Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Sloan and I know basketball.
Speaker 3: Today's guest is an NBA champion and the first player of Mexican American descent to ever be in the Dunk Contest. His journey from Marquette to overseas to the G League to being a part of one of the greatest teams in NBA history is a story you won't want to miss. Today on Sloan Nos, we have Juan Tiscano Anderson. So before we start and get into everything, I just want to explain something that I was talking to one a little bit before. But I'm an NBA fangirl through and through. People always say to me who's favorite basketball player? Oh, it must be Steph Curry because you're this big Warrior sent and I tell him every time, No, it's one Scano in since I was since the day you signed your contract with the Warriors.
Speaker 1: This jersey, okay, Like.
Speaker 3: I am the biggest JTA fangirl. I bore this jersey to school so many times. You understand, I have the receipts, like I used to lay out your jersey in front of the game and do this.
Speaker 2: Whole like thing. Like my parents can attest this.
Speaker 3: But I would literally go to the couch and I'd put the jersey here and I'd put like Warriors hats around it, and I'd lay my.
Speaker 2: Dog on the jersey. But like, okay, don't worry.
Speaker 3: There was a few other jerseys, so it wasn't that creepy, but like still, and then my dog would be in his little Warriors jersey too, And I do this like whole thing, and I feel like that's why you guys want the chip actually, But anyway, I wanted to tell you before we started, I literally was saying to my parents, I don't get nervous to interview anyone.
Speaker 2: And I was sitting here shaking, like I love you.
Speaker 4: So much and I've just been for so long, so this is so cool you can find on Honestly, that means a lot to me, you know, playing on a team like that where you know people have the choice of picking you know, Steph, yeah, Draymond, you know, all these stars, And then when I picked my jersey, I'm like, damn, yeah.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Oh of course.
Speaker 3: I actually was making a TikTok the other day where there's this trend on TikTok where you do like a get ready with me while I tell you facts about yourself. And that's my favorite because it's a mix of makeup and basketball. So I was sitting here doing my makeup, like doing the video, and I was like, yeah, my favorite players wants going to enters and while I was talking. And then the next day I got the text like one wants to do the pot and I was like, wow, I feel like I manifested you do that in there.
Speaker 2: And so anyways, thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: So to start off, I'm sixteen years old, and I want to know a little bit about you When you were sixteen.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, when I was sixteen, well, so long ago, your sophomore in high school. My sophomore that was Actually that was a really hard year of my life. I was on varsity as a sophomore. Our team was pretty decent, but I wasn't playing and I was actually going to quit basketball. I had a coach at the time who you know. That year he told me he was basically, you know, alluding to the fact he'd be surprised if I ever played at the next level. And so I didn't see much of a future with the game. And I was actually gonna quit. I met some friends and they kind of like revived the energy for me to uh, you know, I want to pursue his dream, and you know, I want to continue to play basketball.
Speaker 1: But I mean, that was a fun time in my life.
Speaker 5: Outside of that, you know, my friends and I we have a lot of memories from that time.
Speaker 1: High school was a good time for me. You know.
Speaker 5: I always tell people because my friends and I we talked about high school a lot.
Speaker 1: It was one of the better times of our lives.
Speaker 5: And you know, people, I was like, oh, you guys are always talking about high school, and I was like, oh, it's okay.
Speaker 1: I can do that.
Speaker 5: I got better stuff to talk about too, so when you want to talk about that little bit there as well. But man, sixteen years old, I got my license at that time.
Speaker 1: How did that go?
Speaker 2: Did you pass the first time.
Speaker 1: The first driving test? Yes?
Speaker 5: I failed the first permit test, so I had to take that twice. Yes, But I did pass the driving test, which was easy peasy.
Speaker 2: So oh I actually failed how many times?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, I filled my permit test the first time, and I don't know, like I didn't I knew I was going to fail that I just like didn't go in confident. But then my driving test, I was like, okay, like this is my time to like prove all these haters wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm going to pass. Okay, all my friends because they were like, you pass your permit test, that's so easy.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So I drive at the DMV and I'm like going perfect, like I'm looking, I keep looking at the guy's paper, which is probably one of the reasons why I failed, because I shouldn't probably be looking at his paper.
Speaker 2: And I kept being like, I'm gonna pass. This is perfectly, is perfect.
Speaker 3: And I go on a left turn and for those of you who live in like California, you know, there's like weird left turn rules. And he told me I hesitated my body, not even the car, like when the light was turning yellow, I like shifted and they automatically failed me. It was hard, but I did drive here, so now I have my license.
Speaker 1: So it's on. Yeah cool, Well let's stay on the road.
Speaker 2: Yes we will be. But your story was easy. You just passed for a time, very easy.
Speaker 5: It was easy. I didn't have no issues. The only thing I was nervous about was a parallel parking. But you know, I think they just asked me like pull over to the curb and then like back up. It wasn't even like an actual parallel parking. So I don't know who that lady was. Hopefully she still got her.
