Speaker 1: I feel like Thursday is just our little special treat day.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and this is the Second Date Podcast because you get a little something different.
Speaker 1: Every Thursday, you love and this time it's a brand new closure call.
Speaker 2: And this guy is definitely desperate for our help after he received a out of the I don't know what do you say? Out of the blue text from his girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll call it that random.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll hear it in just a second. But first, we always love to feature your comments.
Speaker 1: Because we love you. Yes, is that two forward? Maybe not? I don't know what do you got to say?
Speaker 4: Jackson French said, Oh lord, the day has come aussy here and I caught up on twenty twenty five, so let's bring on twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: I found my girlfriend with shared interest in your.
Speaker 4: Show and now I have her hooked Tooay, so cute.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: If you ever run out of the Second Date Podcast, we do a full show hour over on our main podcast as well, which is just Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: If you want to punish yourself for an entire hour listening to it.
Speaker 4: And this is proof that listening to us it doesn't mean you give people to it.
Speaker 3: For yourself. I'm on the showye the.
Speaker 2: We're going to start your brand new closure call on your second day podcast right now.
Speaker 3: I've heard. The farther you get into a relationship, the harder it is to break up. That's true, because then you have to have a long conversation about why it's ending, and how it's not your fault. I outgrew you, it's my fault for growing. And who's going to get custody of the passwords to which streaming services? I call it to be.
Speaker 1: Like the free Wood I get it.
Speaker 3: I just give one out an hour. Bro See already Brooke and I are butting heads on this because it's not an easy conversation, but it's what you have to do. You can never break up. No, and one of our listeners feels like he did not get the respect he deserves when after months of dating, his girlfriend just sent him one short text that completely blindsided him, and all he really wants his answers. So we're gonna try to help him with that in a brand new closure call that's coming up right after this. Well, well, well look who came crawling back? One of our listeners who needs our help once again?
Speaker 2: Is this a collect call from a jail cell with the music?
Speaker 3: It's a guy named Nick and the last time he was on with us, he was trying to lock down a second date with a lady cop. Oh this was yesterday, Brook, Well.
Speaker 1: If you don't remember totally, remember that, Nick.
Speaker 3: No, it was a few months ago, but you might remember if you do listen. The reason he wasn't getting a call back was his date used her police connections to dig deep into Knick's personal history. That alone led to drama aside from the information she found out, So they ended up not going out.
Speaker 1: I remember that one now.
Speaker 3: But after our call, according to our producer, Nick jumped quickly back into another relationship with a different woman named Brenda, and apparently now he needs some help with a closure call from us.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Oh I thought we were doing this second date.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, Nick, first, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 6: Hey, thanks for having me back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brooke did not want to, but that's okay. We voted against her three to one and decided we're allowing you back on the show. Remember voting. So tell us about this girl Brenda that you were dating, our dating. What's the situation there, so as you as.
Speaker 6: You mentioned, like after I, you know, had my experience with Lady cop uh huh, I hopped back on the hinge. I met Brenda. Okay, good for about two months. We've been going strong. It was so good that on our second hinge date, we decided to both delete our respective Hinge account.
Speaker 1: On the second day.
Speaker 3: Did you guys do it together?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 1: Like two?
Speaker 3: Well, you didn't push it. What's going on?
Speaker 2: I think it was just my phone message updating on new iOS.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a big move, though, it's a delete hinge big moves.
Speaker 6: And we've also, you know, the friend groups have started to meet. So I met her friend, she met my friends. That was a big thing.
Speaker 1: I can't tell if you're excited or you're mad right now.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm excited because all of this is really great. But then I get a text message six nights ago that just says I can't see you anymore.
Speaker 1: No, I think that is so rude.
Speaker 6: Yeah again, like we've been seeing each other for two months. You don't text someone I can't see you. You know, this isn't casual anymore.
Speaker 1: Give a reason in the text, or just do it in person. Why is everyone so scared to talk to anyone? You give me a QR code.
Speaker 2: Breaking up.
Speaker 3: We can't see each other. So the way you're saying, that happened completely out of the blue. There's nothing that you had sent to her right before that that could have prompted that response. No.
Speaker 6: In fact, we were making plans for the weekend. So then it was quiet for about an hour. I was like, Okay, well, maybe she's doing something. And then I get a message I can't see you anymore.
Speaker 1: Did Lady Cop contact her and give her your wrap sheet?
Speaker 6: She better not have.
Speaker 3: The bigger problem. Okay, So you want to do a closure call, obviously to figure out why Brenda sent you that text. But I feel like we need to learn a little bit more about her, Like tell us about who she is, like what her personality is, Like.
Speaker 6: Uh, well, she's not a lady Cop. She doesn't spy on me, so that's great.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, what do you like about her?
Speaker 6: So we have a very similar sense of humor. I have a pretty dark sense of humor, sarcasm, things like that, And I think that on the first date there was definitely a lot of physical chemistry. I mean, I don't want to tell tales out of school. But you know, definitely, like very early on in our relationship, we could definitely sense like the physical part was not going to be a challenge, but then all the other stuff was there. So the humor, her friends are awesome, she seemed to like my friends as well.
Speaker 1: Sucks.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you were really excited about this relationship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, And so that's why it's a little confusing because at first I thought she might have been joking when she said that, but no, no responses.
Speaker 2: Are you wanting to give it another chance? Or like if she came back and it was some miscommunication or something, or are you done?
Speaker 6: I would be open to it. But this is a big red flag. Just getting a text message that says like it's over, So I would like to one know why it's over, and two like if there's a way for us to repair. Yeah, but my spidy sense is up because something's not cool if she's just sending a message breaking up with me.
Speaker 3: And the thing is with this segment. Normally, the way we do closure calls is by sending the other person an email with four questions in it, waiting for them to write back and hopefully get their permission to say it on the air.
Speaker 2: This is usually something where we go deep into people's history.
Speaker 1: I mean this is so recent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's why we're not gonna do it that way. This time. We're gonna call Brenda directly.
Speaker 1: Oh and just ask.
Speaker 3: Her all the questions we need to right now, live on the air.
Speaker 1: Okay, does she know?
Speaker 3: She does not know. We're gonna blindside her, just like our boy got blindsided with that random text message. So we hope she.
Speaker 1: Picks up, or we're just gonna try to call her every day until she does.
Speaker 3: It could be eight minutes of NonStop calls and hanging off and trying again. We'll find out when we come back and attempt to do an in person closure call right after this for just joining us. We're in the middle of a closure call, and we've never quite done it like this for no, because normally we're reaching out to people who haven't spoken to one another in years, sometimes for decades, trying to figure out what happened between them, uncover any missing information about why that person isn't in their lives anymore, and bring them some long needed closure about it. Okay, but this is different. Because it happened. Just six days ago, our listener Nick got a text from a woman named Brenda. This is a woman who he's been dating for a couple months.
Speaker 1: Exclicitly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the text just said I can't see you anymore.
Speaker 1: Right before there'supposed to go on a weekend trip together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no explanation, no lead up to it, not even nice little evite card with little dancing people to make it a little bit softer, easier to digest. And he's tried multiple ways to contact her and figure out why. So he's got nothing, And now we're gonna step in and try to help by just calling Brenda directly for a in person closure call.
Speaker 1: So I have a quick question. We haven't done this before.
Speaker 2: Do we have pre prepared questions that we're going to go through like we normally would.
Speaker 3: That's a good question, Brook. Do you have them ready?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, because you should have been working on something.
Speaker 1: I can figure it out. I guess I did nothing.
Speaker 3: You're going to wing it?
Speaker 2: And then are we going to call him in on the call like we do second dates or is he going to be silent the whole time?
Speaker 3: I think if we want Brenda to stay on the phone. We probably should try and talk to her alone first. Okay, I know, Nick, it sounds like you don't like the sound of that.
Speaker 6: Nick, No, I bring me on. I'm just really curious to hear what she has to say. That's a bottom line.
Speaker 3: Right now, let's see what happens. I'm just going to dial her number. We have to dial it four, ten, twenty times until she picks up. We're going to do whatever it takes to get you closure. Okay, Nick, thank you? Right so formal, I know, so serious, but here we go. I'm calling right now. Hello, Hey is this Brenda?
Speaker 1: This is she?
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 3: Sorry to be really excited there for a second. I just wasn't sure you're gonna pick up. We're who uh now we're You're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Oh, good morning, Hi Brenda.
Speaker 5: Good morning. What can I do for you?
Speaker 3: You could answer a few questions that we have for you because we're doing this segment called closure Call, and uh, it's actually the first time that we've done it with someone uh.
Speaker 1: Live and sounds like we talked to dead people. It's usually send out, but oh it's moving. We decided to call you instead.
Speaker 5: I'm kind of in the dark over here. What are you guys talking about?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, maybe turn on a light switch if it's a dark room, or can you do go to your window?
Speaker 1: That is a waste of time.
Speaker 3: Okay, get to it all right. I like the joke, Jeff. I'll tell you. The reason why we're calling is because a friend of the show, his name is Nick, is bummed out. Okay, Well, he is upset, distraught even after he got your text message recently saying we can't see each other.
Speaker 1: He just doesn't understand why he should know why.
Speaker 3: A lot of women say that about the man they should understand. But the thing about us is we're pretty clueless, and that's why he's reached out to us for help.
Speaker 5: There's no misunderstandings when you just lie, though, lie.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that there was alleged lying in your relationship, We don't know what that means. Would you be able to elaborate a little bit?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 5: So you know that we went out for two months, right, Yeah, Well, we agreed to lead our hinge accounts and three weeks in one of my girlfriends said she thought she saw a guy on hinge that looked exactly like him.
Speaker 2: We thought, or did, yeah, well, yeah, I mean all Nicks look alike, right, we.
Speaker 5: Shots right, but she didn't have the profile, and I didn't really know what to do other than to ask Nick about it right away, and he just denied it. He said I was mistaken, his friend was my friend was mistaken, and so, you know, I didn't really think much about it. I trusted him and we moved on. But forward to last week. It's been about two months at this point, and my same friend said she saw him again, and this time she took a screenshot.
Speaker 1: Oh there's evidence.
Speaker 5: It's so clearly him, Like these are new, updated photos. I recognize the picture because I was literally with him when one of them was taken.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, your arm is like around his shoulder and he like cropped you out of it.
Speaker 5: I'm not in a photo, but it's the restaurant that we went to, and it's the same clothing.
Speaker 1: Y Oh wow, that must feel really bad.
Speaker 3: But there are a lot of deep AI fakes, Brooks. Some people like to borrow other people's photos to use for their own. People do that with me all the time.
Speaker 1: You're all over the day now.
Speaker 3: And it's not me. It's just a way that people want to use me for their benefit.
Speaker 2: Because we've never had one listener say they came across any of your profiles, because.
Speaker 3: Our listeners are smart Brook, they know it's a fake funnier. So let's look, there could be a misunderstanding here, and you should at least talk to Nick while he's on the other line listening, waiting to speak to you about it before we call this relationship ended for good.
Speaker 5: But he can't be on the line right now. He is.
Speaker 3: I think he's still there something else.
Speaker 1: Bus he's swiping through his other profile.
Speaker 3: Nick, are you there?
Speaker 6: I am here, and I'm glad that you brought this up because you're not wrong. Wait, what I wish that you had just come to me because there's.
Speaker 1: Like a totally reasonable explanation.
Speaker 6: What I heard from my friends is that you had a profile that was still going up, and so I created a profile so you would see that and then come to me and be like, hey, I saw that.
Speaker 5: Oh no no, no, no, no no no no guys, sorry, no, no.
Speaker 1: That didn't even make sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what you're saying is you heard a rumor that she had a Hinge profile first, so he made one to get back at her.
Speaker 5: And why did you deny it when I asked you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, screenshots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it just feels so classic cheater caught right, like as soon as you catch it, cheeer like.
Speaker 3: No, you were cheating, dad.
Speaker 6: Look, this is just what my friend said. So I'm just telling you what I heard.
Speaker 5: I swear to you I have not been on Hinge since we got together. And if you really want to prove that I was on it, I want to see that screenshot. Show me what I was able to show you, because it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Exist unless Brooke used your photo in order to catfish men in order to lure them over to her place. Because that does happen. We've learned.
Speaker 2: Brenda, you do sound hot like I sound like I would use your picture, but I don't have a profile either.
Speaker 6: Okay, in the end, it really doesn't matter, because Brenda, I really do want to forgive you for doing.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a big thing to do. Even though you may have tried to get on the hinge once more, He's willing to overlook that and try it again.
Speaker 2: In your relationships, big man, Brenda, this is absolutely this is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: It is such classic.
Speaker 2: I feel like you full uncheated now, the way that he's handling this Brook.
Speaker 6: You're supposed to be on my side here, I mean, you're supoke down my back here. I'm a friend of the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, with sketchy behavior. Man, the last time you're on the show, a lady out at you for some sort of I think he was divorced.
Speaker 3: Divorce.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were married, now broke out.
Speaker 3: Divorce might still be active, so it's probably not safe to.
Speaker 6: Talk about it.
Speaker 5: You know what, I knew. I knew that this was too good to be true. We were boyfriend and girlfriend.
Speaker 6: Listen. The bottom line is we both made mistakes. You were and I was on hinge. We happened to be on a hinge at different times, sometimes the same time. Let's just move afted, you know, and get back together.
Speaker 3: Wow, he's putting it all out on the table for you there, Brenda. He's admitting that he's flawed. You're a little flaws, but together your flaws make the perfect relationships.
Speaker 1: That was one romantic speech. It was I was on hinge. You were on hinge.
Speaker 3: Allegedly, So let's see Brenda, are you willing to look past her own mistakes?
Speaker 1: Wow? Get a gas lighter too.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just we've all made mistakes. You're doing I've made mistakes on this segment already.
Speaker 1: You're doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's all look past all the mistakes we've ever made and give this relationship one more chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I really hope that Nick out the closure he needed, because I am more than finished with this.
Speaker 1: Nick.
Speaker 2: It didn't like cross your mind at any point when you got that text, like maybe she found my hinge profile and that's why she wants to break up with me.
Speaker 6: Look straight up, I'm on a lot of different dating apps, so oh wow, dude, I don't know which one she found. It could have been.
Speaker 1: Any closure call for himself.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there you go.
Speaker 3: That's your first in person closure call.
Speaker 1: I'm really happy for Brenda.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she got the closure that he wanted to get out of the woking Jeffrey in the morning. We've never done this before.
Speaker 1: I don't think we should do it again.
Speaker 3: Well No, I feel like that's out. What I mean, I feel like we need to give Nick a one year suspension before we have him back on the show again.
Speaker 1: I see I thought you meant we should never have a live closure call again. No, that was a hot Traine.
Speaker 3: It was messy, but we got to the point of it. Clearly, Nick is not in a great place right now.
Speaker 1: Nick has a hard time being honest.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it just doesn't sound like he's ready for a relationship, and I don't know if we're ready for him, because he's divorcing people, he's lying to other people, he's opening up dating accounts while spying on other dating accounts to.
Speaker 2: A radio station to act innocent like maybe he just wants to Maybe he loves the show that much.
Speaker 3: Maybe he could be calling us once a week if we don't put the kabash on it. So Nick, I'm sorry, buddy, we love you, but you're suspended from the show for a year and it's.
Speaker 1: Only Jeff that loves you right now. I'm we're in a hard spot right now.
Speaker 3: That was a hard spot too. He's got some stuff to work out. But once you work it all out, maybe we'll talk about having.
Speaker 1: You back, but it'll be stable. He won't need us, yeah, and then we won't want it.
Speaker 3: But don't forget if you're listening to us on podcasts right now make sure to hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 1: Yeah.