Speaker 1: Welcome its verdict with Ted Cruz Week in Review, Ben Ferguson with you, and these are the stories that you may have missed that we talked about this past week. First up, Republicans move for accountability on the border crisis, specifically with my Orcis. Also, the White House has one terrible message for Israel and they have continued to allow them to hang out to drive. We'll have the latest on that. And finally, how do the Democrats actually stop the impeachment inquiry into my Orcus in the Senate? Senator Cruz explains all of that. It's the Week in Review and it starts right now. There's also the fact that I think a lot of people believe, and I think you would agree with this, that there has been zero accountability for Secretary my orchis just flat out lying to Congress. This is something that he said, and I want to get your take.
Speaker 2: Adhere to the oath to which I have sworn, and I have abided by the law each and every step of the way.
Speaker 1: That's not true, is it.
Speaker 3: That's a lie. It's an absolute lie. And actually there's a whole provision of these articles of impeachment that lay out how may Orcus has repeatedly lied to Congress. Now, now, it's interesting. One of the things that the articles of impeachment also lay out is that, Okay, so the Democrats are going to take the position, this is a policy difference that that that Okay, the Biden administration just they won't quite say it, but believes it open borders. So they're going to let people go. But it's not impeachable. It's it's it's it's not an offense. What is interesting is that was not the position of the Biden Justice Department. So you had litigation in front of the court where Texas sued the Biden administration trying to get the court to say, the Biden administration is refusing to refusing to follow immigration law. And I'm going to read from the Articles of impeachment the dissenting justice in that case noted quote. The court holds that Texas lacks standing to challenge a federal policy that inflicts substantial harm on the state and its residents by releasing illegalaliens with criminal convictions for serious crimes. In order to reach that conclusion, the court holds that the only limit on the power of the president to disobey a law like the important provisions, at issue is Congress's power to employ the weapons of inner branch warfare. As the descending justice explained, quote, Congress may wield what the Solicitor General described as political tools, which presumably mean such things as impeachment and removal. Indeed, during oral arguments, the justice, who authored a majority opinion stated to the Solicitor General, quote, I think your position is instead of judicial review, Congress has to resort to shutting down the government or impeachment or dramatic steps. That is what the Biden Justice Department argued, is that impeachment is the remedy when a president a cabinet member refuses to follow the law, defies the law. The Biden Justice Department argued that in front of the US Supreme Court. And yet you know what today, the Democrats are going to say, no, impeachment's not the remedy. If you have an executive who defies the law, it doesn't matter. We're going to rubber stamp it and we're not even going to hold a trial. And by the way, every Democrat will tell the reporters there was no evidence of a high crime and misdemeanor. Now, of course they'll say there was no evidence because they're about to vote to block all the evidence, so they don't hear any evidence, so then they can say we didn't hear any evidence. And the reason they didn't hear any evidence is because they're going to refuse to hear any evidence. And why are they going to refuse to hear any evidence, Because they don't want the American people to hear the evidence.
Speaker 1: And part of what they don't want them to hear is the reality of what it's like up there on the streets. Bill Malusian did some great reporting yesterday on Fox News Channel about Elite Ice unit is tracking down migrant criminals, specifically child rapists. This is while Mayorkas stared at Congress and said the border is secure, the border is secure. He said that to Congress he was lying. Take a list of this from Fox.
Speaker 4: A short time later, I took down their final target, a Brazilian gang member also charged with child rape. Just this morning today, four accused child rapists and one MS thirteen gang member. Those are the kind of people you're going after, that's every day up here in Boston. If those are the public safety threats that we really want to get off the street. It was a great day for the teams.
Speaker 5: That's five public safety threats that are on in the community, gonna go ahead.
Speaker 3: And victimize anyone else.
Speaker 5: And I says, all of those arrests you just saw happen because local authorities ignored their detainer request to keep these guys in custody due to sanctuary policies. I says, all of those suspects will remain in federal custody until their local charges are resolved. Then Ice will seek into port every single one of them.
Speaker 1: Four alleged child rapists arrested in the morning, and they said they're doing this every day, and local law enforcement is not working with them because local municipalities have said we're sanctuary cities. So these child rapists are that should have been held by local authorities or not. And yet this administration says, no, no, no, we're following the law. Everything's fine.
