Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: And you know, we get all the credit for all these second dates going viral, for them charting on the top comedy podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but really it's our listeners and they're terrible dating decisions that we have to think. Yes. Yeah, and the people who ghost people.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, your toxicity has made us so funny.
Speaker 1: Yes, man, don't forget.
Speaker 2: We do have forty five more minutes of this. We've got a full show over on the Brook and Jeffrey main feed. If you like it, follow that one as well, and let's get into your second date.
Speaker 4: Second date up dates broke out.
Speaker 3: Of all the men that you've lured and seduced, God, how many of them have gotten up and walked away mid hookup?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Or did they all suffer through it to the bitter end?
Speaker 1: No, they all suffered through it. One did dump me right after midnight on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 2: Oh, that one hurt because I was too drunk to drive home, so I had to sleep on the couch until the next morning, which is.
Speaker 1: All embarrassing because he lived all so with his brother. It was just it was embarrassing, but responsible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure you hook up again.
Speaker 1: We woke up. It's a little bit we didn't.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is way too much information and too deep of a dive into brooks sad past. So I only was asking because our listener today, Lindsay said in her email she's feeling confused after her date ended awkwardly, just as things were starting to heat up romantically.
Speaker 1: And I bet she feels better after hearing my pathetic story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably, Lindsay, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: I you feel better, but also like, oh gosh, this is so weird and I'm embarrassing and confusing.
Speaker 1: Well, don't feel bad about it, all the words people love to use in dating.
Speaker 3: Yes, and after we hear your story, I'm sure Brooke will share some of her real life advice then probably even have some video evidence of guys sprinting away from her house, so that way you'll feel really good about yourself. Now, tell us about this guy that you hung out with the other day.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I met this guy on a dating app up. His name is Damon, and we totally hit it off on our banter. He had a great sense of humor and I was really happy because we didn't text for like a crazy amount of time. It was just like, okay, why don't we meet up? And we ended up meeting at a bar, just as simple like a drink at a bar. It was it was great, Yeah, this.
Speaker 1: All sounds fantastic. What was it like when you first saw him?
Speaker 5: It was good. He looked like his pictures. And then it was actually kind of fun because literally, like fifteen minutes after we get to this bart starts handing us whiteboards and dry erasers and it turns out that it was trivia night.
Speaker 1: Oh my white style.
Speaker 4: Ran done that I actually had. That happened to me once.
Speaker 3: Me and my buddies were at a bar and all of a sudden, like people cart to cover with pencils and we're like, oh, I feel like.
Speaker 1: That's how I've ended up every turn really busy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well we decided to stay. I mean I in my mind I was like, oh, this is kind of a nice, little like ice raker. Something was fun. And then it turned out that the questions were very hard. They always yeah, where we drew the line, it was like the square root of sixteen, and both of us were like, we're so horrible at math.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember.
Speaker 1: It's pretty man. I mean that did math shame you? But at least you guys are on the same page, I said, yeah.
Speaker 3: Just relationships shaming her, so keep going.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 5: We were on the same page because neither of us knew it, so instead we just drew a square around the number.
Speaker 3: Well did they accept that as a correct answer?
Speaker 4: That's funny.
Speaker 5: Now, not only did they not accept it, they took our whiteboards away because they thought we weren't taking it.
Speaker 1: Seriously, dude, you got trivia shame.
Speaker 4: But you guys were being silly.
Speaker 3: You were having fun with it, and you got kicked out.
Speaker 2: Yes, way better than up on a day with someone who takes trivia two serious?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ok yeah, So where'd you guys go after that?
Speaker 5: Well? Yeah, then obviously we had to pivot a little bit, and he very casually basically said, well, look, I live really close to her. If you want, you could just come to my place and maybe we can just watch a movie or something.
Speaker 1: Oh did he when he said movie?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: But I would that have worked on you, Brooke?
Speaker 1: No? But everybody okay, okay, honest more questions.
Speaker 4: That was on me.
Speaker 5: Okay, So yeah, we get to his place, we watch a movie, it was some action movie that I don't even remember the name. I don't know. I had a couple of drinks and then I was really feeling it, so I actually initiated things.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's your move to go in for it?
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, I mean.
Speaker 4: Just throw yourself out.
Speaker 1: I think she probably just kissed him. I think that that's all.
Speaker 4: Women don't really need to move.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yes, I was just we were just okay, we were just kissing.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, yeah you're judging no matter what, we're looking for advice.
Speaker 5: Anyway, things did start heating up, and then the second that they got a little bit hotter, his mood completely changed and things just sort of stopped.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Do you know why?
Speaker 5: No idea so much so that I asked him like, hey, are you okay? Is everything okay? He's like, yeah, yeah, everything's.
Speaker 3: Fine, and then he started crying. Was that just me postok up?
Speaker 1: Honestly, the first thing that comes to my mind is that he's cheating.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Like you're saying that he felt guilty mid act?
Speaker 4: Yes, and so do you give him credit for lee stopping?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I was thinking he was ready, Like if I don't shave my legs and then like something you know.
Speaker 1: That stops you. But I think about it.
Speaker 3: Lizzy, did you get that vibe from Damon that maybe he felt guilty about another woman?
Speaker 5: To be honest, I didn't even think about that. His place didn't give me the vibe that there was someone else like living there with him. I don't know at that point I could tell something shifted. I don't know, He's like, oh, it's fine. I'm thinking in my head, like fine, what I mean you have a girl like making out with you like and thinks they are going so great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So that was was at the end of the night.
Speaker 5: Then Yeah, I basically just finished my drink and I left. And now ever since then, I haven't heard from him, and I don't I don't want to seem like the needy one to be texting him.
Speaker 3: No, let us be the needy ones that are on the radio. Yeah, we'll take all the blame for you. When we come back, we'll call Damon and try and get you a second date update and finish what you two started on the couch that night right here on the radio.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 5: I mean, it sounds kind of weird the way you say it, but.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, we promise to listen. Hold on what second date update?
Speaker 3: Two dummies walk into a bar on trivia and sounds like the setup to a joke, But it's what actually happened, and I'm not the one calling them dummies, Lindsay said herself. The trivia that night was just way too hard, so hard that they decided to ditch the bar and went back to Damon's place instead.
Speaker 1: There's definitely some math teachers listening that are shaming you on the textboar.
Speaker 4: The square rod of sixteen. That is a hard one, I think.
Speaker 3: But just when things were about to get hot and heavy, Damon put the brakes on and that's where things kind of ended awkwardly, which is the big mystery.
Speaker 4: We still don't know why he did that.
Speaker 3: It's been floated around that maybe he could be a cheater and felt really guilty halfway through.
Speaker 1: Because they are starting the kissing, and maybe.
Speaker 3: He forgot to hit record on the camera and decided it wasn't worth throwing through it. I'm just saying it's happened to me before. But our goal today is figure this out. Why did he stop it? So that she can either get another day or at least get closure on what happened that night. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, lindsay, you sound really hopeful about this guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I really really liked him. We had a great time to be honest with you before that happened. That was probably one of the best first states I've had.
Speaker 1: Like, truly, we gotta get we gotta fix it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm like really kind of running in through my mind about what you said about him.
Speaker 3: Push your fine. I'm sure whatever the real reason is is ten times worse. And whatever your thinking, it's always good to overthink.
Speaker 4: No, No, definitely.
Speaker 1: Poor girl's anxiety.
Speaker 3: I king, but it's still well, let's get an answer or put you out of your misery whatever it is.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get on his phone number right now so hopefully he picks up. Here we go.
Speaker 3: All right, Hello, Hey, looking to talk with Damon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, who was this?
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey day.
Speaker 4: We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 6: What's up calling me for a radio show? What's up with this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're We do a segment on our show it's called a second Date Update, and that's where we try to help out listeners who've gone out with someone recently. They had a really good time, but they aren't getting that second meet up, and this woman is trying to figure out why that happened.
Speaker 1: Do you have any ideas who we're referring to.
Speaker 6: I don't already play games with the radio or nothing like that, but I have no clue who you're talking about.
Speaker 4: It's not a game we do have.
Speaker 3: We do have segments where we do games, and we can have you on for that later if you'd lie.
Speaker 6: He doesn't do it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think he's good at trivia. I remember Square sixteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we heard that trivia is in your strong thing. But this is more just about helping out our listener, Lindsey.
Speaker 4: Uh, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So she called us and she told us about your guys' hangout the other night.
Speaker 1: And sounds awesome. It sounds like it was a great night.
Speaker 4: You guys kicked out of a bar together. That's like a bonding experience.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, yeah, I mean we hung out. I mean I don't know everything that she told you, but I mean.
Speaker 4: We heard about the bar trivia.
Speaker 3: She said that you were one of the funniest guys that she's been out with in a long time. Yeah, but afterwards she left your place having kind of more questions in her mind than answers.
Speaker 6: Oh really I got questions too, right O you too?
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 4: I don't hear that.
Speaker 1: Okay, she was really into you.
Speaker 6: Well, we had fun playing trivia and all that, but she started kissing me. You know, we were watching a movie and she started kissing on me, like doing one of the best scenes Bad Boys, the.
Speaker 1: Original Bad Boys, the Will Smith.
Speaker 6: Origin, the Original Bad Boy. Okay, it was the first movie. It was the first movie there were two black lead actors in Hollywood. Thought it would never work, and it was one of the best.
Speaker 1: It's a great un But you were watching a movie to actually watch the movie.
Speaker 2: You were watching a movie to lead to the kissing part, right, Like, that's what you're doing it.
Speaker 6: Listen. It was the good part of the movie. It was a really good part of the movie.
Speaker 3: Movie you've seen a million times, so don't.
Speaker 2: Care about you don't pause, but it exists if you really want, that's why you stop the makeout session.
Speaker 6: This action packed movie and here's she is trying to get action with me.
Speaker 2: You are the first man that I think I've ever heard has been upset about something like that.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, like, she just had an opportunity to get to know me.
Speaker 1: But listen, why didn't you just tell her like she made me to know that.
Speaker 3: Like if you me is what he's saying. Is this something that you discussed with her before putting the movie on, that this is a really important film and that you really want her to watch it.
Speaker 6: No, I mean no, I didn't. I didn't say that, but like during the part of the movie, in the middle of movie, I was like, Yo, this was really good. You have to really to this part.
Speaker 1: See, Oh you talked in the middle of the movie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean she was kissing upon you know what I mean, regular gisses. These are French kisses. These are you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Okay, some ladies just don't know that eyes need to stay on the screen during this timesses.
Speaker 4: Okay, Look, I don't think it was malicious.
Speaker 3: I don't think that Lindsay was was trying to like shove something in your face and say she doesn't care about your movies.
Speaker 4: She just really liked you. And you can let Lindsay tell you that.
Speaker 3: Because she's on the other line right now wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Don't it's a good.
Speaker 3: Part, okay, yeah, I mean she is actually on the other line right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Hi, Hey, I didn't know you was listening, but I mean you get my feeling though. I mean, you know what we talked about and how I kept trying to talk to you about it.
Speaker 5: Here. I just want to make so you're really like ghosting me. Wait, I'm just trying to figure this out. You you we had such a great date and then the reason why now you've decided to leave me hanging is because I started making out with you and your favorite part of the movie.
Speaker 6: You know what, it's not a movie. It's it's Bad Boys. It's Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. That's Bad Boys. And then you are trying to just make out with me and not really pay attention to the movie.
Speaker 5: Like really, I mean, listen, I was really into you, and I wasn't quite focused on anything else but you. I thought you would be like over the moon with that.
Speaker 6: We can watch get on Me. To get into me is to get into the movie.
Speaker 3: If you really liked him, you would take an interest in the things that he is interested in.
Speaker 1: Isn't this like a refreshing flip. You know, honestly, doesn't this feel good to have a worse problem? Say that he really wants to share his passion with you.
Speaker 6: That's all I want.
Speaker 5: I meant, if that's really what you wanted, you could have said so, and then we could have said you had to tell you right now.
Speaker 6: You know, I wasn't giving you tongue back. I was trying to watch.
Speaker 5: I've never had a date like this ever before in my life.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And I think you mean that in a good way, because most guys aren't like Damon. He's one of a kind. He's kind of the opposite of a bad boy. He's a good one.
Speaker 5: Like it was that bad that that took precedence over how much fun we had before that.
Speaker 6: Listen, we had fun, but I want to get to know you too. But you need to get to know me.
Speaker 1: And you're not listening, Lizzie. It wasn't bad at all. It just was part of it.
Speaker 3: No matter how weird unusual that might sound. That's from the heart.
Speaker 1: It is a great movie if you pay attention, it is, Lindsay.
Speaker 3: Is there any way that you could see past this miscommunication that happened? Damon he wants to be intimate with you, just pause the movie or wait till it's done.
Speaker 6: No, no, you're not pausing a movie. You watch it all the way through.
Speaker 3: Okay, well once, once the credits roll, then the clothes can come off.
Speaker 4: So okay, okay?
Speaker 3: Is that something that you could see yourself being open to, Lindsay, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, if I haven't already offended him enough, I don't know. I just did such a bad job getting to know him.
Speaker 4: That's a fair point.
Speaker 1: That's fair sarcastic right now?
Speaker 5: Of course?
Speaker 4: Are you me well? Sounds like that's a yes from Lindsay for another date.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm just reading in between the lines of what she said. A damon, are you willing to look past all of her flaws and give her one more chance to watch Bad Boys all the way through without interruption?
Speaker 6: You know what? That's gonna be a nover me because she still don't name of the movie? What's the name of the movie?
Speaker 5: I've heard it now? Bad Boys, one, two, and three?
Speaker 6: Sorry, Will Smith?
Speaker 3: And this girl, where are the respectful women in this society?
Speaker 4: This goes out to you, damon.
Speaker 3: The best movie trilogy of all time? Will Smith and Martin Lawrence.
Speaker 4: Remember the name Lindsay Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Wow, the Internet is right. Men really are more sensitive nowadays.
Speaker 1: I love it. I think that it should be celebrated. Good on you all women.
Speaker 3: Women just don't understand that men don't want cheap, easy hookups. They want a lady who appreciates their Netflix action movie watch lists. It's timing, No, no, no, That's all we care about is our Netflix watch listen. And but woman isn't willing to do that and take that journey with us, then hit the bricks.
Speaker 1: What's your movie?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Okay, I I don't.
Speaker 3: Care if you've got a perfect ten body in.
Speaker 4: The face of a Disney princess.
Speaker 3: If you don't know who Martin Lawrence is, then you are not right with us.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is that for you too? Because I feel like yours is going to be more like West Side Story or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm snapping my way out of the road.
Speaker 4: Don't you dare musical? Shame me? Okay, but I will say Lindsey was right.
Speaker 3: Damon was actually really funny, and I hope that I hope we talked to him again in a future.
Speaker 4: Second day, I think it.
Speaker 1: Still could have worked out.
Speaker 2: If she would have just been like I'm sorry, Yeah, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: She had to double down and not appreciate bad boys for the genius that I mean.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it was not knowing Martin Lawrence's name that did her.
Speaker 3: As disappointed there, and don't disappoint us any further. Make sure you go check out all of our second dates. They're up online. It's trending worldwide right now. Yeah, top twenty comedy podcasts in America. Brook and Jeffrey's second Date update. Go listen, subscribe, and show some damn respect from Martin Lawrence in the comments.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning