Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast through lo Hey, it's Delilah. Today, we're going to mash up a bunch of great callers, some from the past, some new, some old, all of them fabulous. Good evening. Thank you for your patience.
Speaker 2: Who is this Thissus Barbara? I am so incredibly happy to talk with you.
Speaker 1: Welcome aboard, Happy New Year. How are you tonight?
Speaker 2: I am very well. I'm so excited. I've been trying to call you since.
Speaker 1: May Wow, and tonight was the night that God said it is your lucky night. Maybe you should go buy a lottery ticket after we hang up.
Speaker 2: That well, that's a good plan.
Speaker 1: What can I do for you tonight?
Speaker 2: I have a request I would like to make. It's for an incredibly amazing woman. She is a huge, huge blessing to thousands of people, and she has been for many years. She just brightens people's days and gives them good advice and makes them smile and helps them through sad times and difficult nights. And she is just such an incredible blessing. And I would like to make a request for her. Would you like the name of this incredible person. Sure, her name is Delilah.
Speaker 1: Thank you. You know how grateful I am to be alive right now and to be doing what I love to do at night. I love being here. I love being on the air as much today as I did when I started in the seventies. I'm so fortunate that I get to be here at night, a part of your life, a part of your story, a part of your families, a part of your journeys, and hopefully bringing that light, bringing God's light into the darkness, because the darker the night, the brighter the stars.
Speaker 2: That's right. And you definitely are God's gifts to us.
Speaker 1: You're a gift to me. Thank you, Barbara. Let me play that song and you have a beautiful twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Delilah.
Speaker 1: Hi, good evening, Welcome to the Delilah Shall Who was this?
Speaker 3: My name's Russ. How are you, Delilah?
Speaker 1: Russ? I'm wonderful, Happy New Year? How are you?
Speaker 3: Happy New Year? I'm great.
Speaker 1: What can I do for you? Russ?
Speaker 3: I just wanted to tell you I've been listening to you since I was fourteen.
Speaker 1: You sound like you're a little bit older than fourteen now, Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 3: I'm forty four now. But I just wanted to give a shout out to my son who's eighteen and I got one this twenty one. He just got a CDL and we're actually going to be teaming together soon, so that's going to be exciting. But the other one just graduated early and he's going to college soon.
Speaker 1: How fun to see the country with your son?
Speaker 3: Yes, he likes it too, so it's going to be an adventure.
Speaker 1: Do you have your own rig?
Speaker 3: No? I mean we drive for a company. So he's in training now. I trained him for five weeks and he's going with someone else soon.
Speaker 1: What can I play for you and your whole family?
Speaker 3: Dad, I'm gonna let you choose something because I can go on and on about listening to you, and I got other things i'd like to talk about too, but I take up way too much of your time, Delilah. It's a pleasure finally getting through to you because I've been reaching out for years.
Speaker 1: Feel free while since you made it through's rue. Tell me what's on your heart. If there's someone special, I mean your kids are special obviously, is there there is something you want to brag about, like lay it and put it all out here.
Speaker 3: My kids first. In my life, I've been married and divorced twice. I was in the Navy ten years. I've lived a life that I'm not proud of, but it's just one of those things that you live and learn.
Speaker 1: Are you making better choices today?
Speaker 3: Yes? Absolutely, Yes. I've always tried to be the best ro model for my kids and I just never have settled down with one person. That's what I'm trying to get at. I haven't been with anybody in three or four years, and I've just driven the semi and taken care of life and I don't even think about it. I'm still taking care of the kids.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds like you tried to settle down more than once, but for whatever reason that that didn't happen. Who knows. Maybe this will be the year that God will bring you forever love.
Speaker 3: Maybe so I'm not even looking forward, Delilah, and I know that that's when that comes to you, but I'm not even looking right now.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to play a song for you and your family and you have a beautiful new year. Thank you for calling.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: God, bless God, bless you. Hello, good evening, Welcome to the Delilah Show. Who is this? Hi?
Speaker 4: My name is Nicki.
Speaker 1: Hi Niki, Welcome to the Delilah Show. What can I do for you?
Speaker 4: Hi? My girlfriend and I just made three years and I was wondering if you could play Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac for us.
Speaker 1: How do you know about Fleetwood Macs Everywhere?
Speaker 4: Well, that's our favorite song. That's our song that we love to listen to, and we think about each other when we hear it because we truly just want to be with each other everywhere.
Speaker 1: That song came out when your mother was in high school.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, we were also just talking about how we both grew up listening to you. We're in our thirties now, but we both grew up listening to you. And it's just an honor to be able to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Uh, thank you, Thank you for listening. Thank you for loving great music, because anybody who loves Fleetwood Mac has great musical taste. I'm just you sound a lot younger than in your thirties. You sound like you're maybe maybe still showing your id when you you know, go to a place that serves adult beverages. But that's good because in another thirty or forty years, you'll look like you're, you know, in your thirties.
Speaker 3: I sure do, hope.
Speaker 1: So let me play that for you and Haley. You have a great night.
Speaker 4: Thank you you as well.
Speaker 1: Id welcome. What can I do for you tonight? First off, Happy New Year, Happy New.
Speaker 5: Year, Jeliah. I've listened to you since I was in my mid twenties. I'm much older now, much.
Speaker 1: Older, older and wiser, hopefully.
Speaker 5: I believe I am if you were.
Speaker 1: Half the knucklehead that I was in my twenties, aren't you glad you're not there anymore?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm going to tell you why I am and I am not. I am glad I'm not there, But I'm met somebody much younger much. It's an odd thing, but you know, sometimes they're mature people that are much younger. And it's a little hard sometimes thinking about this person because you know, I mean, it is what it is. I can't not think about it. But I'm older, and.
Speaker 1: So what if he's over the age of twenty one? What difference does it make?
Speaker 5: Oh, he's much older than that, But.
Speaker 1: So why do you care? What difference does it make.
Speaker 5: I don't care what society thinks. I think I care that he needs to experience different things, and I don't want to take that away.
Speaker 1: Does he want to be with you? Seems so so you're deciding what you think is best for him.
Speaker 5: I feel that sometimes right.
Speaker 1: But if he's not, if he's saying no, those things are not what's important to me. Being connected to you and my heart is what's important to me.
Speaker 5: You're right, but you know, Ja, sometimes what we think and what happens doesn't always equal.
Speaker 1: Stop. Give yourself permission to just let this unfold the way that God wants it to.
Speaker 5: Thank you God, I appreciate your great words, and if you can pick something, I.
Speaker 1: Will pick something wonderful. Give yourself permission to enjoy, love and enjoy.
Speaker 5: Have a great year, and are wonderful even.
Speaker 1: If you thank you byebye. I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday On Ay, It's Delilah,