Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: Now, hey there's Roy Chang. The Daily Show is off this week, but don't worry. We put together some of our favorite moments from the show in case you miss them. We'll be back with brand new shows on September tenth. Until then, enjoyed today's episode.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Daily Show.
Speaker 2: When a news story falls through the cracks, Lewis Black catches there for a segment week call back in Black.
Speaker 3: We are officially in the dog days of summer, which means I can finally bust out my slipping slide.
Speaker 1: It used to belong to the kid next door, but.
Speaker 3: It turns out a lot of kids stuff you can just walk up and take. But this summer it's so hot you can't even make it down the slide without your not sticking to the ny It's.
Speaker 4: Been one of the hottest summers on record across the US, less heat wave smashing records in the Northeast.
Speaker 5: Monday was the hottest day ever recorded on Earth.
Speaker 6: The previous record, which was that on Sunday, only lasted twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: This hot, really, really hot, the hottest day ever recorded on Earth.
Speaker 1: Suck on that, dinosaurs.
Speaker 3: We can destroy the planet ourselves. We don't need an asteroid like you pussies. Yes, this summer, the heat is kicking our ass more than usual. Last week it was so hot in New York that and I can't believe I'm gonna say this. I asked the hawk to a girl to hit me in the forehead. And this isn't just your class and heat wave that only kills some old people that no one cares about. The heat is so extreme it's causing shit that's never happened before.
Speaker 7: Blazing temperatures outdoors can wreak havoc inside airplane. These soda cans all exploded on Southwest flights due to extreme heat exposure. The problem is widespread. Southwest Airlines has reported about twenty employees have been injured by exploding soda cans this summer alone.
Speaker 1: What the hell it's.
Speaker 3: So hot that our soda cans are joining at Kaida. I don't want to die in a plane crash because of cherry coke. I want to die because the Boeing guys forgot to tighten the screw.
Speaker 1: This is a disaster.
Speaker 3: What happens if planes have to get rid of soda? What am I supposed to drink on a flight. Now whiskey? That another whiskey? What am I supposed to mix the whiskey with other whiskey?
Speaker 1: Now I haven't had enough. You've had enough. This is clearly a reckoning.
Speaker 3: But I'm sure Ewans will take this as a sign the climate change is a serious threat and not a chance for an idiotic photo op.
Speaker 5: At Death Valley National Park, they actually embrace the heat, encouraging tourists to take pictures in front of the park's thermometer right now hovering around one hundred and thirty degrees.
Speaker 1: You can definitely feel the heat on your skin. Honestly, it's definitely shocking.
Speaker 6: I don't know how anything can survive out here.
Speaker 3: Of course, nothing can survive in Death Valley.
Speaker 1: That's why they call it Death Valley. Guess what they sell it, Burger king. You idiot. Now, you think park.
Speaker 3: Rangers would be warning people about the deadly heat, but instead they're getting in on the fun.
Speaker 8: Park rangers have a tasty way to show you just how hot it is inside your car. So rangers at Sakuro National Park by Tucson made banana bread in.
Speaker 2: Some other things you can make inside your car cookies, eggs, and even stuffed bell peppers.
Speaker 1: Who stuffs the bell pepper?
Speaker 3: Yes, global warming means you can cook right in your car, which is great news for Minehue Restaurant, Lewis Flex, Hyundai, Sonata, Chimmy Chogas. The secret ingredient is wiper fluid. So yes, as we've known for a while, every year, the Earth is getting hotter and hotter, like me and.
Speaker 1: Paul Rudd, and that's why.
Speaker 3: We need every single government body working to fix the product problem. Instead of jerking us around with elementary school science projects.
Speaker 4: The National Weather Service put on a colorful display of the record setting heat wave hitting Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Check out this time lapse of.
Speaker 4: The extreme tents turning crazy into colored cream. This interesting experiment really puts in perspective just how hot it is out there.
Speaker 9: I feel like if you could just sort of freeze that and then you know, you make a little bit of art out of it, I think so too.
Speaker 5: Yes, Oh that's cool, but I mean really not cool.
Speaker 1: We're all gonna die.
Speaker 3: Thanks National Weather Surface, Now we all know what it would look like if a pack of Skittles got its period.
Speaker 1: So quick safety tip.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you're gonna leave your kid in a hot car, remember to grab the crayons first.
Speaker 1: It's hard to know whether to be.
Speaker 3: More worried about the record heat or the record stupidity. But at least when the earth finally explodes, we'll be eating delicious dashboard banana bread along the way.
Speaker 1: Ronnie, thank you.
Speaker 9: We all know I've got great opinions, but I'm not the only one. Studies show that other people also have opinions. So here with another installment of in my opinion is our good friend Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 6: Now, if you've been following the presidential election, you've probably heard the news that there's a DEI candidate in the race. That's right, that's right, those identity of says Democrats picked someone just because of their race.
Speaker 9: Enginder Tim Watz was a balancing choice for her.
Speaker 1: He's white, he's male.
Speaker 6: We do know that they wanted to get a white male in the ticket, so he's going to be that one.
Speaker 4: Here's a really important one.
Speaker 1: He's an old white dude. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes yes.
Speaker 6: Thanks to affirmative action, there is an old white guy on the Democratic ticket for the first time, for the first time in about seventeen days. Okay, I'm glad white men are finally getting that moment in the sun.
Speaker 1: Just to make sure to wear enough SPF.
