Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Jim Staneveek with Emily Grafea. We're joined by Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent Nora Melinda, what do you watch? And Nora, there's a lot moving, There's a lot.
Speaker 3: To pick from today. I'm looking at some deal news, so I'm looking at shares of Taylor Morrison. They're surging for their best day since twenty twenty. Now, this is after some news involving Berkshire Hathaway plans to acquire Taylor Morrison Home in an all cash deal. It's worth about almost nearly seven billion dollars. Now, of course we do know that Berkshire Hathaway does have involvement in the real estate space, but this is really underscoring the home building sector more broadly, in an emphasis in that space for the company. We know the deal is expected to close in the second half of twenty twenty six, and it should unify Berkshire's site built home build bilding operations in a combined platform, so it'll be a pretty massive undertaking and a great deal for Berkshire clearly.
Speaker 1: Well the first multi billion dollar acquisition under Greg Abel. He took over his Berkshire Hathaway after legendary investor Warren Buffett retired last year. Though home builder stocks have underperformed, mortgage rates have hit the highest going back to August. So it's an interesting move in a time when it seems like the housing market is really at a standstill.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. If you take a look at S one to five Home, that's an index that tracks some of the US home builders, it's down about two point three percent so far year to date. We know that this is an industry that had surge prior to the rate hikes that we were seeing before. So interesting as you think about the broader landscape and how it affects the consumer and whether or not people are actually out there buying houses right now at this time.
Speaker 4: Okay, And one company that's basically been on a straight ride up for the last several years is in Vidia, and it's on the move again today.
Speaker 3: Yes, on the move again. Looking at shares of a video right now, up about six percent year to date, twenty percent. But the news that we're looking at today and why the stock is rising for its best day since February. That's after the company unveiled a new AI focused PC chip. Now we know that Intel has pretty much had a stronghold on the PC market in video really coming in here taking an aim at the company. Looking at shares of Intel, they are lower by more than four percent. Also, AMD, which we know is a competitor to in video shares also following about zero point five percent. So we'll have to see whether or not in videos able to really make a major emphasis as we think about the artificial intelligence ramp up and what that means for the PC market.
Speaker 1: We had a great chat with Ian King on Bloomberg BusinessWeek Daily today. You can check it out on our podcast feed cover Semiconductors for Bloomberg News, and he talked about the promise of these AI PCs, these laptops, these desktops. The question, and I think that you were getting at this too, is like what are we going to be doing with them that we can't do on our phones with these lms at least right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ian mentioned using like photoshop. I think he was talking about like simple ways that consumers can use it, but it seemed a little even too advanced.
Speaker 1: What I asked, you know, looking at Instagram and doing like.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, exactly, Okay, we have one more tech name, uh Nora on your list IBM.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Shares of IBM up more than seven percent right now.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: This is after some online chatter. There was a video that resurfaced about six months old from back in December a White House event that showed President Donald Trump praising the company. So as you really think about investors really looking at some of these speculative parts of the market and really where to place their money, we're seeing shares surging off of this resurfacing on the internet.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, shares are higher. Investors are buying shares of IBM because of videos six months old of President Trump talking about IBM.
Speaker 3: The video in the video, so it's from December, a white House event. It says that it recirculated over the weekend. And this is also including a post from polymarket Money that racked up more than seven hundred thousand use. So people are talking on the internet. They're saying buy the stock, and you're seeing shares higher off of that.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.