Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 1: It's just you.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson Animal and Podcast recap. I guess what's so darn funny? One of them productions? Oh love productions. I heeart.
Speaker 4: Nobody knows book, nobody knows what we go through.
Speaker 3: We don't know the things I make you do.
Speaker 1: We uh, we're gonna, We're gonna recap Episode seventeen, Season five, Pulp Friction.
Speaker 3: Can I say that if anyone ever doubts your love and devotion for this show, they shouldn't thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Danielle Romo, the Queen.
Speaker 5: The Queen, the Queen, Amy Sugarman, the Queen of Queens, not the Queen, Tara SuDS soon to be Queen.
Speaker 3: And me King of Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 1: And I think we are ready to do some synopsisisations of this this episode.
Speaker 3: Did everyone bring their ribbons back? To return their ribbons?
Speaker 6: I just want to make sure.
Speaker 1: How to try Queen? Then I took it back, poor Lulu.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, all right?
Speaker 6: This is season five, Episode seventeen, Pulp Friction, Air date March eighth, two thousand and five. An agreement to only d casually inspires Rory to attend a party with one of Logan's friends. After she spies on Logan with another girl, Kirk asks a weary Luke for relationship advice. Michelle's game show prize arrives as Lorli and Suki prepared to guide a magazine writer around the inn.
Speaker 3: May I offer one question thought, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 3: The costumes at the cult fiction Quentin Guarantino unbelievable.
Speaker 1: And the depiction of that famous dancing scene Trevolt and Uma Thurman, the way they did it.
Speaker 3: Looked exactly like it amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean, they choreographed that thing beautifully, and Tank and the actress who played Uma Thurman. It was brilliant. The moves were just perfect.
Speaker 3: It wasn't even the focus like it was, but it wasn't, do you know what I mean? Like the background things happening, and the costumes that all those people were in just as minor, minor characters.
Speaker 1: They really recreated that moment. It was just super cool. It was one of the coolest Gilmore moments I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: I agree like this episode.
Speaker 1: A lot of fun.
Speaker 3: It's the one part of the movies that I love sorry about Sorry to the movies, sowet it Scott overall, what do you feel about this episode? Just kind of like your overall take, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I gotta tell you, you know, and we'll get into it. I think that the Winnebago stuff was really dragging it down. It was the same. It was like beating a dead horse. The joke didn't work to begin with, and they kept going back to it.
Speaker 6: I agree.
Speaker 1: I was happy to see more of Michelle, but.
Speaker 3: Misused.
Speaker 1: I believe, Yes, I agree with you. There it was. It was just.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, it's good, not great, Like it's not bad in any way. It's it's a good episode, maybe even a very good episode, but it's not. It's not phenomenal.
Speaker 1: It seemed long. I thought it was a double episode. I thought it was like, you know, I'm because I'm going to tell the listeners here that I was late. I hadn't. I forgot to watch this episode before a podcasting half hour before podcasting. It is forty forty two minutes to watch an episode, so they had to wait for me about fifteen minutes to finish the episode. I appreciate that, thank you, because I know your schedules are really tight in here. I am being mister casual. Oh, I forgot to do today.
Speaker 3: You usually watch it the night before, and.
Speaker 1: I have I do. I watched it the night before and then I watch it the day of because I want to get a double shot.
Speaker 3: It's my fault because I sent you four hundred and twelve texts last week.
Speaker 1: You did did what we were texting about.
Speaker 3: We were just going on, well it's in the weeds, but we were going on and on because the the strike is going to impact us a little bit with guests, so we.
Speaker 1: Are sitting out all of our ideas, all idea, so texting, idea, texting.
Speaker 3: So I was flooding him with text when he normally would be watching the show.
Speaker 1: So apologies, you know, just so I spaced on it today thinking I had already seen the episode for some reason. So anyway, you all gracefully waited for me. I appreciate that, thank you, and I hope it didn't put a crimp in your schedule. But I just kept waiting for it.
Speaker 3: To look at my hair. I had more time on my hair.
Speaker 1: Thank you, And it looks and it's just lovely, lovely.
Speaker 6: Yes, I was for once like proud of Rory, Like, yes, I never am. I'm always so annoyed by her, and in this episode I was like, oh, like you go girl, like finally, thank God?
Speaker 3: Like geez, wait, Tara and Danielle, before we get into the details, what was your overall take on this episode?
Speaker 6: That was it? Finally Rory? I don't know, is doing something a little bit right, although at the end you can recognize that she's getting into some hot water. But at least in the beginning part of the episode, I was like, you know what, I'm proud of you, girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like this Rory.
Speaker 6: Standing up for herself and not letting him.
Speaker 3: You know, it would have been amazing if she did what was right for all the right reasons. But she did what was right to play the game, which is just as you said, going to get her.
Speaker 6: That is a very valid point. But we all know that Rory likes him, so it's like, yeah, she's going to play the game, you know what I mean. Like at this point, like that gig is up, but like at least she's.
Speaker 3: Like, the is up?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 3: God? Is the jig is up? Not the gig is a.
Speaker 1: It could be either or you can say the gig is up for the g Yes, what what? What did you think?
Speaker 2: I kind of agree with Scott that I think the the Michelle stuff kind of just like I wanted to get through it. I didn't mind the Kurt stuff, but I just could have done without the Winnebago and all that storyline. But the rest of it I enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Because you know, Michelle is delivering the goods. He can deliver anything, and for things to be falling a little flat with the Winnebago stuff, then you know, like maybe the material isn't up to par.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's a random it did, right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right? When was he in California and he went on prices? Right? And then he's trying to act like he wasn't on prey like it was just all like and it was a lot. I think Michelle wins with those zingers, yes, whereas I think he had pages of dialogue and it was like we just weren't used to that.
Speaker 1: Maybe right, right, So let's go through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, you can ask you a question because coming off of what Danielle is saying, m hm, as a man, playing hard to get doesn't work. Being hard to get works, correct.
Speaker 1: Well, you can't care the only people that play that are hard to get are people that don't care because you can't play at it because the other you know, then you get hit in the face with her seeing another guy, and you start acting like Logan acted. You know, you have a breakdown. You have a mental breakdown.
Speaker 3: And vice versa. I think she's going to get in hot water because she's not She went with him for mixed reason.
Speaker 1: In shakespeare in terms, he was hoisted upon his own petar.
Speaker 3: Oh, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: That means uh uh she uh. He threw her up on the rack and and she got off the rack and threw him right up on the scene. You didn't like.
Speaker 3: It, He sure did. That's gonna be the most interesting part of this conversation. And I think, but the ribbons are coming home? What do you think everyone's returning their ribbons?
Speaker 2: Because I thought it was funny because they were in on it this time.
Speaker 6: I'm currently still wearing my blue one. So that's where I stand.
Speaker 3: What I love about Gilmore Girls is that they brought this bit back. It was sort of a C or a D storyline, but yet very amusing a few episodes back, and that it's the what is that called you know, in comedy that's a callback. So it's a callback, and it's like it was subtle, but I'm like, you know what, that's what draws me in, like I'm in this world because they do things like that. So that was my take on it.
Speaker 1: I also really liked the Kirk scenes with Luke and Luke Steiner the fatherly ad. You know, I guess you wouldn't call him the father but an uncle like uncle Luke.
Speaker 3: To brother Lee. I think you're like a older brother to him.
Speaker 2: Like we've put a lot of those this season. I like it.
Speaker 1: I like I like that chemistry with with Kirk, I really do, totally. Those are so polar opposite, you know.
Speaker 8: It's just it's funny you say that because you know, when you think of Gilmore Girls, right, you think of Luke and LAURAAI probably first, Rory and LAURAAI.
Speaker 3: First, you think of Emily and Richard. You think of the Gilmore Girls relationship with Richard and Emily, but really Luke and Kirk are a prominent relationship.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: That's it kind of feels. I mean, it's definitely different, but like Jess and Luke, you know, like that was definitely a relationship. But this feels a little bit more lighthearted than that, you know, like more like little brother, big brother, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like like Luke is not so invested in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, it's almost like you're so irritated by it, but you're not going to leave that guy hanging. No, you're putting up the chair, you're taking down the chair, you're sitting in it. You're telling this guy buddy. It's like it's like a weird best friend, like you're his best friend even though he's not yours. Do you know what I mean is it's real, real cute. I also just thought it was even though it was so like, my gosh, is Kirk trying to get Lulu's pink ribbon. She wants to keep it and he's there fustling and he comes into their sweater. I literally was like, good lord.
Speaker 1: That was a bit of a depiction of some type of violence against Lulu. I mean he ripped the sweater off her. I mean, how did he get it? Was mikes like geez, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. I also thought that seem so funny. She comes in, they're so cute. They kiss, and then he says says, you bring an enemy coffee cup in here on the day of our reconciliation.
Speaker 6: Why is she doing that though, Like leave the Weston's coffee back at home or throw it away.
Speaker 2: So the drink she got was so elaborate. True, it was like a mocha something.
Speaker 1: Caramel swirl.
Speaker 3: I do love that they're right back in it. We don't have to deal with like like any kind of bumps into getting back together road.
Speaker 6: It's like they're just that wasn't weird anybody?
Speaker 1: Yes, it was.
Speaker 6: It was weird to me.
Speaker 1: You know. It's like it really did a talk right right. It needed more tension. It was too quick back to normal. But I guess that's what they both wanted. But it's isn't it a little odd to see them together together?
Speaker 6: There's so much turmoil, Like literally.
Speaker 1: I always have tension. There's that's what we thrive on. That's why we It's like careful giving the fans what they want because now they have it, and now it's it's it's it's well, it's definitely a different color and yay, right, But they may have been able to milk this for a couple of more seasons.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's one episode in between last episode and this episode that's missing, and it's a Luke and Loralay episode where they're just like, Hey, this is what's gonna happen now, you know, like we're giving this another shot.
Speaker 6: This is what's gonna happen. This is what we're gonna do, and let's try it again. Like I that was missing because like all of a sudden, you saw the bear hug kiss the episode before you jump right into the diner and kiss, kiss, kiss, lovey, lovey lovey. It's like, what.
Speaker 3: Although we did get two moments in this episode, the awkward date pickup because he's like, oh's come to the door, but she's trying to come out, you know, he's trying to be really the perfect girl, and yeah a little bit. And then we do get the scene with Emily that I thought really solidified for right now it's Luke and Loralai against the world, specifically Emily.
Speaker 1: They really, you know, to to comment on Danielle's point that I agree with I would have and this scene may be coming, and maybe it's coming. I maybe we filmed it and I don't remember it, but I think this was also an opportunity to get them talking in a scene where they both agree to just sort of like not be together and let the detonation of the Emily bomb color the remainder of the season right part. So there's an extra tension going into season six.
Speaker 3: There's seventeen eighteen, nineteen twenty five, because imagine you've only got six left.
Speaker 1: Imagine those two coming together and really sitting down and having a real heart to heart and him really spelling it out and her listening, and you know, both accepting that, hey, this isn't gonna work. Because imagine what that would do to the fans, because then we could we could have another big wave of build up right into season six, and then geez man.
Speaker 6: The reconciliation was too easy. It was too easy. And and like I understand wanting them back together and Amy, I know you like love that, but for me, I'm like, that's not real life, Like you know, like you don't just like don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess maybe sometimes I know it's not real life, but I feel like it's very Loreli, Like she doesn't like huh dragging, Like she kind of moves on very quickly. So that's I think why I thought it was.
Speaker 6: She wanted it to be but not Luke, like Luke literally still has like tension with his sister, you know, like who has like literally come back in the picture like ten times, like kissing his feet, and he's still like, you're annoying, it's not realistic.
Speaker 1: So we're ratcheted up for the first cup four seasons with you know, her dating other guys, and then we cut to Luke and he's like, you know, giving a look, and it's like wow, wow, wow. Imagine the conflict they could have created if they did this again after they had the big heart to heart and they decided to break up for real and it was the whole thing in the in the town everybody was talking about. And then she starts dating again and then he's he's reliving that whole storyline again, but even on a deeper level. And imagine the conflict they could have coming back together again.
Speaker 3: Do you all think they could have gone okay, so say that we have this conversation where some of the angst was removed and they were going to not be together, but they're going to be friends again. Do you think they even could have gone back to that like where she she didn't have to go to Weston, she would come back into Luke's diner and they're they're pals, and he comes over with his tool box and fixes her door. But they're not together. Is that even possible?
