Speaker 1: Live on.
Speaker 2: Td Tuddy taking it to the house reservations for six. Whatever you call it, touchdown, one thing's for sure, touchdowns matter more at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or the defense, we don't care how you score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and at Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first NFL bet, try something as simple as betting on a player to score touchdown. Go to Draft King Sportsbook app and make your bet today. Ready to do your touchdown dance of your own. New Draft King customers can bet five bucks and get two hundred and fifty instantly in bonus best and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium. Download the Draft Kings sports app. Use code Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus best when you bet just five books and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite UNC Shannon Sharp. He got is modeled as new Teacher, is new Hoodie. That's the new immerse that we're going to sometime within the coming week the Nightcap and you can see your boy got on. I was held when I was working hell with I was well. Thank you for joining us for another episode. I'm your favorite on Shannon Shark. He is your favorite. You know he's from Liberty City. The Rod Run Extraordinary, the Big Origa Fame Arterie, the Pro Bowl of the All Pro. That's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson, but you can call him Oyo. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button. And guys, do us a favorite. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from, and remember every subscriber count And because of you, we've been able to enjoy a level of success that we could not have enjoyed without you. So thanks to you, we are who we are. Please make sure you go check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stock, so we hope to be in fourteen to sixteen states by the end of the year. If we're currently not in a state or city near you, we have it in stock. You can order it and we'll ship it right to your door, so the wait time will be minimal at best.
Speaker 3: So thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Please go subscribe to my media company page on all platforms that Shayshay Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out the uncin Oho t's are back in stock. I repeat, the unkin Oho t's are back in stock. And eighty four made the hoodie that Ocho has on, and it made the tea that I have on as well. So thank you guys for being so supportive. People have started to tweet and put on IG and dm us that they have started receiving their merch. We greatly appreciate y'all keeping us updated. So hopefully in the coming days all merch will be shipped. You will have it in your possession, and we greatly appreciate your support and your patience.
Speaker 3: Ocho. Let's get right into it, ye, Georgia Bulldogs.
Speaker 2: The number five Georgia Bulldogs go into Austin take down the number one Texas Longhorns. They double them up thirty fifteen. The Bulldogs would get the Foks their road victory, handing texas As first lost to the season. The Bulldogs entered the game the betting underdogs the first time since twenty twenty one. Yeah, and that was the season opened a span of fifty games. They jumped down to a twenty three nothing halftime lead, and guess what they really really never was challenged the top top five showdown did not It wasn't what we thought it would be. Oho quinn Ewers was bench temporarily. Archi Many came in for a couple of series, and then when they came out of the half, they went back to yours. They got fifteen. I think they got it what they got it twenty three fifteen. But Texas had a hard time moving the ball up and down the field and overturned defensive passing affairs called by the officials. After the long warm fans threw debris onto the field late in the third quarter, something that you nor I I don't think I've ever seen before. But when you watch this game, uh, what did you like about what you saw from the Bulldogs?
Speaker 5: Listen? Pure domination? Huh, pure domination?
Speaker 1: Especially that first half the game is one up front and Georgia pooh at the night the first half.
Speaker 5: Goddamn Texas was oh for seven on third down. They can't even get a third down? Listen, Jalen Walker. That's his name, right? Am I saying that? Right?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 5: Jalen at Javon?
Speaker 3: I beg it? What is the defense alignment? Defense?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 3: He was j Walk? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey boy? You the real deal.
Speaker 1: I know you're gonna see this. Jalen Walker, boy, you the boy, you was the real deal. I will see you on Sundays. Other than that man, the supporting cast for that, that Georgia defense man.
Speaker 5: It was all over the place.
Speaker 1: Obviously, they played the quarterback carousel trying to get a spark on offense. Texas did, putting arch Manning in, but he was overwhelmed a little bit.
Speaker 5: He was overwhelmed. I know, I know.
Speaker 1: He looked good when when yours was out earlier in the season, you know, a few games, but they wasn't playing that game.
Speaker 3: That guy wasn't playing Georgia.
Speaker 2: The level of talent that Georgia has completely different.
Speaker 1: It's a different ball game, our chaming. They're trying to give me a little spark. It didn't work. They went back to yours. They started to get the offense going a little bit, They started to get it going a little bit, but not enough, not enough. And again, that wasn't a p I two on that call you talked about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it would have been called.
Speaker 2: I've never seen I've never seen officials go back and say it one past interference.
Speaker 1: But the only the only reason they were able to deliberate on whether it's passive afference or not.
Speaker 5: Is because all the fan threw all.
Speaker 3: The dam trash they didn't want to get, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Exactly, So if they didn't have, if they didn't throw all that stuff on the field, the call would have stood. The passing affearence was still but the fact that you gave him too much time to deliberate, you know, boom, I mean it, it just wasn't. The dB had just as much right to the ball as a receiver, and you can't make contact you don't got running to the man.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. That was that could have been offensive because he pushed off and the ball and the ball was was outside. Yeah, so the dB was already outside and so he picked it. But I agree with you, I had never seen anything like that. Now, look not a call like that. It's almost like, uh, headquarters, Like that.
Speaker 3: Wasn't p I right right, right right, and all of a sudden, because I'm.
Speaker 5: Like the risks, The risks have.
Speaker 2: The rest of their Yeah, they got because you know when they call, when they call targety, you go to central control, just like the NFL when you have when you have a challenge you're going to go to central control.
Speaker 3: So yeah, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 2: But still even though I believe it was the wrong call in the beginning, I have never seen them.
Speaker 3: Pick a flag up like that. Uh it's no, not not no, no.
Speaker 2: So it was the right call, but I don't know under the right circumstances, under the right circumstances to do that, because everybody going like, man, how did how is that possible? And Kirby was like, hold on, wait a minute, you picked the flag up, you said it wasn't pire. Kirby wanted an explanation, curb. I think everybody wanted an explanation. But I don't believe the original call was right. I don't believe it was a defensive passing, defensial contact, or whatever the court terminology or phrase you want to use. I don't believe Georgia. I don't believe the Texas the cornerback. I don't believe he hinded it. I thought the offenser tried to disengage by shoving it, but the ball was so poorly thrown, it was outside and it hit the DV right in the chest, so he had no choice but to catch it. I'm surprised, and with the ease in which Georgia did this because Texas was only giving up six points. They go on the road, they they beat Michigan. Now after Michigan got beat by Indiana. Indiana is a little better than we thought. They go on the road and the rival game, they go to a neutral site and they beat the brakes off of Oklahoma. Oklahoma just got trials South Carolina the biggest. I think that's the biggest loss at home since twenty fourteen or something like that.
Speaker 3: So now Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: So now it's got me, and I think the world will sorry, but it's got me re evaluating what I should.
Speaker 3: Think about Texas. O jup. It really does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've played some inferior competition and they hung points on the board on them. But when I look at their big wins, supposedly allegedly they beat Michigan, Yeah, and they beat Oklahoma. Do we think Michigan and Oklahoma are really good this year?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Because most of most of the players that made them what they were last year, and they were so good.
Speaker 5: Everybody gone, Yep, everybody is gone.
Speaker 1: So now teams are being exposed as opposed to the next man up, and who's up and they're living off of last year's success expecting those team to be just as good. So Texas was exposed tonight, But again I think the exposure came strictly from the interior, and the Texas o line ain't shabby.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Neither is their defensive line. But it just goes to show you the level of talent that Georgia has. Your quarterback turned the ball over three times and you won by double digits. Hold remember o Jo he had that many turnovers against Alabama and.
Speaker 3: They took the lead.
Speaker 2: When you can turn the ball over like Georgia turned it over and still win the ball game.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what the problem is is not only you're turning the ball over once you get the ball back, Texas ain't doing nothing with the goddamn ball. Yeah, you ain't doing nothing with the ball because the defense was playing that well.
Speaker 2: And then Texas gave four turnovers. They had two formas by yours. They had won by art. When you play a team like Georgia, yeah, you're gonna have to be damn near perfect mm and the last thing you can you can do is turn the ball over. Yeah, even if you're at home, because when you play a team like Georgia, unless you're as equally as.
Speaker 3: Talented as they are, they're gonna run away from you.
Speaker 2: And they're not very many teams in the country that's equally talented that can match up with them on both offense and defensive line and the skill positions.
Speaker 3: Right, They're not very many teams in the country. Now we're gonna see, we'll see what.
Speaker 2: Oregon if Oregon if they if they play Oregon, or they play up in state, or they play some of the other top teams. But when you look at Georgia and the way they're built, Kebby has built this team like those old Alabama teams where either decordinate on let me go get old line, you build from, you build from front to back, you build from offensive line back, you build from defensive line back. Yeah, that's the way coach Savan built those Alabama teams. That's the way Kirby Smart is building this Georgia team. And they've enjoyed a level of dominance since what twenty one that we haven't seen in a while, since those Alabama teams.
Speaker 3: Were doing it like that. But Georgia is really good.
Speaker 2: Look, I know they've lost to Alabama, But it's hard for me to believe that there's a better team than Joye. I know organ Is the number is, the number two seed, that number two ranked number two, and they went on the road and they thunk produced and I know they beat last week, they beat Ohio State at home.
Speaker 3: But watching with my own eyes, yeah, I don't see a team bettert Penn State.
Speaker 5: At what point, at one point do you think, what are the chances.
Speaker 1: I mean, at some point I know they probably will or I don't know, will Oregon play Georgia at some point or what It wouldn't be until there's some type of playoff.
Speaker 3: Implication, Yeah, playoff implication. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The speed the only thing with Georgia.
Speaker 1: I think they will still dominating the trenches as far as up front the concerned, because yeah, for sure, when I think about Oregon, I think about Finessan speed. I think about Finessing speed. They got some hogs that they don't have, no hogs like Georgia has. But I think the edge as far as in the game, it's because Oregon is so goddamn fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so fair.
Speaker 1: They so fast from sideline to sideline. As far as skill position, is probably equal, But I don't know. I think I I think it would be a very very good game. It'd be a very good game.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: When you play Georgia, it's just like any of you gotta be physical. You have to got to be physical because they're not gonna let you get outside and they're gonna run. Hey, they're gonna play. They're gonna play bully football. That's the way they're built. They're built to play a physical brand of football. We're not gonna get down.
Speaker 3: That's what they do. They wear you down out.
Speaker 2: I was like, Boyd Texas, y'all playing with fire, y'all getting all these turnovers and you're not doing anything with them. I say, now, this momentum is gonna shift. Now what happens if you start to turn the ball over, right, Because right now everything is going in your favor.
Speaker 3: You're creating turnovers, you're getting a short field, and you're not doing anything with it.
Speaker 2: Now, when this momentum flips right, you start turning the ball over or Georgia and all of a sudden, you don't turn it over.
Speaker 3: Even if you punt the ball away, they hold you and you punt the ball away.
Speaker 2: What happens when they get momentum and you see what happened twenty three to nothing at the half.
Speaker 5: Dank.
Speaker 2: So the Georgia Bulldogs go on the road to Austin take down the number one long horse thirty to fifteen. Bet did not play well, three interceptions, quinn Ewers did not play well. You're gonna have to find a way in big, meaningful games. And I think there's one game Alabama last year. I thought he played really really well. He played really really well lo Jo, and but he has an injury history and he hasn't played consistently in big games.
Speaker 5: Big game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's gonna be very interesting to see for me after watching these guys. You know, cam Ward, I like cam Ward, but hey, it's it's hard to say that there there's better quarterbacks that's that's in this that's gonna be in this twenties twenty five draft.
Speaker 3: It's better than Shadur No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I think Shador is the clear number one favorite as far as quarterbacks are concerned.
Speaker 5: I don't see anyone probably being picked me for him.
Speaker 1: As far as number one is concerned, I think the next player after him would probably be maybe a d tackle, maybe a defensive end, maybe a right guard, you know some some of the big boys that have been playing very well this year.
Speaker 5: But you do it is a clear the clear favorite. He's a clear favorite. And I still think, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if the injuries will play any type of part. I still think that Travis Hunter also.
Speaker 3: Has a chance to go Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, be the.
Speaker 5: Top three, maybe top five.
Speaker 1: I would like to say top three if if we can figure out, you know, the injuries and what's going over them with those.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, we got a factor in. That's why they don't let guys play all those snaps.
Speaker 3: Your body.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he young, be young when I don't care how young you are.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, playing one hundred and thirty snaps the game is not conducive. Now think about that, he played one hundred and thirty snaps in college. Right you think he gona play one hundred thirty snaps in the NFL? Absolutely not No, No, Probably what's happening. What's what's happening to it? Body breaking down?
Speaker 3: Oh chah, you can't play those snaps the body of all of them.
Speaker 5: Wait, what what injury? What is the injury?
Speaker 3: Do you know he hurt his shoulder.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, okay, okay, I don't. I don't think hurting your shoulder is really not the type of injury that's that's a reflection of when.
Speaker 2: You get tackled. When you get tackled, you follow the ground when you tackle somebody. You're doing that one hundred times a game now. Normally O yo, when you play offense, you might get hit ten times a game if you catch the ball or you fall on the ground. So imagine you get you playing one hundred plus snaps, you tackle it, and you getting tackled.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was hits and magnified, right, Yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 2: I think that's the biggest Could he could somebody? Yeah, there have been a lot of guys that probably could have played it, But the game is fed up, it's a lot more.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a lot more.
