Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: He everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast, one of them productions iHeart Radio. I'm joined by my intrepid crew, Danielle Romo, tarrasud Amy, Sugarman.
Speaker 1: What do we think of this episode? This is uh? This is season five episode? Was it three three or four three three?
Speaker 4: Yeah? You mean the best episode of the whole.
Speaker 3: I will say. I will say this now. I get the whole mad Zuker thing. I get it now. Okay, that is like a shining star who who hit our atmosphere at hyper speed. Yes, and just kind of he just blew me away. I mean you don't even notice anybody else when he's in the scene.
Speaker 4: I agree, he's a straight dream boat.
Speaker 5: We can talk about it eventually when we get there. But I disagree.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, we've got some controversy. Ladies and gentlemen. All right, Danielle, give us, give synopsize us, and prepare us for this this this little We're gonna have some fisticuffs here. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 4: We are we are There will be some parts, all right.
Speaker 5: So this is season five episode three Written in the Stars Air day October fifth, two thousand and four, Lorelai and Luke have their first official date, and Lorlai spends the night at least after romantic dinner. Her appearance at the diner wearing his shirt the next morning initially goes unnoticed by the people in the town. Richard and Emily bicker about their separation protocol. Paris reveals Asher has passed away and is handling his affairs and funeral arrangements, and Rory reunites with old friends after returning to you.
Speaker 4: Oh and a new one, and they have first note in the previously on when they reshow. I think we talked about it when she said it the first time, But when she says, Mary, you're such a prude, it's like, so call back to the merry thing that happened at Chilton. It's just like, I don't know, I always notice it.
Speaker 6: Also, this is a big episode for this podcast.
Speaker 5: I know that I exactly what we named the podcast.
Speaker 4: Wait, Scott, what did you think of this episode? Most important?
Speaker 1: Overall?
Speaker 3: My overall sense of it was that this is a very polished, very kind of perfect Yeah, everybody, you know, it seems like everybody's really at the height of their powers at this point. Yes, with the acting and the directing and the lighting and the editing and the music. I mean, it's all just come together, all those different departments, because the wardrobe everything, there's so many different departments, so many people can contributing and it's all just gelling and it's it's.
Speaker 1: Really it feels like a very mature show.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: It feels like all the kinks are out and it's just kind of glorious. It's like, look at that beauty sail Look at that beautiful sailboat just going through the water.
Speaker 1: I mean, who.
Speaker 4: Wrote this one?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Amy, Amy, It is so funny.
Speaker 1: And Kenny Ortega directed episode.
Speaker 4: The This is why I love it so much. It is so funny. This episode. It is just so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he knows where to put a camera.
Speaker 4: And I kind of think Lauren steals the episode, like she's so amazing in it throughout.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, it was it was something. So that's that's my sense.
Speaker 4: And do you buy chance? Remember if you did like a lot of exercising before this episode.
Speaker 5: Who laid off on some cheeseburgers substitutes?
Speaker 4: The fes have to be like bull shirtless.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I don't I don't bother with that. I just grind. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care about that.
Speaker 4: You know, is that weird to watch yourself in those scenes?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was a little strange.
Speaker 2: Ha ha.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to get to Wait, do you actually have a tattoo? Or was that for the show?
Speaker 1: I have to I have to actually yeah, oh.
Speaker 5: I know, learning so much about Scott every single day, I.
Speaker 1: Forgot that I was quite exposed in this episode. And now I'm talking to you.
Speaker 5: Guys, we're all none of us are looking at the screen. We're all just.
Speaker 6: It was weird watching knowing that I'm going to talk to you today. I'm sorry, Scott, I started me to look.
Speaker 1: I know, it's like and it was. There were even some parts of it where it's like, whoa look out for that sheet that's going a little too low there.
Speaker 5: Yes, you know what I mean, she was going a little low.
Speaker 1: It's like it was starting to get dicey a little bit there. But yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: Did we go from the beginning, Because first we get to the poolhouse where Richard lives and he's got his valet, who she calls Jeeves, which is just like, oh god, first of all, the rich fanciness is so amazing that her maid is talking to his valet.
Speaker 3: Anyway, you can't really tell. I couldn't really tell initially that it was a poolhouse. I was saying, like, where I thought Richard moved down the house, and then I said, alway's in the poolhouse.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: I was like, who has a pool Like? It took me a second.
Speaker 4: Also, a lot of people would call that a guest house. Yeah, like it's a house.
Speaker 5: It's not like a banna like there's there's fancy furniture.
Speaker 6: I think it's because Lorela and Rory were like, oh, the last time we were in here was like literally when I pushed you in the pool. So I don't think they use it besides, like summer maybe right, it's.
Speaker 4: Where you change they're so rich. It's where you like change your clothes when you're down at the pool from the big mansion.
Speaker 6: Seven steps from the maiden, so rare.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did think it was very funny though, the whole bit about like, well, what did you already tell your grandfather you need to not give him all the good talking. You need to repeat everything you said to him to me.
Speaker 1: They're all talking. By the time they got to they were all talked out.
Speaker 4: I'll live in that poolhouse, by the way.
Speaker 3: I like how they're handling so so you know, one thing I do want to say, I think this is the kind of an episode, and this is the kind of a show now that I think fans were hoping that it would become m because I think a lot of TV shows fail to do this well, to give the their audience, their dedicated audience who for a couple of years have been so invested, and then they give them something that is like a disappointment.
Speaker 1: This is not a disappointment.
Speaker 3: This is like they're they're happy about Luke and Laurel, and they're happy about new things happening with Rory. They're happy. Well, I don't know if they're terribly happy about Richard and Emiley being broken up, but at least they figured out a way to keep them together on the same property, so we can still have the joy of the both of.
Speaker 4: Them, him walking in going to the study.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna get some lighter moments with them, and then we see the Iceberg kind of melting appointment.
Speaker 1: So there's still comedy. They're still gleaning the comedy out of that. Yeah, and it and it.
Speaker 3: Appears the iceberg's melting a little bit. Now I see a path back to Emily and Richard getting back together, which is good news, hope.
Speaker 1: So but but.
Speaker 3: I think this is the show that everybody hoped that it would be. It lived up to its potential.
Speaker 4: In other words, well, how many shows can you think of? We're season five is the best ever?
Speaker 1: Right, it's still building, right, it's still.
Speaker 3: Developing, it's still and it's really it's it's very satisfying to watch, very very very satisy.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so let's uh, let's keep going here.