Speaker 2: I think it would take a very long time to even kind of get there, but probably not the same as what we're used to sing.
Speaker 1: Well, you could do. Here's one solution to that, And that's interesting that you bring that up. One solution to that is there could be so much tension and humor between those two inside the diner that he decides to just sell it and leave it out. Right, look at the reaction, right and she and then he's an escrow, and then she shows up and then they have another.
Speaker 3: Escar.
Speaker 1: TJ's the real estate agent. Right, TJ becomes a real estate agent and represents Luke, And he's saying that scarrow, But they could have done so much. They could have toy. They could have really layered this and layered it, layered it.
Speaker 6: Oh man, Yeah, I'm weirdly just not satisfied that they're just back together.
Speaker 3: And and I guess if we're talking about it, let's keep talking about it. So what did you think of their cute date? He bought the he picks her up. They go on this date and you know, they they plan their date and they have this date and he's all handsome and cute and picks her up in the truck and she sees the reggae c D. And the whole kind of bit plays out when he says, well, that's different songs. It's like, I actually thought that date was quite cute, and I thought the awkwardness was quite uh realistic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like that she was like getting a new dress for it, Like I thought it was cute.
Speaker 3: And she's so nervous. It's too slutty, it's too sparkly. It's you know, she was very first date nervous.
Speaker 7: Again.
Speaker 1: You know what the issue is is now that they're together, they need their own show. You want more of it, not less of it.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that's why we were little irritated by the Winnebago, because it's like, can you just get me back to the right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, also move the winnibago, Like, well that's my thing.
Speaker 3: The street.
Speaker 1: Really, there's got to be one person in that town that has had her back up and win a bag. I give me a break.
Speaker 3: Well, and it's an inn. No one's ever come there in a Winnebago. There's got to be parking, they have horses.
Speaker 6: Put it in a stable. I don't know, just like get it out of there, like it's not that.
Speaker 3: Hard, all right, Let's segue to Rory and Logan. So right after the opening scene, we jumped over to Yale, and Rory and Logan are clearly on the cutest date and they've gone to like a play, and then we learned that Logan's mom plays canasta with somebody that that Rory loves, which I couldn't figure out who that was.
Speaker 1: Tony Kushner, who wrote Angels in America won multiple time.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, thank you. The knowledgeable one here. And they go in and they break into the cafeteria, which I thought was very logan and kind of dangerous, but I liked it. And she still leaves the money for the Coco pust. I know, you guys don't want to hear it, but I love them. I think it's adorable and everyone's gonna hate me with my whole take on this episode, but like cute.
Speaker 1: I did love them. And now there's real cracks in the armor, in the Logan armor.
Speaker 2: I like that scene, though I thought it was very It showed there like who they really are. Like he's like, oh, we can break in. My parents give this school so much money, and she's still leaving the five dollars bill or whatever.
Speaker 3: And that's why I don't understand why they have this dumb open relationship, because they clearly are like super into each other. The whole fact that they have to date other people is so dumb. Which we'll get to the scene where he's with the girl and it's just so painful. Oh, but they're so cute and he kisses her everywhere and all the time, and they clearly like each other.
Speaker 2: And I noticed that because he also kisses her in public all the time, Like it's not like he's trying to hide it.
Speaker 1: That's mark in his territory.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what we talked about last episode.
Speaker 3: But then it's even worse when he's canoodling with that other girl.
Speaker 2: Oh, I because now we actually see the other.
Speaker 1: I can't decide what he is now. I'm confused. Now is he's just a guy who wants a harem and if he loses control of one of his harem, he gets really nervous about it and then starts kind of meltdown or she really in love with her. I think he's to play it. He's just too young and naive and he thinks he can get with this stuff.
Speaker 3: Do you there.
Speaker 6: I think it's a little bit of both. I think he's young and naive and and you know, all that kind of stuff, and he does actually like her, But I also think he is used to getting what he wants and he's not getting what he wants, so he is like uber like.
Speaker 3: He's that guy like he doesn't like it.
Speaker 6: He doesn't like that, he that he's not in control of that situation.
Speaker 1: It was unappealing. It was real, and that's how you react, but it was unappealing. It was uncomfortable to simpler, the deconstruction of a character that they build up to be this. And I think that's what they do so well as they make you feel one way, and you know, I was tricked, and Amy's been tricked, and a lot of the fans have not been tricked. They smelled a rat right away.
Speaker 3: He's just mister popular. Everyone likes him. He's got the money, he's got the smarts, he's so funny, he's charming, and he I think he thinks he doesn't want to settle down, but I don't think he knows that what he actually wants.
Speaker 1: I just, you know, from an acting point of view and from a storytelling point of view, whether it's a novel or a film or a TV show, I love those guys. I personally love characters that never break. We never see them break, even though we never full of you know what, we don't see them break because we're It gets me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what's underneath. And that is a brilliant trick on how to play a character, how to lay a character. And now you know the mask is off and it's yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's what I was going to ask you. So you feel he broke a bit at the end, he broke.
Speaker 1: A lot so much and it was just.
Speaker 3: Ri I pyes, no, I'm not giving up on I'm not giving up on Logan. So okay, so get to go continue that. But we go back to he's just a kid, He's just a He's just he is that guy. We all know that guy. So we go to the inn and we see flowers and all this hubbub and cookies and cakes, and we learn the inn has been named one of the top ten inns in Connecticut, which they really glossed over.
Speaker 1: But that's like major, how many there must be a lot of inns in Connecticut?
Speaker 2: Really, But I think that's what I think, that's what should have been more of a storyline than the Winnebago because even like you saying it back, I'm like, oh, yeah, I forgot that happened.
Speaker 3: Like I agree, I actually would have enjoyed that more. Yeh and Suki and Lorli and even Michelle like preparing the inn, and they like gloss over the fact that, like because of the Winnebago, they don't get to shoot the outside of the inn, Like that's bananas, right, It wasn't necessarily It's like funny, you.
