Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV.
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure.
Speaker 1: To follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show. And here we go. Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. I mean Salt Shaker Charters, Panama City Beach, They're ready, Are y all ready? Alberta's ready, Glencoe, Yeah, North Carolina.
Speaker 2: There you are. They're Central Alabama. Co Op Yeah, y'all ready, good to see you.
Speaker 1: Jonesboro, Arkansas, Laurel, Mississippi, Dallas, Georgia, Ready to go, the Rocket City, Mount Washington, Kentucky. How about Canton, Georgia, Ready to go? Beautiful Lake Gunners were ready to go. The coal haulers in Burry, Alabama. Are in Coleman, Alabama, Ready.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: And here we are the capital city in Alabama, Montgomery says, We're ready, Union City, Atlanta, Georgia, Windfield, Alabama all ready to go, along with many others across the country and even.
Speaker 2: Around the world. So Speedy is back.
Speaker 1: Greg here, Adler here, as we prepare to get you ready for another weekend. And we are one week away from America's two hundred and forty ninth birthday.
Speaker 2: Wow, so we're getting close. So in one week it's the day you host the fireworks show. Yes it is. Are you ready for American Village their big Independence Day celebration. It is starts at eleven am, is capped off with fireworks show, and mister Rick Burges is going to come about the host.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the host with the most Yeah, a year goes by quick come, Oh boy does it?
Speaker 2: It'll go by Speedy, Welcome back, Welcome back to your seat? Yeah, how about that? There he is.
Speaker 3: We're gone where We're I don't know where somewhere.
Speaker 2: I do want Larry to know. Just the sweet couple of Larry and Carolyn. I brought back all the patches, see that that you wanted me to hand out, And goodness gracious we got the idea to rod trail patch for mister Chris.
Speaker 4: That one is for you, Adler. No one else can have it.
Speaker 2: Does anybody know why he assigned that one to he was?
Speaker 3: I don't know very much the nicest one.
Speaker 1: You've got two dogs, yeah, or maybe you're built to pull a slid. Yeah, he gets the show.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, so that's what it looks like. Okay, he gets the show. You know, there's all all kinds of ways to get the show, so many, it's so many. And and driving back, I jumped around and played with that a little bit on different streaming platforms. But he is all about YouTube, okay. And and he is just so they tuber so thankful of all the work Adler does on the video side of things, which is so he it's very special, and so he wanted to make sure Adler gets going to go get them pictures off his computer for him. Yeah, yeah, and I want to. I want to apologize to them. We got busy, uh and I forgot to set something up for them. Uh. He doesn't have email. He's got a Gmail account, but he didn't know how to set it up. And Carolyn looked at me with just just please help me, you know, could you set this up? You should be easy to do. And I was like yeah, and we got busy, and I realized about thirty minutes down the road, I never set that up for them. When you were in full sprint on the way to your truck. I just forgot you got busy when you're peeling out of there.
Speaker 3: Driver.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait a minute, j aren't coming back to me. Okay, guys up, I'm let me get the cables up. I'm out.
Speaker 1: He had that box by the way, is it not? Doesn't that set up that Tom's giving you? It really works great?
Speaker 2: Doors and you know you brought you took the little unit we you know, detached the big side, you know what I.
Speaker 4: Mean from allultiple headphones him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you had to travel like in the air, like airplane. He messed up. Yeah, that too, But I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't need any balance.
Speaker 2: No, but I took the entire system like we do in the regions and broadcast and so yeah, it works out great. Which really, to be honest with you, taking that hot spot, it allows you to do really whatever you want to do.
Speaker 4: Yes, it does anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember the old cell cast how we could just just go and it's a you know, a very I guess, great version of that set up. Oh yeah, so you know you get a hotspot, buddy, and you're you're you're ready to go.
Speaker 4: I'm home.
Speaker 1: Tell you super timed engineer. He's gonna start to ask you where it is pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've already got it. I know, I'm gonna put it on his desk. Yeah. She does not like handing that off. No, he does not, But thankful that he did. I'm Without that, it wouldn't have been you mean, went to a house that had no WiFi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you all were all three sitting there with your headphones on, you don't know. You don't know when we were rounded, the visual of it. You just don't know what it was.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of fun, and thank y'all so much for uh, for all the the emails and the text I got to text some buddies, buddies of mine that I hadn't heard from in a year or two, going, I can't buy I didn't know they still had my number and they're like, I can't believe what you what just happened?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know, did he really read you a bedtime story? Things like that?
Speaker 4: Sure wasn't ready for that, right. The didn't know he had to copy the book?
Speaker 2: Oh, I know I didn't either. He pulled it. I didn't. I didn't take a copy. He has a copy, really, Yeah, he pulled it right out of the little his little bookshelf.
Speaker 3: That's really cool.
Speaker 1: That is very cool, and we I will tell you that Haybird. Hay Bird has got some people some follow up questions. It dominated the email yesterday, it dominated everything like that. Yeah yeah, look at that that picture picture us when we first went to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, it looks like there's uh, there's something else make the whole thing. Yeah, they're just so sweet. Oh, they're just ld a lot of you.
Speaker 1: Uh let me tell you the nation the Fosters showed they love Larry and Kirk.
Speaker 2: They are just they're so sweet and they're so real. Greg, you're the genuine article kind of doubt. And that's what you get. That was no pretending that. I just I jumped into their life for twenty four hours and that's what that's what you.
Speaker 1: Got up next, twenty four hours. Up next, Speedy spends the night with roll Tide Willie.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's got to be barefooted the whole time, like Larry. I just I didn't say the pair of shoes anywhere. I know he stepped in them house shoes. That's about it.
Speaker 1: No, No, didn't like you. I never even knew about Susie to this. I know they never mentioned you walked through people. Yeah, you're gonna hear Susie if you walk out and let you know. Yeah, she's a good guard dog.
Speaker 2: And then better like corn bread or toast or something. And yeah, that was it. Did you did you eat those Johnny cakes? I saw them. Yeah, I did good, actually had two of them. Yeah. Yeah, I left. I left, h I left my eating uh halfway decent at home. Yeah, because I mean, she's cooking and it's just so good. God, I didn't so you know where I went around to see Susie the dog. You know, it's back around the back of the house. I guess it was mid show maybe or whatever. Reese calls me. Uh. And and the phone rings, No, it was the night before. I'm sorry, it was the night before. We're sitting there shooting a bull. We've you know, smoked a black and mild and we're hanging out in the phone rings and it's Reese. And and for those of you that have adult children, you know, if the phone rings, you need to answer it from one of your adult children, because normally it's a text or something like that, Hey man, what's up? And he forgot I was over there and I had walked around. We all did. Yeah. I had walked around to the back of the house, just kind of walking around talking. For some reason, I got a got a walk and pace when I talk. I don't know why. And I look up and there's deer all back in the backyard. I mean, I mean, and dude big does too, just walking through it. And I'm thinking, I haven't looked at a satellite view of their house if there's a lot of woods around and stuff, but there's just deer walking off through. And I came back around and said, y'all know, you got deer walking all through your backyard. And they're like, oh, yeah, we see him all the time. Yeah, we were familiar with him. Yeah, we see him often. Susie didn't like them. Matter of fact, I've got a couple of deer patches. Yeah, but they were real pretty. They had like the light coat, like a really light tan. It was really pretty, really nice. Was Reese Okay, Oh yeah, we just had a great conversation. But if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have seen them because I was pacing around, walking around the deer. Yeah, I did. I said, Oh my gosh, there's a dough. He's like, what, yeah, deer doe a female deer. All right, So a lot of deer.
Speaker 4: We'll be back there, a lot of deer.
Speaker 1: So much to do today, Burgess Ball Battle coming up, box seat guests. We'll talk about some other things that will be coming out over the weekend too, as.
Speaker 2: The show moves forward.
Speaker 1: So I will be leaving the show a little early today because I am headed to the city.
Speaker 4: Cherry and I are headed to the city.
Speaker 2: Uh and why yeah, they come? Are you come to Burgenses. It's a food for the city, our oldest I know that, you know. I don't know Okay, okay, I just know it. There you go again. I just know the song. I just don't know about it. You don't know about fog.
Speaker 4: You don't know there? What else did do that? You would know what you did?
Speaker 3: You would ride see I know all that.
Speaker 2: I just I just go on, move on.
Speaker 1: Rick, understand why we don't talk?
Speaker 2: I like you. I didn't go on Fog. I just got to. It's kind of like knowing somebody's face but not their name.
Speaker 3: I'm terrible with names.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, but I know the fa he won't even we won't ask it what's your name?
Speaker 1: We want even asking about their version of I just want to make love to you.
Speaker 2: You know, move on.
Speaker 1: You're going to New York City and Sherry's going, uh so we we're going to see h oldest son Blake and his wife Priscilla.
Speaker 4: And you know, this is the thing.
Speaker 1: First of all, I realized that I haven't traveled with me right now, has mainly been tied to work. Okay, I haven't really traveled on pleasure in a while. And I and I realized this because like I was even looking at my Uber app today and I haven't ubered and I don't know when, and it's got like outdated payment options and the wrong email, and I was trying to get that ready because now you know, I've got to hit the ground and be an uber guy again.
Speaker 2: Five pace. I like it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And and the other thing is when you're if you have friends or family that live in New York City and you're just a tourist, wear comfortable shoes, they'll walk you to death. Yes, they don't want you to to uber or cab anything. And you'll like if they say it's just a few blocks, don't buy into that. You better be ready. You know, I even I was thankful. I told you, I said, you know what, I'm thankful that we're that we've you know, we're sure he's always trying to try to take care of try try to take care of yourself, I said, I honestly, this is where you know, Trainer Sean will pay off for me this weekend, you know, like, because I mean I remember going to New York City.
Speaker 4: At three oh five and and hot.
Speaker 1: Now the good news is the weather, this this heat wave seems to be ending in the Northeast, so I think the temperatures are going to be much more comfortable.
Speaker 2: That's good than what we've been through.
Speaker 1: But but I'm already watching the back and forth between Sherry and them, and Big Papa's gonna be walking a longe. And then I think about the fact that everybody thinks and I'm feeble now, but but I'm not.
Speaker 2: I can I can walk.
Speaker 4: But remember.
Speaker 1: New Yorkers, when they say just a few blocks, you you don't know what you're committing to.
Speaker 3: Two blocks means five, they will two blocks that way.
Speaker 4: It's just right down here. You have to pull that on you.
Speaker 2: It's right down here.
Speaker 3: Down here, where down here?
Speaker 1: Just keep walking it's right up here, and you're like, I can't see it that which building may give me be specific?
Speaker 4: Uh So it's.
Speaker 2: Also when when we get to our age, when you wake up, it's like is it a good walking day or is it like my knee hands or is my ankle bother me? So hopefully it's a good walking day for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I don't like my achilles today too much. I had I was doing a little bit better yesterday and and I know better than that. But so uh, I mean you you watch watch those prisoners step up.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they stretched some caves for you later, I know.
Speaker 1: But uh but anyway, and the reason why is, you know, we have from Birmingham, Alabama. Those you may not know that that's where the show comes from.
Speaker 4: Is where we all live.
Speaker 1: They have a direct flight to New York City on Delta, which is a game changer, game changer. So that direct flight, though you have to it's very specific on when you have to leave. And plus we want to get there in time because you know, we when we started, you know, the Rick Burgess Show, we wanted to we had a commitment. Hey, we got to get some ground under us before we're taking vacations and stuff. So then we'll grab a little day. You know, you were off on the fourth next week and one days and stuff like that. So, uh, we're trying to push Hay gone for a week till much later in the year and that finally we're going to do that in August. So these little weekends, if you're if you're trying to go see somebody over the weekend, especially travel.
Speaker 2: I mean you you you.
Speaker 4: That that Friday is tough.
Speaker 1: You can lose that Friday real quick and lose a Sunday if you don't pay attention before you know what you did all this for one day.
Speaker 4: Uh So, so anyway, this.
Speaker 1: Is any time we're flying commercial, I tell the guys prepared to do the show Monday, you know, because it's the it's the good news. On a direct flight though, as we all know that that that comfortable feeling that when you're on and they shut the door and you feel yourself lifting, you go, okay, so this is it. They can't mess up my connection because I don't have one right right, yeah, and so.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't anybody do anything stupid. No, no, you know, we're trying to lift off here.
Speaker 1: You just have to get on there in one time, because you can be duped into thinking you're okay on flight one, and if you've got a connection, it can all fall apart on.
Speaker 4: Two, it can, you know, So you and you're never quite comfortable.
Speaker 2: And you can't start thinking you could have something because a passenger might start acting a full yes and then they have to divert and turn around. So you're right, everybody just chill.
Speaker 1: You never know somebody might have a maga hat on. Everybody gets fired. I know there was a guy yesterday. I saw a story. It was pretty fun. He wanted an aisle seat because it's a little bit large. I saw that they just saying they drug him. They had to physically drag him. He wouldn't get up like a potato. Yeah he's waiting for like hissing or dragging. But but but but let me tell something about his his his l A. Let me come, let me tell someth about his l A. That's not your seat. You can't just demand that you want a different seat because of your size privilege. Now, look, they got him by the arms.
Speaker 2: They're dragging him and a Garfield shirt in the.
Speaker 3: Front of his belt and they dragging.
Speaker 2: A brown a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a kid when they get mad at the mall and they don't want to walk and they own Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do I have it right? Though?
Speaker 4: He just preferred that seat. That's not the one he bought.
Speaker 2: That's wrong. All these people he's being he's being drug pass I don't show that again. All these people are being inconvenienced. Now, all these people have somewhere to go and something.
Speaker 1: What if what if these people are going to see their son and their daughter in law? What about these people going to see their son and their daughter And this guy's message and you're texting going not gonna be landing?
Speaker 3: When I thought yeah, when they were dragging them off, had the worst front wedgie i've seen.
Speaker 2: Man looked like a female for a second. He did for a minute. I thought for a minute, Greg, I thought it was hell Goad the German giants. Yeah, I thought it was d Greg. On the way by. You give him a little stump, Oh yeah, yeah, I take that.
Speaker 1: If if Greg, I'm sorry, if he was making me late, i'd kick him in the ribs and.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so so be careful just because it's in during flight don't mean nothing can happen if we can.
Speaker 4: Just get airborne.
Speaker 2: He made them physically drag him, and it had to be what we know. He was hurting in one area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he demanded an exit seat due to his weight, man.
Speaker 1: And shouldn't he have done that when he was reserving his seat? How about when you reserve it, say I'm large, and you can look on it and say, okay, I see the exit seat. That's what I'm going to get. Call somebody say, as I'm reserving my seat, help me find one that has more room. You don't get on and demand somebody else's seat, you idiots, some of.
Speaker 2: Them in Garfield T shirt. It does make it better. And also, Rick, you don't work for the airlines today, okay, so you don't have to rebel rouse the entire you know, flight and everybody. You're not the spokesman for everybody flying today.
Speaker 3: Okay, you don't have to update people.
Speaker 2: No, no, you don't have.
Speaker 3: To leave mobs with torches. You don't have to do anything.
Speaker 2: You don't have to stand up and go, hey it's on time, everybody, We're good. Just hang out with your wife, get on the plane.
Speaker 3: Even as the run around The Bridges Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get podcasts follow that. Strange Encounters coming out this weekend.
Speaker 2: The speaking of Strange encounters, did I see there was a fire in the sky uh in Georgia?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yesterday I was talking about what are you talking about? I don't know that. Everybody's saying that while I was over there, Larry and Carolyn's that meteorite believed to have hit a Georgia home. What Yeah, Fox five reported.
Speaker 4: It anywhere anywhere there where you were.
Speaker 2: I don't think so in Alabama? Really, that's what.
Speaker 3: I would know. You people saw it and we.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't let anybody get away. What say it again? That they you could feel it all the way over here.
Speaker 1: You can see it, not feeling feeling Who said no one said that feeling?
Speaker 2: Yep, there it is all people said it feel it Isn't that just saying that Marky Martin and the Great fun.
Speaker 4: I knew that.
Speaker 2: We'll talk music. Well that that don't count though. Club music, Yeah one hit wonder club. Yeah, so I did. I did see this and it was obviously a fire in the sky, broad daylight. I felt that mobile. Oh wow.
Speaker 3: They even picked it up on a radar span tweeted this out and you can see it's just south of Atlanta. That little line right there was actually picked up.
Speaker 2: All yeah, yeah, and they felt it right there and rowing up yeah if I could get so.
Speaker 4: Somebody said they felt it in Sydney, Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like it's pointing here, but that I just got the point around pointing on twenty. This is Oxford, where the Burgess Boys are from.
Speaker 1: Go big o and you go twenty east to Atlanta and then down past making.
Speaker 2: For your way down there?
Speaker 4: Yeah did you go?
Speaker 2: Which way? Did you go? The way there? On the way there, I went.
Speaker 1: I went east and then skirted kind of down in a round and picked up seventy five.
Speaker 2: So there you go. That was just it was. That was the fastest by far by like fifty minutes. On the way back home. It sent me because I was going to my house versus from the studio which is under the other side. It sent me down and then through eighty five through Auburn and up interest up from Montgomery. Really and uh and so that was better. So I guess if I would have gone back up towards Atlanta and retrace my steps the way I might have I might have seen it, because that's exactly where I was. Yeah, and that'd have been cool if I could have seen that. Some people said that they actually felt it in uranus. So how does how does somebody capture that? You know, these these folks that sell these dash cams, you know for normal people just to have dash cams to protect you from from like traffic accidents and stuff like that. I guess is that is that? What is that? What is capturing this? Because how would somebody be video.
Speaker 3: A lot of that? You see home home security straight down? It really does go straight down. That's shocking. I'd like to ask definitely, Predator.
Speaker 1: I would like to ask you guys, do y'all feel like we're overdocumented right now? Yes, that that everything's documented? Are we filming too much?
Speaker 3: It's hurting it's hurting the Bigfoot people.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That goes back to show you there's no bigfoot. He would be on camera, he would. I mean we got since the Patterson film, we haven't had anybody with a legit.
Speaker 2: Think about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's not one's inner dimensional.
Speaker 2: It maybe episode seven? Yeah, Can I ask a question and text Nation just just sent something into if you get hit by a meteorite? Is that covered by home insurance? Oh, that's a good one. They may call that accident.
Speaker 3: There was some Alabama lady that's like the only person that's ever been struck by a meteor in the history of the documented world. Y'all know about that, lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, documented world. They crash they were siling hitter in the house or something.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, HiT's lady, I'm right now, Yeah, yeah, Anne Elizabeth Fowler Hodges. In November nineteen fifty four, a woman in Silicaga was struck by a meteorite while napping on her cow.
