Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, I'm strong and Jettiete, I know he armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: It was the underpaying of the Democratic campaign that Donald Trump is a fascist. And what I see in this, what it tells me and what it ought to tell Democrats is they didn't mean any of it. It totally blows up the way they ran this campaign.
Speaker 4: At the end of the camp you know, I'm glad it's a peaceful transition to power, But what happened to the threat of democracy talk?
Speaker 2: What happened to the fascist talk? By the way, how do you go from he's an extension threat to democracy? So welcome back. He was smiling, and.
Speaker 5: I do think that the public sea some of the public sees this and they're like, okay, So was that all totally overstated or was he just saying not to win or to scare tell about trying it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I said the other day. I'm I'm kind of happy that this next generation of voters got their first dose of oh, this is all phony. Now, I get it, because that happened to a lot of US many many years ago, and we realize that people say all kinds of crazy crap during campaigns that they don't mean at all, but the next round of young people or new voters always buy it and think it's real until you see, you know, commonly get up there and give her speech and say, the fight goes on. We'll get him next time. What what do you mean get him next time? He said last night there will never be another vote if Trump wins. Shouldn't we be like marshaling our forces to figure out how to fight the fascist before he gets in office? Why are we not crafting swords and shields out of old auto parts? I mean, this is an existential wall. Like Margaret Brennan asked, or Okana on Face the Nation, are you, you know, working on legislation to deal with the fascist take over or or or was that just talk?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: Hyperbole like well, like a lot of things, has to increase over time, because yesterday's hyperbole is is kind of quaint, right, And.
Speaker 2: So I surely.
Speaker 1: I'm about to say something that I will regret. Surely we're like at the top of the hyperbole scale. We'll never have another election, and you will be enslaved, and.
Speaker 2: What's beyond that, you'll be eaten. What's beyond He's Hitler, He's Jeffrey, He's Jeffrey Dahmer. He will go home to home and eat you. He will drug you, have sex with you, your sex zombie body, and then eat.
Speaker 1: Eat all right, exactly, I guess that's all that's left anyway. We look forward to that in twenty twenty eight, if not the midterms.
Speaker 2: Right, speaking of.
Speaker 1: The over and lunatic reaction to the recent election, boy, I would like to dig more into white women losing their freaking minds over the election and cutting off family members and having psychological meltdowns and what does it mean? I mean, you know, I would like to have a fun and entertaining conversation about it.
Speaker 2: I would also like to.
Speaker 1: Learn to hear learned, you know, sages try to explain the phenomenon because it's disturbing.
Speaker 2: Our politics should not be like this?
Speaker 1: Or is it before we get into the bulk of what we wanted to talk about this segment?
Speaker 2: Or is it?
Speaker 1: And I have to remind myself constantly, nutjobs.
Speaker 2: Cuckoo birds, whatever you want to call.
Speaker 1: Them, have always existed. But unless one live next door to you. You never knew about it in the past. But with the Internet, everybody is their own publishing company, and because of what is it called notability bias or something like that, if somebody says something completely fruit loops, you are much much much more are likely to hear it. Then if somebody says something perfectly reasonable. Is that why it seems like more people are having absolute inexplicable meltdowns online or.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you just said is true, but I personally know people. Not a lot of people just because the circles are run in, but I personally know people that are pretty crazy over this stuff. Yeah, well it never runs both ways, and I never did before.
Speaker 1: It runs both ways now that I think about it for five seconds, the inputs of the crazy ideas are much more common and they're more easily reinforced. It's like every other crazy ass Internet thing we've talked about. If you were, you know, not very many years ago at all, and you were in your hometown and you said, you know, if Trump wins, I think he's going to impose a Hitler like Nazi regime and will never have another election, everybody would say, dude, no, he was president for a while and January sixth sucked in all but no, like everybody came together and said, no, we preserved the union customer. It'll be fine, Jim, It'll be fine, And you would be dissuaded. Now you get online and you might have to cover the entire globe to find ten thousand people who agreed with you. But you'd find ten thousand and it would feel like a lot, right, Yeah, exactly. Yeah, humankind can't take the internet anyway, speaking.
Speaker 2: Of go ahead, was it? Or more on that? Or no, I can't and I don't want to use the b all o time. But I've been making my way through the book Sapiens, and wow, is that a good book into the what we know about Homo sapiens and our ability to gather together over ideas and how important it is to our survival and why we beat out all the other human species because they couldn't do That fits in with this perfectly, and the Internet exploits that and the same way that candy bars exploit our desire for sweet. But the only suite that used to exist is fruit our desire to take in information and band together it around around. It used to only be pretty real. Information from our village is now being exploited like a candy bar by the internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah for profit, Yeah, perfect, perfect, perfect bridge clip here to get us into the main theme of things. Speaking of freakouts, the brilliant Riley Gains Mike Glenn in seventy one.
Speaker 5: When your political party or your ideology calls for you to shave your head, block your friends on social media, and cut off family members, you are no longer dealing with a political party. You are in a cult. I think the irony of this is that this is the crowd that claims to be tolerant and accepting and welcoming to diverse groups.
Speaker 2: But clearly they're not welcoming.
Speaker 5: They're not welcoming to diverse thought, and that's been made very clear over the past four years. That's the environment that the previous the current I guess administration has created.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, it's like the great lie of DEI. They don't mean diverse, they mean us. You have to let us in. Then the moment they control it, there's zero diversity. But cult is thrown around too often. But if you're claiming my side's a cult, but you're banding together by shaving your heads.
Speaker 2: That's kind of a cult. Go to the whole shave in your heads thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the media has been in on it because they're mostly soft heads, are way lefty, or just go along to get along. But their coverage of a lot of the gender bending madness stuff which Riley Gains is a big activist on. She's incredibly courageous because she wants get this hit, this craziness.
Speaker 2: She wants only women and women's sports.
Speaker 1: So anyway, you got Seth Moulton, the Democratic congress MANU was doing an autopsy of the election, said, look, Democrats spend way too much time trying not to offend anyone rather than being brutally honest about the challenges many Americans face.
Speaker 2: I have two little girls.
Speaker 1: I don't want them getting run over on a playing field by a male or formerly male athlete.
Speaker 2: But as a.
Speaker 1: Democrat, I'm supposed to be afraid to say that. Well, one of his top aides resigned, essentially calling him a bigot and a transphobe for even saying that. Who's in a cult And you didn't hear this because the incredible bias of the media. But an Indiana law banning gender affirming care for miners. Hey, Newsmax, why do you use that term? That is an incredibly prejudicial term intended to prejudge the question.
Speaker 2: Sure, gender affirming care means there's such thing as that. Yeah, right, more than half of the country thinks there isn't such thing as that. No, you're you're signing on a radical gender theory that a boy, well, a boy is a boy, maybe, but can choose their gender whatever the hell that means.
Speaker 1: It doesn't anything with the right care and brutal, horrific experimental surgeries and drug treatments on those confued youths is gender affirming Again, You're letting them win the argument with the very words you're using.
Speaker 2: Stop it.
Speaker 1: But a panel of judges on the Seventh US Circuit Court of Appeals ruled two to one Wednesday that the laws restrictions are absolutely within the purview of the Indiana General Assembly and do not infringe on the constitutional rights of quote unquote transgender children.
Speaker 2: There ought to be quotes around that.
Speaker 1: It's a radical gender theory, whack a doodle, unsupportable theory of quote unquote gender. Anybody who uses the term transgender for children. It ought to be in quotes, but it doesn't infringe on anybody's rights in the Circuit Court of Appeals up held. It good A quick word from our friends at prize Picks. Then I want to get to some audio we played the other day, but I didn't fully appreciate how Looney Tunes it was, and.
Speaker 2: I want to highlight that. After a word again.
Speaker 1: From Prize Picks. The best place to get real money sports action over ten million members, billions of dollars in awarded winnings, and it's fun and easy. You just pick more are less on at least two players in their stats for a shot to win up to one hundred times your cash.
Speaker 2: I got the email yesterday from Price Picks about the more or less categories for the Mike Tyson Jake Paul fight, which I was excited to see. Of course, you got a big NFL weekend coming up. You can now win up to one hundred times your money on Prize Picks with as little as four correct picks and with Veno in the mix. Now for quick and easy deposits and withdrawals into your account, you can get your money within fifteen minutes. Yeah, and again it's.
