Speaker 1: The wickedly talented Adela Zeem. It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: I'm one more thing.
Speaker 1: Or whatever it was that John Travolta family see said at the award show.
Speaker 2: And I think he was Adell does Eem and he was.
Speaker 1: Talking about Iggy Azalea. Wasn't he No, No, he wasn't no.
Speaker 2: Uh a, Dina Manzelle.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it doesn't make a difference to my premise here. This is just another hard to pronounce name that I don't know. Iggy Azalea is the number one Only Fans model currently is a musician of some sort. I don't know what she does on Only Fans. She makes nine point two million dollars a month.
Speaker 2: A month.
Speaker 1: The age we're living in is like the gold Rush and someone. I mean, it just it seems like the the the supply and demand can't continue it the way it is. It's just it's so new. Things haven't shaken out, because at some point, I think things got to shake out, don't they. There's no reason one young hot chick makes nine point two million dollars a month when there are unlimited young hot chicks. I mean, at some point I would think that that's not really what I was My main focus was going to be I was going to talk about this person here.
Speaker 2: I just to answer that. I think it would have happened already. There are undeniably few women. It reminds me in a weird way of like the world of podcasting.
Speaker 1: Which always got to teak about here in a second.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, interesting if similar dynamics. You've gotta be good at it or like sexually attractive or whatever. You've got to be willing to put the time and effort into it, such as it is laying around in your underwear or committing various acts or whatever. And then you've got to be known. And that's why you know, like they're Joe Rogan, who's got you know, a very good podcast. Well it's very popular, so self evidently it's it's good to a lot of people. Well, he was also the host of Fear Factor and a big mma guy. He had a built in magnet, he had a built in name and everything. And so it is in the hottie industry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so here's one of your hotties. She doesn't do anything other than like wear tight clothing and occasionally bikinis. She's a virgin and a devout Christian who goes to mass regularly. But for whatever reason, she caught on. Her name is Sophie Rain and she last year or this is how much money she has made so far. This is her total net worth at this point. She's twenty years old. Started this when she was eighteen. She has a net worth of just over eighty million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I remember when she first came.
Speaker 1: And she doesn't radar screen and she's attractive, but she is not I'll see five more attractive women today today, just going to the mall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you got the wrong picture. Well I'm looking at it, built like a brick out house.
Speaker 1: You gotta go to the mall more often. So are lots of people, that's my point. Yeah, so are lots of people. I just don't understand them all. I just don't know one catches on over another. I really really don't get it. But clearly they do. Eighty million dollars. She's twenty years old. She doesn't even do anything.
Speaker 2: Really, no, she just well she sells the vision of the version the Virgin Horror. That's like timeless. I am pure and innocent. I am not a tran pep will not get a disease from me, but I will do anything with you anything. It's like the greatest male fantasy in the history of the world. I guess.
Speaker 1: I mean that's true. How that translates to this, I don't quite get. But including one guy who gave her four million dollars last year, one rich guy, for doing nothing really other than wearing the color bikini he wants her to wear.
Speaker 2: I guess now that I really don't.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been to a beach, sir, so just the Oh yeah, there's an example. I was just in Miami South Beach. There's lots of girls that look like her, They're all over the place. But she's got a brand, built brand. How you become the name that somebody would search he on, that's its own magic. I guess, yeah, you know, I suppose lots of show businesses is that way. There's lots of bands that sound the same white as one pop up and the other one doesn't. Is always been a bit of a mystery. But I was going to get to this article that was in the New York Times yesterday about how pop podcasting has gone video to such a certain extent and all my favorite podcasts, including ours soon have now put cameras in there so you can watch also, And there's just so much demand for watching the podcast that you had been listening to. Lex Friedman does it now, Joe Rogan's been doing it forever. Commentary Magazine. I listened their podcast. They got cameras now and you can watch them on YouTube. I never have I have no need to see them saying the things they're saying while I listened to them to talk, but a lot of you do apparently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm surprised by this, I've gotta admit, because just the way I take in audio entertainment, it wouldn't make any sense to be watching it because I'm walking or driving or doing housework or whatever.
Speaker 1: I used to think that. But the first radio show that was regularly on television that I was aware of was Imus way back in the day, and he was on MSNBC in the morning. Famously got fired. They hired Joe Scarborough is a fill in, and the rest is but uh Imus was on in the morning, and like sometimes they'd say something and I would come out of my I'm listening to it. I'd come out of the bathroom and walk down the Hall and like zap back to watch them say it for some reason. I'm not exactly even sure why myself, but videos of podcasters and so we're testing our cameras today or tomorrow to get that going too. I'm not excited about it, but if we get some more listeners slash viewers, it's obviously a good idea.
Speaker 2: Hanson said, I have to be shirtless. Well, that's how we're tying into the whole only fans thing, Michael. We're trying to harness both of those dynamics at once.
Speaker 1: It's out of the box one thing that COVID did, and maybe just the ubiquity of video casts, there doesn't seem to be much of a demand for lighting being fantastic or you're wearing certain clothes or having makeup. Because there's Joe Rogan doesn't obviously doesn't care at all how he looks. The lighting is terrible. He's sitting there in a sweatshirt. He looks like he hasn't watched his I mean, he didn't care, and he's a he makes it whatever. He made three hundred million dollars on his deal. Well, and you've commented that his news breaks.
Speaker 2: Halpern will hold these rodeos where various thinkers commentators will get together and comment in real time, which is really cool. But a lot of the times they're sitting there on the same T shirt they worked out in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with headphones on and bad lighting. So Ryan caring about that has gone out the window.
Speaker 2: Well, normally you'd be trucked down to Manhattan, I mean back in the day. Oh yeah, Literally you had to be there in the studio wearing a suit with makeup on your face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they would fly you in if they're going to have you on the show. And then it became popular for a while to have these mobile studios that would come around. It was just a van with a tiny little set in it, and they could come to your place of work or your home. You'd go out and sit in the van with the proper lighting, in the proper set and the makeup person. But that's just nobody needs that anymore, so that was all unnecessary, apparently, Jack was it? Is this the slopifying of a America? Or is it just that the ideas are what counts? I mean, like that, I came across I shared a couple of things on the show today.
Speaker 2: I thought we're very smart, persuasive ideas, And if the guy expressing that was on like it was wearing like an ill fitting golf shirt, I wouldn't diminish the idea in the least to me.
Speaker 1: No, well, or nor the reverse. Somebody who's got nothing to say. Being good looking with perfect makeup and perfect air does nothing for me.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's the falling away of that sort of pretense, which would be great.
Speaker 1: That's got to be a good thing, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: I don't have a big problem with it. No, no, because I think a lot of that pretense and you see it in politics still. I mean, why do they all wear the damn blue suit and the red tie and the flag pin and the all got the same damn haircut, A lot of them doing the rest of it. It's all pretense. Yeah, you know, I think being average looking makes you more relatable.
Speaker 1: Well, then I should be damned relatable.
Speaker 2: I should be favorable guys on her, the every man. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got to be bad use for eventually, for hot young chicks wanting to get into TV. If it just doesn't matter, maybe that will be the last boice matter.
Speaker 2: Back to our previous discussion.
Speaker 1: Ah, there you go. That'll be the last holdout having a young hotty do your weather for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: You know, that's I shouldn't admit this. It's a point of personal cowardice. No, it's probably not cowardice. But you remember back in the day when there were a handful of lawsuits female newscasters sued because they were fired in favor of younger hotties. Yeah, and we were on the side of Look, it's show business. I mean, if they think somebody else is going to get more clicks, more views, whatever, you're in show business. You're not the you know, the production manager at GM or something, fired in favor of a hotter girl with the bigger boobs or something. You're in the Look how attractive. I am business. And I know a gal. She's a friend, the wife of a friend who was involved in some of that stuff. By the way, brilliant woman, like, intimidatingly smart, great reporter, I mean researcher again, intimidatingly smart and tough. And I haven't had that conversation with her.
Speaker 1: Do you think she's on the other side.
Speaker 2: Of the argument.
Speaker 1: Oh she was, No, she sued, Oh she's smart. Of those lawsuits, that's nuts. There's no justifying that. I don't care how damn smart you are. It's ridiculous. It's ridiculous. It's like saying, sorry, Nirvana, you can't be a band. Synthesizers are a thing and we can't change.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I didn't know. That's a poor metaphor. And I'll tell you why. She sees her job as being a reporter and anchor. The network is like, yeah, that we need you to do that. But you're a pretty thing for people to look at. Well, that's part of your job.
Speaker 1: Did she win or lose?
Speaker 2: I don't remember how it ended, honestly. I remember Christine Kraft. She was the first to sue in California.
Speaker 1: Right, how maybe maybe I alter my metaphor slightly. You're a band that was very, very popular, but now you've gotten a little older and people aren't as interested in you anymore.
Speaker 2: All right, So is it is it show business or is it a production job? That's the that's the problem that what happened. That's like the conundrum.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it be easy to get around by saying I hired you in the first place because you were so hot. There was a number of people that could do the reporting you do. I hired you because you're the hottest one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, the government has never come to terms with that. Where does show business turn into journalism? How would you fire a newspaper columnist in favor of a younger hot of course, not right.
Speaker 1: Unless they're going on MSNBC or going on the cable news channels and getting lots of attention for my my newspaper.
Speaker 2: Which I'm not trying to be obtuse here. I'm just saying it's difficult to draw the line where that becomes age discrimination.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you one place you can draw the line easily.
Speaker 2: Weather.
Speaker 1: Anybody could do the freaking weather. They're just reading it from a computer, so that's got no talent whatsoever. They're always going to go with the younger otter one that.
Speaker 2: Goes to the Supreme Court. Nine oh, Catanji Brown Jackson high five and Scalia these types meant, not scal high five and the Gorsic Yeah nine O ruling. Well, I guess that's it.