Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stanovec. Let's get to some stocks on the move today. Bloomberg Earnings reporter Red Brown is in the house and we start with due Lingo, a favorite of Tim.
Speaker 4: I love du a lingo play every day.
Speaker 1: All right, well, you might not need to do a lingo for much longer after this is crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well this, like the shares have been on a little bit of a rollercoaster since Apple announced that their new air pods will have that automatic translation within them. They were down around five percent out their announcement. They're actually up eight percent today, so they have reverse those declines. But I don't know, I think it's a really interesting story about kind of what the company with the place of the company is going to be.
Speaker 4: I feel like this was such a sleeper hit with Apple's announcement this week, I was like, I agree. Like my wife and I were talking about this and she's like, whatever new iPhones is, but did you.
Speaker 1: Hear of them?
Speaker 5: Did you hear about these air pods that do real time.
Speaker 1: Translates science fiction. I think it's like it's like it's like from all the movies you've ever seen where people just like speak in their natural language and then you hear in your in your natural language. Right, So it's it's amazing what.
Speaker 5: What what happens to the world though, Like do.
Speaker 1: We not learn languages?
Speaker 5: Which is really sad. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know either. I mean, I don't know what I would be great to speak with with dou a linguin kind of how they're thinking about. I mean, they have been pushing into some of the other areas like chess and math and music and things like that. Maybe they see the writing on the wall with languages kind of starting to fade in the background.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna need to bring their c suite in here.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do it.
Speaker 5: We'll do that. Chess though we do a lot.
Speaker 4: We do do lego chess every day at home, do you Yeah, that's we actually do that more than language.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk to you. If you're not playing chess, you might be watching something on Netflix or.
Speaker 1: Maybe or maybe or maybe you might be moving over to Paramount or to to one of the other streamers. But I think interesting kind of story for for Netflix and an interesting kind of situation. Their shares are down three and a half percent today, still doing great for the year, up thirty five percent. That's three times more than the S five hundred. I think Netflix is kind of I think it's uncontroversially they were crowned the streaming king, but I think they might be looking over their their shoulders a little bit now with sky Dance the news today that they will be attempting to buy Warner Bros. Just because of the ip that that that that Warner Bros. Discovery has DC comics, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, also video games. It's another area that Netflix has kind of struggled to crack into. So yeah, we'll see what this kind of means for Netflix. Those other names that I mentioned, Warner Bros. And Paramount are up today so on the news, So the market clearly likes this deal.
Speaker 4: I mean also just thinking of like from a consumer perspective, one fewer service you have to subscribe to.
Speaker 5: I subscribe to everything. It costs so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole screen of stuff to choose from.
Speaker 1: I just got my like subscription report and I was for the year, and I was shocked. It's sort of like, yeah, make some hard decisions.
Speaker 4: Back to Bundling's Yeah, So, I mean then you have Paramount and Warner Brothers Discovery Content and all in one app. So they're doing like h HBO plus what you know, whatever you're watching on Paramount too.
Speaker 1: I know south Park, I don't know, Yeah, less wholesome. He goes from Chess to south Park.
Speaker 3: That's tim standard in a nutshell. I let's talk about Adobe reported earnings after the close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shares were up around five percent in the kind of immediate aftermath of the company raising its outlook for the year. They gave an quarterly outlook that was ahead of expectations as well, kind of from top to bottom. The shares now around three percent, So maybe some of the enthusiasm has has Dims CEO is pretty positive about the AI transaction they're starting to see, and that really is the big question for Adobe. There are the incumbent in this area. There are these new companies that you know, even even chatch Ebt. You can just type natural language say I want an image that looks like this. I mean, that was really the domain of Adobe for so long, so that there's still probably will be questions around that. And also that kind of means like how much can they price for these issues, for these new tools, it's expensive to invest in Still, I think a lot of questions for Adobe. But this is kind of a positive for the company during a year of kind of bad news. Shares our down twenty percent for the year, so maybe they're going to start climbing out of this hole. But but kind of remains to be seen. All right, Can we.
Speaker 3: Talk about another IPO today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll do my best.
Speaker 5: Do you want to helock on the blockchain?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: That's the question?
Speaker 3: That is just I can't get my head around it.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not going to pretend like I know what this company does, but it is a exciting IPO today. I think it also is interesting just the kind of it's it's broken the dam I guess if you will. For like other crypto IPOs as well, we're talking about Figure Technology Solutions, a ticker is now fig R. They ipo. This morning, shares were up as much as forty percent. They closed around twenty four percent above the ipo price. It's a blockchain credit company.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, loans home equery lines of credit on the blockchain, and they can say they can do it faster than others.
Speaker 3: I kind of get it, Like I understand the blockchain part of crypto. It's a crypto part of crypto that I have a hard time really well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all. It's all I need Apple the AirPods that translate all this for me. We need like the crypto translation of what it all means.
Speaker 3: But nonetheless did pretty well, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know they Obviously there's a lot of enthusiasm for these stocks. That Gemini, the crypto exchange run by the Winklevoss Twins. I think it's sosed to a price today as well. So I guess we'll see if that that enthusiasm is kind of market wide or is it just a kind of a figure story. But call them the winkle By the winkle By, Okay, I know.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.