Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama girl, drama girl, all about them high school queens.
Speaker 3: We'll take you for a ride. And our comic girl cheered for the right teams.
Speaker 2: Drama queens girl fashion, but your tough girl, you could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl drama, Queens drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Drama, Queens Drama, Queens.
Speaker 4: All right, we're kicking this off. I just want to say, can I get my honorable mention out of the way right away? Do it like right away? You guys. The T shirt that Quinton is wearing in this episode, oh god, on the river court, it looks like a penis roarshack. It looks like such a dish. Three nicks got smashed together, and it's and it was all I cared about. Everything else was so like like cringey and like oh good. But that penis shirt made me laugh so hard.
Speaker 5: I think they might have been little like silk screens of R two D two's, but they looked like Dick's.
Speaker 2: Damn. I wish I had noticed that. I totally missed it. You have to go back, okay, can pause it.
Speaker 3: When Nathan is talking to Quinn on the River Court.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're never gonna unsee it.
Speaker 2: Well, welcome everybody at Season five, episode six, Don't Dream It Overhead February eighth, two thousand and eight. Lucas confronts Peyton about her harsh treatment of Lindsey, which ends up in a huge argument over their past. Brooke intervenes when Victoria meddles with Peyton's record label Girl, and Nathan grows closer to Jamie's live in nanny Carrie, is she living here?
Speaker 4: Why is she living in?
Speaker 2: I kind of thought she was just showing up but for work every day and going home. While Haley is challenged by her difficult student, Quentin Mouth becomes torn with a loyalty to his coworkers or his illicit affair with his boss Alice.
Speaker 5: You know, we're we're all in really different time zones now with Ye and Overseas. So yeah, us, me and Hill and the team watched the episode. But you watched it this morning, Joy, Where were you?
Speaker 2: I watched it this morning. I was home. Maria did not have school today because it's like final exams week. I had to help her study for some stuff today. So well, that's sweet. Just I watched the episode on my own a little earlier this morning while she was sleeping.
Speaker 3: Is there stuff like now that you're.
Speaker 5: Because you guys, basically you know, have teenagers like yeah, are you reading shit in their books and going what is this? I don't remember this? How do we do this math?
Speaker 3: You know? I think about that.
Speaker 2: No new math is no fun.
Speaker 4: We had to make a biome chart last night. I was like, the fuck is a biome chart? Don't here?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that is. That sounds terrifying to me.
Speaker 4: It was dumb.
Speaker 2: Maria. I got her a math tutor because she's blessed in math the same way that I am. And so she was talking with this and her tutor is he's an older guy. He's like a grandpa kind of guy. He's, you know, probably in his sixties, and she's he's looking through her sheet of all this math and it's you know, she writes it like it's all over the page, and he's looking at what the problem the teacher gave her, and it took him a second, and finally he's like, can we just do it this way? And he showed her the way that we know, like the easiest way to do long division or whatever. I don't know. I think she's in geometright now, and it's like it took her four seconds. I mean she just listened watched it, and she was like, oh, and from now on, it's so easy. But I don't understand why I'm not a teacher. I don't know what the deal is with core curriculum. I don't know where it's coming from or who's making these decisions. But new math sucks, guys. Whoever's in charge, he needs to stop it.
Speaker 5: I mean I thought the old math sucked, so I don't want to know anything about this new math of which you speak.
Speaker 4: Guys, I'm hearing from other parents in town. Other parents are like coming up to me at basketball games, going, oh, the math teacher hates your kid. And other parents, Yes, she's made her position known. Thank you so much. Wow, appreciate you. If only we all had teachers like Haley James Scott.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, by.
Speaker 5: The way, I was gonna say, you get one or two options. I had teachers that were my Haley's, like amazing, incredible teachers who rocked my world in the best way, that expanded every horizon I knew to exist. And then I think about how your kid could end up with a nanny Carey, and I'm like, suck.
Speaker 2: The older I get, the more I realize how realistic it is that there are real, deeply narcissistic, actual psychopaths out there.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 2: Oof, and you never know who it is.
Speaker 5: And Tory is playing the shifts in her so well, like she's moving in these ways that are a little slinkier, but then with you, she's very prim and proper, but her wardrobe is changing and her like by the end of the episode, when Haley says, good to know there aren't monsters in the house and she's out, and I was like, oh, I'm so uncomfortable, Like my skin was crawling.
Speaker 2: She did it. She was doing it so subtly. It's that perfect blend of the dinner table is the best example I can think of when she says he looks great out there. Your rehab's coming along, and it's it's the thing that makes you go, what the hell And then you're like, oh, oh, no, I'm reading into it.
Speaker 4: It's me. I'm the psycho. Yeah, yep, Haley's not the psycho here.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: When we were watching Joy and it was the scene where Carrie's in the pool with the boy and haleys it like we couldn't stomach it, Like standing there watching it. We've we've all lived that moment at some point in our lives where we're watching a betrayal happen right in front of our eyes and you can't react, like you have to keep your composure. And it made me want a vomit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and you so deep I mean, I so deeply don't and I think Hayley does too. Didn't want to believe and doesn't you know, when you see those things happen, you don't want to believe that that's true because it shifts the reality of everything else that you had built a foundation on. So it's like there's so much at stake if that, if a betrayal is true, then you have to unravel all this other stuff from the history. So yeah, it's really hard. And to watch Haley justify it in her mind and try and figure out and even apologize the next morning. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be. It's me.
Speaker 3: You're great. It's so great in the world.
Speaker 4: Is Nanny Carey living in the house with you guys?
Speaker 2: That's so strange. I did not think that was the case.
Speaker 5: By the way, because in the beginning, remember that scene we talked about where you come in in the car and she's like, Okay, see you tomorrow and she leaves. They've shifted it, and I think they've put living and nanny in the you know, episode description because they like the idea of oh, now she lives in the house. Oh that's why she's there swimming at night. The writers have just decided to shift it. And then they're doing that thing where they're like, no, it's always been like this, and as audience members slash actors, we go, but it hasn't because three episodes ago you made me say this.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, yeah, yeah, go back to your house. Well, should give up the lease on her apartment.
Speaker 3: But like, do you.
Speaker 5: Think when Haley came out in that moment, was she watching the action in the pool and going ret row or did she hear Because Wolf, when you talk about that feeling of betrayal that turns your stomach upside down.
Speaker 3: When Jamie goes.
Speaker 5: Get me, daddy, and Nanny Carey says, yeah, get me daddy.
Speaker 3: I would drag that woman out of that pulled by her hair and be like get out of my house. Like that was so inappropriate. Did you hear it?
Speaker 4: Oh? God, it is making my chest red.
Speaker 2: Right, skin crawling.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at as we're all red in the face.
Speaker 2: But hey, in what world is Nathan picking up a woman in a bikini and throwing her around in the pool?
Speaker 4: Ye? Come on, that's his stick because remember when when Peyton and Nathan went on their like boy toy auction date we ended up in the pool and he was picking me up and throwing me around. Yeah, yeah, that's his thing. Nathan loves throwing a chick around. Man.
Speaker 2: Still, this like has this insecurity that just needs to be wanted, needs to.
Speaker 4: Be Peter Pan.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I also think there is a little bit of a like, well, obviously I don't mean it like that everybody's playing the kids around. Peyton's my friend.
Speaker 5: We were just playing like there is a there is this like deniability I think that sometimes handsome men have because there's I'm so used to things going their way that they're like, no, it's not like that, and it's like, well maybe not.
Speaker 3: For you, you ding dong.
Speaker 4: They're gonna toe right up to that line.
Speaker 5: But if you don't thing that woman got in that pool covered in body oil and a little teeny weenie poke it out bikini girl on purpose.
Speaker 3: You're an idiot.
Speaker 4: I'm mad about it.
Speaker 2: I don't buy that upset.
Speaker 4: I wish Haley would have just walked right up to the edge of the pool and been like, yeah, daddy, Yeah, what the.
Speaker 2: Hell are you doing?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: That was so upsety.
Speaker 4: And then you've let her come to dinner. Yeah, why was she at the dinner table?
Speaker 2: I invited her to dinner. I felt so bad for asking her not to wear a bikini in the pool with my husband.
Speaker 3: And then she's in a V neck that goes like almost to her belly button.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, so strange.
Speaker 3: Putting his pants on, Oh so strange.
Speaker 2: I wonder if, like I probably could have helped that a little bit more, made a little bit more sense in retrospect, I feel like if I had played hate a little more frazzled in the last couple of episodes, where I was more distracted and more like just I don't know as an observer now, if I was watching, if I was doing it again, I meant, I think I would have done that.
Speaker 4: But that's the ownership that women take, which we shouldn't where it's like, well, if I were paying more attention, he wouldn't be paying attention to this nanny, or it wouldn't seem so weird. And like I was frowz. No, Haley is doing everything right, everything right, and these kinds she makes.
Speaker 2: It more believable that that's why she would have she would have missed it, like not really noticed it if she was distracted. I was like, Hailey, smart, why isn't she seeing what's going on?
Speaker 3: Well, but most of it's happening behind your back. That's fair and to your point, you don't want.
Speaker 5: To think that that's going on, And like, you know, your kid loves this person, and having help is giving you some freedom as an individual.
Speaker 3: I get how layered that is.
Speaker 5: I just wish the writers would have had some sort of a line to acknowledge the fact that this woman moved in, Like just put it in a scene. Just make it clear so that we're not going, oh, it's it's in the synopsis, Like come on, guys, tell us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my condo burnt down, that's what it should have been, right, Yeah, she burned it down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she set fire to her building so she could live with you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Well, okay, so there was a lot in this episode. It felt like it was really jumping around and hitting a lot. Do you know what it kind of felt like. Do you remember Hillary when we would were on set that one time and we I don't know why we did it, but we ran through Lamez in five minutes. Oh, this is what that episode felt like to me. Yes, it's just slammed all together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were cramming so much in They wanted to do this whole dream sequence for everyone having a dream that turned into a nightmare.
Speaker 3: So it starts happy and then it gets dark and it's Jamie and it's it's everyone, it's you, it's me.
Speaker 5: And then they also wanted the repeats, So Alice is a bitch, Peyton is a bitch, your mom's a bitch. It won't happen again, It won't happen again. They have everybody echoing. The last sentence of this scene is the first sentence of the next scene. And so there were there were so many devices that it made the episode feel a little frazzled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, disjoin it.
Speaker 4: It was dense though. Man starting out with that creepy music and Dan Scott in fangs. Oh my god, I was like, they did not make him a fucking vampire. Was True Blood on at this point? Is this when we were in our True Blood face?
Speaker 2: Wait, it was on because Joe got that job like a year later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Joe went from our show to True Blood like season five or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guys, we thought vampires were so sexy. I loved that show so much.
Speaker 2: I read all the Sickie Stackhouse novels.
Speaker 4: Oh god, sure it did. How do we didn't get to be vampires? Just Dan Scott Man.
Speaker 3: Dan Scott and Victoria Davis.
Speaker 2: Yes, Victory is her own version of a vampire.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's like that really mean vampire that hung out with Alexandra Scarsgard on the show. Just Oh yeah, she was hot Boston, those chicks around. Yeah. The Dan thing. I like that conversation that Skills has with Nathan at the beginning of the episode, because I've been in that position where it's like, what does your kid know? Because I know what my kid knows, and you want to make sure we're all on the same page, and you're asking me to lie to this child. Yeah, okay, I'm just set the boundaries here, and I like that skills, felt like he could just tell Jamie the truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like that too. I think that's a good polacy with kids.
Speaker 3: And it also just made for such good comedy. Yeah, like him trying.
Speaker 5: Not to blow it again and then you told him Dan went to prison because he didn't clean his room.
Speaker 2: So it really was nice.
Speaker 4: I mean, does that work. I've got a five year old right now.
Speaker 3: You guys report back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a fun experiment to try children. I want to talk about Victoria Moore though. This was fun the Brook and Victoria storyline. First of all, Daphne looks so fucking amazing every time she's on screen, those colors on her everything, She's just hair holds herself like a queen. It's an incredible Uh. Yeah, this was interesting, this constant struggle with Brooke and Victoria to find and Brook so desperately wanting coming to terms with how badly she wants her mother's love. Yeah, and that moment in the end really gutted me. That was so sad that she has the dream, goes and has the moment and repeats it. Does she sleep in the back of the store? I missed that part. Why did she wake up? In the back of the store.
Speaker 3: No, she went home.
Speaker 5: That's the that's bedroom in Brooks House. But it's like, you know, she's gone home from the night out with Millicent and Peyton and wakes up and goes to the store because she's had a dream about having gone to the store instead of going home.
Speaker 3: It wasn't super clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe just because that's the back of the set. Yeah, I was thinking something else. Anyway, that was well done and I made me sad.
Speaker 5: I know, it made me, said too, And it's funny. I as soon as it started to happen, I was like, oh my god, I remember shooting this with Daphne, and I remember, you know, we shot, we block shot, so we did all my coverage of the happy dream and then into the sad reality, and then we turned around and did the happy dream and the sad reality, and it was really emotional for both of us. It was so hard to have to, you know, play those those two differences, and I don't know, it gave me one of those like muscle memory sense memory feelings where I was like, oh shit, it's like I can feel that hug. And how nice it was for us both to have a great moment, especially because so much for her in this episode was so vicious. Yeah, vicious with mea Lindsay and Mia vicious with peyton Ah like pain going out and defending Brooks on or like a true best friend, and then Victoria saying it's clear you didn't have a mother, Like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, it was heavy.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, what we normally see in romantic relationships for other characters is what we are seeing in Brooke Davis's female relationships. Yeah, she's got this problem where with her mom, which is a toxic love where like we see the teasings, we see like a tease of like what it could be. Because there's that scene where you guys are having together and you're getting pissy about zero is not a size and your mom is like, ugh, we're their models whatever, and then she tells you to eat and you're like, oh, but almost I was four. She says, but you're my daughter and you're not a model. You're far too talented. And so we get that backhanded compliment that sometimes you get in a romantic relationship where it's like, no, this person loves me, like they think I'm great. And Brook tells her friends she's like you don't know, like she's.
Speaker 3: My mom's great supported she's better.
Speaker 4: Oh, Peyton Sawyer just wants to be your ducky. Peyton Surrey just wants to show up and be like she's mine and I'm the only person that's allowed to tackle her in the front lawn. No one allowed to talk about her.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I love that. I love Peyton as ducky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's your duck yeah.
Speaker 5: And it's and it's interesting that Brooke goes to bat for Peyton with Victoria and then Peyton turns around and goes to batford Brooke with Victoria. And in this way, especially because our two characters have really, you know, found the reconnection, found the bond we're living together, it's almost like now she's our mom, you know, she's she's like both of our nightmares.
Speaker 3: And I love that Haley gets in on it.
Speaker 5: He is the one who's like Pitchtoria was waiting and it's Victoria. We got Bitchtoria out of this episode. We got zero is not a size out of this episode. We get We go into such ah just like iconic, like quote from our show.
Speaker 3: It was so fun.
Speaker 4: Have you ever had to fight one of your friend's parents. No, it's such a weird thing to have to fight a friend's like family member. Yeah, I mean guys, I'm not one to mince words, and so yeah, without going into personal detail, I have had to check some people I love relatives, and it is uncomfortable because you have to say it with a smile, like as a girl. You have to present it in a palatable way where you're like, hey, look, let's just all get on the same page here, And it is rare that anyone wants to get on the same page with you.
Speaker 2: Normally it's like so funny that you can do like I'm man, I'm so just like, well, that's freking rude.
Speaker 4: Just say it.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you manage to like contain and then also present it in a palatable way. That is the talent, Well.
Speaker 4: Because you're trying to love the person that you love right and creating a battle with their oppressor if you will, is not going to make it any easier on them. But yeah, that's such a fine line where it's like, how do I fight for you but not make it wor worse.
Speaker 2: Well, I love that Peyton just takes the risk because clearly it can't get any worse with Victoria.
Speaker 4: No, no, Like, what do you think the first interaction was in third grade where probably where Victoria was like this one, this is what you bring home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a stray puppy. Peyton had some good stuff in this episode too. I know we're kind of jumping around, but it's fitting because the episode bounced around a lot.
Speaker 3: The episode jumped around so much.
Speaker 4: Well, we're exhausted. Well the fact that you brought Lindsay to the studio, so listen joy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, let's go to the beginning.
Speaker 4: I can't stop with the Peyton defense, Like I'm watching this like why the fuck is Lindsay there? And then when all that dialogue came out, I was like.
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, you're like turns out I feel exactly the way they wrote me to feel.
Speaker 4: This is a business endeavor. I don't need Lindsey, like, you know, spilling a drink on the board, like she can't come in here, get out. I get so defensive about it.
Speaker 5: It is also a weird thing when somebody brings an outsider who doesn't have any place in your creative process into your creative work, like it's one of the things that I find weird kind of about our jobs. Like if you were coding at a tech company, nobody would ever stand over your shoulder at your chair and be.
Speaker 2: Like, what are you doing now?
Speaker 3: What are you doing now?
Speaker 2: What's going on there?
Speaker 5: And sometimes you'll get to work on a set which is not nearly as intimate as a recording studio and there's like ten people at video village or like standing behind the a camera and you're like, who are these people?
Speaker 3: I have to like fake a sex scene today?
Speaker 6: Like I don't have to think Europe, yeah or yeah, Like I have to cry?
Speaker 3: Could you not? Like could you not stand in the corner and like record on your phone right now?
Speaker 5: Like hold on, guys, we got to have like a little bit of a boundary for the thing we're doing in this room that's so intimate, and that's like a bunch of us as actors on a stage with a bunch of people and camera guys.
Speaker 2: But you've built a circle of trust.
Speaker 5: Well yeah you have. They're your family, Like there there are your people. I can't imagine how completely emotionally naked I would feel as a recording artist if it was just me in a room and two women that I was working with in the booth, and then suddenly there's just a stranger being like, so, what are you going to sing for me today?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Hailey should have known better.
Speaker 5: You're like, you're probably a really nice person, but please leave, like come back tomorrow, I guess so I can like know you're coming if you have to be here.
Speaker 3: But why are you here?
Speaker 2: Was Hailey there to record with me? Or was she just like passing through to grab something on her way? I think that's where I was confused, Like were they on their way to lunch?
Speaker 4: Why would may it be there by herself?
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 5: Victoria tells Haley, you're late for the session? Oh right, yes, which is what makes it weird. So it's like, so did they come to the session together and then they were going to hang out until lunch and then go to lunch? Like again, this is this is just not great writing, Like they didn't make clear what was happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, but it is weird that she brought Lindsay, especially not only just everything you said, Sophia, but just even the sheer fact that she's Lucas's girlfriend and Peyton's like his ex girlfriend and it's already been tense. Why would she do that? Another reason why Haley should have been really frazzled and just distracted and like overwhelmed. You know, it's like give her free paths. She's just completely overwhelmed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just figured that Haley was like forcing Peyton's hand a little bit in like a loving way, like I know you're gonna be fucking weird about this, and I'm not gonna let you make it weird. You know, like that's a reasonable girlfriend thing to do, and it's irritating for Peyton, it's irritating for Hillary.
Speaker 6: Burton, who totally aligns with my character. Yeah, but do that on like a shopping day or like a lunch. Don't do it a professional endeavor.
Speaker 5: But don't you think that this is one of those things that happens on a TV show because they need to do certain scenes in certain sets and then they're like, yeah, we're gonna do this combo and we're just gonna make this happen. We got to get them together, so she'll just go with her. You know, there's always one person in the room going, don't you think that's weird?
Speaker 3: And everybody else goes it doesn't matter we don't have time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's what I want to know.
Speaker 4: Why does Lindsay have a job. She's never working on anything. Lizy's just going to lunches, going to dinners, popping into Peyton's place, going to clothes over bros. Lindsay's just bugging everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and why wasn't she always have a manuscript on her If she's an editor, she should always be reading something.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, apparently she's waiting on Lucas to write this book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just waiting on this, dude.
Speaker 4: I'm mad about it.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Lindsay and Lucas, this my brain is going now to the fight that you guys had, which was so good. But when he walked in and sat down in the studio, it felt to me like Lucas really was actually the emotional center of the whole episode. That didn't it hadn't grounded until he walked into that room, into your office and started talking to you, because I realized all the other storylines. Everybody was buzzing on this like high energy drama, like trying to solve problems and kind of scurrying around, and Lucas was the only one who was calm and dropped in, which was nice to see. I feel I feel like I hadn't seen that from him in a while.
Speaker 5: Do you mean when he comes in to tell Peyton she has to apologize and then offers to help her, like in the beginning of the episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, and they got and then they got into a they got into a fight later. Was that was later the scene?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's there's scenes and trick and I loved filming these scenes with Chad. We had Tom Wright as our director, who I'll say in a million times was just a favorite of mine on multiple shows that I've worked on. I've done three different televisions, maybe four different television shows with him. He's just wonderful. And I remember really trusting him because it's we're having to deliver all this backstory in these two fight scenes and get out all this exposition and stuff, and we both feel one hundred percent right in our approach, Like he really thought it was appropriate for him to show up and be like, I'm going to be the peacemaker, and Peyton like one hundred percent feels she's right to be like, I need to avoid this with you at all costs, and I have a million other things going on and watching the show back, like I remember Peyton catching so much shit for like, oh, she broke up Locus and broke and she broke up Locus and blends it. Peyton is avoiding him at every turn. She's just like pass pass, pass pass. He's the one that keeps showing up, and so I need that to be acknowledged. But him saying can I help you, and her saying no, Like if she were trying to reel him in, it would be like, you know, would be great, could you know, maybe stick around?
Speaker 2: No, She's like, leave me alone so I can get over you and get on with my life instead of living other things and having other dreams. That's what the fact that it all came out, it was like pushing pushing away. I can't remember what he said that really launched you in to your thing about the books, but it was. It felt so real. The progression of that scene was so real and so visceral. I just thought it was so well. That was my favorite scene in the episode and was the best written scene in the episode two.
Speaker 4: He says, you didn't think I could do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it was ew, which.
Speaker 4: Is so shocking to Peyton because it was like, wait a second, yeah, hold on now, but also that that would be the thing that was such a turn off for him, that he could get over her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he didn't. He clearly didn't because he was so upset in the office, saying to her, I propose to you. You don't go in and fight for somebody that you're not still connected to, that you don't still kind of want.
Speaker 5: But what I thought was really interesting about it and what made it feel so real to me is exactly that moment you're talking about Joy because he's yelling saying, I did this.
Speaker 2: I asked you.
Speaker 3: And you said no, and you gave up on us. And she's like, you're a story.
Speaker 5: That's not what happened. I said, I'm not ready. I said, we're nineteen. I said give me time. I said I want to marry you. I want to be with you forever. She's reminding all of us in that scene of exactly what she said, and you do really realize, like, oh, he's telling a story about what happened.
Speaker 2: Heard one thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he didn't get what he wanted and he didn't get it the way he wanted it, and so he threw it all back in her face, and it's so vindicating that she gets to say, you're the one.
Speaker 5: Who gave up on us, Yeah, because you didn't get it your way.
Speaker 2: And I thought that was so special that he didn't get it his I mean, it could have been that he didn't get it his way. I think I saw it as he his expectation was at a certain place because it was so vulnerable, like he was really putting everything out there, and when it didn't turn out. It's not I don't know if so much that it was like his way, like he was throwing a fit. Is just the expectation of if I'm going to put everything out there, you got to put everything out there too, And it just because it didn't come out the way he was expecting, he couldn't adjust. Does that make sense what I'm saying. It feels to me like he was throwing a fit. It felt just like he he just didn't know how to adjust. He didn't know how to hear it.
Speaker 4: We've said in the past couple of weeks, where you know, because our characters keep reminding everybody we're twenty one years old and this is such a twenty twenty one, twenty two year old fight to have where you know, he's allowed to be kind of bitchy and be like, oh, you didn't want me, but now that I'm a successful writer, now you want me, which is gross. It's so gross, but it's also gross. It's like kind of what it looked like from his angle. And yeah, Hayton, I remember having trouble with the blocking because we'd done the first scene and they were like, don't cry in this, Hillary, don't cry in this. You gotta hold it, suck it up, don't cry in this, because there was a part of me when he was like, can I help you that just wanted to scream, right, So hold it in for the second one, and then I just didn't. I couldn't figure out what to do with my energy in that second one. During the blocking rehearsal, what I say, it was Greg Prange that was like, do you just want to whip those books at him? And I was like, yes, I do, I really do. Yeah, And so I was whipping those things across the room and there was one that did hit Chad and you know when you do something and you don't know what the reaction is going to be, and he loved it. He was just like, oh godness feels so real, like he was so game for it. But when we watched the episode, we were talking about how in that fight scene, Lucas goes in there and totally baits Peyton. Yes, she's calm, she's calm. He starts making wild accusations, and then when she finally loses her shit, I did this thing where I like covered my mouth and that was a total, like natural reaction to spitting all that venomount and he threw his hands up in the air and I think those that was like the only takes that we did, and it was like he couldn't handle her crazy. He'd driven her to the brink of crazy.
Speaker 3: He was like, oh, you're being irrational.
Speaker 2: Oh you've gone too far. God, he makes our nuts. He's the one that went down there, though, why do you come looking for it?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: That's it and what it reminds me of.
Speaker 5: And I guess the reason I say, like, you know, they wrote it. They wrote Lucas to be unable to tolerate anybody's reality but his own in this situation, and it really harkens back to some of that stuff that we all identified in like the beginning of high school, going oh shit. Now watching it back, you realize there's a narcissism under this person who when he's with Peyton, he goes and he provokes Brooke, and he checks in on Brook and he wants to hear how she's doing. When he's with Brook, he's always going to check on Peyton and provoking And.
Speaker 3: I like I saw that, and part of me likes that the writers brought it back because you.
Speaker 5: Go up, there's still a little bit of a child in there, just like there is with Nathan. He's throwing any carry around the pool, just like he did with Peyton. Yeah, like you see, we're twenty one, you see them in there.
Speaker 2: I don't even know that it's like clinical narcissism so much as just selfishness and scurious, like little boys that just don't grow up yet, like every little kid.
Speaker 5: I think Dan Scott is a clinical narcissist. I'm not sure, but you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's it's the tendency, it's the trait, and it is that thing of like most women, because of the way the world is for us, like we suck up not getting things the way we want to get them.
Speaker 3: We're not very used to getting our way? When do we ever? And when the boys don't get their way, they lose their fucking minds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they implode.
Speaker 5: And his immaturity and his is need to keep her on the hook and yet to blame her for it. I think the scene feels so beautiful because it feels so real.
Speaker 3: It feels so.
Speaker 5: Messy and human, and I love that Peyton gets to be like off you, like, not again.
Speaker 3: You've been doing this to me my whole life. And it's like it's so oh.
Speaker 5: It's like it's so indicating when she's whipping those books at him, because you're like, yeah, man, like he's got to realize what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you took this from me. I didn't take it from you. I was ready. I wanted to be there with you. I wanted to do it. I just needed to go slower man. That's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all dude, he left a dinner party with his girlfriend Ella to come and have that conversation with Payde.
Speaker 5: You're right, and even notice that and his girlfriend, who by the way, drives by go into their house and sees his car next to Peyton's car.
Speaker 3: Oof.
Speaker 4: And here's what I don't like. This pissed me off. When Lindsay got the dinner table, is all like, oh, Peyton showed up because she's got some weird territorial thing about Lucas.
Speaker 3: Bayden hasn't reached out to Lucas once once.
Speaker 4: Wow, Yeah, so what's he going home to tell her? Oh? Sorry I ran into Peyton.
Speaker 3: Sorry, she just needed something at the office.
Speaker 5: Yeah, god, barf barf is Wow, that's a really good point.
Speaker 2: Why were you in your underwear on that bed in her dream?
Speaker 3: It was his dream?
Speaker 4: It was his dream, Lucas's dream.
Speaker 2: Did you have a fight about that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did have a fight about it because they wanted me seated like like tits first they did, yeah right, and I was like, I'm actually gonna hide as much of my body as possible. Someone laid down and have real big hair, so all you see is feet popping it.
Speaker 2: It was very cute, I mean a Zari like pin up girl cute. But I just knowing everything, I was like, I wonder if she had a fight about that or if that was just.
Speaker 4: That blocking was for sure a fight. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It just seems so dumb, like you could have been wearing a short, little black slip and it would and would have had the same effect of just like looking sexy on a bed.
Speaker 4: I could have been fully clothed. You could have been fully in jeans.
Speaker 5: You could have been in the T shirt with the long sleeve, in the jeans and been like when he proposed to me. You could have been in the outfit from the proposal, could have.
Speaker 4: Been yeah instead tits up. But that was Tom right again. I could say to Tom Wright like I don't want to do it, and he'd be like, baby, just do it however you want.
Speaker 3: Well, here's what I am gonna say.
Speaker 5: If I can plunk us out of the like ick of always.
Speaker 3: Being asked to be in our underwear on our show.
Speaker 5: And just from like our adult perspectives acknowledged that you looked smoking fucking hot, I'm gonna do it. I was like, damn girl, because you're right, Joyce. She looked like a little pin up character.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I gotta give props for your.
Speaker 5: Hatty McCatty moment in this episode and for us getting spicy hotty McCatty, Joe Maganello so spicy. I got how spicy Owen is. With Brooke joy we were watching the episode and we both were like.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Like he's very forward.
Speaker 3: Whoa he threw the vibes and y'all, y'all both did really great.
Speaker 4: Why didn't we have bartenders that look like that in real life in Wilmington?
Speaker 5: I mean we did sort of, but if we if we flip it to Stephanie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was no There was no Owen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, there was no Owen.
Speaker 4: I like Owen because you know he's doing that kind of douchey guy move of like I don't know who you are, but like I really got the sense he had no I know, she was same, no idea.
Speaker 2: It was such a good move. Can you sign this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who do we make it out to a trick for thirty seven dollars? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was so good. It was so good.
Speaker 5: I also love him being behind the bar for all these interactions that Brooke is having with female fans of clothes over bros, girls who wear her clothes and him.
Speaker 3: Being like, I know how I'm gonna hit on that lady. I'm gonna with her.
Speaker 5: Like it's such alpha energy. It it was spicy.
Speaker 4: He's playing a long game. Yeah, I'm into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 4: They cast Joe. We all were just like he is tall.
Speaker 2: He was so large, yes, yeah, yeah, and him and Paul would like stand next to each other and it was amazing to see too, like Viking giants, gigantic.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I just loved knowing because that was all of our first interaction on camera, like the look on your face, Hillary, and the look on Lisa Goldstein's face, like y'all were not acting, No, it was Lisa.
Speaker 3: Did a little nose touch that she always.
Speaker 5: Used to do, and then it became Millicent's thing, but that was Lisa.
Speaker 4: All the time.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, everybody's blushing. This is great.
Speaker 4: Well, because he came in and he was so nice, like he was incredibly kind and was kind of nervous, had like a little bit of a nervous energy. And I remember me being nervous because he was so physically large, like yeah, And I said something really lame to him in the transpo van one day. I was just like, your bigness kind of creeps me out because I was trying to explain to him why I need Like I was like leaning back and I didn't mean it as like mean, I just meant like, you're really big and it is intimidating, and as a woman, I feel vulnerable around it, and I don't like the way this is feeling. And so rather than I was just trying to explain myself and I I really stepped in it, and he was just like, I'm sorry, Oh no, do apologize for being large.
Speaker 5: You're like, I'm just trying to tell you why I might be awkward around you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm the awkward one. Let me apologize.
Speaker 2: Let me explain how awkward I am. Give me ten minutes. Hold on, yeah, let me just give you a little dietripe.
Speaker 3: If I remember correctly, I think Joe is like six ' five or six six.
Speaker 2: He's a big, big, big, very tall, And.
Speaker 3: I remember only realizing.
Speaker 5: Like, obviously I knew he was a big dude because Brooke and Owen had a whole vibe.
Speaker 3: So I wound up spending a lot of.
Speaker 5: Time with him, but I only ever realized what it meant to be that tall. Ironically, one night I was out playing pool with Lee Norris and Joe and Jane Beck and a bunch of our friends from work after we'd wrapped the scene at trick and somebody dropped a beer bottle and I had sandals on, and Joe went joint and just grabbed me by the shoulders and picked me up and lifted me out of the glass.
Speaker 3: And I remember being in the air going, oh my god, this is how tall you are, Like, wow, you see the bot. Wow, the floor is so f always.
Speaker 5: From here, because he me right in front of his face and moved me over and it was like I was essentially like Jackson's size.
Speaker 3: I was like a child. He just picked me up and moved me and I was.
Speaker 5: Like, whoa you you see like the floor is so far from your face.
Speaker 3: It's not that far from my face. I've never known what that is like. And we just died laughing.
Speaker 2: I love that instinct strong men using their powers for good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really nice.
Speaker 4: I remember getting in the van with them one day and being like, hey, man, what did you do last night? And he was like, yeah, I went on a ghost tour by myself, and it was like he had said the magic words. I was like, who are you going?
Speaker 3: We're going to be friends now. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He did a movie with my husband right when I gave birth to George, and so I was still like, yeah, I literally had given birth to a baby, like four weeks before, and I'm on a red carpet with like eight pairs of spanks on, and I look up and I see handsome Joe and I'm like, of course you're here. It's still awkward, Joe. What do I am? How you doing?
Speaker 3: Give me a hug, but not too hard, don't freak me out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, God, you're just yeah. No, he's lovely.
Speaker 3: He's so lovely.
Speaker 4: How long does he stick around? Is he around?
Speaker 2: He's here for a while, he's back in a season eight nine.
Speaker 4: He came back.
Speaker 5: I think we have him in five and six if I'm not mistaken. And then we lost him for a while because he got that big part.
Speaker 3: On True Blood.
Speaker 4: He got famous.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah he got real famous. Did he to wait?
Speaker 2: I don't think he'd got True Blood until later.
Speaker 4: It was while I was still on the show, because I remember being like, you dumbasses lost him. You lost him to the were wolves?
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, Okay, my timeline's all mixed up. I just remember him working out incessantly for this part and to play this were wolf. And I don't even remember if it was an auditionary. I I think maybe he did have the part, but he was training for it, and he came in and he was sick. One day, he had a cold and he was like, clearly very sick. He was like, yeah, I got to go to the gym after this. It's like, dude, why don't you just go home and sleep? Like you're sick your body needs to heal. He's like, what did he say. It's like, sickness is a figment of your imagination and it's like your body, like your subconscious knows that you're that you want to stop because it's hurt so much to train, So it's manifesting a sickness to make you stop and you have to push through it. I have never forgotten that. And there are days when I don't want to work out and I'm like, am I pretending to be sick? Because that's what Joe Mango said?
Speaker 3: Honestly incredible.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm real into it. And I like that we get to see Brooky flirty but not prioritize it, like she's like, yeah, that was fun. I'm gonna go hold of you guys. Yeah right.
Speaker 3: I also love I just love the dynamic.
Speaker 5: The friendship dynamics feel so strong, like you teasing me about dating and then Millicent coming in and you know, saying there's one special.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can be fired, you know that. And I tackled.
Speaker 5: When Peyton said yeah, but then she'd just come work for me and you'd still be paying her.
Speaker 3: I was like, that is just so funny, and like, I love when.
Speaker 5: We get to see us all being together as women and the energy is up and everybody's having a good time, and you're right, we're not prioritizing these dudes. And I think maybe that's what makes that contrast when Peyton gets ambushed by Lucas again by the way, ambushed, just like you fucking ambush her with that engagement ring girl comes and ambushes her in her office.
Speaker 2: In Brooks party, ruining, ruining her night.
Speaker 3: Every single time you can do better? Whoaf so annoying?
Speaker 4: God? I just had fun with my friends. I just got Mia to agree to finally like write this record.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The mogul was so cute in this episode. What a sweet little lamb.
Speaker 5: Oh God, that speech that she delivered about if I can just make you know a listener's experience better for five minutes.
Speaker 3: That whole thing. She did that so beautifully, And as I was watching that scene. I was like, God, I forget that. This was like Kate's first acting.
Speaker 5: Job was our show, and she just is so honest and present and.
Speaker 3: It was really beautiful that scene between the two of you.
Speaker 4: And it like that scene makes sense where she's like, I don't need the money, I don't need the fame. I just want to write a song that makes someone's day okay for five minutes when they're real low. And the whole time she's giving that speech, all I can think about is that heart song, bar A Kuda, Because if I'm having a bad day and Bara, it comes on of like those bitches nailed it, nailed it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's my five minutes of magic.
Speaker 2: And and Nancy really came through for you.
Speaker 4: They sure did. No. I like that sentiment.
Speaker 2: So sidebar the passenger train that exists in tree Hill. Apparently Quentin reading his book on the train.
Speaker 4: Is he on the subway?
Speaker 2: He's on a subway?
Speaker 3: He said the train.
Speaker 2: Never ever seen a train in tree Hill, and never since I don't believe.
Speaker 4: No, no, there's no public transportation.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a bus. It was a terrain.
Speaker 4: Literally, the only public transportation that exists in Wilmington. Is the trolley.
Speaker 2: Yes, that would have been hilarious though, Quentin on the trolley ding ding.
Speaker 3: Or those carriages, I mean I would have been into it.
Speaker 5: I also hats off to Robbie because I loved the way he came into your dinner party, as random as it was, yeah, and said I'm going to do this and essentially make amends with his teacher and his coach, and then by the door he's just a dick to Nathan, and I'm like, God, this kid, because just when you think you're getting him, he doesn't let you have the payoff.
Speaker 3: And as frustrating.
Speaker 5: As it is because I'm like, just let these people help you, it also feels.
Speaker 3: So great that he just doesn't.
Speaker 5: He doesn't have a reason to trust them yet, and he's not going to give it up too soon.
Speaker 3: It's nice.
Speaker 4: Well, Nathan's comeback was perfect. He's like, he's like, when I'm back on the team, I'm going to crush your scoring title and I'm going to erase you. And Nathan's like, yeah, yeah, I would have said the same thing anyway later, dude, hope you do.
Speaker 5: It was cool to me that what seemed at least as if Vie were to have cracked that facade for Quentin was Nathan being honest with him. And when Quentin gets in his face asking where his team is and you know, essentially telling Nathan he's a washed up athlete, James made this choice to be really quiet and still and just say, yeah, I have a team. My uniform is regret mistakes. And he just was like, join my shitty.
Speaker 3: Team if you want it.
Speaker 5: My wife and my brother they're giving you a chance. Like that was all in the subtext of his performance, and it was so effective and it was nice to see that that got to him. And then that Robbie made the choice to try to kind of come back and act invulnerable with him, that for me made it feel clearer that he really was feeling vulnerable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody's being so provocative in this episode. Maybe that's like there's so many fights being picked yea.
Speaker 6: Even Mouth's boss. Yeah, my god, we have to talk about that. But yeah, we've got Robbie Hook and Nathan in the chest. We've got Peyton Poke and Lindsay in the chest, Lucas Pok and Peyton, Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Then Victoria Pok and Brook Carry poking Haley.
Speaker 5: It's like the whole episode has been turned up to a boil. You know when like a pot is on the stove and the lid is rattling. Like this whole episode feels like a rattling lid.
Speaker 2: That's a great analogy for this episode. Actually, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, out pops naked Nanny Carey at the end, full boil, full boil.
Speaker 2: I mean it was so uncomfortable watching her put those pants on. I couldn't eat. I really actually couldn't watch it. No, dude, on what planet is this guy?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 2: Like she's got to go?
Speaker 4: Dude, James's face in the scene where you're having your nightmare and you walk in and here and carry her.
Speaker 2: Making out, he looked really happy to be making out for real.
Speaker 5: By the way his face in this whole episode when she's putting his pants on, when he turns to you and they're making out, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, yeah, like is he acting? What's going on?
Speaker 3: What's going on with baby j over there?
Speaker 4: Like no chill.
Speaker 2: He really looks like cough. You was so happy to have somebody else to make out with. That's why kissing me for like four years.
Speaker 4: Joy. I think he legitimately was worried you were gonna be mad. Do you know what I mean? Like, you know, no, you know when you have an acting partner for so so long that when there's a shift in the dynamic, it's a little Yeah, it's an unconscious loyalty, but but also it shakes the dynamic. And I could feel James being like, hey, this isn't gonna change anything between us, right, Like we're still cool, right are we? Okay, we got a kid, Come on, baby, we could work through this. Oh oh my god, it's so uncomfortable. Okay, so the mouth boss stuff. Yeah, yeah, guys. I I'm struggling with this storyline so much because it's like literally the fight that I had with our boss in season four, and then it gets put on camera and it's like.
Speaker 2: As a woman, well yeah, it's like a way to get.
Speaker 4: Out in front of it in a way where then if it's like, oh, Hillary tells the story, she's just taking that from the narrative of the show, like, yeah, whoa getting out in front of something is a skill.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And to make the woman the villain to write a storyline with things you have said to your employees, Oh what.
Speaker 3: You're not into me? Well, maybe you're not long. Maybe you're not going to be long on this show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe you're not good for on camera.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to flip it and make it a woman, Yeah, that's really intentional. It's not that women can't do that. I mean, there are they are totally true. Doesn't matter which sex you are, like, you can be you can treat people badly. But the fact that it was specifically taken from that personal situation and then twisted and put into the mouth of a woman on purpose, Yeah, because he was trying to dig that's so gross and.
Speaker 4: Well, look, I mean the narrative in the show is that the group of co workers have all gotten together and been like, there's a problem here and that person is toxic and someone needs to stand up to them, and the one that does is secretly hot for her, yeah you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the one that does in public gets fired.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: It feels so yucky. And you know what, that might just be me reading into it. I am grown up enough to be like, I'm sensitive to the meta of it all. It could just be a big old kowinkadink.
Speaker 2: That's very big of you. I doubt that it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I co signed what Joyce said.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that about you. Hillary.
Speaker 4: I oh god, every line and every well, well just pisses me. Right.
Speaker 2: I hate it now too, I hate it.
Speaker 3: I hate it.
Speaker 4: Like three different characters in this episode.
Speaker 2: Are all like, wo well, well, barf, it's not enough just for Chris call to have that line.
Speaker 4: No, now, Dan Scott is talking like the kids.
Speaker 3: I gotta be honest.
Speaker 5: The only person that I don't hate saying it is Chris Keller because Tyler's just delicious.
Speaker 4: And he's supposed to be a douche.
Speaker 5: When the rest of us had to say it, I was like, oh, now you're just getting greedy.
Speaker 3: Now you're just being gross and like pissing on trees. Stop it.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully Mouth stops dating his boss, because I'm tired of that whole storyline. And I'm super excited that Millie thinks that mouth it's really cat and I can't wait to see that develop more.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, the Hawkeye from the opening and then the Duck, I's funny, so cutie.
Speaker 4: She's so immediately likable, like right away, it just feels like she's part of the pack. And yeah, that's a cool vibe. She sure did a good job.
Speaker 3: She just adds such.
Speaker 5: Lovely energy to our show. And Lisa has such amazing comedic timing every little thing she does, the way she drops behind the counter, or the way when Daphne walks in she goes, I'll be in the back.
Speaker 3: Like. She just has all these.
Speaker 5: Little things that really jump off the page, and it's like such a testament to who she is as an actor, and it feels so exciting to think about where her character goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she kind of functions on pure instinct, it seems like, which is really refreshing. There's no I'm sure she rehearses and does her own process, but I love that on set it feels like whenever she's delivering a line, she's just in the moment and fully reacting with exactly whatever she's actually feeling. It's fun to work with.
Speaker 5: It's so cool, and it's just exciting when I think about all the years of material we got to do together and where even for Millicent and Brooke, where zero is not a size winds up you know, it's a big It's like a big arc that we're endeavoring on, and it was cool to see. I really didn't know that that was happening in this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can I when you and Victoria were at lunch having that conversation. These are the kinds of things that I think about that drive me crazy that sometimes I just have to let go. Does it bother either of you that they're clearly done with their lunch or like, well into their lunch and now they're having the relevant conversation, like how did they get through? How did they get through arriving at the restaurant, sitting down, ordering and eating half their meal before the major conversation came up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, prop food has always confounded me.
Speaker 3: Prop food is hard.
Speaker 4: I remember hearing that, like Brad Pitt always ate an apple in everything because he like loves prop food, Like he's always eating something and scenes and ever being so irritated with that. I hate prop eating prop eating.
Speaker 3: It's terrible.
Speaker 2: I just don't get why they, Like why couldn't they have been arriving at the restaurant and have the meal? Like why this is the kinds of things to drive me crazy, come and sit down and I'm like, why is there a half eat and plate of food in front? I mean, this would have been the first thing that I had to say to her, So how did we but audiences maybe nobody notices that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Well, but I would also say that Victoria is like such a business person. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a lot of like ticking of things and then it's like, Okay, we've done all the work.
Speaker 2: Now I have to talk to you by the way. Yeah, okay, fair enough, good, thank you. That's how that would have gone on set. I would have been like, this doesn't make any sense, and Sophia would go, oh, actually we could have done it this way, and I would say, oh, okay.
Speaker 5: I feel like that would be it, because yeah, it would have been interesting if you know, you'd seen them get out of the car and be like, okay, we really need to whatever and then get seated and get interrupted.
Speaker 3: But we just don't have the luxury in forty two minutes.
Speaker 2: Nope, I am.
Speaker 3: It's funny now.
Speaker 5: Thinking about that storyline and thinking about you know, Brooke kind of taking agency with resetting the Macy's meeting and saying like, I do have a mind for business.
Speaker 3: I can do this.
Speaker 5: I have good ideas. God, it's really wild to remember how many people loved zero is not a size.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And also the people who got really mad about it.
Speaker 4: Really, people got mad about it.
Speaker 3: People got mad about it.
Speaker 5: People were like, it's just the reverse of fat shaming, like to make fun of skinny girls and to and I was like, that's not it. Also, please go on the internet and do a little bit of research that a size zero didn't exist until like the mid to late sixties.
Speaker 2: Like really, I thought it was going to be like eighties.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I think truly apparently if I'm remembering correctly, because I looked this up then to make sure I knew what I was talking about when I got asked about it. So if my math is a little off or my memory is a little off, feel free to let us know, but please do it kindly. I believe that it all kind of came to be because of that model Twiggy, that like super super skinny girl who essentially didn't fit into things. But you know, the notion, and the thing that really stuck with me was reading a report from a psychologist who specializes in disordered eating, who said the idea that we could tell people that to be nothing is the ultimate attainment, Like if you had sizes like one, three, five, seven, nine, which happened, you know in some countries, and or you start at two four six and you go up to you know, twenty two or whatever. Wherever we go, people have something to them. But like what it does subconsciously to say to someone, well, the smallest you can be, which society tells women is the best they can be, is nothing. And then in the nineties you had I don't know if Abercrombie did. At first, I think they did, but again.
Speaker 4: I could be wrong. With double zero man, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when they introduced a double zero and like and that they correlated that with eating disorders on all of these things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, we got to talk about this. It's weird, Like we don't do this to men. I don't know men have a size zero. It's just women, you know. And I was really proud.
Speaker 5: Of us for having that conversation and really excited about it, you know. I thought that it was really important. And I don't know, I guess I'm curious as we get back into it on the pod, I'm curious to hear what our listeners think as they rewatch these episodes with us.
Speaker 4: I mean, hopefully it feels like a no brainer.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: The fact that it was like kind of shocking back then to make this declaration, and hopefully now it's just like well yeah, nah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously, yeah we like a dull.
Speaker 4: Is that Okay? So I already gave my honorable mention of the penis were shak But what are your honorable mentions for.
Speaker 2: The Peyton's Lightning T shirt at the beginning? If we're giving honorable mentions to clothing items.
Speaker 3: I have two.
Speaker 5: I would say the actors. I would say the actress who played Mollie for your beginning swinging that like seeing you go back to your childhood home and seeing your bedroom in the shelves with this new paint and this new person. It made me really nostalgic. I cried through that whole scene. It really hit me. And the other honorable mention is that vintage coral colored telephone chair that Mia is sitting on in that scene and trick, because that is the chair that I girl literally shoved in the.
Speaker 3: Back of my station wagon for you when our show wrapped.
Speaker 5: Oh my got get out When like when all the stages were getting cleaned out, the front legs are broken, there's like split fabric, and I was like, I'll have it repaired.
Speaker 3: I don't care. I'm taking this for Hillary. So I have I have that.
Speaker 5: And by the way, all of this is still in storage because right after we wrapped and moved to Chicago, so like, I really got to go through my storage unit. I have the red fringe lamp from Trick from the OGVS. Trick was so fun, I know, and I have that telephone chair, and I was like, I'm taking these for her, and if I get in trouble, I don't give.
Speaker 3: A shit, and so so good to see that. I'm like, oh, I got that. I haven't wrapped in plastic in a storage unit in the valley.
Speaker 4: I'm going to get an RV in the valley, load up, make my way back cross country. When you said that was the chair, I was like, that's the chair. That one.
Speaker 3: No, she like joy, she like fell out of her chair.
Speaker 4: I loved that set so so great.
Speaker 3: It was the best set.
Speaker 4: When we would wrap work, I would stay after work with Mike Rail and that Fan and Polar Bear and a bunch of the other dudes and we would have band practice for like two hours after work and just drink beers and hang out.
Speaker 3: I love drinking beers. On the drink set.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I loved it. Like a cool bar, a very own, private, little cool bar.
Speaker 4: You guys, we have a fan question.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh what is it from Wendy? As far as careers go, if your lives had turned out exactly as you had pictured they would as teenagers, what would it look like now?
Speaker 4: M I mean as a teenager?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always just wanted to be on Broadway. I would just be living in New York with a family and being on Broadway, and that's all I would be doing.
Speaker 4: I really thought I was going to work for the government. Uh. Real, Glad that didn't pan out. Guys, Like I went to college for forensic psychology and like criminology and stuff, and I just remember them handing me this big binder for the autopsy photos and I was like, Okay, this is my homework, like this is what I have to study this year, and realizing how unsuited I am because I get so emotionally attached to things that it was not a line of work that I was going to be able to do long term, but that I wanted to be able to support maybe later, which is like what I'm doing right now. But I for real thought I was going to be Clarice from Silence of.
Speaker 2: The Lambs, yeah, minus the kidnapping.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, just an old country bumpkin solving crimbs.
Speaker 3: I mean you kind of do that now with your show.
Speaker 4: By the way, it's a yeah, it's a different entry point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you figure it out right, Like.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I I guess it would depend on what teenage year, because there was.
Speaker 3: Still a point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like in my early teens, I still thought I was going to be a heart surgeon, like I was going to medical school, dude. And then suddenly and I had this arts requirement that I thought was such a pain the ass. I was like, what do you mean I have to do play stupid so maddom.
Speaker 3: And then I did it and was like, oh it's weird.
Speaker 5: It's like literally my favorite subject in school comes off the page into life. My parents were so thrilled when.
Speaker 4: I talked about I was gonna say, what did your parents say? Oh that's great, babe.
Speaker 3: Theater school here we are now I'm just doing eight shows a week on the West End.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's so awesome.
Speaker 3: So crazy, all.
Speaker 4: Right, do we want to spin a wheel? I like, where this season's going to really wild places. I'm into all of it. I'm happy with. I'm happy with this season so far.
Speaker 2: What oh, most likely too.
Speaker 4: Be a secret super here?
Speaker 2: We have a question mark?
Speaker 4: Okay, characters most likely to be a secret superhero who's got like an underground layer.
Speaker 2: Who's making those choices?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think it would be Nathan Scott, Like he's the Bruce Wayne of Tree Hills, Like he doesn't have any powers, but he's got money, and we've seen him in a Batman suit, like you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, his dad's a bad guy. So it's like, yeah, origin story is all there.
Speaker 3: What do you I mean, what do you think it's gonna say?
Speaker 2: Maybe like a one of the River Court boys, maybe Colin I mean Junk or somebody somebody who we don't know enough about.
Speaker 4: We give boys too much credit. I needed to girl great, like, who's unsuspected? Bevin pulled that out of her hat. She's like, this is a conifer that's with the trees.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I could totally see that mm hmm saving people's lives and then just being like, please don't tell anyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god, you guys it was nothing.
Speaker 2: Okay, bab Yeah, yeah, it's totally bevn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, and then who in real life is a secret superhero?
Speaker 2: Barbara?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could see Barb thwarting some shit like seeing somebody steal an old lady's purse on the sidewalk and just get right in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: She's the right amount of graceful and aggressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would say like any of our moms, like Daphnee, Barbara Moira, Yeah, I like that, you know, Cheryl, they all take no prisoners.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're like the miss is incredible come to life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where's that show? I got a bunch of moms that are just like, we'll fix this.
Speaker 2: Actual superheroes. That's actually kind of great. Yeah, like soccer moms by day superheroes, Paine happen in to it.
Speaker 4: What do we got next week?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 5: Next week we've got season five, episode seven in the club, bro.
Speaker 2: That's not what it says, Sophia, What does it say?
Speaker 3: I cannot, I shan't do it?
Speaker 4: Do it?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to hear any of us go me into club like.
Speaker 2: No dog club Dog Club.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I hope it's happy. I'm really scared of what is going.
Speaker 3: To be happening. With Nanny Carey in the next episode. You, guys, we're only seven episodes into the season and she's naked in the pool.
Speaker 5: Blessed Tory for committing so hard and doing it so beautifully.
Speaker 2: We'll have to have her on to talk about it soon, I can't. Thanks for joining us, guys. That's fun all right, even though the episode is weir Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to leave us a review.
Speaker 5: You can also follow us on Instagram, them at Drama Queens O t H.
Speaker 4: Or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com. See you next time.
Speaker 1: We all about that high school drama Girl Drama Girl, all about them.
Speaker 2: High school queens.
Speaker 3: We'll take you for a ride and our comic.
Speaker 2: Girl cheering for the right teams Drama Queenslease my girl, rough girl.
Speaker 3: Fashion, but your tough girl.
Speaker 4: You could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl Drama Queens, Drama Queens, Drama Queens, Drama Drama Queens, Drama Queens