Speaker 3: Every single week, the Biden administration is releasing thousands upon thousands of illegal aliens. That includes murderers, that includes rapists, that includes child molesters. Every single week we are seeing another horrific crime committed by an illegal alien released by Joe Biden and the Democrats. Week after week after week, Whether it was Laken Riley and Georgia and the horrific murder that occurred from an illegal alien that Joe Biden the Democrats released, Whether it was Jeremy Cassaris, a beautiful two year old boy and Prince George's County, Maryland, just a few miles from where I am right now in DC, murdered by Neeli galalien that Joe Biden released, Or whether it was a fifteen year old girl in Boston, Massachusetts, severely disabled who was raped by an illigal alien that not only did Biden released, he flew from Haiti to America. So we've covered on this podcast how three hundred and twenty thousand illegal immigrants were flown into America by the Biden administration. He literally imported in a child rapist who's now been arrested for raping the severely disabled fifteen year old teenager. This is happening week after week after week. This is why the Democrats don't argue on the other side. What's the counter argument of, No, it's good a two year old boy is murdered. No, it's good that we have teenage girls being raped. That there is no counter argument. So their counter argument is see no evil. Their counter argument is John Tester running from the Senate floor and hiding in the cloak room because he doesn't want to listen to what's happening. Why because he intends to vote today to say no trial, no evidence. I don't want to know. I do not care about the people dying. I'm a Democrat. I want Democrats to be in power. Ten point four million illegal immigrants meets more Democrat voters. So if people have to die for me to stay in power as a Democrat, I'm okay with that. I got to say, Look, it is difficult for me not to get really angry about this because as a Texan, I see I've looked in the eyes when you get down to the border, as I have over and over again, and you look in the eyes of these little children have been brutalized. It makes you angry that these people. Tomorrow, more children will be brutalized, Tomorrow, more women will be raped, and not a one of these Democrats cares, not a one of them will do anything to change it. And they'll tell you, oh I care, but if you cared, you would change it. And not a one one of that is willing to do that.
Speaker 1: I want to go back in time and this is my orcus in front of the White House, and then I'm going to compare it to what Schumer said last week.
Speaker 3: Do you believe that right now there is a crisis at the border?
Speaker 2: I think that the answer is no. I think there is a challenge at the border that we are managing, and we have our resources dedicated to managing it.
Speaker 1: That was Mark's first twenty twenty one Secretary of my ork Is insisting there's no crisis of the border, despite that millions of illegal immigrants coming across and literally thousands of illegal crossings per day. Then you go to last week, Chuck Schumer making it clear this is a policy now of the Democratic Party to have an open border collage.
Speaker 4: Say you're going to offer.
Speaker 5: A motion to dismiss the impeachment charges on Thursday. Are you at all concerned that if some Democrats and tough Races both for that you can come back to Falston Campaigndro.
Speaker 2: Look, we're going to try and resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Impeachment did never be used to settle policy disagreements.
Speaker 1: Leadership never be used to settle policy disagreements. This is the policy of the Democratic Party. And my archistslied to your face in March of twenty twenty one saying that there's no crisis the border, and in their mind from a policy viewpoint center, I think it's abundantly clear. Now they're on the record saying a wide open southern border and millions of illegals coming across is not a is not a crisis, it's just a policy disagreement, and it's.
Speaker 3: The policy they support. And Schumer repeated those those two lines at the press conference about four more times that said, we're going to try to get rid of us as quickly as possible, and impeachment should never be used for policy dispute. What's interesting, he didn't have a third line. He was reading those talking points. He was being very precise. He's not defending, he's not saying, hey, this is a good policy. I agree with the policy the Biden administration. I think it's great we have an open border. I think it's terrific that we're releasing murderers. I think it's terrific that we're releasing rapists. I think it's terrific we're releasing child molesters. We're releasing drunk drive. I think it's terrific that one hundred thousand people have died of drug overdose every year and we keep allowing more and more. I think it's terrific that in twenty eighteen, the Mexican drug cartels made five hundred million dollars from human trafficking. In twenty twenty two they made thirteen billion dollars. I think it's fabulous that we, the Democrats, have produced a two six hundred percent increase in the revenue for the Mexican drug cartels. The biggest friends the human traffickers have ever had in the history of humanity have been Joe Biden and Alejandro Majorcis. That is the simple reality, and none of that does Chuck Schumer say. Instead says, hey, this is just a policy dispute.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: They the other side believes in securing the border, and we want this country invaded.