Speaker 4: So what did you think when we learned that Richard and Emily once went skinny dipping and she wore an overcoat, but still she went skinny dipping.
Speaker 1: Well he's a Yale man, right, So yeah, don't they They do that kind of thing, and you know, they get it's very cold out and they go skinny dipping or it's very warm out.
Speaker 4: How about the debate.
Speaker 1: But that was a thing back in the day because I because I used to do Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think they don't call a skinny dipping right, what are they called? What do you kids call it?
Speaker 1: Tara?
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was thinking, I'm like, did, I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is there another word for it?
Speaker 1: Do you guys did Tara?
Speaker 5: Did?
Speaker 1: Did? When you were going to high school? Did people streak? You know what streaking is?
Speaker 4: That's kind of over?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know. No one would streak.
Speaker 4: That was a big trend for a hot minute.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't need to streak anymore because there's enough psychos out there running around naked anyway, right, so it's like you see him daily.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's not even called streaking because they're just living.
Speaker 1: There's the guy down the street.
Speaker 4: Wait, what did you guys think? This made me laugh so much of the debate of the word potty.
Speaker 6: Oh, it made me think of you, Amy, because you say potty.
Speaker 4: I know. I think it's because I have so many nieces that we say the word potty is so much.
Speaker 6: Do you I never said potty? Is kid? I think I always said bathroom? Like, thinking back, my parents did too.
Speaker 4: What do you teach your kid Scott? Did he did he say potty or bathroom when he was little five?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: I think yeah, it starts out as potty and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's so Loreli to hate potty though.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and also like just because Rory grew up around all the adults, it's like she never had to speak to Rory.
Speaker 4: And like then we get literally what I thought was one of the funniest scenes lower LII trying to flirt with Luke while Luke is like doing his job and being so cool, and then he goes nods start to come over. Those jeans are really working for you, they're working for me. Like Luke's got game? He yeah, yes, oh he's got Massive Game.
Speaker 5: He said something else that was, oh god, like insinuating that they're going to hook up that night, and I just, damn it, it's really annoying me that I can't remember what it was.
Speaker 4: Well, he's all, those jeans are really working for you, they're working for me. Oh my god. The funniest is when he's all hot plates is when she does some kind of wonderful She's all, are you gonna show up with the diamond earrings and take me to an art museum? That whole bit is some kind of wonderful. Did you guys get that? Okay? Have you seen some kind of wonderful. None of you. Oh my god, there's a whole bit that's lost on you. So when she's she's there.
Speaker 1: Who's in some kind of wonderful.
Speaker 4: For some reason, some kind of wonderful is Oh my god, give me a second. Mary Stuart Masterson Leah Thompson and Eric Stolts. And Eric Stolts is kind of like the kid from the poor side of town, and Leah Thompson's like the rich, rich gal, and he wants to go on a date with her, and she's got kind of the like popular, mean boyfriend that she broke up with. But Mary Stuart Masterson is like his friend who he eventually ends up with, obviously, but he like it's kind of that sort of pretty and pink type thing. It's sort of pretty in pink reverse. Did you guys see Pretty and Pink?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, so it's the reverse. So it's basically the same movie reversed. And anyway, her whole shtick is she's doing the plot of some kind of wonderful He takes her on this big date. But that's very interesting because that must have seemed weird to you guys watching it.
Speaker 6: I just thought it was funny, Like I thought she was just being a flirt, and then when she turns around and she's like, oh, are you gonna look like as I walk back?
Speaker 4: Well, that was cute.
Speaker 5: Can I give you the line that I was thinking about?
Speaker 4: Course?
Speaker 5: Okay, Luke goes, But tonight I will give you my extremely positive views on other aspects of your being. Oh yeah, And I was like, oh snap, it is not g rated. Go more girls anymore.
Speaker 4: Now he's kind of a dirty birdie, he is. He would be totally a sexter if there was like cell phones, like if they had iPhones, he would.
Speaker 5: He really would be. You're one hundred percent right, Yeah, he'd be.
Speaker 6: Like sex with tenine texting.
Speaker 4: With those old phones. What's ten You have.
Speaker 6: To click like the Nobel three times to get the letter?
Speaker 5: That old school texting.
Speaker 4: But anyway, I just love that scene. I mean, Scott, are you laughing? Like, how do you feel when you're watching that?
Speaker 1: I was, I was charmed.
Speaker 3: But I was definitely charmed by that scene. I thought it was very cleverly written and well acted, and yeah it was. It was good the whole It's again.
Speaker 1: Uh you know what Kenny or take it?
Speaker 7: Did?
Speaker 1: He made it look like a movie. Yes, these were movie shots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's something that the way he does it, it's just so awesome. So okay. Then we get a quick scene with Emily getting the letter about the Heart Association and is you know that's where we hear the maids say, well, I called his valet and blah blah blah. So we're sort of getting sprinkles of that. Then we get to the dorm and the couch, the famous couch is getting moved in and we see Marty. Were you happy to see Marty?
Speaker 5: I feel like Marty like really wanted a shot of being with Rory and he just got snubbed. Like, poor guy just straight up got snubbed.
Speaker 4: He's trying, he's he's sort of stuck in friend zone.
Speaker 1: He's in the friend zone. Yeah, I was gonna say.
Speaker 4: He's not getting out.
Speaker 5: I had high hopes for him, and I will say I'm a little sad about it.
Speaker 4: He's cute, he.
Speaker 3: Likes to be he's comfortable in the friend zone. He doesn't want to get out of the friend zone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wouldn't. He wouldn't know what to do outside of the friend zone.
Speaker 4: Did anyone get his joke though about meeting Nicole Ritchie. Maybe we talk about it in pocable.
Speaker 1: That was that was a big slam.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to have to dig into that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so then you spent the next six week showering.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would have to do we learn? Were you shocked that Asher is dead?
Speaker 3: You know, it's the one time it was I was, you know, I was gonna say last week, isn't it nice that Paris wasn't in these episodes? And then here she is again. But it's nice to see her playing a different color than just sort of yeah nihacle rage. And I thought she did very well. I really, you know, it opened me up to the character more and I started liking her more and empathizing with her more. But it was extremely But again, look at the words she gets to say.
Speaker 4: I mean all Paris. I mean when Rory were like doing it, No, he wasn't brought down my bibe.
Speaker 6: Then there was China, and there was a callback to that same thing, like two more scenes.
Speaker 4: Wait, just was I did I miss it? What is it? Yeah?
Speaker 6: It was at the didn't Marty say it? No, Marty or one of the guys that party liked.
