Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I want to get a look at some stock movers here. Holiday shortened week, a good first day here for Wall Street. Nice Monday to kick things off. Warner Brothers Discovery though still in the news. Norm Melnda here with a breakdown.
Speaker 4: Nora, Yeah, I mean we've been seeing so much action when we look at Warner Brothers Discovery. I mean, Paramounts Guidance has really been in focus throughout the trading day today. We did see shares of that company ending higher. That's ticker WBD for Warner Brothers Discovery and Peace Guy for Paramounts Guidance. We had Larry Ellison, one of the richest men in the world, agree to personally back with his fortunes Paramounts Guidance's bid for Warner Brothers Discovery. So we've really been seeing this tug of war Netflix on one end, Guidance on the They're really trying to see who will actually be able to take over aspects of this company here. What about First Solar, what's going on that First Solar. We've been seeing a lot of activity as well. We did see shares higher. This is after news that Alphabet will be buying clean energy developer Intersect Power. We know that this is one of the company's biggest deals aimed at boosting its AI related data center footprint. So you did see for Solar rising just given the fact that it is actually a customer there of intersect Power. So Intersect Power has been a customer of First Solar, excuse me. So we've definitely been seeing some activity there in the trade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I feel like right up until the last day of the year, there are going to be these AI deals because again this is data center deal right Withoutphabet, so it really is about once again powering the AI boom. And I feel like just every other day we're just seeing another deal. So thanks for bringing us for Solar. Round things off here with clear Water Analytics. Cwaan is the ticker.
Speaker 4: What's going on there right, clear Water analy We did see a group of private equity firms agreeing to buy this company. About eight point four billion dollars is the deal that we're talking about here. But analysts did say that this deal price was lower than anticipated, but if you think about how the street was really viewing this, we did see shares moving higher, so clearly investors are buying in on this, but analysts are saying, hey, maybe this wasn't the right price that we were looking for, so.
Speaker 1: Maybe very quickly, Nora, as this stock market correspondent in Bloomberg TV, was there anything that really shocked you or excited you as you cover these individual names this year? Maybe a favorite right talk about?
Speaker 4: I mean, there's been so much and as you called out just a bit earlier, I've been looking a lot at the tech space. I think that that's really been doing much of the market this year and in the more recent previous years. So it'll be interesting to see what we end up seeing for twenty twenty six. And a lot of the eyes more recently has been on quantum computing stocks, which we talked a lot about today, as investors are really trying to see what is the next AI play and how can they be ahead of the curve.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because the Back of America wrote in a note recently that they don't see that the AI players are in froth like levels yet, but quantum and nuclear stocks may be so That's an interesting point that you bring, and I feel like even in the ETF world, those are the thoughts that have been popping so far in.
Speaker 4: Very speculative space. I mean, if you think about the fact of financing and the revenue that they have, they're only talking about tens of millions of dollars here versus maybe a big tech player that brings in riks in billions of dollars in revenue. So it really is a bet on the future that investors are making here for companies that haven't necessarily yet displayed the profitability that investors are looking for.
Speaker 3: You know, guys, I always love the ri A D go function on the terminals see what people are reading most read article? Did you guy? Guys already look at ri A D.
Speaker 1: Don't look at it.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to cheat it.
Speaker 3: What do you think. I mean, it was on top go all day, So I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking Warner Brothers Discovery has to be bo bingo story.
Speaker 3: You got it. Ari Ellison pledges forty billion to bolster Warner Brothers. But it's hard not to click that hard not to want to read story because.
Speaker 1: They almost have to because almost every day or nearly every day, there's a development. And again this is again another development with Larry Ellison throwing his personal fortune behind the Paramount. Did what could it be next week or what could it be in the next month? I mean, who knows. And even our guests earlier when we talked to them, Molly Shoots and the gentleman from Stephen Flynn Stephen Flynn, Yes, they both were great, and they also didn't know because it's just really unpredictable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they I mean they're actually really seeing this going well into next year. We just don't know, you know about what was it about two weeks ago? We thought, okay, Paramount's taking this to the shareholders, the shareholders will speak and we're just going to move on.
Speaker 4: And then even Warner Brothers Discovery, I mean, they were talking to their shareholders essentially saying, hey, guys, we already had a deal, an initial deal with Netflix. They were essentially kind of giving them a nudge, saying, you know, we think that you should seek with Netflix as well. But then you have this play by aary Larry Ellison. So it'll be interesting to see what actually happens as materializes.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.