Speaker 2: Job, yeah, I hope.
Speaker 3: So maybe I don't know if you're like a bad driver now, No, I'm a great job.
Speaker 5: Okay, I've only got two tickets actually in my entire driving career.
Speaker 1: I've been driving since sixteen.
Speaker 5: I'm thirty one now, fifteen years and I just recently got those two tickets like three weeks ago, and I got them both in one week.
Speaker 2: Wow, that feels like little yeah, just a little.
Speaker 3: So I want to go back to something you said earlier about how you were about to quit basketball sixteen and then now you know, think about a little bit about you now. And for so many sixteen year olds, I think like high school's a hard time where like sometimes your dreams get crushed. And I know, I play soccer and I definitely have felt a little bit of a shift where it's like I used to love it so much and slowly you start to like fall out of love. What do you think your sixteen year old self, who had all those feelings would think. Now I became an NBA champion with my hometown team.
Speaker 1: You know what, I just don't think I was mature enough at the time.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, we're sixteen years old, and you know, I'm sure you're pretty mature, but uh, you know, I just don't think I was mature enough to understand like obstacles in life and that life is truly a roller coaster. Regardless of what you do, you have to pick your herd, you know, like being a parent's hard. You know, going to school is hard, Being a CEO is hard, Being an athlete's hard. Like which hard do you want? Being broke is hard? Yeah, which hard do you want? And So now that I'm thirty one and I've gone through so much, I now understand that. But at the time, I was just like, you know, so self centered. I was living in my own bubble. You know, wanted me, me, me, me me. I wanted to be the best. I wanted this. I wanted to, you know, have all these accolades and other things. You know, my best friend, he was actually on varsity two and he was the star and we were both sophomores.
Speaker 1: We had seniors on the team. But he was a star, and so I.
Speaker 5: Maybe at the time I was comparing like my you know, life with his, and I wanted that. And I wasn't mature enough to just keep my eyes on my own plate. But I would just tell myself to keep going, you know, like I said, life is hard, and I know that sounds so cliche, and you know, Corney to say, it's the truth. You know, like everything in life is hard, regardless of what you do. So just understanding that, now, that's what I try to tell you know, younger people who are pursuing things like, it's not easy. Nothing in life worth having is easy.
Speaker 1: So uh yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: So growing up in the Bay as well, did you go to Warriors games a lot?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 2: Okay? And who is your favorite player? Like what was the vibe there?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: My favorite player up was Larry Hughes. Uh not many people know who he is. I mean, Speed Claxton was a guy in mine. I really liked him. I mean there were so many players that you know, the Warriors weren't really good at all at all prior to Steph Curry, and so we just had a lot of dark days with guys who would just come for a year two years. There was never really any like true core to the team because guys were just scrumming and being traded.
Speaker 2: The arena like not even sold out.
Speaker 5: Not like it now Steph got there. I mean it was a Oracle when you grew up. Yeah, Oracle has always been a special place. But obviously when Steph and you know, Draymond and Clay turned that team, turned that ship around, it fans started filling it up and tickets got too expensive and stuff. But I've always been a Warriors fan.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is a crazy question for Warriors fans, But Oracle.
Speaker 6: Or Chase, I've never I've never gotten a chance to play at Oracle. Yeah, just more as a fan. Let's just take it that way. Like the stadium itself, you know, the stadium itself, Chase is nicer, it's a vibe. I like the build Oracle. I like how it feels so homey and small.
Speaker 5: That's what people say and everybody, you know, since I've been playing in the league for five years, you know, everybody says that.
Speaker 1: Oracle was like the craziest place, their favorite place to play.
Speaker 5: So I'm kind of sad that I never got the opportunity to do that, but you know, just being there as a fan was very special. So I'm gonna have to go with Chase because I have better memories there, you know, winning games, there being a champion there at the time.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna go with Chase.
Speaker 3: So in your teenage years, did you ever play against any other future NBA players in AU in high school?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a bunch, to be honest. Wow, where do I start?
Speaker 5: I mean, the NBA is hard because there are guys that, like, I came out of high school in twenty eleven, so there are guys who played in the NBA in twenty twelve, you know, maybe played one year or two years, three years, what is it twenty twenty four now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: So played against guys like Michael kick Gil, Chris Nick Johnson, I think he was in the league for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Who else? I don't even know. That was a long time ago playing it. But I played against a lot of top guys in AAU. I'm sorry, I'm pulling the blank. I can't really at the moment, I'm trying to think of who else was in my class. Michael Benajet, he played in the league a little bit Uh Jabari Brown, who's really a good, good friend of mine.
Speaker 1: He played with the Lakers for two years. I believe.
Speaker 5: We played against each other in high school three times, but we were friends also.
Speaker 1: But he played in the NBA. Yeah, Dame Lillard.
Speaker 2: That's a good poll. I knew, I knew something was like cookie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Dame Lillard. So yeah, I mean, I'm sure I can name more, but right now, that's what.
Speaker 3: And did you have any relationships with players currently in the league when you were a teenager that like were maybe helped give you advice or like grow as a player.
Speaker 1: So Drell right, he's not in the league anymore.
Speaker 5: Oh, and Delonne right. So I was really close with Derrell when he was with the Warriors. He actually came to a basketball game of my he and Steph Curry. And I only know this story because my best friend, his mom is the principal, or was the principal at the time, and so we would sell out our games and they just pulled up and they thought they were going to get in. Obviously she didn't know who they were, and she denied them at the door. So he hit me up on Twitter, and then I just made sure that the staff and everybody knew who they were. And thereafter he would come to my games and support me, and he always gave me advice. He's like a big brother to me. I don't really throw the big bro turn around too much. Draymond Green's a big bro. Those two guys really have helped me throughout my career. Obviously Draymond when I met him in the NBA, but like you know we were speaking of in high school, Drell right just laced me with a lot of games, took me under his wing. And then thereafter I met Delan through Darrell and we became really close as well.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 3: So moving on from high school, you went to Marquette. Can you take me through the process of what it was like choosing Marquette over your other eye?
Speaker 1: You want the long version of this, Let's just go long?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean every athlete knows, like being recruited in college is.
Speaker 1: It's hard because this is a life decision.
Speaker 5: And you have so many options, and then sometimes some options it just starts to become a little redundant and you kind of become tone deaf to different things. It's kind of like picking shoes, right, Like when you go in your closet, you got too many options.
Speaker 1: It's just like, damn, I'm just worth these.
Speaker 5: And that's that's kind of how it became towards the end, and that's why I think I committed so early. But I don't regret my commitment at all. I went on a visit, A couple visits didn't work out, blah blah. Took a visit to Marquette with my parents, and that was the only visit. My mom actually came on and I knew as soon as I got I'll never forget this feeling of September twenty fifth and I got off the plane and it was cold.
Speaker 2: Was it your junior year?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: And it was cold. And we're from California, right. We get late summers all the way into October and I'm like, whoa, and it was gloomy and all that. I'm like, I don't want to be here. Obviously I had. I've never really been anywhere. I've been to Hawaii before and then Mexico once when I was a kid, but I didn't travel a lot when I was young, so I didn't know.
Speaker 1: You know, different places. I'm like, this isn't for me.
Speaker 5: My mom built a really good relationship with Buzz Williams, who was the coach at the time, and I mean they hit it off. And so then I went to my I went on a visit to Arizona State the following week, and I'm like, my mom didn't come me. I'm like, I'm committing here. I called my before I even got on the plane. I called my mentor. I'm like, I'm going to commit right now. He says, just wait, get on the plane, come to the gym when you get here, we'll talk about it. Because we worked out every Sunday for like four hours whatever. I didn't even get a chance to work out because he and I were in the back, just like arguing about this decision. And me and my mom were on the phone arguing about it, and they didn't want me to go to school. Their long story short, too much partying, probably, Yeah, And you know, now that I'm thirty one, I understand now. I didn't understand that at the age of seventeen. I mean, you can literally, you know, lose yourself or become who you're going to be in college. College is a very volatile time for anybody, but especially a young man who's going to play basketball, you know, etcetera, etcetera. It could have been I could be living a totally different life than I am now, and so I ended up committing to Marquette. I was actually I committed October sixth I want to say, on October tenth, I was going to decommit, but then it just became like a huge fight with my mom and I ended up going to school there.
Speaker 1: It was really tough for me there at the time. But like I said, I don't regret it.
Speaker 5: Everything, every decision that I made up until this point has made you know, my story.
Speaker 1: What it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I love that all. And now I want to move a little bit into you now. So we figured out when you were sixteen. I like, if I fix sixteen year old, you would be cool. But because I'm such a JTA superfan now when you talk about now, so to start off, you were the first player of Mexican American descent in the dunk contest? Can you take me through what goes into picking a dunk? Because I feel like there's so much hate, especially nowadays, around people's dunks. But I don't think people understand how much work and dedication goes in to doing that.
Speaker 5: Well, it's really hard because there's maybe four or five dunks out there that nobody has ever done. Like we're all humans, nobody's jumping in the air for three seconds and able to do all these tricks.
Speaker 1: Right. I always troll be Top.
Speaker 5: And we're good friends now from the dunk Conference, and every time he post a dunk, I always d m a boot or texting boom, like do a backflip and seven twenty and like just some crazy stuff. But I just trow him because there's really literally much you can do, so it is actually hard. And then you know, you get you know, six to eight to ten dunks ready for the dunk contest, and then you know, four guys, three guys go out there and do a dunk that you were gonna do, and then it's like, oh, snap.
Speaker 2: I do now?
Speaker 1: What do I do now? And that happened to me actually in the first round.