Speaker 2: Chick, that's crazy, I'm on my cow.
Speaker 3: She's the only one as far as I know, And you get hit.
Speaker 2: I'd like to know what you did with the rest of her life. Yeah she did?
Speaker 3: She stay on the couch.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just talking about that. You were spared for a reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God hit you with the media for some reason. Yeah, she got superpowers? What what what happened to her after that? By the way, I think Brian Reagan would consider I understand people who walked on the people who walked on the Moon still would be me monster, no doubt, Brian, But would you consider you really don't want to trade stories with her by me. Hey, I'm the only one document that ever been hit by one. Yeah, hey, you know this thing flew up almost not my car off the road.
Speaker 3: Now, y'all, did you go.
Speaker 4: With the radio while I sleep on the couch? Because I did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all aren't ready for the bruise on this woman.
Speaker 2: I think we've seen this way back there. Yeah, oh goodness.
Speaker 1: Yes, Why what is today the day that we just see heavy people's bodies?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't think it could have.
Speaker 1: Wanted to Greg. Don't be like that, Greig, don't be like that.
Speaker 3: That's that mill that that Silicaga meteorite is on display now at the Smithsonian Natural Margin of Natural History.
Speaker 1: Yes with that picture, yes, gracious, then you know what? She also has done a lot of things. Two things, she got hit with the meter and want to sleeping on the couch huge, And she may be the first documented woman that approved a picture that nobody had No woman would have time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hell, pull that shirtott, let me see your belly?
Speaker 1: No, not doing that text Nation, y'all just filmed Speedy spend the night with a couple he's never met and documented it quite a bit. I don't think y'all can say we're over filming anything. That's a good point. That is a good point. Well, I couldn't miss it.
Speaker 2: There's just so much. It was appointment. It was an appointment video. There's so much I might have to go back. There's things that I didn't even post.
Speaker 1: You did such a good job on your Instagram story that we actually set up going to you by just running through it right here on the show.
Speaker 3: We watched the whole thing. It's like what it was cinema. It was. It was like it was like watching Best in Show and waiting for Guffman in real life.
Speaker 2: How about this?
Speaker 4: My son Brody actually entered it in an independent film fest.
Speaker 2: Greg gets no thousand pounds sisters, But TLC, we need to get in touch with them. Oh yeah, that'd be if they had a Larry and Carolyn. Oh my goodness, you know, Patches to the iditorod would be it'd be a five star.
Speaker 1: Maybe if what I'm gonna gain a lot of weight, they'll do it, you know, TLC, you got to be fatter.
Speaker 2: They won't do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Top of the hour.
Speaker 1: More of The Rick Burgess Show coming up right after this, you can imagine that hay Birds, it's very Larry and Carolyn. Larry Quest is dominant from the audience. It's a hit. If you missed it, catching on the archives today. Hey Bird, Hey Burge, this is from Angie and I listened to the show. Hey, I want to tell Speedy. I heard him discuss if TLC would pick up Larry and Carolyn it would be gold well, all caps it would be, but Speedy one thing you would have to be in the series two because your comments in between the discussions. That was the gold of it. I'm still laughing from the bottom of my stomach. How about this? I mean, whoever big Daddy is. Big Daddy came in the room and said, what has you laughing so hard? Was that maybe your husband? I'll biddy start calling me and I would. I would just point at the TV because I couldn't talk. Also, I also want to want to know did you go by the town.
Speaker 4: Your dad wanted you too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Jessup, I love you guys so much.
Speaker 1: I absolutely one him all in on the show.
Speaker 2: I did not then, thank you. That's Jesse trip, No Jessup trip. It was about an hour and a half further away from on the back end. So you add that together, that's three Greg. Sorry Jess, and so I wasn't able to do that, but thank you. I appreciate that. It was a nice email.
Speaker 1: Hey Bird, Hey Bird, I'm gonna have to walk through this one delicately. Greg, let me cut your MinC off. Okay, I need to know from Speedy now that he's back. A couple of questions. This is from Cole. I know there's a lot of things when you're staying at somebody else's house that are odd. You know, sleeping is odd. I'd like to know if Speedy slept good. And let's face it, dropping a deuce is odd. Wow, did Speedy have to do that as well?
Speaker 2: I'm getting into all that. Yeah, I'm just say I'll say this. I did have my own bathroom with Undisturbed in one end. Yeah, it was, and they were very sweet. They they had me set up.
Speaker 3: It makes a little water with it courtesy fly.
Speaker 2: Hey, so.
Speaker 3: Speedy's goodbye with them, Like the actual send off that Speedy posted on his story, we never didn't get a chance to play that. Can it's about thirty seconds long? Can we can we watch that?
Speaker 2: And I do I do want to announce to everybody on my Instagram story today I have started posting bonus footage that we never that we never played. I'll keep adding some more. But yeah, this was the goodbye.
Speaker 3: Just to put a nice little book ind on it. I thought this was a great goodbye.
Speaker 1: Speeding okay, having me, you take care of me, drive care every.
Speaker 3: Minute of it.
Speaker 2: Well, y'all are just such a treasure and so so so sweet, and thank y'all. You have been great host. The food has been great, the patches, the animals, the coins, I've just I've experienced it all.
Speaker 3: They behaved better than I expected them.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: You can't care, Georgia, And we need to do this again.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I'm gonna make sure that that Adler and Greg and Rick get back over here.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I think Larry was about to cry.
Speaker 3: Watching.
Speaker 1: How did you miss that? He's clearly watching. He wants to say more than vices.
Speaker 2: Good bye. Every such a treasure, so so so sweet, and thank y'all. You have been great host. The food has been great, the patches, the animals, the coins, I've just I've.
Speaker 3: Experienced better than I expected them.
Speaker 2: That's right, you can't care.
Speaker 1: He was gonna say more. He was gonna say more. Finger went up and then he goes, you be careful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was gonna stay one more day. I think it was Actually, don't you think I didn't play this part?
Speaker 4: Rick?
Speaker 2: If us? I went and and oh you hugged him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And oh, I'm so glad because he certainly wasn't want to let me go. You hear me, He certainly was wanting. Yeah, look at that face. Look at that greg sweet person.
Speaker 2: He disappointed.
Speaker 3: Oh he's glad to have his house back.
Speaker 1: Frankly, well, if you watch Carolyn's face, what she tells us is the answer to Cole's email.
Speaker 2: She's like, oh, well, you know, yeah, I do what. I think Carolyn said it best as she said, you know what, we feel like we've known y'all our whole life. When I got there, he said, it wasn't like a stranger and the house. It's like we were friends. We've been friends, right where you got that effect on people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was it wasn't like there was a stranger in the house, even though there was.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, maybe that's why it felt like, you know, and I'm about to put on my story before I left. He wanted me to point something out for Adler, just for Adler, show this even you know, And like you said, he was very very signed demanding. He even told me record this, get your phone out, and that's what the man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get your fun at Yeah, and it might be to y'all kind of the same size.
Speaker 2: He wears a medium.
Speaker 3: He's not a big guy.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize how Larry was not like a large guy. For some reason, I thought he was large.
Speaker 2: You thought he was large.
Speaker 4: You mean large, tall or large?
Speaker 2: Wide?
Speaker 3: Large, tall and wide. He's none of them. Really, Because when y'all were both sitting in the chairs side by side, Yeah, that's when I was like, oh, wow, Speedy looks like a technic man for me.
Speaker 1: For me, it was when he was walking him out to the dog and for a minute, you can tell so how much bigger speed he is than him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's fine. I'm a I'm not a big guy. Nobody says like, oh, big guy Adler. Nobody says that about me.
Speaker 2: No, no, But I'm just saying I think that's another connection y'all have. You're both kind of small.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but y'all are both bald, so y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, connection Speed, and then Greg and Larry sound alike, so there's a connection there.
Speaker 3: Larry is a man of the people.
Speaker 2: And then Larry both have O C D. So that there's that connection.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: So I mean we have a lot of connections.
Speaker 3: Larry is a man for the people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Speed. He looked like Buddy the Elf from when he's sitting there with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: Man, Uh, all right, we'll be back more to cover. And uh I didn't have my own bathroom though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good. Way, that's a game changer, game changer.
Speaker 2: I'm about to post what the bathroom looked like. Okay, that's what I was.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: You hear us talk a lot of times on the show about simply safe, for instance, and you know we have that for security. How I know there's been a trend lately of these people breaking in to professional athletes homes now a listers out of Hollywood. You know, Brad Pitt the latest. It seems to me that Brad Pitt, let's just use the latest, that Brad Pitt's Los Angeles home would be major secure. Oh yeah, I'm a major secure Yeah, how how do the I understand that if I was a criminal, which I'm not anymore. But no, I'm not a criminal, But the I understand if you were a criminal, saying, if we were trying.
Speaker 2: To steal someff stuff, these would be houses you want to go in.
Speaker 1: But I don't understand how they're able to do it. It seems like these would be some of the most secure places on the planet. And Brad Pitt's home they're saying has been ransacked. Actually it was late Wednesday night. The Los Angeles Police Department. They now say that they responded to where his home is located and the suspects fled, but they did have they stole things. They have says, miscellaneous items and they there's so they did get in and they did steal stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Even if these day listers have multiple homes and you know, sometimes one of their homes there for now secure you would think fifteen bucks a month and no con you know, contract and all you pretty much I don't be secure.
Speaker 1: I don't get it, and I don't know how their cameras on every corner of the house, doorbell camera, yeah, stuff inside they would have all that.
Speaker 2: They have an app their notifications they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Some of the others are saying, like Jennifer Aniston's house in Los Angeles last month, a man rammed through the gates of her home, just ran through the gates. But do they just say it takes a certain amount of time for the law to get here. Let's just ram through something and just start grabbing. I mean, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that's the that's the case or in the inside job.
Speaker 3: Nice house by the way, nice setup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would think that house right there is pretty secure.
Speaker 1: You would But but and all these NFL players and pro professional athletes in different sports, you would think that their homes had been targeted.
Speaker 2: You would think those would be I don't know, the house was broken into, but they caught the intruders before they left, that kind of thing, you know, exactly.
Speaker 4: So so anyway.
Speaker 2: They could even talk to him now Rick all this stuff. Leave Brad, how do you doing? Brad said, Lee, right, where's Angelina? Carolyn and I are in here?
Speaker 1: Leave? Yeah, I mean, so I don't know. Just Also another update today, by.
Speaker 3: The way, do y'all want to see F one Brad Pitt's movie coming out?
Speaker 1: Does look on streaming, not in the theater. Yeah, I agree with Greg. I will not watch it in the theater. I will watch it when it comes to streaming.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I think I will too.
Speaker 1: If he was like doing maybe some sort of updated Days of Thunder kind of thing, and he's a NASCAR driver.
Speaker 4: I probably go to the theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the fact that it's is it Formula one, Yes, I have to wait for streaming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: June twenty seventh, it's in theaters. Oh it's from the director of Top Gun Maverick. If that helps.
Speaker 1: Oh, look at Greg brad Pitt does some sort of professional football movie.
Speaker 2: I have to go. I probably go to the But Formula one that's streaming. Now. The trailer, it'll get you.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: If you see the trailer, you're like, I'm in Yeah, no, I get you. Update on Brian Wilson cause of death. We do have an update on that. He went on in at eighty two. That look in rock Star World. That's one hundred and fifteen years. I mean, that's that's a big number.
Speaker 2: Years.
Speaker 1: But anyway, it says it was due to respiratory arrest. Oh man, so well, I mean that just means that he you know, his breathing stop while the heart continues to beat.
Speaker 2: So I love like staying alive and night fever and all that. They're saying that the most the.
Speaker 3: Most Beach Boys, not the BGS.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, now you're bag to say fair, There we go.
Speaker 1: The most common cause of cardiac arrest is respiratory arrest, according to the American Heart Association.
Speaker 2: That's sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so they now they now have that and that speedy like you, you make clear that you're you know, huge on their catalog.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're all about Yeah, I love them more than a woman was big man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's gonna get kicked out of the music conversations again.
Speaker 2: If you don't know. That was when I mistakenly, yes said the that Brian was with the Beg's not that you did. Back to the only thing about that that was right.
Speaker 1: They both start with a bee greg sound. I know that that all of us may be speedy. I don't want to speak for you, but that we all kind of have gone on record. I don't think there's anybody in this room that particularly liked the Beach Boys catalog, not really. So we recognized Brian Wilson's talent, but we have not really, we don't really listen or desire to listen to much Beach Boys? Is there anything that Brian Wilson put out that you say with the exception.
Speaker 3: Of I listened. I listened to Beach Boys with my kids. It's good kid kids music.
Speaker 2: What's that good? Oh? I bet they appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good kid you know, like happy, yeah, good vibrations, Greg add I got. I like Cocomo. I like it.
Speaker 2: You did? Look you did that to get a ride?
Speaker 3: You you don't.
Speaker 2: You don't mean that.
Speaker 3: When I was you don't mean that.
Speaker 2: What's next? You like poison Oak.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid, the Muppets did a Cocoa doesn't count, and so it stuck with me.
Speaker 2: I still like it.
Speaker 4: That doesn't You don't remember that?
Speaker 2: Remember?
Speaker 4: No, I don't remember that, nor do I want to.
Speaker 3: Oh man, the Muppets did a Cocomo and it was great. I knew every word of it. I knew every word as a kid. Yes, fantastic. Oh that's my that's my royat music.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's where you wanna go, So there you go.
Speaker 3: As a kid, I love it, and I still.
Speaker 2: Like I'd rather her Kermit singing than the picture. Great, I think I'm with you. You don't like wouldn't it be nice?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's good, it's happened.
Speaker 4: None of it American.
Speaker 3: The music room, I don't that.
Speaker 4: I don't want to stay in my room.
Speaker 2: You have in something. In some groups or artists, they have Christmas albums and every year, like you walk into the store and you're gonna hear them.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear boys they're known for the Christmas. I don't want to hear the beach boys and Christmas music wearing tropical shirts.
Speaker 2: I don't that's true. Elvis did it well, too bad, didn't he.
Speaker 3: I know, Elvis Christmas in his in his Hawaiian shirt.
Speaker 2: You're thinking about bing Crosby. We did gotta. I don't.
Speaker 1: I really, honestly don't care for any Christmas music trying to come to me from a warm climate.
Speaker 4: I know it.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. I want them in the snow.
Speaker 3: Okay, el Elvis did Blue Hawaii. Sorry, not Blue Christmas. That's bad.
Speaker 2: He did Blue Christmas, but he didn't have on Hawaiian gear off.
Speaker 3: Well, lots of things that I get wrong all the time, yeah, that song is weird.
Speaker 1: An if I remember text Nation set or we're just gonna ignore when they did the collaboration with the Fat Boys, I don't remember wipe out the rap group the Fat Boys, Remember. I mean you think with the Fat Boys in it, I would love that you just put you just touched on the part. What I don't like about beach music is that guitar sound. Come on, by the way, I think you're trying to annoy us. I don't think you believe any.
Speaker 3: Of this sound is a cool sound. I don't want to hear in all this time.
Speaker 1: Somebody get mad at you because you you have said the opposite. No, you've never been a fan of beach music, Like when did this happen?
Speaker 3: I don't like Jimmy Buffett. That's I don't listen to Jimmy Buffett in my car. It's too much beach too much.
Speaker 2: They literally called the Beach Boys.
Speaker 3: You're making a great point of the great point, right, Yeah, you know when I am inconsistent Little Saint Nick, Little Nick, Yeah, is that off of.
Speaker 4: Even want to have Christmas?
Speaker 2: The Little Douce coop?
Speaker 3: It does sound like little.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Hear about Sanna in some hot rod cruising the beach. What are we doing?
Speaker 2: That's terrible? Puts christ that's in the background.
Speaker 1: No, no, lord, no, put on that King Cole the Christmas song.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that, hey, that the catalog is shuffling, and if it comes on them, you just keep going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've heard Nat King Cole. Nat King Cole is for nighttime. Beach boys are for daytime.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows that.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows that we know about music.
Speaker 1: Oh look, I'm making warm references to Christmas.
Speaker 3: Looks like Speedy and I are the music experts.
Speaker 6: Is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: A couple of things to discuss? Did you see this? Greg?
Speaker 4: I think I think about you.
Speaker 1: Even though you when you were working for the power company, you would not have been involved in replacing red lights?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: No, who is that? Who does that?
Speaker 2: City? It's not the city.
Speaker 1: But anyway, you've been in the bucket truck a lot. Oh yeah, you've been up that bucket, haven't you time? Have you seen this? Have you seen the eighteen wheeler take out the guy in the bucket? But no guys working on a red light?
Speaker 2: Or sorry? What did your dad tell you?
Speaker 1: They're not red lights or traffic lights, because they got more colors than red. Right, so, but we call him red lights for some reason. But all right, those of you that can't see this, you may have already seen it out there, because it was I saw a lot yesterday. There's a bucket truck. Greg talked, talk us through so he can drive it inside the bucket. Right, Yes, he's operating the truck. He's operating this bucket. He's working on that traffic light. Look here, he's down low enough to work on the traffic light. But the eighteen wheeler, I'm afraid that what it's hauling is too.
Speaker 2: Hot for where he is. Watch this, Greg watches he ah wow, hanging out, hanging out upside down?
Speaker 1: Was he harnessed in grass? You gotta have so you are harnessed in gri Greg, he got he got that harness is holding him too. I bet his back hurt. So watch his body uncontrollably go forward.
Speaker 2: Okay, whose fault is so high? Ve is down low? He's obviously uh corruct like directing traffic in the in the white hard hat. He's let him down. He doesn't he needs to be out there in that lane, doesn't he kind of like, hey, whoa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the buckybody involved even thought that was possible.
Speaker 2: The driver or the ga you know what I'm saying, they just weren't thinking. But okay, because the bucket was lower than than the traffic light was. But it has to be for whatever he was doing on the traffic right, But but for the clearance, the clearance eighteen wheeler is is that the right clearance is just they're too low for him to pass? You go, do you go?
Speaker 1: It's the guy in the bucket's fault because there's true live traffic and he was low. Is if the truck driver's fault, because he did he saw it? But again, I don't think that's corner.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to find a longer clip because you can see in the longer clip the guy in the bucket and the guy on the ground are like that lane, that lane, you don't need to be in my lane.
Speaker 1: I was just about to use the pointer on that point. At These trucks have a hard time. They have to take good wide turns, and I think this trucker was like, well they should have stopped if they were I can't turn to get over in that lane quick enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they should have cones out and totally shutting down your lane.