Speaker 1: Have an actress of the caliber Melissa McCarthy, and this is how you use her in this episode?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: I think I think I think they missed on a couple of different They haven't been developing storylines or utilizing supporting characters or main supporting main characters and mean supporting characters in an effective way.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 3: We get this whole monologue about the coffee bean and tea leaf on sunset, and he gives the snow Globe and he's just not that into your book. And the Farmer's market and the price is right, and like for a person from La the callouts were pretty good because there is a coffee bean on sunset and the farmer's market is literally right where you line up for prices, right, Like that was totally accurate. But I just was like, I don't care. Yeah, yeah, like not to be mean, and like there's a whole.
Speaker 1: What's I got to do with Gilmore girls? You're taking it and taking a two out of stars Hollow without being out of Star's Hollow, So what's.
Speaker 3: The point, right, there's the Bob joke. What's this Bob Barker joke? Pick me Bob, I k neutered my dog and Nichola Chey's teeth guy, And I just was like I don't I don't care.
Speaker 2: But even like you said earlier, Amy, like when did he go to California? Like it wasn't even like it just seemed like a random storyline that they added in.
Speaker 3: Like did they owe a Winnebago plug? Like what was going because like why and I'm not look, don't come at me. I actually really there's a lot of good things in this episode, but I did sort of have somewhere. I'm like, they didn't care about this. I'm like trying to sell the Winnebago. I really don't care. Move it away, take it down to the you know wherever.
Speaker 1: I think I think we can just sort of close the book on the Winnebago. There's more in here that we can then.
Speaker 3: I love that Lorala heads over to Luke's for lunch. I thought that was very cute and she they have the cell phone bit and she puts the the speed dial, which is great because that come that's a callback and the vibrating joke and that was all very cute. That was great, and uh the boys and berry pie and that was all great and no complaints.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm mm hmmm. Uh but yeah, no, yeah, I like the cell phone stuff with Luke because you know, it's so he's so anti cell phone.
Speaker 3: Totally well and it's so funny in all if you dig in when you're doing your Gilmart Girl's research, They note that Luke actually used his cell phone in this episode in the diner.
Speaker 1: To use cell phones in the diner, Yeah, And.
Speaker 2: I felt like the sign was in like way more scenes this time. No cell phone.
Speaker 3: All that was cute. And then I Love Rory's in the car and she's on the phone and she's wearing that pink coat again. That pink coat got two. She wore the pink coat on the date for the play. And then she's and we're going to Friday Night her, which I actually was sort of like, Oh, okay, what's going to happen? How is she going to treat Emily? And it seems she's not as brutal, but she's certainly not warm.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we didn't get to see the dinner.
Speaker 3: No, that was interesting too, right, We got sort of the come in the door, the drinks, but I.
Speaker 1: Think I think we get to really see Emily how ugly Emily can be. I thought this was a very really harsh episode for her. I mean, she really revealed how how ugly she she can be. I mean, she referred to luc as what I mean, she had some horrible adjectives. She used the imbecile, that's mean, referred to too mean, and it's just you know, she was ranting and raving again and I mean, even listen, I will tolerate all of the Winnebago and the misuse of Suki and Melissa to get to that final scene in the diner tells her to shut up. That was a home run scene. I mean that was a big scene. But I also love the scene where Emily shoes the maid away she's going to fire her because when she's so sad a place setting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was really right.
Speaker 6: I found it interesting that she thought Lorla was coming one.
Speaker 2: I did too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, that to me, proves that she's delusional. She does that there's a part of her that is completely oblivious to how other people feel and especially about her, So she doesn't she's not She doesn't see how her very powerful and very definitive behavior against her own family members is affecting anybody else. I mean, she just doesn't seem to. It doesn't register her.
Speaker 6: It is interesting. It is interesting because the one thing I like thought about when I was watching this episode is although it feels like Emily's, you know, in the last episode, like okay, you guys won, like you guys be together, you know, like giving Lurlai her way, it's really not. It's it's Emily doing something else just to get her way, which is to get Laura and Maury in her life. She's not doing this for Laura l I to be with Luke, you know what I mean, Like it was just kind of like it, I don't know, very.
Speaker 3: Benefit, yeah is the word. She's never like altruistic, she's never just doing it for the good of doing it.
Speaker 6: Yeah. She's not doing it because, oh, Lourla loves Luke, you know. No, she's doing it because she wants to have LAURAAI and Rory in her life. But she was very bad. I wasn't expecting her to be so bent out of shape that Laura I was.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's the question. This is something that when I feel that something is being forced upon me, then I have to question it. And I think they cut the dinner out. They cut the dinner scene out just to get to the Richard and Emily scene about Luke is an imbecile and maybe he didn't understand what you were saying. No, I spelled it out, Richard, that imbecile. Well, there's two possibilities, Emily, either he didn't get it, or that he tried and they just didn't get back together and said So it was all like this spoon fed kind of exposition where it's like, oh, now, She's all set up to go back into Luke's diner and do that scene, and it just seemed very, very forced. It didn't seem like sophisticated, intelligent people having a conversation.
Speaker 3: It's interesting you bring that up because we so rarely get a scene with the two of them like that after the dinner.
Speaker 1: I don't know that we've yeah this sort of this arch kind of scheming and sort of imbecile, and he didn't get it, and you got to go back.
Speaker 3: In read that's what I'm reading right right. It's like, huh, there was something interesting about that scene in that it was happening and we don't We saw something we normally never see because we usually follow Rory and lore Lie out the door, so we rarely see what happens maybe once with Richard and Emily after a Friday night dinner. So there was something to me that I'm like, well, that's amusing, but I think you're right it was so it was too mean.
Speaker 1: It wasn't there was no emotional logic to it. There was this sort of forced logic to it. There was story forced story logic, like we have to get how do we get her into the diner how do we get her back into the diner?
Speaker 3: Right, and just that they would think that they're not back together. It never occurs to them, Oh no, they're back together, but they still don't want to be around you, Emily, although there was one funny line in that scene and I.
Speaker 1: Goose for.
Speaker 3: Goose for four people wasteful, But yeah, I mean, Scott, I think you're right. There's sort of maybe one of the reasons we're feeling this episode like good but not perfect. It is because there's all these sort of like things that were like, well, wait, why do they do that scene? And they're so mean? And what's with the window bagel? There's just a sort of some something a little off.
Speaker 1: Maybe we're a tough crowd, aren't we. We're Monday morning quarterback and every day of the week.
Speaker 3: So there, okay. So then lorlyon Ry go shopping and that is and which was important because they needed to go shopping so that we could then see Logan with the girl. And it was jarring for me, even though I've seen it.
Speaker 1: I was like, and there again another forced situation where it's like he just happens to be across the street having lunch the girl.
Speaker 2: I actually didn't think that one was forced, because he has talked about like not being just committed to Rory and now we actually got to see it.
Speaker 3: But what are the odds are going to be on the one street he's also on. But I guess it's a small world. Yeah, but it jarred me.
Speaker 6: I wrote, oh, yeah, they were just like together. It was like they were like together.
Speaker 3: And I wrote yuck. It did not make me feel good. I did not like seeing him and noodling with that girl. And we don't know that he's seen her, but she's definitely seen him. And then we find out in a minute that he sure saw her, and it was just like.
Speaker 6: All lore lives all too Oh.
Speaker 2: She's already not a fan of him.
Speaker 1: But if it wasn't for Logan and his privileged upbringing and his his rules of you know, of an open relationship, she wouldn't have forced herself to go with Robert and expand her horizons and feel her power, right, you know, and and grow a little. So we can thank Logan for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we get this, Yeah, we get comes. So we have that scene in the newsroom where Logan comes over to Rory and she's cold, she's definitely cold at first, and he's sort of dipping his toe in, like how's this gonna go? And he says, did you see me on State Street? And she's like, I did, which are we?
Speaker 1: No? He knew, he knew that.
Speaker 2: She's oh, I know, but just to go up and ask her that, I thought, like another girl.
Speaker 1: It's just this is the scene where he starts losing his cool words, dude, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: He wasn't Logan, because if he was Logan, he would be confident, like, there's no problem because this is our deal. So then all the the sow are we good?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: And she's like, no more sos? Would you take an? Like, it's just I just wrote eeke ouch. I still love him, don't get me wrong. I love him.
Speaker 1: Better make a big comeback here for it?
Speaker 3: I like, because it was cringe tasting, yeah, and I.
Speaker 1: Just you know, maybe that's the word for the episode, cringe test. It was cringed. Oh god.
Speaker 3: And then we'd go, okay, so we I feel like we've definitely talked about the winning Bago enough, so we get the Winnebago. Yeah. Then we get Robert asking out Rory for the birthday, and he actually was sort of quite charming in the way he asked her yeah, and it was like, well, wow, okay, she's in the library he walks up. Oh my, okay, stop. I don't know what she was supposed to do. Did everyone think she did what she should have done?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what you do in college, you know, like, hey, I'm going to this party tonight. You want to roll with? You know, like it was very just like cute college. But also she like totally why are you laughing at me.
Speaker 3: Daniel that I love it. That's how it goes in college. Hey, I'm going, buddy, you want to roll with? Like I think, I'm like, I don't remember how people ask people out. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just remember in college, like you know, like the guys being like, you know, hey, come over before we'll have some drinks and then we'll go to this party. You know, like it's just like fun, casual light. We're not going to seventy five dollars Chinese dinners. You know, Like she's like college.
Speaker 3: And you do date around in college. That is the one thing I will say, whether I'm defending Robert Rory Logan Logever, right, you do date around.
Speaker 6: You do like we had a lot of the parties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. We had a party which I still think I'm scarred by. Where so you would meet your date, whoever your date was at the party. It was sort of like a setup kind of. Maybe it was like a set up your buddy, and you'd be wearing a shirt that would say like, I don't know Luke, and their shirt would say Laura l I. And then you'd find each other and then you took sharpie markers and colored on each other horrible, horrible party color.
Speaker 1: After you did the ad, didn't no no drugs.
Speaker 3: You'd take markers, like actual markers. And the whole point was everyone was wearing these white T shirts, so you'd color on the shirts, but everybody would Your whole face would be oh my god. First of all, when I was a pledge, I was like, please don't color my face. I hate having marks on my face. And then once I wasn't a pledge, it was like, do not touch my face with the pen.
Speaker 6: I did something similar, but it was called a paint party. So you wear white and you go. I don't even know where we were. We could have been in just an open parking lot. You brought a date and there's tables of paint everywhere and just like a DJ, and everyone's just you know, drinking and just throwing paint at each other. You just having your hair and.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm dating myself with this. But my first year in college, it was like every single party we went to was a Rocky Horror Picture show themed party because it was blowing up huge and it was it was like people were dressing up with these characters and going to the theaters at midnight, watching another show at two, getting up on stage. So every single party you went to, it was like there's like twenty Frankenfritters, you know at the park. Yeah, yeah, what is happening?
Speaker 3: For some reason, we had a lot of There was a lot of twenties. I remember really wearing a lot of flapper dresses, Like I.
Speaker 2: Think I had like one flapper dress I wore like six times. Someone always threw or eighties yeah or eighties.
Speaker 3: Oh, anyway, nobody threw a pulp friction, but I sure would have enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: I never you know why I never went to any eighties parties in college because I went to college.
Speaker 6: Because you were in the eighties.
Speaker 3: That was the future.
Speaker 1: That would have been let's do a party four years in the future.
Speaker 3: So does everybody agree, all four of us, that Rory did the right thing by saying yes to Robert asking her to go to the party.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, Yeah, yeah, the only she knew.
Speaker 2: I feel like she knew what she was doing too. I feel like she knew that Logan was going to be there and she's gonna He's gonna see her with another guy, Like I think she kind of just I know, I've done that before. I'm not gonna lie, like, you know, the guy he likes going to be.
Speaker 3: There, totally. My only thing is this is Yale, right? Why is there just one group of kids and Marty? Like that's it, that's the last kids and Marty. But it's true. So I have a friend in college who a guy asked her to a date party knowing that the guy she really they were friends, so I think they were even in Cahoot knowing that the guy she really liked was going to be at the date party. So she fully went with this guy, Jimmy, because the guy she liked was going to be there, so she got to see him, and then they dated and they've been married for thirties. Oh wow, So that's what I'm saying. Rory might be onto something.
Speaker 6: Minus the second half. I did that all the time in college too. I went yeah at the date parties all the time when I liked somebody else. Yeah, you know, like, why not.
Speaker 2: I'm here so you yeah?
Speaker 3: Right. Maybe we're looking at this with forty year old eyes average between all of us, forty year old eyes instead of twenty year old eyes. A twenty year old would say yes to Robert knowing that they fully had the intention of going to make the guy they actually liked either jealous or kiss him that night, which worked. Yeah, maybe she's crazy like a fox.
Speaker 6: I don't think any Rory did anything wrong there.
Speaker 3: And I was proud of her. I know we're jumping ahead that she stayed calm, She wasn't like acting nuts, she was being cool. She still kisses him and then says no, no, like and he wants to get out of there, itches date and take her away, and she's like, no, I came with Robert, Robert Grimaldi.
Speaker 1: I know, a real Grimaldi. That was funny.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what so what would how would you guys have played that? Or did she do the right thing.
Speaker 1: You know why she said Grimaldi, don't you.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't know where she got it.
Speaker 1: It's an Italian house, Italian house at Grimaldi, it's royalty. It's Italian royal.
Speaker 3: Oh so she's just like so she's.
Speaker 1: Like like, I'm dating a bigger fish than you logan like, you know, but she's does it doing been? I mean, it's been hundreds and hundreds of years.
Speaker 3: I love back there because the mom's like, what's his name?
Speaker 9: Robert?
Speaker 3: And then at the party, she's what's your last name? It's his last name? Why do I want to say it's Zimmerman. That's not right? What is his last name? Roberts?
Speaker 1: Robert?
Speaker 3: What is Robert's last name?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: He didn't deliver the line in that episode.
Speaker 1: Say according to Hannah, it's just Robert.
Speaker 3: Oh goodness. So okay, well here, okay, so we do go back. We're going back and forth, right, So we go to the date between Luke and Laura Lai and we're in the truck and I can't even remember what leads up to this.
Speaker 1: I want to comment on on maybe the finest UH run of Dialogue, and the show was delivered by Robert about what's he wants, what he wants to do with his life, and that whole monologue about how he wants to leave the inheritance to a parrot named Steve.
Speaker 3: Or can anybody read that? Can somebody read that?
Speaker 1: I put that up?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, somebody if you can.
Speaker 1: A script and put that up because that was just.
Speaker 3: And while they're looking for it, My favorite line of this whole episode is in the truck while they're finding that one, when Lorelai says something and Luke says, you bet, and it's the way he delivers it. I don't even know, I need to know what she says for his response, and he says, you bet, and it's.
Speaker 1: Just like I remember. I. I love doing those lines because it says everything about how deeply it hurt him and how deeply he feels with hol getting too into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very Luke. Yes, Okay.
Speaker 1: Waitin goal in life is to outlive my brother inherit the family fortune, put all my sisters out on the street and live as frivolously as possible, having numerous wives, thousands of illegitimate children, and die completely alone. And you've every cent sent to a pirate named Polly. I love that this was.
Speaker 3: Like great, I mean really good. Wait, Hannah, and I don't mean to make more work for our producer, Hannah, but can you see if you can find out the line that comes right before they're in the truck and she hates that they spend a chunk of time apart, like she hates it. He's getting a reggae fever CD and she doesn't even know it. And then she says something and he says, you bet, And I just need to know the line that he says, because I was like, swoon, swoon. I love Luke swoon.
Speaker 1: But isn't she lovely that she needs him so much? And she just loves being in there relationship with him. Yes, I hate that we were apart.
Speaker 3: So she says, this is so weird. I mean to think that there's this whole chunk of time when we weren't together. We're living totally separate, just working like crazy, and you were running around buying.
Speaker 1: Reyk CD one CD one oh.
Speaker 3: And then she says all he can say is you're lucky and back in your life, because clearly you were lost without me. I mean, it's a miracle. I can't see that part.
Speaker 6: It's an still alive.
Speaker 3: Oh you're even still alive?
Speaker 7: Right? You bet?
Speaker 3: Oh got you still got it?
Speaker 1: I still got it? You know you know where I got that line reading? Do you know where I got that line reading? My dad?
Speaker 3: Oh swoon, double swoon.
Speaker 1: No, my dad. That's how. That was My dad's attitude. The bigger the moment. He would always go, you bet, oh, yes, that.
Speaker 3: Was well done. So we go to the pulp fiction Friction party. The costumes are amazing. I do think it was weird that Finn kept not knowing who Rory was. I was like, a little bit to me dumb. But what Yeah, uh, Logan's on the couch calling no date. You know, the whole, the whole, all the girls and they're all it's very party college party. It seemed like a fun time, right, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that and like you said, the costumes were great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think parties are fun.
Speaker 3: That would have been rat And I'm not even one for costume party, but that would have been rat. And like Scott said, the recreation of the dance was, oh my god, amazing. So while the parties going on were simultaneously with Luke and Lorelai discovering Kirk naked in the boat well.
Speaker 2: But we also there was one part that I can't remember if we brought it up, but when they were talking about just the banter between Luke and Kirk and like he should live alone, and he was just like, well I asked my mom to leave, is you will leave?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I do? You know what a Salien point? But you know what I just realized, and this is something that happened yesterday too. It's very strange. Luke in his uniform is a superhero. That's his superhero uniform, that backwards baseball cap, that flannel, that is an actual superhero uniform. Because when it's not on, it's a different person. And that's one of the things that was jarring to me is watching this person who is me, who's twenty years younger, without his hat on, and he's dressed in regular clothes and a leather jacket and he's out on a date. It's a whole different experience. You experienced Luke in a much different way, or at least the idea than when he has his superhero uniform on. I mean, it says I think that that Luke costume is his iconic as a I mean, I'm not going to compare it to Batman, but I just kept thinking of Batman, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I see what you're saying. That it gives right when he's in the in the diner outfit, he's more confident. He's that hat gives some power. I kind of equate it to musicians that were sunglasses, like it's like they you can't quite see them for their their truth.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not mad at this analogy.
Speaker 1: And Caesar is Alfred.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad at any of it. So I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 4: Right, And then you know, right, so he is always a little he's not quite as on his game when he's like date Luke or suit Luke is like the most off his game.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh, you know, if you think about like plays in the full suit, I.
Speaker 6: Think it goes mantel Luke, right, the uniform, and then he goes PJ.
Speaker 9: Luke.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to think of what the third thing is.
Speaker 3: Green jacket, the green jacket, green.
Speaker 1: Jacket full that's full superhero.
Speaker 3: I totally agree it's the green.
Speaker 1: Jacket with a flannel underneath. But no, Daniel, the next level under p j Luke is dating Luke casual.
Speaker 6: Dat leather jacket, leather jacket.
Speaker 1: Luke right, and then there is the suit, the suit look, which is the most awkward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not going well. Yeah, so we go back to the party. So there we're dealing with Kirk and they invite him to stay, you know, which was seemed logical and sweet. We go back to the party and this is where Logan, uh those over to talk to Rory, and Logan doesn't even like it. Yeah, doesn't like his friend. He's like, he's a jerk. I hate Robert.
Speaker 1: She unmasked the beast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well said.
Speaker 3: Then we have a so that he kisses her and wants her to go back to your place, my place. Let's just get out of here. I don't like this, you know. So then we go back and I actually really enjoyed the scene with Luke and Lorelai in the kitchen discussing this date. You know, she's looking at her phone.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that okay, Danielle? You think that just to go back to the Logan kiss, Let's get out of here, Let's go to my place. Wasn't that just full on desperation? Yes, and just panicking he was completely panicked, and it.
Speaker 6: Was like I was like, any any lettle coolness you once had is gone gone?
Speaker 1: Is this guy? Is this the real logan? Is that the real guy?
Speaker 6: He's a score me? Like ye laughing because I would have been.
Speaker 3: I'm only laughing because I would have been like, Okay, let's let's get out of here. I love him, and I know she loves him. I'm her she. I mean, it took probably all her strength to be like no, no. I would have been like, good call, let's get out of here. Boom.
Speaker 1: You would have been the one saying the logan lines. I would have logan, come.
Speaker 3: On, let's get out of I get it. I'm logan too. I would have like, get me out of here. I do like Luke and Lorel like discussing it, because Luke is saying all the things that seemed right to say, like wait, who's robber? Like what's going on?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 3: And she's sort of talking about she really only pulls the mom card out when she had to, and now she barely can have a mom card because it's like Rory's gone, like gone, she's cooked, she's she's grown up. There's no mom card to pull.
Speaker 2: I did like that she was having the conversation with Luke though, because Luke is so involved in her life that it goes back to you know, when they walked in on her and Logan like Luke cared because he's seen her grow up, and so it was nice to see them have this conversation.
Speaker 3: Kirk walking out during the middle.
Speaker 1: She has no idea, of course, So.
Speaker 3: Then we get to the din somehow, we're somehow we jump to the diner. I'm not really sure, Like I just.
Speaker 1: I just want to preface this whole discussion of the diner with the Emily coming in and the whole thing with the whole Luke and no cell phone thing, which is iconic, right, Yeah, what a ninja move he pulled with a cell phone. Oh totally. He took it out of his pocket and called so that she could hear, and he just stepped back, leaned back, and.
Speaker 3: He never engage it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's very he's he's good with a cell phone.
Speaker 3: And he's also very good with Emily in the sense that he stands up for himself. You know he does because I think he says look or something, he says something to her, like he's not just like her punching bag, but he never is inappropriate with his girlfriend's mother, despite the fact that Emily is so vile. Yeah, I mean I have to hand I have to give him ten out of ten on just a situation.
Speaker 1: That was a super cool totally as Laura hears that, she comes in and she closes that deal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and yeah to get involved, you know, like Emily's none the wiser.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she comes in just hot, what on earth is wrong with you? And I come in here and humiliate myself and Ma and then she's just Loralai comes in, do us all a favor and shut up?
Speaker 1: Five years of rage, five years of rage coming in putting into that shut up. It was she She just nailed that. That was a man, what a what a scene? You know, who cares if it was forced that she got her in there and all this stuff that was scene was worth it.
Speaker 3: I totally agree. And just as we're all completely by the scene, we take a breath and we get Luke saying, I'm a big fan of the speed dial.
Speaker 2: Oh that was my favorite. That was my favorite line in this episode.
Speaker 3: It was the perfect timing too, because we'd also we had time to sort of exhale and then it's boom.
Speaker 2: But it's like, I just can't believe she came back to the diner. I was like, really, you're coming back.
Speaker 6: In There's something about this scene that I loved, but also it was weird to me, and I can't pinpoint what it is.
Speaker 10: Like.
Speaker 6: I love that Loralai is standing up to Emily and saying like stop, but.
Speaker 1: Like because because because em I'll tell you why it bothers me, it probably bothers me the same way it bothers you. It's because she's smarter than that that the go back in there and be so nakedly evil. There's there's there are other ways to do this. I mean, Emily is supposed to be this intelligence, sophisticated sort of strategic person, you know what I mean. I mean, in order to survive your marriage with a guy like Richard for all those years and vice versa. You know, we're talking about two very clever people who are very good with people, and they're used to getting what they want. And with all her womanly whiles and all of her experience with people, she couldn't figure out how to get Luke to go lor Lie or how to you know, inspire him or induce him to go to lore in some other way than just coming into the diner for the second time being forceful and evil. I mean it was That's what was was off about it.
Speaker 3: She's smart character was.
Speaker 1: So dumb down. It didn't even sound like her.
Speaker 3: And she knows how to clean up a mess, and she wouldn't have made it more of a mess.
Speaker 6: And I think part of me is also like again, you know, like again we're here, yeah, you know what I mean, Like can we be a little bit more creative here? Like I don't know, like all right, a, lore Lie and Emily again are having a blowout, you know, like we saw this at the end of the wedding or the vow renewal. We saw this in season one, you know, like we saw this in the flashbacks when Laura got pregnant. Like it's just the same and I and I just want them to like progress so bad, evolve this.
Speaker 1: Probable, well not possible, possible, but not probable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that would have preferred her to go to Lorelei instead of Luke, Like why not just go, like go knock on your daughter.
Speaker 3: I won't even talk. I mean, right, you make it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm saying, like, I know she won't pick up the phone, but go knock on your daughter's door and have that conversation there.
Speaker 3: Don't go to the again, Well it's so inappropriate, but she did.
Speaker 1: But Emily did think that she was dealing with an imbecile. And yeah, right, so it's like, let's go whip the imbecile into action, right, which.
Speaker 6: Is just a puppet, her little puppet.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine any mother messing with their daughter's relationship. It's just so excruciating.
Speaker 1: Oh, and it's and at thirty what seven years old? She's thirty seven and her mother's still pulling this crap on her. Yeah, like what.
Speaker 3: So bad?
Speaker 1: She's unhinged. I would have to say unhinged.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So then we go from that to the scene that I sort of love and love to hate, and as Danielle mentioned, oof, we're going down a bad old path. So it's lor Lai at the end on the phone with Rory talking about the date with Robert and she shoes all our cards to her mom. Oh, we got logan jealous and I think I've turned things around and we have.
Speaker 6: Two dates this week.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's called me all the time.
Speaker 1: You know, for me, this is a superfluous episode. Scene didn't need it. I thought for sure we would end on mom, shut up bone.
Speaker 3: But they never end on the crescendo. They always give you a little something more. And my thing on this scene is like it's necessary because we see that Rory isn't cool with dating casually, and she isn't actually she's she's not actually cool with any of it, and it's all a it's all a plan to get Logan.
Speaker 6: And she's you can tell Rory is setting herself up for heartbreak.
Speaker 2: Oh also, do you like that? Just a question for everyone? Do you like that Laura I is kind of just listening and not giving feedback or do you wish she would like kind of like tell Rory like, oh well, like what if you did that? Like I don't know, because I.
Speaker 6: Feel like that she's letting her daughter figure it out because she didn't have that growing up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great question though, Tara.
Speaker 2: But I feel like Laurel I is also wondering if she should be saying something because the way, like her mannerism is the way she talks to Rory about Logan, like she wants to say so much, but she's not saying anything.
Speaker 6: Sometimes she does say stuff right, you know, and and she she gives a little a little bit.
Speaker 11: Oh so you know, you guys are having sex, you know, like you know, like the way she delivers it is hesitant and not you know, she's saying something without saying something, and like persuading.
Speaker 6: Her daughter to or manipulate her daughter to do something.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 12: Hi, I'm Chris Harrison, host of the Most Dramatic Podcast Ever. I'm just like you, always looking for something interesting, heartfelt and entertaining to listen to. You know, look, maybe you used to watch a show every Monday night and now you have a lot of time on your hands and you're looking for something new, someone who's here for the right reasons. If you will, I've got you. Listen to the Most Dramatic Podcast Ever on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, it's Jenna Ashwitz and Kevin McHale from and That's what you Really missed Podcasts. We are going through all six seasons of Glee and we are giving you the behind the scenes stories of what it was really like filming the musical numbers and episodes.
Speaker 13: It's been so special to revisit the show that changed our lives with some of our closest friends and to share some of the most authentic and real experiences we had together, completely raw and unfiltered. Plus we chat with our co stars like Jane Lynch, Chris Kolfer, Heather Morris and Berilelly, Harry Shump, Junior court over Street, Josh Susman, Max Adler, Rome Rosemont, John Stamos, Alex Snull and Dot Marie Jones on the pod, and so many more to come. We have some exciting guests coming.
Speaker 10: Up, and we can't forget the behind the scenes crew who made it all happen, our dear friends and literally the hardest working crew in Hollywood, from creators Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan to directors, camera operators, musical directors. We are sharing all of our experiences on Glee.
Speaker 13: So meet us in the choir room at McKinley High and join us weekly on and that's what you really missed available wherever you listen to your podcasts.
Speaker 1: So let's do. Let's do favorite lines, Tara, what was your favorite line?
Speaker 2: Mine was when Luke says, suddenly, I'm a big fan of speed Dial.
Speaker 6: Danielle, shut up, shut up.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm torn between Robert. What's your last name? That you bet?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 3: Grimaldi? The dress is Sluttie. I mean there. Even though the episode wasn't the best, there's really amazing parts to it. So I will reflect that in my score. What's your favorite line?
Speaker 1: I don't know? Uh?
Speaker 3: Do you bet? I want to hear you say it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It hit me pretty deep. It really did, because it was just it was just my dad coming out in me. That was my dad.
Speaker 3: You bet you Scott slash Loop sure knows how to deliver those lines, right.
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Give credit of the old man?
Speaker 3: Is his name, mister Patterson?
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: Give for the score?
Speaker 1: What's the measuring stick and what's the total? Tara?
Speaker 2: I give it eight point five cocoa puffs?
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm daniel eight point five?
Speaker 6: Wow, Danielle eight point seventy five reggae fever albums.
Speaker 3: Amy eight point nine. That blanket wrapped around Kirk for like when he's naked for like half the episode.
Speaker 1: Gosh, yeah, I'm gonna give it an eight point eight five cell phones?
Speaker 3: Oh be done? What's next week? Next?
Speaker 1: Season five, Episode eighteen, to live and let diorama.
Speaker 3: I'm a little bit I don't know what the word is, sad, concern, disappointed that we're in season five, episode eighteen. You know, I've never watched the final episode. I couldn't do it and maybe ever Nope, I know scenes from it, but I've never watched That's the one episode I've never watched its entirety. I just skipped it over from like seven from season seven. I watched all the movies, but I felt like, if I don't watch it, it's not over.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, So you've never seen Yeah, I'm never going to be the only one who's seen the final episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never seen that episode in its entirety.
Speaker 1: I wonder when we get there, when we get to that point, well all forget to watch it repeatedly. Well sorry, we'll just have to deliver.
Speaker 3: Season seven is just going to be different for us, so again and season seven so weird.
Speaker 2: I said, season seven gonna be is very different for us, all.
Speaker 1: Right, gang, All right, So that's gonna do it. Thanks for downloading, everybody, best fans on the planet, you bet, and we've got some interesting guests coming up next week. I think you're gonna love them.
Speaker 3: Yeah we have. We have good guests this week, but we've got really juicy guests next week.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. Anyway, all the best uh much love everybody. Keep those cards and letters coming and emails uh and remember we I A'm all in.
Speaker 7: Stay safe, everybody, don't forget.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com