Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: That's just you.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in Podcast one, Aline Productions, iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia, iHeart Podcast Pop Culture, Season seven, episode fifteen. I Am Kayak hear me roar I Heart Podcasts. Listen on the iHeartRadio app. Tara, you've been m I A for a week. Go ahead and start us off.
Speaker 4: A good right. This is a good one.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: So Laurli and Rory take a drive as Lorlai breaks the news about her and Christopher. Rory says, so who else knows? Laurai says nobody. That's it. Well, you and the Quickie Mark guy. Harry says, you call the Quickie Mark guy, and Laura I says, I was upset. I was standing by the magazines. I was standing by the magazines. I didn't want him to think I was for clemped over Nicole Ritchie. So that's it. Nicole Ritchie is a comedic socialite and star of the Simple Life. Alongside her best friend Paris Hilton. She is She is the adopted daughter of singer Lionel Ritchie and his then wife Brenda Harvey. And did you know that Nicole is married to musician Joel Madden, who is part of the band Good Charlotte and his twin brother, Benji, and Benji is married to Cameron Diaz. So Cameron Diaz is Nicole's sister in law.
Speaker 3: Yep, did you know Ballerina girl?
Speaker 4: You know it's about Nicole.
Speaker 3: It's about Nicole?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 5: Interesting?
Speaker 1: Why is it only the rich and the famous can be considered social lights? Why is it just them? Why can't it be like the daughter of a plumber or a garbage guy?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean that what a socialite is because they're they're the ones that make the rules.
Speaker 1: Who makes the rules? Nicole Richie has been making rules? Who Nicole? What rules?
Speaker 3: Did socialites make the rules on? Socialiites?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Do? What?
Speaker 4: What rules?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? What rules? Did Nicole Richie say?
Speaker 3: No, not Nicole Ritchie. Just socialites Historically is a person who is known in fashionable society. So not to dig on a plumber, but maybe a plumber isn't known in fashionable society.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there their daughters go out and they socialize and they influence behavior. Right, I don't know. I just know the history of time, and it's a it's a weak argument, I'm saying I feel it.
Speaker 4: I feel like because of Nicole Ritchie, I like bought a Von Dutch hat back in the day, and it's I also like our trendsetters too true.
Speaker 3: Lorlai asked for a martini and Emily informs her and Rory she's only serving non alcoholic drinks, which are mocktails. You're serving mocktails. Yes, I can offer you a Shirley Temple or Roy Rogers. I'll have a Roy Rogers. Why not a Howdy Doody or Captain Kangaroo. As we discussed in the earlier episode of Roy Rogers is coke and grenadine, Coca Cola and grenadine and a Maraschino cherry. A Shirley Temple is gingerrele. I thought it was seven up. Oh yes, you can also use seven up gingerrel grenadine and garnished, also with a Maraschino cherry. Shirley Temple is known to be the most is known to I think formerly was the most popular and famous child star of all time. I'm not sure she still is, but I guess maybe that's debatable. Wasn't she on the good ship Lollie Pop? Which I know more from the Brady Bunch. Roy Rogers was an actor and a co founder of the bands Sons of the Pioneers. He was nicknamed the King of the Cowboys and known for his song Happy Trails and his wife Dale Evans. Howdy Doody Creepy was a marionette and started alongside alongside Buffalo Bob Smith and The Howdy Dooty Show, one of the first nationally televised American children's television shows. Captain Kangaroo Now We're getting into my era was a character played by Bob Keishan on another children's television show called Captain Kangaroo. Did you know? Roy Rogers was actually born Leonard Slide. His producers chose the name Roy Rogers for him, with the last name being a tribute to Will Rogers, one of his heroes, and the first name being an American variation of the French word for king, the king. The French word for king is rh I don't know, how do you say that?
Speaker 4: You know why they named the drink sho or how the drink was created?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: The Shirley Temple.
Speaker 1: Do you know the story.