Speaker 1: You ever been sitting there and somebody turning you have to back up, sitting in a turn lane, and you're like, oh, they're not gonna make it.
Speaker 2: I got to back up. Yeah, let me ask you this.
Speaker 3: He's pointing, saying, no, this not my lane. Lane. Same with the other guys.
Speaker 2: Look though, I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, but bucket man, when you see he's not stopping, just go up, go up.
Speaker 2: It's a handle.
Speaker 3: Get over, get over, get over, grab.
Speaker 2: Your hand and wrong.
Speaker 4: He didn't even try to get in the other lane.
Speaker 2: He was going to the other lane. I didn't even try to come on the inside lane. I guess he didn't.
Speaker 3: Pointing, pointing, pointing, point pointing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, the gall on the ground was just telling him to slow down. He was going like this, like use the other lane. He was pointing to the rights.
Speaker 1: But I think you like Greg gets hit. He really takes a really good head when you I think when you were pointing, just hit get out of the way, right.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I don't know either they have to have the lane completely shut down and not pointing, or if if if they're if they're sitting here going other lane, other lane. We obviously are working. Maybe the truck or couldn't make the turn like Rick song about looks and row you win down and go hey, you need to go up right. I got to come thre the longer clip.
Speaker 3: Look I found the longest clip. Look look here, here's here. Here's how many times the bucket man, uh bucket man and and flag guy point point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that don't mean you can't even know what he's doing.
Speaker 3: Point oh no.
Speaker 1: All right, So from text Nation, here come the truck people. As a truck driver and owner of four trucks, it is one hundred percent on the truck driver. This person Tennessee's not says not the truck's fault at all. But they don't give me any kind of a resume like the others. When play show I'm a longtime truck driver. That particular driver knew better.
Speaker 6: He is a DA.
Speaker 1: So the people who seem to have credentials in the trucking business said, it's on the trucker.
Speaker 2: I guess you need to be aware of anything that's hanging above you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they're saying this is the result of the CDL lowering of standards. Now we got a bunch of people driving trucks. Have no business driving these trucks.
Speaker 3: This is today's truck This is a unique situation.
Speaker 2: I mean the guy, thank goodness, the guy was harnessed in and he was because some people might have just taken the short cut, not done that, and he hit a falling out to the ground.
Speaker 1: Here's another one idiot truck driver. I'm driving the truck for thirty years that we know better than this. So what do you what does he mean? So what's what he saw? The trucker should have stopped. He's going when you recognize there was something going on in the intersection that might, you know, affect you.
Speaker 2: You need to stop and slow down, and you know, instead of just driving through it.
Speaker 4: And it works out. It's on the truck driver company.
Speaker 1: I like to see the guy and the bucket hit that handling h instead of pointing right here, he goes back to work.
Speaker 2: He thinks the guy, I guess listen to him. But even you can tell the truckers coming in a little hot because even the guy that's that's down on the ground kind of directing traffic, he's even standing in the middle of the lane that that they don't need to go in, pointing to the other one, and the guy the trucker almost comes in hits him.
Speaker 1: Here's another trucking company. This is what six weeks and you got your CDL looks like. Now, let me tell you what's gonna happen. They gonna get them. They got some cones out. I don't know, you got to put a sign up, you got They're gonna find all kinds of rure. Sure that really had nothing to do with the rag. Well, I see the cones over by the t truck. Should should maybe some cones been out there too, That's what I was thinking, just around him saying, hey, of course, if you're a car, you can go under him.
Speaker 3: Really, so he's just allowing people to drive under him. He's kind of sketchy.
Speaker 1: If you're driving a truck and you look and there's a bucket in the intersection, it should flip a switch, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I got clearance to get over here. Do you think they're going to say it's a somebody's e been saying a fifty to fifty type. I don't know about that double jeopardy saying your fault fifty. No, I got that.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying the trucking people are saying, whatever the case may be, the trucker was the one that could have kept it from happening.
Speaker 2: He could, oh yeah, could have kept it from happening.
Speaker 1: But like Greg said, they they're going to come out and go, well, you should have had cones out here and you should have been here. And yeah, people call him fifty to fifty on the liability truckers who know saying bad job on driving on the trucker's part. Hollywood Will Smith going viral after being and here's where you come in humiliated when he attempted to get a massive crowd to listen and dance to his music.
Speaker 2: Oh would you rather not?
Speaker 3: I saved this from y'all, but it just keeps showing up in my algorithm, so I gotta show y'all too. That's really what it is, down girls or whatever. Yes, it's his new I Love Pretty Girls song, which sounds like you're trying to convince us of something. Where are they London?
Speaker 2: Are they here for him?
Speaker 3: He's in London. All these people are gathered around because he just set up this pop up concert in the streets of London.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, all these people I would kind of figure they would, you know.
Speaker 3: But nobody gets into it. Nobody knows what to do. Everyone's awkward. This song is terrible.
Speaker 1: Unlike the guy who was directing traffic, you know, for the bucket guy. If you want us to veer off, we can.
Speaker 2: I might just I might just look down and then maybe glance up and.
Speaker 3: Then some pop singer Rita Aura. Do y'all know that Greg does Greg Love?
Speaker 2: I'm grown?
Speaker 3: I don't know her, right, I am too, and I.
Speaker 1: Don't.
Speaker 3: I don't look grown, but I am so I don't know. I don't know who Rita Aura is either, like I just know the name.
Speaker 4: How is she in the story?
Speaker 3: She shows up like to help save the day, to help Will Smith obviously hired her and it was supposed to be like a big surprise. And I don't know what's more embarrassing, nobody dancing to Will Smith's song I like pretty girls, or nobody caring that Rita Aora shows up.
Speaker 2: These crowd of people gathered, What did they think was happening?
Speaker 4: They didn't care for Rita Aura. Will I think they may be.
Speaker 2: Your best see.
Speaker 3: You win on your chest Ski I'll change your light.
Speaker 2: What are we doing to do it? Either?
Speaker 3: Nobody cares.
Speaker 1: Well? Oh well, guys, ladies and gentlemen, think read in the building they're outside.
Speaker 2: Is anybody even responding at all?
Speaker 4: You know, this is London.
Speaker 6: That's crazy to see. That's how that song you just put it on?
Speaker 2: They just show up speedy. Oh yeah, it kills me.
Speaker 4: Guys, now, you know this is London.
Speaker 1: Everybody thought this was going to be some sort of uh you know, some some facing mecca for.
Speaker 2: Islam, right, you know.
Speaker 1: And and they got there and they were disappointed that I thought we were supposed to be here to streme death through America.
Speaker 2: What is this.
Speaker 3: When he goes, oh read, oh and nobody's like speedy, They're.
Speaker 2: Not responding at all, and of course he doesn't sound great. I don't know what to do about this, your dad. I'm upset that that alert is even like, let me see it. I told you you had a chance to wait with them. I think I think some of the people around him are trying to give that hard look, you know what I mean, Like you have you ever seen about somebody that they're trying to stand there hard look like I'm one of his boys, and I'm looking on but here's but then others around. It's like a comedian trying to be on stage at an outdoor event and people are and he has nobody's attention, and it's it's like, there's Will Smith, anybody's attention with your new song.
Speaker 1: I like when that like he said, whoever that girl steps out and he thought everybody's gonna go crazy?
Speaker 2: Was the one going crazy? Nobody else? Wife? Oh, Greg, ladies and gentlemen think of the building's over, it's over modulating and technically you're not in the building.
Speaker 3: He's outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like pretty and I know. And then he tries to tell everybody, look how she's responding to the song, y'all should be too.
Speaker 2: That's really what he's saying.
Speaker 1: Look what happened, Here's what you happened.
Speaker 2: Should have already happened when I've been playing it for a while. See what y'all are all feeling? This is me all the time. What you're feeling now is what I feel. I think, you know, I think he needs to stick to acting.
Speaker 3: I think it's over, yes, over, And.
Speaker 1: She's really like acting like she is it and nobody cares if he wants.
Speaker 2: To do a silly song that's tied to the movie. He'll do that too.
Speaker 3: You know what, hey, Greg, You know how when bands do a medley and they smashed several songs together, when they go from one song to another and and they give they do.
Speaker 8: A face like it is this video is full of face. This video is yes, and that face is not good.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right?
Speaker 1: So obviously I think Rick, maybe they were mistaken. They a came for a reason. But then I was looking filming. If you look, they got their phone, then they looked disinterested. I think it's it's they showed up, but he's just standing on the ground.
Speaker 2: You can't see him. It's just not a good you know, you showed up, had like a stage and all that.
Speaker 1: Don't you think the music should be causing him to move a little bit if they like it?
Speaker 2: All right? So you remember what I told you.
Speaker 1: I don't don't think that Gary might not have been involved in some of the things that happened to you.
Speaker 2: Here is Chris Rock behind this.
Speaker 1: He that's yeou dj jaz jaiff. He's one that's mad. I mean, think about it.
Speaker 2: He just pushed him to the side, right, he'd brought him might have been different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so who are you more embarrassed for? Will Smith? Or this whoever? This other person is Will Smith? Okay, because singing and he tried he tried to be current by bringing somebody he thought was current.
Speaker 3: That's crazy to see.
Speaker 6: That's how that song you just put it on, they just show up.
Speaker 2: It's killed me.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We get the bad music.
Speaker 1: And I think he I think you're really struggling because he's been too big for this to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so now I got a terrible PA system. Okay, Yeah, I'm screaming and it's very well, it wasn't done very well. We need to do something else correct.
Speaker 4: Let's let's go to the people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this song is just so bad.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: We have the world's first driving dog. Now Gary, Hey, I had one drive. Gary had one accidentally drive his. But this dog has actually learned how to drive. It only took the dog forty seven days to how to drive.
Speaker 2: Takes. It's like some sort of terrier of some kind looks like.
Speaker 3: And well they they've actually trained multiple dogs to drive. Now to drive?
Speaker 2: Do we want that? We want dogs in traffic?
Speaker 3: They're really driving.
Speaker 2: They're not really, Greg.
Speaker 4: Take a look there it is.
Speaker 9: It's not a car first driving dog and he learned it in only forty seven days. In New Zealand, there is a whole place where dogs are learning how to get behind the wheel. But the craziest thing is that these dogs are actually driving, not just appearing to drive like in some other videos you might have seen. The Driving School specialized in teaching dogs how to drive. Right, This dog was the first one to learn how to drive a car, but there have been multiple dogs trained to drive since him.
Speaker 2: The car the dogs use.
Speaker 9: Is modified to be friendly with the dogs, making it.
Speaker 2: Easier for them to drive.
Speaker 9: But the dogs do everything from turning the car in, shifting it into gear, and actually using the gas and brake pedal. I stopped driving a real car. The dogs need to practice in a driving simulator while sitting in this special chair.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 9: Once they've learned everything and know how to use a car, this is the dogs are taken to the race. They not only drive straight, but can actually make turns. The founder of the driving school said that some dogs are better at driving than others. All the dogs trained to drive are abandoned by their owners or found on the streets.
Speaker 3: Make fun of that.
Speaker 2: That's that's not real. The old man in the passenger see you can see his left hand on the bottom of the steering wheel. He's I will not fall for that. No way, Greg, Nope.
Speaker 3: I wish you guys would believe me when I show you cool things from around the world.
Speaker 2: So Greg, you're saying, no, no way, no how, no way.
Speaker 1: Even the simulator, Rick, this is no left right, break gas it does you don't tell it nothing.
Speaker 3: Look, this is an old story, but it showed up in my feed and I think it's pretty funny seeing dogs drive cars, And I'm glad you' all agree.
Speaker 1: Make fun of the next one. Do you believe a girl with no arms can drive? After Kylen beat so? Here we go after Kyle Maynor beat me up?
Speaker 3: I believe here we go, Greg, to this lady is amazing.
Speaker 2: I do believe it.
Speaker 3: Don't want to go on a trip with me?
Speaker 2: Is what she said?
Speaker 1: Opens your car door with her feet, zero arms.
Speaker 3: The push button start was a game changer for her.
Speaker 2: It was toil.
Speaker 3: I bet she uses it for I bet she uses that Toenail for stuff. We'll get her change gears.
Speaker 2: That Toenail's crucial speed. Oh my goodness, the flexibility isable.
Speaker 3: She is driving it with one foot on the steering wheel and one foot on the on the pedals. No, she ain't got no tight hips.
Speaker 2: I ain't tell you that.
Speaker 3: No loose hips.
Speaker 2: A right, she's saying, how you get your knee up above your head?
Speaker 4: Do you believe this?
Speaker 2: Yes, rig I got beat up by a man with no arms to leg.
Speaker 3: She's gonna put her seat belt on.
Speaker 4: No, she's not.
Speaker 3: Look at that. She had to push a button to move that stick. Look at that.
Speaker 2: Oh my gracious, toe is so strong. You what thing? It's like the little piggy that went to Market's pretty strong. Yeah, yeah, that's amazing. Old number two. Number two has got some grip.
Speaker 3: Many you have to push a button to move the gear, and she did it with one toe.
Speaker 1: Now for a blinker, it doesn't work. She's not gonna able to sell. She's turning left. But but but I don't know what she when she throw a foot out the window, how.
Speaker 2: Does she set that shirt up? Just then?
Speaker 3: Probably that's a great question. She zipper shirt?
Speaker 2: I mean, think about it? How we doing that?
Speaker 3: How we I mean, if she can put on a seat belt, I guess she can un zip it.
Speaker 2: And how we how are we using the bathroom?
Speaker 3: I mean, that's not where we need to go first.
Speaker 2: I don't know how we I don't know.
Speaker 1: Now we're all now, we're all not you talking about bathrooms when you didn't want to talk about No.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying there's things that good for her, though she could be sorry for herself. She's out riding.
Speaker 1: I would say the string cruise she could be driving is actually easier than some of the things you're saying.
Speaker 6: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know her story, but if she was born that way, then it's just natural to her, right, you know. But but Speedy makes a good point. She's in this kind of a jumpsuit front zipper kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she's got someone else at the house.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, Yeah, if somebody cuts her off in traffic, does she stick her middle toe up at them?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, get her foot out the window.
Speaker 3: Exact ow dare you right? Pull the hamstring trying to do that? Just okay, goodness, my hammies are tight, unlike that lady who is putting on a seat belt.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you whose hammies are not tight. Is the person we just watched.
Speaker 2: O deflex them.
Speaker 1: So we believe she's straight up because we've seen other people with no no arms and legs do incredible things.
Speaker 3: No, the Driving School for Dogs is real. It is a charity in New Zealand teaching rescue dogs how to drive car.
Speaker 2: Well that might be. But them them going thirty miles an hour down the road, I don't know if that is and it takes line. They said, maybe it was adum he was driving that truck to hit the bucket. Yeah, that's okay, all right.
Speaker 3: So they said, the female dogs keep get running into the curb for some reason.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, keep backing the way.
Speaker 1: You have to teach your female dog how to drive. Uh you have taught one, said, besides, you bark the whole time.
Speaker 2: We've all been there.
Speaker 3: And they said, no chow chows could drive it all.
Speaker 2: All right? So uh what I said, why do you have to go?
Speaker 4: They have to go?
Speaker 2: Rachel, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You news forget about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah you're just pilling on man. But the no.
Speaker 1: But when I see like this woman that just drove with no arms, I mean no arms from the shoulder down.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, I mean yeah, not even a half on, not even an elbow.
Speaker 2: Okay, I feel like such a loser.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, I'm like I had, you know, even though I mean she's doing more, probably without arms, than I knew in a day. Yes, you know, I mean you feel like such a you feel like an underachiever.
Speaker 2: Oh big time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right with what I have, I should be doing more. Yes, yes, there you go, so so think about that.
Speaker 2: When you're walking the streets of New York City, Rick, you've gone a couple of extra blocks, think about think about things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'd be no complaining for me.
Speaker 8: Nine zero And see if you can catch a cab with a dog driving it, that'd be great.
Speaker 4: But if I put it an uber, please send dog only.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his hands are in the middle of the wall.
Speaker 3: He can drive. You can drive with Why you gotta put limits on people?
Speaker 2: There was one hundred.
Speaker 4: Chua was in one car show.
Speaker 2: What uh, I'm sorry, I don't want to talk too much. Larry just checked in. He texted me he thought he won the hunt. Who do you think He asked about Adler? Yeah, did you give Adler? Because I did a rod patch like hand it to him. It's right here. I got it in the world, so answers, No, could you please just cause come and get him right now? Yeah, he wants to see it in your hands. I don't know why he thinks you what does tying you to this? He says. If you haven't, of course you wear off my come over. Yeah. See look Larry, what are you there? It is? He says, if you haven't, I would like to see you give it to him. Okay, we just did. Okay, just let me text that back. Not sure why he has wanted that to go to Adler. All right, there it is? Are they okay today? Probably not? Yeah, Jack, I looked at Carolyn. I said, hey, when I leave and everything quiets down, I hope y'all get a good nap today. You know, once the company leaves and the house is quiet, you're like.
Speaker 1: Carolyn went in to worry speedy with a sleepy know why she had a ship?
Speaker 2: We always doing? There's not sweat. I'm glad we had a plinger. So I think I forgot something. Now that's what I'm talking.
Speaker 3: Phone charger. I always do that.
Speaker 2: How many phone chargers that we have? We left?
Speaker 4: I never get home with the phone charger?
Speaker 2: No I did? I did? I left left something. Would you leave? You know, I wanna talk about it. You're gonna laugh. I left, uh.
Speaker 1: No to that, just like it's like you at the Southern Company that must have been been it was.
Speaker 2: There's like a lady sitting you know. I'm just saying I can't bring something up like man, I saw a pine.
Speaker 10: So when you left soaking, just when the neighbors, when he said here you go, you could be giving Greg direction.
Speaker 3: You'd be like, go to the line, take a left.
Speaker 2: Those dogs drive.
Speaker 1: Right, not left. He did, and he should have around you. You can't say it around here.
Speaker 2: But I just said left, and I took a breath to say, uh. Some saline spray and some eye drops right now, Arry, Larry, you can throw those away, Bud, I'm using them. You can throw it away and leave it. So, I don't know, I don't do that.
Speaker 4: I still stand to.
Speaker 1: But on the last statement, I got in trouble for claiming Larry was demanding you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was like that. Well, I mean he didn't like that. It's not the wrong being demand he had, he had. He didn't like it.
Speaker 4: Right now, he's a little demanding, I mean in a good way.
Speaker 2: In a good way, I got to see Adlers. I want to watch it on there.
Speaker 11: Give it to it.
Speaker 2: Again. I don't know why he so come on to me. We're going to feed the dog? Did Yeah? He was demanding in one in one of the posts that I just added to my story out he wanted to take me to his office. And we were in the middle. He said, come on, let's go going the office. Come on. Oh yeah, you got him. Yeah, get into Caroline. This is this is one of them right here. This is to Adler. Hey, he wanted me to this is just for Adler. I just posted this.
Speaker 4: Or Who's who is this here?
Speaker 2: He can I guess who's who's running this right now? Yeah? This is this is Okay, this is them. Won't tigger the cat to chase the little triggers?
Speaker 4: Not interested?
Speaker 2: Listen? Listen to Larry here, listen, Larry. That went really good, buddy, Thank you so much. Did you enjoy yourself?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: And you said you wanted to show adl or something and he wanted right here, Okay, that's her favorite pet.
Speaker 6: That's your Oh yeah right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got a little bit of a glare there there you go.
Speaker 3: Vice Presidential Protective Division.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, yeah, I think she went to the restaurant. Buddy, I don't want to go on in there. They want me to go get her. And she don't know that these are the doubles here all this good grace. He's down here, had doubles there. Oh oh, he's got And then then we go running down the hall and boy gets hot. This is where this is where it gets closed off here. This was my wing here, all right, we got it. There's just there everywhere. That's the bathrooms to left.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then now he's taking me into his office, which we never showed. Oh look, Larry, you have got what. I don't know where he's gonna put them. I don't know. There's just frames and frames and frames of patches. Just I mean, he's counting how many times you think he's counted them, but he wanted to count him again in front of me, and so he counted all these frames and then he goes to some more and then you go over here and he's got more frames and he's just twenty goodwin. Then you got stuff in the hole. Yeah, And then I learned something about Carolyn right here. I didn't know this, man, Oh man.
Speaker 3: This is something else Indians sir, Indians to Indians.
Speaker 6: Uh huh, Carolyn made before we get married. Oh really, so.
Speaker 2: Carolyn painted made him, don't make She's about to tell us what she did. It like Carolyn, I like your Indians Carolyn nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: For a minute, I thought she was answering you from the restroom. I'm so glad we saw it. Oh yeah, yeah, she had just come out, and I know she didn't lay once other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you thought we saw.
Speaker 1: Your everything go back to We saw everything got go back now and you gave me a food story today. Could this be the fiery secret to a longer life? It may be hiding right now in your spice rack. Spicy foods can help with wake control, well yeah, because you don't hang on to it very long, plus reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease, studies have shown, and consuming more spices may also contribute to a longer life span. So ader you like things a little spicy, don't you love it?
Speaker 3: So that's that's not what he meant. Don't look at me like that.
Speaker 1: They're saying that we and I and I don't I struggle with spicy foods. But they're saying that we would all be better off if we would add a little more spice and heat to the diet. The studies that uncover the ability for is it C A P S A I C I M.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about capsationin that's it? Yeah, that's that's that's the element that is heat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, found in chili peppers. For some reason, it altered mice's something by boosting beneficial bacteria and diminishing harmful bacteria. So right now it looks like the mice have benefited from it. They say also greater release of an amino acid trip to fan, which we know is also can be a benefit to the body. So they're saying that the way these chili peppers work, it's all good for the body in many ways, including longevity.
Speaker 2: Well how about that. Whatever, Well, and it'll come out and tell you differently, Well that's true.
Speaker 1: You know. Then they'll come back and say, I hope you're not eating chili peppers because it's gonna take it as I got news for you them, Oh reaper pepper, you know, challenge both dying from them. Yeah, listen to me, it's it's not worth dying over. No, Yeah, that's it. So if he wants that no food. There is one thing, yeah, a food, there is one thing. But I don't I'm just you know, I don't like being a daredevil with food.
Speaker 6: I know you do.
Speaker 1: I don't like them as a contest. We talked about that. I don't like it to be a challenge. I don't like to look at you and go have survived lunch today? You know, to me, if you're eating is making.
Speaker 2: Your forehead sweat? Right, what you're eating is you might want to try something? Absolutely yeah, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna turn it over to these guys, right all right, I think I see my ride they're sharing.
Speaker 4: You sure do? All right?
Speaker 1: So uh great to meet you guys, Dan, Ali, Andrew, Cindy and Trista. I'm gonna leave it with the guys and I hope that they handle with care. Lord willing talk to you Monday. Enjoy the weekend, and thank you so much for being part of what we do.
Speaker 6: This is the Reek Burgess show.
Speaker 2: There since Greg Burgess in the TV room is Ady van Adler along with mister Chen. They are hanging out ready to go. We have this hour. Rickless.
Speaker 1: He has left just a little early to catch a flight with Sherry as they go up to New York City for the weekend.
Speaker 2: So we'll have lots of stories on Monday. If you're joining us live now, we're heading in towards the weekend. Hard to believe. And I don't want to sound like I'm old man.
Speaker 1: You know, because sometimes we'll talk about weather and all that, But it is hard to believe it's already right at July.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and July fourth is a week away. I know it's hot, I'll tell you that, but it's very hot. I will say this. I don't know about where y'all were, but yesterday it got heated up. Don't get me wrong, but coming back from Dublin, Georgia, it was like seventy nine eighty degrees for a long portion of the drive and I had like the windows now just yeah, just getting you had the windows down. I did. It was felt good, you know, well what I mean?
Speaker 3: I did burn another another black and mile. No, I wasn't windows down.
Speaker 2: Hey, did I did that just for y'all? It was just for y'all.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Or did I say? Adler come through on his scooter? He he has he has the electric scooter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you never know what's going to happen people here.
Speaker 2: Mine won't take a ride on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you got kids here. I feel bad for the kids that are here. They're clearly bored and their dad's having a good time.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. You opened up the drums in the.
Speaker 3: Break, Yes, yes, Andrew jumped on the drums. You got any drums, Greg, you're out.
Speaker 1: Of the band.
Speaker 3: It was nice to play with somebody that actually knows what the word dynamic means.
Speaker 1: I get it, I get it. I've never I've never claimed it. I was any good.
Speaker 3: Hey, talking about being on the road with windows down? What is the deal when you pass people and we're both going like seventy four miles an hour and they've got all their windows down, are they not?
Speaker 2: Like it's got to be misering, wind blown?
Speaker 3: And they just keep going. And I see it in junkie cars, so you can say, maybe no a C. But I also see it in nice cars.
Speaker 2: Just junkie cars.
Speaker 3: Well, you know you maybe they don't have a C.
Speaker 1: You know. Let me tell you what I have no desire to have either, never have had one, is a convertible.
Speaker 6: I don't want.
Speaker 2: I don't want that I had the whole time. It blows her hair. Yeah, yes, I need one.
Speaker 1: You had a convertible, had a convertible, yeah, back in the back, and I had a Mustang uh at GT five point Oh oh no, but I had the car people.
Speaker 3: We know what that means. We're car people.
Speaker 2: This was funny. Tyler would always want the top down, and I put him in the car seat in the back seat and he'd put his shades on and with cruise down, with the top of the kid. That was fun. That was fun. But you're right, it didn't go down much. And then when they're up, they don't look as good. Right what somebody time and cut it off.
Speaker 3: Somebody cut the vinyl all that junk. That's crazy. Yeah it was an X.
Speaker 2: Yeah not the case.
Speaker 3: It was a scorned lover.
Speaker 2: Didn't go back to it soaking, it didn't go back.
Speaker 3: To Okay, Okay, clearly a scorned woman. Oliver Anthony wrote a song about that. I don't know if you've heard. Yea, yeah, she's got a new song, scorned woman.
Speaker 2: Is that what it is? Okay?
Speaker 1: I can I ask you a question about Oliver and then I know you want to get into this, but didn't he get didn't he and his wife just have a divorce.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and part of.
Speaker 1: The I guess the paperwork, she gets half or not all, So he's back to nothing, right.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, am I wrong? She wants of all of his money going forward. She wants and I think the deal was they were going to split it fifty to fifty all of his money going forward, but she said that's not enough. I want more than fifty to fifty. That is what the lyrics are alleging. They say, okay, we're going fifty to fifty, but but she says the numbers don't add up or something like that.
Speaker 1: Not too long ago, I saw an interview with him and he was like, well, I'm I'm not doing anything. I'm just going to, you know, live off what I made. And I guess all that changed when when this happened. I guess, yeah, Well, you know a lot of people were saying you need a sign with the record label and this, that and the other, and he was like, I'll just do it on But he was able to do really well, and I thought, so it's not past earnings, it's it's future.
Speaker 3: What are you trying to get on in on future earnings. Yes, and that's very sad, and I hate to hear that that's going rough for him.
Speaker 2: He's one of your favorite artists.
Speaker 3: Well, people said that that, you know, Richmond, North of Richmond is the workingman's anthem, and then this next song is the divorce man's anism.
Speaker 1: He's going cash in just like you did on Theo's And it's a good song, it right.
Speaker 2: I remember, I like it better than I did the other one.
Speaker 3: Oh you've heard them both, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the other one got on my nerves a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, the first time you hit you heard the original, remember it was the whole COVID thing and everything shut down and that they did you not?
Speaker 3: I that wasn't I thought that was like one year ago. COVID was five years.
Speaker 2: So this wasn't just one year ago that Oliver hit hard.
Speaker 3: Oliver Anthony Richmond thought it was.
Speaker 4: I thought it was.
Speaker 2: The man was going to get you.
Speaker 3: And because it's you know, okay, it's twenty twenty three, it is not COVID. Well that was okay, got it wasnteen.
Speaker 2: It was the spring and summer of twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: What is what does the nineteen and COVID nineteen mean it means twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: But right, but I know it started in like the fall, but not the US.
Speaker 1: It did. It hit in the spring and Sunday twenty You thought it was.
Speaker 2: I thought he was about the government screwing you. That's what I kind is. But it was what we learned. I thought it was what we learned from all that.
Speaker 3: No, anyway, No, it we got the government screwing people.
Speaker 2: God, what I just said, we.
Speaker 1: Got on my nerves about the last one is the way everybody? How many emails have y'all heard that song? Have y'all heard that song? People are just wearing us out about it.
Speaker 3: It went big. It did go big, And I thought it was good, and you thought it was stupid.
Speaker 2: The first time you heard it was because you're a rich.
Speaker 3: Man north of Richmond.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I heard him on an interview with Rogan the other day and he's talking about how you can he don't need a record label all because he made millions the last time.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And and like you said, he said he showed up at first concert. He didn't have that many songs, you know, he had that one. Yeah, And they played a few more. But I think he said the first check he got was eight hundred thousand, first check when he started seeing money man, and then of course now his wife's got half of it, and then most the other half he hadn't made yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right in the nineteen does stand for coronavirus of twenty nineteen?
Speaker 2: Right, No, it don't.
Speaker 3: It does. Why do you think they put a Why do you think they put a nineteen on there? Almost cussed at you, Almost cussed at you. Yeah, that's exactly what it means. But it's not a big deal. But why would you fight me on that spit?
Speaker 1: He's the one that said that Oliver Anthony was singing about it and he wasn't. No, that wasn't mean I knew it wasn't we gotta go back protest song. You're argue, you're reflecting to me. Let's let's fight with I did, but let's focus.
Speaker 2: On COVID nineteen. You're saying it's not because of twenty nineteen. I didn't say that. You said that. Oh my gosh, I didn't say it's because it was. I don't know how COVID.
Speaker 1: Night teen is because it's it was originated in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: And I said that that true.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what.
Speaker 2: That's what. I didn't know why his name.
Speaker 1: I did think that post COVID and all that that discoverment screw and you know, I thought it was an anthem for all that.
Speaker 2: Like how you I heard that Olive? What's his name again, Anthony?
Speaker 1: He actually had COVID, So I mean that's what that's that's where you got that?
Speaker 2: Did I guess I got it all wrong. Yeah, you know, we're talking about talking about music, so I guess I need to shut up. But I did think it was about you.
Speaker 1: Know, maybe I don't know. I don't know nothing. All I know is it was a pretty good song. But everybody just wasn't shut up about it. How many days do we get after we'd all heard about it? We kept getting emails? He have y'all heard the rich.
Speaker 2: Men nor the rigid that's why you didn't like it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I know that's something weird about me, Yeah, because everybody's asking about it.
Speaker 2: But that was it. Actually I liked the song till everybody started.
Speaker 3: Asking about.
Speaker 2: And that's what I was going to ask you.
Speaker 3: A regimental thing going on there, Greg, This is not normally.
Speaker 2: So the first time you heard it and he's, you know, off in the woods and it's raining dogs, the first time you heard it, you go okay? Or did you immediately? Not like it is? So many people had wore me out about how you need to hear it. I was expecting too much, okay, And then even after I heard it, people kept wearing me out. But before that, we were just getting bombarded with emails about it. And then when I listened to it, I guess I was expecting too much.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I sang it in my car. I got by myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's okay, it's okay to say you like it? You know what I mean? You don't have this protest in COVID nineteen. What you no, I'm just saying. I'm just saying. Post then, wasn't it like up you got the Biden administration, you had COVID nineteen, everybody lied to you. The government's shutting you down, and it's like the government, the government's kind of screwing you and all this kind of stuff. I thought it was all about that.
Speaker 3: It was about the government, not about COVID nineteen.
Speaker 2: But wasn't it post COVID nineteen. They did get it.
Speaker 3: I've been fauci in all days he has doesn't have nothing to do with Fauci or anything like.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't say fauton.
Speaker 6: He is the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 2: This this, this is going to really bother us because time has flown by.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: He brought up Biden and Trump. Take take this adler is this was this the debate that the debate.
Speaker 3: I honestly, I feel like it feels like more than a year ago. This was It was only one year ago. Biden was still in Kamala, had not even rand flown by. Biden had not dropped, Biden had not dropped out. It was only a year ago.
Speaker 2: You hadn't even got mister Chen.
Speaker 3: I had we didn't have mister Chen. Yes, all kinds.
Speaker 2: Of things saying. He's saying Chin, y'all don't know how to spell it, speaking of Chin's.
Speaker 3: Speaking of chins. Here is uh. This is just some recaps highlights from the debate. Uh. This is one of the more damning clips and that's not a cuss word.
Speaker 12: Great making sure that we're able to make every single solitary Christ eligible for what I've been going to do with the Uh with the covid ixculd be with dealing with everything we have to do with. Oh yeah, Trump, we'll get Trump if oh, we finally beat medicare.
Speaker 3: Take your President Biden, President tru Oh we finally beat edited. No, No, this is all part of the debate.
Speaker 2: That was it. You could tell he was trying. He was trying so.
Speaker 3: Hard, trying so hard that a and this.
Speaker 2: Was the that gives me a weird feeling going back to that.
Speaker 3: That's our president for four years. Here's a here's another clip. This was the nail in the coffin.
Speaker 2: That's all me go again, what's happening.
Speaker 12: I've changed it in the way that now you're in a situation where the forty percent fewer people coming across the border illegally.
Speaker 2: It's better when he left.
Speaker 12: Office, and I'm going to continue to move until we get the total bang, the total initiative relative to what we're going to do with more border patrol and more President Trump, I really don't know what he said at the end of this stands.
Speaker 2: Do I think he knows what he said either.
Speaker 3: Look, I don't know what he said at the end of that sentence. I don't think he knows either. Trump said that in a.
Speaker 2: Debate, he looks over.
Speaker 1: I really don't know what he's right, Yeah, yeah, wow, I really don't know what he said.
Speaker 2: I don't think he does cheers.
Speaker 3: Here's some of the news coverage. I still can't believe this was only a year ago. It feels like two years ago. You're gonna hear Caitlyn Collins in June's of twenty twenty four on CNN and then Abby Phillip in April of twenty twenty five. What a difference just a short amount of time makes. Has days locked in tenth to three? Good lore. I was screening it up and it's.
Speaker 7: I spent days locked in intense preparation, surrounded by his closest advisors at Camp David, and our sources are telling us tonight that full mock debates underway at the podium under the lights. He's even watching tape to know exactly what he's going to see when he steps up to that lecture. His team shot a video during a walk through the CNN studio, and as I reported while covering him at the White House, when Biden prepares, he does so incredibly intensively.
Speaker 3: So just how.
Speaker 11: Worried where Biden aids before the former president's disastrous debate last summer. According to Ron Klain, his chief of staff, his concerns could not be overstated. At his first meeting with Biden for debate prep, quote Clayann was startled. He had never seen Biden so exhausted and so out of it. Biden was unaware of what was happening in his own campaign. Halfway through the session, the President excused himself and went off to sit by the pool. Part about the pool. He went off. This is in the middle of debate prep, went off to the pool, and he took a nap.
Speaker 2: Gracious. This is seriously, I don't want to sound too dramatic. This could could possibly be one of the biggest political cover ups in the history of our nineties. Yes, this guy was out of it. Here people were running the country and but they were saying in front of the mic, he was fine.
Speaker 3: Here is the day before the debate morning Joe talking about Biden's sharpness.
Speaker 2: Just scared out of his mind.
Speaker 3: He's whining Trump.
Speaker 5: This scared out of his scared He's whining in a whimpering because Joe Biden may may may just.
Speaker 2: Be really badly. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You you tell me.
Speaker 5: Why Why are they running so scared from Joe Biden, a guy who they've spent the last eight years saying is out of his mind.
Speaker 13: If Donald Trump in fact loses the debate, then he has already laid the groundwork for saying, well, it was rigged. It was always rigged. It was rigged the whole time. Uh, here's the problem. It kind of is rigged. You know, Joe Biden out maneuvered Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Dude, Gracious, that was a year ago, y'all. Yeah, look what's changed?
Speaker 3: Long?
Speaker 2: Look how much has changed?
Speaker 3: Long year? Of course, Kaitlyn Collins was the same one, echoing just recently the fact the bad intel that was leaked saying that this strike on the Iran nuclear facilities was not successful, it didn't take any of their facilities down. Kaitlyn Collins was again repeating that it's so wild. They'll get a leak and they know what they're doing. They're trying to run down the current administration. There's no doubt about that. Yeah, and they'll take information that they know is shaky and say that this is one hundred percent true, one hundred percent real, and run with it for a full, full twenty four hours as hard as they can, because they know that the truth is coming behind that, and they hope that the lie is louder than the truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I just don't know really what to say. I think it's a bad strategy. You know, they haven't learned obviously one lesson. And I thought at some point, as Americans, we could all be saying team on certain issues and we don't have to beat somebody down just because we can't stand the person. I thought, hopefully the flag in America comes before or that, but apparently not for some people.
Speaker 3: If you're not America first, you're America last.
Speaker 1: That's right, mister chen, I have an applauded Yeah, he's upside down.
Speaker 6: He is The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the Daily Best
Speaker 2: Of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV