Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody the Betting Pros. It's time to place your bets. It's meet Joey p Joe Pi Zapia and this is BP NFL. We're back again with the previews of each and every division the NFL. Last week we were back with the AFC North and today we're staying in the Earth because it's really hot everywhere and I just want to think cold thoughts right now. But this time we're moving to the NFC, where it's very cold. I want to think about December right now, because it's ninety nine degrees in New Jersey. All I want to think about is I don't know the Packers and the Vikings playing in December at lambeau Field. That makes me feel nice and cool. And of course, speaking of cool, Trell Firman Juniors here and Andrew ericson the Undertaker. They're gonna help us go through the win totals. A division that maybe some favorite bets, maybe someone you never even thought about. We're gonna throw them at you today. But first, don't forget to subscribe to the YouTube channel here at Betting Pros. We're trying to get to one hundred thousand subscribers. We could do that with your help, So subscribe now to the podcast be drop your comments below like this video. Hang out with us all NFL season long, for all the best in fantasy football and of course in betting and everything we do here fantasy pros and betting pros. We are the spot baby. So let's get after it, boys, and let's jump in with two feet and let's start with the changes that we've seen so far year over year, and let's start with Detroit because there's been a whole lot of change. And gentlemen, when you lose your offensive coordinator in offseason, that's stuff. When you lose your defensive coordinator in offseason, that's rough. Then you lose your passing game coordinator Tanner Extra and he's gone too. And the worst part is the offensive coordinator that you lost just went in the division and became the head coach, and now you gotta change the whole playbook. Terrell Furman Junior. I think the Detroit Lions are going through it right now. They still got a great roster, they still got a lot going for them. But this is a lot of chit chit chich changes in one offseason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of changes and a lot of optimism that they're just gonna pick it up and go right where they left off. And they might go right where they left off, because the last thing that we saw from them was them getting destroyed by the Commanders, So it might. I don't want to jump into it too much, but I'll say this is that I change comes with a lot of things, and with change, it's going to be either positive or negative reaction. I think it's a lot of negative reaction here. The Lions looked unbeatable for a good portion of that season last year. I don't think they're gonna look like that next year.
Speaker 1: I can't believe this. Terrell and I starting off holding hands. Usually we just argue on the show for thirty minutes. Today we're in agreement. I think it's too much. I really do in this cock eyed optimism Andrew that everything's just fine in Detroit. I don't share it. I know they had a lot of injuries last year, especially in the defensive side, and E wants to make excuses, But the one excuse that you know you can't make anymore is that, well, you don't have enough big game experience here. Because Dan Campbell every time he gets into big games, those teams don't seem prepared or they don't seem to make the right decisions. And now you got to make more decisions with a bunch of new offensive and defensive coordinators. And I keep coming back to that same thing as like, you know the guy who you're gonna play twice now, Ben Johnson in Chicago, he knows exactly what you do. You got to change a lot of what you do, a lot of the verbiage of what you do, otherwise they might be able to upset you for one of those games, if not two. I'm just saying, when they understand your game plan, your playbook, that's really tough. And I'm not saying like that's the end all be all. The lines are still a great roster. But we've seen historically when teams lose Super Bowls and lose coordinators, or win Super Bowls and lose coordinators all of a sudden next year, they don't look the same. This team didn't even get to a Super Bowl and they lost their coordinators.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of moving pieces with the twenty twenty five Detroit Lions, highlighted by the coordinators leaving passing game coordinators. But I look at it from that's nothing. The extent you see center Frank Ragno, he's gone. How good is this offensive line if they hit one or two injuries. I know you talked about at the beginning. Their defense just absolutely ravaged by injuries last year, but their offense stayed pretty healthy for the majority of the season. So if that flips, well, if I'm a backer of the Lions, I would rather have their offense stay healthy and their defense be terrible again and get injured, because we see year over year what's stickier. Good offenses continue to be good, whereas defenses fluctuate a little bit more so, even if the defense improves but then the offense gets a little bit more banged up, I think that's going to result in probably more losses in that particular column. So I would like to give more credit to Dan Campbell because I do think that he is a good head coach, and we look at his against the spread record. I mean he's number one. He's been number one basically since that mid season point during I think his rookie year as the head coach, and he's always performed above expectation. But now the hand that he's dealt. I think that this is like when you highlight regression, it's just a picture of the twenty twenty five Lions, just everything kind of coming back down to earth. So, even though they'll be competitive, I don't want to be on the overside and optimistic side of them this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more on this as we get to the division winner here, but first let's get to the Chicago Bears new head coach Ben Johnson. I think he's a good offensive mind. I'm still not sold that he's a head coach in this league. We'll see. But Keenan Allen's gone, Luther Burden was drafted Kyle Manongui, who I like a lot. I think he's going to be the David Montgomery in this offense personally, ericson the Bears have a lot of turnover, a lot of change. I know there's a lot of optimism that things are going to get better and they probably can't get much worse now. The Bears defensively kind of competitive, there offensively hot mess, no instruction going on for a young quarterback. You hope that that change, but the question is how long does it take to really put that all into effect? For the Caleb Williams Ben Johnson new regime change.
Speaker 3: Well, if you're a Bears fan or part of the Bears roster hoping, it's Week one against the Vikings on Monday Night football at Soldier Field, So they're really hoping that Ben Johnson has this immediate effect on Caleb Williams, who we think that has potential former number one overall pick. Last year was obviously a disaster, but there were still plays and highlights that Caleb show that he can make special plays outside the pocket. Now, ben Johnson coming in, I think to just give him a little bit more layups. I'll get into it a little bit more, but the Bears were one of the worst teams in the first quarter last year. Basically they would always open up down seven points, down ten points because they weren't putting Caleb Williams in situations to succeed. Early on, he wasn't able to develop momentum, and then it would be him dropping back forty plus times in the second half of tragedy rallies team back from defeat. So I think that Ben Johnson is gonna have a positive impact. I think that the other additions you didn't mention offensive line like that was the first thing they hit in free agency. They were not messing around that. We're not doing what we did last year. We need to bowls of the offense line, we have to protect Kayleb Williams so he can make plays from the pocket, and I do think defensively, the personnel is still pretty good. I think last year the defensive collapse was more related to there was a new head coach basically every single week, and the defense was getting frustrated with how bad the offense was and it just kind of just was an absolute mess. So bringing in Dennis Allen, who again not a great head coach, but as a defensive coordinator, okay, I like him in that position with Ben Johnson, So I think that this roster is pretty solid and if Kabobs can't take that leap in his second year, still young quarterback, the Bears could be really exciting.
Speaker 1: All right, Terrelle, what's your take on the Bears who have a new coach, new offensive line, but a second year quarterback who certainly did struggle last season.
Speaker 2: I'm not optimistic at all. Honestly, it looks good on paper and sure, but it showed me better than you could tell me because I want to see it. I want to see Dennis Allin be a great defensive coordinator because I think that we're remembering the Didnis Allent defensive coordinator run a little bit differently. He was a pretty okay defensive coordinator for a lot of that run until COVID happened. Then COVID happened and it got a lot better. The defense actually started doing something, and it transitioned into him taking over the interim jobs and being the head coach of the team. And so I'm like, all right, we have the recency of that, but we haven't seen it as him as a DC. He was kind of the head coach at that point. By the time the defense started rolling, he was kind of running the whole old team. So is this is that gonna come over and transfer over to this Bears defense that does have talent. I admit they have talent, but I just don't know if it's gonna transfer over day one, maybe year two, maybe a little bit closer to the beg end of the year. But like right off the rip, I think the Bears defense actually is gonna have some growing pains as they're switching over to a new system playing under Jen Sullen and figuring it out, and I think that's gonna hinder your win total. I mean, maybe Caleb Williams and this offense looks great, and maybe Ben Johnson comes over here and absolutely takes over it and is everything that we said Kayle Williams was gonna be. But kay Williams still holds the ball too long, yes, and he's still and he still makes horrible decisions when he gets downfield and he gets pressure. So I really, I really don't. I'm not there on the on the brown not Browns. The Yeah, the Freudian slip already happening, but yeah, nah man, I'm not there on the Bears yet, like it sounds on paper, but somebody in this division has to be bad. So the Bears are okay. That means that the Packers and the Lions just have to completely bottom out. And I don't think they're gonna completely bottom out. Maybe not as good as last year, but they're not gonna bottom out. So I think the Bears are gonna look okay at moments, maybe that they're close to a five hundred record, but I don't think they're gonna be this all great scene.
Speaker 1: More covers than wins. That's what I think. And you know what, the first thing you gotta do is just get Caleb Williams getting rid of the football quickly. Keep it simple, getting rid of the football quickly, easy looks, understanding, you know where to go to the football in this scenario, in that scenario, in this down like whatever.
