Speaker 1: Are we going to a brand new second day podcast for you? Good morning, Welcome morning Monday.
Speaker 2: Good morning, said Jee, I have your.
Speaker 3: Tea ready for you here.
Speaker 4: I don't want tea coffee.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, angry, but we we will learn.
Speaker 4: I think one of the most baller moves ever to get a date.
Speaker 3: I mean, yes, this guy got it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's kind of a snipe.
Speaker 3: That's what I like to call it.
Speaker 2: This guy kind of snipe.
Speaker 3: It's a little.
Speaker 4: Borderline creepy to That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 5: Next.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, its so before we get to that comments Yes, Achula said, I've only seen a picture of you all, and for years I assumed Jeff was Jose and Jose was Jeff. Then I saw a video of everyone talking and was shook that I had the voices mixed up all this time.
Speaker 4: And now I think.
Speaker 6: Jeff's voice belongs on Jose and Jose's voice belongs on Jeff.
Speaker 4: It's just better that way.
Speaker 3: Really, it's interesting, I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jeff's been confused for a Latino a lot lately, he really has. I don't know. Maybe we are, maybe we're working together so long, we're like becoming the same. Yeah, I'm becoming why he's becoming Brad?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I could see it. I could see it.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, let's get to your brand new second date right now, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date update.
Speaker 7: We've had this happen before, where someone will come on the show saying they want another date because their first hangout got totally hijacked.
Speaker 4: Oh, like, maybe somebody else showed.
Speaker 7: Up, right, Usually it's like a mom who shows up unexpected, or who is so many asked to be there. Maybe it's that hunky firefighter who just happened to be in the restaurant checking the smoke alarms that night with his shirt off.
Speaker 4: You can reach so high, sir.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but what do you do when your date is hijacked and no one is there?
Speaker 4: What is it? Do you know the definition of hijacking?
Speaker 7: I know you just it sounds confusing, But our listener Rocky says that absolutely happened to him and he's hoping for a REDOCE So, Rocky, welcome to the show man.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for having me, guys day, your date was hijacked by no one, at least no one that we're aware of.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, it's clear, but tell us the story of what happened.
Speaker 8: So we we met on the app Coffee meets Bagel.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, we've heard of that one a couple of times. Yeah, it's supposed to be more casual, right.
Speaker 8: Right, yeah, we're we're both into everything bagels. So we connected.
Speaker 4: Oh it's actually about bagels.
Speaker 3: Is that the rule on the app? You can only talk about pastries or coffee?
Speaker 8: No? No, but that is the topic that brought us together.
Speaker 4: All right, I mean good everything bagel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, I get the conversation rolling.
Speaker 8: So we ended up going out to dinner and I brought her to this like medium upscale restaurant.
Speaker 2: I know exactly what you're talking about. It's like nicer than normal, but it's not like a fancy, fancy steakhoup.
Speaker 3: We've all been a claim jumper before. I know that's like slaps the medium upscale. Oh it's so good, right, So what happen?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 8: I mean, first off, she looks amazing. You know, we're getting to know each other, and as soon as we get in, the waiter immediately comes by and puts a couple of drinks on the table before we even order.
Speaker 4: Wait, you didn't order the drinks.
Speaker 2: It was like, oh, not water, you're talking about like drink drinks.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, like like alcoholic drink.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, did they did?
Speaker 4: They get the order confused and put them on the run table.
Speaker 2: That happens, I mean.
Speaker 5: Lucky you.
Speaker 8: Well that's what I thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'm like, sorry, that's not ours. We haven't ordered yet, right okay, and he goes, no, sir, these drinks are actually taken care of someone.
Speaker 4: Bought them before you.
Speaker 1: Well cute though, like maybe there's like an old married couple sitting at the bar and they like see two qts.
Speaker 8: On a date.
Speaker 7: They got that order in real fast. Then if they just see them walking in the Quicker Quick or maybe the thing where someone's being charitable and they go, look the next couple, that's possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you find out who sent them over?
Speaker 8: No? And so that's like I'm confused. She's confused, Like they gave me a mohito and she got an espresso martini.
Speaker 4: Which great taste of drinks, apparently.
Speaker 8: Is her number one favorite drink.