Speaker 5: Two of the guys did two of my dunks in the first round, and I was just like damn, like I got I got two more dunks that I know that I can do, but they're hard to do. And that's the risky part because those two dunks were dunks that I've done.
Speaker 1: But I wasn't doing consistently. And that's the difference.
Speaker 5: It's like, can you do this dunk consistently or can you do it like every so often? And those were two dunks that I could only do every so often, and you know, I got to the point where one of them I caught a flat tire, like I tried to women on a honey dip, but I was tired and I caught a flat tire.
Speaker 1: And then the very last one was the Jason.
Speaker 5: Richardson tribute where you know, throws it up in East based reverse East Bear or whatever, and I was I just couldn't get it done.
Speaker 1: And so you know, and you're also out there alone.
Speaker 5: It's like being on a pitch amount yeah, you know, like it's the whole crowd watching you, not the nine guys on the floor or not ten guys on the floor, it's just you.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of nerve racking. And you know, like I said, it's just.
Speaker 5: Like you're trying to figure out where do I go with this, right because you don't know who's going to get out there and do anything.
Speaker 1: So it's it's much more difficult than people make it seems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not that I'm ever going to be in the dunk content, but just in case I ever was. I feel like now, I like I.
Speaker 1: Know what I was.
Speaker 2: What's the most memorable game of your career.
Speaker 1: Most memorable memorable game of your NBA career. Yeah, that's hard to pick one. I'm gonna pick three. Uh.
Speaker 5: The first one is, and this is no order. The first one is my first game. I checked into the game and I was so nervous. We were playing the Lakers, and you know, one thing guys told me before getting into the NBA is when you have an open shot, you have to shoot it because everybody expects you to shoot the open shot.
Speaker 1: It's the NBA, it's the highest level in the world. You have to be comfortable taking open shots.
Speaker 5: And as soon as I get in the first play, I run through and I catch it in the corner and I'm wide open, and I remember this honestly, like, I just shot it.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about it.
Speaker 5: I shot it and it went in, And that was such a special moment for me, you know, obviously just making it into the NBA, playing for my hometown team, playing against the Lakers, and making my first shot.
Speaker 1: That was pretty cool. Uh.
Speaker 5: The second one is when I cracked my head open versus the Boston Seales. I'll never forget that because I think I gained a lot of respect from my peers and just fans around the world need to.
Speaker 3: Talk about that because they called you Steph Curtry's teammate. Yes, and I was pissed about that. How did that make you feel?
Speaker 1: You know What's funny?
Speaker 5: So we were on the couch and when I read it, and I was actually, I don't remember what I was gonna tweet, and Adan I was like, no, tweet this, it'll go viral. Like all right, I'm just gonna say I'm hig, I'm steasty man. It actually went viral, which was pretty cool. It didn't make me mad, honestly, just because I'm a humble person and I'm super thankful for the opportunities that I'm giving.
Speaker 1: So I wasn't really tripping. It's like, now the world is getting to see who I am. I didn't care.
Speaker 5: I wasn't one of those guys that came into the NBA as if like, oh everybody knows me. No, nobody knew who I was, and so I just took it as a joke, and you know, I joked.
Speaker 3: Back when you open your eyes and you were like in the like announcers table, what were you thinking?
Speaker 5: Like, So when I first opened my eyes, somebody says, don't touch your head.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. Yeah, I don't know why they said that.
Speaker 5: The first thing I do is this, and like you, I could literally like put my fingers in the groove there and.
Speaker 1: My you know what. And it's crazy because people just think that I just hit my head.
Speaker 5: Not everybody knows the story, but you know, with something like that, like you can actually die from that. I hit a piece of metal that literally cracked my skull open more or less, and I had to get a bunch of stitches.
Speaker 1: You know, I passed out.
Speaker 5: You know, if you hit your head any weird way, like I mean, it's your head, you know, Uh, you something really bad can happen to you. So not to like be dramatic or be like ruin the moment, but you know that that'll be memorable for me because that was I think that was like the for lack of a better word, like who I am, right, Like Wance's ConA Anderson, this guy he plays hard like every possession is this last possession and that I'm glad that people will remember me for that, because you know, I'm not gonna make every shot.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna you know, play well every game.
Speaker 5: But anyway, so my third one third moment was duncan on Javel McGee and I'll tell you why. So this is funny. This from Santa Cruz. He calls me the morning we're playing Phoenix and if you know that, Javel McGhee usually wears like a g real mouthpiece of gold mouthpiece, and he's like, my Dennis.
Speaker 1: He's like, some of the Santa Cruz guys want to get this.
Speaker 5: Mouthpiece this way, and he's like, can you ask Javel you know who does it or how he does it?
Speaker 1: Blah bye.
Speaker 5: We're checking into the game at the same time, and I don't know Javel well at all this time.
Speaker 1: We've gotten to know each other a little bit when I was playing the Kings this.
Speaker 5: Year, but I'm like Javel, like yo yo, He's like, nah, don't talk to me, don't talk to me out jokingly. Were checking the game. The first play I end up dunking on his ass. So I always laugh about that with him and tell everybody that story.
Speaker 2: Do you ever get the answer of the mouthpiece?
Speaker 1: Though? No, I forgot all about it. I forgot all about it. But those are my three.
Speaker 3: In the next five years, who do you think is gonna be the face of the league and why?
Speaker 5: I think Anthony Lwell. I think there can be a combination of guys, Anthony Edwards, Shake, Gilges, Alexander. I think Jason Tatum will He'll be at the pinnacle. You know, he's only getting better, I think, and he's still very young. Luca Wemby. I'm still a big Jordan Pool fan. Obviously people are shitting on them all year, but it's hard to go from being I mean, this is the best league in the world. Yeah, when you go from you know, playing behind Steph and Clay like, not that he was ever hiding, but you can be a decoy sometimes you can high when you are giving the keys to a team and.
Speaker 1: You have to be the guy, it gets a little difficult. So I'm still a.
Speaker 5: Jordan Pool fan, and I you know, I hope that he'll rise to the occasion and you know, be in that group of guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big shout out Jordan Pool. If you want to come on slow nose. Please do that'd be great. One is gonna He'll tell you all for you. Thank you. On the topic of Anthony Edwards, he's obviously been cooking everyone in the playoffs. If you were out there guarding him, what would your tactics be?
Speaker 1: Foul?
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean, I'm I got six fouls to hughes and that's a part of the game. I mean, you know, you look at Gary Payne, you look at Pat bev Draymond Green. They would get away with a lot more than some other guys. So I mean, I just feel like you have to set the tone owner. You also have to let guys know and understand that I'm not going to just let you do whatever you want to do. Now, with that being said, some of these guys are just ultra talented. They're just far much more better than you know, some of the rest of us.
Speaker 1: And that's like the upper echelon of the league. And that's how you become the face of the league.
Speaker 5: And it's kind of funny that now everybody's surprised by you know, Anthony Aalwarths.
Speaker 1: I just think that's a lack of TV games for the Minnesota timber Wolves.
Speaker 5: You know, the world just just doesn't get to see him do what he does. And a lot of these people are casual fans. They don't know what the hell they're talking about.
Speaker 2: What do you think about the mj Sun rumors?
Speaker 5: I got nothing for you. It could be true, it could Who knows the kid is nice? Yes, I mean he's really good.
Speaker 3: So I'm when I see like when they put the face to face, it's like crazy or the shrug.
Speaker 5: But you know what I know, Well, I don't speak to her anymore. But in college I knew Michael Jordan's daughter. She was really good friends with a young lady who played basketball Marquette.
Speaker 1: And he doesn't look like them. So he looked like Michael a little bit.
Speaker 3: But he don't look like We'll think about a different mom probably realistically, right, that's true. During your NBA career, who has been the hardest player You've had to guard?
Speaker 1: KD? That was quick.
Speaker 5: I mean, it doesn't matter what you do, Like, he's gonna get his shot off. And with KD, that's where I learned the NBA. It's like, you're not gonna stop these guys. You just gotta make it tough for them. I mean he's so good. Uh, you just can't do nothing with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you've played with some pretty incredible teammates. What would be your starting five of your teammates?
Speaker 1: That's tough.
Speaker 5: Gotta go with Steph. Steph's in there. Uh, Steph at the one. No, you know what, We're gonna play Stephan at the ball.
Speaker 1: Off the ball. We're gonna play Lebron at the one. Wow.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, Okay, Steph at the two. So Stephan get all the shots up. I'll be the defender. Me at the three, Draymond at the four, a d at the five.
Speaker 3: Love it. If you were the Warriors GM right now and you could do three things this offseason to change the Warriors, what would they be sign Yeah, I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: The same thing now.
Speaker 5: I think they got a good team though. I think they just you know, got to figure some things out. And like I'll just keep reverting back to this is the best league in the world. You're playing against the best talent in the world. Like, I mean, yeah, the Warriors were at the top.
Speaker 2: But like every year is going to be your year exactly.
Speaker 5: I'm just like anything else. I'm sure Nike has down years where they don't hit their benchmarks. I'm sure Apple Tesla, all these players like, they don't always hit their benchmarks.
Speaker 1: They don't always get their goals every year. So I mean the same thing.
Speaker 5: It's all relative, right, Yeah, So I think they just have a few kings to make. And you look at some teams and you just look, you can tell like they're not far off. I don't think they're far off. They have a sufficient amount of talent to compete. I just think they have to, you know, figure some things out. They have some young guys who are they're grooming, you know. Obviously, Johnathan kaminga e rossa occasion this year. I think he'll be much better next year. And I think, you know, he'll be a very pivotal piece for that team. And I think, I think if he plays well, obviously, what the other guys are.
Speaker 1: Gonna do, what they're gonna do.
Speaker 5: But I think if Johnathan Kaminia consistently plays well, I think the Warriors can be like a top five team in the West next year.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I hope that that's the case. But now I want to about Marquette. We're talking about market earlier. But now I mean, you went to Market, Jimmy Butler went to Marquette. Who do you think are the top five players to ever play at Marquette?
Speaker 1: Dwayne Wade, Jerreal McNeil.
Speaker 5: A lot of people don't know that name, but he was nice when he was in college.
Speaker 1: And this is my top five, right, Yeah, you can include.
Speaker 2: Yourself if you want.
Speaker 5: Nah, you know, I'm not even gonna clude myself because there's so much good talent to come out of that school and names that.
Speaker 1: People don't know. Marcus Howard broke all the scoring records.
Speaker 5: He's not in the NBA though, I mean he played with the Nuggets for a little bit, but he's.
Speaker 1: Over in Spain killing euro League killing. So what I go?
Speaker 5: Dwayne Wade, Jerreal McNeil, Marcus Howard, Davonte Gardner who played there when I was there.
Speaker 1: He was our sixth man.
Speaker 5: He won six man in a year in the Big East two years in a row, which is really really hard to do. Yeah, this was when the Big East was the real Big East before it was broken up. This was like when Syracuse and Louisville and all these big time schools were in the league with us. That's four and my fifth. I'm gonna go Jay Crowder. Jay Crowder was a senior when I was a freshman, and he was really good. He was killing. He got Big East Player of the Year. So, I mean there are a lot of names. You know, Doc Rivers played at Marquette, Slow Nose alum, so you know, there's just a lot of talent that came out of there.
Speaker 1: But that's my top five.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So now we're gonna move on to the rapid fire section. But we got to be fast, like you actually like go fast, and you have to have good answers.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, ready, what is your favorite clothing brands?
Speaker 1: Oh that was not fast?
Speaker 2: Okay, you got to what is your post game cheat meal?
Speaker 1: Burger? But that's not a cheapmail though, but for anybody else that's a cheap not for one. Okay.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite.
Speaker 1: Fast chick flay? I guess what's your order? Spicy chicken sandwich, that's all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no fries?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, half and half?
Speaker 2: Okay, favorite if you could go to dinner with anyone dead or alive. Who to be.
Speaker 1: Kobe?
Speaker 2: What's your favorite movie?
Speaker 5: Dang, these are hard questions. City of Gods, I'm gonna go to a City of Gods. Favorite TV show, Curb Your Enthusiasm, great show. I love that show, slept on.
Speaker 2: Favorite video game, Call of Duty, favorite podcast. Okay, thank you, I hope you said that. Do you have any hidden talents?
Speaker 1: I'm a great cook.
Speaker 2: What can you make?
Speaker 1: I can make a lot of stuff.
Speaker 5: I'm not like a super avid cooker, but when I cook, it's fire.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: I want to try next time. We can come on.
Speaker 3: I'm a horrible chef. That doesn't work out well for me. But I can do like ramen noodles I can't do. See, Okay, that's the things we both have different strengths. So we can make like a dish for all. The ramen noodles will be the side meal, and then you'll do your own.
Speaker 1: We shall find like a kitchen where we could do like a podcast, cook and talk.
Speaker 2: That's that's always been like my dream, like always, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I can't wait a lot of guests.
Speaker 2: Yes, obviously.
Speaker 3: I also really want to do a candy review with NBA players, and I want to do an NBA players makeup?
Speaker 1: Do you want to do that make up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I want to do your makeup.
Speaker 1: I don't do makeup.
Speaker 3: Well, I was going to do your make like you're gonna do. I'm gonna do a makeup uh huh.
Speaker 1: I think you know what.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna have to decline there the only girl say yes to somebody doing makeup on me is like if I'm in a.
Speaker 1: Movie or if it's my daughter. I think are the only ways I don't have a daughter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh I see, Okay, Well you can rethink about it, because like one time I asked Anthony Davis what he does for his eyebrows, and he said nothing, And I thought that's crazy. How could he do nothing for his eyebrows, Like he needs to like brush them up with some like unassauciate of Beverly Hill's eyebrow jail.
Speaker 2: So anyway, just in case you ever rethink it, just let me.
Speaker 5: Well, so now that we're talking about eyebrows, I get yelled at a laughing my eyebrows like I got long strands?
Speaker 1: Are they like straight? Right now?
Speaker 2: You're great? I mean it would look better if I did that.
Speaker 1: I was always like, shot your eyebrows. Well that's what I'm going to do eyebrows me.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do it. See that you're making my point that I should do your makeup.
Speaker 1: Let me do your makeup? How about it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay? That okay, Now I'm have to decline that because that maybe well, actually, I'll give you a chance.
Speaker 1: Let's stick to the cooking show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, let's just agree.
Speaker 3: Let's just go to the cooking Can you describe your style in one word?
Speaker 1: Eclectic? Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: That's such big vocabulary. That's too much for my sixteen year old brains to hand.
Speaker 5: I'm really confident in the way I dress and how I put clothes on. I'll say that very common. A lot of people can't dress. I know how to dress.
Speaker 2: Who are your like top five right now in the league? Who do you think is best style?
Speaker 1: Shake? Gilg is up, He's definitely there.
Speaker 5: I like the way Jordan Clarkson dresses lou Dort Niki, Alexander Walker's.
Speaker 3: Cousin, right, Yes, like that family just puts it on every time they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can dress very well.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's there's a bunch of guys that can dress, you know, shout out to them.
Speaker 2: What is your guilty pleasure song?
Speaker 1: I don't know, just for something Friday, okay, you know, sometimes I get stuck my head. Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Swaggy Pee told me handam.
Speaker 1: On Tana, I can't do that one for me.
Speaker 3: It's Hamilton, Like when I get ready in the morning for school, I just start going like straight like Hamilton, like I'm I love him.
Speaker 1: He would sing that song all the time.
Speaker 3: Of course, like of course I know Dee, like I know you're dream that for the audience, like come on, like.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: That's another one of my goats. All my words, great guy, Yeah, okay, another one that I liked. I liked Kai Bowman a while ago. Warriors Legend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people don't know that. I like Brooks Warriors Legend.
Speaker 3: Like I see all these guys and it's like, yeah, they just Patrick McCaw that. Okay, three rings, Okay, before you Patrick McCall was my guy.
Speaker 2: And then I like switched it.
Speaker 3: And when Draymond he like said something when he was on the show about patrickmcca and I geeked out, and I was so embarrassing because it's like I'm sitting here a dream and I was like, oh my god, Patrick mccalloy, I don't know anyways, I'm such a warrior's nerd. I'm like really hearing. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Speaker 1: So you know what, it's crazy. I don't really ice cream.
Speaker 2: I'm black toast, so like favorite sorbet, I.
Speaker 1: Could do sorbet, probably like a passion fruit sorbet, or.
Speaker 3: Like Italian ice yasion, but always passions okay.
Speaker 1: But if you passion fruit on the menu, I'm going passion icy. So let's anything.
Speaker 3: You go to a gas station and there's no passion fruit and there's like the icy machine.
Speaker 1: What favor you getting cherry?
Speaker 3: I got green apple the other day. Everyone like flames me for green apple.
Speaker 1: But see you're in La.
Speaker 5: I feel like when you live in La, everything has more options, right, like the gas station.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's always like a bunch. I hear you.
Speaker 5: Where I'm at, there's just a ship around our MP and they just got the blue and cherry.
Speaker 2: What is your favorite sneaker on the court?
Speaker 1: Kobe's. I only wear Kobe's and favorite sneaker off the court probably these thunder Force. I'm actually gonna buy another pair tomorrow. Found another pair from a small boutique shot boutique shop. I'm sorry, Sol Supremacy. They're good friends of mine, so shout out to them. I've been buying us from them for fifteen years. Now.
Speaker 2: What is your go to emojim?
Speaker 1: You know the one with the little glasses where it's like looking, Yes, you mean the one?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like sitting that to people, Like what you talking about? What is your favorite candyes?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, milk chocolate milk patties from Sea's Candy.
Speaker 2: I'm I like, didn't even think I could be even more of a fan.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 2: I love seats. I love seats.
Speaker 1: We should have a sponsorship from Sea. Should podcast?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 3: When we do the cooking show, let's also do a Seas review. I'm down because I like, Okay, well, the lollipops always lollipops, but Butterscott squares are amazing so far, like it's crazy.
Speaker 2: And then milk chocolate.
Speaker 1: Bordeaux, Okay, I haven't had that.
Speaker 3: It's such a sleeper pick. No one ever get that when you go in for the free sample, I always chocolate next time you can go, or when we do it on the pop. We're thinking of so many business are going to still I know, don't no one's seen.
Speaker 2: Are you a night owl or a morning person?
Speaker 1: Both? I'm a night out naturally myself.
Speaker 5: But now that I got a son him, he's up at five thirty am, and it's like, I got no choice but to get up.
Speaker 2: Who is the most famous person in your contacts?
Speaker 1: Steph Curry, Steph Curry, Lebron Jay is probably okay, but you didn't even know.
Speaker 3: Oh you did say Lebron at the one. Sorry I forgot about your top five. Okay, who's your celebrity lookalike?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I get Jordan Poole all the time, and I get Chris Brown all the time. Like, actually, I was in Miami two days ago, some.
Speaker 1: Guys like Jordan Poole, we signed my bond.
Speaker 5: I walk up to him and I'm about to sign. I'm like, I'm not actually Jordan Poole, but I'll sign your basketball. And it's so funny to me that that's how I know people are casual fans, because it's like we played on the same team, bro, Like we have a thousand pictures together. People are comparing us and you know, blah blah. It's like, if you are a fan of Jordan, you know who I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay, So now we're going into the Sloan nose trivia. So this is the best part of because everyone goes and well you did say you were humble, but everyone goes in is like I know, I know, I know know, and they never know. Sloan knows though, but you may not. So let's see how you do want a right? Okay, what was your high school basketball ranking on the rivals dot com list of top one hundred players in the country.
Speaker 1: Was it sixty nine or sixty eight?
Speaker 2: Sixty one? So that was close? See close? Close enough? Against?
Speaker 3: Which college did you score your first collegiate points?
Speaker 1: Is it Southern University?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, I don't remember. You have one more guests Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's half a point.
Speaker 1: That's how you know what. I had to go back and be like, all right, I got to go back to freshman year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because your first game wasn't against Wisconsin, but your first points it took you a little while.
Speaker 1: I got what two points, six reounds or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something I got.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 3: How many total blocks did you have your senior year of college? No idea, Well you have to guess.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's guess thirty seven.
Speaker 2: He is very confident it's actually twelve.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, but that's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty two, you became the second player of Mexican descent to win an NBA championship.
Speaker 2: Who was the first and what team did he do it with?
Speaker 1: Mark guir Detroit Pistons.
Speaker 3: I think there's okay, you have three more questions left. I think you were at like one and a half points, which isn't bad. That's actually pretty good.
Speaker 1: What's the high the highest spencer?
Speaker 2: Dinwiti?
Speaker 3: I think he got like every question right, but not always on the first try. Most were on the first try, and then a few times I was like, ooh, you're like a decimal away and he was like redo it. But like people had gone exactly no, okay, because here's the thing. You said sixty nine and it was sixty one. He would be like twenty one point one and it was twenty one point two, and it's like I'm not gonna like that's crazy, Like if a teacher did that's be on a math past. I go crazy, fine, wrong is wrong? Okay, wow, so then do not want your half point?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wisconsin, okay?
Speaker 1: Whatever?
Speaker 2: Crazy?
Speaker 3: How many games did you start for the Golden State Warriors in totality?
Speaker 1: Yes, no clue.
Speaker 2: I guess you're not supposed to know. It's not you studied my last.
Speaker 5: Year, I started probably like well like eight games when dra got hurt, and then my two way year, I started like twenty games.
Speaker 1: Let's say, like forty two or something like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you.
Speaker 3: Said I started twenty games your last year, and then you said when dra got hurt, I started eight games, which would be twenty, which would be right. But then for some reason, I don't know what happened to your math, and you just said forty two.
Speaker 5: I mean because I played two other years, but.
Speaker 2: In your head the math was really working.
Speaker 1: I mean, and then you're just a lot going on.
Speaker 2: So what am I supposed to do? Like if I want to be like I want to be a nice person and.
Speaker 1: Give you a point, person, give me a point.
Speaker 3: But then remember a second ago when you were like if you got to want to get ound?
Speaker 1: But I got it right, and I just like kept going. It's like one of those things where it's like you got to the point already, Just.
Speaker 2: Be quiet, Okay, Sure there we go. Okay, half a point. So what you're at?
Speaker 1: Two points? Oh man, I got to get this.
Speaker 2: Yes you do?
Speaker 1: You need that two more.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well one of them is like a two point question. Okay, how many double doubles did you have in your G League career?
Speaker 1: Twelve? No? Eight? Less? Four?
Speaker 2: Yea third times. I'm not getting you point two five, that'd be like two general.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't get a point, you don't get.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now you can get two points off this one. Okay.
Speaker 3: You were number ninety five on the Warriors, like my jersey, the highest number, which is the highest number someone has ever worn.
Speaker 1: For the Dubs?
Speaker 3: Who wore the second highest number on the Dubs? And what was the number?
Speaker 1: Was it? Seventy seven? Yes? And I know this name. I'm just it was a.
Speaker 5: European place, yes, but I'm just pulling a blank on who the name is.
Speaker 1: But I know who it is, like he helped me out. No, but I know.
Speaker 2: I Okay, say it then if you know what's it?
Speaker 1: Damn Well, how about pulling the blank. I know who it is.
Speaker 2: You already got one point.
Speaker 5: It was like in twenty fourteen or something like that, something fifteen. Play with them? Is it Radmanovich? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go. That was that was very cluch.
Speaker 3: See I just need to let you get there on your own and then you did it. So you finished like four.
Speaker 1: Points, which is good.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: The same amount of double doubles you had in your day career see learnering you every day, right, not twelve you just I have to mention that actually, Okay, My last question for you one is who do you want to nominate as the next Sloan Nose guest.
Speaker 1: Thank you, We're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna try to work on that, Okay, you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for me too. Thank you, guys, Thank you so much. That was so fun.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening. You can get links to my socials and see behind the scenes fun from one and I in the show notes, or just search at Sloan Nose on Instagram, TikTok or you to remember that's Sloan with the me