Speaker 2: That is just it's two second year with a new offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. But tune him into the NFL, because that's what he's got to get tuned into. The stuff can get away with college when you run twenty yards deep in the backfield, is not gonna get it done the NFL. Minnesota, perhaps I can tempt to roll for some excitement there because that's where my excitement begins. I saw last year Sam Darnold get dropped in and all of a sudden, make this team a playoff team. And I'll tell you what. The Vikings defense pretty good. Jordan Mason added for depth at the RB position. I really like that offseason move. But it's really just JJ McCarthy now taking over the rains at you be, And I'm very confident. I like McCarthy. I think he's a winner. I think he's got the right kind of attitude. I think he's gonna have a little bit of russ for not playing for a year. I think he needs to play in preseason. Hopefully they do play him more. But Terrell, to me, I think Minnesota is the sneaky pick here in this division. I think not that it's necessarily like addition here, it's just like this is your franchise quarterback and turning over the rains to him. With Kevin McCarthy, who's such a good Kevin o'connaugh excuse me, who's such a good head coach? I did it. I did it now McCarthy Kevin O'Connell, who is such a good head coach that I think it's gonna take a little bit of time in September, but once the training wheels comes off, I think it's gonna be big time here for the Minnesota Vikings. But what do you think, team?
Speaker 2: So this is like when you're in college and you take that class the first time around and it's just it's not going the way he's supposed to go, and you either withdraw you might actually flow in the class, but like this is this is on the credit sheet. You need this on your credit that you need those credit hours, so you gotta take that class again. Well, guess what, it's a lot easier this time around because you said everything the first time, like he was there with the team and even though he was hurt, he was getting all the learning and bringing in all that information. And at this point I have faith in O'Connell because he signed Daniel Jones and thought he could do something with that and he felt very confident when he did it. And if you have that type of confidence in you as a coach, I just have to assume that maybe this Vikings thing that happened last year wasn't just a thing. Maybe this is how the Vikings are actually going to be. And right now they're four to one the wind of the division. I like the Vikings to go over their win total. Is McCarthy good, I don't know, but I know Sam Darnold isn't good and they still made playoffs, so I'm very much good taking the over on this win total is less about that and more about Brian Floores in the defense. Yeah, he had the defense balling last year. Now they're a little thin at corner right now, but I don't think that matters because he just gets the top tier play out of the talent that he has. They have Isaiah Rodgers right now, and he likes him. He thinks that he can be a really, really good corner in his system. And so if Brian Flores is very very optimistic about the defense, continue to do what they did last year, create turnovers, create a bunch of have it over the course of the season, and just make JJ and JJ do enough. You don't got to do a lot, but JJ and JJ just got to do enough. Then Yeah, I think the Vikings are going to be good. So give me the over on the win total. I think they have a shot to win the division.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're gonna get to those win totals in the second ericson, I want to know your take here because Floras did not jump ship right he is back. Continue is important head coach coordinators, everybody coming back here. And look, at least McCarthy was around the system last year, you know, learning and kind of seeing. You probably would have been red shirted anyway in his rookie season for at least a good chunk of it. So it sucks he wasn't on the field. 're able to take the reps. But a full healthy offseason now a full regular camp. There's reason to be optimistic here, I think about the Vikings.
Speaker 3: I think there is, but there's also some pessimism regarding him coming off a season ending injury. He's coming off a torn meniscus, talking about he missed all the physical reps last offseasons. So even if he was there mentally, you know, his body wasn't necessarily there with him along the way. And we know what he did at Michigan. It wasn't a lot of dropbacks. They ran the ball a lot, And to I think a point that you made earlier, Joe about the Vikings, I don't think they lean on him as much to start the year. I think they bolster the interior offensive line because it acquired Jordan Mason, because I want to run the football and let's ease our young quarterback coming off a knee injury. Let's ease him in. We don't need to put everything on him. The system is so good. He just has to make a couple key throws, be efficient, not turn the ball over, and will win games. So I think that the Vikings are a team that maybe for the first month they're still kind of figuring things out because I agree that he needs to play in the preseason. He needs to get more live game reps till he gets up to the speed. I think the Vikings are going to be a team that's in the conversation for the playoffs for the division as they kind of hit their stride down in the second half of the year. So I'm also pretty optimistic about the Bikings. I think that, again McCarthy hits, this team could win thirteen fourteen games, like we've seen with O'Connell the last couple of seasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I Look again, I lost spoil things. Let's keep going. Let's talk about the Packers here. Offseason for them. Jira Alexander gone to Baltimore as of there, I mean a couple of years ago. But look, he's been hurt. So look, Matthew Golden was the big draft pick for them in the first round. But Ericson, you know, look, last year was a lot of injuries. Jordan Love was playing hurt most of the year. Things just did not go their way. In the year before everything did go their way. So now it's a question of Okay, which one are you? Who do you think the Packers are.
