Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros m LB. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. It is B Joey P Joe P's a pea with me today for an awesome, amazing, spectacular mock draft episode. It's the Welsh, the Scott Bogman, and the Joe Rico and we've got six of our favorite friends from our Discord Fantasypros dot com slash chat, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks live here on Twitch. You can follow us on Twitch at twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros. That's pretty easy to remember. We've got emojis now. I think that are working on the channel too, so that's very exciting. Scott Bogman, I know you're a huge emoji fan, so when you heard that news today, how excited were you for the beginning of the program.
Speaker 2: Couldn't be more excited. It's emojis and then opening day for baseball for me, so I was pumped about it for sure.
Speaker 1: It's good combination. It's a good combination. And speaking of opening Day, Joe Rico with opening Dave comes getting closer and closer to Guy's going in the eye and it looks like the pitchers are ramping up, they continue to step backwards.
Speaker 3: I did a draft Tuesday night and I took Jerry Jones as my SP four. So I need the season to start and I need another draft here to kind of cleanse my palatee after that, because I'm gonna be dropping my SP four on the first FAB run this Sunday, so I definitely need another draft to clear mind.
Speaker 4: I need to know where have the The big talk of the town here around Fantasy Pros was your Roki Sazaki rank. Absolutely shocked at the show that we did, so I got to hear we did this on discord. I told Piece of p about it. Where have you settled on Roki Sazaki?
Speaker 5: Twenty seven?
Speaker 4: Still pretty high?
Speaker 5: Too high for your program? Pretty high.
Speaker 1: But today we're gonna be doing our draft. It's in the mock draft lobby, and as you could see, the Peanuts and Cracker Dracks are with us. If you want to be cool, like the cool kids are getting on some of these drafts, and you got to go over and join us on our discord again, fantasypros dot Com slash chat. It's free, it's fun, and when you're a premium over Fantasy Pros, you get accessed to even more channels and the AMAS and a lot more. And also you should be running all the mock drafts you can if you've got mock drafts coming up this weekend or next week before the season starts. I got my home league the night before because I'm going as far as I can. I am pushing a limit until baseball actually starts. But use the mock draft simulator. Use Draft Wizard download right now wherever you get your apps. Draft Wizard it's the best way to prepare for all of your drafts. That way, it gives you real time recommendations. It's also got the League Sync Fixture two. The Draft Assistant will mock up directly to your real life draft, give you insights, give you picks, give you recommendations, and also help you especially in those roto leagues too with the categories being able to see where categories as you're drafting, you're behind, you're ahead. It's incredibly helpful. You'll see it here live on Action today, and of course it's on our YouTube channel as well, so subscribe to the YouTube channel because we are closing it on twenty five thousand. We want to get there before opening day. I think we can do it, and whenever we hit twenty five thousand, you'll get Mario and Luigi aka Joey and the Welsh dressing up once again, cause playing, So that's gonna be fantastic. Look at this got Premium yesterday Positive Grouch, which is kind of a you know, oxymoron, but we love oxy morons around here. Let's talk about the draft today. It's short drafts, the same thing. Uh, they're just very clean. They use that oxy clean. They're incredibly clean morons. We've got ten teams here joining us today. We've got Michael, We've got one player, We've got show May, We've got the Welsh, we've got Frankie, Chewbacca's back again, Bogman is here at one oh eight, Venom is back again at one oh nine, and Joel Rico in the ten spot. Head to head categories is what we're doing. So we're gonna start this bad boy up. And yes, I did take the one spot today because well, frankly, I'm I'm hosting as well, so it's a lot easier for me to just pick on the turn and I just did one where I was at the bottom. So now we're gonna go to the top. I've done them in the middle too. I think it was five last time, Welsh, wasn't I last time we did this. I don't want to hear anybody complaining that I'm in the one you want to complain, I think it's somewhere else. Care all right? Uh for this one pick. It is interesting because in the ten team league, the supply and demand a little bit different in terms of what's available for you. You're gonna have more pictures available supplying demand wise. Outfield, we are playing four outfielders. We're doing corner infield, we're doing two util spots. No bench today either. I'm gonna start things off with my boy Bobby Witt Junior at the shortstop position. See how this one goes. So I'm not gonna pass an Otani for somebody else. Let them do it and see if I can still win the draft. That's my challenge. Michael's up next. Our next guest here, Chris Welsh, is at one oh five. So Welsh, you've been loving this one o five spot. So tell me what are are you looking for? You're looking for the Jose Ramirez fall, the Wan Soto fall. What do you need to call in guest.
Speaker 4: By the way, thanks, Hey, thanks for having me on your show, Joe. I'm really happy. This is a great show.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Joe and Friends here, everybody, Joe, He's a p and Friends never.
Speaker 4: Lets you know Ward nominated show that you only solely put together. So thanks for having me just be a little, tiny baby part of it. I pick five because it was the best pick that had some separation between you guys. Not that I'm necessarily in love with it, but I have talked about loving this area because in a perfect world, I'm gonna get Ellie de la Cruz. This is not a perfect world, so I won't get Ellie dey la Cruz, but I get a choice between Judge, Jusi Ramirez and Ellie. So an a ten team in any league format, this is an incredible spot in a ten team. That five, I'm also going to wrap around into an incredible place. So five is like absolutely ideal here and I'm going to get my dream. Dreams do come true. And it's only because you invited me on your show, Joe, So thank you so much of a live take Ellie de la Cruz on your program.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's nice to be treated as a guest. You know what I mean, Like I mean, it means I treat you better than I would normally treat you, I would think. So Bobby Wood goes one show, he goes to Aaron Judge goes three, Jose Ramirez at four, Ellie de Lacruz to the Welsh at five. So Bogman, you're at eight. So when you're drafted from the eight spot in a ten team league, again, calculus changes a little bit. When they're in these shallower leagues. You really got to load up on that star power. Are you somebody that because there might be a little bit more supplying amount of hitting, Or willing to go pitching early or are you willing to go prefer maybe pitching later.
Speaker 4: Say his name, just say his name. Who you're gonna take, You're gonna beat around the bush, Just say who you're taking. We know who you're taking.
Speaker 2: I'm taking corporate Carol. Everybody knows. But I answer the question, but also, uh, I'm not I'll take pitching at the end of the round, not in not even at eight, So end of the round I'll do it. I won't do it here. I like a pitcher to fall back to me in this spot. They never do, so I just this this part, this part of the draft to me, has been the most challenging. So since it's a mock, I just wanted to see what I put together. I was drafted from eight yesterday when Welsh and I did a mock for i TL and I actually put together the best team that I feel like I put together yet. So it was positive yesterday. So we'll see if I like it.
Speaker 4: You have a really you have a really good shot at a picture. We saw pocket Aces go in a twelve team mock draft we did. I don't think Rico is going to be a crazy person like that, as he's not, So you are going to actually you are officially going to get one of those pictures if you want it, Boggs.
Speaker 1: If you want them. So Ellie goes to Welsh at one O five, one O six to one Soto, then Kyle Tucker at win O seven, Corbyn Carroll at one O eight to bog bogmin Why Carol over Gunnar Henderson just had a curiosity because.
Speaker 2: Gunner Henderson has the oblique going into the season and Corbyn Carroll doesn't. I mean that's pretty simple.
Speaker 1: Matt Okay Fernando Tattis Junior at the turn to Joe Rico along with hometown hero of Vlad Guerrero Junior, Joey. When you heard yesterday the you know, the GM talking about we're hopeful we get an extension done. Did did you buy that at all? On the Vlatty News.
Speaker 3: He's totally full of it. I don't believe a word he says. I hope he's right, but I'm not taking him at face value anymore. They do not serve the benefit of the doubt. But I think Vladdie going into a contract year, I think he's I think he's going to have a massive season, like I have him predicted for American League MVP. I think he's going to just go for forty bombs hit three twenty and just blow up and then get a massive contract.
