Speaker 1: It's nine oh gene one engine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: Hi be new Year. It's new Year on nine oh two one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's nineteen ninety six. You guys.
Speaker 2: But they really, they really like accentuated.
Speaker 1: This is such an exciting episode we have to talk about. But first I want to show you something. Amy. Have we talked about. I think we've talked about the Tom's Guide. Oh my god, we just talked about it. Okay, it wasn't like it was like a week or two ago in the back of my mom's car. Stop it.
Speaker 2: No. First of all, I love that it says Carol and g so she knows it's hers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she doesn't want anybody to steal this. And then it's.
Speaker 2: Born in two thousand, two thousand, you know, it would be weird. I wonder, like, in twenty twenty five, how many things have changed.
Speaker 1: I can't even find my house in this, Like my address doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet there's entirely new freeways.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this is the smell of it. Listen to those pages. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: You know what it makes me think of in speed when the freeway is not finished? Uh huh, it's like I've got the freeway in that is maybe not finished, the one oh five. It's so it's like I couldn't even begin to understand what that is saying.
Speaker 1: Look, you have to cross coordinate, you have to find your address, and you have to cross coordinate and go to the map page and then go to a eight and then you find you It's so fever forget.
Speaker 2: So I was in college and I went on a trip with my college boyfriend to New Mexico. So first of all, I went on a plane, which I don't do. So I already yeah, I was already a little out of sorts. And then he hands me a map to get to the hotel, like a foldyouty one yet and I'm holding the map and I cannot figure out what it's saying. So I start to turn it, and he's, oh my god, never turn the map.
Speaker 1: And I really know.
Speaker 2: I think if you turn the map, you're just like not going You're just totally going up down.
Speaker 1: Then at that point, I don't know. I am a map reader. I love reading maps. It's something weird about me, but I have a whole thing for maps in my heart.
Speaker 2: Do enjoy the overview, do you know what the overview is like on your map on your phone. If you click like the overview, you can sort of see where you are and where your final destination is, as opposed to the turn by turn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I need to challenge and challenge all of us to stop using our navigations just for like a day, and try using your brain to get where you need to go.
Speaker 2: No, my problem too, is like street names mean nothing to me, Like yeah, No, my problem is like when people are like, take Maraga Road and I'm like, I don't know which one that is?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: By Roundtable the movie theater CBS, Like you.
Speaker 1: Have to get a table. Wait, there's a roundtable in your neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Totally roundtable pizza. We have one in my town and the town over. It's super popular up here.
Speaker 1: I want to come over.
Speaker 2: Have you been to round table? It'll give you diarrhea, but it's really good for good going back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a ringing endorsement. I think I'll be right over.
Speaker 2: The last time I had it, I like it tasted so good going down and then just direage.
Speaker 1: All right, that's okay, We're stop that conversation right there and We're going to get back into this week's episode. Right after this, I heard podcasts listen on the iHeartRadio app. Okay, so nobody really wants to hear what happened after you ate round Table, but they do want to hear about.
Speaker 2: Look, it's not it's not about Roundtable. It's about my stomach. So please continue to go to round Table. It's not their fault. It's about the cheese and me all.
Speaker 1: Like I said, people don't want to hear about what happened to you after you ate round Table. They want to hear about Season six, episode sixteen, turn Back the Clock, aired January third, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: Before I do the synopsis? Is that a creative choice to like do it in flashback?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm saying? You have to read thesis?
Speaker 2: Okay, new year, same drama. I'm gonna read it like I'm a professional.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Holland can't kick his holiday habit, Susan's boyfriend Baggage is not sitting well with Brandon, Steve's half brothers, Tory Smelling's brother love to pull pranks, and Donna finally puts Burdgate to bed as she finally rides the Rose Parade.
Speaker 1: Float directed by Graham Lynch, written by Larry Mullen. Wow, okay, now you can ask your question about flashbacks.
Speaker 2: So since I am a layman and you are an actor, Like, why would they make that choice rather than tell it to us in real time?
Speaker 1: Dude? I have the same question on my notes, So I got nothing for that. It's like, why, why why the flashbacks?
Speaker 2: Like why wouldn't we just tell in real time? Tell the same story.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I really have no idea that this is a Larry Mullen question.
Speaker 2: Maybe he just wanted to do something different.
