Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of The Walk Trend. The Walk Trend. I went and saw live music last night from the band The Walk Men, and I am sleep deprive. Did not get my full twelve hours of sleep, and I don't know, weird things are coming out of my mouth. Sh it is having to be edited out of episode.
Speaker 2: What are you? What do you? What do you swatting that? Right now?
Speaker 1: Those bugs they're kind of silvery and then they like kind of blink like Christmas tree lights.
Speaker 2: Every once in a while, every time I close my eyes they show up.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh my god, man, there was there was a guy standing right in my right ear and he was singing at the top of his lung off every song. He knew the words. So you're a big fan, uh, and just going over and over. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 1: It's just like all right, man, I'm gonna move like this is has been plenty. Like when I look when I tried to look at him to give him, yo, this is this is how one should act. He just dapped me up and was like, right, brother, gets it.
Speaker 2: He's shoving you every time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he thinks he's stealing him. Oh ship, bro, they're doing the Rat. Come on, bro, Yeah, the rat was so good. No, man, the rat was so good.
Speaker 2: Wait till Angela Surf City. Bro, I'm ripping my shirt off.
Speaker 1: Also really good that drummer man, w uh that when when the when the drums hit on Angela Surf City. I did have to uh say, that's.
Speaker 2: It, dude. There is something that's so amazing though, somebody getting that genuine kick out of just being like, here we are.
Speaker 1: But at a certain point it starts to feel like he felt like he had to keep it there, you know, like it started feeling disingenuous. H shit, Like He's just like, yeah, I got to keep these vibes up.
Speaker 2: Also, I got nowhere to go at this point because I started at ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. Oh man, he was so happy. Anyways, a great show. Great to see those guys back together again. All right, should we talk about the I'm jack that's mild.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What if people sat through that whole thing and didn't know who we are?
Speaker 2: Just like, it's what I think. I honestly I need that prompt to like bring my brain in line. Yeah. Yeah for me, who are you?
Speaker 1: Who are you? Who are I.
Speaker 2: Didn't have my twelve hours last night.
Speaker 1: Oh no, yeah, it is wild how how much I got the full fit baby, yeah, it is more than how much sleep I need. I mean I got. I think I got like five hours last night. And it is not like not like when I was It feels like when I was younger and pulled an all nighter, is what it feels like.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, yeah, yeah, Well, you have these trends to keep you, keep your keep me happy.
Speaker 1: Keep you focused because important things are happening, like, uh, for instance, this thing that is not going to happen, Donald Trump being the new house speaker. Yeah, I think people have been calling me about speaker.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, have they? Did you see the thing where he was like shouting at that fucking ice cream shop too? No, dude, he's been all over the place. He was at an ice cream store and he was just like just strick, ranting about ship. It like and it's my because people were like, this is literally a Wendy's because it had the feeling like he was just screaming about his like legal troubles in a fast food restaurant. But yeah, he's ranting and raving. He's thinking he could be that. He's like like you said he's not gonna be the fucking speaker. This is just everybody paying lip service because McCarthy's fucking out, which we we we make amends for on tomorrow's episode. We know we maybe sent a lot of people in the wrong direction when we said that the first motion failed to out.
Speaker 1: Live big time. Yeah, yeah, I wonder how many people just went out there full confidence, chess ye out exactly. He didn't get out. He's in. I just heard a news update from five hours ago. That's right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's changed. But yeah, uh, And we talk about this sort of weird like fantasy from Mago world that Trump could enter the Capitol this time as the Speaker of the House.
Speaker 1: It's nothing to gain, everything to lose, so good sounds like a good deal. We should we should see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll try it out. And also, it's, like many people have pointed on the internet, it's a fucking job that he'd have to like show up to. Yeah, so that's not happening. He couldn't even be he couldn't even be president, So good luck doing like the they call the procedural shit. It'd be a mess. I don't even know what we're talking about. It because it ain't happening.
Speaker 1: That's not happening. But it does seem like Trump is too. Trump is a speaker. Yeah, great, I hope. So that would be great for you know, it'd be fun for him, for everybody, and it would probably hurt his chances of being the next president because he'd like, I don't know, he seems stretched thin, seems like he's got a lot going on at the moment. His hair, Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Stretched thin.
Speaker 1: That that video or that picture you showed me, It is the back the back of his head. Yeah, with Darth Vad Darth Vader, No, there's like, man, what must his skull look like? And I don't think it's good. He really just seems like he's, you know, like he in addition to things going worse and worse for him in all objective by all objective measures, it also feels like he is feeling himself more and more right, Like with each clip I see of him, he's just like, we're gonna go off prompter on this already off prompter riff and start talking about sharks and electrocution, in which one would be would hurt worse. Like he's just totally yeah, riding the roller coaster of his own brain chemicals, which uh yeah, you know I think are heavily engineered.
Speaker 2: At this point, apparently he was like you know, going on like exasperated like size and shit during the court trial. Yeah so, I mean it's who knows, who knows where this ends up. I just I just wanted to be his worst nightmare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please, We'll say might be like anything evolving, turmoil is like the mainstream media is like now they got him, and he just gets more comfortable. He just like luxuriates in turmoil. So I don't know, like he just seems like an unkillable uh slasher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michael Myers, Yeah, yeah, well we'll see.
Speaker 1: Let's get stronger, kiser, permanente. Hey, union workers are on strike, mounting the largest US healthcare walkout on record. So the you know, the labor strength, the labor movement continues on.
Speaker 2: He marching on labor fall. We were hot labor summer. Now it's hot labor fall, hot labor winter, hot labor spring, and we'll do it all over again.
Speaker 1: I love hot labor. It good workout.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah. Pretended to give birth in a ninety degree gym ninety room.
Speaker 1: It smells like feet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is like an interesting one, you know, obviously because this is the largest ever. But I want to point something out. Last week, there was a bill potential that got all the way to the governor's desk in California where I mentioned that California was on the precipice of signing a law that would extend unemployment benefits to striking workers. Guess what Gavin dick face Newsom did. Vetoed this shit?
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like shining behind like a wage hike for fast food to be like, yeah, dude, I'm doing it all. And yeah, so he's definitely putting down his like big de establishment credentials there. He's like, yeah, dude, off, I don't give a fuck. I knew I could have turned it up for labor right there. But you know what he did, like this whole thing like we can't we can't go into devisits right now. I thought we had surtpluses, my man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it. Uh. I think he'd be a really bad next president if I had to guess he'd be.
Speaker 2: I mean, he he's just he's a he's like a media creature, so he knows how to work the camera. That's the one thing that I could see working in his benefit. But I think it's just because he looks like Kirkland signature Patrick Bateman, Like, I don't think it's I don't know, bro, that ain't it.
Speaker 1: He's like the a Rod of politics to me, like just very camera aware, very polished. And also did somebody steroids so many steroids that things are him from the internet of him taking your ship. Yeah, we've all been there. The McRib is returning to McDonald's and I feel lied to. I thought I thought we had a farewell tour last year. I did.
Speaker 2: We believed them, Jack. I.
Speaker 1: I've been talking to you offline about how I'm not liquid because I invested so much in McRib farewell tour merchandise. You know it's this is I I'm fucked, Yeah right, most of my savings are in micrib farewell tour soda cups.
Speaker 2: I am upside down on this McRib shit. Man, I'm not gonna lie. Uh. I don't know how to tell my kids what Christmas is gonna look like. I can. I also say that the People magazine story about this, like People Magazine is the one of the worst websites i've ever seen. Look at the framing, like the frames on here.
Speaker 1: What the fuck is a cluster fuck of miles?
Speaker 2: I think, I think broken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their ads are broken, but this is wild, is like, and then they have a micrib ad inside of like the thing that it's like, Yeah, the internet is like so badly broken. It's a great example, is very very sick and dying. And we're just like, yeah, no, this is just how websites work now, is there's just ads breaking through into the articles and they say Van Vaught instead Events Vaughn. But we know who they're talking about, Tom Haynes. Yeah, we watched the uncle bus thing, the AI generated trailer, as with most AI.
Speaker 2: Freelance fiends who sent that to me on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the thing that I was picturing in my mind when people were like, yeah they did an AI trailer was far superior to what it actually was. The AI trailer.
Speaker 2: Stunk.
Speaker 1: It's not good, stinky, stinky totally. They didn't even so like they had a voiceover from from AI Tom, but it didn't really sound like Tom Hanks and it was was not in the style of a trailer voiceover in any fashion. No, it was just like a thing being said to your uncle, I am bus.
Speaker 2: You must do you must write Race against Devil for keep everyone from being bus.
Speaker 1: And then the big moment where they like showed the movie poster, which feels like the thing that you should be able to entrust to AI. It's like, okay, they're fairly finite number of these movie posters, Like we know what the title is, we know what the content is. You're gonna nail this, it said tom Hayne. Yeah, t o A m h A n e.
Speaker 2: It's Marissa tom Hayne. We love her. My cousin AI.
Speaker 1: Sucks a sock sucks. You see a fucking idiot.
Speaker 2: How Facebook Messenger was doing AI generated stickers you can use no, dude, It's so fuck It fucked up immediately because like you could they were testing it out, like some people who have Facebook Messenger could like use a generator where you could be like hey, man, like you can like invent your own sticker. And people were just doing shit like child Soldier and it would make like a child Soldier meme or like uh, like Karl Marx with huge boobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like it would just make these That one's actually pretty good. I've tried that one.
Speaker 2: Those are pretty good. Those are pretty good. But yeah, it is like one of those things where again it's like, yeah, it can do it. It can do anything. You're forgetting that it can do anything, So including just the most upsetting shit like Ted Cruz as like a Penis character. You know, there's just too much. It's too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Karl Marx is like a Penis character, or like, I don't know, Charlie Brown is a Penis character. All right, Uh, let's take a quick break. We'll come back, and we looked at what National Fat Bear Week is, so you don't have to if you've been seeing these headlines and they made you tired like they made me. We clicked through on the headline and it's dumb. You don't have to know, but we'll tell you. Anyways, we'll be right back and we're back.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Have you had you seen a headline or two about National Fat Air Week?
Speaker 2: No, I've never fucking heard. When you brought it up, like moments ago, when we're figuring out what to talk about, I was like, what the fuck are you even saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, superroducer justin assured me that this was not just something that was happening because I have a brain bleed from rocking too hard, from rock and way too hard. Brother, those drums come in. But it's a it's a thing I've seen on We have this little Alexa in our kitchen and it has a screen on it and so like I'll see headlines. It's like gott in a perpetual USA Today head line machine in our kitchen. And so I saw it there and then like as we were looking at like what is trending, I kept seeing National Fat Bear Week. Yeah, and you know, it made me want to be dead a little bit. It made me want to go on a like not a shooting spree, but like a pushing spree where I just like walking in the street push some people over.
Speaker 2: Like some uber eats robot real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, that that's what That's what I want. They need to just create the robots so we can push them over. So I dug in miles uh huh and did the hard work for the people so they don't have to. I found an article.
Speaker 2: Gpt what it was.
Speaker 1: I found an article. I asked Google. I went Old Fashion and just googled National Fat Bear Week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it floated to the top results that earned them money so they can have an unclosable profit loop. Yes I was, Yeah, Robert Evans tweeted to think about how like, oh, there were so many of the results specially it relates to shoppings, just like, yeah, we float the ones that people pay us for to the top, and then oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Google ads is massive, massive, mate. Uh. The sort of thing that not too long ago, like if you found out that the service that you paid to like recommend things to you like objectively was actually like taking money and lying to you about what the best thing was would be like a ding in the negative category. But now we're just like too busy. We're just too busy to worry about that shit. So instead we just need to be on to the next thing and find out what National Fat Bear Week is.
Speaker 2: So what it's like, It's like a national park in Alaska has a ton of these bears, and you vote for like who the hottest bear is?
Speaker 1: Fat? Yeah, the fattest hot fat bear and it's been r article says, chunky and they know it, voting on arts and Fat Bear Week. The article then specifically mentions they don't know it. The bears are not aware that they're being photographed, you fucking idiots at MPR.
Speaker 2: It's actually don't know it.
Speaker 1: They don't know it.
Speaker 2: They're just hearing for hibernation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just want to survive the fucking winter. The article. Also, I think the quality of like writing on the Internet has been going down for a while. But like now I'm always like half wondering if it's AI because like it opens. It's like voting is now officially open in the twenty twenty three Fat Bear Week competition, celebrating the ability of brown bears to pack on wait for their hibernation cycle in Alaska. To do that, they must gobble tons of fish m dash and luckily they live near a thriving sakeye salmon run. It's like it switches to this, like who, what the fuck are you talking about? Like is it all bears? No, it's the small Like they don't make it clear they're talking about a small group of bears, you know, expect.
Speaker 2: No, I don't, but we know the name name them.
Speaker 1: Bill Chapel, Bill Chappelle, Chris Gpt exactly. But anyways, I don't know, I don't. It's that's what it is. It's like in a specific Park. They've like created this little thing where they keep track of these certain like sixteen something bears, and then you track how well they've stocked up for winter, and people vote on who the fattest bear is. It seems like a thing that could be objective.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's probably taking off now because like I think all all of us are like in some phase of life or be like yeah, I'd like to just fucking disappear in a cave and then like wake me up in a couple of months, Yeah, to see where we're at. That's like I feel like it's like a hybrid, like I see the Hibernation.
Speaker 1: Fantasy Hibernation, Yeah exactly. And she was telling the lady Gog doesn't have to pay the person who.
Speaker 2: Stole her dogs, right, so this is the so the lady so lady, remember Lady Gog had the dog stolen. Then like the dog walker got like shot right, yes, yeah, and then didn't like Lady Gog got not paid for, Like wasn't it like a thing where it's like I'm not paying for the medical bills are barely did but then someone had the bulldogs? Yeah, return them? Is like all right, where's my fucking half million dollar reward. But then she was in on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was in on it. The person, the person who had the bulldogs right, returned them.
Speaker 2: All right, where's my reward?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh where'd I get him from? The homie that fucking stole them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, money with him.
Speaker 2: So fun criminals.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, it's like usually those reward things say like no questions asked. Yeah, sounds like some questions are being asked, Lady Gaga. Yeah, it sounds like you're asking a lot of questions. And this person put in some hard work too, yeh know. It's it's it's not.
Speaker 2: The judge said you can't claim the war because quote, you have unclean hands that prevent you from profiting from your actions.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's that's that's gutsy though, to be in on like a dog napping thing for the for the reward and have it be so sloppy that it's tied back to you, and then you still bother to be like, oh, I'm suing to enforce this.
Speaker 1: Right, But then in future dog napping situations, will they even return the dog? Is my question. I guess they won't do the dog napping because they're saying that I don't.
Speaker 2: Have I don't have five hundred thousand dollars lying around to fucking even you know, bring anything back. So I don't know. I just I can't relate, but I get it. I love my dog and I would offer at least five hundred dollars in Kohle's cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this story feels like one of those stories that would get boarded around by your q Andon relatives being like, you see how people are trying to make money now these days they expect a free handout. You know, that's a style of email. They just do schemes like this. A few book like that was being posted by people who want to prove like the whole place going to hell in a handbasket like yeah, hell and Hamburger. Anyways, Hell and a hamburger is my favorite combo at McDonald's until the rip comes.
Speaker 2: Back, I know. And I just called your nurse, so they're going to wheel you back to your room. But you didn't miss putting. You didn't miss putting. There's putting.
Speaker 1: I do love putting, all right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, October fourth. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, yes, be kind to yourself yes, get the vaccine. Yes, don't do nothing about white supremacy real and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye bye ga God