Speaker 5: Probably from Uncle Steve. Joe.
Speaker 3: You guys are probably gonna kind of me, But I'll take him this year in the contract here when he's got all these people talking about him, and he's doing interviews talking about maybe going to the Yankees, and I feel like this is a year for him to just blow up.
Speaker 5: And then Tatis is the other pick. He's been a little bit.
Speaker 3: Disappointing the last couple of years, but I feel like there's still a thirty thirty bat there potentially.
Speaker 5: Oh I do too.
Speaker 1: I mean, yesterday did strike out on three pitchers against Adrian Houser. I watch that happen in real time. Mooki Betts goes at two two Bogman, You took Paul Skeens instead of school Bawl. So what made you do that? Just out of curiosity?
Speaker 2: I mean they're both, They're both kind of a coin flip here. I feel like Skeens just has more upside than any pitcher in baseball. So with all of them being so volatile, give me the guy with the most upside.
Speaker 1: Okay, So after that upside of Skiens, Lindor goes next to Juwbaka, Frankie takes Julio Welsh, you ended up taking to Reschooble. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 4: Should? Pretty solid about it. I don't do this often. I do tend to take a third round pitcher in Garrett Croche a lot. But you know, in the ten team, the player pool is it's a lot more accessible having elite, elite players at certain positions to sacrifice getting high end hitters is okay to me. So to be able to get like a theoretical number one overall pitcher at two, there's just still a great playerpool that's about to come back to me. So I'm pretty I'm pretty confident with I passed up some good players, but I think this build and a ten team, I just like, we're all gonna have good pictures. But if you can have a separator of having eliteness in certain spots, I think it's a It's a really solid advantage. So I'm happy about it, and I'm a Joe Rico.
Speaker 1: Is elite is a word?
Speaker 5: Elite neis?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I think it's the word. Yeah, I should know this. I went to journalism school. I should know this.
Speaker 1: I was good. That's why I asked you. I figured, well, I asked the journalism school guy. If eliteis is a word, you should be right on that, yes or no.
Speaker 4: Elateness miss elitnistniss.
Speaker 5: That's where you might be pushing it a little bit with the elite.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, that might be a little too much elite. Bryce Harper goes at two oh seven to show May then we have Alvarez going next at two eight Jackson Tiro to a nine. At the turn, I was contemplating, you know, the Freddie Freeman health I feel like, just really worried, like the end of last year at the beginning of this year too. I'm sure he'll be fine. This was a point that he got, take Freddy Freeman. But it's not it's head to head roto category. So I want guys to do everything.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And Zach Wheeler was very tempting. He did go right after I made my two selections, but instead I went when Jared Duran and Jackson Merrill two outfielders. They give you power, give you speed, give you everything, give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire, and I'm very happy. There you go. So I love these first three picks. To me, this is a super annoying team to deal with in a shallow rodo head to head format. Zach Wheeler goes at three oh two, Trey Turner three oh three. Austin Riiley was the other guy was contemplating. He goes at three oh four. The Welsh cad tell Marte, Yeah, Homer, nice pick here at three oh five.
Speaker 4: Now what a horrible pick, cold, tell Marte with thirty five home and high batting average and runs and RBI. Now I think this is what we're talking about, Like it's there's a great third round value. I've never gotten to tell Marte before, so you know, I can kind of bounce around between hitting and pitching. Speaking of Homer, just real quick. Looking at the chat, Laker had asked about a lot of Corbyn Carroll stuff. He I dont know why Corbyn Carroll got everybody all excited. Maybe it's because Bagman and I are there, But he said, how's Corbyn's shoulder? From all intentsive purposes, it looks like it is in a great spot. He's had a killer spring. That's the other thing with Gunner, Like Gunner has had this injury, he's amazing. But Corbyn Carroll, it looks like he's back on his rookie level stuff. He's hitting the ball well and his shoulder looks great. So I think that's why it makes a lot of sense to take him at eight, and you know, no injury like Gunner Henderson.
Speaker 1: Right now, Frankie takes Jess Chisman three six, Garrett Crochet off the board of three seven. I was wondering if you're gonna go scooball crochet and try to like, you know, a little bit of a show off there.
Speaker 4: I might have, well, not now, but I doubt now. I was thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Well, I knew it wasn't making it back to you, Freddie Freeman to Scott Bogman. So where I was afraid, Scott bog is courageous. So Freddy Freeman. Look, first base in any depth of league isn't as deep as it used to be. Box, I know you're on the clock. I'll let you pick. Then we'll come back to here. Two trusted Venom at Jose Ao two A three h nine and then Joe Rico at the turnold and Gilbert three ten and four a one man in Machado. So you got Vlad at first, Machado at third. You got your starting pitcher, you got your outfielder, Joe. This is pretty good looking build so far.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I like the bass.
Speaker 3: I've got a little bit of speed, although that's probably something I need a little bit later on. But I've got a nice base of power and batting average, which I think is very hard to come across later in the draft. I also got an ace that I can rely on for probably close to two hundred innings again, so very much liking the start. But I'm worried a little bit about the speed. But in a ten team league, I don't really need to worry so much.
Speaker 1: That's right. We do have two RP spots to fill as well in this one, So Michael Harris to trusted Vendom, who's autogantically get an F for me. Raphael Deveres to Scott Bogman, So Bogman for a guy who's worried, you know, worries about injury. Guys, Devor is not exactly one hundred percent. Also having some you know, be some unhappiness settling in there too. You maybe, you know, Papa gummy into his breakfast to see if maybe he starts feeling better about.
Speaker 2: This move to DH eventually listen, uh, if I'm sitting here in the fourth round and Devers is available to me, And by the way, he played one hundred and thirty eight games last year, so it's not like you missed a big chunk of the season or anything. And you know, Freddie Freeman, I think he's gonna be fine by the time real opening day rolls around. So let's let's go. I love these guys falling. This is a perfect draft for me. So far, I am loving it. The only thing that I didn't like was when Welsh too Ketel Marte two picks or three picks or whatever in front of me, because that's who I That's who I wanted really with that Freddie spot. But I love these guys dropping. And you were asking about Carol before. Carol's hitting three ninety four with four bombs this spring so good. Shoulder looks fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's pretty good, all right, Matt Olsen at four oh four, Pete Alonzo four oh five. Welsh, you took Ronald of Cooney at four h six. You absolute hit you all these shows we keep doing, you freaking hypocrite. How dare you take giving me crap on all these shows? Or has my good logic finally seeped into your dense brain finally that Ronda Cooney is a good pick here.
Speaker 4: Hah, your logic has not seeped in whatsoever. But we're a team. I'm on the clock, though, so let me all right, So gohead you pick.
Speaker 1: I'll come back to you and let you find an excuse for a while. You took Rondakutia and you can get me crap about why I do made I made no, no, no. Now now you have to wait. The guests to have to wait. If you were really the host of the show, you can talk Ozzy Alby's at four oh seven, Corey Seeger four o waight, Chris Sale at four o nine. I was gonna go Sale Reagan's instead, I had to settle for Reagans and Blake Snell. I'll do that in the pitching run has begun, folks after Snell. By the way, that's a pretty good duo right there, got them big lefty strikeout guys. Oh Man, rotation man, Blake snell Man, Corbyn Burns. The number two starter apparently on the Diamondbacks is by all that money is that gallon? Starting opening day, Dylan Ceas goes at five zho three. This is the sweet spot and I'm glad I grabbed the two because obviously there it goes Albi's at four oh seven grade value. By the way, the showmate who then takes William Contreras at five to four, and then well she took whitet langforst so get doubled up on outfield. Ellie Marte Acunya Langford and schoobll as the ace. So let's talk about Acunia. Let's talk about Langford.
Speaker 4: So, like I've I've been kind of anti ronald'cunya in a lot of spots, but we're playing in a ten team and that was my whole thing with Rea School earlier is in a ten team, we've got the ability to just rebalance out this roster more than any other thing. And that's also why you know, you've heard a lot of people say like, well in a ten team, this is this in a you know, a twelve or fifteen, the values are different. Man, I can I can redo this? Like I just got White Langford. Is I have to put a little bit more focus on outfield taking Acunya, but like his talent, that I'm going to be able to baseline it with four outfielders is a no brainer in the fourth round here. So like as much as I've been turning against it, ten team kind of opens things up. So ronald'cunya with Ellie Da la Cruze could tell Marte White Langford, we might they might make this my show. After this show, might you might be kicking rocks and this will be my show.
Speaker 1: Well that brings us to this week's Chasing Challenges, brought to you by Microsoft. Just like the athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible, business decision makers today are turning challenges into opportunities, and Microsoft meets you where you are with tools and guidance to help you make an impact with safe, secure AI solutions. So whatever the challenge you're facing, Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say, bring it on. And in this segment, we spotlight the challenge faced by drafting Ronald Acunya. That's right, because you are going to miss him for a few weeks of the season, possibly into mid May, maybe late May. We don't know. What I do know is I did see Ronald Acunya fielding questions from reporters, and my goodness, he looked happy and lighthearted. He didn't seem like a guy who was in pain, didn't seem like a guy who had any issues. He said, he was basically ninety nine five percent already. That to me is a very positive sign. I think the language is important. I think the demeter is important when a guy's coming back for an injury. And the word he used when they asked him how do you feel? He said, I feel strong And guess what I feel strong too, Ronald. I feel strong about drafting you in the third round if you're still sitting there, because I will take five months of Ronald Acunya over pretty much everybody outside the top twenty players in Major League Baseball. So give me Ronald Acunya there. And as Welsh's pointing out, the shallow leagues easier to take Ronald Acunya. Why because the replacement value on the waiver wire is a lot easier to deal with. So for me, not so much of a challenge, but the patience. That's where the challenges lie, when it's waiting for Ronald Acunya to come back and be just awesome. And that's this week's chasing challenges. Remember Microsoft AI solutions empower you to take bold steps and new ideas to help drive your business forward. With Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions and reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot com slash challengers to learn more. All right, let's get this mock draft going again. Uh we have Wyatt Langford, then O'Neal cruz at five oh six, Chewy takes James Wood of five oh seven. Here we go, Jacob de Gram, Scott Bogman. I don't even what have you done? What's Scott Pogin? What have you done? Well?
Speaker 2: They already said.
Speaker 1: He's gonna spend time on the iel, and you're taking You're taking Jacob de Gram. I know he's your two, but come.
Speaker 2: On, yes, he's my two to Paul Schemes. By the way, and you didn't get to see a Rico squirm like I did right when I did pick Jacob. You know what to pick, Sjo Rico is.
Speaker 1: The best thing that could happen to you in this draft is that he takes Jacob to Graham.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm on an island with de Gram. I I think he's fine. Like, I don't even care if they're gonna limit him, Like if they're gonna go five or six innings starts, Let's say he makes twenty five starts. That's factoring in like even a month off. That's one hundred and fifty innings twenty five by five. I think he's so potentially a PSIM.
Speaker 1: Would value those innings just out of curious. I'm gonna look at see.
Speaker 2: What, So that's better than taking on the last time he pitched, Joe.
Speaker 1: I know the last time he pitched with twenty nineteen, So that's the last time he pitched. And you know what, Look it is now twenty twenty five. I've had it with all this Jacob de Grom apologist nonsense. It's crazy to me. It's a penman league. He's my second picture. You're telling me that Michael King, Pablo Lopez goes out there, there's one hundred and eighty innings every year, uh imnauga, considering how good he looked on a really good Cub team, like you're you'd rather take da Gram obviously than all franber Valdez's steady Eddie every year. All those guys more comfortable than d Grom.
Speaker 2: Every picture has injury risk, Joe, every single one.
Speaker 1: D Grom has every single injury risk. He is the worst about this.
Speaker 4: But everybody hurts.
Speaker 2: He's my number two. I just want to reiterate that he is my my number two pitcher, and I will take one hundred and twenty Jacob de gram innings over one hundred and fifty of all of those guys that you just mentioned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it probably is. You'll have to get three seasons. Jacob Grama gets one hundred and twenty. Maybe a risk I'm willing to take in it. I'm just I'm just breaking your chops. But it's again a point counterpoint you decide in your dress would you like better a manual? Class A five h nine. Devin Williams did, Joe Alrico so Eurico. Your your pivot was just to not take a starting picture at all. You took a reliever in Kyle Schwarber. Are those spike picks here? Did you just get mad about the de Grom thing or what?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: I wanted Clausay and Lawrence Butler and then when you pause the draft, something got messed up and it gave me Shoorber instead of Lawrence Butler.
Speaker 5: But I'll take it like that's my fault.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, I'm blaming it on you. It's your fault, but I'm I'm taking it like that.
Speaker 2: And then I took Lawrence Butler also, but.
Speaker 5: It's honestly like Schoreber.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Bogwin just has the team that I want here essentially, but Sharber is still gonna give me forty plus homers like I didn't really need the power considering the bill I have. But now I just can sit back and kind of relax. In terms of home runs, I'm tied for first and projected home runs, so I'm pretty fine with that, and then getting a lockdown closer, like there's gonna be a run here at some point. I have Williams as my number two closer, so I don't mind it pivoting off at de Grom, but I always want to Groam.
Speaker 5: I want him time.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. So Lawrence Butler Bogwin. Now I love Lawrence Butler. So now we're friends again. I think he's got upside for a thirty thirty season. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean it was ever since the All Star break last year. Right he went into the Ulcar break, he hit three bombs and coming out of that just started mashing. And hopefully that can continue into this season and he can be an All Star again. He was absolutely outstanding last year.
Speaker 1: Okay, after Butler, Michael King goes to Chewi, Frankie takes to Oscar. Welsh is on the clonk with Brent Rooker, So I'll let him take his seventh round pick. Mason Miller at six h seven, cj Abrams six oh eight, Yamamoto at six point nine, and then I went ahead and took my corners. This is this is the perfect storm. This is my tear drop off. There were two third basemen. I still liked Ken and Arrow and Vientos, and then there was one first baseman. I still love this, Josh Nailer. So I got Nailor and kem and Arow. This could not be better because I fear the drop off at the corners. I don't like it even at ten team leagues. This is exactly what I wanted. I got two starters, two outfielders of Superstar and Bobby Witt, and I got my corners done there. Fran Bar Valdos goes next at seven oh two, seven oh three, hater iman Aga Welsh, Logan Web, very steady pick there. I love the Brent Rooker selection. So you've got some real power here building which is terrific, really good offense, and now you've dipped back into the pitching well. As Logan Web is your two, how do you feel about him as your number two and Rooker's power.
Speaker 4: I'm okay, well, Rooker, I'm very happy about it. I'm trying to take Rooker everywhere I can. I want to go for massive power. I was thinking about double down, doubling down on more really really big power, but I pivoted just because I only have Schooble. I like logan Web to get a bunch of innings. He's not exactly I don't I think the biggest upside play. But I also think taking logan Web is my number two, even though it's a tiny bit higher, enables me to take some shots because we are we're about to enter this pitching It's not a dead zone. It's this weird pitching zone. It's a twilight pitching zone where there's all these pitchers with like different injuries and potential upsides and stuff like that. And I feel like logan Web kind of enables me on that a tiny bit more. But Rooker I'm very very happy with.
Speaker 1: So the one thing Welsh likes, it's a good enabler. That's what he wants. He wants to get enabled there. All right, let's continue on here with the rest of the picks. After Welsh, a selection of Logan Web. Marcus Simeon at seven oh six, I gotta tell you, I thought that was a lock there, Welsh, I'm surprised. Another other shock. Oh that's right, you aread a Marte. That's right. Who cares you play him at the middle infield spot? You just be a jerk.
Speaker 4: I want to find Joe Rico is a bad person. Yeah, not a good person, And I don't think he should be on this show anymore because he's purposely trying to hurt me and I don't think it's great.
Speaker 2: No more guests.
Speaker 1: Here's one from Watkins. Here I have Naylor and Walker. Hope Walker stays healthy with a rooker on top. Well, that's your private life, so you tell me whatever that's all about. All right, Let's go to Bogman's pick. Marcelo Zuna at seven eight, very good one. There he's on the clock from the eighth round. George Kirby at seven o nine, and then the afore mentioned hated Joe Alrico, Spencer Schwellenbach, and Tyler Glass. Now that this is how you build upside right here, third starter Tyler Glass. Now again we'll get to one hundred and fifty innings. I don't know, but he does pitch on the Dodgers, So I'm willing to find out. So let's talk about Schwellenbach and Glass now here. Give me your thoughts on these two picks here, Joe, I've grown, I've.
Speaker 3: Grown to love dwell and Bach Well. It's just part of the reason why probably doing shows with him all draft season. I love him. I love Schwellenbach. I think he's a top twenty pitch of this season. And this is the kind of format where you take a chance on a Glass now when it's a ten team league, when their replacement values high in deeper formats, he's probably your SP two, maybe even some people have MSP one, but SP three. Even if he does miss some time, there's lots of options on the waiver wire in a ten team league.
Speaker 5: So gimme Glass now all day.
Speaker 1: Giving him Glass now, boys and girls, all right, So after Glass now goes, you have Stephen Kwan off the board, who improved his power last year. So the whole segment on that, it was very interesting how he did that. Scott Bogman, you got a closer here, Russell Iglesias, So Ozuna and Iglesias go into Atlanta for two.
Speaker 2: Picks here, Box, Yeah, I mean the big Bear just gives you such a boost, right, with all the power numbers and the batting average was high last year, so Uhlkozuna where I got him there? And then I just you know, the closers are gonna start going even in a ten man league, They're gonna fly off the board pretty quick here. So I wanted to get one of the elite ones. And I think the Braves are gonna win a bunch of games this year, so Iglesias should have a ton of saves.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's move on here to some of the other picks here. Welsh is a good one here, love this one. Alex Bregman goes eight o four to eight oh five Santander, and then Luis Robert to the Welsh at eighth six. Robert could be a league winner. I've been talking about this for a while. I know we all have healthy in the beginning of the year. What a great opportunity for him to get moved somewhere else and what that could possibly do for his draft stock and obviously his fantasy value here he's only one year removed from a brilliant thirty plus homer twenty plus homer season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I need to make sure I'm back up outfield, just a tiny bit more with a kunya, and I got a lot aboutting average. I've got Kotel, I've got a Kunya. I've got Langford Rooker. If he can, you know, get into a similar range of where he was last year, Ellie could maybe go either way so I can boost up a tiny bit of the batting average. Concerns that might go with Luis Robert. But he fits my bill absolutely perfectly, So that's why I jumped down it.
Speaker 1: Brian Reynolds eight oh seven to show may one player takes hells Ley than Brenton Doyle goes to Michael. I took Riley Greed at eight oh ten. I love me some Riley green Man. I think he is on the precipice of really having a different level season. But last year, one hundred and thirty seven games, twenty four homers scored eighty plus runs, drove in seventy four at four steals, two sixty patting average. I think there's another level in his game. And then Aaron Nola steady as it goes, third starter, love this great team, good situation, prove bullpen Adley Rutchman at nine oh two. Then at nine oh three, Willia damas Seya Suzuki at nine oh four. The Welsh goes closer at nine oh five with Andre's Munioz. I almost took him just to see how irritated I could get you el then I decided to just back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know I would have been I had actually been thinking about him a tiny bit earlier. But yeah, I've said I think Andris Munios has got the potential to be a top five closer this year, especially if that kick change up starts to play any little extra role into his arsenal. But you got pitchers that are gonna put him in the spot. You just need an offense that's going to score some runs. But I love the upside of Andres Munos, and he was the last of like a tier, you know, unless you feel like really positive about Felix Batista, and you know he's going to maybe miss some back to backs and stuff. But I love Andres Munios. I'm happy to have got a closer since we are locking closers down with two rpace spots.
Speaker 1: Well, look, Batista one hundred and ten strikeouts in twenty twenty three, just sixty one innings. That's a very exciting prospect, you know, opening Day's data is still uncertain for him, and we'll see how that goes. So do you think that Welsh Batista is a guy that you will see in April?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it already looks like that's going to be the case. But they're not going to like let him pitch back to backs. He's not going to get every save opportunity, and I kind of think that could continue for a little while. So yeah, no, I think they're going to throw him out in April, but I just am not sure about the you know, the I don't know if he hits thirty saves this year, so I think he comes at a little bit high of a cost.
Speaker 1: Okay, next on the draft board, after Welsh's selection of Andres Munio's Bryce Miller ten or Biby Bob mean, you take Jordan Westburg as the you know, year's gone on here so far in spring you see Kobe Meyo sent down. That's good for Westburg's value and coming off of a productive season, do you think he can repeat what he did last year in one hundred and seven games over a full one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: Something, I hope, So, you know, and he is hitting very well in spring. He's not driving in a bunch, but he is hitting three oh eight. So I think that's a pretty strong start, looking good, and I really need a second basement, and it really starts to fall off here, so wanted to get one in Westbrook. Was still available to me.
Speaker 1: Christian Walker at nine o nine, and then at the turn another closer to Joe Rico, Joan Duran and then we have Boba Schett here on the bounce back another one too. It's just on the the big Instagram account of the Blue Jays chatting with the buddy of mine over there. He's a big fan of our show, by the way, So Dan, if you're listening, shout out to Dan. And we were talking about this lineup, and I'm very positive about Bobachet's bounce back potential. I think last year just injuries and just never got going. When you got guys playing for money like Vladdie and Bobaschet, it's a good scenario and Bobachet's in a good spot here to bounce back. Look at this value you're getting year over year a tenth round pick. I know it's a ten team league, but still tenth round is huge value for a guy you know just a year ago, very different draft stock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not beating the Homer allegations having Guerrero and Bashett on this team.
Speaker 1: No, not at all. But I'm waiting for you to take Dave Steve with your nuts.
Speaker 5: Yet.
Speaker 3: The thing that I really like early trend in Spring is that he's pulling the ball quite a bit more than he has throughout his career. For this career, he's been about thirty percent in Spring, forty five percent of the time he's pulling the ball. Definitely a good sign for his power. And I don't like to pay for saves on the way, so I took you on to ram with the other pick. I have both my reliever spots locked down and then I don't have to worry about it anymore.
Speaker 5: But yeah, Boba Shad, I love Bowl this year.
Speaker 4: One thing I want to throw out, even though this isn't my show, Real Quick is Fantasy Pros.
Speaker 1: It feels like it.
Speaker 4: You can see in the chat our Fantasy Pros accounts said, Hey, if you don't follow us, make sure to hit that follow button. I want you guys to do it. Also because our dear producer Michael Kelly also worked very hard to get live emojis moving animated emojis when you follow, So if someone is in here who's not following us, follow immediately so we can see the emoji. It will literally make Michael Cally's day. There it is, look at that the chief.
Speaker 5: You are the.
Speaker 4: Winner, just followed. Shout out to the chief. Knock ao with the animated emoji. Please keep doing it so we can see it. You literally made Michael Kelly's day.
Speaker 5: Who's the host? Now?
Speaker 1: Good at this? Maybe they should make you a host someday. Joe, do you see Julio Driguez bouncing back of the season? Well, I mean it was a pretty decent season. Just slow start again. And can Roy s Lewis ever stay healthy? I'll take that one for you. The answer is no, No, we can't. But Joe Rico, what are your thoughts on Julio this year?
Speaker 5: I like Julio a lot.
Speaker 3: I like him more as like an early second rounder as opposed to a first round pick. But there's so many nice pairings you can make at the end of the first round. He gives you like a twenty five twenty five floor. You can take him with a Vladdie or an Alvarez or any really anybody at that end of the first round. And I really like the pairings you can get out of him when he is going in the first round. I think it's a little bit too rich. There's some drafts re ends up at eight or nine. I prefer him at thirteen to fifteen. But I think he's still in for a good season.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get another question in here too. This is from the Big Dance. Thoughts of the Brave signing for Dugo that just went down recently. We're just talking about that, right Welsh the Verdugo signing. Profar Kealen Egg, Brian Dela Cruz, A cou youa coming back sooner than later? Outfield getting crowded, well, Big Dance, I mean it depends on your idea of crowded. Because Jared Kelnick is not good at baseball, and I'm tired of constantly hearing how this is the year where it turns around. I am salty. It's Friday. You think i'd be in a good mood. I'm miserable for some reason.
Speaker 4: Today he kind of forgot a key player. Michael Harris. I know, Joe, you won't think any point in your life.
Speaker 1: So far, looked Profar looked terrific. Yesterday had a great hit. I'm not worried about the wrist at all. Uh, I'm not worried about Michael Harris. He's fine and Akuni will be back. I think this is just definitely because I think they realize that Kellennick is no good Welsh. What do you think?
Speaker 4: Uh say that that? Yeah, No, I don't think kell Nick is any good I don't. I don't think whatsoever that he's that good of a player. Alex Radugo, they gave him minor it was actually this weird thing where they gave him like this minor league one option. It's a major league deal, but he can go down to the minors so he can kind of do his spring training. He can come up and he's going to be able to be the fourth outfielder for them long term or if kun is going to miss some time. I don't think kel Nick is heavy into the consideration. Yeah, he's not that great of a player, unfortunately.
Speaker 1: And that's why Donnie signed up for Twitch, just to be here with us every day, cousin don Each show Donnie shooting straight with Donnie Seed the other Knight. If you want to watch some fun stories about our youth, go watch that podcast on YouTube. But yes, I don't need a snack. I actually just ate. So you think it was the blood sugar situation, it's not. I'm just I'm I've had it with certain players. I'm over the Royce Lewis's, I'm over the Jacob de Grams. I'm just over it. And I feel like it's because I've hung out with Scott Bogmin so much. Why he's like, stop taking injured guys, and you know what, He's right, and then he think guy takes playing. Yeah, so that's why IM all right. After let's go through here. Where do we leave off? We left off with Boba shit, Mark Viento's goes to ten o two. Bogman, you took Luis Cassillo tenno three. I know you're on the clock. We'll come back to Cody Bellinger at tennoh four, Freddy Pearol to teno five, Welsh look at you, yes, sexy Beast, Spencer Streider at ten oh six, then Hunter Green at ten oh seven, Max Free to ten o eight, Matt McClain at ten nine. I took Batista at ten ten, I'm gonna give it a shot here. And he was the highest guy on the board suggested by draft Wizard, and I listened to draft Wizard Luis Garcia. Everybody knows a favorite of mine second base, So infield done now is just about bpa rested draft for me, Hunter Brown, Bailey Ober, Joe Ryan and then back to Welsh Welsh stryder McClanahan. Ooh wee, that is some sexy back and starting pitching. You're building there, if of course they can stay healthy.
Speaker 4: Remember what I said earlier, I said taking logan web enables me to get a little wow. It'd be a wild and crazy guy, and that's what I wanted to do. Get Strider McLanahan. I want massive, massive upside, and you know what, We're gonna go one more round Cuz suck at Bogman Zach Gallon for my nice sp and I'm building core big innings eaters with some huge upside for maybe the greatest rotation of any ten team Fantasy Baseball league ever created.
Speaker 1: And not a bad offense like I haven't done it despite offense, because you've got the value of akunya. I mean to be honest, I don't love going as heavy starting pitching, but this is the sweet spot. You've definitely hit it there After McClanahan goes Sonny Xavier Edwards Boggan, you took Tovar. Let's talk about Castillo and Tovar your last two picks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Castillo. I just I had to back up my Jacob de Grom pick right, and even a little bit with Paul Skeins pick. So Castillo fell. He came in a great value. I thought that one was very, very good, so loved backing him up there.
Speaker 5: And then was.
Speaker 2: Who's the other pick we're talking about here? Sorry? It was Castillo and the next Tovar. Tovar was another guy that just kept falling and falling and falling and falling. In the eleventh round, I don't have a starting shortstop. I thought he just represented kind of a tear break and value, so I went ahead and snapped him up right.
Speaker 4: There's an interesting question in here, Joe, whenever you wanted to get to Todd's question, whenever you're ready for it, because this is a really good question to tackle as far as a de Gram versus Strider thing.
Speaker 1: Does it coon you have that negative a cl this one from Todd.
Speaker 4: No, no, he does have negative as one.
Speaker 1: At what point would we rank Strider ahead of de Gram? Now that's my answer right now.
Speaker 4: Have you done it right now? Have you done that in your ranks?
Speaker 1: I did update my ranks yesterday. I want to say that is true. I will double check them right now, but I want to say that is true for me anyway.
Speaker 4: Now, you put Strider over to Grom?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 4: I love it? No, I mean I necessarily just Strider might have more innings at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: It's just a gram is healthy, more innings younger one's thirty six. The other is you know one s Pitcher for the Braves, another strong organization that.
Speaker 2: You you better hope that Jacob de Grom does not make it two one hundred innings.
Speaker 1: Here's the question of being concerned about it.
Speaker 4: Ready, Okay, Joel Rico, do you have Roki Sazaki over Jacob de Grom. That's what we need to know. No, you guys give over Strider.
Speaker 5: No, Strider's ahead of Rochy good Man?
Speaker 4: Good Man?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: De Gram? I have at thirty four and I spend it so yea dang it. I love it like as if I'm not a met fan who has constantly watched the saga of Jacob de Gram's in a ability to get on a mound for more than two times at a clip in the last five years before he left. I mean, come on, man, I love him. He's great. He is one of the great pitchers to ever grace our presence. But as a fantasy investment, as a number two starter, I just can't get there in any league. I get it in the you know, on the ten team you want to you want to throw something against the wall again, you could back it up easier because the replacement value is better. So I totally get that. So Xavier Edwards to Vard, to Bogman, Roki Sazaki right before you a Rico that's got a sting justin Steel at eleven ten and then Christopher Sanchez Steele and Sanchez two Welsh favorites there for you, Joe A Rico. So you continue to kind of, you know, drive the knife in a little bit here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, That's what I'm trying to do at this point. That's the main goal.
Speaker 3: When I hop on a mock draft, take well for players, just get way it's well and bock. Just take all of Welch's guys. But I love Justin Steele. I did a short video on the channel the other day.
Speaker 5: Check it out.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about why he is a great middle round stabilizer in rotations. It's undervalued, you just super undervalue. And Chris Sanchez, he has been maybe the most impressive pitch or throat spring training this year. So I love that pairing on the turn. They're not going to come back to me most likely, so lock them down there, and my pitching is nearly complete, nearly.
Speaker 1: Complete my pitching, all right. So after Sanchez, Royce Lewis at twelve oh two, so Venom really just does not care. Tristan Cassis to Bogman. Then we have Sandy al Contra at twelve oh four to Chewy. Nice pick there, Ryan Walker, Zach Gallon to the Welsh Mason Winn sal Perez, Vini Pesquentino. Then I took Brian wu at twelve ten and Randy Rose rain on the bounce back, another guy with twenty twenty situation there, and hopefully the batting average gets back to the two fifty two to sixty range. I think last year was the anomaly. I think this year we're in a much better spot with Randy rose Arena. Jeaner Diez goes at thirteen oh two cal Rawley than Dylan Cruz right before Welsh. That's got to hurt Matt Chapman instead the consolation price for you, Welsh at thirteen oh five.
Speaker 4: I messed up, though, because I one hundred percent should have taken Mike Trout and I didn't cue him up. And I know we could have rant two point zero from you about Mike Trout. I one thousand percent would have taken him, should have taken him. So I was kicking myself there. But Matt Chapman, I need you know, I need a third baseman. It's really solid power. I've got stolen bases. I do want to say coming back though, literally just buried Mike Cue, just bullets, three bullets straight before my next pick of Mike Cue just being demolished by both Bogman and a Rico. It was pretty brutal. But Mike Trout, that one's gonna haunt me. That was a big, big mistake of mine because I have him twenty something spots higher. I just I screwed that up.
Speaker 1: There you go. Let's say I took a blue Jay. Just so you know, Joe Rico, just I want you to I want you to know ahead of time, you know, before you start looking firm in the queue. All right. So after Randy Rosa, Rainer Diaz, Rawleig Cruiz, Matt Chapman and Welsh Mike Trout to Frankie Luis Arise to Chewy and then Bogmin, you took Ian half. Pretty good value there, hitting towards the top of this Cubs lineup yet again.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I me Ian Hap had been at the top of this suggested board for like four rounds. Yeah, and you see the percentage going up from like eleven percent, twenty two percent, fifty six percent, and when I took him it was at ninety nine percent, Like you can't pass his value up. And I agreed. So I thought that was a good deal for Ian Hat, not a guy generally take. And Tristan Cossas I just thought was a very good ci to pair with Freddie Freeman. You know, I know Costas missed some time last year and Freddie is old, but I think Cossas is nice and healthy this year, so I'm all about taking.
Speaker 1: Him nice and healthy. Wilson Contreras goes next, and then at thirteen tens Ander Bowguards Bryce Terrang to Joe Rico, Joe Rico, you're on the clock here, so I'll let you make your pick. Bogs coming back to you after Spencer Steer goes at fourteen oh two to ten Or Scott off the board for you. So the alleged closer of the Dodgers. That's pretty good opportunity to have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't think you have to say alleged. He got the first save, so I think he's their closer. So I think we're all good there. And you didn't you definitely you know you're too busy hosting. You missed the exasperated look on the Welsh's face when I took Tanner Scott. He was very unha.
Speaker 4: That was one hundred percent where I was going with that pick. That one, that one hurt. I had to pivot to Robert Suarez, who I'm not that big on, but last of the closers.
Speaker 1: Last of the closers. There you go, all right, after you have Tenor Scott, Joe, let's go back to your picks here. Bogarts and Bryce Terrang at the turn, so filling in that middle infield right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bogarts is a steady categories player. He's going to give you fifteen seventeen homers, double digit steals, a decent batting average, good lineup.
Speaker 5: Bryce Terrang. I don't usually take Bryce Terrang.
Speaker 3: I don't particularly like him very much, but he fit the build I needed speed. I took too many power bats. I needed to kind of compensate for that and the projected stolen bases. I went from tenth to fifth with just that one pick, so I did compensate for some of the early power with Bryce Terrang.
Speaker 1: I don't field the need to overcompensate. Joe, You're plenty, You're enough. I want you to know you're enough. Christian such A fourteen oh four, than Jake Berger fourteen oh five. The Welsh took Robert Swarez at fourteen oh six, then Alec Bohm, Jack Flaherty, Will Smith. I took Jeff Hoffman and CODEI Senga at my turn, and then at the beginning of the fifteenth round, after Senga Atoly Scarcia, Carls Rodan Jeremy pania Is hoping he would make it back to me. He did not. Welsh takes Pete Crow Armstrong at fifteen oh five. I know you're on the clock, Welsh. Let's talk you just major pick, so let's talk about Swarez and Pete Crow Armstrong.
Speaker 4: Suarez again was a pivot. I'm not the biggest Robert Swarez fan. I think the job could be a little bit in question. I wanted Tanner Scott, but I wanted to get one more of those closers, and he was kind of a tear drop off. Pete Crow again with the outfield, like I kind of screwed up with the trout side. I just liked the idea of high batting average, big stolen bases with Pete Crow, he's a fourth outfielder here. If we were playing on Yahoo Briton, Rooker would qualify at outfield, so he'd be like a five. I just think there's just a lot of value put together. And then just my last pick, Kevin Gossman just getting another pitch for innings. I'm balancing these crazy high upside guys with maybe some little risky injuries, with just big innings eaters. And that's what I did with Gossman.
Speaker 1: Just now Anthony Volpia fifteen oh six. Then Jason Dominguez. At fifteen oh seven, Brandon fought the Scott Bogman loving the font Josh Lowe. At fifteen oh nine, Joor Rico takes Lloyd Mosby and Kelly Gruber. That comes back around to Ronaldo Lopez and Andre Semenez. No, Joe Rico took Loris Guriel and Jerks and Profar. So let's talk about Guriel and Profar here again. I looked healthy to me yesterday, so I'm back in Joe.
Speaker 5: Oh, you're killing me. That was fantastic.
Speaker 1: I'm just happy you're you're I thought you'd be too young for the Kelly Gruber reference.
Speaker 3: But no, I'm a Toronto story in here. I'm a Blue okay, sorry story in there, but I needed a couple of outfielders. Guriel you get the Toronto Arizona connection. He's just very solid, like he's just a steady Eddy kind of guy. Good batting, average, decent power, great lineup, and same thing with Profar. I mean, I'm not as optimistic as I am with Guryel because I don't know if it's a little bit one year wonder stuff with Profar, but I trust him at the top of that Braves lineup.
Speaker 5: Maybe the risk complicates things a little bit, but like.
Speaker 3: You said earlier, he was back yesterday, he had a good game, so I'm not as worried about that as I would have been, although I do wonder with the Verdugo signing to touch back on that, like, do you think that part of the signing of Verdugo is that they're a little bit worried about the health of profaru.
Speaker 4: Be got Kuna to be Frank, I think I think the thing.
Speaker 1: I think it's more of an indictment on Kelnick. I just I can't get past that.
Speaker 4: Sorry, well, I think that that indictment then is built around having depth for a team that has had traditionally had like injuries in the outfield, and that Jared Keelnick after they got Brian Da la Cruz is just not enough. So yeah, I guess you could circle it back around to be like, yeah, it is, it's some something about Kelnick.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite Disney movies, Injuries in the Outfield. Love that one. This is from the geek missed out on Cam Smith, like any of these options second base and outfield, biggest need Horwitz, curse Dad Rice Drury Men's Ardo. I have utility filled with Rooker. Manzardo is the most intriguing of any of these bats. To me, Joe Rico, what are your thoughts here Manzardo? I would probably go with Manzardo. I don't know if he's going to get first base eligibility, which I've been kind of hoping for, but I don't know that it's going to necessarily happen.
Speaker 3: But I do really like Manzardo. I think in September he seemed to figure things out. Went through some personal stuff the year before that I think kind of hampered his performance. So I don't think I'm alone there, Joe. I think you're also a pretty big manzart Okay, right, I.
Speaker 1: Am the manchild I think is finally ready. Yeah, so there you go. Welsh, you're in on Manzarto too.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, I interviewed him and I've spent time with him in two different occasions. We're very good friends as a matter of about his life. But yeah, no, I'm not really into him.
Speaker 1: They spent a lot of time at the Phoenix Chilies together. It was really fun. All right, let's get to more of the draftis I'm on the clock, So Welsh, why don't you take some of these some of these other picks that are going on. Where we left off at Joe Rico at pick. See, if you were a host, you'd know Jerrickson Profar is where we left off with the regions.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, we're so far okay, so Jerson Profar, Rainaldo Lopez, Andre Jimenez. We had Robbie Ray, Tyla, Trevor McGill, not Tyler mcguill. And then it just moved up on me. Kevin Gossman, I took set Lugo, Casiana's Shane she Lengealiers, Joe Pisapia, You took Ryan Pepio and Esach Parades. Would you like to break down why you love Ryan Pepio so much and you take him in every single draft?
Speaker 1: Well, three to one strikeout walk ratio. That that makes me feel pretty good. I like that one. I like when smart people like Youosaras have good things to say about a young pitcher, and I think he's locked into this rotation five man, six men. I don't care. I want Pepio this year. It's gonna help me with my ratios, and I think he's gonna get double digit wins.
Speaker 5: So to me.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty good value. And right now he is my Was he my last start? Yes, he was my second to last start, because I end up taking Ivaldi too to kind of make that rotation. So all I got left is the U till as well. But thanks there, and he's our paridi Is look man, Parrett is steady corner guy Astros. I expect more power this year. Colton Kowser goes next than Enio swore as Lane Thomas, the Welsh Tooks, Paul Goldschmidt. If you can't have a current diamondback, then damn it, you gotta get an old one. Zach Eflin, what's that?
Speaker 4: That's what you always said, That's what it's. It's actually my motto. I have a tattooed Hey, look at that. Shout out to Frozen Animated Emoji for the follow appreciative brother.
Speaker 1: There you go, Zach Eflin at seventeen oh six, Michael Tolli at seventeen oh seven, Taylor Ward to Scott Bogman, then carry Carpenter Yondi Diaz to Joe Rico and then the catcher breakdown. Austin Well is another one of Welsh his favorites. So Welsh out of the catcher market here on Austin Wells. Unfortunately, Joe Rico strikes again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I got Jjo Romuto, So Ramuto Austin Well's went before j t Romuto, which is a little surprising. So I just snapped him up actually with just a pick. But I do love that Austin Wells.
Speaker 1: See, I'm concerned about real Muto's agent drop off like the bog but I feel like there's been a lot of decline to real Muto. What are your thoughts on him?
Speaker 2: Bring Yeah, I mean, I I don't know that there's been so much decline in skill. It's just been the playing time has gone a little bit, and they've talked about Yeah, I mean it gets everybody, and they've talked about resting him a little bit more so. Yeah, it's not my favorite pick, but I.
Speaker 4: Got him around two hundred. That's the only thing. Their evolution shout out evolution. But I got him at all, like one eighties. That's the latest I've ever gotten him, and it was between like him and Gabrielle Moreno, so that.
Speaker 2: That's probably a tear break. Yeah, I think I think you got you got inside that tier and the rest of these catchers are kind of the same at this point, so I will be waiting till the last round for Mike.
Speaker 1: Ki, Okay Lozardo. I'm sorry, Austin Wells. Then erseg Kakuchi to Scott bogmin so Taylor Ward, and you say, Kakuchi left to Cacuchi coming off a fantastic you know season two hundred and six strikeouts career high for him, the ERA was above four. Obviously, they moved to the Angels as an ideal. But you know what, I look at the Angels lineup and I think if they stay healthy, they actually, uh could be better than people realized with Netto and Renifo and and who knows whatever we get from Mike Trout. I think this is actually a sneaky good late pitching selection of Kakuchi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not gonna call them good, right.
Speaker 1: No, competitive, they could be competitive.
Speaker 2: Sure, that's exactly. And uh, you know, I do have risk in Jacob de Gram. That's so getting some innings guys like Castillo, Kakucci and Brandon Fott, I think is a good strategy after taking that risk a little bit early. But I'm really liking the way my pitching staff is shaping up.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's a good looking pitchings that we're gonna review the rosters in just a second here, because we're almost home, if you can believe it already. So after Kakuchi, Jordan Romano, Frankie takes Logan a hoppy, Chris Welsh takes Gavin Williams. Ooh, you savvy, savvy man. You Bednar goes, then Brendon Nemo at eighteen oh eight Dansby Swanson. Then I took Jackson Holiday as my middle infield guy, Nadie Evaldunvaldo Eovaldi, Nathan Eovaldu Nathan Valde as my last pitcher here, Bryson Stott, then Jerry Jones finally off the board, followed by Grayson Rodriguez. So there you go. It's the time you just throwing darts. See what happens here? Rio Muto, as well said, goes to him, and Spencer Arraghedty junghu Lee to Chewbaca. Boggs takes Nick Pavetta at nineteen oh eight. Pavetta, I got ye.
Speaker 2: Super sniped on that jung hoolee pick.
Speaker 1: By the way, are you not worried about the jung hoo lee back situation.
Speaker 2: No, he's already been cleared. Mri was fine, he'll be.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. Pavetta looked sharp yesterday too. I was watching some of that start last night. Temmy Edmund at nineteen oh nine leading the league at home runs, Tommy Edman just want to point that out, HAZs Lozardo at nineteen ten to Joe Rico and Jonathan India Arico. Look last couple of picks here for you, Lizardo India, then Rasmussen Matt shaw here in the twenty second round. Lozardo and Shawl like, those are two picks that could end up winning you a league, and if they don't work out, it's easy enough to cut him and move on.
Speaker 3: I like a lot of these picks, but honestly, my favorite pick might be Drew Rasmussen in the bunch. I've been looking at him a lot recently. I don't really care if he starts in the rotation because I think he'll get there at some point eventually. And I think there's also a chance that he ends up closing games in Tampa this year, Considering his stuff, considering the worries about injuries, considering Pete Fairbanks has always heard like I think, one way or another, Drew Rasmussen is going to return a serious profit on this pick.
Speaker 1: Okay, next up here after let's run through these picks because we're almost home. After India, Shane Boz and then Bagman took Tyler O'Neil, Tyler Stevenson, zach Neto Roblesz to Welsh Showm takes Brandon Woodriff love that pick there, Nico Horner at twenty oho eight. Then Pete Fairbanks goes, I took Nathaniel Low and Helio Ramos high on those guys, Young Aeronado Springs, Christianing Carnacion a strand that we have Taj Bradley, Mackenzie, Gore, ten Or Hawk shawm and Iya Drew Rasmussen as before pointing out Matt Shaw, Clark Schmidt, Gabriel Moreno. Twenty two oh four, Clay Holmes, Lodolo Glaber Touris to Welsh Blede Blanco Jansen, and I take mister irrelevant Ivan Herrera as my catcher. I'll settle for that every day. Plus Boo boo, Jeff Wizard, I love this team. Joe Rico, what's your grade?
Speaker 5: Eighty five out of one? Hundred B solid B, solid B.
Speaker 1: Scott Bogman, you must have gotten a good grade because you're number two.
Speaker 2: A minus ninety two. Yeah, a minus.
Speaker 1: Look at you? And where's the Welsh? Oh, Welsh is below me? Welsh? What'd you get for a grade?
Speaker 4: I got a seventy six. It somehow hated my hitting. Ronald Acuna, Elie de la Cruz, Coutel Marte. I've I'm projected the worst hitter somehow, but number two in pitching I believe, top three in winds Era, number one in stolen bases. I believe I was top five in all the pitching categories. Yet I got a pretty pretty crappy score.
Speaker 1: Joey, Yeah, I'm looking Mike Mayer hates my draft, So what else is new? The summary, though, I want to shout out to Michael Cerna from our discord. A hundred. That's right, an A plus for Michael. Congratulations. You're the best of the best, but the best of us according to the Draft Wizard was Scott Bogman. So Bogman, who liked your draft? Who hated it?
Speaker 5: And?
Speaker 1: Uh? What were some of the insights from Draft Wizard on the post draft analysis? You want to take away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the the insights here were top players ranked in top three were Skeens Freeman and Raphael Devers. What if I had taken Gunner Henderson, which happened to me last night as well. My steal the drafts was til On Neil. My reach was Brandon Fott, and I was categorically good top three in saves and whips, doubles, triples, all that good stuff as well. And then the experts that liked me, Mike McGregor, keV Mashershan, Frank A Morante, Brad Kamara, and Scott Bogman the number three, and I liked my Luis Casillo, Tanner, Scott and Brandon Fopp picks thumbs down from of course, Joe Eric Joe Pis.
Speaker 1: That's right. Don't you dare give my thumb to him.
Speaker 2: You thought my team every time I draft did.
Speaker 1: Well, Keep taking to where you are.
Speaker 2: Liked his team last time? Brandon Beaton Myers did not like my team. Chase Davis, Greg Smith and my boy Jesse Severe. Come on, Jesse, then like Freddie Freeman, Jacob de gram or rice yel Iglesias.
Speaker 1: All right, let's look at the Scott Bogman squad here and just kind of recap it for you. And as you can see here on the YouTube channel, you could see all the breakdown, all the analysis. It's such an incredible tool and you can use it for salary cap leagues too. It doesn't matter whatever league you're in, it will sync up, it will work if you're an ESPN, CBS, Yahoo, it doesn't matter all the places fan tracks, it's all there. Scott Bogman at catcher actually no, Gabriel Moreno a catcher, Freddie Freeman, Jordan Westberg, Tovar, Rafael Devers, Cassus Jimenez, and then the outfield Carol Marcelo, Zuna, Butler, Ian Happ, Taylor Ward, Tyler O'Neil. I mean, that's a pretty good offense for a ten team league. I don't know if it's an elite level offense. But then you look at the pitching, Paul Skens, Luis Castillo, Jacob deGrom. You do not even list them. Second, I won't even do it, Kakuchi, Brandon Fott, Nick Paveta, ten Or, and then Rice Oglesias and Tanner Scott. So, if you like Bogman's draft the most, vote for Scott Bogman here in the comments below on YouTube or here on Twitch, Joe Alrico, Austin Wells, Vlad Guerrero, Xander Bogard's Boba schet Manny Machado, Yondi, Diaz, Bryce Terrang outfield tatist Junior Schwarberg, Profar Guriol, and then India and Shaw. The pitching staff here Logan, Gilbert Tyler, Glassnow Schwellenbach, Justin Steele, Christopher Sanchez, Jesus Lozardo and then relievers Deron Williams and Rasmeisen There. So, Joe, how do you feel about this roster?
Speaker 3: I feel pretty damn good about it. I think this is one of the best box I've had. You know, the last one we did was a twelve teamer and I was also at the turn and I hated it. But with the ten team league, ah man, I got my home league. Fun up, I got my home league on Sunday. It's a ten team, head to head categories exactly like this.
Speaker 5: I hope I get the turn because.
Speaker 4: Never nothing build your confidence more than drafting a ten team. I actually I used to be very anti ten team because you know what, I think everybody should play in a ten team and you should mock some Uh, well, you can do the opposite. If you're in a ten team, you can mock a twelve and then you'll just feel really great about a ten. I think ten really helps boost the confidence of where your picks are.
Speaker 1: Well, here's one from Todd. How would you rank Araghetti, Lodolo, Lozarto and Job. What's that ranking there?
Speaker 4: I would rank it for assuming this is redraft, I would probably go Lozarto, Lodolo, Job, Arraghedti.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you have it. All right, Let's get to Welsh's team and do the breakdown. Here the Welsh j t rol Muto a catcher, Paul Golchman at first base. Two old farts. There you go. That's a good way to start. Can tell Marte Elie de la Cruz all world, Ellie God a big day yesterday. Matt Chapman and Carnassillon strand labor tourres then Ronald Acunya whyat lane for Brent Rooker, Luis Robert Pike or Armstrong and Robust?
Speaker 5: What an hour?
Speaker 4: Worst offense?
Speaker 2: My ass?
Speaker 4: Give me a break?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, I can't roll with that look in Carnossion, I get like the projections are going to hurt him. Goldschmid Rail Mute. I get that, But when you get to that outfield, I think it makes up for any ground every Toik Schoobol, Logan, web Zach Gallan, Spencer, Schreider, Mcclanahn, Gospin Williams. This is like the best pitching staff ever.
Speaker 4: Moon, greatest, greatest pitching staff in history. Closers and a good outfield offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would you give this draft?
Speaker 4: I give this one hundred and thirty five?
Speaker 1: Bobby? What would you give your draft grade? Honest, honest draft.
Speaker 2: Grade, one hundred and thirty six out of a.
Speaker 4: Thank you very Joe, Rico, how about you?
Speaker 1: What's your honest Joe? On like these two morons?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I would say the score is pretty reflective of how I feel. It's like an eighty five. When I got an eighty five on a test as a kid. By the way, it was an A, not a B. So I'm gonna call it an A.
Speaker 1: But I like the Caladian conversion? Is that what happens there?
Speaker 4: Now? Are you converting? I got a seventy six.
Speaker 5: Joe, when you guys got eighty fives on your tests? In school though. That wasn't a bee, right, Yeah it was? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Eighty nine is a B bro Yeah, Winch Trumpelo ninety, it's a bee. I don't know what that conversion rate of Canada here we.
Speaker 5: Got eighty to eighty five fahrenheit.
Speaker 4: The metric is this the metric grading system? This is the metric grading system.
Speaker 5: I was eighty five, am, It's a B plus.
Speaker 4: RICO real quick. Frank Amerant loved mine the most. I was number three. Dalton Dell Don and Scott Bogman all loved me. Chase Davis blake Meyer both hated me. Pierre Camu just always hates me, Chris Towers and of course Joe Piezapia.
Speaker 1: Well, let's be consistent. Are Here's my team, which I honestly I give this a B minus at least I think is a pretty good squad. I'vean Herrera catcher, Josh Naylor first, Garcia second, Bobby Wood Junior at short, Junior, camin Era at third, Parts at corner, Jackson Holiday at middle indfield. Then I've got Jared Durand, Jackson Merrill, Riley Green, Randy Rose, Raine On, Helio Ramos, Nathaniel Lowe in the other util Spot, then Cole Reagan's, Blake's now Aaron Nola. Well, boy, look at them lefties over there, Brian Wu, Code I Sanga, Ryan Pepio, Eavaldi, Batista in Hoffin. That's a pretty good team. That is not a C plus team. I'm sorry, Draft Wizard and I are going to have words after the show. But Who's draft did you like the best year? Was it mine? Was it Welsh's? Was it Scott Bogins? Was it Joe Rico? Or was it one of the Panuts and cracker Jacks? And again, shout out thank you to all the Pans and cracker Jacks for joining us. And don't forget leading Off Live next week starts here on twitch, Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy Pro So if you haven't already downloaded the app, go to the Fantasy pros one on Twitch find us join us every day at noon. We'll still be on YouTube, fear not. Don't worry, but that'll be video on demand. So if you want to join live, get questions answered, that's how to do it. But we are adding a Wednesday four pm live stream every week as well, just to take your questions. No show, it's all about you. We did it yesterday. It was so much fun, actually two days ago, right because they's Friday. I'm losing my days. It was so much fun. Join us there, put it in your calendars. Join usubscribe to the YouTube channel comment below, and of course we're trying to get to twenty five thousand subscribers. Help us do that. That'll do it for us here, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. Our special guest Joe Rico and Scott Bogman. I'm Joey p Well, see you next time kids, Happy drafting.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB