Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 1: Scrub dub dub in the tub ub dub Tonya.
Speaker 2: This is like the fourth time she's had a tune for us.
Speaker 3: He's in a singing mood.
Speaker 1: Today, that's right. Why just feeling the vibes.
Speaker 2: The vibes are high.
Speaker 1: The vibes are high. I'm on vacation.
Speaker 2: Oh you are?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, where are you right now? Let me tell you something. I am present. I'm gonna focus the next seven days about being present in the moment.
Speaker 2: Yes, so that means what She's not sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure. But like one of the big things is at night, I always go through like the laundry list of the next day. Like I'm always like hyper focused on like the next day and like the to do list and stuff, and that's just going to go out the window because you're off, that's right.
Speaker 2: So you don't have a to do list, right, No, Like when.
Speaker 1: You're off, you're not really off, you know, like Sonny has to go to the vets and you know what I mean, all those little things on vacation, I am oh yeah, yeah, I'm just saying, like, mentally, I want to just be like free bird.
Speaker 2: Where are you on vacation?
Speaker 1: That's to be determined.
Speaker 2: You're kidding me.
Speaker 1: A little. Young young chicks just picking up and going for the.
Speaker 2: Where this energy? This time?
Speaker 3: We don't know where you're going.
Speaker 1: To be, So to be fair, we did not get our vacation schedule from Ryan about a week ago, so I've had about a week to figure it out. So that's kind of where we're at. And I was sick and was down, and so that's just where we are. It is Becka Energy.
Speaker 2: But I'm ember, what are the options.
Speaker 3: It's globe, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean globe, spin, spin the what are those things going?
Speaker 3: I'm going to find something that gives me a random location in the world.
Speaker 1: In the Globe's let's see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: You know you never know what was keeping you on your toes.
Speaker 2: I'll just check your location.
Speaker 1: That's right, you have my location. You never check my location.
Speaker 2: That's kind of sad you don't check mine either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. I checked it on the way in today when I was on the one on one to see how far back you were and you hadn't left your house.
Speaker 2: Yet but aside, you literally never use it. You're always like where are you, who are you with? What are you doing? And I'm like, check the location.
Speaker 1: Well, the location doesn't tell me who you're with.
Speaker 2: Which is fine, you don't need to.
Speaker 1: Which that's a feature. I would like them to add, if I'm being honest, you won't.
Speaker 2: Get removed so bad.
Speaker 1: Apparently snapchat has that feature.
Speaker 3: Well they have snap maps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, snap maps.
Speaker 3: Multiple people you follow it together, you'd be able to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like apparently a lot of kids feel left out from it.
Speaker 3: To generate a random place, and this is where you'll go. Here we go, Oh, Spain in Spain, In Spain, here's another one. France.
Speaker 2: Oh, what are the contenders right now?
Speaker 1: Greece in Hawaii?
Speaker 2: Oh wow?
Speaker 1: Directions yes, correct, correct, Just depends on how ambitious we're feeling, Like the day of no, no, no hopefully. Yeah, I've never done that before.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like the same.
Speaker 1: True, I feel like Becca's done that before.
Speaker 2: I haven't, but I would love to m I added, as like a content content idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just show up to the airport and see what's available and then just go and go, but pack something that I could wear.
Speaker 2: You know, Greece and Hawaii probably are the same vibes, not vibes, same weather weather.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: The Scandinavian Airlines announced recently that you can pay like a thousand bucks or something like that and they'm just going to send you somewhere and you won't know until you're on the plane.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was gonna say, I feel like I've heard about this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's I don't know a lot of people.
Speaker 1: That's so crazy.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of a lot of adventurers out there.
Speaker 4: What if you do it? It's like Branson, Missouri.
Speaker 3: Like you're, well, it's the Vegas of the Midwest.
Speaker 4: That's right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that really what it is?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh wow yeah wow.
Speaker 2: No, that's not somewhere I necessarily want to go. But that's a very adventurous spirit to do that. I don't even think I would like to do that really. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It feels like really rolling the dice.
Speaker 2: I like the idea of packing for something for a type of weather and then getting to the airport and being like we're going here, but knowing that I have all the things I need.
Speaker 1: That's so I'll tell Haley that would you like me to pass that message along.
Speaker 2: I don't know if she would like that.
Speaker 1: Oh well, no, she would know, she would plan it.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that's fine. I'll let her know. Okay, I get to see her tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Wow, finally today I.
Speaker 2: Did I did you guys? Three weeks?
Speaker 3: Did you do it? Because we don't know. We only see you here for all we know. You're in a fetal position.
Speaker 1: The other twenty vertical, horizontal, I.
Speaker 2: Would say, stretched out and tall?
Speaker 1: Yeah whatever, yeah yeah, like she's on stilts. She's walking around like Orange County still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no spirals this time. Proud of you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we made it.
