Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data on Tipstadovek.
Speaker 3: Along with Carol Masser, we're joined by Bloomberg TV Markets correspondent Nora Melinda, Nora, what is on your radar this afternoon?
Speaker 4: Intel said to seek an Apple investment as part of its comeback bid. Of course, we know the US just weeks ago announcing that it was going to have about ten percent stake here in the company. Intel is just really just trying to grapple with all the challenges that it's been facing as it really intends to compete with a lot of the companies out there that are really betting on AI. Not seeing too much activity here and shares of Intel, let's take our I INTC or Apple AAPL in the after hours trade. But we're gonna have to hang in there and see what happens at market open tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: I think what I find so interesting about this, Nora, is it's like, why would Apple make an investment such as this? And Ryan was on our program and he made the point. You know, Tim Cook made this commitment at the White House that the company would invest hundreds of billions of dollars in the United States and this could potentially be part of that investment.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I mean absolutely, I think that we're going to have to see if this is a part of it. But I mean the fact that he laid out that prior and then we're just thinking about everyone really wanting to bet on home grown manufacturing here as we're trying to beef up all of our AI progress here. I mean, you're really seeing a lot of different entities coming and rallying behind Intel, and you're definitely seeing Wall Street starting to pour some cash into the company. So we'll have to see how this deal in particular progresses and what this relationship would potentially look like between Apple and Intel.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny too when we look up at Intel, you look at the HDS function on the Bloomberger test to do with investors holdings who have the biggest Well, it's black Rock and Vanguard one and two, but United States of America that's the number three, so biggest investor in Intel. Hey, speaking about the government investing into companies, I want to jump ahead to lithium America's take our lac. That is something that we've been talking about. This one took off like a rocket.
Speaker 4: Did take off like a rocket, as you're calling out there, ended ninety five percent higher at the closing bell. I'm just blown away by that percentage right now. So this is a Vancouver based lithium manufacturer. It focuses on batteries and other things of the sort. It's about one point four billion dollars in market cap, but made some big moves here as we saw at the closing bell. As you mentioned, you know, we've been talking about steaks and the government taking stakes and multiple companies here. So the Trump administration is pursuing a steak here in this company. This happened during a renegotiation of a two point three billion dollar loan that was extended from a Department of Energy here. So as to really think about the government take putting its presence and taking steaks in multiple companies is a perfect read through there from Intel and now over here to Lithium Maria. Lots to keep an eye on here.
Speaker 3: Okay, what else you got your eye on this afternoon? You said, lots of keep your eye on. We're going to get a fourth from you. I think, yes, think it's a special day. Specially what's the.
Speaker 4: Fourth well ending on a green note, on a good note here AAR Corp. This is an aerospace and defence company in that sector there, so essentially it is a provider of a lot of the aviation services and manufacturing there. It's about three billion dollars based in Illinois here. But it boosted its organic sales growth outlook after posting first quarter results that topped expectation. So coming out of those results that beat what the market was expecting. Here it's saying, hey, we have a better outlook look ahead when we think about sales growth here for the company, one hundred percent of Wall Street is saying by that's according to the A and R page that we have here on the Bloomberry terminal, about five analysts saying to buy the stock.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of company making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.