Speaker 2: Conditioning now, and he has a condition right, But you're asking someone to put that mode of snaps on his body week in and week out. That's the biggest difference is the physicality right in the NFL.
Speaker 5: Especially at the next level.
Speaker 1: But if there's one person I would love to see do it, I was there's one person I would love to see prove those I'm not going to say doubters, those that feel he can do it. I would love to see him do it. I'm sure whatever team he goes to, they're going to have some like like like we've always said, you I think you and Prime, I will Prime really won't give us an answer.
Speaker 5: I think you prefer him to play dB.
Speaker 1: I preform to be at the wide receiver position, simply from a financial standpoint long term, with the type of money they can command when you're when you're really really good at what you do. I'm excited for him. He says he can do it, the fact that he believes he can. But once you got it here and believe you can do it despite what we may think, you know, based on the physicality of the game at the next level and how close the compition is when you're part of the one percent, is there's somebody I think that that may be able to pull it off, even if we feel he can't.
Speaker 5: I would love to see him do it just to prove some people wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not a point that he can't. Yes, he can do it, but at what point is it a diminishing return? Okay, at what point does him the receiver does it suffer? At what point does it the dB? Does it suffer? Because you want to be great, but then you let's just say he's a great ride, great wide receiver, but then his defensive skin, then it hurts the defensive side, or he's great on the defensive side and it hurts the offensive side.
Speaker 3: At some point, Ojo, it has to be a diminishing return.
Speaker 5: Some got to give.
Speaker 2: I've gotta give Ojo that minutes. Ojo, you think about the most steps I've ever played in the game. I think it's about ninety three. And I'm just playing. I'm just just offensive snaps right right. Imagine imagine playing one hundred plus every game sick teen games, seventeen games. Oh cho, that's seventeen hundred plays. You know that's two seasons.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: But when you think about it, the level of competition and of the elites that are at at the NFL level, he won't be able to just take someone's position on both sides of the ball like that.
Speaker 5: That's why I think with whichever, you.
Speaker 2: Don't we're trying to see you and I are smart enough to say, okay, put him in packaging.
Speaker 3: He's gonna if he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna play, Okay, we got a couple of packages for your on the offenser side. Okay, we got some defensive packages. But everybody's talk about, oh, hes gonna play both, he gonna start both.
Speaker 5: And that's that's tough.
Speaker 3: Ry.
Speaker 5: That's tough. That's that's tough, And I mean I would like people to be a little bit more realistic.
Speaker 1: I think for us that have played the game and those that also playing the games, that are playing the game right now, have a better understanding.
Speaker 5: You like, you like the attitude and the feeling of I can do.
Speaker 1: Both, but with great understanding on how good everybody really is.
Speaker 5: That's that's a tall task on That's a that's a tall task. Boy.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of some of the guys that he played against, O Joe, it's not going to make it to the NFL. Every guy here he plays against on Sunday if in the NFL. And that's what when people say, oh, this college team could be the pro team, I said, Look, even people don't realize Bama Florida State out.
Speaker 5: LSU twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: L s U team put him against the worst, put him against the worst NFL team.
Speaker 3: They beat the health.
Speaker 2: They man the NFL team and beat the health them grown ass, grown ass being Hey, we.
Speaker 1: Talk about Jessic Jefferson, Jamar Chase, Joe Burrow, Joe Burrow, they will.
Speaker 5: Get mollywah Man, they get molliwah.
Speaker 2: People don't understand that grown that's a grown man. Yeah, y'all having good time. And that was a historically great team. It was for them grown men.
Speaker 5: Now it's different ball game.
Speaker 2: Broy bad please end up. But look, he's a phenomenal talent. He's as good a talent as I've seen. Now.
Speaker 3: I don't know how your quantity. I don't know how you're quantified.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I didn't pay that close of attention to some of the guys because I was playing, so I didn't have the kind of time like we have now to just watch Travis Hunter on both sides of the ball. I was in the league when Champ Baylor was doing what he was doing. I was in the league when Charles Woodson was doing what he's doing. And I was in the league with Miles Jack. But I wasn't really paying an attention like and we didn't have a show like we have with Nightcap, where We're talking about a lot of different things on the night. Basically, you got once a week we talk about something and then we moved were moving on. But in this situation to studying, like I said, I'm I'm pretty close to Boll's age. I'm pretty close to times age. Those are the two the greatest athletes that I've seen with my own.
Speaker 5: Eyes as Yeah, especially both shit.
Speaker 2: Man and like I said, I mean, you know, play offense and defense. I saw Time do it. I saw Time do it in the NFL. I saw him play offensive defense. Yeah, starting start, I saw him start. You know, they had had some packages for him, but it had been interesting to see. You know, next time we have mother, we're gonna ask him, do you believe you could have played in the entire season playing both sides of the football.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about talking about every step. You know what I'm saying, Because we saw.
Speaker 5: Him do it, play every snap, probably say yeah.
Speaker 3: He might, he might.
Speaker 2: But the one thing he's gonna be honest with you, now, yeah, he gonna gona He's gonna be honest. Uh. I mean he obviously he has supreme confidence in his ability and rightfully so. I mean the hardest thing to do. Most people say the hardest thing to do is to hit the baseball. The man played in a football game and went played in the World Series game. He's hit home runs. He's hit the inside the park home is double triple. He's picked up a pass. He's running punt back. He's runna kick off back. He's called a touchdown.
Speaker 3: He's running.
Speaker 2: I mean, we ain't iNFiNiT of doubting because we've seen it at the highest level. So we've seen this man on the baseball field, O Jo, at the height, at the majors. We've seen him in Super Bowls. We've seen him be an All Pro. Like I said, he's been an All Pro three different teams. Only are two other men have ever done that? T O and Ted store and and Ted Hendricks. So that takes you to the level. If I'm not mistaken, I think Time has all more All prochein's than than than than Pro Bowl selections.
Speaker 5: Let that sink in.
Speaker 2: I guess said, O Joe. People don't People don't realize how good time was. You know what I'm saying. We've been so far removed.
Speaker 5: From him now, so you see him.
Speaker 2: You know, you see the YouTube clips. But some things you only you have to be able to see through your own Yeah, hey.
Speaker 5: Do you do you do you put Jordan's do you put than that same class?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you got hold on, I'm saying being a two two sport athlete, even though he tried his hand in baseball, but he No, I'm just no, I'm.
Speaker 5: Just asking, I'm just asking.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, Jordan Is is historically great basketball player.
Speaker 5: You don't give him the credit for the trying his hand in baseball.
