Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with all States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Oh, welcome in episode one. What's right with Nick? Right? What a show we have for you today? I was up till two thirty in the morning. Just do your is here She will be introduced momentarilor I guess I just did. But I was up until two thirty in the morning, just buzzing off the fact of how blessed we are as sports fans that we have gotten to watch for twenty years now, the greatest athlete who has ever lived, somehow finding new heights to reach well after his prime, well after any realistic expectations. Sixty plus thousand minutes in in the same year he breaks the all time scoring record in the regular season, well after he had already broken the all time scoring record for the playoffs doing setting a career high in rebounds. I mean, we'll get to it. Also, Aaron Rodgers is traded. We will talk a little doora life stuff, whether she wants to or not. We have so many good things to discuss today. I'm telling you right now, we're probably gonna need twenty minutes on the first segment clock so much to get to. Oh yeah, and oh, by the way, Jimmy Butler drops a double nickel plus a penny to go three to one on the bucks. All that is coming up on the show. Put your comment or questions in the chat. Subscribe on YouTube. By the way, I think we're right around one hundred and ten thousand subscribers. You can also, of course subscribe on Spotify, r iTunes, you can do all of that. We would appreciate that us watching on YouTube allows you to see our awesome graphics apartment and if I'm being honest, my just gorgeous VERSACEI tennis shoes I'm wearing today. Here's what missed the up extra h today, But say it again.
Speaker 3: You're making sure extra high today.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm trying to make sure people can see it. You need to get while I'm doing this. You need to get that microphone close to your face so people can hear you better. Here's what missed the cut, the Rockets hiring email Udoka Lebron. A book by Jeff Benedict has been released which is making people wonder if book Club is coming back, and Randall Cobb signed by the Jets. That is not official, but we assume that is happening because Aaron Rodgers is now a Jet. All of that is not on the show, Deora, what is on the show today?
Speaker 3: So while Aaron Rodgers was traded to New York City, yes he was today, but somehow we aren't starting with no we're news by friend said, we'll start with your bestie Lebron, and I guess he did something pretty cool last night. He tied the game with a second left and then the Lakers won in overtime to go up three to one on Memphis. Yeah, so be honest, are you more relieved with the win or concern that the Lakers almost blew their chance to win?
Speaker 2: Well, listen, that would have been a horrible loss. They had total control of the game in the first half, and in the final three minutes of the second quarter they let Memphis back in it. Memphis went on a fourteen to one run to cut a fifteen point lead to a two point lead. And at halftime I was anxious because Memphis had played so poorly and yet they were right there, and you had to be concerned that, oh man, they're gonna start hitting some shots. Somebody is gonna get hot, and how are the Lakers going to respond, because once again Anthony Davis was just a total no show. I think he had one made field goal in the first half. In fact, I don't have to tell you. I think I can double check that to be sure. Anthony Davis in the first half. Oh no, I'm sorry, I'm wrong about that. He was zero for five in the first half. So that happens. And then the Grid not unexpectedly take a lead, and then they're up seven in the fourth and it looked like Lebron simply didn't have it. He looked gassed. It seems like the planter for schitis, which was supposed to be a season ending injury, had stolen some of his burst from him. He couldn't hit a shot. He hasn't been able to hit a three this entire series. He's now five. Well, I'll get to that. You were you were, you know, drayming counting sheep during this game. So let me paint the picture for you, my love, and explain to you why despite being five for twenty seven from three in the series, despite not having it, he was brilliant when it mattered most So Lebron didn't have it offensively, So how what was he going to do to put his imprint on the game. Well, he's gonna run the offense, played forty five minutes, had one total turnover, create open shots for others, and have a career high twenty rebounds. Career high guys played almost more games than anyone in NBA history. Has never had a twenty rebound game until last night. But that's not the story either. The story is on a night he didn't have it. When this is the critical game of the series, you go up three to one, you win ninety five percent of series NBA history. At two to two, now it's a best of three with Memphis having home court, going back to Memphis, and the Lakers look gassed and something's off with ad down two eight seconds left, ball in Lebron's hands. Is he gonna settle for a three? Is he gonna drive and kick? Gets to his right? That is really do you hear that? Do you are? That's mice running through the walls. It is? I knew you were gonna freak out.
Speaker 3: That is that is That absolutely.
Speaker 2: Is what that is. But let me get back to the Lebron thing. I knew that was gonna freak you out. That's just mice running through the walls. There's an ice cream shop next. Okay, I'm not messing with you. Okay, sure it was a chair moving, if that makes you feel better. Eight seconds left, Lebron gets to his right against the best defensive team in the Western Conference with the defensive player of the year, and tear drops it off the top of the backboard. In overtime, here we come then, actually, pre overtime, there's point eight left. Anthony Davis blocks Jommery and shot. Lebron gets the ball sixty feet from the basket. Keeves it makes it. It was after the buzzer it expired by about a second, so he makes it, but it doesn't count. We go to overtime in overtime, three point game, thirty seconds left after Lebron hit another layup over defensive play of the year Jaron Jackson Junior. He's got Dylan Brooks all professional wrestling heel Dylan Brooks chirp in all week. Lebron drives left, gets the foul and one good luck good night. Twenty two points, twenty rebounds, seven assists, two blocks, two charges taken, forty five minutes played, one turnover, and a three to one series lead. We've never ever seen anything like this. Lebron has played four playoff games in year twenty all players in league history. Where do these four games rank as far as points in a game for a player in year twenty first, second, fifth, and sixth. Kareem has to sandwiched in there. Didn't have it offensively, so he gives you twenty rebounds. Knew he was out of gas, but save just enough to make the game tying shot and then enough to make the game ceiling shot in overtime. And just for some context, because we're gonna talk some of the Lebron clutch stuff later, but this is an unbelievable stat in the last twenty five years, Lebron James in his career, but is now seven of twelve, seven of twelve. That's fifty eight percent on shots in the playoffs to tie or take the lead with one second or less remaining. Every other league MVP in the last twenty five years combined is six of twenty seven on those shots. Steph oh for one, Kobe two for six, Durant one for six. In fact, you know what, I think, it's actually worse than that because that list doesn't include Russell Westbrook. We can show it to you. It is un believable what he did last night. I'm gonna give you one other set in Kobe fans. I love and respect Kobe Bryant, but it's just the numbers. I want to make sure I have this right. Lebron James has played four career playoff games at Staples Slash Crypto. He now are five crew Buckaings. Pardon me. He has as many game games where in the playoffs where he tied or took the lead with a second remaining as Kobe did in his entire Laker career. Kobe did it one game ever, Game four of the playoffs in two thousand and six, or seven to go up three to one on Phoenix, a series they ended up actually losing. Lebron has now done it in his fifth Laker home game ever in the playoffs. Just unbelievable. Somehow, it was not the most unbelievable performance of the evening, Deora, Let's get to that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jimmy Buckets went nuclear and Milwaukee is somehow down three to one. Butler dropped a heat playoff record fifty six points. Wait, yeah, didn't Lebron play for the heat?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So he scored more than Lebron.
Speaker 2: Ever did in the playoffs. Yeah?
Speaker 3: And interesting? Interesting, No, no, no, that's all I wanted the interest a go ahead?
Speaker 2: Sorry about that?
Speaker 3: Did we just see playoff Jimmy kill the number one seed Bucks?
Speaker 2: All right? So because of what you just said, I'm gonna say because Reggie Miller said, that's the greatest heat playoff game ever, Reggie, take a deep breath, Jimmy was unbelievable. But the forty five to fifteen and ten forty five, because no one could no, I'm the forty five to fifteen and five that Lebron had with the Blueprint game Game six against the Celtics in twenty twelve, with the Eastern Armage Finals in Boston that is now. Maybe you could argue this is the best Heat playoff game in that building, but de Wade had some finals games. Lebron obviously had some games that would take issue with that. But it's an all time game and Jimmy Butler is an all time playoff performer. Jimmy Butler has zero forty point regular season games with the Heat. He now has seven forty point playoff games, fifty six points on twenty. I think what was it, twenty eight shots is just bananas. It's not supposed to happen ever, much less in the postseason, much less when the other team has Yannis. And he did it not because they were facing elimination. He did it to go up three games to one. It's just insane. It's absolutely insane what Butler did. And those of us that were saying the Heat were a scary first round team, as I didn't care what they were in the regular season. Here's what we know. They have the best coach in the NBA and Eric Spolstra, and they've got a guy who is like the twenty or twenty first or twenty second best player in the league in the regular season and then becomes a top ten guy without a doubt in the postseason without a doubt. And he deserves so much credit, man so much credit for being such so Jimmy Butler in the last four years. Here's what he's done with Miami. Three years ago in twenty twelve, which was his yes first year with Miami, drags that team to the finals. Has an all time finals game. I'm gonna give you the stat line on it because it was just an all time going blow for blow with Lebron performed in Game three of those finals, he had forty eleven and thirteen. Then, facing elimination in the finals, has thirty five twelve eleven with five steals. They end up losing Lebron in six. The next year, they get knocked out by Milwaukee in Round one, so be it. The next year, last year they're the one seed, they are injured, facing elimination Game six in Boston in the Eastern Conference Finals, he has forty seven to nine, eight and four and they win. And then in Game seven of those Eastern Conference Finals, he plays all forty eight minutes, has thirty five and nine and has a three at the end of the game. To win, and he just misses it. Thus far in this series against the number one seed Milwaukee Bucks, he is averaging thirty seven, six and five on sixty three percent shooting and fifty three percent from three. He's a playoff legend. Man. There's just no getting around it. Now. I don't think the Bucks are dead. I am very excited to see how Yannis responds. Game five at home, they one hundred percent should win. Then Game six in Miami, see what Yannis can channel, and then you would have Game seven back at home. Their backs are against the wall. Yannis is still the best player in the world. However, as some of us expected, Spolstra is coaching circles around Budenholtzer and Budenholtz be better. But that's an all time Butler game, all time. That's only I'm gonna try to do this off the top of my head, and then I'm gonna check and see if I'm right. I think the only playoff games where anyone has scored more than Jimmy's fifty six last night is Donovan Mitchell's fifty seven a couple of years ago, Elgin Baylor had sixty one once and Michael Jordan's famous sixty three point game. I'm gonna make sure that's the full list, but I'm fairly certain. Let me just go to Basketball Reference playoff leaders single game points. Yeah, Elgin, Baylor's, Jordan's sixty three, Elgin sixty one, Donovan's fifty seven, and then three other guys have had fifty six other than Jimmy, Jordan, Barkley in the best game of Barkley's care and will I. When I was doing the NBA project, I rewatched one of these Barkley games, not the fifty. Barkley had fifty six against the Warriors. That's not the game that I rewatched. I thought it was. When I'm wrong and I text Charles, I'm not really like a text relationship with him, but I couldn't help myself and told him, I just watched one of the best games I've ever seen, no Barkley. It was a Game seven against Seattle in the Western Conference Finals when we had forty four and twenty four. I think people forget what a monster peak Charles Barkley was. Jimmy Butler man playoff. Jimmy's a real thing, and he's a terrifying force to see. On the other side, of the court. All right, what's next to your Okay?
Speaker 3: So our long national nightmares finally over. Yeah, the jetson Packers finally reached a deal to trade Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Here's the details, all right, we can show the details on the screen. Let me sum these up for you, because it seems ignore the fifth and sixth round pick swaps. Here's the way to look at it, all right, because I don't think it's been explained properly. What the Packers got for Aaron Rodgers is the follower They move up two spots in the first round this year from fifteen to thirteen. They also get the forty second pick this year. They also get the Jets' first round pick next year, unless somehow Rogers does not play at least sixty five percent of the snaps, in which case they get the second round pick from the Jets next year. So, again, in overwhelming likelihood, barring a bad Rogers injury, what the Packers got for Rodgers is you move up from fifteen to thirteen. You get the forty second pick and a first rounder next year. Go ahead to your.
Speaker 3: Okay, So now that now that that's done, what's more likely for the Jets they win the Super Bowl, or this pulls up in their face miserably.
Speaker 2: Listen, I think the most likely outcome is neither. But of those two far and away, it's most likely. If you're telling me it's one of one of these two things is guaranteed to happen. Either they win the super Bowl or this goes terribly, then the obvious answer is that it goes terrible. This seems on super Bowls just not. Rogers was not that good last year when he was winning MVPs. He wasn't that good in the postseason. Everyone is freakable to say that.
Speaker 3: Living in New York City's out here.
Speaker 2: I understand, and Knicks fans are already mad at me, and that's that's fine. Giants fans are mad at me. Can't live my life that way. I can't that your mom gets mad at me. Sometimes you can't be talking bad about all these I just might. I owe you know who, I owe my loyalty to the audience. The audience deserves my God's honest opinion about all this stuff. And that's what they're gonna get. Here's the thing people have wrong about the Jets. The Jets defense was unbelievable last year defense tends to wax and Wayne year to year, a number top three defense one year far from guarantees of top three defense the following year. That's the first point. Second point is this Rogers at age forty, much like Lebron is doing in the NBA, Brady perverted our brains on what we think in aging quarterbacks going to look like you. Then add to the fact I don't love the Jets coaching staff. I think they gave up a ton I'm not sure how engaged Rogers is gonna be in the offseason. This to me has a ton of warning signs. Now, I get real quick. I get why they did it. You feel like you have an opportunity to take a shot this season, and you had a disastrous quarterback situation last year. Disastrous, so I understand why they did it. But they paid a heavy premium for a guy that could if Rogers ends up playing this year and they don't have going a real playoff run and then he retires, you then traded the forty second pick your first round or next year and moved back in the first round this year two spots for what they paid a heavy, heavy premium for. Folks saying Oh, the Jets of all the leverage. That's not how this negotiation ended up going. I like this trade for the Packers a lot more than I like it for the Jets. Go ahead, and now though sorry.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, as a Chiefs fan, who are you more and more worried about the Jets, Bengals or Bills?
Speaker 2: Oh? The Jets are not in that discussion to me. Uh, the Bank and the Chargers are to me, the two biggest competitors for the Chiefs, and then after that it's the Bills and the Jags. And then after that it would be the Jets and the Ravens, assuming Lamar is back with the Ravens, which I don't know if he will be. The Jets are not a contender. The Jets are a contender for a wild card spot, not a contender for the Super Bowl. You got another follow up here, So but what about the Packers?
Speaker 3: Yeah, clinch or flag in or out on Jordan Love.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen enough of him. I'm gonna root for the guy. See. Uh, the Packers are clearly in on him. And I'll tell you this much. There is a chance, there is a non zero chance he's the best quarterback in the NFC North next year. Kirk Cousins is cooked. Jared Goff will see if he can duplicate what he did this. You're in the just fields hold on a huge No. Now, he could be the worst quarterback in that division, but we haven't seen enough of him. But I'm rooting for the guy. We're in overtime. Gosh, darn it, all right, last go ahead?
Speaker 3: Okay, So the Kings nearly took a nearly took a stranglehold on the series. But Harrison Barnes happened. Sucks, but an even bigger loss for Sacramento. The Aaron Fox fractured a finger on a shooting hand. Demante says he's got to play it through. But I wouldn't take the advice from Demande.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's show Demanse's tweet. Demanse said he's got to play through the I sent a group text that I'm crushed about Fox's injuries. Demanse wrote, gotta play through that. And then evidently whoever's posted the screenshot, they have Demonse in his their phone saved his Fox reporter what are you saying door about?
Speaker 3: Demonzi heard his finger a while ago.