Speaker 4: She would always well, she'd be around a lot of adults because she was, you know, actress and stuff, and everyone was having alcohol, and so the bartender made her a drink that was kind of like a fruity drink but obviously not alcoholic, and it was her signature drink.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Scott, you do this one. This feels like good for because it's golf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, thank you. Richard cannot sit at the dinner table on any longer while his golf match is playing on the TV. Richard, I know I've missed Tony Jacqueline's bogie on the sixteenth. I'm not missing his putt on the seventeenth. That's a famous putt, Emily. Emily, wait, you're watching an old golf game, Richard. Well, it's the last singles match of the sixty nine Ryder Cup. Jacqueline Nicholas the Concession. Tony Jacqueline was the most successful British golfer in of his generation, winning the nineteen sixty nine Open Championship and the nineteen seventy US Open. He was also a Ryder Cup captain from eighty three to eighty nine. Jack Nicholas is the king of a golfer all golfers. He holds the records with the most major tournaments one at eighteen, and is considered the greatest golfer of all time, winning one hundred and seventeen tournaments. In his illustrious career. He went on to make hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars, designing golf courses all over the world. Do you know the nineteen sixty nine Ryder Cup ended up in a tie at sixteen points each when Jack Nichols conceded a three foot putt to Tony Jackson at the eighteenth hole, which is very controversial. I sure did not know that that is not a gimme. Gimme is not three feet. A gimme is maybe a foot, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: No, no, but okay, I know a gimmeys where you're there, You're at the hole. If you hit it, it's gonna make it in. You can't miss it, So it's a gimme.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, So the guy that you're playing against, your golf partner saying you don't need to even pull it a gimme, Yeah, just pick it up, right, But three feet Yeah. In a competition on the eighteenth Hall Yeah.
Speaker 5: Richard explains his reasoning behind watching old golf games and says it's like people going to see Hamlet. Emily says the idea of the two grown men hitting a tiny ball with metal sticks is the equivalent of Hamlet ridiculous. But can I say anything? No, because I can't agitate him. Laura says it is ridiculous. Golf is really more like Richard the Third. You know, they're all hunched over.
Speaker 3: I wanted to say, but she can agitate me, but yeah, well you didn't.
Speaker 4: Know how hard.
Speaker 5: Hamlet is a tragedy written by William Shakespeare and was his longest play. Richard the Third was a play written by William Shakespeare about a jealous and crippled man named Richard who wants to be King of England.
Speaker 4: Did you know?
Speaker 5: Richard the Third was often described as a hunchback, even by Shakespeare, but a twenty fourteen study of Richards skeleton, which was found under a parking lot in England, found no sign that he limpd or had a withered arm.
Speaker 2: He just had scoliosis, all right. Lizen Tjs show up to the diner with a lot of baggage and very little explanation, and Liz says we should just come clean. Luke says, yes, about what TJ? About nothing? TJ. How about them Celtics? They sure candribble basketball.
Speaker 5: TJ impression is a little lacking.
Speaker 2: But okay, how about them Celtics.
Speaker 1: How about the Celtics? Still a little bed in there too?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 2: The Boston Celtics are a professional basketball team that just won the NBA Championship a few weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Did you know?
Speaker 2: The Celtics were founded in nineteen forty six by Walter Brown, who had an epiphany saying, wait, I've got it. The Celtics. The name has a great basketball tradition from the old original Celtics in New York nineteen twenties, and Boston is full of irishmen. We'll put them in green uniforms and call them the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 1: Let me do this one again. To his golf, yet, rich i'ed up with the dinners, He is being served and decides to head upstairs to watch more golf. Richard, Now, if you'l excuse me, I think I'm gonna go watch Bob Tway vanquished Greg Norman in the eighty six PGA Championship. Bob Tway is a professional golfer from Oki City and has one numerous tournaments, including the PG eight PGA Tour victories. Greg Norman is an Australian former professional golfer and is nickname the Great White Shark due to his blonde hair size and aggressive golf style. Also one of the co founders of Live Golf, which is a very controversial Oh yeah, yeah, it was, oh very controversial golf league. Did you know Bob Tway won the nineteen eighty six PGA Championship with a greenside bunker shot to beat Greg Norman by two strokes.
Speaker 3: Wow, everybody, great time, See you.
Speaker 1: Couple times everybody. Anyway. That's going to wrap it up for pop culture. Thanks everybody, Tara, Danielle Amy, We'll see you next time. Thanks for the comments, keep them coming, pro and con They help us grow, They make us better podcasters. So thank you for that much love and remember we and I am all In stay safe everyone. Hey, everybody tell us again. Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.