Speaker 2: No, okay, I mean you could try. I mean, yeah, he tried. I mean you know that, you know, but mm hmm, he didn't get called up to the majors. That's where the big boys are. Yeah, there are a lot of guys that are that are lifetime.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a levels to this. There's the NBA and then you can go to the G League. You can play overseas. The NBA is the NBA. You know, guys played semi pro where I played the semi pro. That ain't NFL NFL. That's what if you're talking about pro football. Now, there was two leagues when they had the USFL and a lot of some of the guys. Reggie White played in the USFL. A lot of guys that played that came over and had a Sam Mills rested soul. He started in the USFL, the field moules. There's a lot of guys that played in there, but people that look at them, Jim Kelly one moon guys.
Speaker 3: But when you can you you got you got your cred. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You got your cred, o Joe, when you came to the NFL, you get your cred when it says NBA MLB. And congratulations to the Yankee Soto three one homer, top of the Tears, two outs, two strikes.
Speaker 5: Yah, yacht, he came in clutch, y'all? Did he missed out? Hey?
Speaker 3: All I know is it gonna cost about five hundred meal too?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 5: Hold on, what's what's the what's the series?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: Three? One? Oh?
Speaker 3: They're in the World Series.
Speaker 2: And so now they're waiting on the Dodgers, the Dodgers and the Dodgers and then the Guardians. No, they beat the Guardians. The Yankees just put the Guardians out. Who who the the Maths and the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, what they hold on the Dodgers is up. Like what two three one two?
Speaker 3: Huh yeah? Three one yeah, not three two three two? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey, can you imagine that the Dodgers and Yankees World Series. That's gonna be a good game seven.
Speaker 2: There, boy, you got New York, you got LA. You can't get it. You can't get anything better than that. You can't get anything better than that. It's like it's like the the Lakers and the Celtics. Oh yeah, like old school.
Speaker 3: In the eighties when you got bird in magic.
Speaker 5: Mm hm. You know, I'm I'm not much of a baseball fan.
Speaker 1: I don't watch baseball much, but I'm glad to see I'm not sure if the Stein and there's still the owner or you know, yeah, here give I'm glad to see that taking have you play, you pay the play. I'm glad to see pouring that money into the team is finally paying off.
Speaker 2: That's always there to do the Yankees of the one thing you can never accuse the Yankees of being you ain't paying no money.
Speaker 3: They've always paid money.
Speaker 2: They went and got Dave Winfield, they went and got Reggie Jackson, they go get Randy Johns.
Speaker 3: They will spend the money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's always been like that. If I'm not mistaken. He brought the Yankees from the CBS in seventy three for like seven million dollars.
Speaker 3: That's it. What you talk about? Seven million dollars on what my dad's see it.
Speaker 5: I mean when you think about it, I mean you think seven million like in today's time.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know it's nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 1: And it ain't mean no disrespect those that are watching. I ain't mean to catch you just say that's it like that. I'm just I apologize.
Speaker 2: No, But they've they've always they've always spent money. They always have, they always will because they want to win. Yeah, they want to win. And it ain't nobody know, you know. And could they like stuff their pockets with sure, Yeah, But he pass whatever whatever trait that is that that mister Steinbrinder had, he passed it down to his son because they will spend money. Now, they just spent forty million dollars three hundred and sixty million for nine years for Aaron Judge. Yeah, they spent three fifty five on the picture. They're about to spend fourth. They're about to spend five hundred on Soto, maybe six yeah, one nice, maybe six.
Speaker 1: So whoa whoa, whoa whoa six might be a little steep. Now where if if you got to think, what's his name? If Otani just got ten years, seven hundred million, the fact that he got seven hundred million is the fact that he can do so much.
Speaker 5: He's stealing bases, he can go out there and strike, go out there and get you some strikeouts. And he a slugger.
Speaker 2: This year, slugger Miguel Sodo gonna get fired, gonna get five fifty six million. I keep saying, Mick, Miguel one Sodo gonna get six, five fifty six hundred.
Speaker 5: O Joe, do you think he's gonna he's gonna stay with the Yankees. Are're gonna go somewhere else?
Speaker 3: Who got the most money?
Speaker 2: Because if start listen the way baseball players are right, they want to keep the market going. They going to the highest bider right right now. The Yankees did something very unique with with with a judge. They offer judge like eight years, two seventy He said, nah, I'm good.
Speaker 3: He played it out.
Speaker 2: He had that MVP season, and they gave him something very few Yankees have ever had.
Speaker 3: They put that seal on his jersey. Captain. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, there's been a lot of captains, but when you captain of the Yankees, that's a whole different ball game. Different, that's different. He a whole lot of men that war in that sea had that seat on the pens track.
Speaker 5: Hey did. One of the greatest short shortstop was captain.
Speaker 2: He was the last captain, right, Okay, yeah, yeah, okay, yuh.
Speaker 3: I think Thurman Munson was a captain.
Speaker 2: Probably Demaggio, right yeah, but you you you're talking, you talk about epic names when you talk about Yankees captains, probably Garry.
Speaker 3: Probably Ruth.
Speaker 5: That's dope.
Speaker 3: That's I don't think Jamijo was. I know it wasn't. It couldn't have been. Mantl not as much as he partied.
Speaker 5: NICKI Micky, Micky, Yeah, he's the party.
Speaker 2: What he said, if he knew he was gonna live so long, he took better care of himself. Louke Garrick down Matty baseball judge, I'm not judge, Awestley and Jeter with Thurmer Monthson captain. He died in the plane crash. I remember him used to catcher Ron Gidry Okay, well, okay, yeah, I don't know him. You're going way back now, I remember, I remember Willie ran dof the second base, remember Ron gidgriy. Oh no, no, no, no, I don't know you go, you go. You're going too far back down, all right, oh Joe. Colorado is one game away from being both eligible. George Sanders went twenty three or thirty three passes two hundred and fifty yards, two touchdowns or Russian touchdowns with two interceptions. Travis Hunter started started after injuring his shoulder against Colorado as against Kansas State, but with the twenty eight three lead, he sat out the entire second half to rest that shoulder. The Buffalo's improved the five and two with a win today.
Speaker 1: Since twenty fourteen, man, I think I think twenty fourteen something like that. Yeah, yeah, they look good today.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: They look like a completely different team. They look like a completely different team. They could have put up more points than they did, too, They could have put up more points than they did.
Speaker 5: And you say they're Bowl eligible.
Speaker 3: With one more win, right, you gotta get a six.
Speaker 5: They just beat Arizona. Who do they have next?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 2: I don't who they got who on the schedule? Don't they got to do? They play Arizona State this year. Cincinnati. They got Cincinnati at home.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a that's a that's a dub.
Speaker 3: What tip at Texas Tech? Texas Tech got trials today.
Speaker 5: Texas Tech. They not good this year.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm. They throw them all around.
Speaker 1: Yeah they they listen. They they always been like that. So hell the bus got a chance to go seven and two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the score was twenty eight seven.
Speaker 2: Colorado was up twenty eight seven at the half, and so Travis Hunter, coach Prime, gave him the rest of the day off.
Speaker 3: They're doing a great job. They're attacking the quarterback.
Speaker 2: If you look at it, one, three, four or five seven, look like they had like they had seven sacks, seven tackle for losses. Defense is doing a great job. They ran the football, Oh show. They ran the football thirty nine rushers one hundred and forty eight yards. Webster had another big day, receiving the ball eight for buck twenty seven, twenty three. They had twenty three completions for two hundred and fifty yards, two touchdowns, and they read the ball. This is one of the times, ought Joe. When you look at it, they had more rushing attempts than passing at temp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, you know, it's funny when you're running the ball efficient like that and you're gashing teams like that and balances out the playbook.
Speaker 5: You can do what you want.
Speaker 1: You can do what you want to do in the past game where you can when you know you can run the ball, it makes everything easier, everything easier.
Speaker 2: Oh, Texas techad and that bad Day are five and two b YU since the top of the conference at four and oh tiew with Iowa State at four and oh. K State is three and one day six and one. Texas Tech is three and one in the conference, Cincinnati three and one of the conference. Colorado is three and one in the conference, seventy and seventy six and one, five and two, five and two, five and two. Kansas State has their advantage because they already beat Colorado. Yeah, so but this game, you know, hey, they can do some damage win against Cincinnati and they I like, but I like it seems to me that they are they get better. They just can't have that love because remember what they did the u c f o Jo. They went down there and they dominate the most complete game. Even coach Brian came on and said, this was our complete, most complete game. And then the next week, all of a sudden they forgot how to stop the run, protect your door.
Speaker 3: So hopefully they played they like, you know what, this is how we got to where we needed to be. Let's continue this.
Speaker 2: But that defense, the defensive line they were attacking today, they did an unbelievable job.
Speaker 3: Seven sacks, seven tackle for losses. Yeah, you can win with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And one thing to take note, and no disrespect to them, but also the Arizona offensive line really ain't what it should be. Yeah, true, it really ain't what it should be. So that's why it looked like that. So if they can continue the same thing when they do play Cincinnati, if that's the next game, now we're talking.
Speaker 2: Right, well Cincinnati they won today I think to be Arizona State and the coach was upset at the kickers.
Speaker 3: I'm holding open drive for anybody that want to kick.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 1: Very few times coaches do coaches just be honest and tell the media exactly how they truly feel. Most answers, the most comments are always politically correct, and listen, I just it's kind of kind of sad or bad in a way.
Speaker 5: You know, they'll talk about the coach for that, but hey, that's how you feel.
Speaker 3: Hey, huh yeah, we're will talk about that. Lady.
Speaker 2: Coach say, look here, if you can kick a football or kick ass, come on out here, Come on out here, Come on out here, Stryde, don't you.
Speaker 3: But Coach Prime's Colorado Buffalo's get to.
Speaker 2: Get to five and two with a very impressive thirty four to seven win over Arizona on Friday. President former President Obama attended the campaign rather than to South Arizona. Said he saw busses for Colorado football team at the airport. President Obama said, Colorado got a couple of good players. Also know you guys are beating them twice in a row. Don't bet against the wildcast tomorrow Buffalo win. Prop to the reporters to ask Coach Prime about former President Obama's comments. I love him, I admire him, I respect him tremendously. But I heard what he said. We have more than a few good players. Come on, press, come on, Preds.
Speaker 5: That's live.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, Tennessee. The volunteers drop the Alabama's Crimson tide to five and two. It's the first time since two thousand and seven coach Sabans first year there. That they've lost two games before November October canis end soon enough for Kaylin Duboor, the number seven Alabama first lost to vander Belt, then a narrow win against South Carolina, and today a twenty four to seventeen lost to Tennessee could doom this Crimson Tides hope for playing the SEC Championship game and reaching the college football playoffs. The Tide managers sixty four yards rushing against Tennessee talented defensive front Jalen Melroe tossed the pair of interer sessions, including one of the final minutes that sealed the volunteer win.
Speaker 3: Ocho.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to understand, yea, his team isn't good enough to overcome his mistakes.
Speaker 5: Mistakes. Yeah, not only that, Hell, that goddamn Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Forget the Tennessee forget the offensive line that wouldn't allowed Alabama to rush the goddamn secondary. That was more surprising than me how well the secondary played against Ryan Williams and the rest of those receivers, The rest of those receivers that Alabama has, they man, they was on them boys, like right.
Speaker 5: On right shot there, man.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Every week, every week we watch Alabama play, there's always been a receiver with a highlight, some fifty yard touchdown, seven yard touchdown, you know, short stuff, taking short short routes, intermediate routes, taking them to the house.
Speaker 5: There was none of that today. By there was none of that today. And then on top of the.
Speaker 1: Turnovers and not really being able to move the ball like you like or put up points like we're used to seeing Alabama do. Man, Kudos of that Tennessee defense. Matter of fact, kudos of that Tennessee secondary. They played well, They played real well.
Speaker 2: And some Hell, for a second, I thought a male roads punting the ball the way it was coming out of the hell the way it was looking like, did you punt that or you threw it? Hey? They was only mam oh shoe. But he's staying receivers down, Bro, you can't do it. If I promise you, I promise you, if you still receive it down in the NFL, you're gonna complete under fifty percent of your passes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, ship or is going the other way one or the other one of it.
Speaker 1: But you know it's hard, now, you know it's hard when you're getting hit to be able to get the ball, and you know your ay supposed to be on the safety, true, and just the whole of safety there before you make it throw. Now when you're shaking, you got and you got happy feet. You want to see your target right away so you can complete the past.
Speaker 2: And that guy jumped off sides. I don't know how they didn't call that a penalty. Oh show, yeah, but yeah he was past the tackle. If Melroe hadn't even.
Speaker 5: Got the ball, oh yeah, I don't know what they were looking at.
Speaker 2: I don't know either. He must have had he must have had a a Tennessee as part of his parlay. Now your kid mad nod. But I do think that was I think most people think that was a procedure, that he was off side of the situation like that. I'm shocked they didn't blow it dead. Yeah, I was surprised that they didn't. They didn't blow it dead. But Melro has to play better. If you go back and look at the games two turnovers against Vanderbilt last week, similar situation gainst Carolina, they could have easily lost that game again another two turnovers to day. He has to play a clean game o Joe because they're not good enough to overcome his mistakes.
Speaker 3: They're just not and he has he needs to understand that. But I don't know. It's Look, it's not it's not looking good. Alabama lows two games.
Speaker 2: There's not November yet, but I kind of felt they were in trouble when they lost the Vanda Belt. Yeah, looking at this schedule, like they still got to go to Tennessee, they still got to go to l s U. They still got the Iron Bowl with Auburn, they still got Old Miss. Could could they lose? Could they lose? Boy Alabama lose four games in the season. I mean it could happen, you think, listen, absolutely could happen.
Speaker 5: It could happen.
Speaker 1: I don't know whose schedule worse as far as the college concerned, the Cowboys. Would they they next five coming up or Alabama with their next foe coming out?
Speaker 5: Shoot?
Speaker 3: Both? Both?
Speaker 1: Is looking real grim. Honestly, I don't even know what grim means. But bad not good? Oh hell no, Yeah, it's uh.
Speaker 2: But I'm surprised given that he started, you know, last year, and how he picked it up and how he played well, he started the season off kind of reverted back.
Speaker 3: But this is this is not a good look. Bro.
Speaker 2: The number six Miami Hurricanes keep winning close. When beating Louisville fifty two to forty five, the Hurricanes third and the acc win in a row by one possession. Cam Ward keeps putting up Heisman Trophy worthy numbers. After losing three interception and wins against Virginia taking cal he stayed cleaning against the Cardinals, hitting twenty one of thirty two passes three hundred and nineteen yards four touchdowns while adding twenty nine yards on the ground. Ward continues to leave power for with twenty seven combined scores, He's gonna have numbers and they're gonna have impressive resume as far as he wins. Ojoe fifty two, I think this is the fourth time this season that they've scored fifty points some more, which is a program record. I think cam Ward has like what six or seven consecutive three hundred yard passing games, which is also a program record. So he's doing what he needs to do right in order for them to like keep his name in the Heidsman Trophy. In Heidsman Trophy conversation, now, jent oh, Joe, it's just gonna be hard. He rushes for twenty five hundred, twenty six, twenty seven hundred yards?
Speaker 5: What he had what he had today? Oh, they was gonna buy.
Speaker 3: I think they're gonna buy. I mean he's on a pace to.
Speaker 2: I mean put it like this, not saying he's gonna continue, but he's ahead of the pace that Barry was on when he rushed for twenty six twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Right, you can probably he can probably get it. He can probably get it. I would love to see if he was in days No, what is Alabama?
Speaker 2: Then? What? What? What?
Speaker 3: CC?
Speaker 1: I would love to see if he was in the s SEC. Would you still be able to put up those type of numbers in that type of conference?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Probably not. I still think he'd be really good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'll be really good. I just want to see what his numbers would look like.
Speaker 3: Well, they tried that.
Speaker 2: I mean there's some tea programs that tried to lure him away, put him into uh uh you know, give him nil money.
Speaker 3: But he stayed.
Speaker 5: He stayed anyway, he stayed. Boy, you better than me, Boy, yeah, you better than me.
Speaker 1: All I need is to give me, listen, give me, give me a charger, give me a charge, and I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, give me something. I let's Hey, I tell somebody a my grandma need a refrigerator or a deep freezer. And then I'm gonna tell the other school y'all need to build a house around that refrigerator and deep freezer.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna be straight. We got apply's already hooked up.
Speaker 2: O yo, please, Hey the way we struggling to yeah, man, o Joe, Hey, I ain't gonna lie man age it was rough, o Mary reporting in a family. Yeah, and if I could have made it either, Hey, somebody say, hey, shallow, we got a you know, we got one hundred thousand nil honey by.
Speaker 5: You out of there. You know how much one hundred thousand wars back.
Speaker 3: Then, back in the eighties.
Speaker 5: Boy stop.
Speaker 2: And and you know, hey, the phone bill get to be like seventy five one hundred dollars. It's all for the month. We could pay that bad pies heah dollar hey mm hmmm, hey that money. Hey, grandma working taking from you work, you working all them jobs, cleaning people houses. I got to see my grandma go clean somebody house and bay, you know, and bade people and all in hell. Man, I'm gone. I'm telling you, I'm gone out of there quick. I mean, what what, what the hell am I doing it for? Right? I'm all all somebody giving me nil money? Oh Joe, is somebody giving me a bag? All they did was feed the process up, because I'm.
Speaker 3: Doing this for her anyway.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all you did was, Hey, instead of having to wait till nineteen ninety, you sped it up. You got me.
Speaker 3: I been there a year or two quicker. Yeah, man, please, I'm gone done. But you know, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: My brother had an opportunity uh to come out his junior year, and I remember having a conversation with him.
Speaker 3: I said, man, you know what you think? He said.
Speaker 2: They tell him I'm gonna be a first round pick. And I remember having this conversation with him. I said, Spain, we've been broke all our life. I said, we've been going hungry another year. Ain't gonna kill us. Show if you're telling me, if you say you'll be a first round pick, it's probably gonna be middle till later in the first And they say the following the next year you.
Speaker 3: Could be a top tier I'm good, right.
Speaker 2: I invited the sausage and potted meat was another year. Yell, yeah, that's that shoe will Hey, I've been going to I've been going outside to the bathroom for nineteen years.
Speaker 3: Another year. Ain't gonna kill me?
Speaker 5: Yeah done, got.
Speaker 2: Reigned on, thunder and lightning, cold, Go right on up out there, old joke. Another year, ain't gonna kill us, bro go back to school with laid right up in the house. Look at see the sun, see the moon it rained exact.
Speaker 5: Hey, ah, that's funny. Shit.
Speaker 3: Who else we got?
Speaker 2: Brady Cook returns from the hospital to lead Number nineteen the Number nineteen Tigers Missouri Tigers to a comeback win over Auburn. Cook went to the hospital for an mi but later returning the third quarter with the Missouri down seventeen to six. Cook immediately laid Missouri on his first touchdown drive of the game. Redshirt freshman Jamal Roberts finished things with a four yard scoring plunge. Excuse me, as Missouri defense stifled Auburn on fourth and eighteen with less than ten seconds left on the clock to secure the win. Cook returned and the fact that it looks like he'll be okay moving forward is huge for the Tigers.
Speaker 3: I ain't never seen nothing like this, and.
Speaker 5: He pulled, he pulled that.
Speaker 1: Paul Pierson will yeah, Mr Right, come back in and ickle fool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But you know how long an MRI take on.
Speaker 3: Yeah I do. I've had I've had several of them, these bad ass hilps.
Speaker 5: Hey, bad buddy. When it got m RI and came back and went crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, hell yeah, I know. I long it took. It reminds me of situation. Rest his soul.
Speaker 2: Goose Man Sarah Goose, Yeah, man, Goose, check this out, man, Goose. Were playing in Baltimore, and I know the fans of Baltimore. I know y'all remember this man, Goose got hit. Goose can't move. Goose can't move. So they come out there. They put a board up on this big ass and get him out the field, and get him out the field, Goose leaving the ambulance.
Speaker 5: Right where he left in the ambulance.
Speaker 3: Now they say, you know, Goose, come running back out over you.
Speaker 2: I said, comebo, man, man, Hey, hey, what was wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Nothing? You probably had to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 5: Hey, well that's funny, man, God damn man.
Speaker 3: Man. Look here Goose was always doing something. Man.
Speaker 2: They had to get Goose one time. They yeah, Lamar did that also against Cleveland. Uh, Man, Goose had to go to the bathroom. Goose say, whatever you do, don't roll me over.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: Goose kept some bulldime going. He really did. Man, I say bad.
Speaker 2: First of all, ain't nowhere in hell now, especially the NFL game, they cart you off the field.
Speaker 3: Oh sho, They're gonna let you come back in the game.
Speaker 2: No, man, But the thing Baker, I think about, man, I think about some of the stuff that we did that they allowed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ain't no way, ain't no way they allowed you do that now. Nope, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Because I remember I got I knocked myself out in the game against the Patriots on Monday night, missed like two quarters.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: They got laid in the ball game about hey, shark, we need you because they took my heaven.
Speaker 3: At first.
Speaker 2: You went back in that game, got close. Hey, I'm holding three fingers up? How many fingers?
Speaker 3: I got up? Three? Let's go you good.
Speaker 2: I went right over back y'all gonna look it up. I went right on back out there, old yoke. He no, hey, yeah, man, But that was that was unbelievable. I'm glad everything worked out for Brady Cook.
Speaker 3: Left.
Speaker 2: The game goes against them, our team down comes back until the game leads them to a victory.
Speaker 3: That was very, very impressive.
Speaker 2: Arizona State coach Kenny Dillingham posting an apology on social media Saturday night for his post game criticism of kicker Ian Hershey, the kicker missed two fourth quarter kick as the Sun Devil tried to mind a comeback against Cincinnati. Dillingham said Sunday the team would be holding kicking trials on Monday. Our kicking game is atrocious. So if you can kick, and you're an Arizona and you're at Arizona State, email me right, we're gonna have kicking trials on Monday. So bringing on kicking trials Monday, let's go. Yeah, I'm dead serious. We're gonna put it out there on social media. We're gonna have a kicking tri out on Monday. We're gonna find somebody who can make a field goal. It makes it even harder lating games when you're clearly a kick scenario, that's when it gets really hard because you're like, hey, it's a clearly a kick. You know, definitely you want to take the points here, there's no doubt in your mind. Dellingham letter apologize. I would like to apologize for my postgame press conference. I talked about a kicking game like I do offense and defense. However, the kicking game is already always directed at one player. I should not have done that, and I apologize. A team loses, as we always one hundred percent falls on myself, Sun devil for life.
Speaker 5: Hell nah, it don't fall on no goddamn yourself. It's the kicker's fault. It's okay, it's okay to tell it you. Sometime you have one job.
Speaker 1: The kicker has one job. You go out there to practice. You do one thing all practice for two hours. Kick the goddamn ball. Yeah, sometimes the game is on your shoulders. You have to kick the ball to win the game. In this instance, you want to take the points. You miss field goals to make the game closer. Maybe you might have had a chance to win at some point.
Speaker 5: You never know. You gotta make your kicks. That's all you do.
Speaker 1: Hell, if you don't got damn scholarship, they've wasted a scholarship on you as the kicker and you're missing the goddamn kicks. If you're at the next level and you miss the kicks, you know what's gonna happen to you with that she is you're gonna get cut. Then they're gonna find somebody else that's gonna make them. You know, I don't don't You don't need to apologize for that, because all this does is get that individual if he's choosing to be a kicker at the next level.
Speaker 5: This is how it's gonna be. It ain't gonna be no speech like that to the media. Ain't gonna be no speech like that.
Speaker 1: It's your stuff gonna be packed up in the goddamn locker, and then they're not gonna let you in.
Speaker 5: Your gate code ain't gonna work at the next level.
Speaker 2: What you do realize, like college, the scholarship is not for four years. That thing gets renewed every year. Oh yeah, come on, now, I know there are a lot of guys that came in with me, the ones that didn't leave. Yeah, once we got in and started doing two days because like I said, oh Joe, we ran before practice because Coach Davis told us we had like one hundred and twenty guys out there and Coach David said, I got sixty uniforms.
Speaker 3: He said, I got to trim the fat right erect. Boy.
Speaker 2: I couldn't go home, Yeah, because I wasn't working in the fields. I was done with the field job. Hey. I saw my uncles and I saw men that was twenty and thirty years older than me. Like, I'm not finna do this. I'm not finna be working no job making twenty thirty dollars a day for the rest of my life with no benefits. And if I don't work, I need me a salary job. Even if I don't show up, I'm gonna get paid. You know, when you work no job like that, no joke.
Speaker 3: You don't show up, you don't get paid, you don't get paid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it rained out, you know, Hey, it rained. Oh we can't go today. I don't get no check. I ain't got no insurance. So I was like that, ain't that ain't me. I ain't leave it, right, I ain't leaving because I knew there was nothing back home that was better than for me than what I had at Savannah State. Oh yeah, so, but coach David said. Coach David said, look, some of y'all ain't gonna be here next year. He just said, I know what y'all gonna do. Y'all gonna go home, and you're gonna tell your mom and dad Coach Davis.
Speaker 3: F don't with me.
Speaker 2: But when they come in my office say you ft over my son, I'm gonna pull the tape out and I'm gonna show up. I'm gonna say, see your sonf and over me.
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: That's a good simple. Yeah, it's really that simple. Pro It ain't complicated, o Jo, it's not. You got a job to do.
Speaker 3: Do it as man.
Speaker 2: You know everybody perfect, Okay, you need to be more perfect than not. I ain't saying you got to be perfect all the time, but you better be more perfect.
Speaker 5: Than not, damn at least at least ninety.
Speaker 3: So. I don't know, y'all.
Speaker 2: I don't know what y'all want me to tell you, because this is this a either get Barney Parter to get good to get gone.
Speaker 3: You got two choices. You can get good, excuse me, you can get good or you can get gone. Which one you want to do?
Speaker 5: And especially when it comes and when it comes to this game, there's always someone that can replace you.
Speaker 2: Name the job, Ojo, name the job that there's not somebody lied up to replace who's.
Speaker 3: Ever in currently in that job. Every time, whether you're President of the United.
Speaker 2: States, you're a senator, whatever the case may be, you're a minister at a big church. I guarantee you that people lined up to get that position. So you think, as a professional athlete for a second, take professional side, name the job. There isn't a job that there is a people lined up to replace somebody in, say a job. So if you think you will get man, you know what, bro when you're making money to do something right, ANDREI hear all the damn excuses.