Speaker 5: Marty and Rory went right to saying like, oh did you did he die while having sex? Like essentially that's what they alluded to.
Speaker 4: And also asked if she was with Asher, because remember when she's hanging up the things, and Logan's like, were you with him?
Speaker 5: Oh? I didn't catch that.
Speaker 4: Oh what? Oh god? I love Logans.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, no, he said, why are you hanging those ups? This old guys? Were you guys together? Or something like that?
Speaker 4: They sold out of Orlando Blue. Anyway, we'll get to it. I actually feel a little sad for Paris. I did too. Yeah, yeah, she's sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not quite there yet.
Speaker 4: And it is a little weird that she's sort of taking control of things. That's definitely odd, rather than the kids. Well, and why are they not a secret? They're so out in the open. It's like very weird to the fact that the lawyer's calling her, come on, that's unrealistic.
Speaker 6: Well, I think she was a secret to the school, but not to his family because I know.
Speaker 4: But it's still disturbs. Okay. So then we get this sort of setup that when Loralai walks through town and gets to the newsstand, that that's where the gossip happens, and it's Bebet, Miss Patty, and then what's that other lady's name? Does anybody know? Oh, missus Cassini.
Speaker 6: Have we seen her before?
Speaker 4: I feel like we have someone's gonna yell at us on Instagram because we don't remember. They get real mad that we don't remember everything of everything, but shouldn't have think, Oh god, okay, so that bit is very cute and we needed it for later. So Scott, you still just like, I guess everybody's just feeling good about the whole episode.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, well yeah, I mean it's uh, it's just one delightful scene after another. I mean there's no week there's no subpar scenes that the writing is great all the way through.
Speaker 1: The performances are great all the way through.
Speaker 2: So far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with you on there's no subpar scene.
Speaker 1: No, they're not.
Speaker 3: All of them were home runs, you know, It's like stringing them together was great.
Speaker 5: I like a lorla. I referred to Miss Patty and Bebbe as Hello Magazine of gossip column.
Speaker 4: So then we kind of get to the one sort of painful scene for me, not painful in a bad way like it was written painful. It just was a sad scene because the Gilmours are sitting there discussing everything and that he's got the car in the driveway and it's leaking oil and she says, you should go to the gas station or whatever, and he goes, this is the way it's going to be, and I just thought, ouch, they are not doing good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he did agree to go down the road to the gas station to true classic car, So that to me is like, oh, they're kind of back in the marriage again.
Speaker 4: They're being civil about their separation, is where I'm at, Like, it's not daggers, but it's just they're cooperating in their separation.
Speaker 1: And that's the pathway back to, you know, reconnecting.
Speaker 4: Well, that's good. It's a good way to look at it. I'm looking at it a little bit more cringey, like I'm mom and dad are fighting.
Speaker 1: But they hated each other.
Speaker 4: They just fight, right, or they wouldn't speak. All right, I'll give you.
Speaker 3: His concession was to me, he said, I still love you and I want to come back.
Speaker 4: Well, well he hasn't done it yet. He's just taking the cars to the gas station now.
Speaker 1: But that's that's a big gesture.
Speaker 4: All right, you're right, I'll give you that he agreed rather than saying like it's my driveway too.
Speaker 3: He wants to be agreeable because he he you know, I think they both want to get back that's where they were.
Speaker 4: Well, all right, we'll see. Uh now it's the time. The moment has come, the moment we've all been waiting for.
Speaker 1: The best moment of your life.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's what I will say. It was a game changing moment for me in the series because I immediately loved him, Like I was like, he stood out to me being so I was team Logan, like real fast. I literally was like, just who, I don't care. So they're at the coffee stand.
Speaker 1: You know, I agree. He kind of does blow them both out of the water.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's steals.
Speaker 1: The whole character he gets to play is.
Speaker 4: Rather not.
Speaker 3: I can see where people would find him nauseating, but where other people would find him extremely attractive.
Speaker 5: Like the first thing that came to my head was this is a Logan? What a tool? Like literally that was in my head. I was just like, this cannot be the guy that everyone thinks is cool. And I just keep hearing like Dean, which team are you on? Dean, Jess or Logan. I'm like, how is Logan in this race?
Speaker 4: Both could feel that way.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say that, like, I don't dislike Logan, but I kind of agree with Danielle that he kind of came in hot and like you you're not you don't love him at first, but you're intrigued.
Speaker 4: No, I loved him because he is the although Jess did this in a certain way, but Logan really gives Roy a run for her money. That's what I was kissing her, but he's not like running over her. He is like ready to sort of spar and even how when he's gonna say fun, wasn't it like this guy's at Yale. This guy is not dumb like he's at Yale. Plus, I just think he's so cute and I love that he's sort of like he's got a hint of like bad boy. He's sort of got a little Dean, a little Jess, a little lots of people. Oh, I love him.
Speaker 5: I hope it turns around. I hope in the next few episodes that I don't know, I don't know my thought changes on him, but I'm just like, so, do you.
Speaker 4: Think he was a jerk to Marty or did you think he was just like remembered just.
Speaker 5: Like he felt very arrogant. That's the best way I can I can explain it. He just felt arrogant in every single scene he had, I think.
Speaker 3: But I think he was just being himself. That's the character. He was being himself. He wasn't trying to it's you know, to the manner born right right, right, right right, It's it's hard not to be that when you're in your environment, You're you're at your place. You know, you're at Yale. Dad went to Yale, his father went to you. You know, you can just you can just feel the bloodline, right, it's just coming out of him, so totally right you either rejected out of hand.
Speaker 4: I don't like that for Ror totally.
Speaker 5: I just don't know if I like want that for Rory right now.
Speaker 4: Like, well, it comes to its complications, we will learn. But right out the gate, I'm like, this guy is a stud. He's a little bit of a pompous.
Speaker 1: Like you think Richard was like that when he was young. You think he reminds me.
Speaker 4: I think Richard was sweeter. I think Richard would never be like Richard was super sweet.
Speaker 5: I bet he seems like what was Digger's dad, Lloyd or Floyd?
Speaker 1: Which one was it?
Speaker 5: He kind of reminds me like a younger Floyd, Like you know how how Floyd is kind of I don't know, a little bit of a snake. That's that's what Logan looks like. I again, no one yelled at me because it's my first time seeing him. But first impression, first impression, I'm just like.
Speaker 3: You think he's got too much game. It's like too it comes too easy to him, like that level of game. Maybe maybe it's too much, right, Yeah, he think he's a serious student.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's an overachiever? Do you do you think he's a Does he came up to you like a guy who was riding on his family's coattails and wasn't working hard? And that he.
Speaker 3: That's a country made of ice cream. He's he's the way we were. He's he's what Streisand objected to. But it's what Streysand objected to so strongly in that film, Like what's wrong with you people? It's eleanor Roosevelt. What are you making jokes about her for? Because it's what we do. We make jokes you, why are you being so serious? You know what's wrong with you? Which we make fun of everything. That's how we get through the day, you know, And that's that's to me what Logan is. He's just making fun of everything because it masks pain, It masks yeah, whatever, you know, trauma he's gone through. Just because he's wealthy, just because he's you know, obviously a privileged kid, doesn't mean he doesn't have issues, right, So that's that's to me what that's saying. So I was pulled in by it. Actually, I see what you.
Speaker 1: Mean, Daniel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I do see what you mean.
Speaker 3: I can see how it's like, oh boy, that's going to rub a lot of people the wrong way.
Speaker 5: But I'm definitely not writing him off, Like I'm like, I'm going to give him a chance. But just right now, it's a little jarring. So I'm waiting for the next few episodes to really get to know him.
Speaker 4: Your first impression, So and then Marty says I kind of hate those guys, and Rory says, can't see why, and she sort of is like, ugh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you see, Marty feels like the guy for me, no anybody else, Like right now, I'm like, Marty seems so cute, Like why why is Rory sleeping on him? Like she's sleeping on being together with Marty? Like he's not the guy he feels like it right now to me, Like.
Speaker 6: The next friend zones him quick though, I guess.
Speaker 4: But but how do you go back from finding someone naked in the hallway.
Speaker 3: Marty's the stable one, Marty's the guy you marry. He's never gonna cheat on you. He's going to be a great husband, he's going to be a great father, He's going.
Speaker 1: To earn a great living.
Speaker 3: And you could be bored your entire life with Logan. Logan, that's gonna be a little different.
Speaker 4: Logan's gonna give her a run for her money. That's what I'm saying. He is like coming in hot and who was the girl? Somebody, somebody needs to figure out. Who was that girl that was like his arm around her?
Speaker 6: Is that we'll get We'll get tod Amy, But I know one of the background actors in this episode. No, yeah, we'll get to it. We'll get to it, Okay, you have to.
Speaker 4: Tell us, all right, so we get to meet the man.
Speaker 3: But but I will say this, when he comes on screen. I didn't look at anybody else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the actor, the.
Speaker 3: Person has real charisma and real magnifal and real talent. He's extremely appealing, extremely talented actor.
Speaker 4: He did the same thing in The Good Wife. Like there were a lot of big actors in The Good Wife, and he I always gravitated toward him, even with like Christine Baranski and Juliana Marga Lees and like a bunch of others, You're still like, who's that guy? And that was you know, Matt Zukri is like he's he's amazing or ipee the resident though, why, oh my god.
Speaker 6: I texted Amy when I saw it and I was like, this just breaks my heart.
Speaker 4: Right before we watch this episode too, they canceled his show. Yes, yeah, what I was doing well, I don't know. I mean six seasons. Look, he did fine. I'm sure he got a good couple of bucks, but still.
Speaker 6: But he was getting I know, Amy, you're behind, but like I watched up until the Christmas break and it was so good to catch them. I'm like, did they finish out? I wonder if they finished out like what was lingering from the end of the season or it's just done done.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know there are more episodes that are going to even air or is it just dumb hope?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 6: I need I need any closure?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well he's you know, he'll he'll, he's always going to land on his feet. He'll get another show.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Louisville.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be in Louisville at the Louisville Popcorn July sixteenth through eighteen. Just wanted to get that in so as we're talking about Louisville.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not sure we were, but that's okay.
Speaker 6: I like literally was like, did I forget somebody?
Speaker 4: So then we have Rory and Harris hugging, which was very and I was like, Paris wants to have a wake, which Rory says, yes, okay. So then now we get to the best Loralai coming out the door for her date. She is so cute. Are you kidding me? She looks smoking hot? Did you guys not agree? When she comes out of house, I'm like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: I gotta give it to Laurlai and Luke in this episode they are definitely thriving and you're glowing.
Speaker 4: I agree, And then that scene they're really giving like both of you, but especially Lauren, like all that physical comedy, like the getting in the car and the whole thing, and then she's like, we'll get better at this, Like it's so funny to watch.
Speaker 1: That was a lot of fun to rehearse. We found all that in rehearsal.
Speaker 4: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 3: And the thing to do in rehearsal, the thing to do when when they say action is not to overdo all that stuff. It's hard not to overdo all that stuff, you know, because there's a lot there. You can really ham it up. I think we were right right on the borderline of ham but not quite.
Speaker 1: I think we pulled it off. I enjoy I think so.
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think she's really good at it because it reminded me of the scene when she's trying to act cool around you and touch the table.
Speaker 5: I weirdly love that, like I feel, I mean, obviously, Luke has been a very established character, but I felt like in this episode it made it even more prevalent, like because we learned so much about him, like that he goes to this tavern that it's Luke's Luke, or right, Luke's Luke.
Speaker 4: Luke's Luke Ye, Luke Luke.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, and that like these two people are really important to his life and helped him, you know, create the diner and like all that kind of stuff. Like I just felt like we got a lot of backstory and felt and Luke was very like humanized in this scene for me, like he is a person with a history.
Speaker 4: Hello, Missus Landingham, Catherine justin I know, oh my god, my god, Like I want.
Speaker 6: No shock to see her. This was the year before she started Desperate Housewives.
Speaker 4: And after she was Missus Landingham on the West Wing. I didn't watch the last thing, but oh my gosh, that was amazing, Like that was amazing.
Speaker 3: So here's here's what was interesting for me watching it that dating scene is that it's one of the few times and I don't think it's the first time, but it's one of the few times we see Luke.
Speaker 1: Without us hat on.
Speaker 4: Yeah yep.
Speaker 3: And it's like it's like a mask came off. He wears that hat. He's a certain guy. He no longer has that hat on. He's on a date. He's a different guy.
Speaker 1: We get to know it. We get to see a whole new layer of this guy.
Speaker 3: First of all, is adjusting, Like, gosh, you know, I thought I look a lot different with the hat off than I do with it on. Yeah, so I had to get used to that. But it's a it's a it's a different personality too.
Speaker 5: It's it's so interesting you say that because your first like big scenes with Lrela, you don't have your hat on, like when you guys first kissed.
Speaker 1: No hat, right.
Speaker 5: The state no hat like that is a very right.
Speaker 4: You go from being to reach the lauralized loop. Hates symbolizes that. It's almost like Clark Kent to Superman.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I'm saying, but I was also and I know that, you know, the tension of the sexual tension between them and the mutual attraction is there.
Speaker 3: You feel it, you know, you know they like each other and they're blushy all around each other and nervous and but you know, I was watching out for the signposts of are these do these to have the future? Because you know, is she going to be less jokey and he's going to be a little warmer so that they kind of mesh better, or is she going to be her same jokey, throw it away self, or is she going to get a little bit more serious, and he's going to so that they can meet somewhere in the middle, so we can.
Speaker 4: See Joe being that I'm seeing meshing where he's a little more fun. Yeah, she has our serious moments.
Speaker 5: And he's a little more like lovey, which we haven't really seen.
Speaker 1: I have not seen that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I have one word for you guys, like horoscope.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that just.
Speaker 5: Proved everything to me. I was like, yep, yep and yep, like this is in the stars, Like this relationship is in the stars.
Speaker 4: This is what I love about. Okay, But the same thing, the horoscope can be the sweetest, most meaningful thing ever right where you're like, oh my gosh, he has the horse go. But that same plot device can be hilarious at the town meeting when she's like horoscope, Yeah, that's what I love. Is it Like nothing gets too schmaltzy because the same thing is funny and then it's never too sappy. You're like, oh my god, I love it. Love this point, like the story of Sniffy because the fact that the dog died.
Speaker 1: And they run on the back of the menu, you're going to read the whole fa.
Speaker 6: And then it just ends like ends, it ends, and.
Speaker 4: I love that he remembers the first time they met and the whole thing. Wait, are you a scorpio? What are you in real life?
Speaker 1: I am not. I do have I have had my chart done.
Speaker 4: Well, what's your birthday? What's your son?
Speaker 1: Nine eleven?
Speaker 4: I'm a virgo nine to eleven, by the way.
Speaker 1: But I do have a lot of Scorpio in me.
Speaker 4: We'rego one scorpio October, end of October into November eight. Ears kept that in there, and then it happened better than meeting logan. You're in, you are all.
Speaker 6: I didn't know it was in this episode.
Speaker 5: You know, not to say I am a psychic, but in the last episode I was like, I am waiting for Luke to be all in and here you go delivering the give a line of this podcast.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you three, have you ever been in that position on the receiving end of a guy who says I'm all in?
Speaker 4: No, No, I mean no, just doesn't go that way.
Speaker 5: No, I think I have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my husband in all in, yeah.
Speaker 5: Because I mean this is no one cares. But we were coworkers.
Speaker 4: Care.
Speaker 5: We were coworkers, and we crossed a line of friendship, and I was like, I don't know, I don't know if I want to do this, and he's like, I want to, Like, I am here when you want to, and so that's his version of I'm all in. But yeah, I guess kind of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well it seems to be working out for you.
Speaker 5: It's working out pretty well.
Speaker 1: Now. If you were in a position Amy and and Tar, how would you feel?
Speaker 3: Is it too much? I guess it depends on how you feel about the guy, right, sure? Yeah, I mean that was eight years coming. That was a big hanging out there for eight years.
Speaker 4: Man, I date the more of a Logan. I'm just gonna say a little bit.
Speaker 6: More think of like think of like Logan.
Speaker 4: Is what I date.
Speaker 3: I date, but I think, but can you wait a minute, can you You can't see Logan sitting down with Rory one day and saying I'm all in.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's not a.
Speaker 4: Logan I'm yeah, it's not even a Dean move.
Speaker 1: You want to chase the guy you like. You want to be the one that says I'm all in.
Speaker 4: Pretty much, but it's a I could see you are you are? I could see just doing that.
Speaker 5: He kind of did yeah, yeah, he did kind of did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean not the best way, but like Luke did it better, way better, but you know what I mean, Like he was like, just.
Speaker 5: Come run away with me, like I I want this, like I want you, you know. Yeah, so he did do it in his own way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, huh, Logan is more complix.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm going to open up a can of worms here and we can always edit this out. Never would you say that this scene was anti feminist?
Speaker 7: M m?
Speaker 1: Do you see this as a feminist show and empowering women? Women don't need men. That's kind of the message we really need guys, we don't really need.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think that's the message.
Speaker 1: You don't think that's you think that's part of the message. That's not part of the message you're getting.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think this relationship really challenged that whole that whole fame and that whole premise.
Speaker 4: He's her equal and he respects her and one hundred percent, and he's also exactly how she is.
Speaker 5: He's also saying I chose I'm choosing you choose me, you know, like he's saying, I am all in, like meet me here.
Speaker 1: So he's being the vulnerable one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, I think he's.
Speaker 1: To dominate or her or order her around or pressure.
Speaker 3: It's nothing like that, No, he's saying, which is why it's a guy like that doing it that way.
Speaker 4: He's being confident, but also like not playing games like he's he's being he's really stepping up and being like a true love.
Speaker 5: Yep, I agree, Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm in I am all.
Speaker 6: I think that. I think that comes back around and not to jump ahead, but just in this conversation when they're at the town meeting and they're like the owner of the diner and the owner of the inn are dating, and they basically put them as equals as two important yesiness owners in the town.
Speaker 4: Great point, Well, and we'll get to this. But Luke steps up again and says, this is my relationship and hers. He doesn't say this is mine. He says this is mine and hers, not yours, not yours, not yours, mine and hers. He's very I would call him whatever the supporter of a feminist is.
Speaker 3: That's him, right, So he is pro feminist I think because he's not because if she said no or it didn't work out for whatever reason, he would not be he would accept it mm hmm. He would hate because he has enough respect for her and their friendship ultimately to step back and say.
Speaker 4: He has give her the space respect for her.
Speaker 1: That's the point, right, he has completely.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, one thousand percent more than Christopher, more than Digger, more than more than any of them. He considers her his complete equal. Now that doesn't mean he's not going to come and fix the deck and and give her the loan that she needed, right, but he considers her his partner in my opinion.
Speaker 1: I'm just throwing it out there.
Speaker 4: I just want to I love the conversation a little.
Speaker 1: Bit and see what was going to come out.
Speaker 4: Good one one, Okay, well, then.
Speaker 1: Take the garbage cans out. I'll be right back, okay.
Speaker 5: I can't believe it happened this fast.
Speaker 1: I was like, whoa, four years years.
Speaker 6: But it was also like the next scene, like there.
Speaker 5: Was no yeah, it was here going full throw.
Speaker 4: And it was not awkward. And I wrote, oh MG, holy s h. I t and I've seen it, and I also stay it was cute, not weird, Whereas there was a hint of weird for me with Digger. This was cute, not weird.
Speaker 6: I agree, with you. Yeah, and when he's like making a list of this, like the song the CDs.
Speaker 4: Well, guys, is that not? Is there not any kind of weird parallel to Rory and Dean talking about music and candy man yea the first time they do it and these two do it and it's YouTube Blondie Sparks. I don't know who the Sparks are. Bowie. I was like, oh wow, so now you're telling me though you did not get this script? Do do do you get your script? And it says Luke and Loralai in bed, Luke shirtless. You're telling me that you did not do extra pushups, you did not stop eating carbs that week. You're just telling me you were easy breezy. I do not believe.
Speaker 1: I may have done four or five push ups, and I may have skipped the pasta at lunch that day.
Speaker 4: It sounds of it.
Speaker 1: I will grant you.
Speaker 3: That I have no recollection collection of that though, Senator.
Speaker 1: But I may have.
Speaker 4: I will say, Danielle, we're gonna admit to you, Scott, We're gonna admit some truth to you. Danielle and I have where I'm like, did you watch the episode? It's the best one ever. I love it so much. And she's like, I just watched it, and then I'm like, oh my god, Scott is shirtless. Okay, the way I watched it twenty years ago and the way I watched it now, I'm not gonna lie different because different. Twenty years ago, I didn't know you, so I was just watching Luke. Now I had a blur of like, oh.
Speaker 5: God, and all I can see is Scott.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was really hard.
Speaker 1: Did you a headset?
Speaker 5: I literally like, there's Scott.
Speaker 4: It was just so SHM.
Speaker 5: Not gonna lie.
Speaker 6: I was like, I was like, oh, I wish I like fast forward.
Speaker 4: It's so weird watching it. I will say I will take one for the team here. You're not bad to look at. Good job, good job, I can say that. But it was very different this time. It's not a secret. I've admitted it. When I watched for the first time, I definitely had crush on Luke. I always look I like Dean, I love jazz, and then I really loved Logan. But I had a crush on Luke because and I did say this to the email too, like you were okay, And I mean this in the nicest way. Possible when twenty years ago, I was twenty nine and you were like in your forties, so that was like reasonable these guys are They didn't think they weren't going to be attracted to Luke then at all because he was the dad to them.
Speaker 1: I was forty five. I was forty five and that's right.
Speaker 4: And I was almost thirty or in my early thirty so that was like totally reasonable.
Speaker 5: People in high school were like into Jess and Dean exactly.
Speaker 4: My crush would have been on Luke and Christopher. I've always admitted I had a huge crush on Christopher too, So I would like the dad characters, whereas these guys would have liked the Rory boy Yeah, the boyfriends. Yeah, it was like inappropriate that I liked Logan probably, although how is Somebody tell me how old Matt Zuger is?
Speaker 7: Is he?
Speaker 4: Even in my realm he's in his forties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's probably.
Speaker 4: It's well, he's probably it's forty.
Speaker 6: He's forty, right, so that's not creepy.
Speaker 4: He must have been playing old because he was forty.
Speaker 6: He always liked a twenty five playing like nineteen twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Anyway, I'm distracted by the the sheet was going abnormally lo tho. I was like, oh, like, does someone come out and like move that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did have a sheet pollar?
Speaker 4: Is that true? They like, ye, can't go.
Speaker 3: To the expensive sheet pullars are really expensive, like to get a good one, because if you get a bad sheet pollar, then you know you're out there whistling Dixie. You're out in the ring without a coat on, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Then she the alarm goes off. You guys are so sleepy, bloody blah. She goes downstairs. I literally wrote, oh my god, I am dead. I am dead. Oh my god, ha ha ha, Like it is so funny.
Speaker 5: No music in the diner, Like everyone just stopped.
Speaker 6: I was shocked that she didn't think about it, because a second she's like downstairs, I'm like, oh my god, there are people downstairs. It's it's the next one. Like I knew it, but A shocked that she didn't.
Speaker 5: But she's there when Luke is there, right and Luke is with her.
Speaker 6: Didn't even think Caesar's Caesar's been running the diner for god knows how long now, since he was out of town. So that's why I was like, huh, I thought it.
Speaker 4: Was hysterical, and then the the script when she comes back up look at me like, and it's just the banter they have is just oh, it was so funny. Well they don't now, they know now whole thing. You guys are so good together.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, man, yes, brings it amazing.
Speaker 3: Emotional seeing yourself kidding I.
Speaker 4: Know, I know, just kidding. I still do not know I could. I don't think I could watch if I was like half naked on screen, I could not look. I can look at some pictures, I can't look at myself fully clothed, Like can you just watch that? I mean, yeah, are you like O good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was sitting there judging myself. I was okay with it. I was like, oh yeah, well yeah, not too bad.
Speaker 4: Because you had not any posten. You did like eight hundred and twelve pookas okay. So then we get our second appearance by the love of my life Logan Huntsburger. We probably don't even know his name yet, we don't know that his name is Huntsburger for sure. But so she's hanging the flyers and there he is Ben looking for the girl, and they have that amazing banter.
Speaker 6: It was good. It was I thoroughly enjoyed that advanter. It's hard to keep up, yeah yeah, yeah, and leeps up.
Speaker 4: With him and he keeps up with her.
Speaker 6: But like it kind of reminded me of like the way Laura, I like, is really great at her banter with people, and like Rory stepped up, like she was like, I'm not gonna let this guy up all over me, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Logan does have that Laura Lai element to him where he's just throwing a stream of consciousness. He's just throwing stuff out there, man, and it's all great. Yeah, got to keep up with.
Speaker 1: Him, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And Laura Luke and Laurai keep up, and Christopher keeps up with Laurai. They have that same thing. So I guess, although I do think Jess kept up with Rory, Dean is a different It's different, whereas this is the first person where it's like, oh my god, not only is this person keeping up, but he's kind of inching ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, No, he's he's he's pushing the narrative. Yeah, I mean he's he's making the rules of that.
Speaker 4: And it's hard to argue with that interaction.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like, you know, yeah, absolutely so.
Speaker 4: Then we see Paris with the pipe just like that. But I was so sweet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like Rory is such a good friend, Like Rory is probably like, yeah, they hugged. Yeah, even though Rory probably thinks like she's kind of crazy with all this, like she's still supporting her friend.
Speaker 4: Totally puts her arm around her. So Okay. Then we go to the gossip circle again and it's like they're not talking about her, and she's just stunned.
Speaker 6: She's waiting for where was this gossip circle like two weeks ago?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? I'd love to hear what they said about the incident with Rory and Lindsey.
Speaker 6: And lindsay That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 4: I would have loved to hear that, Well, they.
Speaker 5: Were watching, do you remember that, like when the whole town, Yeah, the hotel watching.
Speaker 6: But I would have liked to see the new stand gossip of that the whole.
Speaker 4: Town was watching him her throw his stuff out.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Like Ben, it's definitely exo exo gossip girl, isn't she Like yeah, she's runs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ms Patty Studio is in the middle of the town and the door is always wide open.
Speaker 4: Totally so okay. Then I love that Lorli calls Luke you know what I mean to say, like.
Speaker 6: No one's talking.
Speaker 4: She hey, And then I was still on for tonight. It's just so steady. He just does not care.
Speaker 3: Isn't it quite charming though that they're nervous about it getting out because they don't want to sort of ruffle the town feathers.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: I also because that's a big sea ching that's for everybody in that town, or at least the people go the diner, know, those two.
Speaker 4: The thing I love is that both of them are trying to be on the same page as each other. Do you want it out? I don't care. It can be out, It doesn't have to be out. Do you want it out all time? That nobody's being like no one can know or we need to tell everybody, like they just want to be on the same page with it, which I thought, Oh that.
Speaker 1: I like, he ain't digger. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So then we see Emily having her solo dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I think they're similar in that, you know, Luke kind of does have a kitchen in his bedroom like dig out a weird kitchen.
Speaker 1: Do it anyway? Go ahead, I'll shut up, go ahead.
Speaker 4: No. So is that maid's name Madonna Louise? Yes, they said her name so many times and relatable that Emily's like sees Richard going to the car and she's just completely stunned where is he going? Which to your point, Scott, that to me was the indicator that hope is not lost because she cares where is he going?
Speaker 1: So that was made her feel like it made her feel like a jealous teenager again.
Speaker 4: Yes, so Lourla is now wearing the best metallic blazer I've ever seen, and they're going to the town meeting. And also she's got like a bag of marshmallows, which.
Speaker 5: I love her for always lighting snacks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I like the pit stop the town meeting before the actual date totally.
Speaker 4: And so they're debating Gypsy's car accident and that was like, it was so brilliant because we're kind of invested in that, what's going on? What's going on Andrew and Gypsy and then Docie it's a serious matter. We need to discuss the proprietor of the inn and the diner owner. And I was like, this is something we have feared for quite some time.
Speaker 5: I was like, it's telling though that they said for quite some time because the town. Maybe the reason why I hear talking about it is because they wanted this to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's like something.
Speaker 4: I'm like, they're right, that's us.
Speaker 1: That was very funny. That was really funny.
Speaker 4: And the drama with the florist and the candy shop owner.
Speaker 6: I like how it wasn't Laura I and Luke. It's like the owner of the diner and the owner of the inn totally.
Speaker 4: And then Luke just is not playing, and she liked it. She likes that you just were not playing. You're like, this is not happening.
Speaker 6: And Emily always has impeccable timing with her phone.
Speaker 4: Yes, so Emily's interrupting because she's in the car now driving around because she can't be home if he's not home. I did notice they've switched a speakerphone though, and the cumber Luke was talking on his Now we've got speakerphone. So anyway, I love the whole thing showing the horoscope and he's as a couple of middle fingers. God, did you guys catch this?
Speaker 8: Scott?
Speaker 4: Do you catch it? Well you guys. So Luke's up there doing his thing, right, and did you see what he did?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he gave a wink at the end.
Speaker 4: I think it's our Oh yeah, you gotta watch the wink. I think that's our second wink where he really uses that very second.
Speaker 1: That's the Laurela.
Speaker 4: And then I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry because Emily went.
Speaker 6: It took me a second to be like, why is she sorry? And then it like clicks and I was like, oh.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. The whole thing was so good though. She's perfect there consoling Paris.
Speaker 6: Oh god, so this scene is I know one of the background actors show.
Speaker 4: Wait, have Jackie pull it up so we can see.
Speaker 6: So it's the guy bringing in the keg.
Speaker 1: And then well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's one of the guys. And then when and Rory and Marty are talking, he's standing right between. But it's one of my really close friend's husbands. No, he's now on the CW show Superman and Lois well, can he come on? Probably? Yeah, And I knew he was in the show like he's because when he found out I was doing the podcast. I used to go to their house all the time, I was like, oh, I'm doing this podcast.
Speaker 4: He's like I was.
Speaker 6: In Gilmore Girls and it was one of my first acting roles.
Speaker 4: Ever, does he talk on Superman and Lois or yeah, he's a regular, he's a song now He's like real, oh wow, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: And he never told me which episode, So I texted them last night. I'm like, we got there in the podcast, We're here, it's the episode. So I just thought it was funny, like I actually knew someone.
Speaker 4: We'll do it. Let's do a deep dive again on background acting. Bring him on?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: And then what did you all think when Marty asks about the boyfriend? She's got the whole I don't know, and then she goes to Dean's.
Speaker 6: It made me angry, to be honest, tell me more. I was just like, you're at this wake, you have Marty in front of you, and you drive all the way the stars hollow, like, come on, like you already kind of ruined the marriage, you know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like it's the last thing you expected and you got it from.
Speaker 1: The writing. Yeah, So I really.
Speaker 3: It's just another sign of high level writing. You use you know, your you you sing the ones that brung you. Yeah, and that scene and that storyline brung brung us. Yeah, whether we liked it or not, it was it heightened the tension. And going back to it and it's real, it just felt so real. It's it felt like what a lot of people would do in that situation, you know, because you know, what are we dealing with.
Speaker 1: We're dealing with the death. We're dealing with death here and it's probably and Gilmore has done it before and it's always very light hearted, but this was a little more impactful, right, And it impacted Paris and Rory.
Speaker 3: And Rory was thinking about her future and you know, going from the wake to Deans is the logical thing to do, emotionally speaking, emotionally logical thing to do.
Speaker 4: Especially when Marty's pushing her on who's your boyfriend?
Speaker 3: But I think it also says it shows us where Rory is in this story. Yeah, confused, she's kind of lost, but she's also a human being and she has needs and she wants love too, and she doesn't want to put off her life or her her wants or her needs even for one night. And this just sort of highlighted how you have to live maybe every moment like it's your last and just you know that mixed with confusion and pain and yeah.
Speaker 6: That scene also when she shows.
Speaker 3: Up, I mean, she's not connecting with anybody, is she. She didn't connect with Logan, She's not connecting with Marty.
Speaker 4: She she doesn't know that she's going. She's connected with Logan. She just doesn't know it yet.
Speaker 1: No, she but she's but you know what I mean, she's she's connected with Dean. So she's connected with him.
Speaker 6: And you can tell that because at that scene, they don't say a word to each other. He just steps aside and and she walks into the house like they don't need to.
Speaker 4: Say anything, right, right?
Speaker 6: But was that was that his house or was it his parents house?
Speaker 4: That's his parents house, which I'm surprised that he can just let her in because I wonder if they hate her or not. But here's the other thing I love about this episode. We get Logan. We obviously are not stupid. We know Oh that oh interesting, right, Obviously I assume they've hired Matt zugri On knowing what's to come. They're not pounding us over the head with Logan. We got just enough. Logan got a sprinkle of them. Yeah, And that's the thing that I think they do so well is like they dangle the carrot. We like him, we're in, but we're not being like, he's not at the party trying to kiss her. It's just like just enough. And so I'm a big fan of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's time. There's plenty of time, and we know they're going to take their time to develop which is the best way to do it.
Speaker 1: Yep, the best. It's the old school way to develop characters. And they have the time to do it.
Speaker 3: So you got to do it, because I mean, what is this show if not for its unique characters.
Speaker 1: It's and it's relationships. That's the show. You have to do it.
Speaker 4: So here's my other question for you guys. So you guys are remember the episode, remember an episode last week's Fights, this week's Tights when Rory goes out with the guy that Emily remember Emily knows his name was Graham. It was played by Teddy Dunn, the guy at the bar. Yes, remember that guy.
Speaker 1: The guy who who who hung out?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, So I think I'm accurate in saying this, and I'm pretty sure I've read it, is that there was potential that Teddy Dunn was going to actually be Logan or some incarnation of Logan, and then he got Veronica Mars whatever whatever. And I get that because there are some similarities in Logan to Teddy Dunn and that we don't know it yet and we'll get there about the gilmour Is knowing the Huntsburgers, blah blah blah. So you can tell that Amy definitely wanted to write in a Yale Boy.
Speaker 1: There was a Yale Boy. It was take one form or another, but it was coming, and.
Speaker 4: I just am I'm very happy that it ended up being that souper.
Speaker 1: I am too. He's terrific. He's really terrific.
Speaker 4: I personally think it's a waste of time to do favorite lines because obviously I know what the favorite line is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we all four agree that the favorite line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll give an honorable mention for Paris's line about Asher, which one how and she goes, this great man was not brought down by my vagina. But I am all in trumps everything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's not tarnish the famous anything.
Speaker 4: So okay, so now we have to think of what we're gonna brow.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I mean, you know, we're gonna, We're gonna. I'm gonna give it a ten plus newsplay paper, horoscope clippings.
Speaker 4: Good one good one, giving it ten posters for Asher's Wake, Let's go on.
Speaker 5: I will give it nine out of ten. Luke flannels on loore line.
Speaker 6: Oh good and get that was mine? Oh, I will give it? Uh? What else is?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 6: What other items were in this episode?
Speaker 4: M potties? I was just I will just give it. I wanted to end this episode by saying I have to.
Speaker 1: Go deducting five, five tenths.
Speaker 4: Or sniffies, you'll give it nine ten?
Speaker 6: Danielle said nine, yeah, yeah, one tenth deduction Logan, Oh mine, mine is mine? The point five My point five is just the last scene with Dean because it just made me disappointed in Rory.
Speaker 4: It's gonna take a couple of years before Dan I can really get a good judge from Danielle on Logan because she's gonna go through some ups and downs.
Speaker 6: But also I feel like, Danielle, didn't you have like you like us watching we didn't know who Logan was coming into it. You've had us like telling you like, oh.
Speaker 5: I had such for Logan, like I thought he was going to be this unicorn and you know whatever, and I'm just like, yeah, I don't even have words. I just have that.
Speaker 6: Oh, the item I'll give it is is couches. I'll couches.
Speaker 4: But what about the lubin in tune? Remember wasn't Emily going or the pipe? The pipes?
Speaker 1: Everybody? I think we're done? Uh, I mean, I.
Speaker 5: Mean Laura Lai and Luke being I am all in is just everything I needed in this world.
Speaker 3: Right, this, this, this episode I think brought a lot of joy.
Speaker 1: To the loyal fans. Heck, it was almost better than a wedding.
Speaker 4: Right, This is to me one of the best episodes of the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 6: So good.
Speaker 1: Yeah it really was. Anyway, thank you everybody for download.
Speaker 4: Oh My God. Next week is Tippy Canoe.
Speaker 3: And Taylor two Oh my God, Season five, episode four, and listen for real.
Speaker 1: Uh don't forget to check.
Speaker 4: Out your appearance in Louisville.
Speaker 3: Louisville July sixteenth through eighteen. I might just be there Saturday and Sunday. I don't know if I'm going to be there Friday.
Speaker 4: Now do you know who else is going to be there? From Gail Mark.
Speaker 3: Uh, I think Yanikue is being gonna Oh wow, I think it's I think it's Yanikue and myself and and I think I'm doing one with Sean Gone later on in the summer. I just can't announce it yet. But anyway, so that's it. So see it Louisville Popcorn July sixteenth through eighteen, or July seventeen and eighteen, whatever it's going to be, it's going to be one of those two best fans on the planet. Thanks for downloading Stay Safe, everybody.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, you can't end the podcast without saying the line, yeah, thank you. Actually after this episode, this episode, good.
Speaker 3: God, you're right when you're you're really right here, You're like one hundred episodes. Jesus, look at me just running off to have to go to the bathroom for the last thirty minute. Give it to us anyway, that's going to do with everybody. Thanks for downloading. The best fans on planet Earth and any other planet that I am aware of about you guys, but all the best, and and I guess you know by now. If you don't, I'll remind you I am all in. Stay safe everyone, Hey, everybody, and don't forget. Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh you're Gilmore friends.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for the best cup of coffee in the world, go to my website from my company scotty P dot com s c O T T y P dot com, scotty p dot com Grade one Specialty Coffee M