Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it is Saturday twenty seconds, and who wants to be a princess? And you can be an actress? And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and DJ. Who gives a damn? Don't give me I don't want a crown, give me a golden globe.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, she's a princess now who might return to acting? She's still a princess, right, It's Harry, Princess Meghan, the Duke and Duchess.
Speaker 1: We don't call her Princess Meghan.
Speaker 3: I guess we call her Duchess Meghan.
Speaker 1: What we call her Prince Kate?
Speaker 3: Don't Prince Princess Kate and Duchess Meghan.
Speaker 1: Why didn't she call a princess?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But does she have the title?
Speaker 3: I get confused? I actually I need to look that up.
Speaker 2: I know she it's the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and we call them the Sussexes. But they're not working royals now, right, they are now?
Speaker 1: But we still call him Prince Harry.
Speaker 3: But we still call him Prince Harry.
Speaker 1: This is not how this episode was supposed to start, y'all just turned into something else. He's still Prince Harry. He can't lose title, but hers has to be bestowed in someone. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's kids are prince and princess. I know that for a princess. Okay, I just looked it up.
Speaker 2: She technically still holds the rank of a princess in the UK because she's married to Prince Harry, but her primary public title.
Speaker 3: Is Duchess of Sussex.
Speaker 1: Primary. Yeah, but I can call her Princess Megan.
Speaker 2: You can refer to her as Princess Meghan, but I don't feel like anybody does.
Speaker 1: Nobody does. I'll take it back then. So, no, she doesn't have to decide between being a princess and an actress. She can be both because Princess Meghan is going back into being actress Megan. Maybe is this a done deal now?
Speaker 3: It seems like it is.
Speaker 2: The Hollywood reporter says that she is in quote advanced discussions to join Guy Ritchie's The Gentleman.
Speaker 3: I have not seen this Netflix series.
Speaker 2: It's about to debut it's season two, I believe on September.
Speaker 3: Third, but they will begin shooting what they believe will be a third season.
Speaker 2: I say what they will believe because it hasn't been officially announced.
Speaker 3: Yet that there is a third season, But that is what it.
Speaker 1: Is coming, is reporting it's coming. Yes, you know why.
Speaker 3: Because Princess Megan is going to be on it and everyone is going to be watching.
Speaker 1: So yeah, of course you have to pull whatever netwhere he says Netflix, Netflix, they are running. Oh yeah, they've been in a business in.
Speaker 2: A relationship already with Netflix where she had one for sure.
Speaker 3: Look, yes, this all came down.
Speaker 1: What's the Gentleman about?
Speaker 2: By the way, So it's described as an action slash comedy series.
Speaker 1: What's kind of like Kim Garda in the show?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we can only hope.
Speaker 1: How amazing was that second season coming back?
Speaker 3: Oh I'm waiting for that.
Speaker 1: I'm going off the rail.
Speaker 2: Anyway, get ussis?
Speaker 3: Yes, what's the Gentleman?
Speaker 1: I've never heard of it? Have you heard of it? Even? Does it have another big name in it that we would know? Nothing? Okay, so I'm not.
Speaker 3: I just know guy Ritchie and that's obviously we know his name.
Speaker 1: Used to be married to Madonna. I'm all over the place today, I apologize.
Speaker 2: So it's an action comedy crime series that would be in her wheelhow comedy crime okay, set in the same criminal universe as his twenty nineteen movie, which we did not see.
Speaker 1: What's a movie called The Gentleman?
Speaker 2: And Eddie Horneman, played by Theo James is a young aristocrat who unexpectedly inherits his late father's sprawling English country estate, only to discover it houses a massive, hidden cannabis empire run by a notorious criminal syndicate.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm looking at We like THEO James. That's the guy from The Monkey.
Speaker 3: We love Theater.
Speaker 1: We like THEO James. Okay. And he's in the commercial where he's driving the range Rover up the steps for some stupid reason after he goes and fetches a ball for a dog. It's ridiculous. Okay, But anyway, that guy, I like that guy. Okay. So he's going to be in So he's in The Gentleman. She's going to joining Do we know if it's a starring role?
Speaker 2: Perhaps they have not said whether or not that she is going to be They say she's been offered a role in the upcoming potential third season.
Speaker 1: Their wink wink. I assume it shoots there, right.
Speaker 3: It shoots in the UK.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what did you think when you first heard this?
Speaker 3: Now it all makes sense.
Speaker 1: The move makes sense.
Speaker 2: Because look again, we are obviously and understandably and everyone should be leery of people who claim to know what's going on inside the home of Harry and Meg that there have been plenty of leagues and for a while now I'm sure you've read them too, people saying that Harry wants to go back a because of his father's situation dealing with cancer.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 2: An older man who has cancer, So yes, he would like to be closer to his family, and he would be more comfortable in the country that he was raised in, the country that he knows and loved, and he feels like an outsider in California and he has been expressing that. And look, obviously we know why Megan might be reticent to go back in everything she experienced there. I mean, you could argue that they were run out of the UK. Yes, they certainly fled the UK.
Speaker 1: Uh mexit.
Speaker 3: I love that mexit is what it was called.
Speaker 2: So for her to want to go back, we were That's why part of it was so shocking, because they have been so outspoken about how they were treated and how they've been hounded and they want security. By the way, I've never seen the front of either one of their children's faces, which is kind of remarkable. It seems like that might be even impossible for them to continue once they go back to the UK. So for her to go back and put herself in that situation again, it makes sense that if she is going to get an acting role where she can return to what she loves and frankly, I think what a lot of people would say she's good at she gets. Look, it has gone so well for her with the lifestyle. What was she trying to be a lifestyle guru?
Speaker 1: She wanted to be a royal Martha Stewart.
Speaker 3: It didn't.
Speaker 1: It didn't like we know, I love that shot.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you loved it because you were laughing at it.
Speaker 1: I wasn't. I thought it was well shot. I was amazed by what I was seeing. I was genuinely I thought it was beautiful everything that was laid out, and it was confusing. What are we doing? What are we trying to do? What am I trying to learn? I actually I ended up feeling like it was just warioristic, and which is fine as well, But I don't know how that went.
Speaker 2: When you're trying to shake this notion that you're a certain, you know, type of person, and then you start showing a sprawling California home and all your perfect visions of vegetables and your perfect flowers.
Speaker 1: And I heard later at that's not even their house.
Speaker 2: It's not And people were yeah because she and then she explained she didn't want eighty production people in her home, which I understand, but yes, but at first we all did think that was their home.
Speaker 3: So it felt a little fine.
Speaker 1: But except to your point here, you think that this and I know in some places it's reporting this played a factor in her going back.
Speaker 2: Yes, and every like everyone who's reporting this say, ah, now it makes sense.
Speaker 3: This gave her what a.
Speaker 1: Purpose?
Speaker 3: Yes, a purpose and a plan.
Speaker 2: And look, it does seem like she might have been kind of twisting in the wind. Look, they have what a fourteen million dollar Montecito mansion that they are not recording to reports. They are not going to sell, they are going to keep it. They also have a home in Portugal. Look, we have talked about this people. Oh, they have tons of money. They've been cut off from the royal family financially, and money only goes so far when you have massive bills to pay like that. So yeah, that has to be a little concerning. And so for her to be able to feel like she's back doing what she loves. She gave up acting in twenty seventeen. Babe, that was eight years ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, remind me of the acting career.
Speaker 3: Suits. I mean, that's really the.
Speaker 1: Only Oh, sweetheart, I thought you were going to see something else.
Speaker 3: She did seven? Was it? Seven seasons of Suits?
Speaker 1: So does Rachel's Does she have other significant credits?
Speaker 3: Not that I am aware of.
Speaker 1: Let me again, Is there a movie I've missed that she's been in that was out in theaters?
Speaker 3: Okay, here's what we've got. She was in Suits, yep, from twenty eleven to twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: You've mentioned.
Speaker 2: Okay, she had two episodes on nine O two one oh in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: She played Wendy.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and eight, still it was a reboot. Stop.
Speaker 3: Then she had two episodes on two thousand and nine.
Speaker 2: Fringe exactly, and she just two episodes, and then she had she was a briefcase model and a suitcase holder for Deal or No Deal from two thousand and six to two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: I remember this. It's embarrassing, like I'm not trying to put her down for that, but given where she is now and the actress she wanted to be, she was basically like a price is Right girl for Deal or No Deal. She is a cute girl holding the suit I used to watch the show.
Speaker 2: Actually, I watched this game show she I didn't remember her specifically from it, but I remember now seeing video of it. She would hold a suitcase and would open up yes yes with money with cash in it, and.
Speaker 3: So she was on that. She did thirty four episodes for one season.
Speaker 1: Really, oh, she was a regular one.
Speaker 2: Season a Deal or No Deal, two episodes of a show called Fringe, where she played junior FBI agent. She has a role that she tends to go into crime shows. She did two episodes of.
Speaker 3: Nine O two one zero, and then the role that we all know her from.
Speaker 2: I mean seven seasons. That's seven years and it was a popular show. And by the way, when they put it back on, it exploded in popularity because yes, Princess Megan was.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's cool, and I think hearing about the deal and or Deal thing is actually one of my favorite things I've ever heard about her resume. It just means, you know, you struggle through things everybody some way. And I think that's awesome that the girl standing there holding a damn briefcase showing dollar signs ends up the princess of whatever or the duchess of whatever. I think that's a wonder. So I don't knock her for that. I'm just saying she's returning to acting. Right she gave up when was the show canceled? I'm trying she leave the show because she was dating him as well.
Speaker 2: I'm asking yes, because the show went on. I believe through twenty eighteen. She left acting in twenty seventeen. She was engaged when she became engaged to harry, and then she got married to him in twenty eighteen. But she apparently they say she gave up acting in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: Twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, I don't know how dramatic of a return this is not again Robes a big and again don't want to in any way trying to impugne her work as an actress. I'm just saying a return to acting is like she left a huge radios Hollywood career.
Speaker 2: She did not have a grandiose Hollywood career, but she yes and so by the way, Suits ran for two additional seasons after Megan left. So she did leave a show and leave a role, a paying role and a regular role on a hit show.
Speaker 1: But she said that be married. I'm leaving because I'm engaged. Correct, she said this.
Speaker 2: She left acting behind to be with Harry and so, yes, and then they moved to California.
Speaker 3: I believe so too.
Speaker 1: I think she'd have that Montecito home just by her acting career alone. Now, okay, and that's okay, that's not in any way. This is me actually being supportive of the decisions she made. Yes, she made the right call.
Speaker 3: But are you with me?
Speaker 2: Because I actually look, people have very different feelings about Meghan Markle. But I'm actually excited because you know what I think, you and I both know what it's like.
Speaker 1: You're talking about kids. Is that your excitement?
Speaker 2: I'm excited about the kids. No, I'm excited about Meghan having a purpose again. Oh, that has to be tough. I'm thinking of her as a mom and I thought.
Speaker 1: She did though. Baby, she's been doing the show and well, so, okay, that's fine, but she hasn't been sitting around as a little princess kind of a thing.
Speaker 2: But Netflix just announced in March that it's it was exiting Markle's Markle's lifestyle brand and as a business partner, so they they cut ties with her, and the deal that they had with This with Love Megan was downgraded to just a first look deal last year, so she's basically out of a job. Now, she doesn't have the lifestyle brand that she was developing.
Speaker 3: It's over now, So what does she do now?
Speaker 1: She tries thing, she's transitioning, and that's okay.
Speaker 2: I think that's great and impressied awesome, and it's okay that she tried it and it didn't work out the way maybe she wanted it to.
Speaker 3: But now the fact that she's returning back to acting, I'm excited for her.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is good for her as a woman, as a as a wife and a mother.
Speaker 3: I think to feel like she's got some purpose again.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, Look, you've got this career, and you've got these hopes and dreams, and yes, you fall in love and you become a princess, but then none.
Speaker 3: Of it turns out the way you think it's going to, and.
Speaker 2: You're on every tabloid, you're trashed when you leave, they call it mexet. I mean, that's all incredibly demoralizing. So I actually think that maybe going back, if she's got something that she's proud of, that she can work on, that she can be.
Speaker 3: Acclaimed, like she.
Speaker 2: Can actually feel like she's done something with purpose and meaning and something that utilizes what she does best.
Speaker 3: I think that's good for everyone. So I'm hopeful.
Speaker 1: I she's going to have to live a public life. This is going to take a while before she ever gets back into the good graces of a majority of folks there.
Speaker 2: And will she ever get in the good graces of the royal family again? Will she and Harry ever?
Speaker 1: But that had to be a consideration ahead of time. This has to be reconciliation. This has to be And I love that part of it, the idea of them what do they call that balcony, the one the queen stood out on for her? Do you believe whatever that thing called? Imagine all of them standing there.
Speaker 3: Together, amazing, That would be amazing.
Speaker 1: Her included, but Groves, she says some really bad stuff.
Speaker 2: Both she and Harry, and Harry maybe even more so than Megan in defense of his wife, so she's still a part of it. But when we come back, we're going to talk about what we've learned about any potential royal role that these two could have, and what Queen Elizabeth said back.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: I had forgotten about this because they at one point had proposed a hybrid model where they could be partial royal duties and then and also have partial independence. Let's see if they can try to pull a fast one on the Royal family and welcome back everyone to Amy and TJ. I think it's some exciting news that Meghan Markle will be returning, potentially to the small screen as an actress. We will absolutely be watching. It's reported that she's going to get a role in the not announced yet third season of Guy Ritchie's The Gentleman. But in terms of how they're going to fit into the Royal family, look, this is gonna be a little tough because they are reportedly taking a residence outside of London that is not in any way affiliated with the Royal family. And look, according to a source at Buckingham Palace, King Charles has said, it is clear there are no plans to alter Harry and Meghan's status as private individuals, non working royals, because this was an agreement they came to with Queen Elizabeth six years ago. They tried to try and be halfway in, halfway out, and she said absolutely not. The previous News Hour reporting that Queen Elizabeth said, though we would have preferred them to remain full time working members of the royal family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family.
Speaker 3: That last part has gone away.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was a pretty good statement by Queen Great.
Speaker 3: She wasn't she the best? I wanted to like.
Speaker 1: I saw that.
Speaker 3: I thought she just threaded that needle perfectly.
Speaker 1: That was pretty good. That was a that was pretty good, as we say, a masterclass. That was pretty good. I don't remember that statement. That's that's awesome, and that's it should have been that way. There's no way again, this is all your heart breaks because we all love Princess Die. Find somebody who's pissed about Princess Die. Find anybody who can have a negative thing to say about Princess Die. You'll struggle to find it robes. These were her babies.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it is also reported that it's the Spencer family who has kind of put their arms around Harry and Meghan when they went to the UK.
Speaker 3: Diana's brother Charles. Sorry, Yes, the Spencer family. That's Princess Die's.
Speaker 2: Family that they have been very welcoming to Prince Harry and Princess Meghan. And you can understand why they want to be a part of those kids' lives. You know, that's his sister's grandchildren and they don't have the grandmother that the world loved so much, and so how cool is that at.
Speaker 1: Least you don't have grandpa either. I know they have one I know, black grandmother in Compton. How about that the only grandparent that a prince and Princess of the UK have is a black woman from Compton. That is the highlight of the story. That's true.
Speaker 3: That's a true statement. So yes, but we reported on and this was a big deal. We don't have pictures of it or.
Speaker 2: Anything, but yes, that those two grandkids, Lillabet and Archie were actually able to reunite with King Charles, their grandfather for the first time seven and five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're much right. I mean that is time flies.
Speaker 2: But yes, they have been enrolled in a British school, so we know in terms of the timing that they're going to be there at least for the school year.
Speaker 3: So that's one thing.
Speaker 2: And then the question is will they remain And I think that probably remains to be seen based on how they're treated, what life is like for them there.
Speaker 3: How the acting role goes for Megan.
Speaker 2: But look Harry, just in the announcement of him going back over and meeting with his father and having Meghan come over.
Speaker 3: Look his we all know his approval ratings. Do they even call them that when it.
Speaker 1: Comes to members of the in front of me the Royal family favorability ratings from July of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Well, that's amazing, I said that, and you had them ready to go. I'm so impressed with you.
Speaker 1: Hey, like the Boy Scouts, right always prepares. I use that reverence the other day here at home privately, and then I said, you know, I've never been to Boy Scouts and I.
Speaker 2: Said, duh, yeah, you would never want to camp in a sleeping bag, and so that would be part of what would be required.
Speaker 1: There were some other things that would turn me off to the.
Speaker 3: Boy Scouts outside in the woods.
Speaker 1: Well, some other things still about the boy Scouts. Anyway, Man, I've gone off the rails a lot in this episode. We should stop recording live on Saturdays. But yes, folks, we don't, if you've ever wondered, No, we don't take these ahead of time. We do these in real time on the actual day. But yes, Robes, how about this. There is at the bottom of all the royals and favorability is Andrew.
Speaker 3: That makes a lot of because, yeah, because he's a rapist according to some Epstein victims.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so he's at the bottom. Who do you think is right above him?
Speaker 3: Prince Harry.
Speaker 4: No, Megan Markle, his wife, Megan Megan Markle. Oh, Meghan Markle, Harry's wife. Yes, okay, yes, I believe Megan Markle.
Speaker 1: In terms of the royals ranks, just ahead of Andrew.
Speaker 3: What's the do you have like a percentage or is it just the ranking? You know?
Speaker 1: Actually the Andrews. It's so small. I can't it doesn't rate never mind, no, no, no, forget it, forget it again. Yeah, it's so small. The color they have on what his his favorability rating is it's.
Speaker 3: Non Existen doesn't have like a negative in front of.
Speaker 1: Him negatives ninety two. He has a ninety two negative.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, hers is sixty five.
Speaker 1: Her favorability rating is twenty two and just thirteen. Don't up a damn Yeah. Above that, you go with a princess, Eugenie Eugenie, and then Beatrice Beatrice, and then you got Harry.
Speaker 3: Why are the daughters of Andrew?
Speaker 1: So maybe they get covered differently over there? We don't see them a lot here and talk about I don't know the sense of the father.
Speaker 2: Should I would perhaps should maybe they just transfer onto his offspring because man, they look like him. Maybe it's hard to separate it because don't don't you think they look so much like Andrew and not that much like Fergie.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Actually, I think one looks like I don't know which is which I don't keep.
Speaker 2: One of them looks like I'm like, one looks like I see Andrew's face completely.
Speaker 3: In that, and that's got to be tough.
Speaker 1: So after that, yes, you got Harry and then above Harry Queen cameo. Does that make sense? Wow?
Speaker 3: Because she was the other woman she used to be.
Speaker 2: She should actually embrace Harry and Megan because they are boosting her up on that list because she was not.
Speaker 3: I mean, things have changed a lot in the years, but.
Speaker 2: My god, she's suffered greatly with pr and public sentiment.
Speaker 1: So they're going back robes, and we wonder how Megan's going to be received, Harry being received When they're right and Harry's favorability is a thirty three percent that for a president, you would go, holy hell, it's terrible reelected.
Speaker 3: They said it ticked up slightly after this.
Speaker 1: I do remember him being closer to the bottom with his wife. Correct, she hasn't ticked up.
Speaker 3: She is not because they don't like that.
Speaker 2: She wasn't there in London and she refused to come and she met them outside of London. So look, there's an opportunity when you're that low. I guess they could go on, you can't below Andrew, you can't, oh oh on.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's the threat rolls, but the threat of her going lower. What if people receive this that way that oh, she's just coming back here because she has an acting opportunity. This is an American woman and for a lot of folks there, this isn't a black American woman, a.
Speaker 3: Divorced black American woman.
Speaker 1: Add that to the way, did we continue? Who is self serving? Who cause these two boys to not these boys we adore to fall out? These two don't even talk anymore.
Speaker 3: She's the rift that divides them.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this now, is this going to be Harry and Megan's next problem? That the most popular royals in terms of favorability at seventy six and seventy four are William and Kate. And that's not surprising if the public adores those two.
Speaker 3: They have some kissing up to do. They have some making up to do.
Speaker 2: And look, there are a lot of reports that Camilla and William especially are so angry at what Harry wrote about them in Spare and that that is going to be.
Speaker 3: Almost insurmountable.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe they can obviously get better than where they are now, but in terms of total forgiveness and a welcome hug back into the family at Christmas time, that might be pushing things a little bit too out there.
Speaker 1: In print, that's something about that reads you can't take that back, you can't like make it do another interview like a follow up tweet, you can't do that.
Speaker 3: He aired their dirty laundry and it's there for all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but yeah, well when I watch, I don't know. I've never seen suits. To be honest, I've never seen her act I.
Speaker 3: Haven't watched either.
Speaker 2: But funny enough, Ava, who is an aspiring actress and she could be critical. She was like, honestly, mom, she's good like and so it made me want to maybe even watch, but I would be So this is going to be exciting to see if we get to actually watch her in action.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Netflix where she had this the deal that didn't go the way she wanted it to the fact that it's Netflix, they already have a relationship with her, They already know what it's like to work with her, So it sounds like it could be the perfect entrance back into doing what she loves.
Speaker 1: This is amazing. I wonder what roll and what it would be, what it would look like, and also do you have to I mean roll, you're a you are a royal. Can you only take certain types of roles doing certain types of things? Yes, she's going to be executing people. Is she going to be a seductress. Is she going to I mean thinking about that?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: This is great now okay, now I got it. Now I'm here for it now. All right, folks, just want to hop on because we had thoughts. I'm sure you do too. We appreciate you as always. On t j on behalf of my dear Amy Robock. We'll talk to you, als,