Speaker 4: I mean that's me. I'm sorry. Between age twenty eight and thirty six, it's going to be their number one drink.
Speaker 8: But that's the thing. It's like, So she's going off about that, and I'm asking her, did you tell anyone that we were gonna be here?
Speaker 1: And she's like, no, okay, is this the hijacking that you're talking about?
Speaker 4: Is it that's all you talked about all night?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: But it gets even more strange.
Speaker 3: Uh oh okay.
Speaker 8: So the waiter comes back and he takes her order and he says, just so you know, anything you get is cupped tonight.
Speaker 4: Did you're like, wait, I gotta change my order with that? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Right, exactly. Wait why the waiter said he wasn't at liberty to say why? Oh no, Maybe goes on to tell us we have a very nice bottle of why waiting for us as well, and they can bring it out whatever we like.
Speaker 3: Dude, Oh my god, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. The insecurities in me are like, I'm supposed to be spoiling you.
Speaker 4: You're getting demasculated by a surprise.
Speaker 1: Maybe the universe just really ples you do to have to take a fun experience together, like being shocked by the free stuff.
Speaker 8: Yeah, except like having everything fully paid for felt like it was the worst thing ever because it was the only thing we talked about.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's wild that the waiter didn't give you any hits, Like did he drop any knowledge that you could have gotten a clue from.
Speaker 8: No, nothing, And we figured it must have just been somebody she knows that's close to her, because because they knew her drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the drink. I mean it could have been good time martini.
Speaker 4: Your chances are so high if somebody like it.
Speaker 1: But you would figure by the end of the day or even the next day, the person would reveal themselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they would tell you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that doesn't happen at all.
Speaker 8: No, we get her dinner, And I just personally feel very deflated, like it kind of undermined me the entire time and and hijack the attention of the whole night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to feel like a provider and you didn't get to provide.
Speaker 7: Plus, like it sucks that you want to spend time actually like having a conversation about each other, and the entire time all you can talk about is who is watching us?
Speaker 4: You don't think she took it as like fun though.
Speaker 7: Well, the only issue is that it would have been great. But Rocky is getting avoided now. It sounds like because like, what's happened since your dinner?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 8: Well, I talked to her the day after and she sang to me and I was like, you don't have to thank me. I didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Okay, you would think it would bond you, kind of like what Brooks said, Like it'd be so memorable you guys would talk about it again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but she's not responding to any of my text so I don't know if she knows or not.
Speaker 7: We all want answers, So we're gonna call this woman. And I'm just I'm assuming that you don't want us to offer to pay, because that'd be undermining you too, act like you're the guy.
Speaker 2: You're the random ghost that did that paid for everything.
Speaker 7: I'd like to find out who it is and see if she's willing to give up that information.
Speaker 1: Maybe you need to take her to a high upscale instead of just mid next time problem.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're wanting to pay for so.
Speaker 7: Much, this is going to be a great learning opportunity for you, Rocky. When we come back and get your second date update hijack style.
Speaker 1: Right after this, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update, Well, this.
Speaker 7: Is an intriguing second date update we've got today. One of our listeners, Rocky, went out with an attractive woman that he met on a dating app and they went to a restaurant where everything was paid for.
Speaker 3: Yeah did she pay?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Did Rocky pay?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Nobody knows who paid for anything.
Speaker 7: It was apparently some mystery person who comped the entire evening for them and then never identified themselves.
Speaker 1: And it's funny that he's like it took over our conversation because it definitely took over this room's conversation as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's all we could talk about, and.
Speaker 7: That was kind of the issue for him. He felt like he never got a chance to actually connect with her about anything other than who is here and is buying all of our stuff, So.
Speaker 3: You'd feel like someone's watching you totally.
Speaker 7: So, yes, we do want to get Rocky another hangout with this woman, but honestly, we're kind of more curious to find out who did this for them and why.
Speaker 1: I mean, Rocky, you degree like you need some closure in order to make the second date successful, right, Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, because if we go on another date, this is all we're going to talk about again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we will.
Speaker 4: Try our best nut to only talk about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you like Rocky? What what do we know about you? Yeah?
Speaker 8: He likes mohidos, mohidos, mohidos, daggles and coffee.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you for refreshing my memory here. Okay, I'm gonna dial her number. Let's see if she picks up.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hi, is this my sty Misty?