Speaker 1: Maybe he just was really into those like boyes to make you go back in time in your mind, so.
Speaker 2: So silly as a whole. I enjoyed this episode toats me too. A couple questions and people can yell at me. When did we meet the boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Before? I know we talked about him. I have never seen him before in my life.
Speaker 2: Brandon at one point says, like the last time I saw you? And is that just like around school?
Speaker 1: Okay, if you don't remember, then we've never seen him.
Speaker 2: And I can't remember what the drama is between the two of them. Why, like Brandon you just don't understand. I feel like she was pregnant.
Speaker 1: I mean that would be Yeah, that would be the easy place to go with that. It's such a secret. I don't know, and I don't recall if and when we find out, and I don't recall if I care.
Speaker 2: Well, So the people just carry around files of cocaine like it's a stick of gum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently so weird in those It always has to be in that little brown bottle too.
Speaker 2: Just feels like we're watching less than zero, Like it's just so weird.
Speaker 1: Hey, did you know that this was the first episode that aired in nineteen ninety six?
Speaker 2: Maybe that answers our question. Maybe that is why they did it as a flashback because it aired in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 1: And they had to go back to do New Year's because because it didn't air.
Speaker 2: In this we just solve the mystery. Yeah, they really they wanted to really be accurate. Nineteen ninety six. Let me think about what was happening. I was still in college, senior in college. What were you doing in your life? Did you have any kids?
Speaker 1: No? I think I was going through divorce number one and getting into my relationship, and I think about to get pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we would know because you're going to carry a bunch of groceries and stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's for another year. Sorry, I forgot Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll be next Jeria.
Speaker 1: Hey the Cores, Hello, the Corps. They are in this episode.
Speaker 2: They weren't actually really good, even though they never sang their their hit, they had a hit. They did have a hit, and I interviewed the Cores. I mean I didn't, but like I was there, they had one really big hit. But they were actually quite good singers, Like the old Lang sign was really good.
Speaker 1: Oh Breathless was their hit. They were gorgeous, by the way. These these Cores, Wow, they're Irish m hm Srish band made up of four siblings.
Speaker 2: I actually think in nineteen ninety six, if you were at a New Year's party at the Peapad and the Cores were there.
Speaker 1: You'd be pretty stoked. Yeah, for sure, I think we were stoked to be there watching it. Okay, let's break this down. Let's just start at the top. The show opens up to a newscast with our favorite Sam Rubin. I don't know if like the whole world knows Sam Rubin, but he was in La like he was it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, until he passed away in May. He was just at the top of his game. And I've worked for him for like twenty plus years, like in some capacity, and every day for the last fifteen I don't even have ten twelve. I've lost track.
Speaker 1: He is a great guy.
Speaker 2: And that was like what I couldn't figure out is if that was the actual newscast or if he did it special for nine o two and zero.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming he did. Sure she did it special. Yeah, he was always around us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and some of the Rose Parade footage looked actually real. Yeah, so that was kind of I can't wait to break that down.
Speaker 1: But yeah. So so we open up on Sam Ruben talking about the Rose Parade and then we see that Brandon and Steve are tossing out the Christmas tree, which you know means Christmas is over. Clara arrives in her Volvo. You got a Volvo? I think her dad must have bought her that. Such a dad car to get a daughter.
Speaker 2: We've even seen her Volvo before. Did I think he went on a road trip in it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Right? And did it break down at the nun with the convent? Huh? Huh okay. So she notices that Steve has a black eye and asks what happened, and Brandon begins to explain that it happened on New Year's Eve at the after dark. That's a flashback, you guys, in case you didn't know. Yea, bess, it was all pretty good, Brandon narrates, while we learned that Susan's ex boyfriend, Jonathan Casten, came back to town and Brandon and saw them kissing, So right out of the gate, we know something is bad that's happening.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have a long conversation with you when we get to that kiss, because that was too odd. Yeah, Like he's kissing her, but she's kissing back and pulling away at the same time.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, no, Steve says, okay. So Steve says it all started when his dad made him babysit his two younger brothers, who, hello, I didn't even know he had two younger twin brothers, Austin and Ryan, who teepeed Brandon's front yard. So this whole flashback starts super.
Speaker 2: Weird because I know two brothers named Austin and Ryan, but they are not twins, but I totally do.
Speaker 1: That's weird. Look nothing alike. I mean, I know they don't have to be identical, but even one looks a lot like Donna. One of them is played by Randy Spelling.
Speaker 2: He looks different than when he was on the two times before.
Speaker 1: He's adorable. I can't with him. He's so cute. I just remember, that's just Nice's sweet and so kind and so like respectful. What a good guy. Love you is.
Speaker 2: Such a nice, nice guy, like I can't even say it enough. Smart whol anyway, Yeah, as a twerp in this episode though, Yeah, these.
Speaker 1: Two twrps don't look related at all. So Steve's gets He's so mad at him. He's like rush on them all the whole time. He has turned into his father basically and is treating these poor kids like like Steve was always treated essentially. Yep. Brandon gets a call from Susan saying that her ex is in town. He was headed to He was headed to Tahiti, but he had a layover and will now be in La for New Year's convenient, just so bizarre. Yeah. She tries to get out of her plans with Brandon, but he will He's not having that. I mean, that is just so bizarre.
Speaker 2: Who is calling their current boyfriend to be like, on New Year's my ex is in town and then is like making a hundred punk call to.
Speaker 1: Set him up. Yeah. No, it's weird on all fronts. But I do have to say that Brandon is looking sexy and mature. Yeah, I am liking this Brandon this season. Valerie walks into the room and tells Brandon that she is happy to be with David, someone she loves on New Year's.
Speaker 2: Eve, foreshadowing a hot mess to make it all fall apart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not really a hot mess because it ends up with a kiss and a bow. Okay, yeah, we come out of that flashback. This is going to be so confusing for everyone. So that was a flashback. We come out of the flashback sequence and we're back at the Kassa Walsh there and Claire wants to know more about what happened. When Valerie walks into the kitchen and she tells Steve that Donna cult huh kind of sitting around the table. Yeah, they're all just like having a chat.
Speaker 2: Sort of a lot of forward backward, forward backward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it got Yeah, it's confusing, so he sets up that does something happened with the stupid bird? It flew the cop Yeah, we knew the drama with the bird. Then he tells that Claire that she's gonna be blamed for it. Was it her fault? I feel like it wasn't. In the end. Do you feel like there's any chemistry by the way between Steve and Claire in this particular episode.
Speaker 2: Bilch, except that they're buds, Like you get like, oh, these two are great pals probably in real life, like hell, but you're definitely not, like that's why their couplehood is so like unexciting in the nine two one oho like whole scheme of things, you're just like, oh, that happened whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now we go back to a flashback and we see step and Claire getting busy in bed when we hear cutie Pie that's the bird talking. Claire heads down to Donna's room to ask him to quiet down the bird, and Joe says he's there struggling with the latch on the cage and uh. He asks Claire to make sure that no one accidentally lets her out, so again shout outing that up. Yeah. Back at the walls shell. Steve continues to tell the bird story when David walks in and begins to tell them what happened that night about the bird. Okay, so David, we're back in a flashback. I don't even know. I've already have whiplash.
Speaker 2: I've watched this whole episode.
Speaker 1: Confused. I'm so confused. How do you even do a flashback rewatch episode? You guys, this is impossible. Okay, so we're back. We're going into another flashback, that's all in. Okay. So David approaches Valerie at the party at Colin's party and basically tells her that he doesn't like the way she's nambling with the koke. Heeads and he grabs her arm. Do you see the way he grabbed her arm? So rough? Like, I don't like that, sad?
Speaker 2: Are we at a pre party at call? I was like, where am I now? Okay, so we're at some sort of a pre party and yes, he's like, don't hang with the cokettes. But then everything was fixed real quick. Then they were kissing. Yeah, it was like she's basically like, I'm not with the cokedes. Okay, make out.
Speaker 1: And we see Susan tel Brandon that she's trying to find her exedate for New Year's Eve? Why why why? And don't say you'd never understand, right, that's her boyfriend. You should probably explain it to him. We see Colin give Valerie a vial of coke so Kelly doesn't catch him with it, and then we see Kelly walk in to the party with Donna, and she clocks val and Colin a little too close for comfort, and she tells Valerie thanks for keeping him warm, and starts frisking Colin for drugs. The frisking I totally.
