Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: By from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper Vbright. You're ready, When you're ready, let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Briyan Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley Tenday and Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it is a very busy Monday here on the show. We got a lot to talk about. It is a crazy week, is it ever? All right? So here's what we got. We got a whole bunch of shows coming up, including tie Tuesday coming up, that's the Dynamite Show, and that's coming up on Tuesday, head to head with the NXT versus TNA Showdown. So both shows are going head to head. But once again they've announced the Dynamite is going two hours and thirty minutes. So if you didn't have enough wrestling, well you're gonna get Plenty tomorrow four and a half hours on Tuesday night. No Dynamite on the Wednesday. That's gonna be a Collision taping. So that at this point is what's going on. We'll give you a lineup for both shows. They've announced a lot of things. We've also got Raw coming up tonight for matches announced for the show. It is the go home show for Perth. The Crown Jewel Show, which is coming up on Saturday. This weekend is busy as we've got Crown Jewel bound for Glory and New Japan King of Pro Wrestling, which has the Cashier Versus Zach Saber match. We've got news on John Cena's final opponent. The name is out of course, things can always change, but we'll tell you about that here, as well as a new match announced for Crown Jewel which has not been announced yet but will be soon. The Rock Smashing Machine kind of flopping. We'll talk about Bronson Reid's contract and Laredo Kids contract, and Cedric Alexander's contract and Santo's Escobar's contract, and we'll just keep going. Maybe we'll have time for shows. Who knows a lot to get into back in a moment Wrestling Observer Life.
Speaker 3: Keep listending for details on how to get up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Sky Holidays introduces a one of a kind air credit program. Our buying team got a little too aggressive in getting hotel and air deals, so now we have to liquidate our prices. Here's ol whether you want to go to Paris, Las Vegas, London, Atlanta, Hawaii, or anywhere else in the world, we have amazing deals. Book is selected hotel and we'll give you up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Now you can book your vacation and get a free credit to use towards airline travel. We'll book both airline and hotel with one simple phone call. We have access to most airlines and deals. Are thousands and thousands of places to stay. Call right now, book your hotel rooms, claim your airline credit. You can change or modify it at any time. Eight hundred two five six four eight one six eight hundred two five six four eight one six. That's eight hundred two five six forty eight sixteen. Do you need to sell your home if you sold a home before, you remember how st recul and expensive it was sold. Dot Com is here to help you sell your home for the most money and with the least amount of stress. There are new ways to sell your home that you've never heard of before. Did you know there are companies who will offer you cash for your home. Did you know you could trade in your home for a new one. Did you know there are realtors who will sell your home for a flat fee instead of an expensive commission. It's true sold. Dot Com services are free, So if you're looking to sell, make this free phone call right now and learn how your next home sale can be faster and easier than you ever thought possible. Pick up your cell phone and call right now. Eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six. That's eight hundred two five one seventy eight sixteen.
Speaker 4: I am an American veteran. I am proud to have served this country. Helping veterans is something all Americans can participate in, and it's as simple as donating an old car that you have sitting around. When you call the Veteran Car Donation Program. They'll explain how their program works, and then a range of time they can come and pick up your vehicle for free. Running or not, it doesn't matter. They take cars, trucks, motorcycles, or vans. Show your support by donating your car and get a tax deduction in the process. Call the Veteran Car Donation Program right now. They'll come and pick your car up for free, and you get a tax deduction in the process. Call the number we're about to give you right now. Thank you and God bless America.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred eight eighty seven one own ninety seven, eight hundred eight eighty seven one oh ninety seven, eight hundred eight eight seven one own ninety seven. That's eight hundred eight eight seven ten ninety seven.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper pev on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Mag of the show, Bran Albert is here Wrestling Observer Alive. Filthy Tom Lawler is joining us here today. We got a lot I get into. What are you doing over there?
Speaker 5: I'm all tangled up, just like the world of professional wrestling always is.
Speaker 1: God I can't even do the opening segment. It's just like I try and then I get lost. There's just so much stuff going on, so very quickly. Raw is tonight. It's Becky Lynch versus Maxine dupri lyra versus Rock Sand What and Yeah, lyra versus Roxane, Becky versus Maxine. What's happening? Seam Punk will make an appearance in Roman Reigns kicks off the show. This is the Raw go home for Perth, which is Saturday.
Speaker 5: Okay, brother, I gotta tell you this earlier start time for Raw.
Speaker 1: It's not happening tonight.
Speaker 5: Is it on the same time or is it on even earlier?
Speaker 1: Right now, I think it's on at eight tonight. I think it's on at eight from now on, except I think there's two dates coming up. I forget the dates that are scheduled to be seven o'clock. But whatever you want to say about formulas and everything for the Raw ratings, the actual numbers that Netflix gives every week, which whether they're real or fake, I don't know. These seven o'clock shows have died, so I would not be surprised if they move it back to eight o'clock and we never see seven o'clock again, I would actually prefer it, but I think tonight is eight o'clock. So then we've got NXT versus TNA tomorrow, And as I predicted here on this program, they have added Joe Hendry as referee for the men's Survivor Series match and Jordan Grace as referee for the women's because they skate the line, you know they're unbiased. So tmnxt is really says Trick Williams, Miles Bourne and Javon against Mike Santana, Frankie Kazarian, Moose and Leon Slater. Team NXT women is j C Solruka, Jaden Lolovis versus Kalani the Inspiration, who are the new Knockouts Tag Team Champions and Mara Shade. Then we've got NXT Tag Team Champions, Dark State versus t and a Tag Team Champions of Hardy's Title for title. All belts on the line.
Speaker 5: Please Yeah, I'm never not since the nineties have I wanted the Hardies to win a match so badly.
Speaker 1: And then we've got Ethan Page against Mustafa Ali for the North American title. So that's the NXT show going head to head with title Tuesday which in fact has almost no title matches on it. That guy, by the way, mad at me on Twitter. I'm still laughing about that one. He was sure that the Brodido match was for the titles and I was wrong.
Speaker 5: Well rightfully, so he's sure I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Now I do actually for no reason.
Speaker 5: I do like the stipulation at least, but not on Title Tuesday. You could have done on any other show, right, that could have been on Collision. But Title Tuesday, you get a non title tag match.
Speaker 1: Well, are two title matches are too?
Speaker 5: Did they? They should have just done the whole the woman's tag title tournament on Title Tuesday.
Speaker 1: You know they probably could have, but and it is a two and a half hour show. You could have done the women's tag title tournament if you wanted to, but instead the two title matches. Please keep calm. We have got Mercedes Monette against a local wrestler from Florida, which I still believe is gonna be easy because that famous moment where Mercedes made easy cry was apparently ten years prior to the day to the day, and Tony likes those anniversary I don't know for sure, but the other massive title match, get your bets in now Kyle Fletcher will be defending the T and T title against Kyle O'Reilly. We've also got Orange Cassidy I swear to god. We got Orange Cassie versus Pak, which is not for a title. We got The Demand versus the Hurt Syndicate in a street fight, which is not for a title. We have John Moxley and a Shee, which should be frickin' awesome, but it's not for a title. We have Jurassic Express and Action, not for a title. We have Samoa chon Hangman Page face to Face, which will be for a title on a different date. And we have Broddo versus Ocada and Takeshta, not in a title match. However, it is a double Jeopardy match, so if either Okada or Takeshta gets pinned, I guess Ocad has to defend his titles against whoever did it, and if Ocata and Takeshta win, they will get a tag title shot. Not on title Tuesday. Guys, got all that all right, because I'm totally lost, And then we got Collision. This is on Wednesday taped, but we'll not air Wednesday, will air this weekend because what they really need to do is air the show this weekend. Coda Boushie versus Josh Alexander, Max Cats and Anthony Bowenes versus Big Bill and Brian Keith. God Help Me, Eddie Kingston versus Morta's Chris Statlander, Tony Storm and Harley versus The Triangle of Madness FTR and Megan Bain versus Jet Speed and Willow Nightingale and ty j in Action. If anybody can explain to me a logical reason why this a collision homecoming show doesn't just air on Wednesday, I would love to hear it.
Speaker 5: It's preempted by the NHL.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, that's why. Oh that's right, that's why you got me. Not Thursday. Then this show is going to die this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Mmmm well, then we got the go home show for Bound for Glory on Thursday. Joe Hendry, Eric Young, nod Q, Most of All Le versus j d C, Matt Cardono versus Ryan Namath, Trick Williams appears, and Leon Slater appears SmackDown as Sammy z Ain's Open Challenge the best thing on any show. Damian Priestylist for Black Last man.
Speaker 5: Start, Oh, you'll change your mind once there's a EO and Oscar segment tonight, and that's spot That'll be the best thing on any show.
Speaker 1: Just hold on. I said that was the best storyline.
Speaker 5: That's fine. You just said the best thing a second ago.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, this is I.
Speaker 5: I woke up and I had to read that Sammy z Ain. You guys are saying Sammy's Ain's having the best match on every show, not when he Sky's wrestling baby.
Speaker 1: I said, his entire career, he's always had the best match on every show, and Sky is on a different show. So in fact, I'm now anyway, then back down, we got the Sammy's and Joe Gacy and Dexter Loomis against montes Ford and Angelo Dawkins for the tag titles. That better be a title change. This has run split up, This has run its score. They just split up Mizz and Mellow Dude. They can't do two straight weeks to split up.
Speaker 5: Oh they can't.
Speaker 1: No, I think they're teasing a split up and they're actually gonna win the titles.
Speaker 5: Didn't they just do that over the summer.
Speaker 1: I think they did.
Speaker 5: I think they lost them.
Speaker 1: I think they.
Speaker 5: Did in the ladder match, didn't they I think? So, Oh my god, they're just gonna run it back, run back.
Speaker 1: I guess you could break up two straight teams on two straight weekends, Wyatt, that's the one that should Well. I don't know what are they gonna do separately?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you know I would like to see Uncle Howdy and the Vintner.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they titles Julian Keana versus Tiffany Stratton and Stephanie Vicaer also on the show. So for Crown Jewel, we have some breaking news here. We have got Cody and Seth for the Men's Jewel title. We have Tiffany and Stephanie for the Women's Crown Jewel title. John Cena versus aj Styles, Rhea Ripley and eoversus the Kabuki Warriors. And it has not been announced, but Bronson Reid will not be facing Randy Orton after pinning him on SmackDown. It appears that it will be Bronson Reid versus Roman Reigns by far the biggest match of Bronson's career, and it's in Perth, so awesome. Yeah, you know, I don't remember exactly what it was, but do you remember when Bronson.
Speaker 5: Something happened killed me during the g one Yeah did he Yeah, he had barricade.
Speaker 1: He had a really really big match that was going to be taking place on a show in Perth, and I can't remember what happened broke his foot? No, I don't think it was when he got hurt. I think something happened to the other guy, and so like the match was never announced, but like I think that they were gonna do it, and then so anyway, he had this big match and like it got didn't end up taking place. So I think this is kind of like sort of a make good for him, is what I feel. I don't know that for sure, but something something definitely happened with Perth last time and then bound for Glory Trick and Mike Santana for the TNA title title change everybody, I don't care what y'all think. Hardy's versus Team three D in a tables match?
Speaker 5: Oh, is that gonna be? For both titles? Are gonna get Bully Ray as ed XT champion?
Speaker 1: Could happen Kilani against Indy Hartwell knockouts title, Leon Slater Javon Evans for the X Division title, Frankie and Steve Macklin for the International title, a hardcore war Call Your Shot Gauntlet match, and Tessa Blanchard She's back against gam Miller. We got so much more after the break Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper beebe on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: I didn't even get through the whole weekend. I took an entire segment. We didn't even get through the whole weekend, and we didn't even do like a lot of predictions. I do predict Kyle beats Kyle. That's my prediction. We also had a King of Pro Wrestling.
Speaker 5: On Horrendous Segue.
Speaker 1: October thirteenth, one of the one of the worst. Brother I don't got time to banter. We got too much news. Zach Saber Junior Takeshta for the world title. Who you thinks will winning that one? Yeah, you're right? Gabe Kid and Yoda Suji for the Global title. This is a Title Tuesday, except just on Sunday or Monday. Yudo Ice an Oscar against Shota Umino.
Speaker 5: And Big Up. Let's get high, brothers.
Speaker 1: You shut up? Bolton oleg against Evil you realize that. I think at this point every last single solitary human on earth refers to him as Bolton Oleg except Dave, who at this point he's all in. This is like Coco, where he will write Oleg Bolton until the day he dies. Fantasmo against Tanahashi, go to Yoshiyashi and Yo versus Ryo hey Uwa, Hartley Jackson and kose Fejeta Drill Malonian is not a note EQ no count out and Shingo Horomu and Titan against David Finley, Taijishimori and Clark Conners. That's the week. That's the week, everybody.
Speaker 5: That sounds like one heck of a wrestling show.
Speaker 1: You guys ready to start watching some wrestling?
Speaker 5: Oh? Speaking of which, a little bit of news on the New Japan front, which we might as well get to right now. But your main man, Dookie defeated Desperado.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did for the with a bunch of interference and crap I.
Speaker 5: Hear coming from the House of Torture, who, by the way, I love big fan of the House of Torture. I wish that they'd take my application a little bit more seriously and went off to talk to my boy, you Jiro the Tokyo pimp. See if you can hook it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got some more breaking news here from the front page of Wrestling Observer dot com subscriber exclusive. But it's out now so you'll all know the you know who the final opponent for Johnson is. Have you looked yet?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Gunther has been chosen as a final opponent for John Cena December thirteenth, Washington DC. Multiple sources over the last two days have confirmed the name. Ww internal listing for the Saturday night main event at this point lists that as the only match on the show. Two sources of confirmed the latest plan is for a tournament to be an an Else, possibly on the air by Paulovec, with two wrestlers vying to be seen as last appointment top wrestlers. Multiple have confirmed. However, however, it reaches a conclusion Gunther was the person chosen for the match.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean it follows a pretty you know set and tried, a true pattern of the big baby face and especially in this case, John Cena representing the USA in Washington, d C against the foreign monster the ring general.
Speaker 1: Not only that, but like if I'm John Cena and I got one match left, and I want it to be a good one. I'm working John Cena Babyface against Gunther. I don't know if it's gonna be as good as that was it the Cody match at Summer Slam. That was like he just totally turned it around.
Speaker 5: But I mean, no, there was a I think the previous pay per view match that he had had before that one was pretty good too, but I don't remember exactly what it was.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens, but I'm quite bullish on that particular match right there. You know, this actually has nothing to do with the wrestling, but I should ask you about it because you're a former UFC star. I won't say superstar, But so, remember, how wasn't it the White House UFC show was going to be on July fourth?
Speaker 5: I believe that was the plan.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, and granted, you know this is not political, but I think that even his biggest supporters would admit that sometimes Donald Trump says things that might not be true. He did a speech and he said it's gonna be June fourteenth, which is his birthday. Is he making that up? Well?
Speaker 5: No, I mean I believe there's gonna be a big celebration for what would it be the by centennial. I don't know what you'd call it, the two hundred and fiftieth year of the United States as a country. And maybe it's taking place all summer.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, but he said the UFC, maybe.
Speaker 5: They're gonna they're gonna hold an event for each day that the different states were looking to ratify their state constitutions.
Speaker 1: Who knows, well, he said on June fourteenth, next year, we're gonna have a big UFC fight at the White House on the grounds of the White House. That's what he said. So we'll see. Nothing's been officially announced by UFC, but it appeared that the date was July fourth Now.
Speaker 5: Yea, Trump says. Trump says, June fourteenth.
Speaker 1: Yes he does.
Speaker 5: Connor McGregor claimed that he was on the show. He said, it's a peculiar one, this one. I'm doing the negotiations for the country of Ireland along with the USA.
Speaker 1: What in God's name accent was that?
Speaker 5: Was that? Blimey God?
Speaker 1: That was horrible, horrible smashing machine. Have you seen it?
Speaker 5: I have seen the original documentary.
Speaker 1: So you didn't see the new one either, unlike any like everyone No.
Speaker 5: You want to know why, because I was busy, Yeah, just like everybody else was this week, I'm doing something else. I was busy doing commentary for MLW Saturday night at MLW slaughter House.
Speaker 1: I think they should have released the movie on like a Tuesday. I think this whole weekend thing, there's just too much competition.
Speaker 5: Came out on Thursday. The show a movie, which may be another unfamiliar day to you.
Speaker 1: It might be an unfamiliar day. I don't know much about Thursdays. Six million dollars on opening weekend. It costs fifty million to make it. The first week is always biggest. It's basically doing what the Von Eric movie did. And this is with the rock starring in this film. And it wasn't like it was a small open three three and forty five venues. It did six million dollars. It had been predicted to do up to fifteen million, and it's lower. It's the lowest, the lowest open for a rock movie ever. It even it even beat as in, it did worse than Faster, which did eight point five million, which was not adjusted for inflation, so it did much worse than that. Movie, so, uh, seventy four percent on Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 5: He got smashed by the machine that is Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the box office thirty million dollars.
Speaker 5: Back in the day, Heath Herring buried kicks and then ground and pound into poor Mark Kerr.
Speaker 1: That one battle after another that was talking about did eleven million. So maybe they just got all murdered by Taylor Swift and they'll all do better next weekend. I guess we'll see. But you know, it's funny because like all of the critics are raving about this movie, and they're raving about like the Rocks performance. But what I've heard from people that like saw the original and you know, followed MMA and and know everything about this whole thing, they're not as impressed. So I guess we'll have to check it out.
Speaker 5: And I mean, from what I understand, it's word for word pretty much seen for seeing from the original documentary. But hey, I was told it's good. I was told I need to go see it, and that's by somebody who has very similar interest to me in the game of professional wrestling, who I will not name.
Speaker 1: Who would that be.
Speaker 5: On I just told you, I'm not gonna say who it was.
Speaker 1: You're legitiate?
Speaker 5: Legitiot? Is that what you called me? That's a pretty good term.
Speaker 1: You heard me. That's a legit idiot? Yeah, thank you, legiti How is Bailey not stolen that yet?
Speaker 5: Bailey?
Speaker 1: I give you permission, but I want if you put on a shirt, I do want a cut of a legitiot. All right, what else do we have here? Laredo Kid, we got a lot of contract notes. Laredo Kid is no longer with TNA Wrestling.
Speaker 5: He's grown up.
Speaker 1: I guess finally now he's still a kid, but he's moved on. That's what kids do.
Speaker 5: I thought, No, wasn't he just Laredo?
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, well it's weird. I think for a while in TNA he was just Laredo, but then when he went anywhere else, he was Laredo Kid.
Speaker 5: But whatever is he even from Laredo?
Speaker 1: I don't know. You can look it up on Wikipedia. Cedric Alexander, who I thought just signed deals already up Apparently he signed a short term deal. He debuted June twentieth, and I guess he must have just signed a three month deal or whatever. So I don't know. Maybe he will end up in the Hurt syndicate. Who knows, but his deal is up. And then Santos Escobar is negotiating, but we are told things I don't necessarily look promising, so he may be gone.
Speaker 5: Maybe Connor McGregor is doing the negotiations for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess word came out that Bronson Reid re signed, which that's news. That guy would be a maniac to go anywhere else. He's one half of the top heel group on Raw and getting pushed hard, so obviously he's sticking around.
Speaker 5: They should play up him being like one of the only people to pin Okada over the past five years ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we got to talk about Mercedes. I didn't realize this until Lance brought it up because I've said many times, like, you know, people comparing this to Ultimo Dragon. It's like most people can't even name probably nine of the belts she has right now, maybe eight, because I guess she has nine. But are you do you know what belt she has?
Speaker 5: The TBS title, Yeah, Rev Pro Woman's title, which was combined with the EVE Women's title. Is that right?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Anyway, She's got the AWTBS title, the cmll I guess I'll do after the break. You guys think during the break if you can name all nine of her titles back in the moment it were light.
Speaker 6: Do you have Medicare and do you use a SEPAP machine? This is a National Healthcare alert regarding your SEAPAP supplies. Using a clean sepap mask and clean supplies is important to staying healthy. The best way to make sure your CEPAP equipment is clean is to get new supplies. If you have Medicare, we have great news. Medicare will pay for you to have new clean supplies every ninety days. We'll even do all the paperwork for you to make sure that there's little to no out of pocket cost to you, and you don't even have to leave your home. We provide free in home delivery. So if you're a SEATPAP user and you have Medicare, staying healthy with new SEATPAP equipment is easy. Just make this free phone call right now to get started.
Speaker 3: Sponsored Vice Specialty Medical eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine, eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine. That's eight hundred nine one three ninety seven thirty nine.
Speaker 7: This is a true sad story for ADT, the leader in home security systems. My favorite dog, Oliver, was stolen from our garage recently. If I had a camera system installed in my home from ADT, I would have known ex exactly what car possibly pulled up in my driveway and stole my little friend. If I had a security system from ADT, my dog would still be here. I called ADT this weekend and they're coming out in a few days to install a camera and a new security system. Unfortunately, it's a little too late for me. Listen, protect everyone you love in your family. Call ADT now, have them come out and give you a quote to install a full security system in your home. Don't let it be too late for you. Call right now.
Speaker 3: Paid for by the Home Security Hotline. Eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three sixty one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four ninety one. That's eight hundred three six one thirty four ninety one.
Speaker 8: Special alert for consumers struggling to pay taxes. There are new tax regulations not published yet. We have the inside track on your new tax savings. These programs are designed help struggling taxpayers like you. The COVID release programs are gone, but there are new programs to help struggling taxpayers, and we have the inside track. Call now and we'll take you through these new programs. These taxpayers savings programs have never been available until now. Get out of tax trouble now. It doesn't take weeks. It can happen in one phone call. Call now and get the inside track to get rid of your tax problems.
Speaker 3: Call the Tax Helpline now. Eight hundred nine four nine ohoh three nine eight hundred nine four nine ooh three nine eight hundred nine four nine ohoh three nine. That's eight hundred nine four nine zero zero thirty nine.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Life with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, anyway, these are the bells. She has TBS title, CMLL Women's Title rev Pro Undisputed title, which by the way, was not the EVE title. Has nothing to do with that right now, apparently, accordingy to the chat EWA women's title in Austria, the PTW Women's title from Poland, the best YAH women's title from Italy, the Queen of Southside title, that's the one that was merged with the Rev Pro title and the Discovery Wrestling Scottish Women's title. Okay, so that's here's what's funny, dude, she wants ten. Okay. I just rattled off eight. Okay, but of those eight, one of them is actually only one title. The Rev Pro and the Queen of Southside is one title. But she's counting that she's carrying both belts, so she's not at nine. She's at eight, like if we're really counting. And then on top of that, she's counting the Owen Heart title. That's not even a title that's defended. That's a trophy, so that shouldn't count. So really, instead of being at nine, she's actually at seven because the Owen shouldn't count as a title. It's a trophy you won, you don't defend it.
Speaker 5: Brian, Yes, how many of the Ultimo Dragons titles could you name?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Now, none even then, but but back then there were so many fewer titles back then that these were actually far more prestigious titles. Thank this title, it's not even a title with another title.
Speaker 5: I w GP Junior Heavyweight title, a World Junior Heavyweight title, cool War International Junior Heavyweight title. War was big, dude, British Commonwealth Junior Title big, the British Commonwealth WWF Light Heavyweight title, which was an afterthought, never defended, UWA World Junior light Heavyweight, World Junior light Heavyweight Title, NWA World Walter White title.
Speaker 1: These are all much bigger than the Poland's women's title. I realize your wife is Polish. That doesn't matter. That doesn't make this belt meaningful. Tom.
Speaker 5: There's some of the strongest fighters in all the world. They had the UFC champion for years. You want a young j check coming out of that country. You're gonna say they don't have great competitors.
Speaker 1: I didn't say that now, sorry.
Speaker 5: That they're not fighting spirit like Mexico.
Speaker 1: Buddy, WHOA where are we going?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: That's not right?
Speaker 5: You're going down?
Speaker 1: How about this? Can you name everyone in the TNA Hall of Fame didn't think so.
Speaker 5: I can give it a shot, go for it and fail.
Speaker 1: Gail Kim Nope, actually she is. Sorry, Mickey James, She's gonna go in this year.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna start off with the ones that are calling out Dave Meltzer. We also have Sting Yeah, aj Styles, Nope, no Christian the Dudleys.
Speaker 1: I thought Christian was in. Didn't they do that weird thing where Christian showed up and looked like he was But I don't see him on the list. Team three d's there? What the heck? Kiss the story with Christian? The announcer, Gosh, Mike Tnay and Don West.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Don West, I'm sorry, that's what I was looking for. Uh and uh, I don't know Elix Skipper.
Speaker 1: All right, we got Sting, Kurt Angle, Team three D, Jeff Jared and Earl Hebner, Gail kim Abyss, Ken Shamrock, Awesome Kong Raven, Mike Tnay and Don Webb, Tracy Brooks, Rhino, Bob Ryder. In this year, Mickey James and the Beautiful People are going in. What happened with Christian? Remember when they borrowed him or something?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it was the other way around. Maybe he was in TNA and wwe borrowed him. I need to I need to look this up. I can't remember, all right, anything else. Before we get to the TV, what did you think of SmackDown and collision this weekend.
Speaker 5: I enjoyed SmackDown.
Speaker 1: SMACKDA was good.
Speaker 5: I thought it was good. Are we gonna do a full review or yeah, I go for it. Okay. We started off with Cody Rhodes, the undisputed champion, coming out in front of the Cincinnati crowd. He was immediately interrupted by one Oracle, the Paul Hayman, flanked by Bronson and Bron Randy Orton appeared to back up Cody. Hayman tried to stir dissent between those two, said that it's a prophecy that the two of them cannot last together and dropped the mic and left backstage. We had the Miz approached Carmelo about letting him get pinned by the Street Profits last week. Mello was adamant that this team has done, but Miz still still try to hold on to the youngster. This led to Sammy z Ain's open challenge, where Caamelo Hayes came out to answer it, but he was attacked by the Miz. Alistair Black then came out took the opportunity for himself, leveled Zane with lots of kicks and knees left of control for the early portion of the match. Zaye sent Black to the floor, hit a great Osagi moonsalt, but Black back of control with the German souplex. Sammy missed the Halluva kick. Black hit a great Mediora off the top for two set up for the Black Mass, but Damian Priest walked through the crowd got near the corner. This distracted Alistair Black long enough for Sammy's ain to land a Halluva kick and the Blue thunder Bomb to get the win. Then Damian Priest yanked Alister Black from the ring launched him through the announced table with a razor's edge, and I thought Black looked great here, pretty solid, fundamental, simple, effective kicks and knees with his offense, and thought it was a damn good match. Later on, Damian Priest challenged him to it. He's good, But.
Speaker 1: Sammy Zane, this guy's incredible, absolutely incredible. If they keep this title on this guy, people are gonna look back on this one like that John cena Us Title Open challenge, because this guy's having way better matches. Although the Johnsena matches were pretty good, but holy smokes, this guy's great.
Speaker 5: This dude, he is gonna get annihilated. By Oba Feme. That's your prediction, that's my prediction. But until then, I think we should see some awesome matches out of him.
Speaker 1: There has to be somebody who has a finish which is a counter to the Blue Thunderbomb, because he's changed his finish to the Blue Thunderbomb, and he didn't do it first like sometimes people change their finish because they can't do their old finish. He still does the kick in the corner, but his new finish is the Blue Thunderbomb. And this guy's no idiot. There's like a method to this badness. And I'm trying to figure out how is this playing in him losing the title because it has to it's got to be a counter to the Blue Thunderbomb.
Speaker 5: He ain't picking up Omi for it, so that's what I is your counter right there. Zaria and sol Ruka were approached to be part of the Secret Hervist. Instead, Nick Alvis made a tag match between the Secret Hervists and Zarruka, which Zaruka won. After Chelsea went for the un prettier, she was pushed into the corner instead soul hit the soul Snatcher picked up the wind. This is a attempt to heat them up so they can face the Charlotte and Alexa for the titles. Charlotte and Alexa were backstage with Kathy Kelly after the match. They said they were impressed. Charlotte tried to get Alexa to woo, but she wouldn't do it, and Kathy Kelly did it instead. I liked it. Nick Alvis moderated a contract signing between Tiffany Stratton and Stephanie vaquier ahead of their match at Crown Jewel and Perth this weekend. On one end, you had Tiffany speaking exactly how we would imagine a robot in WWE coming out and cutting a promo, and then you had the exact opposite with Stephanie vakaierr barely being able to speak English, which you would never see on WWE television even years ago. They were cordial with each other despite being competitive. However, Tiffany went to leave Julia and Kiata James attacked her. They beat her up and left her laying. I thought it was pretty funny that Stephanie just stood there in the middle of the ring, so yeah, I guess I'll let this happen. Then Kana offered her services to Stephanie as she and the crowd were ambivalent at best. Then Tiffany made a quick comeback and they cleared the.
Speaker 1: Ring that Tiffany promo dude sucked. My God speaks fluent English and it is significantly worse promo than the woman who speaks virtually no English, just mechanical.
Speaker 5: Whatever she did, whatever she could have come up with on her own, I guarantee would have come off better than Yes promo did. Yes, this was paint by the numbers WW Championship promo speak. We then add this is for you, buddy. This is a Brian Alvarez segment, Ray Finnix and Javon Evans taking on. I believe it's Los Garza, but Michael Cole can't get it right, so I'm not sure I'm gonna be bothered to either. I'm not sure if it's Garza Garzaz. They're awesome regardless. Both teams are awesome. Both teams showed off with dive sequences at the beginning, ending with a big taker dive from Javon before we had some advertisements paid for by the following Then they got the heat on Evans and I've noticed they did this in the main event too, But they get double heat in like every tag match. Now have you noticed that, Brian, but a switch in the way that the matches are worked.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean sometimes no, I mean yes.
Speaker 5: The past month or two.
Speaker 1: Every in the cases we do the double heat, although we did have a match on this show where we didn't even know comeback. So I like that they.
Speaker 5: Got the heat on. Evans did what I've noticed now I'm just reading like I'm a robot.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: Javon got a hot tag. He looked great, flying everywhere. A blind tag from Phoenix led to a kickoff the ropes from him, followed by Javon leaping over him connecting with an og cutter, and then Phoenix sealed the deal with the Mexican muscle buster. Oh yeah. And then we had Bronton and Bron take on Cody Roads and Randy Orton in the main event. Really enjoyed this match too. I like watching Bron get in there and work with some of the veterans like Cody and Orton, see what he can do. See him kind of learning on the fly, and he looks damn good doing it. They did another double heat segment. As I mentioned here, Randy was backdropped on the announced table. Then they beat up Cody. Eventually Bron left off the Apron crashed through the barricade with Cody, which was awesome. Randy draping DDT Bronson. Paul Hayman climbed to the top rope. He was gonna come off with a tsunami, I guess to take out Randy, but this distracted the ref long enough for Seth Rollins to run in give Randy Orton a stomp, setting up Bronson Reid landing the tsunami getting the big pinfall over the viper a huge win for Bronson, Reid and afterwards, much to the dismay of Paul Hayman, Seth Rolins showed complete disregard to Hayman's advice. Hayman's telling him, whatever you're thinking, don't go back to that ring, don't do it. Rollins pushes him aside run back in to stomp Cody legitiate, but he's met with a crossroads and Hayman's holding back Bronson and Bron as Cody stands tall to end the show.
Speaker 1: Got to learn a lesson sometime. I thought that was a very good show. This this SmackDown, Remember for a while, it was just like absolutely atrocious.
Speaker 5: The past couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: It's been better, and it was significantly better than Collision, which I was thinking about this because Lance subbed for Vinnie last night and you know, he kinda he made a comment and he was right, and that is that it just feels like you're watching a house show. It feels like there is a there's a major aw show every Wednesday Tuesday this week, and then over the weekend they run a house show and we all get to watch it if we choose to. That's what Collision feels like. It's it's I mean, there's never like any big time angles. It's always a C show at best, show us to love.
Speaker 5: You know what show I used to love watching when I was younger, What's that WCW Saturday Night And was much in the same vein as that you're watching a three hour house show. But hey, everybody's tasted a little bit different, aren't they.
Speaker 1: Brian, You know, Tom, they really are back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Albarez and Mike simpervv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: And the show Brian Albert is here wrestling Observer Live. Mike's not Mike simple vv guilty Tom. Is this really the anniversary of the death of Grullaman's Soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: On this day in nineteen ninety nine, Robert James Gino Morilla passed away heart failure due to diabetes at the age of sixty two.
Speaker 1: You know my two Yeah, I know my memories of Gorilla, it's always kind of been like up and down, you know what I mean, Because I remember when I was a kid, I watched Gorilla and Bobby and I was always massively entertained. And then you know, I got a little older, and then you start reading The Observer and there's a lot of criticism for Gorilla because of the way he called the action. And then you know, you're kind of like, you know, he's not wrong. He did always do that. And then like I rewatched some of the stuff and it's like you rewatch it and some days, some days it's like what is this guy saying? Like goll ye, the guy might submit like make me believe or whatever, But then other day you just watching it's like, nah, he was a perfect Grulla Monsoon. He was just perfect in his role. So I go up and down depending on the show I watch.
Speaker 5: Very similar to your feelings on Booker T.
Speaker 1: Kind of, I'm more positive than negative on Booker. I think it's more about it's more like Vic. I'm very up and down on is very over the top. He is over the top, but I think that, but.
Speaker 5: You know, I think he's been great on SmackDown.
Speaker 1: I Hey, you know what's funny. I I enjoy Booker T. And I know people that absolutely think this guy is the dirt worst. So it's a I don't know, you'd probably think we're the dirt worst too, But anyway, we're out of everybody. I'll be back tonight with Dave Tomorrow year on this show with Lance. We got a lot coming up. Everybody's gonna be a very busy week, So sign up at Wrestlingobserver dot com, Apple podcast, YouTuber, Spotify. We'll talk to you next time Rustling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network