Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my.
Speaker 3: Name is Nolan.
Speaker 1: They call me Ben. We're joined as always with our super producer, all mission controlled decand most importantly, you are here. And that makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. It's Thursday, as the Human Calendar goes these days, folks, which means it's one of our favorite times of the week, the time when we get to hear directly from you, our fellow conspiracy realists. We're going to get some great names, some great monikers today. Very excited about that.
Speaker 3: Uh, Ben, really good. Did I ever mention that people sometimes call me the human calendar? You have never that's a verse good at telling people exactly what what data is that you No, No, I'm bad at that. It's it's not true.
Speaker 1: So we're going to hear a bunch of uh. We're going to hear some great topic suggestions. As you know, we love, we love when we get new leads from our fellow listeners, We're going to talk about something incredibly important, uh, involving blood that has not been I think been yet the subject of an episode before we do any of that. I know this is a little bit silly because there's so much stuff going on. But guys, remember we were talking about Rebel Moon.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that award a Humble Farmer documentary about the about them.
Speaker 1: Every ten minutes. It's for them, for the audience to know, and apparently whomever wrote that script, it's important to know that one of those guys is a humble Farmer. And I want to give a very special shout out to one of our fellow conspiracy realists who said, I'll go with that one.
Speaker 3: You know, I like that I'm only learning about this film secondhand, and I'm going to keep it that way just to see what in mental image it conjures. But in my mind, the Humble Farmer is the is the protagonist of the whole story. But that's apparently not even true.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I figured it was like a come up kind of story that he starts as a humble farmer and then he ends up saving the galaxy.
Speaker 1: It's about crops because again, so it's interstellar Basel Moon. In Rebel Moon, someone probably read the first half of Save the Cat or something, which is a bible of screenwriting, and then said, okay, as long as every character has a fear, a fear at aspiration, and one defining demographical characteristic their demographic characteristic, then we are good to go. Take that Shakespeare. This our first email today does come from a humble farmer, and it goes this way. This is just a story one to share. I think it is so very well written. As you know, folks, we read every email we get. Here's how it goes, or what's that old joke? I want to hear it? Here it goes. I know that one. Okay, that might have just been one of my weird tennessee young guts.
Speaker 3: That's from an LL cool Jason.
Speaker 1: It is now you're welcome LL so here it goes. Greetings and salutations stuff they don't want you to know. Team. I want to apologize in advance for the length of this email, and kudos goes to whomever finishes it in its entirety. Well, kudos to all of us from you. Thank you so much. When we do read every email we get. I thought you guys like the intro. I would like to start out by sharing my not so short nicknames for the group you are all loving leading on in my head as Matt the Twitter list. Frederick applause. Noel only smokes pot in states where it's legal.
Speaker 3: Brown, that's funny, it's very true.
Speaker 1: Ben definitely not trying to sneak into the DPRK wink Bolin. All right, I'll let it slide. Paul, can we grub hub some Applebee's decands? And Alexis the famous Alexis Jackson Jackson applause all around? Can we get an applause to perfect? Just no, says our conspiracy realist. If you are a super producer reading this who wasn't included on the list, I probably have a nickname for you too. That's just eluding me at the moment, So watch out, Max Williams and Seth and Seth Nicholas Johnson. Yes, and so we get a bit of background from our conspiracy realist here, who also has, by the way, granted us permission to paraphrase some of this. So go going through some beautiful pros, we get to the first of two amazing subjects, Love the way right here. This is the story let's get to my ufo uap or Uao experience. It was the old year of twenty fourteen. Some comrades and I had gathered at a friend's house in the woods for little fire, some of mister Adams's finest alee in Washington's Stinkiest Herb editorializing, We'll leave you to guess what that means, folks, continuing, you should understand this was not a rager, just a friendly gathering of ten or so people out in the woods of Vermont, twenty five miles away from the nearest city and fifty miles from the airport. At one point I snuck away from the fire to sit on the porch and star gaze. Away from the light of the fire. While looking up at the stars, I came across an orange light. It was moving like a typical satellite light, but was maybe two times bigger and had a sunset orange glow to it. I rationalized this in my head as maybe being at a different orbit than usual, and the light reflecting through the atmosphere weirdly but not out of the ordinary. I continued to scan the skies while keeping an eye on this orange light. Eventually I noticed often the distance, but not that far away from the orange light. Another light, but this time it was the normal white star like satellite that I'm used to. Now I want to pause here because I think this is an excellent retelling. This is peak storytelling, and I want to pass the mic so we can kind of round robin this so it's not just like one person talking the whole time. Does anybody want to pick up?
Speaker 2: As I continued to monitor these two lights, there were two things that became abundantly clear. The first is that the white light was moving much faster than the orange light, and the second thing was that these two objects were moving at a four already five degree angle of each other and appeared to be on a path to collide. It was at that point I went and gathered the group by the fire to show them what I had discovered. We all watched in amazement as the two orbs got closer and closer until colliding. When the objects met, both lights disappeared. We continued to scan the area for a few moments, when eventually one white light emerged in the same area, but this time it was traveling at a ninety degree angle from their previous trajectory and continued traveling until it fell off the horizon.
Speaker 3: Everyone in the group was stunned and confused by what we just witnessed, except for one of us. While we were all discussing aliens and what we possibly could have seen, one person chimed in with, Guys, you're all crazy. It's not aliens, probably just a military training exercise we know nothing about. I guess there had to be one rational person with around it in The group scoured the web over the next few days, but couldn't find anything about training exercises, satellite crashes, or even just other reports of the two lights. I know this may not be the craziest experience to some, but to most of our group, it was the weirdest thing we've ever seen in the sky.
Speaker 1: Paul, can we get just like whatever is closest to the X Files or Twilight Zone theme? That will not get a sued perfect So we've got to go to We've got to go to the very end of this letter. After another fantastic description of scientology by the way and remote viewing hidden caves stargates write to us about that, Our pal says, I am not a fan of people choosing their own nickname to me. A nickname is given by friends. As I consider all of you my friends, I would be privileged if you would come up with your nickname for me. But given the spirit of the not so great movie I just watched Ellipses, it was too dark for me, like all of Snyder's recent movies. But for now, you can call me Humble Farmer. Guys, we have our own Humble Farmer. Now, yeah, I don't have to watch Rebel Moon Part two. We've got Humble Farmer at home.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll have to marinate on a maybe I don't know, No, we should do it now, we won't get to it. Can we have an alternat nickname that we decide on, maybe like light light Bringer, light fearer, light seeker, I don't know, the Primethean, that's good.
Speaker 1: The scientology. Yeah, hey, folks, maybe you can write in and suggest some nicknames.
Speaker 3: Elron, mother, Hubbard.
Speaker 1: That's good. I like that one too. We also wanted to share this one because we get a lot of folks who write in and say, hey, I don't have a suggestion for or a new topic, or I'm not necessarily reacting to a thing that you said before. Right, We're but I have an experience. I need to share something that I cannot explain, And with that in mind, we want you to please send us your stories of these seemingly inexplicable things. The the idea of unidentified objects or phenomena in the sky is much more ubiquitous than it may appear.
Speaker 3: I got it. L Ron humble.
Speaker 1: Farmer's humble farter, The fumble farmer would work. If this wasn't such an excellently written email.
Speaker 2: We should also be handled. We should also point out that our old friend Brock let us know that he comes from a long line of humble humble farmer. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Shout out rock, Yeah, and shout out to the shout out to our other conspiracy realists. I think I replied today who warned us about per Simmons. Apparently you have to be very careful when you eat per Simmons, did you guys? Is that us right?
Speaker 3: Isn't that true?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 3: What's the deal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that's somewhere back in the old memory banks.
Speaker 1: So this is uh, this is from our pal who we're going to call uh Coca Cola, Thank you, Georgia. Just to not compromise stuff. Uh, the thing is apparently if you eat per simmons when they're unripe on an empty stomach, they can form bezo wars in your stomach. The a bez of war is like a bunch of gunk trapped in stomach. It's partially undigested material. It's also very useful in some ritual magic back in the day.
Speaker 3: Is it sort of like, what's that stuff that that whales secrete that's so valuable? Amberg and human equivalent? Are these pezive words? Can they be harvested and then sold on the black market?