Speaker 2: I was so because Donna says something like they don't even know you're here or some kind of something, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: What is happening? She frisked him. I mean it was playful, but she was like looking in his pockets for his drugs. Good thing he had just given them to beow.
Speaker 2: Hello God, why doesn't he keep him in a medicine cabinet?
Speaker 1: Like what an idiot? I hate the Koch storyline.
Speaker 2: It's like, this drug addict needs to get out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's bad, it's bad, Okay. So then we go to the this is so confusing.
Speaker 2: The pad, the tree back to the Walshes.
Speaker 1: When we go to the b Pad and we see that the night has started out great and the cores are performing. You're forgiven, not forgotten. Oh that that song is stuck in my head? Now forgiven, not forgotten. You got it, you hear it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get in my head as much as Old Lang Sign, which I believe Old Laying Sign is one of those songs that is free, like do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, you don't have to pay happy to use it. His Happy Birthday and Old ag Sign is the ones that you can you can use. I was like, let's get that in there. Well, we already probably paid a pretty penny for the course, so you know. We see Jonathan, Susan's ex walk into the bar and pull up a chair and sit next to Susan and Brandon, and Jonathan tells Brandon that he enjoys his columns. I don't think I believe him. It was so weird. It's just weird. The whole thing's weird. He's kind of hot, though I did not think so. I thought he was. I liked his like kind of fassy attitude. Yeah. Then we go, Then we go and we see that David. During this time, David is helping Donna get the damn bird back after it flew up into a tree. He's way up in there, and it's still like squawking. Joe loves Donna. Joe loves Donna.
Speaker 2: Lam bird, damn bird, that bird. I know why this is a storyline.
Speaker 1: I don't either.
Speaker 2: Then, to get rid of the bird is why they had to figure out how to get rid of it.
Speaker 1: They had to get it lost. Yeah, back to the flashbacks. Now at the peach Pit after dark, Steve is furious when he spots his younger half brothers inside the club making a ruckus.
Speaker 2: SE's so mad because they're underage or because he didn't want to hang out with them. It was like, I didn't get all.
Speaker 1: Of the above, but that let them in, which I don't think Nat will do because.
Speaker 2: He thought they were cag brothers. Oh and is it an eighteen and overclub? Is it a twenty one and over club? I don't know any what the age deal is on the Peaty either.
Speaker 1: We see a girl slapping one of them for being Handy's getting fresh. They're so cute. And then I loved Randy's line He's like, Okay, see you in a few years. He's so cute. Steve tells his brothers to go home and go to bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had a lot of lines, as you would say, not talking. I'm like, he had a lot of talking. He had a lot of lines in this one compared to his previous appearances.
Speaker 1: So that was exciting.
Speaker 2: Probably got paid a little a little bit more randy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then we cut to Jonathan telling Brandon the real reason he's in town, that he's in love with Susan and he wants her back, and he says there is a bond between them and Brandon is irrelevant. Ouch, that's like the ultimate f you to say to someone you know what you're irrelevant is?
Speaker 2: Wait, now, all of a sudden, I just had a weird moment that like, she ends up with this guy. I'm sorry, I don't want to give a spoiler thirty years later, but like, whoa, I had a weird premonition of that. Would you do it that way? Like if you're trying to get the girl back, wouldn't you just go to the girl? Like would you tell the boyfriend I'm here.
Speaker 1: To well maybe he's, you know, trying to cause friction in their relationship. Oh right, kind of see smart move true. The clock strikes twelve, and everybody starts making out except for Sad Valerie. But Sad Valerie looks amazing. I just want to say, I'm so into this whole look like she looks like an opera singer or like a madam, or like she's gonna star in Chicago. I don't know, but I love the hair and everything about it.
Speaker 2: I just want to call her Sad Valerie.
Speaker 1: Though, yeah, she's sad in this episode.
Speaker 2: But then it all works out, no problem, all great, everything's great.
Speaker 1: As soon as the cry. As soon as the clock strikes twelve, Kelly says goodbye to Colin because she has to wake up early to help Donna get ready for the Rose Parade. I found that a little weird, like would Kelly just get herself home, Like shouldn't her boyfriend, Like, yes, he's staying there at a party.
Speaker 2: Donally, since he's a drug addict and she knows it, but he says I'll take you, and then she says no, and then he just does so much drugs that he's a spats.
Speaker 1: He goes right for the drugs as soon as she's out of sight. Yeah, just so much Czar and I also didn't understand, like why are Val and Colin such good friends now? Like why is Val taking care of.
Speaker 2: Him back still from camp and that she loves him deep down somewhere, But I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 1: This so frustrating to me.
Speaker 2: It's just like, dude, dump this guy. Just be like, you're you do so much coke? That's not my bag bye mm hmm. But you're like hanging on knowing he does coke. Jenny Kelly not totally happy with you either. You should be like, dude, fuck it off, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really do not see how this is going to progress into Kelly having a drug problem. I don't get ready. I don't see how what Like why Kelly of all people.
Speaker 2: Correct because it's kind of stupid. Yeah, in rehab in three weeks. You're gonna be in rehabing three weeks. But my thing is like, if you're so against it, why would you tolerate it? You would be like, hey, Colin, you're great, go live your life and do your drugs.
Speaker 1: I'm not playing well. She does say that. Later, she says, I picked my mom up off the floor, right did the same for you.
Speaker 2: But then then he went to the Rose Parade, didn't he? And no, maybe he didn't.
Speaker 1: We'll have to refresh my memory.
Speaker 2: Okay, because yesterday I feels so long ago.
Speaker 1: When I you, guys, wait, Jonathan starts kissing Susan. This is the kiss you want to talk about. He's saying goodbye right in front of Brandon, and Brandon just stands there like a tool, and Susan is sort of the weirdest, like, don't kiss me, but I'm kissing you back. He's literally kissing him back but pushing him. That must have been really hard to act, Like, yeah, I felt like she got direction that was you're going to need to kiss him and push him off at the same time.
Speaker 2: And I think that we have did. Was this the first time we saw the kiss or was there a flash forward to the kiss in the.
Speaker 1: Episode earlier, but now we see it really happening.
Speaker 2: That seems like that flash forward was a different kiss. It felt longer in the flash forward. I was like, am I this episode is so exhausting?
Speaker 1: It really is. But I was very upset with Brandon for just standing there like that.
Speaker 2: What I would tell everyone listening and don't don't stop the podcast, but it's better to watch it than listen to us try to talk about it, because I'm even.
Speaker 1: Like, we're like back and forth, back and forth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds awful when we're talking about it, but it's actually kind of a good.
Speaker 1: Episode, you know what. I'm going to keep going anyway. We cut out of the flashbacks and Brandon tells his friend he's mad that he lets Jonathan get to him like that. So we're back in the kitchen. I don't know where we are, I mean, I can't remember. Valerie tells Brandon to call Susan, and Brandon says it's on her to call him. It's right.
Speaker 2: We're back at the wallsh house, around the table or whatever, okay, and the brothers are like, Valerie, you're so hot.
Speaker 1: Yet around now? Okay? Then we are going back to our flashbacks, you guys. Steve realizes that his little brothers put shaving cream all over his car as revenge for getting them kicked out of the party. Which where did they get to shaving cream?
Speaker 2: And then he just runs around crazy.
Speaker 1: Kind of liked it. I really like that Steve, Like he's so funny. And then he gets hit in the eye, and so that's how he got the black black guy.
Speaker 2: And then he gets a hose, which I was a little bit like, is this gonna.
Speaker 1: Hurt the paint? But okay, where does he get the hose and the pea pad? Okay, I don't know why they have a hose. But that's when we see and come out and he's high a kite god. He starts kissing random people, including Valerie, and she of course offers to take him home. That's when David shows up and he's looking for Valerie and Nat tells.
Speaker 2: Him that she just left with Colin Hunt Dull.
Speaker 1: And David says that he had been stuck at the police checkpoint. So now we know what's going to happen. We cut the Valerie Colin at a police checkpoint. The cops let them go, But that was dramatic. He's so stupid, he laughs, because his sash was right there the whole time.
Speaker 2: The what are those called ashtrays? In the ash tray? I don't even think cars have ashtrays anymore. One of my cars is old enough that it has a lighter. Do cars still come with Do new cars come with lighters? I think so, But First of all, can you imagine smoking in a car and dumping the ash into the ash tray and then just living in the car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 2: Wads of gum into your car.
Speaker 1: But stinkier, way stinkier. I really did like those like little you know those. It was like the thing you push in the lighter the car push and then it pops out and then you look at it and it's like flaming hot coils. Like I have always been tempted to just stick my finger in there, have you? I don't know.
Speaker 2: It looks like goes into that as my cell phone charger now, so I have like an adapter for my cell phone that goes into that thing, and that's why I charged myself.
Speaker 1: I just think that was a genius invention. Whoever came up with the car lighter do icky tray.
Speaker 2: It's just got me shook because I never thought about that before.
Speaker 1: I've never smoked. Have you ever smoked? Yeah, I've smoked other people's, like, I've never been to like buy my own. I had never. It was in the nineties, you guys. I never bought my own cigarettes.
Speaker 2: Taking a drag or a cigarette.
Speaker 1: On the set. Everybody smoked so it was always like, hey, can I bumb a cigarette? Or you know, like everybody, if you didn't smoke on our set, you just weren't cool.
Speaker 2: I've never smoked a cigarette in my life. I've never had it to my lips. I've never had a cuff. Oh my god, I can't even. I can't sty all these smokers.
Speaker 1: Keep it up, you'll die. But you can't say you can. You just said keep.
Speaker 2: It up, you'll die. I'm telling people they need to understand the truth. Smoking is terrible, and it says so everywhere the Surgeon General is true.
Speaker 1: It's like really bad. So I've ever seen cigarette cartons in the in Europe. You've never been to Europe because you don't go on airplanes. Only only got as far as New Mexico. No, I went to New York once. Okay, what on the cigarette cartons when you buy them overseas? Is that what they say these days over the seas on the back of the curtain. It's like horrific imagery that they put on there of like dead people, dead people, dead babies, people with like deformities. Pictures they're like lungs. Yeah, so they're really trying to do something about it.
Speaker 2: But marijuana like smoking a cigarette, Like should you like, okay, say you want to use marijuana, should you just use like gummies because then you don't want to be smoking?
Speaker 1: Are you asking for a friend? Really? I don't know. I think it's the same. I think smoking the joint is the same. You're inhaling like toxic fumes into your luggage.
Speaker 2: I feel like I was just watching something where someone was smoking a cigar.
Speaker 1: They say that that's not as bad for you because you don't inhale cigars like you just you do. You just like it. You put in your mouth and then you puff it out. You don't in the hand into your life.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, what show was I watching where they had a cigar? I mean literally?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think it was Will Ferrell. I watched that Will Ferrell documentary. Excellent, by the way. I cried, cried, cried so good.
Speaker 1: Oh I got to watch that.
Speaker 2: It's actually really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I watched Wolf's also. Sorry you know that George cliney Brad Pitt thing.
Speaker 1: Thing not great?
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, Brad, I literally love you both so much, But anyway, continue that's sad. Yeah, but watch it. Everybody watched it and tell me what you think, because maybe I just have a bad opinion.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're so off. That's target.
Speaker 2: I'm happy about it because this episode is selling me.
Speaker 1: We didn't confuse people before, we've really thrown them now because we've been talking about cigarette smoking, and then pot smoking, and then cigar smoking, and then the movies that you've seen this weekend.
Speaker 2: Wait, was someone smoking in this episode?
Speaker 1: Thinking of add I'm sure was.
Speaker 2: Someone smoking this week in this episode? Or straight just because we'd start talking about ashtrays. Yeah, that just that's it. The cooke was in the ashtray.
Speaker 1: Claire tells Donna that she's sorry about the bird, but that she didn't let him out, and Donna starts telling them what happened with the bird. Okay, so we go back in a flashback now and we see that Joe is obsessed like it's getting kind of weird.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have a comment on this. My precious Joe would never behave this way. He would behave how he did at the end of the episode with the Joe Loves Donna. He would have never acted this way. And the night before her big day, no way.
Speaker 1: No, he wouldn't have kept her up late looking for birds.
Speaker 2: Right, come on, Larry. I love you, Larry Mullen, but that is that doesn't track for me. Joe is an angel.
Speaker 1: He would not.
Speaker 2: He would be like, Donna get your beauty rest. I'm just gonna look for the bird.
Speaker 1: I'm not even mad.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna look for the bird for a second. If I can't find the bird, it's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then they get into an argument, I think, like their first argument in Joe leaves to keep looking for the damn.
Speaker 2: Bird, and it was so stupid because those two would never get in an argument like that.
Speaker 1: Stupid. Then we go into a flashback at Collin's house where Kelly goes to pick him up for the Rose Parade early. This has got to be at like four in the morning. You guys five and.
Speaker 2: Thember talk about your outfit for the Rose Parade.
Speaker 1: Which that outfit it's like the worst color on her too, totally wash her up so bizarrely. And I've been to the Rose Parade. It's cold, you guys, it's colder. You go in layers, you don't wear a suit.
Speaker 2: You would have been wearing cute jeans, a cozy sweater, a little.
Speaker 1: Beanie doesn't get any sense that suit was so rambo a call out for the wardrobe department. So she finds out that he's messed up and that this is where she says, you know what, I picked up my mother off the floor and I'm not going to do the same for you, and she leaves him there. He say, I'm going miit. He's not. He's not going. He's terrible. Then we go to a flashback at the Condor, which I don't even want to do. Brandon tells everyone he went to work at the Condor after trying to call Susan, but that she was nowhere to be found.
Speaker 2: When he gets in, who's he doozy there?
Speaker 1: Oh? I don't know. He sees Susan and who'sy doozy? Jonathan? They're there together, and then they say they're going to see an old friend together and Jonathan apologizes, but Brandon's still upset.
Speaker 2: Brandon's typing angry typing. He's standing over a computer hunting and packing typing.
Speaker 1: So he's not type type typing. He's tight type tight type. That's angry typing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, what are you doing on that computer?
Speaker 1: I think that this is very confusing, Like just tell us what is their big deal connection? Where are they going to see a friend? So now there's a friend involved in their connection.
Speaker 2: She's like, or he says he really wants to see you too, and she's like, okay, you go like, what what is happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, and then we go we have a flashback to the Rose Parade where Valerie gives Kelly Collins vial of coke to prove that he is an addict.
Speaker 2: Or are you all at the Rose Parade? I have to know, right was that?
Speaker 1: Really? I don't remember? I would remember, and she's not here, so she'll.
Speaker 2: Be back next week, so we do have to ask her. Maybe somebody text her. So there was footage of the Rose Parade that was definitely the Rose Parade. Then we see the princesses, the queens whatever, they.
Speaker 1: Float looking so beautiful. They're like that waving, waving, like was that in the Rose Parade?
Speaker 2: And maybe they're just like, hey, everybody, we're filming nine O two and O. Now, I in my mind, I thought, okay for the filming of you all in stands, that's not that seemed like not real that you just went to a stadium and one section was filled with people, but the Rose Parade looked very real. Sorry, I'm popping my peas there every time I say.
Speaker 1: All right, I think that you're right. It was half real, half not real. Why was Kelly sitting next to Valerie at the parade though happenstance? I don't know? Is that the you know, it doesn't make sense. That's so frustrating.
Speaker 2: And also let's talk about the fact that she's carrying around cocaine just to give it back to Kelly and now you're.
Speaker 1: Stuck with it.
Speaker 2: I would be like, I'm not taking that, touching that right, Like what are these people doing? And I think that's the that's the vial that takes you down, because.
Speaker 1: That's how you are. Like, I guess I'll try this, like nobody's doing that. No, okay. This is where we also see Joe back to being Joe in the stands with a big sign that says his Dan bird. So he's trying to like make up for being such an idiot.
Speaker 2: But he never should have had to make up for anything, because Joe would have never gotten in a fight. He would have never done that.
Speaker 1: Can I just see you wave like you're on the float? I want to see your princess wave very good. Yours is more of a this. Mine's more like a turn. And you can't do it up here. It can never be above the tier.
Speaker 2: Because then he would have the wiggily arms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has to be down here. Yeah. And if you're sweaty on the parade, nobody needs to see like your sweaty pits. Keep it tight.
Speaker 2: Let me talk about something really fast. It's also a sidebar. Are you watching Golden Bachelorette.
Speaker 1: I tried, I kept getting interrupted, but I told you to watch it. It's really good. It's really good. I saw the part where they sing the song take take Me Home. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: But these poor old guys are so sweaty every single I need.
Speaker 1: To text Bennett. I need to text my friend. They're really excited.
Speaker 2: I need to text my friend who produces The Bachelor and be like, dude, these get these old guys a towel or back off the lights because they're all sweating. I've never seen it so much sweat. Yeah, wait until episode two. I just finished it last night.
Speaker 1: I have to finish it.
Speaker 2: I think we're on episode three. I think we're behind. I'm watching it on Hulu.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Okay, this is not a Golden Bachelor rewatch, but it's a great podcast episode for everyone listening.
Speaker 2: They are enjoying this immensely because I am, because I love it so much. But now I'm hungry how much more.
Speaker 1: You are like a child today? I just need you to go take your medication. I'm really trying you, guys. Okay, out of the flashbacks and inside the wash kitchen, Rush calls and the boys begs Steve not to tell their dad all the bad things that they have done, and Steve shows mercy on them and puts them out to do the yard work. That was cute. That was cute. That was cute.
Speaker 2: Now I have a flag on the yard work. I've never seen that angle of the yard before at all. And I'm like, where did we shoot this?
Speaker 1: We was in the front yard of the backyard.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, because it was they in the backyard, correct, Because there's suddenly a pergola, kind of a weird pergola, and you're all sipping what.
Speaker 1: Looks like that was the backyard. That was the real backyard of that house. Yeah. Yeah, because I think we have I think we have Donna's wedding there or somebody's wedding is in that backyard. Okay, okay, maybe Kelly and Brandon's. I have no idea. I have no idea. Susan shows up and asks Brandon for forgiveness, and she says that Jonathan left back to Chicago, so now she can pay attention to her boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Here is my impression of the director for Susan as she enters the scene, looks super MOPy, looks so MOPy, because MOPy as you've ever looked in your whole life and look kind of real.
Speaker 1: So sad and MOPy hunched over and MOPy. She did, she did, she did a good job. Then but Brandon says he forgives her, and then they make out, and they make out so aggressively. I can't I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: So because I was like, wow, it's almost like he wrestles them during the makeouts, like you're just a lot of movement.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's it's exhausting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds my neck.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's why my next messed up. That's why I have TMJ. It's all because of the way Brandon. Totally.
Speaker 2: I have a friend who I won't name great.
Speaker 1: I love him.
Speaker 2: He's a great guy that was on the Bachelor that okay. He is like a big guy and when he hugs you, it at it's so bear huggy that it actually hurts. And I thought I would crack a rib. So I almost can't hug him ever again because I have like so much I'm so afraid of it. Yeah, I don't know people out there. Public service. Let's be careful of our backs, our ribs, our necks.
Speaker 1: When whilst making out. You guys, that's the end of the episode. I need a nap.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: It was really really fun to watch, really really not fun to rewatch on this podcast.
Speaker 2: I want you to know I've loved this podcast.
Speaker 1: You've loved every moment of it.
Speaker 2: I really want to just do a podcast where I tell people, like what I'm watching on television?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Amy, Like, maybe when.
Speaker 2: We finish this, would you do that podcast with.
Speaker 1: Me where we you just talk about nonsense things that do nothing and have no relation to the thing before. Yeah, I like that idea.
Speaker 2: Trist you people listening, please send messages on Instagram because I don't know how to read dms. I only know how to read the messages that come up on Instagram comments.
Speaker 1: On the comments, yeah, okay, okay, leave us a comment, thank you. I like to hear Amy rambling about nonsensical things. After our tenth season of OMG.
Speaker 2: Raise your hand if you're happy that Tory will be back next week? Me me, me, yes, we're soa And why do you give this episode a ten?
Speaker 1: It was so good. I didn't like the squiggly things, but in the you know, but I really enjoyed like the storytelling and going back and forth. I thought it was fun.
Speaker 2: But you can't give this podcast a ten? The episode eight eight point seven?
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, yeah? What's next week? Next week we have episode seventeen, fade in, fade Out. I don't know what that's about me either. I neither Kelly does drugs?
Speaker 2: Really soon though, everybody really soon?
Speaker 1: Happy New Year, happ happy everybody. We could have sing old.
Speaker 2: We could totally sing you all old length signed and we wouldn't have to pay for it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the word.
Speaker 2: Y'all acquaintance be forgot something something old length?
Speaker 1: We should sing more. Okay, bye you guys, Sorry about this episode.
Speaker 2: Love you