Speaker 1: It is the policy of the Democratic Party. And it's sad, but we're witnessing the demise of this country, our borders and our laws at the hands of these people, and it is their America will come back.
Speaker 3: Though America will come back, are not witnessing the demise. We're witnessing the attempted demise, and I believe in this country. I think we will come back. I think millions of Americans are looking this and saying, Holy crap, this is horrific, this is inhuman, this is wrong. That's why this trial is so important is there are a lot of people that still don't know what's happening. They don't understand. If you watch CNN every day, God help you, but you have no idea because the media or propagandists. That's why this trial is important. But I think people's eyes are opening up now.
Speaker 1: If you want to hear the rest of this conversation, you can go back and listen to the full podcast from earlier this week. Now onto story number two. So you look at all of that, and then you see this that just came out from the National Security Council statement on Iranian attacks on Israel, and I'm quoting it says President Biden has been clear. Our support for Israel's security is iron The US will stand with the people of Israel and support their defense against these threats from Iran. Okay, senter, If that's true, then they have to give them what they need this week. Am I wrong?
Speaker 3: Well, if there was anything like coherence and logic, then yes. And Number one I'm going to predict right now, Chuck Schumer is going to do everything he can to block a vote on emergency military aid to Israel. I've called on it, I forced her already once. My guess is that he will put in place parliamentary tools to prevent us from using the same technique again. And I think the House, we've seen the Speaker of the House and the Majority Leader both say that they're going to vote out an emergency military aid bill this week, so we'll get another one that comes over to us. And my prediction is the Democrats won't back it. They don't want to send military aid to Israel. And part of the problem is they've got a crisis in their caucus. And their crisis is that the radicals, the teleibs and omars, they more and more represent the mainstream of the Democrat Party. And so Schumer is terrified of Michigan, Biden is terrified of Michigan. They're terrified of the radicals, and so they may put out statements, but remember this is the same Chuck Schumer that not long ago stood on the Senate floor and demanded that Israel's elected Prime minister be thrown out of office. He decided that Israel, alone, among all our allies, was not allowed to elect their leaders every other country. You know, Schumer hasn't called for the leader of Iran to step down. He hasn't called for the leader of Hamas or China, or Rushier of Venezuela or North Korea. If you're an enemy of America, nope, Chuck Schumer and the Democrats, they're giving you money. But if you're our ally, what will Schumer say? How dare you be in office? We need an appeaser.
Speaker 4: Just like us.
Speaker 1: You just mentioned I was going to go there that the Senate majority of leader said he should step down. There's been a lot of people in the media have been really attacking him, saying that he is a warmonger, that he's that he's a killer, that he should not be the president, he should not be in charge. I don't believe we're going to see any of that stop. But at least in the Middle East right now and specifically in Israel, how important is his leadership.
Speaker 3: It's extraordinarily important. I will say. I'm blessed to know Prime Minister Netanyah, who very well. I think he is a remarkable man. When he came and addressed a joint session of Congress, and that this was during the Obama administration, it was on the verge of Obama pushing through the Iran nuclear deal at the time, and this was a decade ago. Multiple Democrats boycotted the speech. They refused to listen to him speak. The Democrats hatred for Benjamin Netanyah, who is nothing new, and understand that when he was re elected Prime Minister Joe Biden made clear he was not welcome in the White House, that he would not be invited in the White House. He could not come to the White House. This is long before October seventh, This is long before the war in Gaza. They hate Natan Yaho, but understand they undermine every Israeli government. They have done so from the very first days of this administration. But net Yahoo, they have a particular loathing too, because he actually understands the gravity of the threat he is facing. He understands that when the Ayahtola says death to Israel, he's not playing around. He actually means it. When he says death to America. He's not playing around, he actually means it. And listen, I've been blessed. In twelve years in the Senate, I've met many world leaders. That's one of the most incredible parts of the jobs. You get to sit down with people that are leading our friends, leading other countries, leading our competitors. There is no world leader who is impressed me more. There's no world leader who frankly is taking my breath away more than Benjamin Netanyaho because he has a seriousness of purpose. He is the only world leader for whom I have used the adjective Churchillian. In my office in DC, I have three busts. I have a bust of Ronald Reagan, I have a bust of Churchill, and I have a bust of doctor Martin Luther King Jr. And I have those three busts because they are all men who had extraordinary vision. They faced remarkable challenges. They saw a world that was better than the world they were living in, and their vision helped bring the world to a better place with extraordinary courage and clarity. And I have to tell you, I think net and Yah who has that same courage and clarity. Now it is not my role to tell the people of Israel who their prime minister should be. So when net Yaho was prime minister, when I started in the Senate, I dealt with him because he was the leader, the elected leader of Israel. When the people of Israel elected Enough Tolly Bettett, I dealt with him. Whomever the people of Israel elect, I will deal with the elected leader. But the people of Israel re elected Benjamin Netanyah who and I respect the choice of the people of Israel. There is an arrogance in Democrat foreign policy, but also in some Republican foreign policy, that they think they can meddle in the internal politics of foreign nations and especially our friends and allies, that they can do what Chuck Schumer did, which is tell the people of Israel Tis Tisk, you have no business electing net Yah who throw him out now? And they treat them like the voters, the people of Israel like the red haired step children. It is ridiculous. It's much like. Look, there have been long debates in Washington about a two state solution, and that they're Every Democrat says we must have a two state solution. Many Republicans say we must have a two state solution. My view on that is that's a decision for the people of Israel to make. They care acutely about their security. If the people of Israel just decide that a two state solution is workable, I respect that decision. If they decide it's not because the terrorists with whom they are dealing, the Hamas and Hesbela, will not accept Israel's right to exist and will wage war on them, I respect that decision as well, and so I will say when it comes to Prime Minister net and Yahoo, it's the choice of the people of Israel that he should be their leader. I respect their choice. But at the same time, I think he is a leader who understands the seriousness of these threats and is not cowed by the aggression of Hamas or Hesbela, or Iran or anyone else. He is bound and determined to protect the people of Israel.
Speaker 1: As before, if you want to hear the rest of this conversation on this topic, you can go back and dow the podcast from earlier this week to hear the entire thing. I want to get back to the big story number three of the week you may have missed. Finally, Senator, What exactly did Democrats do yesterday on impeachment? Just so people understand how they pulled this off.
Speaker 3: Well, at one pm yesterday we convened on the Senate floor. This is pursuant to the Senate rules. When we enter impeachment. We were all sworn in, and then we all signed the oath book, one at a time. We signed the oath Book. And what is supposed to happen next is that we adopt a resolution laying out a trial schedule of how the House managers are going to present their case. But instead what happened is Chuck Schumer rose on a constitutional point of order, and a constitutional point of order as you stand and say, what is on the floor violates the constitution. And he raised a constitutional point of order and he said at Article one, the first article sent over by the House does not allege a high crime or misdemeanor. And so what happened next is we voted on whether Article one alleged a high crime or misdemeanor. High crime and misdemeanor is what you need to be able to impeach someone. Now, Article one focused on Alejandro Majorcus's defiance of federal law that that that that he he was refusing to follow explicit and clear federal law, federal law that that says that that illegal immigrants shall be detained, that that illegal immigrants with criminal conviction shall be detained and shall be deported, over and over again. Immigration law is mandatory. It says shall shall, shall shall, and he's defying it at a level it's never happened before. It's not that he's bad at his job. It's that he is utterly flouting and defiedying federal law. And that that's the first article of impeachment. And they argued, well, actually they didn't argue. They just made a motion that it's not a high crime or misdemeanor. They presented no argument, They did not give a legal argument, they did not write a brief, they did not present an argument. And I was the person who raised the lead objection to that. Now, under the impeachment rules, you can't debate on the Senate floor. You're supposed to be silent because you're jurors.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, why is that? But that makes sense because you're juror not a lawyer. I guess presenting right.
Speaker 3: Right, And so I made a motion for us to move into executive session. If we move into executive session, we throw the reporters out. We turned the TV cameras off. But then we can debate it. And I said, look, you're you're making a major legal point. You presented no argument, and what you're saying is quality is fundamentally wrong. And I'll tell you the amazing thing is the idea that refusing to follow the law, defying the law is not a high crime and misdemeanor is not impeachable. It is contrary to the original understanding the Constitution. Joseph Story, who was a Supreme Court justice, one of the leading constitutional scholars right at the very beginning of our country, and his commentaries in the Constitution are widely cited for understanding what the founding generation believed the Constitution to mean. And he talked about, he wrote at length about high crimes and misdemeanors, and he gave lots of examples, including the Lord Admiral refusing to protect the high seas, and he said, that is a high crime or misdemeanor, and that is virtually analogous, very closely analogous to the head of Homeland Security refusing to secure the border. It's the same principle of allowing lawless piracy to threat and an invade America. So Joseph's story and the founding generation understood this to be a high crime and misdemeanor. And amazingly enough, Ben the Biden Justice Department argued in front of the US Supreme Court that impeachment was the remedy for the Biden administration refusing to follow the law. So in Texas versus the United States, Texas sued the Biden administration for refusing to secure the border, and the Supreme Court ended up agreeing with the Biden administration and saying, well, Texas can't sue and the Biden doj The Solicitor General for Biden argued, look, if you have a cabinet member who's refusing to follow the law, Congress has remedies, including impeachment, and so I stood up and said listen. The Biden Department of Justice argued last year this was impeachable. It didn't matter. Every single Democrat, all of them. And by the way, Eve in the so called moderates, Joe Manchin and Cirsten Cinema, they voted also Nope, not a high crimer misdemeanor. And as a result, because they had to have a majority, the point of order carried. They got fifty one votes for it, and so the first article was thrown out, and then they did it again on the second one. And I'll tell you the second one is even more astonishing. So as a result of the first vote, it is now the position of Democrats that any cabinet member can refuse to follow the law and defy the law and utterly ignore the law, and you can't impeach him for it. I mean, that's an astonishing and dangerous proposition in Democrat looney land. But the second article of impeachment was for breach of trust, and it focused on majorcas repeatedly lying to Congress under oath about what was happening at the border. And again Chuck Schumer rose on a point of order and said, this is not a high crime or misdemeanor. Now, mind you there saying lying under oath to Congress is not impeachable. It is a felony. It is a felony that you can serve jail time for. And it's worth remembering Bill Clinton was impeached for perjury. The House impeached him and what did the Senate do? They didn't throw it out, they didn't dismiss it. The House managers presented the case, the conducted a trial, and ultimately the Senate acquitted him. But they did their duty to hold a trial. And actually before that, there's someone I'm sure you've never heard of, a guy named Walter Nixon. You know who Walter Nixon was?
Speaker 1: Who is that?
Speaker 3: Walter Nixon was a federal judge. He was a federal judge actually from Mississippi. You're an all miss grad. He was a federal judge from Mississippi. But he was not a good guy, and he was convicted of perjury before a grand jury. And you know what happened. The Congress impeached him, the House impeached him, the Senate convicted him, and he was removed as a federal judge for perjury. So even though it was clear, there was clear precedent that yes, perjury, lying under oath is a high crime or misdemeanor, it is impeachable, every single Senate Democrat voted that it's not a high crime or misdemeanor. So now apparently, again in Democrat Wonderland, lying to Congress is AOK, and understand this was not about the Constitution. They didn't care. They had no arguments as to why the Constitution said this. This was about power, and this was about protecting their political backsides because they're terrified of the American people hearing what is happening at the border, the fentanyl, the deaths, the rapes, the children being abused. They do not want that evidence before the American people. And I'll say this is a final point to wrap up. Do you want to see proof of why this is all political and why the Democrats did what they did? Yes, you know what, you know what, you know what ms you know what, MSNBC and CNN covered all day yesterday Trump twenty four seven, the Trump trial, Storey Daniels ooh smut lying processly like apparently there was no impeachment proceeding in the Senate. Nothing happened, there's no border crisis. The only thing they would cover is is the attack on Trump.
Speaker 1: As always, thank you for listening to Verdict with Center, Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you don't forget to dial with my podcast and you can listen to my podcast every other day. You're not listening to Verdict or each day when you listen to Verdict afterwards, I'd love to have you as a listener to again Ben Ferguson Podcasts, and we will see you back here on Monday morning.