Speaker 6: All right, now, you all know what's really going on. According to Republicans, Tim Walls isn't the DEI Higher because to them, every letter in DEI actually stands for the same thing, black, black, black, which means the real DEI candidate is Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: She's a diversity higher. Of course she's a DEI higher.
Speaker 3: She was a DEI, an incompetent diversity higher.
Speaker 4: This woman, this disaster, whose early qualification was having a vagina and the right skin color.
Speaker 6: That's right, having dark skin in a vagina is an instant path to the Oval office.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: If you don't believe me, take it up with Ronald Reagan's black pussy. Listen, man, this argument is so stupid to me. If being a woman or a minority with the golden ticket to get in the head in politics, then President Andrew Yang would have already done universal basic income and President Kanye West would have already changed the national anthem.
Speaker 1: To gold digger.
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean, I've looked at pictures of the last forty six presidents, and it sure seems like there's one identity in particular that gives you.
Speaker 1: A leg up.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying Donald Trump would not have gotten the job if his first name was Donelle. All right, he'd be evicted himself. He'd be evicted himself from his own apartments before his career could begin. But for the sake of argument, let's suppose Kamala was given a chance because of her identity. She still had to do something with it on her own. And Kamala has done a great job as vice president. Remember that one big thing she did mean neither, Okay, And that's exactly what you want in a VP, someone who doesn't make the news. A VP is like a carbon monoxide detector. You want to have one, but if it makes any noise, something's going something's gone wrong. Okay, in fact, right, in fact, the last time I remember a vice president doing anything that made the news, it was.
Speaker 4: This vice president of Dick Cheney apparently broke the number one rule of hunting this weekend when he accidentally shot a friend in the face.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, accidentally, just like he accidentally invaded the wrong country after nine to eleven. Yeah, now that I think about it. Dick Cheney made the news a lot. Don't be like Dick Cheney. And this is yet another weird thing about Republicans. They always say that liberals are obsessed with race, but they're the ones who can't stop thinking about it. They had a blank slate to build a narrative around Kamala Harris, and they immediately went eighteen sixty on us because they got.
Speaker 1: Black on the brain.
Speaker 6: And Republicans aren't only saying Kamala is too black, they're also saying she's not black enough.
Speaker 4: Earlier in her career she identified as South Asian.
Speaker 1: Now she is.
Speaker 9: Considered an African American woman.
Speaker 1: Is she black? Is she Indian?
Speaker 4: Nobody knows Jamala's Indian, black heritage, or whatever it is she wants to be today.
Speaker 6: One year she's black, the next year she's of South Asian descent.
Speaker 3: She was Indian all the way, and then all of a sudden, she made a turn and she went she became a black.
Speaker 6: Just to be clear, I don't know if you noticed or not, but you can be both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't.
Speaker 6: Want to break your brains, but two isn't even the most racist a person can be. Yeah, Bruno Mars is the most racist a person can be, and we know what's going on here. All of these attacks are the pink Kamala as just one big phony.
Speaker 8: Going to Georgia two days ago and putting on a fixed Southern accent when you were raised in Canada.
Speaker 6: Whoa, so wait, she's faking being black and she's Canadian. Well that's the worst thing you can call somebody.
Speaker 1: This year, Drake, And it's been a rough hair for Drake.
Speaker 6: And if I were a white Republican, I'd be a little worried about Democrats flipping this on me. If Republicans are appointing themselves the black police dims could become the white police, because not all whites or maga whites. You got kombucha whites, you got cargo short whites. You got Stanley Cup whites, both kinds of Stanley.
Speaker 1: Cup, hockey and beverage.
Speaker 6: You've even got whatever kind of white Jojo c Why is white people around the country watch that clip like she not like us?
Speaker 1: She not like us.
Speaker 6: But honestly, I'm not even mad at Republicans from bringing up Kamala's race. They've got a job to do and they're doing it. The only way they know how. The real bullshit is the media for hearing the Republican talking points and treating it like it's a real story.
Speaker 1: The vice president's racial identity has been in the news.
Speaker 4: Identity heritage is newly injected into the race.
Speaker 1: Why is foreign president Trump? Question? With vice president's racial identity.
Speaker 4: Talk about racial identity dominated the headlines.
Speaker 9: The claims about Vice President Harris's identity will probably make the most headlines.
Speaker 6: What do you mean these claims will make the most headlines, CNN, MSNBC, ABC. You're the ones who decide what the headlines are.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: These issues don't make headlines unless you put it in the headline. And none of these issues should be a headline. If a guy came up to me on the street saying the vice president is a chameleon, she can transform from Indian to black, I sent it. I'd be like, well, God bless you, sir. Here's two dollars.
Speaker 1: I gotta go.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, media, if you need headlines, it's not like it's a shortage of important issues in this election. You got the immigration, you got the economy, you got reproductive rights. The best place to dispose of a road kill, bear cub. Those are things that we need to be talking about. Okay, are maybe spend some time looking at how the GOP is already planning on how to steal the election by having corrupt state officials refuse to certify the results, getting corrupt judges to back them up before the whole thing goes to the corrupt Supreme Court that's already annointing Donald trumpet King, so now they can overturn the results of the election to declare him the winner and exchange for new RV.
Speaker 1: But hey, man, what do I know? That's just my opinion.
Speaker 10: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show weeknights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount
Speaker 1: Plus Paramount Podcasts