Speaker 2: We did it, We did it, Joe. Yeah. So I'm going up tomorrow to see her. It's just for the weekend and then she'll be back. She has a week and then she'll be back the next week.
Speaker 1: Oh so that's it. Like we're the line.
Speaker 2: Let's say we're on the mile twenty twenty three of a marathon. My wait, it's twenty six point two.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, okay, it's like.
Speaker 2: The end, like you're you're struggling, but you know you're gonna make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So I leave tomorrow, I gotta get Phoebe to Newport with my sister.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the things.
Speaker 2: What's to do today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, busy gal busy gal in the moon booked and busy booked him, busy all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's a little bit about me.
Speaker 1: Well, you know who I saw yesterday. And I have to tell you, I like, I think I'm maturing quite nicely in my age. As I'm aging, I feel as though things I would have done when I was, you know, twenty five, I can hold back on in my elder years.
Speaker 2: So I have no idea what what's coming out of your mouth right now?
Speaker 1: I saw Ariono Mattox in the flesh.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, God, that's a big one.
Speaker 1: It's a big one. And I did not harass her. I did not even go up to her. She was busy working, and I let her be and I made eye contact with her. I could have easily been.
Speaker 3: Like, ah, old timey would have made that noise.
Speaker 1: Correct. So I'm glad you asked. She has a sandwich shop. What's it called?
Speaker 4: Something about her?
Speaker 1: Something about her? It's right next to my hair salon, Tawny. Tawny's hair salon is right next door, and so I was getting my hair done and there was a line down the street as there always is, and my friend from TMZ actually was there, like standing there, and she ran over because I was like feeding the meter and she said, hey, like talking to me, and I was like, what are you doing here? She's like, oh, arian is here all day? Seth Rogan was just here and I was like, oh my gosh, what a sight seeing And I was like, oh cool. So I finished talking to her and then I walked was about to walk into the hair salon and I saw Ariana right there on the sidewalk. Wow. No, I made eye contact. I smiled. I think she could feel my energy that like, I'm a love Island stan and I commend her and thank her for her service this season. And that's all. I just needed the eye contact.
Speaker 2: That's so interesting because I feel like you'd at least be like I love like I loved this season great, like it was amazing or something.
Speaker 1: So I probably I was late for my hair appointment, so I was stressed, just trying to fly in there as that quickly as possible. And I thought I could sense her energy was like I need to get back into my sandwich Shop. Right, but that's a conversation. I'll never know how it was. It gone.
Speaker 4: Isn't she studying though?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And she's much like smaller than I thought everyone is, I know, but I guess like I've never watched an episode of Bander Pump Rules, but on Love Island she looks very tall. She looks like six foot three.
Speaker 4: She gets hosted American Top forty last year, and I have video on my Instagram of her saying that she and I are best friends, and.
Speaker 1: She's much like, yeah, she's like I don't even I don't really know how tall she is, but.
Speaker 4: She's very short. Yeah, and yeah she's the best. Yeah, you love very animatic?
Speaker 3: What an arc? What a what a wife? What a career? I know, like she gets a reality and.
Speaker 1: Like what a blessed though, because that Tom Sandoval was such a.
Speaker 3: And then that all happens, which makes her a household name for all the wrong reasons. And now she's the host like the number one show on television, Like that's just not an arc anybody's ever.
Speaker 1: And the sandwich Shop, that's like crushing it. And she was on Broadway and she's on Broadway on Broadway. Yeah, she's interesting, winning.
Speaker 2: She keeps winning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she goes to show you just you might be down today. You might be down today, but you can be up tomorrow. You might be crying today, but you're gonna be thriving tomorrow. You might be down in the dumps today, not wanting to get out of bed, and you're gonna be on Broadway tomorrow. M metaphoric metaphoric Broadway.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It goes to show the town.
Speaker 1: Wow, exactly, the sandwich of the stars.
Speaker 4: Mmmm, the toasted sub of the town.
Speaker 1: Well, this reminds me. Actually, it's been a full week without Love Island. Yes, and I've been missing them. So I wrote a poem.
Speaker 2: But they're all on social media.
Speaker 1: Now, You're like, it's different, Oh, they're They're more polished on Instagram. It's not the raw, unvarnished sims that I'm used to. Yeah, it's a filtered version of them, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I wrote a.
Speaker 3: Poem perfectly normal, perfectly healthy.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Who hasn't among us written a poem about a TV show?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: So I wanted to read that to you all. Should I do when we come back?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I love it?
Speaker 2: Wow, Tony a great job.
Speaker 1: I've been waiting to get it right once.
Speaker 2: It was a good job.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and we're back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're back. You have the floor.
Speaker 1: The floor is yours, floor is mine. Yeah, he said, Can I get just a quick intro? You can do like five seconds? Perfect? That's good, thank you. Okay, bade it down. Maybe it was that too long. I don't even know. Okay, risking it. Don't tell the authorities, scrubvers. Okay, are you ready? It's been a week without you, my dear good friends. I never thought we would get to the end of hearing Kaylor scream, parad to Kendall acting like such a Karen and Nicole looking flawless every single day, and Janey being perfect in every single way. It was a season where the women totally dominated the men. They kind of were just accessories. They were just kens. It's love Island, not like Island. So we don't put up with the lies. We may not have new episodes, but we will always have soul ties. So cheers to Leah, Serena and my down ass Bee live. Now, let's hope these men can be a little more decisive.
Speaker 2: Wow, Shakespeare, who honestly one of your best.
Speaker 1: It felt good and I wrote it weirdly fast.
Speaker 2: It was just waiting to be Yeah, it was like put down on paper on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's over. It's over.
Speaker 2: The reunion.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have the reunion.
Speaker 2: So that's something to look forward to.
Speaker 1: And I have all of them on every podcastle We've got Rob or Leah and Call Her Daddy, We've got Taylor on by Al File File Files, fi Out, We've got who else is on other podcasts.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I haven't. I just see what I see on TikTok, which is I saw Rob's clips on which is funny because so he she asked him about Andrea, yeah, if they would get back together, and he kind of was like, we've talked, and he kind of is, doesn't say much, and then he goes, but she posted a lot.
Speaker 1: I noticed that, But I'm like, what is that about?
Speaker 2: But that he wasn't into it. Yeah, well, I think he just thought she would like maybe was trying too hard to like stay relevant or something. I don't know. So he gave him like the ache or something. Is kind of the impression I got.
Speaker 1: I feel bad because it's like, you get out of this villa, you're like you fall in love with someone, they're still in there and you come out.
Speaker 2: It's like, you feel like she fell in love with him in four days.
Speaker 1: I do, Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 2: I think she really liked him. I think she had a big crush on him.
Speaker 1: You don't think she fell in love. I think they were like in love with each other.
Speaker 2: No, I think they had really deep I think they liked each other and there was like an attraction. But I definitely don't feel like.
Speaker 1: It was love. Oh yikes.
Speaker 2: I mean, anyway, she gets off and she's like doing a lot of lives. She's posting about everything, like any any question asked, she's answering it.
Speaker 1: Really, how did I miss that?
Speaker 2: It was on TikTok oh? But you don't see.
Speaker 1: But I think I figured, like US Weekly or something would pick it up and write a story tomorrow. Yeah. Yeah, nobody said that my way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ginger chan interesting and so he just kind of referenced. He was like, she posted a lot, and then I guess she went and deleted everything. So that's on that. I don't know what will happen and beyond that, and then she's having Leo on yeah coming up maybe today or something. I don't know. And then Kaylor was on Vile Files and she made me sad because she was saying how she's never been in a healthy relationship. Yeah, like her last relationship was really toxic and he was really controlling and was like told her what she should wear and if she posted a photo and something sexy, she needed to tag him, like all this like really unhealthy stuff. And so she's like, I don't know how to be in a healthy relationship because that's the only relationship I've had.
Speaker 1: I feel like this ain't it.
Speaker 2: And she was like saying that Aaron's like cheers her on, like when she's sexy. He's like, that's my girl. And so people in the comments were like, please watch the whole show, watch Cosso more and make your decisions.
Speaker 1: I know. And apparently they said that we didn't even see the worst of it, oh shoot, which is alarming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but so Julio, all I have to add because that's all I've seen, which seems to be more than you. Yeah, you were writing poems.
Speaker 1: I was busy writing my poems. And honestly, it's been like a whirlwind of a week because I don't know what to watch every night, Like I've watched. I watched Beetle Juice last night. That fine, great fan of the original. It was the original, the original one.
Speaker 3: So you're ready now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm ready ready, fully like remembered the old one. I liked it. Yeah, but I don't know what to watch. I guess Love is Blind is coming back early August. So that's exciting.
Speaker 3: Is it nice to have a little break from reality dating shows?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what's so funny? I read a book this week, thank you?
Speaker 1: How many pages?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like I don't truly know, you don't check.
Speaker 1: That's the first thing I look at when I open a book. Why, just to see what I'm in for?
Speaker 2: Like that will make her break if you're gonna readize.
Speaker 1: If I see something it's like a thousand pages, no, no, no, no, if it's three hundred maybe yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: It was called The Housemaid, so, oh my gosh, it was so good. Okay. Did anyone in here read Verity from Colleen Hoover? Okay? It had that same feel, it was like, so it was such a fast read. I could have read it in a day, but I couldn't read it at night because it was kind of a thriller and I get scared and then I have dreams about it. But I forgot how much I love to read. It's so fun. It was so nice to not be on my phone until so walk me through this. Okay reading?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So you wake up in the morning and you decide I'm going to read today. So what day of the week is this?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Like, what day was like when I started the book, or in general, the last time you read it. What day of the week was it.
Speaker 2: I started on Sunday, okay, because I went to the park with Phoebe.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you brought it to the park. Yeah. You just sat on a blanket and you just read the book for how many hours?
Speaker 2: Like two and a half. I mean I wasn't reading the whole time, but I would like, you know, go walk with Phoebe, and then I would come back read a few pages whatever. And then during the day, like after breakfast, I'd sit and read for like twenty or thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: So you eat your breakfast, you sit down the couch. Uh huh, you open your book. Yeah, and he just read for twenty thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then yesterday I went to get a pedicure, and it brought my book.
Speaker 1: Brought your book to the manny petties a lot.
Speaker 2: I didn't get a manicure, so I had my hands free. It was so nice.
Speaker 4: You'd do a hard copy or a kindle or paperback.
Speaker 2: I was like, neither a paper back.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, I meant like a physical comic.
Speaker 2: However, I don't have a kindle because I like, see I'm torn between this because I like the idea of having access to get whatever any book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on my face.
Speaker 1: Demanded basically the streaming of But.
Speaker 2: I love like I love like the feeling of a book, and I love not looking at a screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably good for you. But I like my iPad because I can keep a lot of books.
Speaker 1: No, I know it's sleek and fits in your pocket.
Speaker 2: I know they're so cute, the little kindles The Handmaid.
Speaker 3: The house Maid looks really good. I'm just reading it.
Speaker 1: Is that's nice.
Speaker 2: That's a nice so good even I was normally, if I watch a show or read something or whatever, have a story for Haley. If you know how there's certain things where you or like you have a dream and you tell someone and they were like, I don't really care because I didn't live that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was telling Haley about the book, and like midway through explaining, I was like, she probably does not care about this at all, but she kept asking questions and she was like, wait, so so.
Speaker 1: And so did blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: And I was like, Okay, this is a good book because in a good partner. But it's a good book because it was engaging enough that she did care about it even though she had no.
Speaker 1: You know that book that I started reading, I don't even know at what point the magic oh doctor Seuss. No, No, it was like the magic of the magic of making things happen or whatever? Is that book I started a long time ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you finish?
Speaker 1: No, it's still it's still on my bedside table.
Speaker 2: Well that's a self help book, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but a good one, a really good one.
Speaker 2: I love self help books, but it does take me longer to get through those because a lot of times, like I've been trying to read The Artist's Way for so long, because it's like basically helps anyone. It's not just artists, but like any it just helps you unlock your creativity. But it's like homework, Like you wake up and you do an hour of like brain dumping every morning, where you write for an hour just anything that comes to mind.
Speaker 1: Oh, my, brain dumping. That's interesting. We should do that together.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I've been wanting to do it because apparently it is so incredible what it does for your brain when you wake up and immediately write and you just keep writing and anything that comes to your mind, it gets like everything out and clears your brain and allows for more space. It's really interesting. They do it in a lot of classes that are study like I think marketing and creative strategy and stuff.
Speaker 1: Did Becca get smarter? What's happening the book? You read?
Speaker 2: Something quite intelligent?
Speaker 1: I just my gosh, do you.
Speaker 2: Just see my podcast in social media persona?
Speaker 1: No, not me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm pretty deep.
Speaker 1: Well I know that, but like, who knew that you'd learned about brain dumping? Those are the that's the term that I wish you would share with me.
Speaker 2: Well, those are things that I actually learn on TikTok as well.
Speaker 1: TikTok for me isn't just TikTok.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That's the problem with TikTok for me is that sometimes it's such a like time suck and I'm like, I just spent two hours watching what. But then there's also informative things where I learn there's a lot of information on like politics and stuff that you want tot hear in like mainstream media. So I don't know, I feel like there is there is a pro.
Speaker 1: To see my algorithm shows me like, no, it will show me like recently, it showed me like a concoction that I can make on the stove to keep bugs out of my head house, and I'll like save it. But I'm like, I'm never going to make this concoction with like cloves and like whatever, do you know what I mean? Spray it around the walls of my home. But the other one was the how you can get mold in your dishwasher and how to prevent that from happening. So that sent me into a spiral of like We're never using our dishwasher again.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's really pleasant over here.
Speaker 3: For recommending books. I'm reading a book called Fantastic Land right now that I'm really enjoying. It's about a hurricane hitting a theme park in Florida and everyone is trapped in the theme park because of the hurricane. All the employees so it's like teenagers and young people are trapped in there and all hell breaks loose. It's pretty dark, but it's dark. Yeah dark.
Speaker 4: This is on my kindle Wishless.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, in the middle of it, it's good. Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had this moment where I was like, I love the community of the book world because I'm reading at the nail salon and the girl the receptionist, goes Becca and I was like, who's save my name? I was like yeah, and she goes, are you reading The Housemaid? And I was like yes. So I was like it's so good. She's like I just downloaded it. I'm on chapter three or something, and I was like, oh, just wait. Not just a community brings people.
Speaker 1: Together, kind of like Love Island exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Speaking of Twitter, I mean there was no talk of Twitter. Speaking of TikTok, there.
Speaker 1: Is actually X now app Yeah what.
Speaker 2: X Either way, I don't have it, and that's not what I was referring to. So there are these wedding trends that people are over and my thing with a wedding is you do what you want to do, Like that's always.
Speaker 1: My opinion of your own drama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do what you want to do tradition, non tradition. I'm all about it. But I do like the idea of talking about these trends and seeing what you think of them as a future bride. All right, okay, so this is let's see if Tanya would want to incorporate these into her wedding.
Speaker 1: The grimace on your face makes me nervous.
Speaker 3: Very popular right now? Trends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, acrylic signs, so like the signs that a welcome sign when you enter it's it would say, like the yadagars.
Speaker 1: Right, So I don't think I want any signs. I think I want no signs.
Speaker 2: No signage.
Speaker 1: No, like if there's things that I need you to know, I think it's going to be pretty self explanatory, like sign these cards, find your name, is it at your table?
Speaker 2: You know, restrooms, directional information, but not like big signs with like your new last name.
Speaker 1: Well, now that you put it that way, No, I don't think I want signs.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, no acrylic sign or just sign no signs.
Speaker 1: Sis.
Speaker 2: What about pompous grass arches and boho dresses like the Boho vi with like whimsicle you know the grass that like blows in the Yeah, not for me, okay, no boho, No.
Speaker 1: Boho like probably the opposite of boho.
Speaker 2: Okay. What about rustic like wood fall color flowers going to be a fault?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, And like Mexico's, it's quite the opposite of rustic, right.
Speaker 2: I guess it depends on where you are.
Speaker 1: True, true, true?
Speaker 2: Okay. What about a donut wall, so instead of people getting like a dessert cake, they would have a wall of donuts like it's they're like on little hooks. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've seen a donut wall like a Halloween party and stuff. Uh not for me.
Speaker 3: Will you have a traditional wedding cake with the tears and everything and a little couple on top? Uh?
Speaker 1: I don't think so interesting?
Speaker 4: We had a donut wall everybody?
Speaker 1: Did you really?
Speaker 3: How do I not remember that?
Speaker 1: I don't remember it either.
Speaker 4: Well, did you not get a donut?
Speaker 3: I don't think I did.
Speaker 4: We didn't have it like we had a very small wedding cake and then we gave everyone donuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think like we'll probably do some sort of dessert treat, but I don't know that we're going to do a traditional like full blown cake.
Speaker 2: Okay, what flavor cake would you do? If you did a cake.
Speaker 1: Great question. I'm glad you asked. Maybe true to go with like the Mexican Yes, okay, like a trace chase.
Speaker 2: What about little a truro wall and it's like they're like in little like sleeves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that or true, We're going to lean into the to the Mexico of it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Okay, film cameras on tables, so like people will put little cameras, disposable cameras, and then you develop, everyone takes them and then it's their own little like photography session. Then you'll get to keep them someone their pants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably gonna be a no for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, Wow, I've never heard of that. Blurry film photos you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, you see my engagement photos where like there's some blurry ones.
Speaker 2: I was like, yes, beige, white, tan esthetic.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I think I'm gonna have a color palette for the has to choose from, Like if you would like to be on theme, these are the kind of the colors that are going to be the theme.
Speaker 2: It's risky.
Speaker 1: Why are risky?
Speaker 2: It's risky because let's say seventy five percent of the people adhere to the theme and then twenty five say I'm coming with what I've got the phote. It could just look at there.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be some reserve seats in the back.
Speaker 2: I've always I liked the idea of it esthetic, you know, themed, but you just always have a few that won't participate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna be like pretty generic easy. I'm not doing like canary yellow and you know what I mean, Like it's not going to be anything crazy, but like, yeah, I think a color palette is nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about washed out pastel color schemes like sage and mint green.
Speaker 1: I like that, but I don't think for me, Okay.
Speaker 2: Mismatched bridesmaid stresses definitely like in terms of the style of the dress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm gonna give you all a color and let you pick your.
Speaker 2: Dress, but we will send for approval correct champagne tower.
Speaker 1: So it's funny. I was actually reading that that's like a very easy cost cutter, Like nobody drinks the champagne from the champagne tower. It's such a waste of money. But I like the look of it, so I think, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, bridesmaid groomsmen entrance dances.
Speaker 1: Definitely not. I don't want you guys to I don't even want the like give it up for a bat that's actually gonna be you. I might put you in charge of that of what entrances. You might be the em C.
Speaker 2: I'm the m C.
Speaker 4: I think that's pretty.
Speaker 3: Great because Ryan Secrets will be there, but you'll be the EMC.
Speaker 1: Well, no, he's going to be the officiant. That's different. I'm not going to like make him do the whole night saying.
Speaker 3: One of the better known mcs in America is going to be there, and Becca's going.
Speaker 1: To be But what I don't want is I don't want I don't want to put you on the spot to like run into our whatever with like Robbie's brother holding hands and like in the you know, Macarena.
Speaker 2: I think I would. I think it'd be fun if all the girls walked in together and then all the guys walked in together. Yeah, and then y'all walk in together.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't need to be like we have to dance like it's your partner, David. Yeah, okay, are you doing dances with your parents?
Speaker 1: I think so? Okay, you know, I'm really torn on this.
Speaker 2: This is a Ali did not do this. She didn't do a first dance or dance with the parents.
Speaker 1: So what we really want is we want the ceremony to be like the ceremony and beautiful and and sweet and like let's cry and and and then once that's over, we want it to be like party. Yeah, we want to be like fun. We want everybody just to like dance. And I feel like if we do, you know, me and my dad, Robbie and his mom, Me and Robbie, that's a good twenty minutes of just us dancing on the dance floor where everybody's just kind of gonna sit there and maybe lose their buzz.
Speaker 2: You could do like a minute of a song, yeah, if you wanted to incorporate that, if it is important to you, you could do like a minute of a special song and then you know that goes back quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we'll do like a first dance.
Speaker 2: I love a first dance.
Speaker 1: I think we're definitely gonna do the first dance because I really want, I really want, I really have like a special moment in vision for that. Do you have a song It's probably gonna be invisible string or Maren Morris the Bones.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what I was thinking. We've got one of those two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I want one of my bridesmaids to sing it.
Speaker 2: Wow, I can say, well, sing I'm already taken for the night. I gotta serve. Yeah yeah, yeah, Well hopefully people can read between the lines on that one. Yeah, Taylor Slick, that's right, Okay. And then well, Paulina and I have to give a speech.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to do speeches at the rehearsal dinner, not the I don't think no speeches at the wedding. Wow, maybe one speech or two.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're the parents.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I haven't really run this by Robbie, so we're going to figure that out. But I feel like speeches every time i've I've I've listened to like a myriad of speeches. I lose my buzz and she's really worried about I'm really worried about I'm really worried about people maintaining their buzz.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What that strikes me is weird, but it's not part of my.
Speaker 1: World, so really, I know, But like, you want to keep the part of the.
Speaker 4: Speeches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't like the energy. I just want I don't want the end energy to like, once you sit down your seat for thirty minutes, you're done for. So I want to keep people up.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, no sitting in this wedding.
Speaker 1: No, no, you better get those heels polished off because they're going to be put to work.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well there you have it. Do we have a date yet?
Speaker 1: Not officially?
Speaker 3: Are you down to options like two or three options?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, March is in there, marches in play, May is in play, March in May, March in May, spring wedding.
Speaker 2: That's right, if you do it the same weekend of Ali and jojok.
Speaker 1: You Actually I don't think I will because I think it's Mother's Day weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh that y'all are looking up?
Speaker 1: No, that's that's wasn't there's like May tenth, eleven something like that.
Speaker 2: No, theirs was the eighteenth.
Speaker 1: Oh well so it feels like a lucky day.
Speaker 2: No, this is the fourteenth. Sorry, yeah, I think it's yeah, JoJo's was the fourteenth. Alleys was the eighteenth?
Speaker 1: Okay yeah, same same same area area.
Speaker 2: Well, anyways, that's very exciting. Glad we got some insight on the wedding. Finally, we're gonna take a break and we have a dear bonya question, so we'll be right back. Tanya, Who're going? She was like, you never talked about going to Lallapalooza. What would you like to talk about it?
Speaker 1: I mean, you've never gone before. It's a big days ac festival. What are you doing? What are you wearing?
Speaker 2: I'm going with.
Speaker 3: The big one. I think, are you going with?
Speaker 2: Che Ley saved it for the end. I'm going with Chase Bank Actually.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool.
Speaker 2: I'm a Chase girl, me too, through and through since high school?
Speaker 1: Me too.
Speaker 2: My first ever car and so.
Speaker 1: Loyal high school. I think I got mine in college.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like right in that area. Anyways, So I'm going with Chase and Ali's going with me, and we are going. I've never been, so I was like asking questions. I don't know what the I'm assuming it's hot everywhere, but I was curious about the humidity and apparently it's extremely humid and muggy in Chicago.
Speaker 1: Really, and I.
Speaker 2: Asked if it was like Coachella, and they're like, it's way more casual than Coachella.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like chiller lots of walking, gonna bust out the hookahs, no, no.
Speaker 2: No stuff. I like, will suffer through your beauty over so much, the beauty over pain or what is it you your beauty over comfort?
Speaker 1: Yes, and I'm comfort over beauty yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ali too. Yeah, it's a thing.
Speaker 1: It's a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I will sacrifice my feet.
Speaker 4: For the Look are you doing all four days?
Speaker 2: No? Just Friday and No? Yeah, Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 3: Are you excited to see? I have the good question?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So the problem is the person I'm most excited to see is on Thursday.
Speaker 3: So you're not gonna see Stallionparone chapelone.
Speaker 1: Yes, on Friday and Saturday. Who are you excited to see?
Speaker 2: Let me look at the lineup, because I well, I had people, and then I realized that a lot of them were on Thursday.
Speaker 3: I would be excited to see The Killers on Saturday. That would be great.
Speaker 2: The Killers.
Speaker 3: Killers are gonna be fun, that is Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna miss Blink one too.
Speaker 4: And Melanie Martinez.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you know my my friend Dez was on the voice with Melanie Martinez. Really yeah, well yeah, so I'm excited to see Sis. Actually Friday Night. I do love herne rap. Yeah, No, I'm excited. I think it's gonna be a vibe like I'm this might be the new festival that's on my doable of choice festival choice. Oh wow, So I'm really excited. Still don't know what I'm gonna wear, thank you see, but it'll be fun. I'm we'll see how I'm feeling after I choose beauty over comfort.
Speaker 1: You should go to one of Juliana Ransick's restaurants in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, just let me know which one.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's called our PM Steak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember that when they promoted that when it first opened.
Speaker 3: All right, now, now that you don't have the line up in front of you, we're going to play a game.
Speaker 2: Oh I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give you an artist. Do you tell me if this is an actual artist at Lallapaloos your attending or an artist that we completely made up.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you one thing. I just looked at the list and I didn't know a whole lot of them.
Speaker 3: So here we go, real or made up? Post sex nachos? Is that a real band or somebody we made up?
Speaker 2: It feels made up.
Speaker 3: That is a real band. Bring Sunday at Oh.
Speaker 1: You're gonna miss them anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm not going to see them unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Next up, Chump Daddy.
Speaker 2: It's giving made up.
Speaker 3: That is made up. Okay, Generous Dollop.
Speaker 2: That's giving made up.
Speaker 3: Also made up, Papaul Rod, he feels real, real, very good game. Medium build that feels real, that is real, legitimately, Maple Sticky.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go made up that is made.
Speaker 3: Good, very good. That's that's good. I think we're good.
Speaker 2: Oh better than I thought.
Speaker 3: Excellent that game.
Speaker 2: Dear Bonya, Mark take it away.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 3: What's it dear bonya question? Everyone, let's see what our answer is to this one. As a single, no kids, thirty something, I found I'm struggling with loneliness and disconnection from my friends. My friends all have kids. I have lost connection with them. I love children, and I get that balancing act, kids, family, work, et cetera. Can be a lot. But how can I keep these friendships alive if I invite them to my house? Well, I have a small home that's not babyproofed. I can't invite myself to their house. I've tried meeting up for a meal out with small children. But I felt like my friends were more stressed keeping up with the kids and keeping them occupied than enjoying catching up. And it was soul crushing. And it suggestions from those with no kids mark and it suggestions as a parent. I don't mind seeing them less, but at this point I'm seeing them once or twice a year.
Speaker 2: This is interesting, yeah, because there's a part of me that feels like that might be what you get out of them is seeing them a couple times a year where you have their full attention, especially if their kids are young. Like I just think there's gonna be a season of life where you're just not going to have them like you used to. Yeah, And I think that you'll get to point where y'all catch up and it feels more like normal because the kids won't be as like demanding of their attention and time. But there's also this part of me that feels like you have friends that will be in your life forever. But there's also friends that are there for like a season, and that you meet at a time where you really needed them. And I think this might be a season where you have new people come into your life that are on the same page as you and can give you the same amount of energy and time that you can give them. And I don't think your friends can do that for you right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's weird. I mean I think it's hard because I think everybody deals with it in a different way. I have friends who have had kids and fully just fallen off the face of the earth, like they are just completely mia and like that's fine, you know what I mean, Like that's what they're choosing to do, and like you have to just give people grace to just do what they need to do. There's only so much you can say, Hey, can we get a meal together, Hey can we make some time? You know what I mean before you get the hint, right. But then I also have people that I know that had kids and are like very present and they just like bring the kid and then can still be fully engaged in conversation. And so I think if, like if your friends are the kind that are not really coming around making plans, I think maybe Becka's advice is right, and like maybe you should make some new friends who are in the same season of life as you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I I realize that all of my friends. I feel like y'all are all going to be pregnant and going into this like new season of life at the same time. But I have other and I'm gonna be so excited to be a part of that with y'all. But I know that things will change, you know, like there will be a difference in like your availability and time and like capacity. And so it's like knowing that I have friends that are in the same season of life as me also brings me comfort knowing that, like, once that season happens, I'm not going to be like, where are my friends? I don't have this can anymore, because it's just gonna be a shift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think like it was already a shift for me because I have two step kids, and so when we have fifty to fifty percent custody of the kids, and when we have them, we try to be very present and with them on the nights that we have them, so I try not to like make plans, So that has already kind of shifted my time and my availability. So I kind of already have like a little bit of a taste of it. But I do feel like a baby is like a whole nother yea ballgame.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask Mark because I feel like Mark and Easton. I feel like Easton. You probably have friends who have had children and have felt that shift, and then you, as the other side of things, have the kids and have probably watched the shift in like your time and the energy at some point. So I'm curious about you guys.
Speaker 3: So first, because I'm quick, I got good news and bad news. The bad news is this is a losing battle. The good news is it's not going to last until the kids are eighteen. This is only gonna last for a couple of years. When the kids are like three or four, it's gonna be a lot easier to schedule time with them, especially once they start school. Once they start school, then then they might be more free for lunches and that sort of thing. But for right now, I don't think this is happening. And the other bad news is our best friends lived in the valley and so we rarely saw them because we're out one thousand oaks and it was a good forty minutes to an hour drive to go see them. Finally they moved out by us, like, oh, finally we get to see you. We still see them maybe two three times a year. So yeah, you're just super busy and that's what happens, and everything else falls by the wayside. So I don't have a rosy picture for you, but like it better than it is now once the kids start school.
Speaker 4: I mean, we definitely have a lot of our friends are having kids right now and we still hang out with them. We see them less and that's fine, and you know, we try to make ourselves available to We'll go meet them at a park or something so they can bring the little brats with them if they want to. I'm just kidding. I love children. We used to, uh we would go see all the Marvel movies and like a big group, and everyone in that group has started having kids. And now it's like just Alison and I and one of the couples. We're going to see Deadpool with the wife like she's coming and the husband's staying home with the child. So you know, just changes and it's fine, and I don't like, we don't. This is what they want to do, you know, so I don't hold it against them. And whenever they want to hang out and down to hang out.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel. I was going to say, don't have resentment towards them because they're living their life. They're choosing the path that they wanted, which was to create a family, and it just it's hard. It's like all of a sudden, they're in charge of keeping this tiny human alive and you know, alive, and it's a lot, and they're tired, and it's like this new season.
Speaker 1: So I know it's so interesting though, because like it's so you do. I base a lot of this stuff off of what I see on Instagram and like the moms that I follow on Instagram, like the new moms with like newborns, and I'm like, oh it visually on social media looks like the kids just like I don't like along for the ride, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so like Brittany and Michael didn't miss a beat. They like go everywhere with Kingston. We go over there and play games like it's very much like they.
Speaker 1: Right, there's like a couple months when you're like in the trenches and then it's like they just bounce. They just bounce back and I don't be bounced back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it depends on the kids. Because also if I'm going out with someone or and I want like quality time and they're like, well, I have to bring the baby, and the baby's like a nightmare and like like crying and like screaming that I'm like, it will catch up another time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I know that's hard.
Speaker 2: Because moms need that outlet as well. But I think if you're a friend and you're looking for that connection with your friend and you're not, like it's said, it's soul crushing. I can't imagine waiting and then you finally get that time with your friend and it's like they can't even pay attention to you, but they're having to give their you know. Yeah, I think it's just hard. So I think you find people that are in the same season as you, because I think you're going to crave that quality time and attention that you give a friendship, and I don't think you're gonna get it from your friends who have like little babies right now.
Speaker 3: Slow pulp real band or made up band?
Speaker 4: Slow pulps Pul's real? It is real?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Twenty four Roads.
Speaker 2: To Tuesday, Oh, that's for sure real.
Speaker 3: That's made up? Okay, water made up?
Speaker 2: Probably I'm gonna go real it is real.
Speaker 1: Geese Geese, oh Geese.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love their song Bread real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are real. How about the Worry Club?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Yeah, they're real.
Speaker 3: Avocado fam Oh they're not. They're made up. Yeah, alien stylists, they're real, they're made up. Oh the Last Dinner Party, that's real.
Speaker 2: That is real, Like I've heard of that one.
Speaker 1: Actually, this is so wild the names.
Speaker 2: That's all for today.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: But but we do have a Thursday episode.
Speaker 1: Oh tell me about it, becha.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited because we are having Becca Moore on the podcast. Becca is a TikToker, She's hilarious, and she is recently announced that she's dating Shannon Beveridge, who was on our podcast a few months ago. And I'm so excited to talk to her. We have a very similar.
Speaker 1: Path in our and similar names, the same name, so similar, so similar, it's the same.
Speaker 2: So we'll be talking to her this Thursday. And that's that.
Speaker 1: We love you, We love you, We love you like so much, so much.
Speaker 2: And we hope you have the best week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and stay healthy, please, everybody.
Speaker 2: This is stay healthy.
Speaker 1: I'm serious. Whatever's go around is pretty wild. Tawny the other day she asked if I could come early because she was like, all my clients are sick. I was like, damn, damn, you infected them.
Speaker 2: I imagine going around the city with her virus.
Speaker 1: Anywhoy