Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour.
Speaker 2: In this Tuesday, Dan and the Dan Nets Dan Patrick's show Big ten. Saturday Night, It's Iowa and Minnesota Saturday on NBC and Peacock. Here comes Saturday Night, presented by Discover. Coming up, we'll check in with the Carolina Panthers. Scott Fowler has been covering this team for thirty years, and we'll ask him if this is the right move for both Bryce Young and the Carolina Panthers as they send the former number one overall pick to the bench and Andy Dalton, thirty six years of age, come on down. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of our program. Good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app and our radio affiliates around the country. The Eagles have now lost three of their last four home games, and after last night, Kirk Cousins he is now mister Primetime. He's won three of his last five primetime games, averaging two hundred and forty one passing yards per game while throwing eleven touchdowns and five interceptions. It didn't seem like it was a foregone conclusion that even if the Eagles didn't convert that third down, that they wouldn't go far it on fourth down, and that you would have Kirk Cousins with no timeouts, with a minute ago, and he's got to go ninety yards. But it happened. All of that happened. They missed the third down. Hi, Todd, Todd's bringing in something here. Thank you, Tom. Great to see you could have been done prior to the start of the last hour of the show. But you know, Kirk Cousins, they made the right call, They did the right thing. They got a couple of big plays. Philadelphia didn't put any pressure on him all night long. Give credit to that Falcons offensive line. And once again, I go back to what did you say prior to the third and three? And I thought, and on the Manning cast, They're all, don't put the ball in the air, and I'm thinking, Okay, you got Eli Peyton and then got Matt Ryan there. So what is the downside of running nothing? In my opinion, if you know that you're going to go for it on fourth, then run it on third. That was my thought. And you got a good offensive line, you got Saquon Barkley and Jalen Hurt said over eighty yards rushing. So now I would have done something where worst case scenario, we do an option play where it's you get You know, Jalen Hurst has the ball and Saquon Barkley is outside him. So even if they stop you, you're kicking a field goal because now it's going to be fourth and eight, fourth and seven, but you burn the clock. If you know, once again, everybody is going to go oh in retrospect, this is what I'm thinking in the moment, I have a really good offensive line. If you said, I pause the game, now make the call, and all I know is that Eli, Peyton, and Matt Ryan all said the same thing before the play. The only way Atlanta gets the ball back, according to Peyton, is if you put the ball in the air. Should say Kwon Barkley have caught it absolutely, but he didn't. If he doesn't pick up the first down, when you run it on third and three, maybe it's fourth and one, maybe you do the push push what you're famous for. Now all of a sudden game is over here, is Peyton, Eli and Matt Ryan reacting to Jalen Hurts throwing to say Kwan Barkley.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh ooh.
Speaker 2: Wow, they had it.
Speaker 3: He listened, Jalen watched what Matt Ryan said. He said, I'm running that play again. I'm gonna give him the perfect throw front shoulder, like Matt said, get it.
Speaker 4: Out in front.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's why. That's why, I mean, that's why you don't throw. It is why you don't throw.
Speaker 2: But oh, it was a perfect call except for it wasn't. Peyton had to get up out of his chair like he is beside himself, because I mean, he takes all of these calls. You know, when Brandon Nyuk drops a pass in the end zone, and I mean it takes it personally. It's just like he's the quarterback. He's still quarterbacking. Eli just takes it in stride. He's like Peyton, it bothers him. But the Eagles losing a game at home when you would have thought this should have been a foregone conclusion. But Kirk cousins the Falcons. That's a big win, all right. Eight seven seven three DP show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a TP show. So Kirk cousins a couple of touchdown passes, the other news, Carolina Panthers have benched Bryce Young and Andy Dalton will be the starting quarterback as we bring in Scott Fowler. Scott works for the Charlotte Observers sports columnists for the last thirty years and he joins us on the program. Scott, it's the annual Let's have Scott Fowler on to talk about how bad the Panthers are. So how did we get to this point?
Speaker 5: Well, short story is that the Panthers were two and fifteen last year and somehow they've gotten even worse. They're started off oh and two, but not only that, Dan, they've gotten blown out twice. It's seventy three to thirteen after two games in total.
Speaker 4: Point.
Speaker 5: So they made a big move yesterday.
Speaker 2: Okay, who's the one who benched Bryce Young?
Speaker 5: I think that's Dave Canalis, but he certainly had a lot of input because he was very hesitant to answer that question yesterday. But I think ultimately this is his call. He was brought into resurrect Bryce Young, Dan, and instead now after two games, they benched him.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is missing there with Bryce Young?
Speaker 5: He seems to me like he's overwhelmed and undersized those two things together are just working against him. Even in the best of times. He's undersized, right, but Drew Brees and Russell Wilson made that work, so it can happen. But to me, the reason they drafted in number one Dan was because they thought his brain was a computer and he would process everything new utifully and always make the right throw and throw it accurately, and that would make up for any other things. What's happened, however, is I think his confidence is shot, and so because of that, he's just making poor decisions all.
Speaker 4: Over the place.
Speaker 2: Was he set up for failure?
Speaker 5: I thought last year he was. I didn't think they had enough around him, and especially not his offensive line. But honestly, right now, Dan, they're blocking pretty well. I mean in this last game he was not pressured that much at all, but he just kept taking the two yard checkdown on third and ten. It was like he was so worried about getting sacked and throwing a pick that he played the other way, just this ultra conservative way, and got booed Dan. More than I've covered this team thirty years, I've never seen a home opener where the fans booed like that.
Speaker 2: And I think, what did he have eighteen completions but not even ninety yards. I mean that tells you everything of let me just get the ball out, but you don't have playmakers to get the ball out too. So it's I understand you're really you're not even getting out of first gear here. But go back to the draft because David Tepper, I'm gonna guess, you know, from Mount Olympus, came down and said we're taking him and we're going to trade our best receiver. And I mean, this is this is a mess. But is this the right decision to move on? Are they moving on from brace Young?
Speaker 5: I kind of think that they are until Andy Dalton either shows them otherwise or you know, gets hurt, and that's certainly a possibility too. I think we'll see Bryce play again. But are they moving on? This sure feel symbolic to me two games into the season, and yet Dan I will say, and I've written in the Charlotte Observer, I think it is the right move. I mean, how big of a sample size do you need when a guy's gone two and sixteen over eighteen starts, and in those eighteen starts stand like ten of them he's throwing zero touchdown passes. So it's just they just don't score with him behind the wheel.
Speaker 2: Scott Fowler, Charlotte Observer sports columnists for the last thirty years, Will David Tepper talk this week the owner?
Speaker 5: We'd love him too, I would guess not. He's normally He's been very behind the scenes Dan for most of twenty twenty four, and so we just don't know, if you know, if he's the wizard behind the curtain here on these decisions. I'm sure he's consulted on all of them. But the one that just keeps resonating here, of course, is they see c J. Stroud lighting it up every single week, and they could have had him. And of course even Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold who played who started here, ye are both to know right now. I mean, Matt rule is three and oh in Nebraska, I mean, it's it's just everyone. I think it's us Dan somehow. I think it's it's this city that recurs.
Speaker 2: But I've said this before, Scott. If CJ. Stroud was on Carolina, they wouldn't be any better. And if Bryce Young played for the Texans, we might see a different Bryce Young. If you don't have an offensive line. If you don't have a couple of playmakers, you're just not You're not going to succeed. I don't care how good you are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, you're right. It's they set him up for failure for sure last year. And I thought this year they really tried to make it better. It's still not much better, but I really honestly think most of it is on Bryce right now, I mean they did. They've got a pretty good offensive line actually right now, way better than last year. They ran the ball very well or for them, you know, on Sunday and and they but they couldn't never make a third and two. I mean, it was just it was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, But Andy Dalton got a start last year, he did one has he thrown I think you might have pointed this out. Did he throw for more yards in that game? Then Bryce is thrown this year?
Speaker 5: Right, And that was with a worst cast of receivers. He threw for three sixty one. They still lost, but he had the best game any Panther quarterback had last year came when Andy Dalton played that one game for Bryce, and they put him right back on the bench, you know, I mean, obviously he's thirty six years old.
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 5: He came out in the same draft class as Cam Newton, as people around here will point out. But in the short term, I mean, he's clearly the better player.
Speaker 2: All right, let's fast forward to next year's NFL draft. Carolina Panthers on the clock. What did they do with the number one overall pick?
Speaker 5: Well, if they I think that would be a good scenario for them. I mean, right now, I think getting number one again and not having to trade their way to it would be great. And I think they'll pick a quarterback. I think honestly that they'll start over here and try try it again in that amazing but yeah, I think that's the way it's going to go. And I'll be talking about it, Aril.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you in April when they're on the clock. Scott, great to talk to you again. Thanks for joining us. Thanks Dan, Scott Fowler. He's seen it all covered at all thirty years and had not heard the building that loud booing Bryce Young this past weekend. What do you do with Bryce? You just having sit and learn and hopefully Andy Dalton is able to help him. But it might not be a reclamation project. There in Carolina, might have to go someplace else. All right, phone calls, we'll get to those coming up. Let me see Brad in Colorado. Hey Brad, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 6: Good morning Dan. So, I've got a piping hot take for you right here. I believe I have solved inverse problem. Bow Nicks is too tall. So the Hall of Famer Sean Payton trades for Bryce young Man they win.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the problem with that Denver offense. Bow Knicks is too tall, and Sean Payton needs a shorter quarterback similar to Drew Brees. Thank you, Brad. Let me not write that down. Yes, Paul I got bow Knicks.
Speaker 7: I don't even have him at He's under six to four. He's not a tallest, he's not an Asweiler type guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yes, Tom So.
Speaker 4: It has nothing to do with constantly going three and out in punting, not being able to get touchdowns on him to self for field goals, and just being a total disaster.
Speaker 8: Yes, you know, it's really unfair for Bryce young What I'm just looking at this?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: Last year, in this third game, he was his first game, he had no touchdowns, no interceptions. His second game. Oh wait, no, he started the season anyway.
Speaker 2: He sorry, let me collect with us.
Speaker 8: He put up thirty points on the Packers and lost last year, or at least the Panthers did.
Speaker 2: That feels like a game you should win. That's just unfair, that's true. But then the only games that he's won, they didn't score twenty points.
Speaker 8: Right, there's not a lot of games where they hung a lot of points in the county. Yeah, but it's like, dang man, you put thirty on the Packers and lost.
Speaker 2: That's just unfair, that's cruel. I don't think they're going to get into too many shootouts Carolina.
Speaker 8: If you're Bryce young, do you walk in and just say, why don't you trade me?
Speaker 2: Just do it now? Just get rid of me. Now? What are we going to drag this out for? I think I would wait. I think I would wait. I'm sure that he's embarrassed, he's hurt by this, but I think he owes it to Carolina to at least let's see if I can be the backup quarterback and I can absorb something here? Can I reclaim my confidence? I think he's going to play again in Carolina. I don't think they're going to kick him to the curb and maybe he gets a chance to have a couple of Look what happened to Zach Wilson, Like you're in, You're out. We don't want you, we want you. Uh, he didn't want to play. He shouldn't have been in there. They should have sat him down and let him and that was the plan, and then Rogers got hurt. I don't know if Zach Wilson ever recovers, you know, from the confidence standpoint to be able to play and be a starter in the NFL. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to Bryce Young.
Speaker 8: Yes, so we're gonna have We're gonna pull Bryce, let him sit. Yeah, he's got this crappy team around of no offense. Let's let him sit for a few weeks. Let's let all of these starters right now get hurt, and then we'll put you back in to give you one last chance. There's no guarantee that everybody's gonna get hurt. No, not everybody's gonna get hurt, But there I can guarantee you that a bunch of the current starters for the Carolina Panthers by week five, six seven will be hurt.
Speaker 2: You can guarantee that.
Speaker 7: I think if you're a starter for the Panthers and you're here, I'm gonna get hurt soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean you know that you are. It's just the way the game works.
Speaker 8: I don't think this is really a hot take to be like, I think a bunch of these starters are going to be.
Speaker 2: Hurt, like they're good players, Like, who are they? I don't know who the good players are. But that's why I'm saying starters. I don't know who the good guys are, but starters.
Speaker 7: Yes, Paul, here's a stat though, so brayces Young's rookie week got answers here, of course we do. Bryce Young's rookie year last year, he was a sixty percent passer, three thousand yards, eleven touchdowns, ten picks. His quarterback rating was seventy three point seven. That's not horrid, that's just not good. Josh Allen's rookie year, he was a fifty three percent passer, ten touchdowns, twelve picks. His quarterback rating was sixty seven point nine. Okay, he had a brys Young had a little bit of a better rookie season then Josh Allen. Maybe the plan is, let's reset this whole thing, use our draft pick to surround some talent, and start the whole thing again next year.
Speaker 2: But I don't think anybody looked at Josh Allen and said he lacks confidence. I said, and I was very critical. I said, he doesn't know how to play the position right now. He was trying to do too many things. I don't know if Bryce Young is guilty of trying to do too many things. It doesn't feel like he wants to do too much of anything. He gets the ball away quickly. He had eighteen completions for eighty five yards.
Speaker 9: Stead of a day, Stana day, Stantata day, Stanata day.
Speaker 2: This is the start of the day. Also, he was sacked sixty two times. I mean, you can't build up any rapport, confidence, any of that stuff. You can't. That is one of the worst seasons for a quarterback as far as sacks go. I think it's top ten in history. How much confidence would you have? Yes? Yes?
Speaker 4: Do you think this is like a David Carr situation where he just didn't even have time to even show you that he could play quarterback at the NFL level?
Speaker 2: Well, I remember that quite vividly, talking to David Carr, and I thought he had a lot of talent, but his confidence went down quickly. Because he went down quickly. I think he got sacked seventy three times in one season. Yeah point.
Speaker 7: David Carr was sacked seventy six times as a rookie, the all time record. He also has third place, yeah place. He was sacked sixty eight times a year later. The top five all time Top ten. Randall Cunningham seventy two times, Sam Howell just last year sixty five times. Bryce Young is sixth all time, was sixty two times being sacked this last season, boy.
Speaker 2: You bring up Randall Cunningham. And that's when I did a feature on the Eagles and Buddy Ryan was the head coach, and I show up at training camp and I asked him, Uh, how do you make sure that Randall isn't sacked as many times as he was last year? And he turned around, he didn't even answer it, and then the PR guy grabbed him and said, no, no, no, you got to do this. You know this CNN. I was at CNN. I go you know, So I asked him again and he said, oh, we're just gonna let everybody sack him, and then he walked away and I went, okay, and I was going to put it in my report and I thought, you know, I was trying to be nice, but yeah, he he embarrassed me there, but I was just gonna let everybody sack him. And then he turned around and walked away. I was like, this job's supposed to be fun, isn't it. It's not a tough question. Yeah, but oh my god.
Speaker 4: You're about to be Kevin Gilbride.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna get punched. All right, let me take a break. We'll get to more phone calls and a new poll question coming up. We're back after this Stan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 10: Hey, we're Covino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to seven pm Eastern. But here's the thing, we never have enough time to get to everything we want to get to.
Speaker 9: And that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you blubber, list lame and me.
Speaker 10: Well, you know what it's called over promise. You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years.
Speaker 9: Well, it's a Cavino and Rich after show and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised.
Speaker 10: Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich, make sure you check out over Promise and also uncensored by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder. It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time.
Speaker 9: There you go, over promising. Remember you could see it on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen Over Promised with Cadino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: I mentioned something that surprised me last night. You have Kirk Cousins who doesn't have any mobility. He has even less mobility after Achilles surgery, and the Eagles did not put pressure on him. They hit him twice. I think he had thirty one passes. He got hit, twenty one sacked. And I'm looking at the edge rushers for the Eagles in two games. Josh Sweat has zero sacks eighty one snaps that he's played. Rice Huff sixty two snaps, zero sacks, Nolan Smith fifty four sacks, fifty four snaps, zero sacks, Brandon Graham's sixty apps, zero sacks. That's their rushers. They put no pressure on the quarterback. That's amazing. And you have a defensive coordinator who does it, Blitz. I gotta put pressure on Kirk Cousins. I gotta force him to run a little bit here. I get it. You know, you can be set in your ways of this is how my defense plays. I got to kind of adjust it in accordance to who I'm playing against. If I'm playing against Aaron Rodgers, I'm gonna make him run a little bit, or I'm gonna make him get rid of the ball because he doesn't want to run. Kirk Cousins achilles surgery as well. I gotta put pressure on him here, and the Eagles did not do that, all right, New Pole question. By the way, here is the Carolina head coach Dave Canalis, and here's the question from a report order on the decision to bench Bryce yew Keeper saying.
Speaker 4: The past that he gets consulted.
Speaker 5: On the big decisions.
Speaker 4: What was his role in this as you guys talked about.
Speaker 11: I want to keep that private. What I would like to say, though, is this is something after I watched the film, I looked at it, had a thought, started working on talking to the guys that we make decisions with. Certainly a lot of parties involved there, and ultimately this comes on me and my number one responsibility is to help the Panthers win and so this move I believe puts us in the best chance to do that this week.
Speaker 2: Okay, keep it vague, it's all Look, he's a rookie coach. Is this an ideal situation? No, But you don't want to pass up being a head coach in the NFL, even if it's with this ownership and with this substandard team. I get it. Do I think David Tepper is involved in this? Absolutely? If he was involved in drafting Bryce Young, I'm gonna imagine he's probably involved in benching Bryce Young. But if you say Bryce is our quarterback and then all of a sudden you say Andy Dalton gives us a better chance to win, it feels like we have to spin this. Got to make it positive, keep it vague, and hopefully move on.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: Paully has a way too early pie to the face. Bet way too early, pie to the face. Bet ready absolutely.
Speaker 7: For the twenty twenty five NFL Draft, the first pick of the entire draft will not.
Speaker 2: Be a quarterback.
Speaker 7: Will not. Well not over the past ten years, it's about seventy five percent of the time it's a quarterback. I think there's gonna be like six quarterbacks taken in round one, but not with the first pick.
Speaker 2: Okay, back to you, does anybody want a piece of the way too early pie to the face bet that a quarterback is not selected number one overall? Marvin, No, Wow, backing, you've kind of gotten a little fritzy, like a little soft when it comes to you know, oh, I.
Speaker 4: Believe I believe somebody's going to come out of nowhere and be the first quarterback taken.
Speaker 2: Wait so you can make the bet. Paulie says the quarterback won't be number one overall, and you said that you agree, So what is it?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 12: I'm going to take that back? You are, I'll take the bet. Okay, easily manipulated, That's true. It's called content, all right. Are you comfortable with that?
Speaker 4: No? No, of course not.
Speaker 2: Wait, I don't. I don't want to pressure you into taking a pie to the face.
Speaker 4: There's worse things.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're soft, but yes, yes, see.
Speaker 8: Would Paul be willing to say that it will not be a quarterback, nor will it be edge rush.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to be pressured into that. You will not be give me some space.
Speaker 2: You will not be Okay, okay, all right, So Marvin, you're taking the bat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, quarterback is gonna be taken first, right.
Speaker 2: That's what you're saying. Yes, Paul is saying no.
Speaker 7: Yes, And I almost want to make a prediction. If Carolina gets the number one pick, they don't go quarterback. And they love shiny toys down there. I could see them flirting with Travis Hunter from Colorado. The novelty of him, the entertainment value of him, whether it be them or other.
Speaker 2: Where is Travis Hunter on the Heisman odds? I haven't seen updated odds, but guy's been pretty incredible. Yeah, Paulie, I got.
Speaker 7: They're floating around here. Cam Mooard to Miami, Jalen Milroe, Jackson Dart, Carson Beck. No one's taken it. Quinn Youwers is in the mix. No favorite as of now, I don't have.
Speaker 2: Is Travis Hunter in the top checking six or seven Old Canada? I got a maybe maybe picture day Ray can reach out to DraftKings as.
Speaker 8: Probably a top ten or right.
Speaker 2: He should be. He should be, he should be one of the front runners.
Speaker 7: I have him in one place at plus three thy five hundred.
Speaker 4: The team's not good.
Speaker 7: His story is great, though.
Speaker 2: Whether two and one talk to us in two months, you don't believe? Do you believe?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 7: But Travis Hunter has the story on his side. He doesn't need winning and losing. Yeah, by playing.
Speaker 2: Remember Gordy Lockbomb. Remember Gordy Lockbomb, no two way player at holy Cross and he finished what top five heisman? Yeah, I think he found holy Cross.
Speaker 7: I think that was the Chuck Long Jackson Heisman.
Speaker 2: The closest heisman race ever.
Speaker 7: I think it was the cover of Sports Illustrated, The Thinking Man's Heisman Vote.
Speaker 2: I think Rick Riley wrote. I think he wrote a cover story on Gordi Lockbaum If I'm if I'm my memory serves me correctly, but he was a two way player at holy Cross and then they it was one of those where like, yeah, we're kind of buying into this. This is this is like a Disney movie with Gordi lockbamb Let me see Jason in North Carolina, Hi Jays, thanks for holding. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: What's going on DP? What's going on Fellas? Two things first, my September September VP is definitely going to Fred Warner getting fitted for the gold jacket right now that he's one of one out there and number two. I just have a question for you, Dan, you know, being a Niners fan in washing Brock Purty here these last couple of years, the temperature around the league, or at least on the media is more of it.
Speaker 14: Is just meh.
Speaker 13: There's a whole lot of meh. And you know, I watching quarterback play definitely for the first two weeks, and even the top guys I Pastor Mahomes.
Speaker 15: Joe Burrow, do let it out.
Speaker 13: I mean those guys are making mistakes, making fumbles, and in terms of game I feel like Rock Purdy and Joe Burrow. This might be a hot take, but I feel like both of them have a very similar game in terms of how they dissect, how they go through their reads, and they can also beat you when the play breaks down. So I'm curious about how much you've actually watched a Rock Purty to form your opinion. It's not to say that you have a bad opinion about him, but I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: Well, I go back to college there, Jays. I don't know if you do with Brock Purty, but we talked about rock Purty probably junior year. I think, so I know what you're getting at that. I somehow am not watching rock Purty.
Speaker 7: And we celebrated Broctober Festival.
Speaker 2: Yes, so we did that, Yes we did so. Heck yeah, do your homework if you're coming after me. I'll admit if I'm wrong, but I have nothing against Brock Purdy. Rock Purty is a game manager and he does a wonderful job. But that's not a negative because Tom Brady was a game manager. He's not a gunslinger. He manages the game. He's got a brilliant coach, offensive minded coach, and he's had weapons around him. He takes advantage of that, that's what you want. Would I love to have Brock Purty as my quarterback, absolutely on that team. But if he goes to Carolina, you tell me how much success does Brock Purty having. So let's just call it like it is. He's the right quarterback for this system. It doesn't cost them anything that it's going to cost them a lot. It's allowed them to keep the talent, the collective together, that's all. It's just a context of it that gets lost by people the right now. And he's done a really good job, So I have nothing against him. People get offended like it's everything's personal to you. It's not to me. I just call it as I see it. I have no agenda here with this.
Speaker 8: Yes, I do appreciate when we get the like, guys, would you drop the agenda?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 8: If you look at the Panthers offensive line and pass only situations where they're going to the left, they're actually really effective. Okay, So just stop with the narrative. Oh my god, how the hell are we supposed to drill down that far?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I think you've got systemic problems there. It's not when you roll to your left you're really good with your pass blocking there, but thank you for doing a deep dive there. Yeah, rock Perty is a great story. I'm all about content. It'd be great if he won a Super Bowl. If he makes sixty million, good for him. I don't care. But can you take it personally as if I have an agenda?
Speaker 4: And I don't.
Speaker 2: I couldn't care less. Griffin and Cincinnati. Hi Griff, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 15: Good morning, fellas. I got a couple of quick things for you, including a pie to the face bet. But first, out of the many ailments that all of you have come across among your lives, has anybody ever had to have a cardiac MRII when I'm receiving on Thursday, anyone ever had one?
Speaker 2: Anybody cardiac? Anybody? Nope, Nope, We've had a lot of procedures. No cardiac.
Speaker 15: All right, Well, that's good to hear. Healthy heart's all around. The pie of the face bet. I believe that the Satti Bengals will win the AFC North Division. Anybody think otherwise?
Speaker 2: No, because I'm looking at the AFC North right now, and I don't know if I'm fully invested in the Steelers. Raven's got Dallas coming up, and I have no idea. I mean, that's a big win in Jacksonville. I have to give them credit day. That was a big win. But and then the Steelers, I'm not stillers. I'm not quite sure. I mean, the Ravens are going to Dallas. Now, you got Dallas after a humbling home loss to the Saints. Is that must win for the Ravens?
Speaker 4: Yes, must win? Yes it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, because it'd be three. Oh really, that's what happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's usually what happens.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You go, oh to two and then you lose, then you go in three.
Speaker 4: Be fair?
Speaker 2: I checked it, did you Okay?
Speaker 4: You guys were like, oh, it's kind of a must one. What do you mean it's kind of a must one to be on three?
Speaker 2: Why are you yelling?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I wasn't yelling.
Speaker 2: Why is everybody suddenly yelling at me?
Speaker 4: Oh? I would have yelled at you.
Speaker 2: I come in peace, you leave in pieces.
Speaker 4: You coming with the check too? Yeah, so I wouldn't disrespect you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, Paul, The Ravens have Dallas, Buffalo and Cincinnati the next three.
Speaker 2: Yeow yow yo clip that one, yeah, yow. All right, last call for phone calls, what we learn, what's in store for tomorrow, and we'll try to accomplish all of that.
Speaker 1: Right after this YOW be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Kirk d Cousins is going to join us, I believe on the program tomorrow. It's always great to book him after he gets a win, so great to have him on. Steve Smith Senior is going to join us. He had some strong comments about Russell Wilson. So Steve Smith. He's one of the few people that we've had who said they would come on after the game. They came on after the game. It was a Super Bowl loss. Monday morning. We had set it up with Steve through PR with Carolina, Hey, we want to have Steve on. He honored his commitment, came on after a Super Bowl loss. Uh raheem moster after the Niners lost in the Super Bowl, and he was great. He honored. He said, Hey, I'm still gonna come on after the Super Bowl. Yes, Boum.
Speaker 7: The lesson is, if you're an NFL player and we asked for you the Thursday before the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're just say no, Just say no. And once again sa Kwon Barkley, he did reach out to the show and say he was sorry that he couldn't join us. He just didn't think of the optics are good. He was going to be on to promote a product, and he made the right decision not to come on. I mean, would I'd like to have mon Yes, but I'd like to be able to do a full interview with him instead of asking him about that third down drop. Uh, And he wouldn't be in a very talkative mood. What's on the TV tonight? Is there anything?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 7: A lot of baseball, Yankees, Mariners, Late Night, No, Paul Schimes.
Speaker 4: Show.
Speaker 2: Hey, the Countdown. He's kind of stuck.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Dodgers are the Dodgers, Marlin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, finished up with the Braves. If you want to fall.
Speaker 8: Asleep to something, you got Champions League starting at the twelve forty five Eastern first games. Then you've got third three o'clock. You got the other games you're going do that? New playing PSV Real Madrid, Okay, yeah, Milan Liverpool Big One. Oh yeah, of course get in on that. Yeah you want Yeah, uh, final results of the pole question. Oh, we have a Bryce Young game.
Speaker 7: Yes, we got to get this in now.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do that and then see when will give me the poll results.
Speaker 7: It's a very simple game.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: Newly benched quarterback Bryce Young will have how many more starts this season? Closest to the whole wind it? Dan, you go last?
Speaker 2: Okay, Todd three, Seaton six and a half. So he'll start a game. He won't finish the game. Okay, he'll half start a game. Marvin four, Right, Paul, I'm gonna go none starts, none, none, Ski, I'm gonna go. Bryce Young has three more starts, three more starts. Yeah, yes, Todd, that was it.
Speaker 4: Because Dalton plays terribly or due.
Speaker 2: To injury, that's not part of the game. I didn't have to have any reasoning he was over.
Speaker 8: So they begrudgingly bring him back in because like, well, I guess we gotta put Bryce back.
Speaker 2: Let him out there, Andy slow to get up.
Speaker 4: Looks like we're going to Bryce.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Jason and Sacramento. Hi, Jason, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 14: I just wanted to me to call about that third and three player last night. I don't avoid Shane Irving feels me on this one. That play called just week of that paperboard looking offensive coordinator Kevin Kellen Moore. As Cowboy fans we all know too well. So if you guys ever wonder why Shane Irving says run the damn ball, that is exactly what.
Speaker 2: All right? Thank you, Jason Well. I liked when they could run the ball in Dallas. Now you've got Zeke Elliott. I don't think we're going to be running the ball too often. There, Dan in California, Hi Dan, what's on your one?
Speaker 6: Hey Dan? Just seen if you anybody want to take me up a part of the face back for the Patriots beating the Jets this Thursday.
Speaker 2: Oh hate Triots and the Jets.
Speaker 8: Hatriots better than we thought. Question mark quest not even a question mark anymore.
Speaker 2: That game is at New York, Is that right? Dan? I'll do it since I have the Jets going to the Super Bowl, so I'll take the Jets in that game. All right, let's go, all right, Dan? That's Dan on Dan Crime, right, there's what that is? Yeah. Boone in New Mexico, Hey Boone, what's on your mind?
Speaker 4: Hey Dan? Five?
Speaker 14: Channel on fifty five got us. I've got kind of a random NFL question. Hope you can answer for me. Why is it that on the Sunday games they can't seem to split them up evenly? Last week we had ten mornings, three afternoon. Why can't they do it evenly?
Speaker 2: I don't know that I'd have to talk to a TV executive. I never thought of it or asked about it. I just figured they front load the one o'clocks. They like the standalone games. You don't want to kind of cannibalize your game, or if you have another game, you want to make sure. You know they Fox and CBS get big numbers for those late afternoon games, and you know, obviously NBC has the standalone game on Sunday night. Yeah, Paulin, your answer is correct.
Speaker 7: It's mostly about making three or four games national TV games on the thrice networks.
Speaker 2: This day in sports history, Paul.
Speaker 7: Got a couple for you. The American Professional Football Association was formed in Kanton, Ohio. It's now called the NFL. Nineteen sixty one, the Minnesota Vikings made their debut in the NFL.
Speaker 2: You like this one, Dan? That was fran Tarkington who made his debut and he threw four touchdown passes against the Bears.
Speaker 7: Topper nineteen eighty three. Johnny Bench may have heard him of the Cincinnati Reds retired after sixteen years as a catcher. He may be first ballot of who's the best blank of all time? And you name a position in baseball, don't you think he's up there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think there are guys who if you're going to combine everything, he changed the game. He changed the way catchers catch a game. And I just think power numbers. He was in, you know, clutch guy. Yeah, I don't know if you go, well, Pudge Rodriguez, there are questions about Pudge and you know there's a few catchers in there. That and Yogi Barrow won all those World Series, Roy Campanell that there's so many, you know, great catchers. I think Johnny was the full package there of what you expected wanted out of a catcher. And you know he was handling a pitching staff. I don't know if catchers necessarily do that anymore, Todd would you learn today.
Speaker 4: Passing touchdowns through two weeks is down eighty six last year, only sixty nine this season.
Speaker 2: Seton o'cunnor, Bryce Young, run maybe over.
Speaker 4: Marvin Salpeal Lows Tree, Lance.
Speaker 7: Paul tough day for Sa Kwanba. He's a class act.
Speaker 2: What we learned brough't you by Express Employment Professionals providing the workforce you need. With Express All, lower your labor costs, reduced turnover. Go to expresspros dot com. Find the location here you nearest you, near you, that's Express Pros. Come. Have a great day, everybody, Talk to you tomorrow.