Speaker 1: Two to six players and Prize Picks invented the flex play, which means you can still cash out if your lineup is not perfect. You can double your money even if one of your picks doesn't hit. So download the Prize Picks app today. Use the code of Armstrong to get fifty bucks instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 2: That's the code Armstrong.
Speaker 1: You get fifty bucks instantly after you play your first five bucks. You don't have to win, it's automatic. Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: Run your game. I'm taking the over on one ear schewed off by Mike Tyson. I think Jake Paul will leave the ring with zero ears?
Speaker 1: Wow, you think he'll both shoot off completely off? Boy, that's not only more but logistically challenged. Yeah no, Well he's got to get in there and start chewing anyway. The whole transgender thing is a cult. It's absolutely a cult, and it's sad that the poor adolescent girls in particular and some gay boys or effeminate boys are getting whisked down this road by activists oppose it everywhere, no cruel experiments on children. But CNN the other day had j Michaelson, who's a left LGBTQ plus minus over the Power for a BBQ activist and Shemichael Singleton, who is a youngish black man who is a moderately conservative fella, and they were talking about boys playing girl sports. And I just heard the audio and I hadn't seen the video, and so I lost a lot of significance of it. But go ahead and play it. First of all, Michael seventy, I.
Speaker 6: Think there are a lot of families out there who don't don't believe boys should play girls sports.
Speaker 2: They're not boys. I'm not going to listen to transphobia. I am not going to trans girl a boy when you use the.
Speaker 3: Changed they're not boys, they're not playing girl I'm not gonna sit there listen a second.
Speaker 2: But that's why Republicans kept running those ads over and over and over again, because they saw the metrics suggestion that lying in those ads over and over again and using rhetoric like you just use saying this is boys playing girl sports, which we were talking about, would prefer.
Speaker 3: Talking about trans girls playing playing being allowed to play.
Speaker 2: With the people who are in their gender. And if we don't believe, you don't have to listen to me, listen to the American Medical Association, the American Psychological.
Speaker 1: All right, so there's so much cross talk.
Speaker 2: You missed some of it.
Speaker 1: First of all, the whiteweight empty headed hostess there whose name I don't recall.
Speaker 2: Maybe somebody can pipe in. It doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: During the Well, let's start with the fact that Shermichael Singleton said we can't have boys playing girls sports, and the Jay Michaelson character said.
Speaker 2: They're not boys, they're girls.
Speaker 1: No, they're not. You're a lunatic. You're in a cult. You can't change your sex by declaring it.
Speaker 2: That's just.
Speaker 1: And what's interesting is the hostess jumps in and says, Sher Michael, let's be respectful and asks him not to use the terms that Jay Michaelson is objecting to. Don't say they're boys. Wait a minute, that's the entire question. So here on CNN, you're saying, is Charlie Cook pointed out on The National Review, I'm seeing their apples, you're saying they're oranges, and you're telling me I'm not allowed to say they're apples because that offends the guy saying they're oranges.
Speaker 2: What the hell kind of show is this?
Speaker 1: Secondly, CNN's seemed just perfectly content with a white guy shouting down a black guy and saying you don't get to talk because you're offending me. Oh, that's kind of funny, CNN. It's kind of funny that you're fine with that all of a sudden. Wow, no kidding on any other topic. That's the whole not boys. Yes, they are you crazy person, and folks, we got to stand up and say that. Don't let them force you to say something you know not to be true.
Speaker 2: My mom, for the first time, weighed in on presidential cabinet picks in an email. You stay for some reason, and I think she's right, among other things. On the way stay tuned.
Speaker 7: The morning of your flight, you're going to text yourself your flight number, Okay, but the key is you have to include your airline code. So, for example, if I'm flying American Airlines flight six eighty six, I'm gonna type AA six eighty six. That text will become a link to tell you everything you need to know about your flight. Click on your link and oh, I'm Gate D six.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 7: Whoever's picking you up? Can what do I see you? A little airplane flying across the screen you know, when you take off, you're supposed to land at eight thirty in the morning, and then mid fight it's like there's a great tail wind or something and you end up landing at eight o six. It'll update on that Lincoln, whoever's picking you up can see exactly when that fight satis changes.
Speaker 1: I was flying not terribly long ago, and I can't remember.
Speaker 2: It was somebody in the airline.
Speaker 1: I had a question and they said, yeah, just type the flight number into your browser and hit return. It'll automatically go to our like not super public facing website and you'll have all the info.
Speaker 2: You naw, wow, that's a handy. How do I just know this now, right? Or do they not want everybody to know it? Don't know. I would think that that that'd be signs everywhere saying that.
Speaker 1: I would save them, you know, people calling and I don't know. Why did I dig the moon drive in a week of work Today? Last night, when the boys and I went out to eat.
Speaker 2: Super Bright, Big Round, obviously full moon, I didn't realize this though. It's an extra special beaver moon. It's the last super moon of the year, so enjoy it tonight again. An extra special beaver moon. Yeah, if you're into the fancy moons. So Alena Habba, my mom sent me the other which is very out of character for her. She said, Alena Habba, Trump's lawyer and all his court cases. That's the super hot lawyer you'd always see any court case. Yeah, she was being considered for his press secretary. Then she withdrew her name the same day Matt Gates was named. And my mom's theory is that Matt Gates won't get confirmed and then he's going to put her in for Attorney General, his personal lawyer. I have no idea, but I did look into her background a little bit, and she is a very religious, very respected, upstanding citizen, kind of the opposite of Matt Gates in terms of her personal life. But whether or not she BDAG, I have no idea. Here's one interesting thing from her background, though, and I didn't know anything about her. She's married to a guy. She's from New Jersey. Her and her husband are both from New Jersey. Her husband is a businessman in parking lot in the parking lot management industry in New Jersey for good about it. So she's a lawyer for Donald Trump and he's in the parking lot management industry in New Jersey. No can forget about it. Hell Jersey is that.
Speaker 1: Well parking lot Sir, handy service to do something. Hey, you don't manage themselves right exactly. You gotta be proactive about that craft.
Speaker 2: Huh r FK Junior gonna be the secretary of HHS for better or worse. His name was put up yesterday officially. We can talk more about that at some point.
Speaker 1: Or is Trump just establishing, as he often does, a kind of wildly aggressive open position that he's more than willing to back off of with some of these appointments.
Speaker 2: It just demands. Yeah. Mike Tyson gave it in an interesting interview I'd like to play a portion of at some point. Also stay tuned Armstrong and Getdy. Fifty eight year.
Speaker 4: Old boxing legend Mike Tyson is coming out of retirement to fight twenty seven year.
Speaker 2: Old YouTuber Jake Paul. I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 4: Because there's a thirty year age gap between Jake Paul and Mike Tyson.
Speaker 2: I mean, think of it the other way around.
Speaker 4: If Mike Tyson was boxing Al Pacino would be.
Speaker 2: Okay with us. I mean, he says.
Speaker 4: The big fight is tomorrow, and fans are already making signs to hold up at the arena, and we saw some earlier. We have some right here for Look at this sign. It says, these punches are softer than the food Biden eats.
Speaker 2: These signs are holding up, gearing up.
Speaker 4: Wow, look at this other time, This sun says my girlfriend who lives in Canada is.
Speaker 2: More real than this. Oh my, it's very cynical. That's good. Yeah, look at it. These are the signs people are old enough. I did just see. So Katie hipped us to the fact that there's some supposed controversy around Jake Paul crawling like a monkey on stage and that was racist or something like that. I would have never thought of that, because I don't think about the world in those terms. But it was a weird way. I just saw it, the way he monkey crawled onto the stage. I don't know. I think he's just trying to be entertaining in a goofy on a YouTube star sort of way. But hmmm, it'll be a pretty old school sort of comment, wouldn't it. Well, he's a provocateur and offender. Uh, I'm going to try to pretend that I think there's something somewhat interesting about this, like on a deeper level rather than just kind of funny. Mike Tyson did an interview with some young reporter yesterday and she was asking him about his legacy or whether this will damage his legacy or whatever. And the key to the visual is that she looks like she well, she's like five four and a half feet tall, eighty pounds, and like looks like she's sixteen years old, which she looked horrified by talking to this giant old man. But this is how the interview.
Speaker 8: Went well and your return to the ring for this fight, you are setting a monumental opportunity for kids my age to see the legend Mike Tyson in the ring for the first time. So, after such a successful career, what type of legacy would you like to leave behind when it's all said and done.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know. I don't believe in the word legacy. I think that's another word for ego. Legacy doesn't mean nothing. That's just some word everybody grabbed on to. Some One said that word, and everyone grabbed on the words, and I was used every five seconds. It means absolutely nothing to me. I'm just passing through. I'm gonna die and it's gonna be over. Who cares about legacy after that? With a big ego? So I'm gonna die. I want people to think that I'm this, I'm great, I'm gonna way nothing. Well, you're dead with dust, absolutely nothing. That legacy is nothing.
Speaker 8: Well, thank you so much for sharing that. That is something that I have not heard before someone say that as an answer.
Speaker 6: Can you really imagine somebody thing? I want my legacy to be this way when I get dead? Well, do you want to think I really want to think about you?
Speaker 2: How? What's good that that thing?
Speaker 6: I want you to think about me when I'm gone? Who the kids about me when I'm gone? My kids made me a grandkid.
Speaker 2: And she cried herself just and she just says, well, thank you for that answer. And he's got this very serious look on his face. He's looking down at her. If you die, you're just dead, you're dust. Nobody cares you're dead.
Speaker 1: Uh. Thanks, you know that she handled it with a plum, no doubt.
Speaker 2: I do think that's interesting though. I've thought about that since I read Woody Allen's autobiography that he put up a couple of years ago that he has. He doesn't care at all what mark he left on the movie industry. He enjoyed making movies. But beyond that, you know, I'll be gone and eventually he'll never be remembered again. I just I never think about it, he said, I never think about it ever, like whether people liked it or not, or it's the groundbreaking or whatever. So the whole legacy thing is another word for ego, is actually a pretty interesting view of life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for all of the easy jokes that come when you're discussing Mike Tyson, he really is an interesting guy in a lot of ways. His life path, what he's lived through, the heights, the depths, his combination of like brutality, and he's no intellectual, but he is a thoughtful guy in a very unique way. His sort of thoughtful guy generally doesn't get quoted and looked at and listened to. He's a complicated guy, no doubt.
Speaker 2: What do you think that in general? And I think I would do a carve out for I would like my legacy to live on with my children will feel like they were well raised, or I will have some influence on their parenting or whatever.
Speaker 1: That sort of showing, but in terms of, like, you know, all kinds of other stuff, what difference does it make? Yeah, I think this is the kind of question that you might change your mind depending on what mood you're in. But I totally see his point. I mean that, poor girl, thank you, thank you for that answer. When you die, you're dead, You're having dead, Nobody eving cares you're dust. Oh okay, I go home now, I'm fourteen. Yeah, that's okay. So I guess my answer briefly would be I completely get the idea of you want to be remembered fondly or with respect, and maybe you have a project whatever it is, a book, symphony, whatever, and you would like that to endure as.
Speaker 2: Really good work.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, as the great philosopher Mike Tyson you pointed out, you're going to be gone and will be totally unaware of it, at least depending on your conception of the afterlife and whatever.
Speaker 2: And I don't want to get into that.
Speaker 1: Is it just a desperate effort to deny mortality. It feels like you will keep living on because people are still reading your book. Well, does anybody's view of the afterlife include your financial successes or fame having a role.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, no, But is it worth producing something or sharing an idea or introducing compassion even that influences people after you're gone. I think if you think you're truly I mean, if you like some brilliant constitutional scholar who helps people understand why. For instance, even though Donald Jay wants all of his appointees appointed without Senate approval, if he can't get it why, that's probably not a good idea. If you can communicate that in a way that persuades people three generations down the line and keeps the Constitution intact, that's really really cool.
Speaker 2: Sure, absolutely, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Have you just a good question, especially as post by a man who punched other people in the head for a living.
Speaker 2: And demand's ear off. Have you seen any of the videos of RFK Junior lifting weight shirtless? I think I did once. I think he was. I think he was in that famous where they lift weight on Venice Beach in LA and he's walking around the shirt off, or he walking around regular clothes and he took off his suit jacket his shirt, so he's in jeans and he's like, he looks like a bodybuilder. I mean, he looks like a Flip and Barbie bodybuilder, and he does some bench prices. He's seventy years old. He is a freak of nature in terms of you. He's a roid guy, isn't he. Hey, I don't know if he does Royd's. He admits to testosterone, but I don't know if he does Royds it on. He's quite large, yeah, quite a bit larger than he was when he was much younger. And I don't know if he's gonna prescribe that for everyone. If he's HHS secretary, all may almost will get a free prescription. I don't know. Sounds gonna make it's quick on RFA Junior.
Speaker 1: There are several stances he has I'd like to hear him flesh out. Maybe they've been overstated or twisted by the mainstream media and big farm or whatever. I'm willing to give the guy a full hearing completely. The bear prank was funny. That is not evidence that he's unfit for anything. He comes across a dead bear, he thinks, hmm, one doesn't come across a dead bear every day.
Speaker 2: What profit might there be in this dead bear?
Speaker 1: There's certainly none for the bear, and he thought, you know, it'd be funny if I left this in Central Park and people had, say, a bear got run over a by a bike. Hey, you know what, that's ged funny. I do it for a living. That's funny. How about he's qualifying the fact that the guy thinks out of the box and he's got kind of a nutty sense of humor.
Speaker 2: Good for you, RFK. How about the chain sawing off the dead whale's head and strapping it to your van with the juices running down the windows. That's so gross.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, to have it a fully intact whales skull would be kind of.
Speaker 2: Cool, quirky, but not disqualifying in my mind in terms of being ahhs secret.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I would think of it. But he was with his wife and children at the time, wasn't he. Uh Yeah, his daughter tells that story. He himself toward the bear story, and then his daughter tells the whalehead story.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I would think that of the whale, but I would be vetoed so vehemently by the particularly the women in my life, that I would not have chainsawed off the whales head and put it on the roof.
Speaker 2: Of my car just in case. I don't know what all y'all's media flow is. But every media outlet talking about RFK Junior calls him anti vax. He specifically said to every microphone he could come in contact with yesterday that he's not anti vacked. So that will have to be, you know, fleshed out, as Joe said, figure out where he is on what kind of vaccinations and all that sort of thing. But don't take the mainstream media's word for it that he's officially anti vaccinations across the board. And one more quick note.
Speaker 1: H Pete Hegseath, Trump's pick for Defense secretary was investigated for alleged sexual assault in twenty seventeen, and now all the mainstream media guys are reporting on that he was almost immediately cleared. There was nothing there as far as they could tell. Some late night incident somebody got mad and called the cops. But anyway, so there's I don't think there's anything to be uncovered there.
Speaker 2: But it's getting a lot of attention. Liften, little girl, when you die, you're dead. You're having dead life is pointless, so right, thank thank thank you. What a funny thing to say with his debate. To say it to me, say it to me, I'll be dead to a child.
Speaker 1: Journalist like enjoy life for a little bit there.
Speaker 2: So Elon put out an interesting tweet yesterday with his preliminary look at all the waste in government. It's not hard to find. It's a rich vein of opportunities. We can hit some of those. I mean, some of the stuff we spend money on, by the billions is just.
Speaker 1: People who are going after them? Elon, is this to thank is that? I tell you what, Let's have a try. Let's give it a try. Let's see what happens. Maybe it's half successful, maybe it's a tenth successful. How is that worse than not trying go get them? That's what I say.
Speaker 2: Yep. More on the way. Just wanted you talk a little bit about something that matters to Joe and I. We both have been in the radio business our whole lives and cared about radio our whole lives, and one of our favorite radio hosts got fired. He was calling it yesterday in the Bay area of San Francisco. We've been on the air in San Francisco. We were on a couple different stations, KGO, now KSFO, over twenty one years that we've been on in San Francisco, and a little longer than us. Tom Tolbert was doing sports in the afternoon on K and BR in San Francisco, and I loved his show, and for whatever reason, Cumulus let him go and he they let him do a final show yesterday, and I was just hoping mentioning on this year it somehow would seep back to him at some point that the Armstrong and Getty Show is a big fan and supporter of Tom Tolbert and his show in the afternoon. Great great radio. I admire people who do great radio. I have since I was a little kid, before I ever even knew i'd be in the industry.
Speaker 1: There's nothing like mister t is one of my favorite personalities of any sort of radio.
Speaker 2: It's just absolutely terrific. Loved him.
Speaker 1: It was one of the high points of my day flipping on his show whenever I could through the years with various co hosts. But budget cuts, it's the you know, a lot of traditional media is really really struggling.
Speaker 2: CNN's about to layoff hundreds of people.
Speaker 1: Of course they suck unlike mister t uh, but yeah, it's challenging times, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes depending on the situation with the company, if you're successful and have a high salary, you're first because they got a cut salary. So yeah, to the cable news industry. On Tuesday, one week after the election, CNN and MSNBC drew their lowest in demo ratings in a quarter of a century, CNN with the lowest ratings they'd had since two thousand, MSNBC the lowest since two thousand and one, going down. So that's why you're seeing a whole bunch of people get fired there. So yeah, it's the newspaper industry got hit hard. The radio industry. I will make it clear since we're in it's still very very effective for advertireers and everything like that, but it's a different dynamic with the way stations are structured, and we're on many and many stations across the country and just anyway, it's a different structured business than it used to be.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, with podcasting and everything else. You know, the luxury you don't have anymore in broadcasting or cable news is to be sucky. You don't have the luxury of being bad at your job. And CNN is sometimes pretty good, but they're often terrible and a waste of your time. And you know, I would watch now and again, and we've played some clips even today where.
Speaker 2: This is a difficult screen to put together, you know, in brief but.
Speaker 1: Either they had the wrong people if they were going to trust the instincts of their hosts and their creative people. Either they had the wrong people in charge, or they had some sort of consultant driven view of what the people want, and that almost never works.
Speaker 2: No, no, it does not. Getting back to Tom Tolbert Afternoon Sports Guy San Francisco, I listened to for all these years. No consultant built that show. Oh no, nobody told him to talk about WWE wrestling or cooking ribs or whatever as much as he did. That was just his personality and his ability to relate to an audience. Yeah, it's you know, And again, I just I like good radio so much what I listened to his final show yesterday and just there there's a relationship and intimacy that comes with live radio that you can't get any way else, just like a magic thing that happens sometimes. And I know some of you feel that way about this show, which I really really appreciate, but I hated to see another one of the shows that I really like go away. Yeah, yeah, agreed. Also kind of get into Mike Tyson's thing earlier about legacy and all that sort of stuff. Time goes by, time's change. Everybody has their time in the sun and it ends, and it's just it's just the way the way it is, just the way it is, always has been, always will be right.
Speaker 1: I'm ready for that moment to come, and I've got a list of those I'm gonna take with me. I think is the healthy way to look at it.
Speaker 2: So vengeance on your way out the door is a picture it. Of course, of course.
Speaker 1: What clip we need that we used to play occasionally. Michael ages Ago was Schwarzenegger in uh uh? What was his first big role Conan the Barbarian Where he's talking about is.
Speaker 2: Their greatest pleasure is to drive your enemies before you and hear the lamentations of their women.
Speaker 1: I've always loved the greatest pleasure. Yeah, I kind of like a sunny afternoon with a good end and a cold drink. But you know, to each their own.
Speaker 3: Did you like that?
Speaker 2: Huh? Drive your enemies before you and hear the lamentations of their wound.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, well perhaps you and your women are lamenting the fact that you don't get our four of the Armstrong You getta show grab it later via podcast Armstrong you Getty on demand. In fact, you ought to subscribe to it so you never miss a bit.
Speaker 2: So, for instance, Elon and vevaig their first target six point seventy five trillion dollars of government waste. They're doing a deep dive into federal spending and have come up with some jaw dropping examples of waste. Yeah, we got one point three billion dollars that we're sending to dead people that we've known. We've been sending to dead people for a while, but for some reason just can't stop the machinery of sending out checks. It turns out Tyson was wrong. You keep getting government money after you're dead. Last year, one hundred and seventy one million dollars went and benefits to prisoners that weren't supposed to go. One hundred and one billion in improper medicare that they know is improper. But we'll continue again next year unless somebody steps in and stops it somehow. Oh yeah, there's so much fraud. Yeah, let's try everybody.
Speaker 1: Hey America, somebody might be slightly uncomfortable for a week, they might make a mistake, but can we try.
Speaker 2: We got a lot more on the way again. Get the podcast a few minutes an hour Armstrong and Getty