Speaker 2: Playing baskets playing basketball, he hurt his finger.
Speaker 3: And he continued to play through it, and now Demande's finger is permanently stuck bent.
Speaker 2: He cannot do anything with his deformed.
Speaker 3: It literally does not go from not bending, and he's telling him to play through it. So if Demande says play through it, I do the exact opposite of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's make sure we send this to Demanse and we tweet this out. Is his sister making fun of his physical You are you are? But I think you're right on this one. There are a lot of things I would take Demand's advice on what to do and not to do. This is like, Actually, what's so funny about that text from Demanse is this, oddly is something He is a first hand expert on what do you do if you suffer a significant finger injury while playing basketball and want to keep playing basketball, And his own experience would tell you, well, what you don't do is ignore it and just keep playing, or else you end up looking like an old offensive lineman with your finger mangled. He can't even Yeah, yeah, he's gonna be so mad at you. He pour demons before these shows. We all have to clap and he can't even clap that great. I mean, he's a great looking kid. He's doing great. I love him so much. He's just got unlucky. But it's bad advice he's giving Daron Fox. What's the other question you have here?
Speaker 3: Does this change your predictions that the Kings will win? And in the Warriors dynasty?
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk about this. Oh, I don't want to talk about this. If Fox can't play, they can't and they're the better team. And this is where Warrior fans get mad at me. But these are just the facts on the ground as we all know them. In twenty fifteen, Lebron and the Calves were better than the Warriors, and before the series even started, Kevin Love had his shoulder ripped out of socket by Kelly Olynnock and missed the series, And in Game one Kyrie Irving broke his kneecap and missed the rest of the series, and the Warriors won their first championship in twenty seventeen. One of the greatest teams ever, the Warriors team with Kevin Durant. We're playing a Spurs team that was unbelievable that season. First, I haven't heard that name well because Kawhi Leonard left. Kawhi was still on the team. They were up, they being the Spurs twenty two points in the second half of Game one, and then Zaza injured Kawhi. Kawhi missed the rest of the series and the Warriors were on to win the title. Two thy eighteen, the Warriors with Kevin Durant are trailing the sixty five win Rockets three games to two. The Rockets have Game seven at home and at the end of Game five, Chris Paul pulls his hamstrng misses the rest of the series and the Warriors win title number three. Last year, the Warriors in Round two are in a dogfight with the Grizzlies, and the grizzlies best player, John Moran gets hurt. They go on to win that series. Job misses the rest of the series, misses games from Game four on, and the Warriors going to win the title. That is four years where either the player they had the most trouble guarding or the second best player on their biggest competition got hurt en route to them winning a title. Now I understand Warriors fans in twenty nineteen, you would have won the title if you didn't suffer injuries. I get it, but that's four rings where injury played a major factor in your favor. One word's gone against you. And now this year, a guy you can't guard breaks the tip of his finger at the end of game four. And now we'll see it's such a bummer. I've been so happy today and you brought me down. Take a ninety second break, come back. Don't forget your questions and comments on the YouTube chat What's right?
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robless, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back. What excuse, young lady. I went over this with you before.
Speaker 3: I've had a few people in the comments, tell me that I should be the one to bring us back from breaks.
Speaker 2: Actually really, yeah, okay, you know what, guys, can we run the animation again? Tell me no, no, no, no no. All right, righty ready, let's run it back, run the animation again, and let's just have doora do your do it. It's episode by the way, and don't forget to tell people to leave their questions in comments in that comments section. All right and three two one the animation.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, and welcome back from the break. This is episode one four five. Leave some comments in the comments. And yeah, so next segment, this is the b block. Now, yeah, okay, somehow we're still gonna talk about Lebron. Last week you talked about how statistically Lebron is more clutch than Kobe. Last night definitely helped your case, but Twitter took a cold took the cold hard stats and called them your opinion.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, we can show you. I can show you the tweet this from Legion hoops, you're doing a great job. Scoot Nick Wright says Lebron is more clutch than Kobe. MJ and staff agree. Question Mark now, and don't I don't know that, I said he's more clutch than Jordan. I said the last twenty six years that what the numbers were. That obviously doesn't cover yourself. Now, well, I want to say exactly what I said, but go ahead, or you can read the rest of the question.
Speaker 3: Okay, while others were out partying on their Friday nights, you were busy texting our producers to add this to today's show. My main question is why are we still talking about this? And why are you bothering our producers on a Friday night. You may not have a life.
Speaker 2: They do, Okay, Well, first of all, I'm not. I'm sure some do and some don't. I mean, look at look at this crew of misfits, uh not all of them. I obviously they look like their party animals. Do you think so?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think Victor probably you know, gets after it.
Speaker 3: Daniel, you sound like such an old What do you mean? I'm sure I get after her.
Speaker 2: Sure Victor gets after it. Victor rides a motorcycle. He doesn't. I Kara? I you know what. I I'm still embarrassed because a year ago I accidentally called Kara the wrong job title, and I'm still just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, would you call her?
Speaker 2: I messed up.
Speaker 3: That's like it's about to be really bad. What did you call her?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I said, you.
Speaker 3: Should tell everyone what Kara does and what you thought she did.
Speaker 2: She's our second in command producer.
Speaker 3: What did you think she was?
Speaker 2: I said, look at the screen. I Oh no, I I got no, it's not because well, here's the thing. I'm gonna be totally honest with you, and I I just I hope the audience cuts me a break here. At the time, I said that we had a female intern on the TV show, and I just got it transposed to my head. So yes, kind of it was because she was a woman work everybody that wasn't. But I just got it transposed in my head because I have a work group chat and that it wasn't great. I really as soon as I said, I was like, oh, I don't think that's right. And so but now I'm distracted. I'm trying to talk you threw me off here trying to make me relive the most embarrassing moment of this show. Uh so as far as me texting them on a Friday night, I forget things and so I just like used the text chain like, hey, remind me to talk about this. That tweet irked me from Leejen Hoops because forget the replies to it, the replies to it are just a hellscape. But it irked me because there is such adamant believe that, look, Lebron is when it comes to clutch stuff, Lebron is well below average. And Kobe and Steph and Kevin Duran, whomever you want, are legendary performers. And that is not a tenable opinion that would be like that. You can't just say I believe I'm six ' five if you're six feet tall, you can't be like, well, it's what I believe. There are certain things that are objective fact.
Speaker 3: Energy gives off.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, whatever I identify as six ' five, you could say a lot of those things. But there are certain things that are just objective facts. And how's and I want to talk about this before Lebron hit a layup over the defensive player of the year, the one with less than a second left tie of the game. And it, to me is an interesting topic just because it does speak to how the media has the ability to warp our perception of things, even things we've seen. So most people who are watching this show, or who are fans of this show want? Have watched the entirety of Lebron's career. Most of us, except for our very young viewers, have watched the entirety of Kobe's career. And that's why I replied to the tweet saying I didn't say it. The historical record says it. Argue with the video, not with me, and the tweet that I put out there was I'll and I'll give you the details on it here as as soon as I pull it up where I just tweeted out in response to Legion Hoops again, I don't know why I'm arguing with Legion Hoops on a Friday night and I get frustrated.
Speaker 3: Something even I was doing stuff.
Speaker 2: This was what I put up. There was final minute of the fourth quarter of playoff games, a fourth quarter or ot what are guys field goal percentage? And Lebron, by the way, after last night, is now twenty two of forty five and Kobe in that exact same setting was nine of thirty one. And then we can again, oh, that's just the last twenty years. By the way, Kobe's entire career, he was eleven of forty four we can expand it. We can do it however you want to do it. Twelve or forty four. Pardon me for Lebron's now twenty two of forty five and Kobe's twelve of forty four. But the media has hammered this point so much. The majority of people, even though they saw both careers, just take it as a fact and take my opinion, which is not an opinion, it's just the statistical record. They take that as a hot take. That's fascinating to me. The way ability, it's like almost a different version of the Mandela effects, which is where people have collective memories. Do you know what that is? Yes, the Mandela effects, Well, if the audience doesn't know what it is. There are certain things that unrelated people believe that never happened. So one of them is like.
Speaker 3: Pictures or stuff that just everyone sees it a certain way, but.
Speaker 2: It was never actually it was never actually there, So like a famous one. Is the reason it's called the Meandella effect is a lot of people believe Nelson Mandela died a couple decades ago in prison, but he didn't a lot of people swear to this day that there was a movie in the nineties where Sinbad played a genie. They swear that happened, but that movie never existed. So that's the Mandela effect. It's the old kid's card or children's book, the Berenstein Bears or the Barren Stain Bears. Well it's a stain or stain is what people get wrong on it, but doesn't matter. There's a lot of examples of this collective mis memory. This is kind of a media induced sports version of it, where people have just told you for so long, this guy is something, this guy isn't something that even though your eyes saw something different, people could take a polygraph to the effect of the opposite. All right, let's play a game.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're about to play freak out or chill out?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So the first one is the Suns are on their way to a gentleman's sweep of the Clippers, but that doesn't mean that they will be well rested. The sun Stars are averaging over forty minutes a game. Can they keep it up? Should the Suns freak out or chill out? Oh?
Speaker 2: I freak out and I would chill out on the minutes. But if I were a Suns fan, I would freak out. This to me is a really noteworthy factor of this postseason so far. Right now, if we go to let me and I'm gonna pull it up, so we have it exactly. The minutes leaders in these playoffs number one minutes per game Kevin Durant forty four, Number two Devin Booker forty four, tied for Chris Paul thirty nine. Flip side of that, which team's bench has scored the fewest points by far in these playoffs The Phoenix Suns. So, first of all, you keep playing these tight fourth quarters against the Clippers team that only has Russ, and shout out to Russ for this throwback performance. It's just brilliant what he's done. I didn't think he had it in him anymore. It's been unbelievable to watch, But so we are. We're seeing, first of all, the Suns not be able to put a team away that's without its two best guys. You're then also seeing the Suns coach feel like I can't trust anyone off my bench. So Kevin duran at age thirty four, who's been injured each of the last four years, I'm playing in forty four minutes a game in round one, and what I'm telling you is going to happen is he is either going to suffer some sort of soft tissue injury or he is going to go into a slump and be like, oh what happened to Kad? And what's gonna happen to him is he's gonna be exhausted. And next round they're in Denver playing at altitude. It's a recipe for disaster. The Sons are super talented. I think they're not one guy. I think they're two guys short, and I would be concerned if I were them, so I would freak out. Next.
Speaker 3: So NBA refs are under attack. De Jontay Murray was suspended for bumping a ref. Jason Tatum also fully shoved a ref, but no one's talking about it. The refs in Golden State were clearly scared that they'd be next, so they refuse to give Draymond a second technical. Should the rest freak out or chill out? I think I think they should freak out.
Speaker 2: Freak out about what? Tell me why?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'd be scared I'm gonna get hit by a six something basketball player too.
Speaker 2: Well, the refs don't actually hit. I'm sorry, I shouldn't say refs. Uh. The players are not going to actually hit the ref. What Jonta Murray did is wild. What de Jontay Murray did is objectively speaking, just wild, and he deserved to be suspended. I didn't see the Tatum thing until I saw it in the rundown, so I want to look at it. That was kind of wild too, but because it was in the flow of the game, the refs just agreed to look the other way. What I will tell you is that the refs, I'm glad they didn't throw Draymond out of that game, but Draymond was playing with fire. The reason people thought he might get thrown out, he already out of tech and it's what It's worse than what Nick Claxon got thrown out for the refs. I think need to just take a beat. They threw Dylan Brooks out of the game. He deserves chill out. Yeah, I think they need to chill out. They threw him. They didn't throw him beat out of the game when he probably did deserve it. They threw Draymond out of the game when he did deserve it. I don't have a ton of sympathy for Brooks, Draymond or Embiid and Beid got away with it because those guys have a history of flavorant fouls. They didn't threw Harden out of the game when he didn't deserve it. Can we just chill on the ejections and for the players, really, just to Jontay Murray, don't put your hands on the officials. It's ridiculous, all right? Next?
Speaker 3: Okay, So Kawi miss back to back games with a niece, brands out again tonight. Now his team is on the break of elimination because of his nability unavailable unavailability? Yeah, should Clippers fans freak out or chill out? Oh?
Speaker 2: You gotta freak out this disaster? Why? I mean, do you think it's equal.
Speaker 3: To if Lebron were to be injured and have to go out?
Speaker 2: Well? No, I I think for the here's why this is a bigger deal for the Clippers. The Lakers already won a title with Lebron, and Lebron everyone knows at this stage of his career, injuries are gonna play a huge factor. Kawhi is supposed to be in his prime. They load managed him all year so he would be healthy for the playoffs. And by the Clipper's own definition, who's healthy by for one playoff game and then played through injury in Game two and now is gonna miss the rest of the series. Also, I thought it was very odd they declared him day to day with a knee sprain out for Game three. He then missed Game four. They then announced him out for Game five yesterday midday. So if you're day to day with a knee sprain and the game is today, yes, I think he said I'm not gonna be able to play, guys, And I'm not saying he's not hurt. And I also listen, I also understand Kawhi Leonard's going through a legitimate family tragedy right now. His sisters, I think about to go to prison for a very long time alleged murder, and so I understand that he's dealing with that, and I understand that he's hurt. But if you're the Clippers, you mortgage your entire future for Kawhi and Paul George. You got Paul George because Kawhi wanted you to. I'm sure now he wishes he had asked for Jimmy Butler instead, or just asked for nothing and kept those assets and kept Shay. But the fact that with that, Kawhi Leonard with the Clippers has never played in the conference finals and has now hurt again, and you can't rely on it in the regular season. You can't rely on him in the playoffs. When he's healthy, he's great. But the guy's never healthy. And it's a disaster, a total, abject disaster for the Clippers franchise, which now have a guy that you almost have to play like a sixth man on a max deal for the next couple of years. It's a disaster, all right. Last thing, So last week.
Speaker 3: I just like to say, I don't approve of this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I'm just a part of the show. I'm not going to reveal any real secrets or anything. Last week, do you or and I wore you see Santa Barbaras or you see Santa Cruz pardon me, sweatshirts on the show because it was looking like that's where she was going to go to school like that. She then found out she got into a school here in New York City. As we've said, she's still waiting to hear back from you See Berkeley. And if anyone watching has some juice at you see Berkeley. You know what I mean, she'd be a wonderful edition to the campus. I have something to tell you about this because I think you believe that I really want you to stay in New York City.
Speaker 3: I don't think that.
Speaker 2: Actually you don't think that. Okay, you think mommy really wants you to stay in New York City, So do yours. Let's assume she doesn't get into UC Berkeley. She's either going to be in Manhattan.
Speaker 3: Or I'm not going Manhattan.
Speaker 2: I'm saying you're too.
Speaker 3: You can't saying it's a choice, it's.
Speaker 2: One or the other. You don't know. I'm not well, you haven't even visited this school. You've got its right, and you probably should talk to you know what I mean, their drama department and see if anything jumps out at you and these things. You don't want to make rash decisions. But I'm on your side on this. I actually think that unless if you're not from New York City, I think going to college in New York City could be a crazy awesome experience. You is there what I mean? Like, if you're from say you had grown up in Houston, where we lived, and we never moved here and you got into a college in New York City, then I think that'd be one thing. Because you've spent all of high school year. I do think going to an actual campus and doing all of that would be a great experience. So I'm not trying to and I'm not going to try to pressure you into any decision. What I will tell you, and I think our YouTube commenters would agree, is you shouldn't make any definitive decisions until you've seen both places. I've but you haven't seen Santa Cruz. You got to go there, so you can't say like I'm one hundred percent going there until you've actually walked the campus, you know, felt that your foot on the feet on the grass, interacted with the students, those types of things like this is a this is a major life decision you're making. So you're just you're dead set.
Speaker 3: I told you who I was, That's what. That's my point here, guys, is that me and him have had this conversation. He's still deciding to have the conversation here now.
Speaker 2: Well, I just think, you know, I think that we can talk it through. I am gonna miss your scoop. I'm gonna miss you so much. I just keep an open mind. Can we keep an open mind? Or are we like, like, then, why did you apply there?
Speaker 3: That was the case. I didn't get into any schools. I applied to seventeen schools.
Speaker 2: He did apply to a lot of schools. We applied to seven. That was a good father daughter bonding time, wasn't it? Come on? Don't let me hang it? Come on? That was good. Those are good times filling out those applications.
Speaker 3: Everything quotes from him.
Speaker 2: A few quotes from me. Oh that's something. Does has a quote file on her phone of taking out of context quotes from me that she says she gonna use.
Speaker 3: From all of my friends. I could cancel him.
Speaker 2: At any okay, don't say you could cancel me.
Speaker 3: I can cancel anyone.
Speaker 2: Okay. Again, I don't say cancel liable things. That is incorrect. However, Douora thinks she could, and she's like, has it like as a blackmail book on succession.
Speaker 3: I think it's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so that's on her phone, and you're like, I have them from you and my friends.
Speaker 3: Cares what your silly friends say.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna they impact. They're they're they're they're teenagers.
Speaker 3: They're not supposed to have an impact. They're supposed to just be funny.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. I'm I'm gonna magnetize your phone or erase the phone. All right, your questions comments? Next What's right? All right, welcome back, Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright? Uh so do you or read that first first one we have here for our listener comments and questions.
Speaker 3: Okay, in the chat about it, doesn't people claim Shazam with Sindbad exists, Yogi Jacob lights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, But it doesn't. That's the thing is, Sindbad was never in a movie as a genie. But so many that's the Mandela effect. So many people swear that that movie existed. It simply never existed.
Speaker 3: So pictures of it right here?
Speaker 2: Of what him as a genie? Let me see what, show me what you're looking at?
Speaker 3: So the legend of the seven scenes.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, so there was never Sinbad was never in a movie as a genie. Everybody thinks he was that now he did for April Fool's Day a few years ago posted image like leaning into the Mandeli effect thing as like, hey, here's that movie. But that movie never existed. It never existed one hundred percent, but everyone swears it did. So there's again. If people care about the Mandela effect, that the most famous one is that when Nelson Mandela died in twenty thirteen, thousands of people swore he died on Robin Island in prison in the eighties, but he didn't. The there are the So the one that I would have one hundred percent gotten wrong is it was not the barren Stein Bears. It was the Barren Stain Bears. But I never would have gotten that right. Or like the Fruit of the Loom thing, the Fruit of the Loom thing is crazy as well. Yeah, the go explain that one.
Speaker 3: Do you think I think it's the the cornucopia was never there, never in the Fruit of a loomb, which I think is absolutely insane and so or Looney Tunes.
Speaker 2: Looney Tunes is a weird one. The fact that it was never called cheese It. It's cheese It, like these are all.
Speaker 3: But that there's no black at the end of Pikachu's tail, well that one, I don't know that one's true. There's no black at the end of his tail.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying I don't I can't picture Pikachu really.
Speaker 3: Well, or the Monopoly guy doesn't have the thing on it.
Speaker 2: So that one I think I can figure out that the Monopoly guy doesn't have a monocle is because people are confusing him with mister Peanut. Also, people talk about the fact that in Star Wars, Darth Vader doesn't say, Luke, I am your father. He says, no, I am your father. I don't think that's an example of the Mandela effect. I think that's an example of people in contemporary pop culture getting that line wrong, and therefore we remember it as Luke because other people have said it. Similar to in Forrest Gump, he said life was like a box of chocolates, but whenever people quote that, they say life is like a box of chocolates. I don't think that's the Mandela effect. Now, I will tell you one. How about this. Snow White never said mirror mirror on the wall. She said magic mirror on the wall. But again, I think that is I'll give you a better example for the Mandela effect. Tom Cruise in Risky Business, when he's sliding across that you're too young to this sliding across the living room, singing in his underwear and socks. Okay, one picture that that image, does he or does he not have sunglasses on?
Speaker 3: He?
Speaker 2: He does not, but all of us see him with sunglasses.
Speaker 3: Did someone else reenact it with sunglass to them and then everyone else just kind of.
Speaker 2: So? I don't know, but that's just how people remember it. The hold on, I have to look this one up, because this one and then we can move on. In Silence of the Lambs, I think this is gonna blow the producing room's mind. In Silence of the Lambs, Anthony Hopkins, Hannibal Lecter never once says hello Clarice, never do He just says good morning. He does not say Hello Clarice once in the entire movie. That's impossible for me to believe. Now my mind is blown. All right, next, uh, do you or you can ask Zero's question?
Speaker 3: Zero asked, do you think that any of the six teams down that three to one will win a.
Speaker 2: Series or will go or will all of them lose?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, all of them lose? Yeah, I think the if I were ranking them in order of chance, the bucks I think have still a coin flip chance. Then it drops off a cliff. The Calves are the only other one that has any chance at all, and it's very very slim, if not impossible. And then for the Timberls, Clippers, Grizzlies, and Hawks, it is impossible. The Bucks have a real chance. Go ahead, what's Connor's question?
Speaker 3: Okay, So Connor asked, what did you think of the David Garcia fight tanks?
Speaker 2: The son of a gun man is a bad dude. Hit him right in the liver. I I know, Zombie were like, oh I was fixed. Why do you fall like that? That's a liver punch man and that is a bad bad man five foot five inches hitting you nicknamed tank right in the liver your knees woulbuckle two next.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Jason asked, do you agree that you owe your success to the rise of the Warriors and the Warriors fans that hate that hate.
Speaker 2: Hate watch you, hate watch you daily. No, not at all. My show used to be on at seven thirty six thirty am Eastern. It was three thirty am on the West coast. I do not know. I disagree with that. Now viewership counts as viewership, but no, I don't. I I'm not going to give Warriors fans that I got no problem with Warrior fans, just the annoying ones, which most of them are all right.
Speaker 3: Next, if you could go pro in any sorry, Jacob Canna asks, Yeah, if you could go pro in any sport, which sport would you choose? And he also says that assuming that you'd be a starting player but not a star.
Speaker 2: Oh, basketball, there's no question if you He's saying, you just get in view me with the athleticism, Baseball be boring. Oh you know, I say basketball. But if I'm not a star, but I'm good enough to just do it, the answer might be golf, because you can do it for thirty years.
Speaker 3: I need to send to the group chat of that video I have of you golfing?
Speaker 2: Which one when we were in uh Hawaii? When I was crushing?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What are you laughing about?
Speaker 3: I need to find that so they can put it. Why?
Speaker 2: What's the video? What am I doing wrong?
Speaker 3: Really funny?
Speaker 2: I hadn't golfed in seven years. I started playing. That was awesome. I was great. No, I didn't played in seven years. I listened. One in every three shots was a dead slice, but everything else was excellent.
Speaker 3: Guys, You guys want to know how many times he lost his ball, and well.
Speaker 2: That's the dead slice. Did you lose your ball? You're playing Hawaii goes off a volcano. But it was still great. All right, let's read the last So I think definitely not football too much injuries, too short of a career, Not baseball too boring, Not hockey, you don't know the rules, Tennis is the practice seems miserable. It's golf for basketball, no question? All right? Last one?
Speaker 3: Okay, last one, Carter say, I uh said, what moment sticks.
Speaker 2: Out most as a proud what moments.
Speaker 3: Sticks out as the most proud you felt for your kids? Any of us?
Speaker 2: Well not you reading that question? That's sure, Come on, that was good.
Speaker 3: Likes to make fun of my disability.
Speaker 2: It's not disability. Isn't that you don't have a reading disability. You have a coordination disability, but not a reading disability.
Speaker 3: So I can't believe you.
Speaker 2: Said the I don't listen singular proud moments there. There's there's a million of them. I'll stick out all point. I'll pick a time for each of you guys, where you were like performing in like a school or public setting. For Demanse demand was playing ah I think it was high Tower his junior year of high school. They had a D one kid on the other team. They were the far, far better team. He was playing at Kempner and had a dominant game, had a thirty point game, and kept his team in it the entirety of the way. They ended up losing, but they had no business being in the game, and it was because he was just a badass that day. Just awesome. And I was sitting there next to the dad of the kid who was a D one player for the other team, and it was kind of it was just a really cool, fun, proud moment for me. For Deanna, it was just recently when she was asked as Annie in a play of fourth and fifth grader. She's not only a fourth grader, but the youngest fourth grader, and she crushed and did it confidently and did awesome and her sister Diora, helped her practice for it and sing and she did a great job. And for Diora, it was in this play Omilee a few months ago where she was awesome, stole the show, awesome throughout the entirety of it as this waitress character. But then also had a like a role in a dream Sequence as Elton John and each of the three nights it was the single best performance of the entire play. It was it brought it got a standing ovation, brought the house down, was breathtaking. And on that note, by the way, anybody watching, that's in the University of California, Berkeley admissions barm. If you want to see that video, I can email it to you.
Speaker 3: Oh, if you want to see that video, it's also online application.
Speaker 2: Oh it is. Yeah, Oh well then you're getting in that then I is. You know what, I didn't know that they accepted that video. You're gonna say that too confidently.
Speaker 3: It'll be really rough the next podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see. Uh scoot, sorry, do you were right? Nine point two out of ten?
Speaker 3: I don't like I told you you can't ten. I told you that you have to.
Speaker 2: Stop episode one. What's right. We'll see you guys Thursday. Hey, it's nicker right. Thank you so much for watching. Please do us a favor. Click subscribe. It helps my ego and Demonsey's got a financial bonus writing on a number of YouTube subscribers, so help him out. And also click the bell. I don't know what the bell does, but they tell me to tell you to click the bell. And your audio listeners, people that have commute scribes, whatever it is, subscribe to the podcast as well. Wherever you get the podcast, same show, just you know, just in your ears instead of through your eyes. All that check it out, appreciate SHO