lead, and they had him on the ropes because Shade was getting Shane looked like he was tied in the first ten minutes of.
Speaker 2: The ball game.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: He did, he did, he did, And so I was like, okay, man, this ain't looking good.
Speaker 1: Seven point lead going into the fourth quarter and okay, see, like, nah, we can't go down three one, and even though we're going back home, we need to tie this thing up.
Speaker 3: Hey, Joe, Joe, I know it's by committee, but you gotta understand something, right, Twyne says, random, But this is what they've done all season long.
Speaker 2: That's what they've done all season long.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what make the Pacers so goddamn special in this series, because you don't know whose night is gonna be you know sometimes Tyler Ferby beat he's he's up and down. But then you know, nim Hard come out of nowhere, you know. And I really think that the game is gonna go to seven, right, You're gonna go to seven, And I think the Pacers, the Pacers is gonna pull it off.
Speaker 1: They were gonna pull it off.
Speaker 2: I got listen.
Speaker 1: I think I thought it was a hell of a game, but I thought it was in favor of OKC because of the scoring. Like the Pacer only scored one hundred and four points. That's what Okay want. They don't want a one hundred and twenty one hundred and thirty. See, that's that that helps the Pacers. For me, I feel like Jalen Williams, he was like I know Shade had thirty five, but I think Jalen was more than MVP because he kind of kept him in and he was aggressive throughout the whole entire Absolutely, I totally agree. He was getting into the TV, they defense, putting the pressure on the Pacers to foul, he was scoring.
Speaker 2: I thought he'd done a great job night and keeping him in the game.
Speaker 1: And in the fourth quarter, I thought Shade came through and put his stamp on the game.
Speaker 2: Man, it was. It was definitely a tight, close, niche game.
Speaker 1: But with OKC, you know, being having their youth on they side, I felt like and having shade the MVP, you know, they was able to pull it out toward the end.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is also twat.
Speaker 1: And let me know what you think about this, the officiating down the stretch the lamb. The first forty four minutes, shall only shot two free throws. The last four minutes he shot eight free throws. How many three throws did they shoot the last four because I think but they turned the ball over. I mean on a drip, on a handoff, Miles turn to try to hand the ball off to Halliburton, George steals it, and we saw them turn the ball over. And they didn't have a whole lot of turnovers. It's when they had the turnovers. All turnovers aren't created equals like in football.
Speaker 2: Ohho.
Speaker 1: We talk about this all the time. If you turn them all in the over in the fourth quarter a first quarter, it's a lot different than turning over in the fourth quarter, especially if you're up a score or you down a score. Now you give them the possession back and you don't really have a whole lot of time to make that up. And so when you're turning the ball over like Indiana was in the fourth quarter, look at what you did. Now a lead, now you don't even get a shot up at the realm, they get down, they get two. But let me you make a great point, shining, that's a great point. But this is the difference between two different teams. You got an everyp on one team where everybody knows that road we're gonna go through. She shakes to create eight, whether he take the shot or give somebody else a shot.
Speaker 2: When you talk.
Speaker 1: About Indiana, and I say this again, and I don't want to take anything away from my own people think I'm hating or thinking they're not great.
Speaker 2: The way they play has been terrific all year.
Speaker 1: But when you do it by committee, it's always tough because now you're not you have to This is the reason why and joke it relates to this. It's a reason why guys make fifty fifty five million of year, sixty million a year. It's the reason why you play these certain guys because you don't want to do it by committey late you want to go to your best player and whether he gets double team, make a pass, or he's taking the shot when Indiana, it's too random. How many times we've been watching the series, we don't know who's gonna score for Indiana. I mean, think about that. We don't know who's going to score for them late when it gets to six minutes, under six minutes, we don't know. The best game I thought they play is when Holliburg took control. Yeah, when he actually took control at Controller pays and when he takes the shot. And I'm not selling you get to the finals, so it's hard for me to question their style where they play, but when you get to this point in this game, you gotta have a go to guy that you give it to that could create a double team or could create his own shot. And when I look at Indiana, they don't have that. No, And okay, see he's too good defensively, You're not gonna beat them just one on one. You have to make an extra pass, Somebody has to make an extra move. You gotta have some guy with a skill level that's gonna score. And to be honest, if I was gonna make that decision on Indiana, I'm giving to Pascal Siakam and move it out the way.
Speaker 2: I know they haven't died with haling Bird making decisions late.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give it to him because he's my best one on one player, and I'm gonna give it to him. You gotta simplify the game late. It's not about that I sold Joe. You've been in situation. You get the ball man.
Speaker 2: You only gonna help. You don't even gonna help.
Speaker 1: I played with a great one on one player, Paul piss and after I could score. But Paul, you don't want me on this side. He's gonna be getting out the way right where. Indiana is too random, and by being so random, that's the reason that they in the position that they're in right now. You lose a game for on your own floor. They play good enough to win the night. You don't want to lose that game. It's gonna be tough for them now. I don't want to cap them out. You know, things happen. It's too two. Anything can go that way. Andrew's playing a part. God got have a bad night. So I'm not gonna predict the series right now. But Indiana got a little soul searching to do. It's some other guys got to step up, or Holli burd Is gonna have to live and die with him taking twenty five thirty shots or being aggressive and saying, hey, I can go home at night. Hey I was aggressive. I didn't have it. But you cannot play the random basketball with all these different guys thinking they can have I think they may have four or five. They may have six guys in double figures. And that's cute some nights. In most NBA nights, five guys, that's cute most knights.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: It's good you get five sis guys from sure, coaches love it. But this is the reason why we pay those mass contracts right now, reason why you give guys forty forty five fifty million dollars a year to show up right now. I don't know who that guy is from any Indiana. They may I have that guy. Hey, somebody gonna have to do it or shake Gunna picked them apart for these next two games.
Speaker 2: A torn ojo.
Speaker 1: When you when you look at this game, I thought Indiana, I'll played them for three quarters.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 1: They all played them for three quarters, and in that fourth quarter. I felt, you know, OKC, they knew what they had to do to win. They out scored them by fourteen. So it lets me know, you've seen air balls, you've seen block shots from OKC, like they really locked down, and then you know you got your best player getting to the line getting free throws. They took the momentimum away from Indiana in that fourth quarter. Man, they seemed like the edges went out in that building. But I agree with torn I thought I thought Indiana played well enough to win. They just got out played in the fourth corner. It was Tito taa from the first, second, third, and then the fourth you get out scored like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you can't. You can't beat them like that.
Speaker 1: But you remember, guys, if we go back and look at Indiana this entire postseason and clutch situation, they've been great. Look at them when they played the Cavs, they were great. Look at them when they played the Knicks, they've been great. And even the first two games when the games were closed, Game one, game three, look at how they prevailed tonight. I thought they you know, and fourteen OKC had tennisists. Let us think it we were twelve was the last time you ever played on the team that in the NBA game only had tennisists in forty eight minutes, your MVP your started.
Speaker 2: Didn't even have He didn't have a assists.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did, you know, And go back to what I said, though, Shannon, this guy is god time.
Speaker 2: This ain't about the others. Ain't about to passing.
Speaker 1: Huh No, It's about It's about the MVP who we talk about the fourth course, who took control the game. It's the reason why he got the reward. It's a reason why we we named them the MVP of the NBA. It's because he has the ability to close the game out. When I think about Indiana, I don't know. And I don't get me wrong. I love Lumber, I love Titler. I think he's great. He's a great player. He's played great. Well, you're talking about close it out and have that mentality. It's a little different when you're the MVP and he separated himself tonight. Are we okay in an NBA Finals game with seventy one free throw attempts? That's wow, that's a great question. Actually I'm not. This is my personal opinion. I think that you know, you know at some point, especially at this level, and the way these two teams play, that both teams get up and down, they run, they're not necessarily considering playing for the free throw line. This is not a grinded out series. This is two teams that want to play one fifteen one twenty.
Speaker 2: So this is a game.
Speaker 1: This is actually great for the referees because they don't really have to get involved because both of these teams like to get up and down and play the fast pace. So it is something to think about. I mean, I didn't look at that number. I'm glad you brought that stet up. I didn't think about that, But that's something really to think about because these two teams don't really want to play in the nineties. They want to play one fifteen one twenty if they can, so they're not worried about the foul call. They want to get up and down. So that's a great point. They go OKC had twelve offensive rebounds, chat Hogrid had four, Hartenstein had three. They so the two Bigs had seven of the twelve offensive rebounds. Indiana only had seven offensive rebounds. They beat them by ten. They were plus ten in the rebounding margin. They did a great job. They did a better job of taking care of the basketball tonight, okay see, okay, se had gotten You know, they were starting.
Speaker 2: To turn the ball over, and they really do a great job of turning all over.
Speaker 1: Jaylen Williams had four, but for the most part, you know, Shaye only had two. Lou Dort had one, Honger and had one, so then it really turned. They did a great job of protecting the ball. But when you look at them, they shoot you let okay see, okay see shoot forty seven, forty eight in one game. I think they were like fifty percent from the floor. You gonna catch hell beating them because it's because they put so much pressure on you.
Speaker 2: The likelihood of you shooting fifty percent. Now we showed it.
Speaker 1: I think we saw the other night in game three, I think they shot fifty percent.
Speaker 2: But okay, see, do a great job with all those wing defended.
Speaker 1: When you got Jaylen Williams, you got lou Dort, you got Caruso, you got Wigged, you got Wallace, you got guys that can.
Speaker 2: Defend multiple, multiple possessions.
Speaker 1: So in other words, hey we can slide hey close out here, he give it up close out there, so you're gonna have to be on your best behavior. I just thought Indiana panic a little bit. They started shooting some shots that they wouldn't normally take guys in the fourth quarter because I think they can feel the movemental start to slip, and everybody wanted to be that guy to hit that big three, to quitible metal, to put us back, to put us back in. Like, hey, everybody's looking at hell. They moment talk about age the Steph Curry, we good eight. Don't worry about me, don't like step in it in the Olympics, don't worry about me.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, hey, and it got it got away from.
Speaker 3: Them for me, it might have. He might have got away from uncle. But I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you how it's gonna go. I told you how to see I was gonna go. I told you how well before it even started. I told you at this point, at four games, it would be too to Joe, you owe me some money. Nah, right now, I'm giving you the opportunity. I'm giving you the opportunity, Joe. I'm giving you the opportunities well to change your decision on who you have with in the finals.
Speaker 1: Man, you got Chill, you got Joe, you got you got Chailly touring o Joe. When you look at OKC, for me, I love the fact that they didn't settle for the three. They shot seventeen threes, they made three of them. They was getting to the cup. They was putting the onus on the riff. You look at the pacers that they doubled them in three point attempts, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like them guys was putting their head down for.
Speaker 1: OKC getting to the cup, making plays and for whatever reason, uh, it just wasn't much resistance there. I thought nim Hart, I thought he played great man for three quarters against Shaye.
Speaker 2: The way he guarded them, yep, I agree. Look Shaye a couple of.
Speaker 1: Times he was like, man, y'all gonna bring that thing up. I'm gonna get down in position hey, because that boy was on his back pockets. Man, he wasn't letting him breathe I'm talking about busting through picks, just making him work.
Speaker 2: You want to tire him out.
Speaker 1: And like I said, I think when he caught his second win because he got tired early, you know, he was able to withstanding that and uh, and put his stamp on the game.
Speaker 2: Lay in that four quarter. You know what too, Joe, I'm gonna add this.
Speaker 1: And I think sometimes as coaches, and I'm these coaches get this thinge like you just talking about them are playing great defense. Sometimes you gotta respect who the MVP is. Yeah, I'm tired of I'm watching these games now. The only thing I cann't like. And we saw this and we've watched basketball our whole life, all of us have. Now somebody else got it beat me. I'm telled that we should we shouldn't get coming on these shows talking about Shade beat us. Now we know you know them guys are great, but when you gonna send a double, well, we're gonna make somebody else beat us.
Speaker 2: That's the thing I got a problem with.
Speaker 1: Listen, all these coaches making four, five, ten, twelve, thirteen million dollars, we firing t hims, We're doing all these things to coach. But sometimes man as a coach, respect the player, respect that this guy's skills say he's the MVP for a reason. So if I'm gonna lose as a coach, and I'm not the brightest guy that never coached before in my life. But I played this game my whole life. I'm gonna make somebody else beat me. I'm just gonna just live and die. One thing I know. It's a Chicago Bulls fan. It's a couple of great shots that I always remember that Steve Kirk making a three point shot against Utah bj Armshaw making big shots. You know why, because Michael Jordan got double team and he made the right play. That's what we used to criticize Lebron and James. I Shay, I know you loved le Bron. Wish to criticize Lebron James for not taking those shots. He always made the right play. Sometimes force these superstars to make the right play. That's the problem. I can't just keep I'm not gonna let Shape beat me. I'm not gonna go home at night and know that I let Shade beat me in.
Speaker 2: A one on one.
Speaker 1: I sold well I could double team him or force somebody else to beat me.
Speaker 2: This is what we know. We say so many superstars.
Speaker 1: You guys know this that we give guys high praise because they made big shots and big moments. And not to go ahead Robert Horvey, but Harbar Urdy made about seven of them because you want a.
Speaker 2: Double team shot.
Speaker 1: You want a double ting and Kobe, I'm gonna make this shot or dream or Kim Duncan if you let a got her as the guy. The guy got twenty, he got twenty. Shade had twenty four shot attempts and ten free throws. So you let so and Joe we talked about this, and know Joe, we were talking about this bro getting you see Game three, they trapped it did he tried to get in that picking roll that trapped to make him get a ball up. He turned it over. They got jump balls. Whatever the case may be. Stop letting him play one on one. The really every great player in the NBA, if you let him play one on one, they're gonna average thirty plus. You must, you must. It's like a great receiver. Oh Joe, you got the double it. I don't care how great your dB is. They're gonna hey, hey, he gonna get it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: You keep PULLU and Poe. Oh man, we played what we played. That's that's what we do. Okay, what we do.
Speaker 2: What we do. Gonna have your home, tim but man, and we were so close.
Speaker 1: They ate. You just come back and get better next your hell, now a towring. And I agree with y'all sending the double. But here's one thing. You gotta take a look at where he's ioing from, which is at like the top of the key, kind of like a little bit of butter free throw line. That's a hard place to double. Man, that's a hard place to double. So when I see them getting him in his spots, that's pretty much where he operated from the night. You know, get a double there, you know you're giving up something easy. So I think Casey understood that, and the fact that Shaye didn't have an assist. He had it on his mind he was gonna play in that isolation and he was gonna get to his spots.
Speaker 2: Toe.
Speaker 1: Look he taking them, He taking them bumps in the mid posts, and he's still on balance making them tough shots.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He made a lot of tough baskets to night. So you can't think about it, Joe, we too too. Now they're going through this thing too too. So the strategy you just talked about, which is right, and you're right, he's getting in the sweet spot where he can still score the basketball. But guess what I'm gonna do. Let me see if these other guys can make this shot. Let me just trup one game. Let me just trup one up to two doing it that way. Let me see if these guys can make it. Let me see if a guy can step up and make it. Every you throw this, Joe, everybody ready for that that that kool aid may not get no sugar in a right down at the time that kool aid.
Speaker 2: Don't go on there?
Speaker 1: Did that kool aid got put some sugar in a be a little bitter? All them guys have ready to take them shots.
Speaker 2: Now, God love him, says You're absolutely right, O Joe.
Speaker 1: You look at the man had twenty four shots and no and no free throw and no as so you knew early on with a y'all better get it off the glass.
Speaker 2: You want to shot, get it off the glass. Because I ain't passing.
Speaker 3: Listening, I was gonna ask you, right, so think about this with the paces right when it comes to trapping. When it comes to trapping, GA that the mounting energy you have to exert to trap him, whether it be at half for it, whether it be at the top of the key, depending.
Speaker 2: On where he is on the court, does it hurt them?
Speaker 3: The paces on the office and exert that much any energy defensively in just one player as opposed to let him.
Speaker 2: Do what he does.
Speaker 1: Nah. Only reason why not because they scored by they random into you absolutely commit. They're a random team, so they're not necessarily It's not like you using that's this hypotheta saying Kobe Brown and Michael Jordan and Lombron James and those guys are running around trapping. You're talking about a team that's that's random anyway offensively, So why not double them? I just say, let's try something else. I just I can't feel comfortable if I'm an Indiana Pacers coach, if I'm a player knowing that we left shape beat us and I'm not taking anything away from the other guys. But he can't dictate this pace all the way through. We watched Joker do this back to back two years in a row, try to dictate the pace, dictate everything. I'm not letting one guy dictate the pace on me. I'm gonna double make somebody else beat me. That's what the playoffs, that's what certain guys have made heroes, Guys that we talk about. The sixth, seventh, eighth gall of Team, we we always talking about them. I've been a Chicago guy affair. I would say I wanted time, but I remember Steve Kurrk, John Packson, you know, Horse Grant be on one and ten Luke Low because those guys had to make big shots and make big plays. I agree because Michael Jordan got double team. Michael still got his thirty and forty had his moments. But those why remember those guys, their household names of Chicago, me living in here. People loved them to death because they made big shots in these moments. I gotta make if I'm gonna lose, to feel good going home in the summer, I gotta be like, hey, that that second, you know it. Those other guys beat me. We did the best job we could do on Shae get because Alexander Andiana just like that, giving them. They can't coned you too. You can't have both. I gotta make you can't. They got go ahead, Joe, give give. We gotta give Rick Carlis some credit, dude, guys, because he's made adjustments. When we said, hey, look man, you gotta switch up that pick and roll defense, he did that turnshe over had him a little flustered in Game three, and you know they was able to pull the pull the game out. I think come down game five, Yeah to one. Like y'all said, I think he will start sending a double. Even if he isolated the top, they may just send another guy. But I'm sure you know, Rick Carli has been great throughout this postseason. I can see him making that adjustment right there just to where Okay, if he get it in this sweet spot, if he about to go, he put it on the floor.
Speaker 2: We coming, we coming.
Speaker 1: So I look forward to the Pacers making the make an adjustment in Game five, and because it's gonna be a tough ony.
Speaker 2: Ok see, man, they gonna be ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think you know, Indiana had some breakdowns in the fourth quarter. You saw Check get a put back dump. They got a couple of putbacks in there because the rotation wasn't what it needed to be. And you have a lapse, and you know, you get fatigued or you see field the momentum slipping away. But you've got to stay focused. That's the thing about in sports. When the rubber needs to meet the roll. If it's late in the ball game, say the last five or six minutes in a football game, the last five minutes in a basketball game, or whatever the case may be, you've got the maintainer level of focus because a momentary slip could be the difference in winning and losing.
Speaker 2: The ball game. And I thought Indiana had some lapses in that fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: Late in the ball game, Check get a put back dunk, Caruso got a rebound. And but like I said, I thought Caruso to night, Caruso had his Mathroom moment like Mathron had his twenty seven and game three game, I thought Caruso was really the difference, especially early, like he didn't do a whole lot late, but earling the ball he was sensation. Hey, look, I ain't think Hartenstein played great, but he played well enough. Like we say, with that big line up, especially in their fourth quarter down the stretch, they got some easy extra second chance points.
Speaker 2: And that's what we was talking about.
Speaker 1: You play that small ball toe you don't get them, you don't get them extra them second chance points. I thought Hearnstein had a couple of tip back tip outs to where they tipped it back after where they got a second opportunity and they scored on them on them baskets. Yeah, my last thing I'm gonna add to Joe into this situation, just so you can hit me out on this. As a guy who played and we played it against the guy Dirt Nowinsky in the two thousands and in the finals of two thousand and six, it kind of reminds me of a you know, of a Shade and the way the team is kind of constructed as far as I.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but what we did with them, what we did with Dirt.
Speaker 1: He so you Donna's Hausen, who was probably the best defender on he saw James Posey, Our guarded them, myself, Zog, so you four or five different defenders on that guy. It's a different look. We didn't stop Dirt. I would never be the first. I'll be the first to admit his numbers speak for itself. In the finals against US in six, we didn't stop them, but we gave him different looks. So I make that point to say, stop giving Shade the same looks. Dumple them a little bit, get it out of his hands sometime now, force him to do something else. Shane's not a great three point shooter, no, you know what I'm saying, Make him shoot the threes.
Speaker 2: Side on him a little bit.
Speaker 1: I just hate when you keep doing the same thing at thinking that now you gotta change it up. Put some put some mind, put some thought in his mind. He may have to change this game up a little bit. But he knows right now, he knows every sweet squaddy get into. He knows when you're coming, you're not giving me no doubles. Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, the greatest players that ever play this game, has got double team all of a sudden shade. Don't get double team for a reason when you're giving up one twenty shape yea, If I'm giving up one twenty, y'all might as well double man. If they make open three that make up for three, I might as won double we plan in the one twenties. Anyway, I'm gonna play. I'm trying to play that way, So why not double Respect the man for being an MVP. He didn't win the war overnight. He ironed it. He was the best player in the league. He could have won or two years in a row. The dudes on the road. You gotta respect what he's doing right now, and that's double them and make somebody else beat me. And until Indiana makes that commitment, they probably not gonna get out the series.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, all right, we're gonna move on.
Speaker 1: Josh Hart issued a warning about those talking about Thibodeau. He said, all y'all talking trash about thebs lame his hells. A different direction was taken, but y'all should be appreciative for what he did for the team and the organization. What I didn't understand, and it's baffling to me. And I said this, How you gonna fire man and you don't have somebody already lined up?
Speaker 2: You gonna fire man?
Speaker 1: And then you talk about you want to go talk to other people, people that already got jobs.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna let you. They're not gonna let you talk to their coach.
Speaker 1: It's like me, I'm gonna sell my house, but I ain't got no place to stay. What damn, oh, y'all I need to have? Hey, I gotta temb houses. I got something already lined up. This looks so bad if the Knicks knew how bad they look currently because now you're asking for permission. Can we talk to Jason Kidd? Okay, we talked to Ime Doka. Can we talk to this one? Can we talk to that one. No, no, no, Now you spent your attention and it seems like Brown, Mike Brown or Taylor Jenkins who at the at the Grizzly they seem to be the number one contenders. This is a bad look. I'm not saying. Look, you can say whatever you want to say. Okay, maybe Tims need to go. He's grinding gets guys down too much in the regular season. But at least have a plan. Okay, we're gonna get rid of Tims. This is who we want. But you're probably want to have somebody lined up that doesn't have a job, because the likelihood of somebody.
Speaker 2: I'm a Doka was in the playoff they had the number two seed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm just a Jason Kidd like hold on, yeah, I like the Knicks, but we're gonna get Kyrie back.
Speaker 2: I got anthro the David and we're gonna have the number one pick in Cooper flag. Why I want to.
Speaker 3: Go nont But hey, Torn, and I mean torn, Uncle Joe, you gotta think about it, right, this is a player move.
Speaker 2: Though this is a player move the players. Someone had to someone had to.
Speaker 3: Say something to the folks upstairs, the upper management about TIBs again. You hear all the time about him grinding his players and the regular season in the postseason and playing too many minutes and then tired themselves out and not really being able to play.
Speaker 2: Towards end the games.
Speaker 3: Because most of the time in business, when it comes when you're gonna fire a coach, you already have somebody. You already have a successor in mind and in order before you even fire somebody. Most of the time, I know, I know, I'm not tripping it. In football, it's the same way. If you get head coach, you're already know who's the next person gonna be. Now, you don't see anything publicly, but behind closed doors, you would have made the call and you already got your eyes got it, and you got damn t's crossed. Before you fire anybody.
Speaker 1: You just in college toy before you go. You know, in college sports they do this all the time. Got fired, got Let me go talk to somebody from Texas, Let me talk to somebody from Alabama, let me talk to somebody from LSU. Will know to Dame and you can offer him ten fifteen. But you don't see that in pro sports. You don't see somebody saying, Okay, John, I mean it's happened. Hasn't happen in football? You remember John Druden. He had a job and he ended up going to Tampa. Coach Belichick had a job with the Jets, he goes to the Patriots. I think Herm Edwards had a job and he ended up going elsewhere. But it doesn't happen in pro basketball. So I agree with you, Joe, Like you said, if I'm gonna get rid of something, do not need to have something already lined up. Oh I'm selling my car. You already got a car. No, I ain't got no car. I just go I'm gonna figure out what's get rid of what. You will figure it out once you get rid of yours. You figure it out before you get rid of yours. So that way is a seamless transition. Go ahead, guys, Let me let me just say this. I think when you look at this, guys, and I know you guys have had many comments on this I've been on but you look at a city that probably thought that team was better than what they were, and you're looking at the organization up top that probably thought that team was better than what they was. You played against the Boston self team and lost Jason Tatum. Let's not devalue how good Jason Tatum is. So you was able to get by and put yourself in position to possibly get to the finals. That's cool, But the problem is the next roster is not good enough to win an NBA title. Let's get us that roster is not good enough to win it. It's not Tim's fault. I think Tim has done an excellent job to be able to get what he got out that group, to make them relevant, to make them a really good playoff team. But now you get the bus, the fans coming to the game, you got the celebrities, you got all the stars coming to the game. Everybody's starting to think about championship. You have to build towards that. You gotta have the white personnel, and that's unfortunate that Doland don't understand that you put a good product on the floor and you've gave the Knicks fans something to cheer about. Appreciate that part. If you able to get over the hump, you get over the hump, but you don't have the right personnel to get over the hup. You still got the Pacers the team that's played you last three four years. The Pacers team has been together four years. Yeah, yeah, they've been together four years. The boss and stuff is that Jason Tatum don't get hurt. Were probably talking to having a whole different conversation right now, So you got to put that in perspective. That's what I don't like the fact that they fired Tears because it wasn't his fault. He's done a great job with the group that he's had, and.
Speaker 2: That's been him. I saw him in Chicago. I saw first hands.
Speaker 1: I saw him have a great point guard and Derrick Rose ride that point guard and build that team around defense and a great point guard. He did the same thing in New York with Rick Brunson and what they built there, and they're successful. They're very good playoffs. That's gonna compete night in, night out sometimes and joking contest to this and even oh Joe Shall you could test this too. As athletes, we obviously want to win a championship. That's the go, but sometimes you just not there. You just can't get over them. You can need a little luck. You need to stay a little injury free. You know what I'm saying. You gotta stay a little injury free. I have had a little luck, but sometimes it just don't happen. The good organizations stick with you and build on that. That's why I like the Patients because that group has been together now three four years. That's what makes the end of the Patients kind of special, because that's why I root for them, because they one of the few organizations that's stuck with their court guys and giving them a real chance to see if they can actually get it done. And they're in the finals right now to two with a chance to get it done. The next is that's a bad decision that Tims is a great coach. He has his question marks or how he how he rest is guys and how we obviously he wears guys out. But besides that, you're gonna do nothing but win. I was in Chicago. He's you number win in Chicago and he has done number winning New York. I don't know why the man lose his job. Stop putting championship on everybody. You gotta have the person now. To win a championship, you gotta have you gotta.
Speaker 2: Have a personnel, man.
Speaker 1: I think I think they felt they had to make a decision. Fellas you know what I'm saying. Considering the fact that they lost to the Pacers two years in a row, you know, they felt like they had to make a move to you know, maybe maybe a license Fi and some guys, because for me, I felt the Knicks had I felt they got a pretty good team.
Speaker 2: Now they ain't deep, they ain't no d team.
Speaker 1: But when you know and and Nobly and uh what Bridge bridges like, those dudes gotta do more. You know with Brusson, you know kind of uh holding the ball for so long, I think you you depend on them for so much.
Speaker 2: That you know, those guys really don't have rhythm.
Speaker 1: They don't have no rhythm in continuity outside of playing hard and playing good defense. So I felt the Knicks, fell Man, weren't lost to this team two years in a row.
Speaker 2: We gotta do something. We gotta make a move.
Speaker 1: And y'all know the players make a lot of money, so you know it's gonna be the first one to go.
Speaker 2: The coach gotta go first. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The problem that the Knicks, you know what the problem The Knicks had expectations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dame Liler toy A kileis okay.
Speaker 1: So now they're only one guy that can beat us in Milwaukee, Jason Tatum goes down.
Speaker 2: So now it's smooth sailing.
Speaker 1: We got the Indiana Pacers and we're home, so we should we should be able to so once it because eight nobody had the Knicks going to the NBA Finals at the start of the Eastern Conference playoffs nobody. But what happened was you get, you get Dame goes down, you get Jason Tatum goes down. Uh, Indiana beat Cleveland, the Knicks beat Boston, Oh we got we got the Pacers. If so, now the expectation is exponedential and so now when it doesn't happen, oh, it's Tim's fault. It's Tim's fault. But damn he did a great job to get at y'all there. And then you don't have a backup plan. You don't if let's just say, for the sake of argument, they wanted to move in a different direction, and they said, well, we were thinking about this the whole season, and we're not gonna let go into the Eastern Conference finals. Deter us, who's gonna be your coach? If Dallas pad Jason Kidd, Okay, you gotta go. You got got no problem If one of the coaches that you're trying to get an opportunity to talk to gets fired, Okay, what happens if they don't?
Speaker 2: Who is your coach? Man?
Speaker 1: It's it's some other good veteran coaches out here, because obviously that's what they're looking for, some guy, some guy who's been around, some guy who's won. And there's a few of them out here, man, And I'm sure they'll find somebody. But ye had to be looking for guys who are already in great coaching situations. Hell, I wouldn't be trying to leave neither. But see you say they are great coaches out there. If they were, if the Knicks one of those guys, they would have never asked permission to interview somebody that already had a job, because if you believe somebody is already available, Hey, you believe somebody's available, I don't need to talk to anybody else.
Speaker 2: What I'm looking for is right there.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna have to give up draft compensation and I'm not gonna have to pay an overpay because if you trying, if you got a job, what's the situation. What makes you think I'm not leaving my job unless I get assurances. You're gonna have to give me a contract before I leave. Man, he no assurance in us. Now I take this, I say, yeah, I'll interview. They grant me position, give a permission to go interview for the job. I don't get the job, and the team that I left say, nah, were good. We going to different direction now you Nona, Hey, Shinea, Joe Chad. Let me just tell you this weren't there. We weren't in the room. I can just a massive being in the room. You got Wes, Leon Rose, all these different guys in the room. If y'all, y'all, masterman, y'all come up. We need to fire Tims. It's something wrong. That's what those guys thought about. And like you just said, you just made it out a point.
Speaker 2: You don't have.
Speaker 1: Another coach already lined up. It ain't the coaching. Tims got you over the other. He built the culture, He started the culture there, so why would you take him out of the spot that he's in. Sometime you gotta look at your personnel. Don't get me wrong, I think the Knicks are a very good team. Do I think they're a championship team? Absolutely not. But they are a very good team. But also say this, and Joe, you can you understand that your best player six to one, It's gonna be hard. And I'm not saying that your best player is six' one.
Speaker 2: Championship with, That.
Speaker 1: Steph curry is one of the top ten players to ever played the. Game we're not Talking we're not talking about. Him we're talking About Rick, bruston who's a very good. Player to, me is all the fame. Player he is all The fame. PLAYER i got all the respect For Rick, Bruston but your best player Is Rick. Brusson call out The towns is a great number two or number. Three, yeah they tried them once with him In. Minnesota he's a great number two or number. Three AND i like the way call that The towns has praised since he been in. There but, no you like the way he played the last couple of games getting to the Red, no he off was too much round the three port light of twe he. Does but, say you gotta realize. This you gotta bring your expectations to Real this was most of most of these.
Speaker 2: Teams you gotta have real.
Speaker 1: Expectations you're building something, There you're building a situation where you're gonna be able to compete maybe for the next five or six, years and give you a fan base something to cheer. About do That tims has did. That you gotta do. That sometimes you can't Cut he's built the culture. There get that man of chance to continue to build and add a piece of.
Speaker 2: Two your best player can't be sixty. One.
Speaker 1: Man i'm just trying to tell you that's what they think. About knowing, well it wasn't they gave Up it was it Wasn't. Tim they gave up five first round draft picks For Michel. Bridges, yeah so now you really Don't so what AM i Gonna what AM i gonna?
Speaker 2: TRY i, mean you, say, WELL i want this, guy want that.
Speaker 1: Guy you don't have draft, capital and so you want to try to keep your car. Together you want to probably try to keep o G you probably want to try to Keep Josh hart because he's Your Swiss Harby.
Speaker 2: Knight he's the guy that does it.
Speaker 1: All he played, defense he can, assist he can, rebound he could score a. Little you're not counting on him to go give you twenty a, night but if he can give you ten to, twelve ten to. Fourteen he gonna give you six or seven. Rebounds he's gonna give you six to, seven, eight, nine ten or. Six sometimes he'll give you a triple. Double so and you want o g but you. Don't you're not. Deep you got five guys in your probably you normally go too deep off the. Bench you Go, miles you Go miles, McBride and you go, uhh and you Go, Mitchell Mitchell. Robinson that's really all you. Go, now you Let Landry shammitt play a little bit late in the ball, game late in the, series but that's not you only play five.
Speaker 2: Guys you don't have a deep.
Speaker 1: Team so and and so when and like you, said, guys you're six one. Guy well you're talking about What Steph curry was only six, Too But Steph curry's. Transcended Tell Steph curry is a historically great. Player isaiah was the leader of his. Team but you can't just say just because somebody could score thirty or to give a night so oh, yeah he could lead a. Team it's more to that than you just scoring back. Buckets, YEAH i, AGREE i. AGREE i think they top, five they starting. Five they can compete with anybody in the. League but it's the, depth you, know when you don't have a depth like a lot of these teams have out of like An, indiana like AN, okc somebody who can come off your bench and win you a game or two in the. Postseason, toe, Oh, jo it's gonna be hard to win because you put so much pressure on this On Jalen, Brunson.
Speaker 2: Cat you, know you put so.
Speaker 1: Much you put so much on this on those guys for them to come out and be consistent every, night to give you thirty plus points just for you to just for you to win a.
Speaker 2: Game AND i think that's tough for.
Speaker 1: Them SO i think as far as depth, wise they got to bring them, guys some help, man some guys that can come off that bitch and infect the game in a different.
Speaker 2: Way, well we knew game after. Game well let me just go after this.
Speaker 1: One Joe, andocho we were on and we, said after game, one The knicks are in. Trouble you got forty three From, brunson you got thirty fix From call after the, towns and you still. Lost AND i asked the, QUESTION i, say, so what's the likelihood that they can score forty plus and thirty and over thirty, five and because if you still get that many think about how many points you got from your two big, guns and they shot a great, percentage they were, very very, efficient and you. Lost if they gave you anything less than, that they're a great likelihood you were going to lose this. Series and So i'm not surprised they lost this series considering game. One but the QUESTION i would to pose you there were reports that some of the players thought That Rick, Brunson Jalen brunson's dad who's an, assistant had too much say is this some move or they trying to Get rick bru with a worldwide west Of Leon.
Speaker 2: Rose would they give that job To Rick. Brunson, NAH i don't think they won't give it to. Him but let me ask you.
Speaker 1: Something as a as an assistant, coach and you guys know, this we all play. Sports he's supposed to have an opinion with gods of my sons on the.
Speaker 2: Staff EITHER i want to take pride in my.
Speaker 1: Job IF i was assistant coach with, MYSELF i still want the other guys to respect.
Speaker 2: Me you gotta have an. Opinion we don't know.
Speaker 1: How tills felt About Rick bruston he played for, him he prayed for him when he was with the next he he already Know. Rick what if he Thinks Rick BASKETBALL iq is for the, Roof we don't know. That he's a part of his. Staff it ain't just but this is the. Pros it's not, college this not high. School, well you got to bring the dad in sometimes to get the kid to come the. Pros he probably really, Felt he probably really Trusted Rick. Basketball he probably really trust his. Opinion SO i can't say That i'm not gonna do. That And Ellen brusting has been nothing but great since he's been with The. Knicks with his.
Speaker 2: Dad on the.
Speaker 1: Bench it ain't too many guys that can say that that played well with his dad on the bench and gets it, done not, in not. Out it ain't too many guys that can say that that's not. It the problem with the THE nixt problem is the expectations are too. High don't your expectations hot because now you got a, buzz you had a great. Season take nothing away from that bill towards the. Championship take that luck this. Year make your lost guys come. Back add a piece of. Two you don't fire the, coach come. Back add one piece of. Two now you gotta hire a whole new, coach and now you feel like you Gotta now you gotta feel like you gotta add two three pieces to the. Bench think about it now you think now you now you really messed. Up well you could have just easy, said, hey well we've dropped the. Ball we're gonna be back next. Year maybe you may add another piece off the, bench maybe two pieces that can help you out and get you over the. Hub you Got Jason, Tatum Who's i'm looking at? Everything If I'm Jason, tatum probably when coming, Back tatum not coming, Back tatum not coming back until twenty, six you could.
Speaker 2: Know What i'm.
Speaker 1: Saying he's not. Coming he's not. Coming he's not coming back this. Year he coming back in twenty seventh. Season so think All i'm worried about right? Now If i'm looking in The, East, okay the pace is gonna be good again next. Year milwaukee's Probably i'm looking At i'm looking at they ain't not coming back Right so Now i'm in the Next so What i'm gonna blow up? For that's why you know management is bad up top got up and plus let's See Cleveland. CLEVELAND i don't Think. Cleveland cleveland's not in a position to make a. Move so they Got, theyok they coming. Back let's see what the heat. Does obviously he's gonna make a run At Kevin. Durant why wouldn't. You but they're not gonna be the only one that can make a run At Kevin. Durant do they have enough, assets do they have enough pieces or what are they willing to give up to Get Kevin. Durant now you read that The suns are dropping their asking price BECAUSE i, mean he's thirty seven and he's kind of he's been he's injury From is he a great? Player, Yes but if you go back and look At vandon rams, history he's been, nicked he's myth time knee ankled, Issues so that weighs. In that's dropping his. Price and just Because McHale bridges went for five first round, picks everybody gonna be that. Dog just Because rudy gober went for four first round, picks everybody gonna be that.
Speaker 2: Dog you know Why Kevin DURANT kV.
Speaker 1: Moved he makes fifty five fifty six million dollars next, year so he's not gonna be you, know somebody got to take him at thirty, seven thirty eight years. Old we all KNOW kd can produce at that. Number that's not a. Problem he's gonna give you twenty five thirty points a. Night it depends on what your organizations wanting to give up a couple of their drive picks to get A kd at a younger. AGE i mean at an older. Age i'm, sorry at an older. Age that's all it comes. Down so he's gonna. Produce kd's gonna be. There he's a he's a, baller he's a. Scorer you know what you're give him WITH.
Speaker 2: Kd the problem is his numbers.
Speaker 1: High you talk about the guy that makes fifty plus fifty plus, Million you gotta decide what you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Do do we want.
Speaker 1: To put fifty in a guy that's thirty six thirty seven years old and see if we can get two years out of. Him that's why he looks good for The Houston. Rockets The Houston rockets can use a veteran guy that can score the. Basketball, yeah got some young they got some young, assets and you could put what that little core they got and maybe get them over the Hum we just Watched houston the playoffs dominate number two. Seeds, yeah we miss watch, them but they. Misscoring If i'm the they miss, scoring they missed a guy to be able to go to to get them a. Bucket K d fills that gap if you have assets to. Move it's all about assets with K. D K d still at that, level it's a matter of what's two one age for a guy who's probably got two years at the level of they his playing at right, now his number is, high it becomes a number. Game do you what can you give? Up because he's making he'll make fifty sixty million dollars a. Year that's how that comes down TO. Kd he's.
Speaker 2: There what you, think, You Joe.
Speaker 1: Man If i'm The, Pistons i'm trying to add him to this young group of guys THAT i have With cade and them young dolls that you got over, THERE i think THAT i think he'll fit seamlessly over, there toe and. Oho you know WHAT i, mean because he's a bona fide.
Speaker 2: Scorer. Bro we know.
Speaker 1: That. Now you could, say, oh he thirty, seven but he got at least another couple of, years another good couple of years in him and playing on the team like. That w he don't have to do that much dirty work, defensively you know WHAT i. Mean he can just be smooth and go out there and give you a cool twenty five to thirty two a, night because that's what they was missing in the.
Speaker 2: Postseason man Ain't. Joe, Look i'm on.
Speaker 1: This i'm on, this, this this show right now with three athletic guys that took care of every body's great.
Speaker 2: Shape. Guys you guys know THAT kd is one of those.
Speaker 1: Guys, yeah take care of his. Body he gonna get two more. Years that's why bron is still. Playing you, know you guys aren't lead. CLASS i didn't do what you guys did as far as body. Wise you guys are elite guys that took care of they body throughout their. CAREER kd can give you two, Years, Joe, yeah he can give you two years.
Speaker 2: At a high.
Speaker 1: Level, hey think about it to, one especially playing in The. East, well you you already Know. BOSTON i, mean they gonna they probably gonna be decent, still but you know With, tatum they ain't gonna be they a't gonna Be boston with our, Tape, look at look At Dame. Milwaukee dang gonna so the opportunity in The East, man it's wide, Open. Joe the problem is right now With. Boston it's the. Thing and we'll talk about this on some later. Shows but you got a new ownership, group they take it, over bring that. Up they gonna break it. Up, there you're gonna shine. IT i was you about to say? WHAT i was gonna shake. That it's a business decision for. Them they may, decide, hey they don't want to start off on the rear and and those type of. Salaries you got seven guys on The celtics making top. Dollar do they want to continue to pay. That i'm talking about The, pazingers The, HOLIDAYS i mean even even The Jack white here And Dareck white making one Of, hey you got so many guys on that team that's making big.
Speaker 2: Money you don't know what direction this new ownership may.
Speaker 1: Go we just saw The Dallas mavericks ownership take control and trade away they they most they franchised. Player we saw them trade Away. Luca so you don't. Know this new ownership make group may come in after they, pay whether they pay five billion dollars for The celtics without in the, run without in the. Arena same you got to think about they don't got an. Arena they might want to take care of the arena. First they might want to make sure they got in the arena they're playing. First so you, know these guys are. Businessman you don't know if THEY i can commit it to this type of winning and this type of salaries with these. Guys so we don't know what The celtics is gonna do right. Now so it's wide open right. Now that's what's crazy about The. Knicks you for a situation where things are wide. Open, well you got two top players on The Milwaukee bucks and on The Boston celtics that are coming out Torn. Achilles Two hall Of fame. PLAYERS i don't want to break that. Up One i'm gonna break the coach. Up i'm gonna give him another shot at. This, yeah you, know you gotta see what. Happens Call Anthony. Towns was hurt when you get one hundred percent Called Anthony towns That Indian Ana sirians may go. DIFFERENT i could be, wrong it may go, different but one hundred percent Called Anthony towns may change that. Serious he played great all. YEAR i thought he rejuvenated. HIMSELF i thought he had a monster. Year but you, know ain't got hurt at the end of the. Year he wasn't right at the end of the. YEAR i ain't Gonna i'm not gonna beat him. Up i'm not gonna beat up on him like. That he wasn't right at the end of the year health, wise and it cost Step. Bo thank you for joining us, tonight. Man we really appreciate you breaking down this. Game, okay see one Eleven indiana one oh. Four thanks for the. Insight, hey game, seven come back and join us if we go seven and break down who won and why they.
Speaker 2: Won oh, Yeah i'll be here, baby all. Right appreciate one.
Speaker 3: Volume