Speaker 3: I'm really not don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think coach should apologize if anything. Listen, that's tough love. That's tough love.
Speaker 1: That's getting me, that's getting you ready for the next level, because the ain't gonna be in No apologies when you make mistakes like that in the real world, ain't no apologies. Hell or no, ain't no apologies. Sometimes you got one chance to mess up. Sometimes you don't have.
Speaker 5: An opportunity to miss two field goals.
Speaker 1: No, sometimes you even get you don't even get that chance. Oh you too, Okay, boom you gone.
Speaker 2: Like I said, when you grow up like we grew up, and I and I had to learn this because a lot of how you raise your kids is how your parents or grandparents raised you. And it was It's hard for me because and like Coach Prime, this is why Coach Prime is a great teacher, he says, because you can't see those kids as you, and he doesn't do that. My grandfather was not big on repeating himself. One time he said, I'm not gonna choose this food twice. I'm like, you gonna chow that food more than twice? Are you gonna choke? Try to choose some food twice and twilely and see what happened to you. But what he meant, he wasn't gonna repeat himself. And I remember a conversation he had with my grandmother and she said, Barnie, don't be don't be so hard on him.
Speaker 3: He just a little fella.
Speaker 2: I was young, old joe By, like I said, my grandfather died when I was I was in seventy seven, so I was eight years old. He died in February. I was gonna turn nine in June. And she said, Barney don't be so hard on him. He's just a little fella, he said, Mary. He says, I got he has to get what I'm telling him the first time I said, he said, Mary, we live on a farm. He's gonna be around every machinery. He's gonna be around these animals that are dangerous. He said, Mary, I might not get a second chance. I need him to understand the importance of what I'm saying right, and it really and as I got older, I understood because I see, I saw a man, mister Joe, Joe Tatum, who was the guy that we worked for. We worked for the Tatum brothers, but then they ended up splitting, splitting off, and he would always tell us he's like pee wee.
Speaker 3: Name was pee Weee.
Speaker 2: I know your guys can't believe it, but I was really small as as a young a young fellow, so they called me pee wee.
Speaker 3: My cousin, he was named his name was Sundown.
Speaker 2: That was his nickname, Sundown, because you know, he look up there to say, mister Joe, it's time to get off.
Speaker 3: The sun gone down, So they started they called him Sundown.
Speaker 2: But he would always tell us if that never come up, like like the tractor at Adam had to call what they call a PTO that powered all the equipment. He says, boys never come up to the back of the tractor like this because something bad could happened.
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna tell me something. But once something bad can happen, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, were in the field one day and I never forget dude, name of Fred, I forget fred last name.
Speaker 3: Dang.
Speaker 2: He came up there the back of the PTO equipment. He had on some fray jeans. Ah, it got caught up in that thing. You could hear it split in the jean the right next thing, you know, O Joe, all you can do. I'm looking. I'm looking at it because for me, from me to this camera, I'm looking. Next thing, I know, he got he got his foot in his hand. He took his foot off, just like that. You see guys in a grinder lose a finger.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that's why people like well, Shannon bro I just that's just the way we grew up. And it was hard for me to get out of that. And I realized, Shannon, you can't raise your kids like you were raised because it's different. It's different and it was hard for me to get out of that, and I was like, you know what. It took a while though, because their mom was like Shannon, the kids, I said, I know, they kids, and I say, I wouldn't be as hard on them. If they will stay kids forever, If they will stay between the ages of four and ten, no problem. But what happened when they get sixteen? What happens when they get twenty five. So when people's like, oh, that's oh, it's a mistake, No, no, bro, no, I ain't trying to hear all that. I'm really I'm really not, oyo, And I'm hard on me. I beat myself up when I do, like I make a mistake. And and that's the hardest thing, Ojo, because I understand we're not perfect. Nobody's perfect. All I try to do, Ojo, is I try to.
Speaker 3: I try to. I try to shoot for the stars, and even if I land on the moon, I'm still pretty high up.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 2: And that's what that's the hardest thing. And so I get what Coach Dillingham is saying, and I understand that, Like, that's why you got to be careful, Ojoe. When you're upset because you three people to tell you the truth. Kids, drunks and angry people. When the folk get mad at you, Yeah, watch how they start talking to see how they talk about you.
Speaker 5: Everything, Oh that beat?
Speaker 3: Oh so you think I'm a bee? Huh?
Speaker 5: Hey everything? Take maybe thinking every time.
Speaker 2: A drunk mind, a drunk a drunk mouth is a sober mind's thought. So whatever you say, oh Joe, when you drunk, you thought about when you were sober. Whatever you do while you drunk, you thought about it while you were sober. That's how it comes to your consciousness.
Speaker 5: See, I like that. I don't drink, but I'm gonna write that down. A drunk mind, a drunk a.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a good one. Now, A drunk man, I don't drink, but real, real, real, be motherfucking drinking. So next time she gets slicking them out, I just know, I just know. A drunk mind.
Speaker 5: Is a sober man's thoughts.
Speaker 3: H that was like, bro, so you got Oh Joe, you gotta be careful.
Speaker 2: You have to be careful because a lot of times, you know what people to do, They try to they try to disguise how they truly feeling.
Speaker 3: Jokes man, I was just you know. I'll just play it.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, look look love envy, love envy.
Speaker 3: Okay, you play it. I don't play like that. Everybody don't play the same. No, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't play with Teddy like I played with Titus. Two different situations, two different dogs. I had a dog, Oh Joe, you couldn't look him in his eyes. He would bite you. He would bite you. I would have to put him up. You couldn't come through the house running.
Speaker 3: I had a dog.
Speaker 2: I had to put him up for whatever reason. He did not like my He did not like my father. He was my stepfather. But we called him Pox. We had to put him up because the whole wild poss was sitting on the couch. All you hear, the whole wild at two dog can and Cainge called him big Daddy, Big Daddy.
Speaker 3: He'd be like.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. And when I say and he know because soon as I say big Daddy, let's go, he hop up and go because he know he.
Speaker 3: Ain't want no parts of it. You couldn't walk up on me. That's how you That's how they were. You could not walk up on me.
Speaker 2: I had a dog name. His name was Samson. We called him bowl. You couldn't hug me, a girlfriend couldn't hugg me.
Speaker 3: He would. He would bite you real, he would light their ass up. Bucket.
Speaker 2: When Bucket got ready to leave, Bucket gave me dat. I said, Bucket, you can't get You can't dapt the home boy up. He was like, man, come ask Bucket next time you see Bucket asking what Bow do if you daft hug me.
Speaker 3: Everybody don't play the same right