Speaker 3: I think that their team that's going to lean more on Jordan Love healthy this year. I think they're going to lean more on his arm this year, But I don't know if that's going to necessarily translate to win because I think this defense is horrible up and down the ross. They needed to draft edge rushers, they needed to draft secondary pieces, and they just drafted wide receivers in this year's draft. They had clear their needs. So I have concerns that the Packers are going to be a team that maybe they're really fun for fantasy where they're playing shootouts left and right at lambeau Field, where it's significantly cult that is here in New England, But is that one always translates to wins, especially if Love is pushing the narrative and maybe he's turning the ball over a lot, because we know we've seen that with him when he likes to drop back and sling it. Sometimes it's really fun and sometimes it's, oh, well, there goes another pick six interception for Jordan Love. So I think that the line is pretty spot on. They're gonna be in games, They're going to be competitive, but I think I lean towards the under well.
Speaker 1: Terrell, I can understand, you know, wanting to run the football and play defense. We know they can run the football, they can do the former. Can they do the latter?
Speaker 3: Oh? Good luck?
Speaker 2: I mean good luck. If any game I think they win, they're they're gonna win because they somehow put up thirty points in a game. And Josh Jacobs has some great running game, and I mean that's what they did. They committed to the running game here and there. He tried to make some additions along the offensive line. But there's a lot of changes here. It's a lot of changes. Now you're shifting around players on the offensive line. You've got they're a Progo guard Jenkins, he's the center. Now what that's not? Okay? That's a Pro Bowl guard and now he's your center. So guess what you have at guard? Not a Pro Bowl guard? Like that's very very concerning here. It's too many ships around the offensive line that just make me think the Packers are gonna be anything consistent here. So I don't know, maybe they do bottom out. Actually, all right, let's look.
Speaker 1: At the wind totals before we do. Just a quick reminder you should check out our sponsor, no Vig because if you're looking for a smarter way to play. There's a new sports trading platform that's changing the game, and it's called no Vig. It's illegal in most states, including Georgia, California, and Texas. It's peer to peer, which means you're competing against other users, not the house, and you can often get better lines than traditional books, so you can set your own lines, which gives you control over Most sportsbooks obviously don't offer that to you. So there's no commissions, no hidden fees, seriously, none of that. It uses a coin deposit system, but it's real money and you can use the code at daily Juice for fifty percent off your first coin purchase up to twenty five dollars. You can check it out now at Bettingpros dot com slash juice. That's Bettingpros dot com slash juice, and you can try no Vig today. All right, let's look at the win totals here for these teams in the NFC North Division, and the Chicago Bears fluctuate between six and a half, eight and a half, ten and a half. Terrell, what's the sweet spot for you when you look at the Chicago Bears, where do you feel comfortable with this win total.
Speaker 2: I think under eight and a half is where I'm at me too. I think they're okay. I think they're okay. I don't think that they're gonna be in the playoff discussion, but I think that they'll play hard enough where they're like, hey, let's let's go for it.
Speaker 1: Go for it.
Speaker 2: And then it's gonna be a loss here and I lost there. Like I'm not one hundred percent sold on the defense. The defense may get better as this season goes on, but there's gonna be a couple of games early where I think that it's gonna be some confusion they and then it's how good is Caleb Williams?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: How good can Caleb Williams be? Because this is like being a rookie all over again. You got a new head coach, you have a new offensive system. If you were feeling comfortable at any point, and I'm sure he wasn't of that last offensive system, it's completely out the window and you got to figure it out. And they're trying to get you to stop holding on the ball so long. So like, yeah, no, I don't think the Bears are any fun. I think that it's going to be them in the Packers towards the bottom of this division, So I will take under eight and a half wins, all.
Speaker 1: Right, ericson, I'm where Trella is and it's again frustrating when he and I agree because it doesn't always happen here on the program. So I think that's worth noting. I think the Bears will be better. Will they be really good? I don't know. Will they be a team with a winning record. I don't think they're quite there yet. But what do you think about this Bears win total? Where is your happy place?
Speaker 3: I am taking the over bearing down over eight and a half wins plus one thirty. I'm just buying the Ben Johnson bump.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: We're talking about we have the O'Connell system taking JJ McCarthy to the next level, and you're his second season. He didn't play it all last year. Caleb Wimas least played football last year and did show flashes. Again, wasn't perfect, but just the point of getting those early game layups that's gonna be part of this offense that was non existent in the offense last year. And I think just in the discussion we talked about both the Packers and Lions. It seems like both you agree those teams are going to take steps back. So if we have two teams stepping back, we have another team that has a quarterback who's never played in the NFL, and then Caleb Williams entering his year two number one overall pick. That's where I'm gonna put my money. Gimme me Kay Williams and the Bears over eight and a half wins.
Speaker 1: All right, Detroit Lions? Where do you want to go with them? Ericson? For me, the happy place I think is the juice is too much for the over eight and a half. I think they're probably a ten to eleven win team. I'm guessing the over at ten and a half is probably the point where I am the most comfortable. You're getting plus one oh five there if you want to go under ten and a half wins, though it's minus one twenty five, I don't want to touch the twelve and a half. I'll be honest with you there. The year's no love for the under. With the juice there and the over twelve and a half wins, I just don't feel comfortable with so Ericson, where do you fall when it comes to Detroit Lions in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: If it forced me to make a pick here, I'm going to go under ten and a half at minus one twenty five. I will say that this is probably more of a shyaway spot for me because Dan Campbell is the king against the spread. He's been absolutely dynamite against the spread, and betting against him has been a losing strategy. So just keep that in mind. But all the factors we mentioned earlier, and then the other thing that's different from last year was the schedule. I remember looking at last year's schedule for the Lions, all that did was playing doors. They never played games outside and bad whether this year they play six road outdoor games against teams that all had winning records last season and they're not good. Yeah, was just let's say they're a good scene and they're playing good teams on the road outdoors. So just another factor to be look the Lions again, I think when we look up, we're gonna see them as a good team. But will that be reflective in the win loss? I don't think so. So for me, it's going to be the under all right, So uh.
Speaker 1: I think they can squeak out eleven wins, but again, it's more of a stay away from me than anything. When it comes to the Lions this year, Terrell, do you feel comfortable with one of these win totals here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I like the under I think they're exactly a ten win team here, and it was it was a lot of it. It's a couple of outdoor games here, and those road games are really tough. They're going on the road to Baltimore, Kansas City, Washington, and Philly this year. That's not that's not an easy path, especially with the Philly game in December. I for one, No, I'm a big baby in the cold. So you would never catch me at Philadelphia at a game in November. You would not catch me at a game in Philadelphia November.
Speaker 1: It's not even that cold in November.
Speaker 2: What do you can and but Jared are the same person. Jared Goff and I are the same person. We don't like the cold.
Speaker 1: We don't like it's like fifty five sixty degrees.
Speaker 3: You're in a it's a night game, that's so it's gonna be freezing.
Speaker 1: Maybe you got you guys, Look, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I hate the blanket. For the rest of the show, but for real, the outdoor conditions and not just Jared Goll, but it goes to the kicking as well, and and all of that you have to worry about those like wind and maybe a windy game like they there was so many external conditions that they had over the course of that season that they just didn't have to worry about. And now you do. Haven't played some of these read games, and that's going to add to your losses on your total. And then I think that it is going to be a competitive division as well. So yeah, I think they're actually a ten win team. They probably come right in here at ten wins and it's a really good sweat here.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna take me under, all right. The Green Bay Packers are next up, Terrell, and again their win totally. You'll get seven and a half, nine and a half, eleven and a half. Where's the sweet spot for.
Speaker 2: You with the pack under under under under.
Speaker 1: Underwa that's the question. I mean, you want to go under nine?
Speaker 2: Mind taking all of it? I wouldn't mind taking all of it, I really wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Well, the only value is on the under nine and a half. That's the only undervalue.
Speaker 2: Is that really the only undervalue at nine and night Halo because seven and a half is plus two forty And if you told me that, I don't think Jordan Love is taking a positive step forward this year. I think he's, if anything, he's exactly where he's been at or worse. And so if he's exactly where he's been at or worse, the offensive line is questionable. The defense is like I I said, the Packers might not bought him out, but there's a good possibility that they bought him out here. I don't think the defense is gonna save them in any games. Any way they get a win is if Jordan Love decides to wake up in the fourth quarter and do some heroics. But like other than that, if they're down in a game, I don't know how they're gonna come back. Because Jordan Love's going to turn the ball over. We understand that's who he is and we accept him for it. He's going to have turnovers. We're going to bet the over half of interception every single game, Like that's going to happen the first day. I'm gonna to talk to you about Jordan Love's over half interception as long as this reasonably places. So yeah, give me all the unders. I think plus two forty on under seven and a half wins. If they come in as seven wins here and they gotta figure things out and revamp everything, and their fans are calling for him to talk about head coaches and GMS firing, I wouldn't be surprised. So yeah, maybe the backers do bought them out here.
Speaker 1: If they bought them out, it's gonna because they got off to a bad start, because there's some winnable games there. I think early on for them, Arizona Cleveland, right, I mean some of those games are a little tough.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: They do have to face Washington early in the season too, Cincinnati early in the season, their bye is early too. They have a week five by the end of this season is tough. They go, they go to Pittsburgh. Caroline is not a pushover anymore. Philadelphia. Then you got to play the Vikings twice, the Bears twice, Detroit again, the Denver Broncos, and the Baltimore Ravens. That's a lot here in the last like eight ten weeks of the season there for them. That again, you better get off some good wins, agree, because if you don't, maybe Torell's right. Maybe the under seven and a half is actually more viable than we realized. Did we get to your Green Bay Packer take, Andrew.
Speaker 3: Well, I am taking the I am echoing Terrell here. I'm also under even though I do think Jordan Love could be better than last year, because I think that he was never healthy out all last year except in beginning the Brazil game. Then he got injured at the end, and I don't think he was ever fully healthy. But to me, that just means he's live for throwing the most interceptions in the NFL in this season because he's gonna play probably more games than last year. So I think that's probably the angle I'm gonna take with this Packers team that I think, yess gonna be fun for fantasy. The defense is gonna be horrible. I don't think I win a lot of games, but Jordan Love's gonna put up a Jamis Winston esque stat line. That's al said, done, Andrew.
Speaker 1: Let's stick with you for the Vikings here again. Six and a half, eight and a half, ten and a half. I'm a little bullish on this one. I'm the over ten and a half. I think they can get to eleven wins this year, I really do. I believe in the quarterback, I believe in the head coach, and I believe the defensive coordinator. To Torell's point two flores, I think has this team playing really well well. He made the adjustments he needed to with the personnel he was given, and they really took off there as the season went going. Where do you fall for the wins for the Vikings?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I like the over in the eight and a half mis been thirty five. But I agree with you that it's okay to be bullish here on the Minnesota Vikings because we've seen. If McCarthy does look good coming back from this injury and he can be better than Sam Darnold or other quarterbacks that have been in this Vikings offense that's been so successful, then yeah, it's easy to see them going over ten and a half wins. O'Connell has won thirteen plus games in two of his last three seasons, except for the one year where all of his quarterbacks got hurt and they weren't able to win any games. So again, eleven point three average for O'Connell his three seasons as the Minnesota Vikings head coach. So I think it's easy over on the eight and a half and then a two to one over ten and a half. I like that. If you're going to be bullish, I will say, though, maybe this is one that I don't fire on during the offseason because I do like the Bears. They play the Bears week one. I think we'll get better odds after the first month when we get I kind of want to see McCarthy in this offense and be healthy. I really do want to see that. So that's my only reservation.
Speaker 1: All right, Terrell, any reservations when it comes to the win totals here for the Vikings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, O'Connor is exactly who Brian Dabele thinks he is in terms of offensive quarterback mine here talking about the one season with no quarterbacks he bought him out, Dable. Where's your thirteen win season, sir? Where?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm back in O'Connell here, and I just think that he's going to figure it out and whether no matter how good up or down I feel about JJ and what he's going to be as a quarterback, he's proven that he can take very average quarterback play and win a bunch of football games. That defense is really really good. And Brian Flores also on another revenge tour. I mean, so he had the revenge tour last year, then he got passed over for every head coach job, and now he's on the revenge tour again. How do we fay this?
Speaker 1: How do we fak this?
Speaker 2: He and last year was the same questions that I have about the defense this year. The talent on the field. Is the talent on the field going to be good enough? Last year he was able, He made it work with what he had and they were a really good defense. So I'm just gonna assume he's gonna figure it out to get it done again here again. And Packers might not be as good Bears, I'm not as high on Lions. A little bit of a step back for me, Like this might not be a big heavy thirteen and fourteen win team, but eleven maybe twelve win the division? Yeah yeah, I like the over on the wins over here for the Vans.
Speaker 1: All right, so we all like the Vikings here, and I think Flores gets passed over because it's an offensive league and they want offensive mind head coaches. You saw Johnson, saw Leam Cohne. I mean that's you know, Dave can Allics a couple of years ago. That's what we want. That's an offensive minded league. So they don't care about your defense. But the defense does still win championships, just ask the Eagles. Let's talk about this division right now. Who could win it? The Lions or at plus one forty five, the Packers plus two sixty, the Vikings at plus two ninety, and the Bears at plus five fifty. I'm going with the Vikings at plus two ninety. It's a great value. I love it. And the fact that they're all plus money Terrella tells me that Vegas is saying this is pretty wide open. There's no real clear favorite here right now. There's no minus money here. So I'll take the Vikings at plus two ninety. The fact that the Packers are the second one I think as a joke. But Torol, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll see your Vikings plus two ninety, and I'll raise you a Vikings four to one. There's four to one out there on the Vikings right now, and I legit do not feel like the Packers should be second in the vision right now. I just that's just wrong odds to me, there's too many question marks there, and Jordan Love has to be really really, really really good. If the Packers are in this division and they're in it for the championship at the end, Jordan Love has to have an amazing season. I would have to say this has to be borderline MVP season for Jordan Love for them to win the division, honestly, because of the number of games and how bad I think the defense is going to be. If they win the division, I think is probably a Love IVVYP season where he just didn't turn the ball over and he had all the stats that he has, so I don't think that's gonna happen. Give me the Vikings four to one, as so once again, and I holding hand on the platform.
Speaker 1: Holding hands ericson, come with us, join us, baby, Come on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, I'm not doing that. When Joey p and Treel Furman agree on something, what could go wrong? You know?
Speaker 1: Nothing. I think that is when the moon is in the Southern sphere and Jupiter ali Mars. When Terrell and I agree on something, so it can't be wrong. I think this is a lock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, that's how you know it's not gonna hit me when you call a lock here in Jude, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: Who wins this division.
Speaker 3: I'm going with the Chicago Bears. Give me the Chicago Bars longer than five and a half? What plus five point fifty forgive me the Chicago Bears to win the division because I'm chasing the trends. I'm not chasing this. Oh well, McCarthy's healthy. He's gonna be great. Copy paste all the Vikings quarterbacks from the worst yester year. It'll be awesome. But what about this trend? The worst to first? You guys, it's right. Team last place in the division finishes first place in the division the following season. You know what's really cool about this one is didn't happen last year, broke a four year streak. In fact, since the two thousand and two merger, only three times has at least a one last place team not finished first in the division the following year. So odds are that it's going to happen at this point this year. And I think that when you're looking at the teams that finished in last place across the NFL, the Bears a looking pretty good compared to those other teams. Are the Patriots going to overlap the Bills. Uh not according to odds, because the Bills are one of the heaviest favorites to win their division Tennessee Titans. Maybe cam Ward ends up being c J.
Speaker 1: Shroud from the year.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that leaves you with the Chicago Bears as that team that can make that leap from worst to first because I see paths where the Lions and Packers taking steps back, and then the Vikings are baking on a player that's never played in the NFL coming off a season ending injury. So for all those reasons, I love the value on the Chicago Bears. So give me them at the.
Speaker 1: Longest on that You've got to sell me that the coach quarterback combination of Caleb Williams and Ben Johnson is better than all of the three competitors. And I can't get there. I just can't get there, because to win the division, I think they've got to both be combined together the best duo, and I just don't see that. I think that's my problem, right, that's my stumble block to this. So maybe it's the second year in a row and we're going to make some history where there's not a first, you know, last first.
Speaker 2: Swell point five percent. That's the that's the odds one of a swell point five percent of the Bears being the one scene that is going.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear the YouTube comments. YouTube comments, drop them below. Who do you think is gonna win this division? In the meantime, we're going to talk about our favorite bets for this division, and a quick reminder out there, don't forget the Betting Pros Pick Tracker is available for you when you download the Betting Pros app. It sinks with your sports books to tally which picks hit and which picks or misses. Plus, it gives you a live look at what the public is doing so that you can use real time tracking to determine which plays to make and which place to fade. But you can only get it over at bettingpros dot com slash pick Tracking, or just go to the Betting Pros app where it's easier and download that bad Boy today and use the Picktracker to make sure on the app you are staying ahead of all of the competition. Let's get to our favorite picks for this division, and I'm gonna go with ap NFL Comeback Player of the Year. Aiden Hutchinson might win Defensive Player of the Year too, you never know, but at plus three twenty, I like those odds. So give me Aiden Hutchinson NFL Comeback Player of the Year this season. Most regular receiving yards. I'm buying the JJ to JJ connection. Justin Jefferson plus seven to fifty, let's go. I'm getting right back into it. And Aaron Jones regular season rushing total. I'm going under seven fifty and a half at minus one fourteen, I think Jordan Mason not only eats into that role, but Aaron Jones is a lot of tread on those tires. So I'm betting against the old running back. Terrell, what are your favorite bets for the NFC?
Speaker 2: North Well, I like the Vikings to go ahead and get that done and win the division. If they win the division and come like one or two seed, there's gonna be a lot of awards given out to this team, and so one they love the quarterbacks. Sorry for your play, but JJ Comeback Player of the Year plus eight fifty. I mean that's just laid up right there. First of all, I just want you to know you gotta come back and he kind of wasn't there in the first place, but they're still gonna vote for him for it, So okay, cool cool. Since they're gonna vote for him for it, let me get JJ there at that price plus eight fifty, and I think I've sold myself. Let me just go ahead and take the Packers underwin to the ladder. Give me under nine and a half, and then give me under seven and a half at plus two forty. Like, let's just face the Packers all the way here. And I wish they had the line for Jordan love moostter interceptions, but I'll be on that suit for sure.
Speaker 1: All right. I'm sure Ericson will be also from the way you guys were talking about it. Ericson, what are your favorite bets for this division coming up this season?
Speaker 3: Well, I gotta say I love the co Player of the Year pick from Furman because they changed the rules of this award where you have to come back from an injury. So don't vote the players that are not coming back from injuries, like they can't win the awards. Sam could never win the award. You can't win from coming back. Just be that's no one got to the Joe Flacco thing. They're like, you can't have anymore.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, but that was a good Joe Flacco doesn't come back, man, Yeah, the Bill's defensive player that died on the field that came back. Yeah yeah, DeMar Hamlin, Yeah he should have.
Speaker 3: He should have won the award.
Speaker 1: No, Joe Flacco actually played well.
Speaker 3: But he wasn't coming back. He was coming back from the couch.
Speaker 2: It doesn't he Man Hamlin didn't even did DeMar Hamblin even do anything that Sason like.
Speaker 1: I think he just got the ward, but he wasn't like a game changing player. It was an incredible story that he came back, and I don't want to discount that incredible moment there. But at the same time, this award should be about coming back and playing, not coming back and just being alive and playing. And that's what it's about. And Joe Flacco is an old man getting involved the couch. Oh do you want to talk as hard as to get off the couch. You wait till you're in your forties, My friend, you see what it's like, you know, ask Karon Rodgers what's like.
Speaker 3: I'll be sure to look at my my Comeback Player of the Year Odds as well when that happens. So my favorite the year, my favorite plays for this division. So I kind of talked myself into this too. All the Jordan Love overs in terms of interceptions, yards, touchdowns, I just think that he's gonna be slinging it, so they're really low. I'm looking right now on betting pros. Thirty five hundred is his total passing yards prop twenty four and a half passing touchdowns. I think that these are easy overs, and then once the interceptions are up, we are jumping all over that. So I do like that. Going back to my Bears, love taking them over on eight and a half, taking them to win the division at nearly six to one odds. Bear down baby, And this is another. This is another one that's not posted yet, but when they post the rushing touchdown market most rushing touchdowns, Jordan Mason. That's the pick for me, Yeah, because I think that the Vikings are going to be again. If they're an efficient offense, they're gonna have scoring opportunities. And Aaron Jones, the amount of money I lost on this guy last year on any touchdown bets, I'm not doing it again. Jordan Mason is the goal line back, and I think you could score at least double digit touchdowns.
Speaker 1: All right, we want to hear from you. Drop your comments below. Who's winning the NFC North Drop your comments. Subscribe to the channel like this video and be with us here at Betting Pros It's the vikings, and be with us at Betting Pros all NFL season long. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for Terrell and Andrew Ericson. I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids. Thanks for listening to the Betting Pros podcast.
Speaker 2: If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x and TikTok at Betting Pros and Instagram at Betting Pros NFL. Also subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Betting Pros.