Speaker 1: I'm curious. You know, you can sell a lot of stuff on the black market. We've got some stories about that on the way there. But with this in mind, this is a big thank you to humble farmer. We just want to find more reasons to say humble farmer. Uh. This is also a call to action, as we would say in the business. We want to read more of your UFO UAP paranormal stories or things you just can explain. If you drive often, if you drive for a living, then what's the strangest stuff you've seen on the road. If you are out there in the ocean, what's the strangest stuff you've seen on or beneath the waves. These stories are important. They always make our evening. We love to read them. We do not pretend to be the experts in terms of evaluating or analyzing this stuff. But if you would like to send us photographs or footage or audio, we are more than happy to dig in and give you our take.
Speaker 3: Consider this a call to arms, a call to use your arms, or your mouth or your mind man eventually maybe to write us about these, these these and any other questions you might have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, call to arms, a call to add to the conversation one A three three std WYTK conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com. We'll keep this one brief pause for a word from our sponsors. Go see if there are any UFOs outside, and we'll be back with more messages from you.
Speaker 2: And we're back. I just took a look outside, guys, only seeing gray out there.
Speaker 1: Just gray me too days. I blame it dollar blindness. But you know, the.
Speaker 2: Clouds, I don't know. I can't tell. I can't tell. There might be a gene jacket up there somewhere.
Speaker 1: Shout out, Jean jacket in the sky. I got you that one was talking.
Speaker 2: About the note, yes, sir, Yes, sir. It's honestly my favorite depiction, though could be. Okay, uh, here we go, We're going to jump to the phone lines. We got a message from Zach.
Speaker 4: Well, my name is Zach from Arkansas. I've got something that I think they don't want us to know. Back in two thousand and five, a director named Kelly Dudah du Da made a film called Factor eight. It was about plasma and blood transfusions being taken from the Arkansas prison system and being sold internationally. Apparently it's illegal to sell them of prison collected blood in the United States, but apparently a gray area internationally. Anyways, remembered that the Clintons were behind all this because he was a governor at this time when this was going on, and of course the governor is has some control over the prison systems. But anyways, back in two thousand and five, Kelly Dudeah put out this movie called Factor eight. It is unobtainable. You cannot I cannot find it anywhere on the internet. You can find a trailer for it, which gives quite a bit of information but still leaves you wanting to watch the entire movie. The movie one film was shown at film festivals, won some awards. I believe, to my knowledge, Kelly good All Tudah is still around and lives in Arkansas still. But there are tons of conspiracy and imagination just to let go crazy with the the bad stuff that went on with this. Lots of people done with pain, blood anyways, interesting stuff, and since they don't want us to know it, well there we.
Speaker 2: Go, guys. Zach's putting us on to a movie and an entire topic. I think that may even deserve more time that we've got today. But let's get let's knock out what we can. Let's give everybody as much info as we can. First thing I would say is the movie that Zach is referring to is titled Factor the Number eight colon the Arkansas Prison blood Scandal. You can find an IMDb page for it. You can find a couple other pieces written about it online. But as Zach found, I could not find a place to either purchase this video or even download it in some other way to actually view the entire thing.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Matt, I played the game a bit too, because we talked about this off air. There's not even a good r maybe path to it.
Speaker 2: There you go, Yes, exactly our Factor eight. Well, we couldn't find it, at least to my knowledge, I couldn't find it. Did, however, find a few other documentaries that are touching on this scandal because it was and is such a big deal. If you search for in cold Blood Infected Blood scandal documentary, you can find it on a YouTube channel titled Factor eight by the way, which is a bit confusing for everybody, I think, but this is an hour and a half long feature documentary. I have not personally watched that one, so I do not know what that one is like. You can also find longer videos on YouTube from places like Real Stories. There's like an hour long documentary on this whole scandal. There's all kinds. Basically, there are places for you to watch things about this if that is how you want to explore it. If you want to read about the topic and what occurred, you will also find a ton of resources. The one that was I focused on a couple of the British reportings on it, because it did a lot of this stuff took place in the UK, also took place in Canada, in parts of Asia as well, and in different countries there. But it is primarily a UK Canada situation, so I'm kind of trusting a bit of that to go off the initial like what occurred, and I guess them using their official healthcare terminology right with the different organizations that were reporting, And it also has to do with American pharmaceutical companies. So I was a bit nervous about checking out US reporting just because I thought there might be I can't believe, but you know what I mean, I don't know if there's just a cozy relationship there sometimes, So you know, it's it's interesting.
Speaker 3: That name really rang a bell with me. It's a bit of an unusual name. And I did some digging in the old memory banks and remembered that this guy actually pitched this as a podcast several years ago and nothing came of it. And it's such a crazy and interesting story. I don't quite know what happened. He seems to have ghosted a little bit unusual because it's such a fascinating story. There had to have been a reason that we didn't do it. I kind of seemed to remember that the guy kind of dropped off the map a little bit.
Speaker 2: I know nothing about that, guys, but I maybe let's jump into the reporting from BBC just to like have an understanding based off of what Zach is telling us. What does a BBC say about this? They're calling it the Blood Inquiry, the Contaminated Blood Inquiry. In fact, you can search for what is the Contaminated Blood Inquiry and you'll find an article written by Nick Triggle tri gg La. That's very wonderful British name. Oh yeah, so I'm going to read a bit directly from this article. But ultimately what's happening in the nineteen seventies and eighties, the United Kingdom is struggling to keep up with this stuff. That is it's they call it Factor eight blood caught clotting treatment. It is for it is to treat people who have hemophilia, so blood disorder of one sort or another. In this case, it's the blood is unable to clot properly, so you can get treated with this stuff. In this this treatment is a blood transfusion where you are actually getting a substance let's call it, that's based on blood from a donor that then goes into your body and allows your body person with hemophilia to clot properly. Okay, so UK can't keep up with the demand, so they start importing stuff from the United States. Now here's the issue. In the US, A lot of the blood supplies that were going to US pharmaceutical companies were being donated, and in this case a lot of those donors were coming from prison systems and several of them, not all of them, obviously, but several of those prisoners ended up having contaminated blood with either HIV or hepatitis C, and somehow or another, those contaminated samples of blood, those donations made it through the system at the pharmaceutical company, made it through the system. Then that went over to the UK and Canada and was injected into people via transfusion who did not have hepatitis C or HIV. Sure be killed until that moment when they received treatment for the thing they needed. It was like life saving treatment. Which is just a whole horrifying, just a series of events.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: The big problem is how did how did those infected people get to donate blood? Where was the testing? Where was the like the protection?
Speaker 1: Right was their consent? What was the order of operations? Dude?
Speaker 3: They won't let people that have tattoos donate blood, Like there.
Speaker 1: Were people who visited the UK during mad cow disease.
Speaker 3: Right, I was saying, like, you know, there was a communication systematic breakdown at some stage of this this event.
Speaker 2: Well, if we're talking seventies and eighties now, remember that's a good point. We've only known about HIV for a certain amount of time where we were really starting to understand it in the mid nineteen eighties, So at that time when these donations are going out, maybe there wasn't an understanding right of whether or not or how bad this would be, what it would be. And also the hepatitis the thing we were humans like, science was learning about that stuff still, and there was a monetary incentive to donate blood. If you were a prisoner, you would get paid, right when we're talking about consent, Like what in my mind, at least with this story, it wasn't the prisoners being forced to donate. It was more like, yeah, donate blood, I'm going to get some money. That's the way it seems. And this is something that went on for quite a while before it was detected, because again, when you get that transfusion, you often weren't aware that you've been infected with anything for a long time, right, It wasn't until people who receive treatments began to get very sick and or die that everyone kind of raised the flag and said, hey, there's a problem here, we need to investigate. So there is a huge There was a huge inquiry not long ago, I think twenty nineteen, there was a large public inquiry in the United Kingdom, you know, just to gather information. And it's something that has it continues to happen right now. Wow, I believe there's still it's still ongoing. So we need to do a deep dive I think into this, especially the I guess the processes that went into the donation, the donations from the Arkansas prison system in particular.
Speaker 1: Let's do an episode on the blood trade or blood donation trade in general. I think right like this, this is a real thing, quite possibly a real conspiracy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: The conspiratorial aspect, to your point, would be when people knew about it, or when institutions knew about it, versus when they stopped giving tainted blood to two people, two innocent people. And there's gosh, there's such hypocrisy in blood donation. It wasn't too long ago that someone's sexual orientation would dictate whether or not they could donate blood. We mentioned the mad cow controversy, and you mentioned tattoos as well. No, the this twenty nineteen in quary you're talking about matt Is it following up on the earlier UK inquiry, because yeah, a couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been ongoing basically since since that time, and things, I guess precautions have been put into place. Blood products of any sort began to be screened for all types of things, like any donated blood that's going to go into any product begins getting screened in nineteen ninety one. Then by the late nineteen nineties, especially for this treatment is factor eight treatment. There's a synthetic option, so you didn't actually need human blood donation to make it right, which is all good stuff for people suffering from hemophilia that need this type of treatment. But it doesn't stop. It doesn't change that several thousand people got infected over the course of decades.
Speaker 1: Why is there never news about a blood surplus. It's always like in the US, there was just a new thing released this week, maybe even yesterday, as we record about emergency lack of blood for people who need it, Like it's just weird. It's always a shortage. It's never a situation where a country says we have so much blood.
Speaker 2: That would be troubling though, right, It would be a.
Speaker 1: Weird headline, now that I say it out loud, you know, like Romania advertises free blood, more like Transylvania.
Speaker 3: Am I right?
Speaker 2: We heard the number one holder of blood of what supplies.
Speaker 1: We're kind of known.
Speaker 3: For our blood, having a fire sale of blood. Blood, blood, blood, all the blood must go.
Speaker 1: This is a real problem though, right, evidenced by the the timeline of investigations and the levels of government into which these investigations have risen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely so. If you want to learn more, you can also search the Contaminated Blood Scandal Hemophilia Society. That's h A E M O P h I L I A society search for that. There's a great write up there. Again, this is stuff you can find everywhere as well, El Juzira The Guardian if you want to learn more about it on your own, But if not, we're going to hopefully come back with our findings in a full episode shortly. So for now, thank you, Zach. We'll be right back with more messages from you.
Speaker 3: And we're back with one more piece of listener mail mail from you. Yesu, This one comes to us from tie Gin. This is a great nickname. You can give yourself a nickname.
Speaker 1: It's nice spelled like the seasoning.
Speaker 3: Though no it's Gin. That's the silence D but just so you can visualize it. But yeah, humble farmer, we see you. He's a humble farmer. Hu the boy is he?
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 3: This one is a suggestion for a handful of topics to look into, and I think it's going to be fun to chat about the three of these right quick, So let's jump in. Hi, guys, you can call me tie Jin. Longtime listener, first time writer. First of all, you guys have mentioned or talked about immortality and cloning not too long ago. I was wondering if you had ever read cy teen by C. J. Cherry. There's a seemingly silent h at the end of Cherry, but that's how I'm going to say it. If not, I highly recommend it. It explores cloning and human engineering on a global scale. It is a very interesting read and makes you consider the boons and downfalls of such sciences. I'm going to go through all these and then we'll hit them one at a time. Secondly, and on a completely different topic, have you ever covered the disappearance of Harold Holt. He was a Prime Minister of Australia who had disappeared while in office in nineteen sixty seven. I haven't done much research on this, but I'm very curious as to the possible circumstances of his disappearance. Lastly, on New Year's Day in Miami at the Bayside Marketplace, apparently there was a sighting of a ten foot tall alien that caused a large panic. I'm going to leave it at that so that we can get to the details of that. In our conversation. Tai Jen also included some very helpful links and signed off. So thanks Tijen, Ben you made an expression as though you were familiar with Cyten by CJ. Cherry. I read a bit about it on the Internet without having actually read it, but it sounds like a really cool piece of prescient sci fi.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah. Well has always like to point out the good sci fi is always prescient and fiction only for a certain amount of time. I just really appreciated that. Shout out, Tijen and quit pro quo clarice as they say, shout out to your awesome name. I like your point about choosing nickname as well, NOL. And this is that these are three great topics. These are three great things to explore. I wonder we've talked a little bit about Harold Holt. These are also great. No, what's your initial reaction when you read this first topic? Oh?
Speaker 3: Just I mean, like I said, I'm not familiar with the book, but I'm a huge fan of science fiction that gets the future right. And it does seem like this citing series or is it a series? Or is it just a single book? Does you know? Like I said, I read some synopsies online. It sounds pretty complex, as oftentimes some of these types of novels are. But have you read Citeen Ben by C. J.
Speaker 4: Cherry?
Speaker 1: I read. I want to if I'm remembering this correctly. I want to say it's just the one book. I don't think it's a series. But I do remember it because it was when it was this golden age in used bookstores where you can get any quote unquote genre fiction in paperback form for like less than a dollar if it was a used book. So I went through a lot of sci fi paperbacks at that time. But I do think it is. I do think it is just the one book. I believe. I picked it up because it won a Hugo Award.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look look at looking it up now, it does appear to be just the one book. And Ben, I'm with you on the mining thrift stories for you know, fantasy and sci fi novels. I actually stumbled upon a book called The Wizard's Mole by none other than friend of the show and UH and owner of the complaints email box, Jonathan Strickland's father, Brad Strickland. Yeah, and I haven't read that. Well, it's funny speaking of series versus one offs. I texted Jonathan when I was at the bookstore, send him a picture of it for lulls, and he responded, don't get it. It's the eighth book in a fifteen book series. You won't have any idea what's going on. Not The Case with Cyteen by CJ. Cherry, which came out in nineteen eighty eight, involves a planet that has become toxic for humans to live on and the necessity to create kind of capsule communities, capsule colonies like the biodome kind of situations within the city, and it of course involves politics, like a lot of the best science fiction does, and when it's done well, it's not as snoozy as one might think. I think Star Trek is a great example of doing politics in a way that is actually very interesting and educational when it comes to thinking about the politics of Earth today. But yeah, very much so. This involves a lot of human cloning and the idea of these womb tanks incubated incubators called womb tanks, which I think is a great nomenclature. But I don't want to give anything away. I actually want to read this. I may do it as an audiobook on an upcoming trip, but yeah, let's move on. Thanks for the recommendation. To the second topic, it was about the Prime Minister of Australia, Harold Holt. I didn't remember this, but Ben you said you remember either not necessarily doing a full episode, but it may have come up in other research. This kind of disappeared suspiciously, or at the very least suddenly during a swim a swimming expedition, and he was known for his love of the swim. He was a big swimmer, strong swimmer.
Speaker 1: As they say, yes, yes, one of those folks who would have gotten their cups and said, you know, I wish i'd been bowl on adulphin shout out to shout out to folks like trees And as for alien and fellow ben down under our Australian listeners, you're you're aware of this, and Matt check me here. I think maybe it was an Australian listener who tipped us with Harold Holt way back in the day. For some reason, I'm associating it with our mysterious Disappearances phase a Llah you know, dag Hammer, Scold and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ah, yeah, yeah, I'm searching through our meta right now, guys, to try and because it sounds so familiar to me.
Speaker 1: I didn't find a full episode on it, and it's flicked through, I think maybe it's like a cavalcade of where did these people go?
Speaker 3: Totally well, you know, because of his his you know, notoriety obviously as a prominent politician, I believe he was pretty well well liked and his reputations being such a strong swimmer. This is what of course caused speculation to take place, you know, around the nature of his disappearance. And I think it was ultimately ruled like death by a misadventure, one of those kind of things. But there is a not to make light of the loss of a human life. But there was something that I read in the just a cursory glance through the wiki about this guy that there was a like a national like creation center in Melbourne that was named after him, and an indoor pool and a lot of a lot of Aussi's apparently find that to be a little bit ironic, don't you think, But that's sort of the point. You know, he was known for his love of the water, so name a pool center after him.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny here, Tijan and Noel and Matt and everybody tuning in, is that this very evening as we record, not too long ago, someone released a story called The Enduring Enigma, Harold Holt's disappearance and the swirl of conspiracy theories. The most famous theory, which I think it's quoted often. I can't remember if we mentioned this one, is that this guy who entered politics at a very young age. I think he was in his late twenties. He's like twenty seven years old when he enters politics.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: The idea is that the most popular fringe speculation is that the entire time he was an OP, he was an agent of the Chinese government at that when he was swimming, he wasn't on a recreational swim. He was instead physically swimming out to meet a submarine from China.
Speaker 3: How presumably containing his handlers.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense if you ever had to meet a submarine China Australia.
Speaker 3: I'm bad at geography.
Speaker 2: It has to surface right to do anything.
Speaker 3: You can't go they pick him up.
Speaker 1: They has to surf, which means, unless things are absolutely fubar, you are on a small boat on the way to the submarine. That's how those work.
Speaker 2: It's a dinghy sitch, you know. But but the the story I heard is that he got pulled out with a rip current. Basically he was just swimming, you know, as a human swims and water and got rid to see and that was it.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's the same thing with Jeff Buckley, the gorgeous, wonderful singer. I say gorgeous, not now referring to his looks, but he was also a good looking man. But he died. It was tragically swept away by a strong river current, you know, and you know, and he was a guy who was known to swim all the time.
Speaker 1: So it was also Glen Glenn Miller, one of the most famous musicians at the time of his disappearance. Uh, the reality is that the ocean is brutal and is enormous can be left, he lost and the like, I don't know, there was there was a huge investigation. And you made a beautiful point earlier, which is that whenever a prominent public figure dies or disappears, whatever the circumstances, a certain contingent of the public will have an alternative explanation her theory. It doesn't For instance, it doesn't matter like if who's someone who's super famous. If Neil de grass Tyson today, God forbid, slipped and fell on camera and like died in that dark lottery of accidental death or death by misadventure as you put it, then regardless of how much proof there was around the circumstances of that demise, there would inevitably be a group of people who are like, here's what really happened, you know what I mean? You got to look at the diet cokes in the green room and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It's true. He was going to let it slip that the Earth is actually flat.
Speaker 1: That's why they got him big, big round, get them big round. I mean. The Herald Hole story, though, is still really troubling because it hasn't like they've never found the body, right, habeas corpus ever occurred? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But you know what else? They never found the bodies off?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 2: What's that the shadow extraterrestriels that were chilling in Miami?
Speaker 1: No, they never whence those shadows?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Like what's making the shadows?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Maybe we break down that for the context, because I know we again we talked about earlier this week. We're just hanging out. Uh, but what's the what's the scoop? How can we do that in like a headline version?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Shoot, I don't even know all the details, guys. I've gotten most of the information from Instagram reels that I could not I could not find any confirmation about the facts. And then the stuff you can find to confirm is like, oh, yeah, there were some teens at the mall and they had an altercation, so fifty cop cars showed up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was apparently fifty teens. Sorry not to spoil it, but yeah, tell me no, well, no ten foot tall alien at the Miami Galleria what, Yeah, it's a mold. I know they could have used the press. But you know, there's a video that made you know, remember like that those people in the backyard. Wasn't that in Florida? And there was exposedly an alien, like a glimpse of an alien.
Speaker 1: But there's people in a back But there are a lot of those videos, there are.
Speaker 3: And I saw the video for this one, and it's overhead shot with all the cop activity, which involves flashing blue lights, y'all, which is something that's often heralded that are associated with the appearance of extraterrestrials, and there is the the detail I can only assume is what people are talking about, is this blurry form behind one of the flashing blue lights that apparently is nothing more than three police officers walking in a line together. But when you look at it with the angle of the elevated shot, the overhead shot, it's harder to make out what's the word I'm looking for kind of orientation, So the side by side of them almost appears to be stacked because you're seeing it blurred, So it does look like a you know, the scale of it's all all wow out so you can't quite tell what you're looking at, but it does appear to be a large atall form face.
Speaker 1: Out of ours. Yeah, paradolia, right, that's probably right. Yeah, that's from a January eighth, twenty twenty four post on x formerly known as Twitter. There there's something I saw right now. Actually, forgive me, guys for googling and searching while we're while we're on the air, but it looks like just earlier today, holy spokes. Yeah, at four five pm today, someone came out and said, the Miami Police have refuted the allegations that there was an alien invasion. So good on you, miamipd.
Speaker 3: The quote specifically, I believe hang on, nothing is being with help from the public. No aliens, UFOs or ets. No airports were closed, no power out it is I love it that they led with no aliens, you haves and not the like more practical the response of the airports and power outages.
Speaker 2: But of course they're gonna say that, why do you need fifty cop cars. I don't care how many teens are fighting, there aren't fifty squad cars immediately available unless you call like you literally do a calling all cars for all of Miami.
Speaker 1: Right, And also let me point out that if it's fifty teens and then it's fifty cops, that parent to student ratio is way higher than what you would see in Miami public schools.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Miami goes hard, dude, Miami gets lit.
Speaker 1: I don't you know. I love Miami. Got a lot of contacts in Miami. We're listening to the show right now and can continually invite it. But I just feel like I'm fro Do when I go there. Everybody's so cool and so beautiful, and then I'm like, you know what, I'm like Frodo in the Land of the Elves when I go to Miami.
Speaker 3: You know, I thought Frodo was pretty cute. Thanks, man, Elijah Wood type fellow, you're a bit of an Elijah Would esque figure.
Speaker 4: Ben.
Speaker 3: You can hold your own against the elf any day of the week. Now, I've never never been to Miami, but it does seem like the kind of place that Aliens would rock, you know, they'd be like that place seems wild. Let's check that out.
Speaker 1: Sure, why not do what we want? It'll be under the ocean and you know pretty soon.
Speaker 3: So we always just think of the movie Spring Breakers, which is a Florida man kind of situation, and the character that James Franco plays somewhat problematically borrowing maybe not problematically, well neither Twitter f raft in and of himself may be problematic, but borrowing Riff Raff's whole game the rapper, and his name of course in the film is Alien, which I always thought was kind of funny and ironic.
Speaker 1: Now we do have to we do have to point out something that I think you're getting toward there, Matt, which is the teams, like the kids in this situation are real. It's projected that there was roughly fifty kids. We were talking about this again earlier and they were, I think, what was it like shooting fireworks at other people at the mall. They were doing the thing where you go into a small brick and mortar store with a big group of people and you sort of count on the idea that their maximum staff amount is going to be three to four folks, and then you just if you go in there with therefore like fifteen to twenty folks on your side, then you can just grab whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen that too. I think it's just we're in this place now where everything gets muddied so quickly because there are so many loud voices on social media that get I guess, more attention paid to them than even the written article from the journalist who got paid a salary to write that and to investigate it and make phone calls and find out what's going on. So it in my mind, the alien stuff is so much more prominent and interesting that I it's almost as though my eyes look to that because that's cooler than ohs, there are some younger people fighting.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, and not just investigative research, investigative journalism. It's not just phone calls. It's also digging through, actually reading through all sorts of things that are perhaps by design not page turners, not fun to read. And like the I think you're right. It reminds me of what we were talking about earlier this week when Davos we don't always agree with Davos, folks, when Davos pointed out that AI misinformation is a genuine short term threat, and this this sort of hall of mirrors that are facing each other, reflecting nothing. It creates a feedback loop and an echo chamber. What are you what are you going to say? You're gonna like if you're the person who is trying to get attention in the dopamine casino, are you going to go with a headline it says cops cracked down on children launching fireworks? Or you're going to go with a headline that says aliens of Miami and then just cover your ass with a question mark at the end. Yeah, I yield my time. Sorry, I feel you on that now.
Speaker 3: No, you said it all, Ben, you said it all, but man, huge thanks to tij In for the excellent topics. It sounds to me like we're going to do a deep dive episode on the blood transfusion scandal over there in Arkansas and looking forward to that one.
Speaker 1: And with that we have much more ahead in coming evenings, folks, think so much, do Zach. Thanks to Humble Farmer, Thanks to ties In, Thanks to everyone who chose to spend some time the only real currency of this world with us. Fellow conspiracy realist, if you would like to join the show, we would love to have you over on the air in one form or another. We have so many ways to be in contact with you.
Speaker 3: That's right. You can find it to the handle Conspiracy Stuff, where we exist on several places on the internet. Those are Facebook, x and also YouTube. We are Conspiracy Stuff show, however on Instagram and TikTok, and I'm just gonna second what Matt said on the last episode. Check out the Instagram, check out the YouTube. Write a comment. We've got some fun videos. We put a lot of thought and time into and we're very proud of them. And there Some of them are goofy, some of them are informative. It's kind of runs the gamut, but worth checking out for sure.
Speaker 2: How are things going in your neck of the woods. Why don't you give us a call and tell us about it? One eight three three stdwytk. It is a phone system for voicemail. You've got three minutes when you call in, say whatever you'd like. Just give yourself a cool nickname and let us know if we can use your message and voice on the air. If you don't want to do that, why not instead send us an email.
Speaker 1: One of the absolute best ways to contact us, folks. We've got a lot of awesome writers chiming in. Give us the links, give us the photos, give us your first hand accounts of things like small town corruption, new leads on new episodes, and of course tell us what's on your mind from your latest listener correspondence with your fellow conspiracy realist. You can do all of this any old time at our old fashioned email address. Just drop us a line. We are conspiracy atiheartradio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff they don't want you to know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.