Speaker 3: I'm just reading it smelled with two whys? You're two wise in your name?
Speaker 5: Yeah I have.
Speaker 4: If there's two why, I'm.
Speaker 7: Sorry, I was just reading it off the paper and I got confused. My bad, Hi, Misty. This is a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Okay, sorrys not the smartest show, obviously not the best introduction, but.
Speaker 7: We're really eager to talk to you because we're doing something called a second date update.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, Okay.
Speaker 7: That's where we help out our listeners who go out with somebody and afterwards they're not getting a call back. We can try to reach out on their behalf and maybe figure out the reason why. And your date really has captivated our attention because it was with a guy named Rocky.
Speaker 4: You got that one?
Speaker 3: Did you check the comp rock guy. Do you remember going out with a guy named Roy?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, no I do.
Speaker 1: Okay, sounded like a wild date, right, what do you mean? I mean maybe the date wasn't wild, but the stuff that happened on it.
Speaker 5: Was uh huh oh that it was paid for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we heard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know that was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have any.
Speaker 2: More info about that?
Speaker 4: Like did you find out who it was?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah you do.
Speaker 7: Okay, we've been we've been dying to know because we heard from Rocky the whole situation that unfolded, and he feels like that mystery may have kind of overshadowed the romantic aspect of you two getting to know each other.
Speaker 5: I can see that, Okay, Okay. I also had no idea, and I was like, it must be someone that I know, because they must know that I love Espresso Martin like I love Espresso Martini.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's like you like him that much. It's part of your personality.
Speaker 5: Yeah, more so than I would like to admit.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, all right, so obviously you.
Speaker 5: But then like no one, like it wasn't my mom, it wasn't my bestie, Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Were you texting everyone after the date?
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, well I also didn't tell any of them where I was going, Like, the only person I told was my mom, and she didn't do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, so how do you find out who?
Speaker 5: Well? Okay, so here's the thing. I had some like deliveries that I was getting like a couple days ago, so I went outside to like sign for them, and my mailman asked how my date was?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 5: What? Yeah? So then we started talking and then he asked me how is my espresso martini? Specifically?
Speaker 4: Wow, your mail man paid for your date?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I thought I had a full blown stalker on my hands.
Speaker 4: First, Yeah, what would make you say otherwise?
Speaker 5: Okay? Okay. So then so then what he was telling me was that a couple of days before the date, then I had come out again to sign for some packages, and that was when I was on the phone talk to my mom about the date, and I said, like, it was going to be at that restaurant and.
Speaker 3: It was gonna Oh so he knew you were going to be there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he heard the time and place, and he like made this grand gesture.
Speaker 2: Why, I mean, in a weird way.
Speaker 3: Was he just being nice?
Speaker 2: Like an old guy that just doesn't understand how weird it was.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, he's not old. He's very handsome.
Speaker 1: He's a hotmail man with great cabs.
Speaker 4: They all have good cabs.
Speaker 5: He's got all that walking going on.
Speaker 3: Okay, but.
Speaker 5: I thought it was sweet. No one's ever done anything like that for me before.
Speaker 7: Well, the question still stands is like was he doing it as a sweet gesture, as like I have fun on your date or was there something selfish behind it?
Speaker 5: Oh? He expressed some feelings?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah? Yeah, So I order a lot of packages, either like for work or for my personal life, like we see each other a lot. So I asked him how he knew to order me a special Markini. I ordered so many disposable espresso cups.
Speaker 3: He delivers them for you.
Speaker 4: Attention remembers what you get in the mail too.
Speaker 3: That's an attentive mail man. My male people know me.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know it has a giant like espresso label on it. It's not like he's rooting through my mail.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe it's.
Speaker 4: Just a lot of red flags flying up for me here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a few, but it's less creepy than we originally thought that this is well, he's not just some stranger male guy.
Speaker 3: They know each other, they talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it a boundary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we may think, but Misty thought it was a nice gesture.
Speaker 4: Have you gone out with the Mailman?
Speaker 5: No, we're going out next weekend.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're divulging a lot of information and we can't have any more without you knowing. Misty, that Rocky, the guy you were on the date with, he's actually.
Speaker 3: On the other line listening to this whole thing.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, so it's between me and the mail Guy.
Speaker 5: Sorry, dude, Oh my gosh, I'm mortified. I'm so sorry. I didn't want I didn't mean for you to hear all that.
Speaker 8: I mean, I gathered that by the fact that you never responded to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you still wanted to bring me on this show.
Speaker 8: At the time, I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have what a move like.
Speaker 1: I would never think paying for someone else's date would be a way to get a date myself.
Speaker 2: It's a great way to get hurt engine.
Speaker 8: He don't want to be clear, I was planning on paid for the date.
Speaker 4: He's still on that.
Speaker 5: Rock even makes you feel better. You could pay for our date. The Mailman I oh, wow.
Speaker 3: To tell you once?
Speaker 8: Yeah, the do you already know?
Speaker 5: I like espresso martini?
Speaker 1: Hey there, you didn't even have to go through her mail to find that out.
Speaker 8: Wow, I'm not I'm not gonna steal some other dudes move. But if he wants to pay for another date for you and I also, I'll put this out, like I take fencing classes, he can come and we can fence for you.
Speaker 4: Wow, you're gonna like.
Speaker 5: Misty.
Speaker 7: Does that impress you as much as the male guy listening in on your conversations with your mom?
Speaker 5: It's interesting?
Speaker 3: Oh, he is intriguing you like you like a man who fences.
Speaker 4: It's that white suit, you like.
Speaker 5: I got to give him the benefit of the doubt. So I don't feel like I can really be seeing two people at one time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't want to do your mailman dirty?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a revenge that you don't want to deal with.
Speaker 5: The man.
Speaker 7: Out of all the people that it could have been that did this, Maleman was not in my top hundred lists.
Speaker 5: I have no idea either. I mean it came out of the blue, but it's kind of romantics.
Speaker 1: I know, I know that we're you're liking this mail story a lot, but maybe just keep your like find my location on or something on your phone. Yeah, there's just some still if it doesn't work yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, sure no. If it doesn't work out, then Rocky, you can call me, okay, keeping.
Speaker 3: The door open.
Speaker 4: Well, it's like a return to sender.
Speaker 7: I know this is kind of awkward, but maybe I'll just ask if it doesn't end up working out with her creepy male guy, would you still be open to seeing Stee one more time?
Speaker 8: I don't know. I feel like I gotta give this mail guy a shot.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 8: Yeah, maybe he could pay for me and him.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's trying to.
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 3: Of chemistry anyway, I could see that all right.
Speaker 7: Well, Rocky man, I'm sorry that this didn't work out the way you wanted it to.
Speaker 3: But it's quite the story to tell.
Speaker 8: The mystery is solved, and I guess in a way that's worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, feel like this could have been a Scooby Doo episode.
Speaker 3: He was the mail man all along. They really do go the extra.
Speaker 4: Mile medding kids Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: You know, if Rocky knew how this was going to turn out in the end, he probably should have just refused to accept the comped meal and been like, no, I'm paying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought of that. But then it's like he didn't know who it was. Is it we like, was one of his friends?
Speaker 8: Right now?
Speaker 1: It really sounded like the waiter was in charge of that whole thing. Yeah, you know, that was a strong waiter bully him into telling them who it was. He used to stop bringing the thing.
Speaker 7: I know he should have been like, wait, somebody knows your favorite drink, We're out of here.
Speaker 4: I just thought that it was a guess.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's too little, too late.
Speaker 7: He just let it happen and ended up getting blocked and swooped in on by a male guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who knew knew people had such moves.
Speaker 2: I know they got cushy government jobs, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I mean, I.
Speaker 7: Feel like postal carriers everywhere rejoiced when they heard this call, like finally one of ours gets a win.
Speaker 3: Good for them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, paid off?
Speaker 4: Yeh.
Speaker 7: So you know what bullets dodged and relationships made.
Speaker 2: But mystery, that's.
Speaker 3: What's the most important thing.
Speaker 7: And we can albsolve the mystery of your romantic life if you want to email the show.
Speaker 3: We can call that person who isn't calling you back. Go find our podcast.
Speaker 7: We had all our second dates up online and you can like subscribe wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey