Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome to another episode of Reasonably shad Dy.
Speaker 3: I am Jaselle Bryant. What's up? What's up?
Speaker 1: This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is a special day.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it is because tomorrow's election day, a special week.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, And you know a lot has.
Speaker 2: Been happening in the world and with all that has transpired to get to where we are today in which a black woman is the Democratic nominee, yes for the presidency. Yes, and then we have one man, no Chacker.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: We've had I don't know millions of white men yes, that have run for the presidency on the Republican.
Speaker 1: Side, Yes, and the Democrat side.
Speaker 2: Yes, and the Democratic side. So now we got an election with a little bit of color.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we love it.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are here for woman.
Speaker 1: First of all, a woman is huge alone, right, and then a woman of color is even huger a word huge.
Speaker 2: We are cooking with Greece. Yes, yes, it's huger. It's not a word, but it's a word today. It's a word today, it's.
Speaker 1: A word today. It is Huger.
Speaker 2: I have already voted because I did early voting. Yes, because I you know, I've been traveling around or whatever to have you voted yet or are you gonna wait till tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll just I'll vote. I like to do the thing. Excuse me. I like to like experience the day with like, you know, standing in line, Okay, you know, having the people check you. I mean, I know you do that on early voting too, but I like to like I like the rush.
Speaker 3: Of it, Okay, in the experience of the thrill of it. I like that. I like that for you.
Speaker 2: But today it is all about making sure people do get out to vote. Yes, this is and we know that we have international listeners. And so we're just going to ask y'all to give us a pass for the day because today is very important. For tomorrow in the United States, we will.
Speaker 4: Achieve success that no one can imagine. And I'm asking you to be excited about the future of our country. Again.
Speaker 5: We know and we'll always remember the vast majority of us have so much more in common than what separates us, and we are all in this together. So remember, your vote is your voice, and your voice is your power.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like do or die.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, wait, it's kind of like do or we might go right exactly, and we're joking, but joking.
Speaker 1: I know, I know it is. This is a definitely very interesting election, yes, as they normally are, but this is like a very interesting one. And I really hope that the young people get out and vote yes and droves. Yes. I hope the black community gets out.
Speaker 3: In vote yes. Wait, man, how about the black man?
Speaker 2: Because Barack Obama got y'all all the way together a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was like, looking at here, and look at here black men.
Speaker 2: Right, let's talk right, how dare you act like you can't vote for a woman?
Speaker 3: How dare you?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 3: I was here for that. Yes, I was like, whip them into shape.
Speaker 1: Hopefully that helped? Yeah, help, yes, yes, because then yeah, I don't know. The guy on the other side was like, what is that, black man? Black people would be stupid if they voted for no.
Speaker 3: He said, imbeciles. Wait what does he call her?
Speaker 1: How does he get away with just calling all types of names people, all types of names.
Speaker 2: The name calling is out of control. It's really and it's so elementary.
Speaker 1: It's so elementary, it's so pathetic, it's so weird, like the name calling, the name the words are just so basic.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, okay, did you did you check out?
Speaker 2: Because there's so many weird things that have been happening on the Republican side with this guy. But one thing in particular was a couple of weeks ago, he had a town hall meeting.
Speaker 1: Did you see this shit clips of it?
Speaker 2: Okay, he had a town hall meeting. So town hall meeting is when people are able to ask you.
Speaker 1: Questions, right, whatever they want to ask.
Speaker 2: So he decided to have like a dance party. Oh my god, it was like and they put a ticker time, I mean a timer on it to show how long he was like playing this music and dancing.
Speaker 3: Around thirty four minutes or something. There's like fifty nine minutes or it was something. It was almost an hour.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Instead of answering questions, he decided to play all this music that was not cleared.
Speaker 3: I'm sure this music.
Speaker 2: Is not cleared, right, and all the artists are probably gonna come out and do a revolt revolution or playing out.
Speaker 3: And it was like, how.
Speaker 2: What stuck struck me was you're not taking this situation seriously, right, You're not taking you running to be at the highest office of this country seriously.
Speaker 1: It's a popularity contest in his yes, yes for him. No policies, yeah, no, nothing. Yeah, it's just like, how can I what can I do to what lies can I spew? First of all to try to influence people to vote for me, And what can I do just to continue with the popularity that I have in whatever his You know his segment is okay, I cracked up though, And this was a couple of weeks ago when he put out this long message about Kamala Harris's health is failing.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, let's get into it, and.
Speaker 1: Referenced that she has she suffers from you to carry you?
Speaker 3: What is that? What's it you to carry?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: One had you to carry it? Actually, I don't know if you remember. Do you remember when he he would like break out in hives if he got hot?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do you ever remember remember him experiencing that? Yes? Yes, I think yeah, So he would like get be hot and break out in hives. And then so he had to take like a steroid, a steroid like an allergic allergy medicine, a steroid all that, and it's fine. That's not life tharting. This is that's not newsworthy. That's not something to say to to say that her health is failing. Secondly, he said, she also has allergic rhinitis.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: Allergic conjunctivitis? What's that something that I have? You know how I wipe my nose all the freaking time. My nose runs all the time.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, you're you're allergic to allergies. You have allergies?
Speaker 1: No, Like that means like your my nose runs because of allergies.
Speaker 2: Right right, So I'm saying no, so Kamala has she's he needs to take a clariton.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, okay, great.
Speaker 1: He thought it a very messy and dangerous situation. These are deeply serious conditions that clearly impact her functioning. Like stop. So this is what he does. He puts out these reports and stuff and makes it seem like they're like the end of the world, Like, oh my god, this is no. She has a running note, she.
Speaker 2: Has a running nose, and she breaks out high sometimes when she gets hot. Right, but I'm sure that that I'm sure they have taken care of that because we have not seen any hobs on this woman, and she'd been running around hopscotch and all over the country trying to win this thing, right okay, and.
Speaker 1: It can be managed like wa wall go every month and get a shot and then to the point where like he didn't have to go anymore. So it's like, like, this is the nonsense. I can't like, we can't, we cannot approve of this nonsense.
Speaker 3: I appreciated. A couple of weeks ago, she went on Fox. She did an interview with Brett Bayer yeah something.
Speaker 2: And he was really coming for her, like not wanting her to he was man handling her verbally, didn't want her to talk.
Speaker 3: He was going to control the conversation.
Speaker 2: He was going to control the direction of her answers, which I ain't never seen nothing like it.
Speaker 3: I was like disturbing. I was like, is this abusive? It was getting a booze. But guess what, she handled it very well. That thing came out and said look ahead, look ahead.
Speaker 1: I know how I would have responded, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 3: That's why you're not running me or you.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, oh my gosh. That would have been a disaster. So that like, yeah, she was very cool under pressure, totally under being disrespected, just you know, like.
Speaker 3: Highly highly disrespected.
Speaker 2: But I did like the way that she the way that she summarizes her opponent. I do love because she lets everyone know like you are lying, sir, and everything coming out your mouth is a lie. And it's because the lies are becoming more and more disturbing from the perspective of is is it all up?
Speaker 3: There? Are we are? We? I'm just like, what a full deck? Right?
Speaker 1: Like? What's the thought process when when you put these lies out that that you know are blatant lies? You know, it's just like, what is the thought process here?
Speaker 3: And why?
Speaker 1: Why is this? Why is it okay? I still don't understand how we got here? Like how are we here?
Speaker 3: We?
Speaker 4: How?
Speaker 1: Why is it okay?
Speaker 3: But I'm okay with and and let me let me say this.
Speaker 2: In the beginning, when when Kamala Harris was the first was going to be the nominee, right, I was a little concern and I think I spoke my concerning yea, my concern concerning my concerning that concernments you're concerning. Yes, I spoke it because I said, I'm not the issue. Yeah, I'm it's not the issue. The men voting for her are the issues. And will men step up to vote for a woman, let alone a black woman. But if we have to just go on, do we vote for somebody that tells the truth or somebody that lies? Y'all, we got to vote for the truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 3: Even if you don't like she's gonna tell you that you're.
Speaker 1: We can't take the chances that whatever he's saying that you think is going to benefit your life, that he's actually going to do. Yes, you can't take the chances. He told y'all he was going to build a wall four or five years ago, right, and that didn't happen.
Speaker 3: No, right, No, Like.
Speaker 2: With COVID hit, he told y'all to drink chloride right like bleach something.
Speaker 3: He said something crazy like, come on now.
Speaker 1: So you can't take the chance whatever he's feeding you that it's actually going to happen.
Speaker 2: So when I was in about a month ago, when I was in Atlanta, I think I told you this.
Speaker 3: I was at the pool.
Speaker 2: With Angel We're minding our business, and a woman comes out, her friend came out, her girlfriend came out. So she was a lesbian obviously, and she had her hat to the back and then she turned around and it said Trump.
Speaker 3: Mm so she was wearing a Trump past.
Speaker 1: Wow. Interesting And I was like, wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: And then her girlfriend comes out and they do some work out together and they were all happy.
Speaker 3: Great. I wanted to tap her on her shoulder and be like, do you know Trump does not like you? Right?
Speaker 2: He would love now I've seen lately he's all trying to be like LBT and he's like, you know, trying to big up them.
Speaker 3: But he put people in the.
Speaker 2: Supreme Court to take your rights rights away period for sure.
Speaker 3: Period.
Speaker 2: So for you to be confused by that, it's confusing to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would be curious just to find out why she supports him.
Speaker 2: Like right, I did want to. I did want to have a discussion, but I said, let me mind my bus. Do you remember, Like, I'm not done?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So then in my suitcase I had a shirt you on, my Preys shirt with Kamala's face on. I was like, I hope I see her tomorrow, right because I'm gonna put my press shirt okay, And I did and I saw her and she did a double take.
Speaker 3: Oh, Like she looked at me and she looked at me again and I was like, how are you did have her head on? She did not have her head on.
Speaker 2: Okay, but my point is be clear what you're voting for and who you're voting for, and don't be tracked.
Speaker 1: Do you remember it was like a few months ago we were talking about the election in politics and we were saying, you know, if there's someone out here that can help us understand why you support the candidate on the Republican side, like write to us and let us know. We like, because I really honestly want to be educated on that, and it's not in a a controversial or combative type of way, Like, no, I really want to know why someone supports him, right. No one wrote in nobody, so nobody educated me on that.
Speaker 2: I forgot that you had put that out there to people, and people No, the people.
Speaker 1: Spoke, zero, nobody had anything to tell me. I really want to know, like, what is it, why is it? What is it?
Speaker 2: What is it that makes you feel like this would he's going to benefit your life, your family, your job, that you.
Speaker 1: Want your children or the kids in your community to see this man as our president and think, oh, this is how I'm supposed to behave. Yes, this is how I'm supposed to talk to people, right, This how I'm supposed to treat people like this is how you how you you know, show show your your power and your leadership and your influence. Huh No, now, no, I don't want my kids thinking that it's that's okay.
Speaker 3: No, it's not okay. It's not okay.
Speaker 1: Like it's just that simple.
Speaker 3: It's it's cut and dry. So I'm excited because all three of my kids can vote this time.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so nice.
Speaker 3: They're so happy?
Speaker 4: Are they?
Speaker 1: Are they doing early voting?
Speaker 2: So Angel is going to do I think they should go to the polls. Well, no, because they're registered because they're at school, so they're registered. So they have to go to the polls in Maryland. In Maryland, so they're doing what's it called absentee Yeah, they're doing the absentee ballad.
Speaker 3: They're all there excited.
Speaker 2: This is like a thing and just this is this is this is how you know, there's something called progression in life. The first time because Grace, I think voted last time. I think did she vote last time? Was she old enough?
Speaker 3: Yeah? She had old she's twenty. So no Okay.
Speaker 2: So the first time that all three of my kids can vote for a president, able.
Speaker 1: To vote for a black ones, that is beautiful.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: I remember, and everybody will you probably remember where you were when Baraquan.
Speaker 3: I do, yes. I remember.
Speaker 2: I was home, the kids were little, they were in the bed sleep and he my mother called me crying.
Speaker 1: Going oh.
Speaker 2: So she called me crying in the middle of the night because I had turned the shit off because I was like, I can't take the pressure.
Speaker 3: It give me too much anxiety. I couldn't watch all like the poles come in.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Mother called me.
Speaker 1: She was like yes.
Speaker 2: So then the next morning when I saw my kids, I was cool until I saw my kid's face and I just broke down crying, like finally, right right right.
Speaker 3: And they're represented.
Speaker 1: They're going to grow up. Not they're going to grow up. Just think just seeing that representation is normal, that African American representation, representation is normal. They're going to think, okay, they're not going to think anything of a black president, like being, oh my god, this is the first black president, like this is normal, this is normal. So I remember where I was. I mean, I have a picture and I want to recreate it. Okay, So I'm holding Corey in my arms like that. There's like a you know, a flat screen on the TV and it says Barack Obama has won. And so I'm like standing in front of the TV.
Speaker 3: Carter born.
Speaker 1: No, no, Corey was little. So Corey's sixteen, so he was Corey was born in two thousand and eight. Okay, so it was he was more March two thousand and eight, so the election was November two thousand and eight. Yeah. So I'm just like I have this picture and I'm like, oh my god, if Kamala wins, I want to recreate the picture and like pick Cory up and stand in.
Speaker 3: Front of the TV. This recreation is gonna be terrible. I could say, right now, stay in front of the TV.
Speaker 1: The terror Kamala Harris is one.
Speaker 3: Like that would be so cute, that'd be beyond cute.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, I hope I can make that happen. I hope, I hope we people together definitely can make that happen. So I can take a picture of me holding my Corey, yeah, in front of the screen saying that Kamala harrisone, and then Oh my gosh, so cool. Jimmy Carter, our former president, voted. He voted for Kamala. He said he's one hundred years old and he told his his family that, you know, he hoped that he could live long enough to vote for Kamala. So he was able to put in his early voting ballot and vote for her. And he's been in hospice for like ninety days.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know he was in hospital. Yes, okay, so shout out to him.
Speaker 1: So thank god he was able to like hold on and vote for her.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: So y'all can't have my children's first presidential vote being yes, so if they can do it, First of all, y'all got to get off the couch. I don't think we're gonna have a couch problem. Yeah, because we were gonna have a couch problem with Joe Biden. We're not gonna have a couch I think everybody's gonna get up and get it done.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: So, and I'm you know, I'm good. This girl has already done it. So boom check a lock a boom check a lock a boom checker. Okay, all right, anyway, this is our mini vote because this was our get out to vote.
Speaker 1: This episode, our mini vote.
Speaker 2: This is our mini episode because this was our get out to vote episode. So we're we're actually gonna stop this episode now so that y'all can go do what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Yes, and so you can call everyone, tell them. Make sure everyone in the neighborhood, all the you know, all the young folks are getting out and voting. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, So make it half of people are, y'all. Okay, bye bye, love y'all.