Speaker 1: Huggy, huggy, higa ulga huga uga uga ooga like a boat. Oh yeah, it does sound like a boat.
Speaker 2: Uga More better, more better, more, a little more better.
Speaker 1: Welcome to More Better, a podcast where we stop pretending to have it all together and embrace a journey up.
Speaker 3: Becoming a little more better every day, or at least trying to. That's Deephanie Beatrice.
Speaker 1: That's mostly for Marrow hey Brand, Welcome back, Welcome back, friends who are listening.
Speaker 3: How's it going?
Speaker 1: It's going, man, it is going. Every day is going? Have you done anything lately that's a little more better?
Speaker 3: You know? Here's the thing? Is this more better? Is it more worse? I don't know. I finished Love Island. It was fantastic. All that's good. Those of you more better if you have you know, it's more better for me and my brain because I need something sometimes cause you love it. It's your escape, it's your it's your guilty pleasure. Honestly, it was kind of fantastic this season. Not only were there like multiple moments where I cannot believe this has just become a Love Island podcast. Sorry everyone, but there were like a bunch of moments where I was like, ugh, toxic masculinity, Like I was not into these guys playing these dumb games.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then at the end, what was really nice was like it was all people of color. It was like, hmm, it was just really nice to see this, Like America voted for you know who they liked the best. Yeah, and that made me really really happy.
Speaker 1: For those listening, they need to know that not only is Stephanie obsessed with Love Island, so are our two producers on this show. And so every week I am like odd man out and I'm I'm on. I'm a big part of me is like should I just fucking watch it so I can be part of the conversation.
Speaker 3: You should watch Love Island. But then also like I've got time for that. I don't. I don't know, I don't know. I don't know if I can do it. I don't know if I can I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but maybe I will because it feels like every single person on the planet is watching Love Island, and I feel.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's over, well, so you're gonna have to wait till next season? Okay, can I just do I have to watch the other seasons? Could I just like pick up on the next music so you can start. Honestly, the best season to start with is UK the first season because first of all, their accents are amazing. There's this guy name hot. I'm not well, she talks like that. It's so amazing. I think the accent is called scout. So many episodes and it's there's like backdap bustles are something. They're so nice. Now I'm doing like a bad Irish accent. I'm sorry, Wait episodes. I think there's like a lot of episodes. Yeah, because the thing is it goes It goes on for six weeks and there there Monday through Friday there's a new episode. Oh Sunday. Actually, it's like a soap opera. It's a soap opera, Melissa, it's a soap opera. It absolutely is a soap opera. That is a big They're very hot. It's a lot of horniness. The first season. They're still giving them alcohol. People get wasted. Oh my god, it's so funny.
Speaker 1: The thing is is like I know my husband would like get really into it, like if I see you.
Speaker 3: Would get so into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: David has a little bit of a love for reality TV, like he will get sucked.
Speaker 3: In last season, there was a guy that we called We pretended that he was David, and we called it because his name was Dobby Day. So Brad and I would be like David Dane Melissa like it mean, her her name was something else. I can't remember what her name was. She was crazy. Oh my god, I can sue. Her name was, I can sue. And there's this great where like she she like sneaks behind his back and like kisses somebody else. He's like Yura Lia. He's Italian. Also, he like screams on her across the villa. Oh my god. Sometimes Brad and I saw her be like liar. Sorry, this was really devolved into I got you more better. It just went on. Listen. Love Island makes my life more better. I will never give it up. I will never give it up. America has spoken. I respect it. What about you? What have you been been up too lately that may or may not be more better? You? Never work related, not child related. I want to hear some absolute bullshit fluff. Yeah, give it to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know if it's fluff, but and it kind of goes with our what we're talking about today. Okay, I am little by little purging my house.
Speaker 3: I love it. I am like picking a closet.
Speaker 1: What I would love is to be able to clear my schedule and do like three days straight of just like absolutely shing purge.
Speaker 3: She was ever going to doganizing, but like that's unrealistic.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I am just making sure I have like an hour to two hours when I can and picking a closet, picking a drawer, picking just like a smaller area and just going through it and throwing out shit and throwing out and just like putting I have donation piles put together. And then yeah, god, why does that make me like horny? Not like it makes me horny, It makes me horny every time I do it. I'm just like, I feel so fucking good right now. We haven't done it in a long time, so things have accumulated in a way that it just got away from us, you know what I mean. You put shit in a basket and you're like, I'll deal with that later, or you shove dude's there a shit in the back of a closet and you're like, I'll figure it out later.
Speaker 3: And this is why people when they die. Yeah, houses like accumulated like.
Speaker 1: Fifty years of stuff and it has just gotten and I mean it's not Listen, I'm making it sound like our house looks like a fucking hoarder's house. It doesn't, but it is at a level to me that is unsustainable, and it causes me so much stress because I've been wanting to like address it for like a year, and so I'm finally doing it good.
Speaker 2: More better.
Speaker 3: Okay. So that is topic adjacent because on today's episode, we're talking about h y gg Melissa, how would you pronounce that if you read it off the page? Oh?
Speaker 1: If I read it off the page without knowing the actual pronunciation. Yeah, yeah, huggy, huggy huggy like higa or higu. No, guys, it's huga houga uga huga. I think it's I think it's like huga huga hugua like a like a boat.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it does sound like a boat.
Speaker 2: Huga.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're horning for huga, Garney for huga. Okay, what is he?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Yoga is it? It's a defining characteristic of Danish culture, a quality of coziness and comfort that engenders a feeling of contentment or well being. You know, huga when you feel it so like coziness, cozy, I'm gonna be cozy, you know. Like yeah, some of it is like some some of it's like about togetherness, relaxation, indulgence, presence. There was like a big movement about huga, like and I think it was like twenty sixteen, seventeen. Okay, this is from the New Yorkers. To quote, it is candles, nubby woolens, sharing slippers, woven textiles, pastries, sheepskin, rugs, latches with milk, foam, hearts, warm fireplace. Yuga can be used as a noun, adjective, verb, or compound noun like hyuga, busker oh, otherwise known as that schlobby pair of pants you'd never wear in public but secretly treasure. Uga can be found in a bakery and in the dry heat of asana in winter, Oh, surrounded by your naked neighbors. I don't know about that one. It's wholesome and nourishing, like porridge. Oh, that reminds me of that line. But that Andre said on Brooklyn where he's like love is like oatmeal. It sustains you. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's the feeling of it. That's the feeling of it. It's like cozy, the warm, cuddly.
Speaker 1: So it's like it's a feeling, it's an aesthetic, it's it's it's a vibe, as the kids would say, Yeah, it's a vibe.
Speaker 3: It's a vibe aka huge. You're in your cozy era uga. That's what that means.
Speaker 1: Huga, Huga, huga.
Speaker 3: I think it's very you know, the idea of hugo is really interesting because I mean not to get too about it, but it's very Eurocentric, right, like it is Danish, right, and it's just like an idealized sort of sense of like Eurocentric comfort and coziness. But I think, like, I think the idea can exist they obviously they've got a name for it, but the idea can exist cross culturally. I think it's more about like what we said, like the vibe of it of sorry, my dog's barking in the background. It's not huga. That is not cua. It's not you get with the yuga. Like the vibe of it is like comfy, cozy, like like I'm into that.
Speaker 1: Those are all of my what's it called? I was going to say trigger words, but that's not correct. That's not the no.
Speaker 3: No, it's your like descriptive words.
Speaker 1: You're like, it's but but it hits all my al my points, you know what I mean, Like everything you were reading that paragraph. I was just like, yes, all of that, I want it all, Get it to me. Yeah, I am Yeah, I think I am a bit. I live a bit huga ish because I love a robe. I love slippers, love a robe, love a throw blanket. I have multiple throw blankets in my living room. I have I own like three robes for different times of years.
Speaker 3: Of the year. Oh my god. Yes, yes, I.
Speaker 1: Also own two different slippers, a summer pair and a winter pair.
Speaker 3: Yes. And I have a travel pa Oh my god, Oh my god, a dedicated travel pair.
Speaker 1: A dedicated travel pair I bought. I found that like on my last.
Speaker 3: One I stole from a hotel, but not like a dedicated travel I'm gonna send you a picture of it. I found them in Target. Okay, they're just they're really like cozy.
Speaker 1: They feel like those like really fuzzy socks that you get that are like those socks, but they're but they're shaped like a slipper, but they're flimsy, so they're flat.
Speaker 3: So you can like, oh, they're packable, They're so good, that's really cute. This is something that I'm embraced seeing more in my in my life now. And maybe that's because, let's be real, like, as adults, most of the time, we have a little bit more of expendable income. We can say like, I am gonna buy myself an extra robe, I am gonna buy myself that candle. I am gonna like take take care of myself and make me myself a little cozier. But also I think I just have less I don't know if that's pandemic or age or like wisdom, but I just have less time to be uncomfortable, you know what I mean totally Like I'm not trying to be uncomfortable in any way, shape or form, one hundred percent agree. I want comfort. I want comfort.
Speaker 1: I have always wanted comfort. But I will and I will say, like, you know, there was when we were younger in living in New York and like not really making a lot of money. We lived in this tiny apartment, tiny one bedroom in Midtown and uh, but it was but we loved that apartment and whenever we talk about it and like it wasn't listen. Our furniture was not cute, like the esthetic was what it was, but it was cozy. And that is what we talk about when we when we think about that apartment, we're like, oh, it was so small and like we didn't love like the location per se, but we were so comfortable in that apartment. It was so cozy. We just had a cozy vibe in there. And then I think the thing that I've tried to get better at as I get older is maintaining that coziness but like trying to be a little bit better about aesthetics and like design and like you know, trying to make my house pretty always. Yeah, my not necessarily a strength of mine. I mean we have very like David and I have very similar taste and like be like what we like, but like, yeah, putting it together and like putting more effort into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's interesting because your house is very like I feel like, esthetically it's like all doing one thing. So it's interesting here you say like, oh, I don't feel like I'm putting things together in a way that makes it feel like Okay, well that's nice to hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think we've gotten a little bit more help along the way, like people with a better ie being like like the blue wallpaper that I love in the little front room way, Yeah, that was a suggestion of somebody like who had a better eye than I did.
Speaker 3: They were like, you.
Speaker 1: Should wallpaper this, and I was like, oh yeah, wallpaper this. Yeah. It's been like people along the way going like you know, you know you like you need to put this there, like yeah, yeah, I feel like we've had some My sister is so good at it.
Speaker 3: I mean speaking of you're so good at it, I do love it. I'm not gonna lie you are really if I'm good at it, my sister's great at it. I mean, your house is beautiful.
Speaker 1: The choices you made for your kitchen are think gorgeous gorgeous, and I feel like I wouldn't necessarily think of them, and.
Speaker 3: I feel like they're very How the fuck do you say this word? Who uga huga? I can only remember it if I sayug.
Speaker 2: Better.
Speaker 3: So here's here's my like pro tips for for doing this and like bringing these things into your life. Yeah, is pinterest. I know Pinterests had a big moment the early two thousands, and we're all pinteresting everything and like you can quickly get overwhelmed with pinterress.
Speaker 1: Yes, I get over bounded and over stimulated by pinterest.
Speaker 3: I I feel like I give myself, Like I'll do like a little bit on my phone, you know, I'll just go like what do I like in in bathrooms? Like what do I like? And I'll go through pictures and like bookmark stuff like make a board just for a bathroom or just for a kitchen and like and then I'll go back and look at the pictures and go like, what is the thing that's tying all these things together? Is it the tile in the background? Is it the lighting? Is it? Oh? There's look, there's gold accents everywhere. Oh look they've got like you know, oh their sea foam green. Like for me, it was painted cabinets in the kitchen, and I knew I wanted painted cabinets. I didn't want just white. I knew I wanted paint. And originally, actually I really wanted pink, and I pushed hard for pink, but Brad did not want pink. He fought me really hard on it. So what shade? It was like this soft blush The color that we ended up painting are better. Oh, that's a beautiful color. So like I got what I wanted. Yeah, yeah, but beautiful.
Speaker 4: And whatever you guys look like that's the thing, right, Like I think so much of creating, you know, Huga is mostly about home.
Speaker 3: So creating a space that feels cozy to you is going to look different for everyone. Yeah, it's gonna aesthetically look different for everyone. And Huga specifically is very like I said, like eurocentric, so like blonde woods and you know, sweater that are very like Danish, like look like nordicky whatever. That's not always going to be the aesthetic that I go to because I grew up with other influences, like I grew up with Latino influences, you know, and like, but what it means to me, like and what and the translation of coziness to me is like every for example, like every piece of art that we have hanging on our walls is framed, Like everything is framed and has like an ornate frame or like a stylistic frame, or there's like a bunch of different frames that are all very very different, but they've all got like like there's a lot of gold frames in my house. Like probably because there's time back to like a lot of like religious art that my mom had framed and like gold frames. But to me it's it looks cozy and like together and it all is of a piece, you know, or like there's I have leftover feelings about Ikea, like moving to New York for the first time and outfitting my whole apartment in Ikea, and that is Danish or like not Danish where Swedish. But I tell you what is very yuga and very cheap. Those fake sheepskin rugs are like twenty bucks. Listen, They're everywhere in my house. They're everywhere. Yeah, the back of a couch, the back of a chair, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: The throw pillow covers from my sauces are yes, so cozy and practical.
Speaker 3: They wash so well when you have little kids, they wash great. They wash so good, you know.
Speaker 1: I also like this idea of huga as contributing to happiness and like happy vibes and peaceful vibes. Yeah, it made me think of one of my first apartments that I ever lived in was in Queen's and I was really young, and I had lived in that apartment with an ex and it was sort of just like whatever slapped together you know. I did buy my first like nice couch, like a leather couch. That was like my first big purchase from an acting paycheck.
Speaker 3: That I was very proud of.
Speaker 1: But everything else was like leftover some of his shit and then like leftover shit from my college days. I at an attempt to like make my bedroom look cool.
Speaker 3: I painted one wall like a burgend red.
Speaker 2: The one wall.
Speaker 3: Remember, oh my god, one red wall. Didn't have a one red wall exactly. Don't do it, you guys.
Speaker 1: One of the most romantic things that David and that David did for me when we first started dating was he hated that fucking red wall.
Speaker 3: First of all, he was like, the red wall is all.
Speaker 1: I came home to like a makeover of my bedroom. He Oh my god, that's so romantic, right he It was such a move.
Speaker 3: He painted my whole bedroom.
Speaker 1: This beautiful like sagey green that kind of almost similar to your kitchen color.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 1: He bought a new bed, he rearranged all the furniture, he moved my bed and so the room looked bigger, and he got me a new bedspread for my bed that like matched the wall. It was all like I came home and I cried so hard. I was so surprised, and it looked so beautiful. But it also was the first time in my kind of adulthood that I had a space that felt so peaceful. I ended up spending more time in that bedroom than I did in the living room for the rest of the time that I lived there, because it became this little sanctuary. It was so cozy, and I realized, I think I didn't realize it at the time until later, that it was contributing to, like, right, like my inner peace and my mental health, kind of having this.
Speaker 3: Space that felt really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And and so then that that you start to think about that more and more as you get older, and like you buy your first house or like then you have kids, and it's like your home does really And that's like why I'm purging it right now, because I'm like, we have too much shit, Like we need to make space, Like we need to not feel overwhelmed when we open closet doors and drawers.
Speaker 3: And like breathe to breathe. I want to feel more peace. I want to feel.
Speaker 1: More coziness in my house. Yes, because it really affects me so much. Sometimes we don't notice, but it's in these it's these little stressors. Right, you open that drawer and you're like, fuck everything, I can't find the thing, or this is so disorganized and I don't have time to address it right now.
Speaker 3: Like all of those things.
Speaker 1: It's like fung shue and like all like I think these are all like similar ideas of like how do we get better at making sure our space is working in tandem with our mental health and the self care and all the things that we're trying to like do for ourselves and our family. Like the house has to contribute to that, right, Yeah, Like that is like the yeah, at the core of this like idea, and I really like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They say, like your space really can reflect how you're feeling, how you're holding yourself inside. And like I know when when I've been like at my most depressed or my most down, certainly my space reflects that. Yeah, shit is everywhere. Like I remember when I was dating Brad not letting him into my apartment at one point because it was so disgusting. He was like, no, it's fine, Like I'm not gonna to judge you. And I was like, you don't understand. There's like pizza boxes in here that I've been in here for a month on the floor, there's like crap everywhere. I haven't done laundry in two months, Like you cannot come in right, and like it does. It's hard to it can be really hard to like climb out of that. But I guess, like what I'm trying to say is I mean, obviously there's other stuff at play there, right, Like there's like mental health stuff and like addiction stuff and you know where you're at mentally.
Speaker 1: And I just have a hard time letting go of things like some yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, close one for me.
Speaker 3: It is a hard one, but like yeah, or what if I need this? Like what if I need this? What if I need it?
Speaker 1: That I worked on throughout the power cords the other day and I was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, you don't need those.
Speaker 1: I don't, but save them all because he's like, I don't know they need it. Like as I was throwing them out, he was questioning them like what if that goes to a toy that we.
Speaker 3: Don't really And I was like, I don't remember the toy also should go to the good Will. Sorry a toy doesn't work like it be the toy. But there's also like stuff like embracing the idea of making your space your own. Can be as simple as it doesn't have to be expensive. It can be as simple as like, like that thing that I said that I do when I go in my closet, I force myself to hang up a couple of things that are on the floor. Yeah, just like a couple of them, like put them away, and then before I know it, the weeks passed by and like there's more shit hanging than there is on the floor. It can be as simple as like rearranging or taking I love one of my favorite things to do is take furniture from rooms to other rooms. Like I'm constantly moving things around. It's just so fun because I'm like this table could maybe work better in my living room. This table could maybe work better next to the window, next to the chair. You know, Like I'm constantly doing that shit because like I shop what I think they call it like shopping your own house, Like you just go and look around and be like does this work here? Like maybe there's another spot this could work. Like I moved a big I had this big sideboard that was my first purchase. That was my first like Brad's always like, what's a sideboard. I'm like, don't worry about it. If you don't know what it is, you don't need to worry about it. Don't worry about it. Beautiful sideboard that has like a chevron pattern. And yeah, it didn't work in the it didn't work. It was like it didn't And then like I put it downstairs and I ended up putting like I put all my like awards on it. Yeah, like I like even like dumb stop like even like little things that like, you know, no one knows what they're what they are, like I got them in high school or whatever, you know, like, but it's like that's my little like area for and now it's like, oh, that's where that fits, you know. Like yeah, it's so so much about having a space that's your own, even if you have roommates, even if it's just like half of a even if it's like a bunk. You know, like your boys are very good at making their shared room their own space like their bunks.
Speaker 1: Yes, and now, actually we took the bunks apart because they wanted to, I know, they went through, Yeah, they wanted to have their beds on the floor and they were strangely. I mean, Enzo was kind of leading the charge and Axel was going along a little bit, but they were in agreement for the most part. But it's kind of nice because what it did was it gave them each a side of the room instead.
Speaker 3: Of being on top of each other. And yes, they're like hanging things on the wall.
Speaker 1: Axel has things hanging on the drawings he did or whatever that he specifically told me to put on the ceiling so he could look at them when he's like going to bed and yeah, and it's really it's like self expression. But it's also I think endeared them to their room more and now like yeah, and it's even you know, and so was for a while, you know, trying to be like I want my own room. But now I've noticed since since they did that, he's campaigning to move them into the bigger bedroom which is our guest room, eh, which we had planned to do anyway, like a little bit down the line.
Speaker 3: Oh I love. I love letting him campaign though, make him like do like a PowerPoint present. Yeah, yeah, like now he's doing paying for it.
Speaker 1: But when he talks about he goes and Axels bed can be here, and like he's talking about both of them moving to the to the to the bigger room.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, side note, make him like campaign like actually like put up posters and then you guys can have like a vote, like oh he gave us when the present he did, he took us both through a whole presentation of like where everything would go.
Speaker 1: And yeah, he was like, hear me out, like here, Michael, here's what we do, and here's where my bed goes, here's where actual bed goes, and you know this can be our homework desk, and like you did a whole thing.
Speaker 3: So yeah, like.
Speaker 1: Taking ownership of his spade now and like including his real brother, which I like. But but yeah, so we're probably gonna try to make that happen for him.
Speaker 3: But that's really cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah more, Okay, wait, okay, So I want to ask you this because like I think our styles are so different aesthetically.
Speaker 3: Yes, so this is a little for.
Speaker 1: Those of wait, let me give I feel like I should give context for listeners. So here is how our styles of our houses are very different. Is Stephanie is so stylish and her house is just to me so beautiful, and there's like this very like calming, peaceful, like energy when you walk into it and there's beautiful things everywhere, and everything's like place really beautiful in the finishes, or I love your bedroom. Your bedroom is like an oasis. It's just gorgeous. Everything is beautiful. My house is like if my house is like if your grandparents maybe had really good taste. And there's a lot of things that don't go together, but also do. I had someone describe our house as like what did they say, globally eclectic, and.
Speaker 3: I couldn't tell if it was a compliment or an insult. It's on the line a compliment.
Speaker 1: It's the eclectic part that is like a little bit of a backhanded compliment.
Speaker 3: But I understand that there's a lot as one of my descriptors as well, there is a lot of different shit in our house that somehow works together. But yeah, I love I love y'all's house. I think it's like it's warm, Yeah, it's very warm. It feels like you're at home, Like Okay, So when you think about your ideal cozy home setting, what is like the smell that comes to mind.
Speaker 1: Like like a fire, like a like a fire, not a fire, like a house burning fire, like a fire place, like it's so dark, okay, like a fire place, a fire a fireplace safely.
Speaker 3: Okay. So mine is like a specific candle that has this like very warm like it's like a rich jasmini rose smell. And I burn it all the time in my trailers now like whenever I work, I buy a travel one.
Speaker 1: God, you're gonna have to send me this candle because those are literally my two favorite flower smells is rose and Jazzma.
Speaker 3: It's so nice. It's the Voluspa rose auto candle. They ain't cheap, you guys, but they burn long. And I have the travel one. I just love it and it's just like nice. Okay, what do you hear? What's what's your ideal? Like what you hear in the background, like in your cozy home. Oh God, I mean again, it's ocean sounds.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I was I was going in my mind. I was going between ocean sounds or fireplace like the crackling of a fireplace ocean sounds.
Speaker 3: And that's like, you guys, that's basically free. You could just turn your phone onto ocean sounds like an habit going.
Speaker 1: My sister, I have my kids sound machine to ocean sounds because Okay, my sister constantly finds like a YouTube channel of like she'll have like crackling fireplace or like she had one the other day that was like Parisian cafe sounds and it was just like a video image of there's tons of videos online that you can find of stuff like this.
Speaker 3: It's like calming sounds or like, but she had one that was like jazzy wood sounds or something. She's always got like cozy sounds happening. Yeah, okay, what is your ideal cozy taste? Oh? I know this is an interesting one?
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I mean cozy taste automatically brings my brain to like autumn and like being a basic bitch and being like cinnamon apple spike cookies. Okay, yeah, cinnamon lattes.
Speaker 3: You know what? Minus what minus minus having a pot on the stove or like a like a what do you call them, like slow cooker? Oh, full of nacho cheese. Just having like a party where people can go like serve their own like nacho cheese. They'll be the cheese and rotel tomatoes, true Texas girl right here, rotel tomatoes and Tina chili pepper. Yes, yeah, me, that's that. That's that good. I mean you went to my wedding. We had that at my wedding. Yeah you did, ye, yeah you did? Uh yeah, I would say yeah.
Speaker 1: Also like yeah, my brain goes to like pasta and like or like chili.
Speaker 3: Soups, something like cozy took tasty for Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, So like I want to lastly go back to the color scheme in my house is like a lot of whites, a lot of grays, a lot of like open space. There is blonde wood in my house, but there's also elements of like our Latinidad everywhere, Like there's a framed gold picture of Selena on the wall. There's like you know, I will say my my bedroom is probably my favorite room in the house, and all it has in it is the bed side tables and a chair and a lamp. That's it.
Speaker 1: I literally want to try to figure out how to like make a bigger closet in my house so that I can get rid of some of the furniture in my bedroom.
Speaker 3: Because I wanted a guest bedroom. Girl just take over that whole guest room. Yeah, a whole extra bedroom bed, Yeah, a whole extra bedroom in there. You know how much people come and stay with us. It's impossible because you guys have a very cozy house. Molsa isn't selling it. But like you walk into the first of all, you walk into their like little entryway and there's this long table in a mirror and there's all their stuff, like you just it's like a family lives in that house.
Speaker 1: That table drives me fucking crazy. I need to figure a better way. I feel like there's a better way.
Speaker 3: And it's like here you are. You're inside now, and everyone takes out their shoes and then when you when you get in, there's like this big gorgeous brown couch that is like it just feels lived in and then you can just throw yourselves on it and there's no there's no like, oh can I sit on the couch? It's just like no, you just throw yourselves on the furniture. It's like everyone just knows that they can just sit anywhere they want. Like there's like a fluidness between your kitchen and your dining room. Everyone's just like enjoying themselves. There's lots of spaces to talk. You guys built that cool area outside, so it's like you can go in and out and like everything's just like it's just like there's such a good flow in your house, and like it just feels like it's like family. When you come here, your family, like the olive garden. It's like very like I do I do. The house is like they're olive garden. Sorry, listen, I don't mind it. I don't mind it. I love the olive Garden. I go there every Christmas. It brings me hyuga, brings your yoga more better. Okay, so what did you take away from today? Do you did you feel like you like learned anything about yourself and your hyuga tendencies.
Speaker 1: Gosh that I'm like super huga, right, you can use it anyway you use it.
Speaker 3: I think I'm very hugua.
Speaker 1: I think I always have been, but I think I've honed it over the years. I think I've gotten better at it, or I like to think so. And I think it was good today to kind of talk about and realize the connection between making like living hugolestly and now it can like contribute to your happiness, like overall happiness or peace of mind or yeah, you're inner peace. And I think that that's like an important thing to notice so that you can I can be more intentional about it, like I am being right now by purging my closets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what did you learn today? I think I've I'm like, I kind of had this idea that like Huga in my head. I was like, oh, well, it's this, but like, as talking about it, it is what I said in the beginning, which is like it's kind of a vibe, right, And my version of it is there's elements of it that are the danishy elements of it, but there's elements of it that are just like not at all. Like my version of it is pink and florals and gold gilded and like, but I still love a cozy blanket and I love having like a rug on the floor be like cozy. It just happens to have like a big floor print on it, you know. Yeah. So I guess like my version of it, like there's there's different iterations of it, so like totally don't be afraid of like making things your own kind of yeah, And I also feel like I feel like I feel like there's so much more that I could talk about, like especially like cheap ways to do this, like there's so many cheap ways to do this. I kind of touched on a little bit, but like, I mean, I was poor for so long that I feel like I really learned how to do it on a budget. And I still tend to do that, like I did it for my trailer. On this job, I didn't even talk about my trailer. I should take pictures. We could put them on the Instagram. Yeah, girlfriend went to home goods and had a budget and did it up. Baby Like that is such a good idea because I'm really cute in there. I'm proud of it being a trailer for five or six months. Oh my god. Should we do an episode on Small Space decorating you guys and should we show our trailers? Then that's a good Okay, we'll discuss with ices. Okay, okay, great, I feel more better to you. I do feel more better. This was a lovely time. I like talking about this too. This was a fun one. That's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm kind of inspired to like, huga up my house, mourning for.
Speaker 3: You for you, Huga. Okay, thanks guys for listening. Sorry that we said horny and huga so many times together. That was probably weird for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was like a steamboat to just to remember the pronunciation so many times. Thanks for coming, Bye bye, more Better.
Speaker 3: Do you have something you'd like to be more better at that you want us to talk about in a future episode?
Speaker 1: Can you relate to our struggles or have you tried one of our tips and tricks?
Speaker 3: Shoot us your thoughts and ideas at Morebetter pod at gmail dot com and conclude a voice note if you want to be featured on the pod. Ooh, More Better with Stephanie Melissa is a production from WV Sound and iHeartMedia's Mike Utura podcast network, hosted by me, Steffie Beatriz, and Melissa FUMERA More Better is produced by Isis Madrid, Leo Clem, and Sophie Spencer Zabos. Our executive producers are Wilmer Valderrama and Leo Clem at Wvsound. This episode was edited by Isis Madrid and engineered by Sean Tracy and features original music by Madison Davenport and Hey Loo Boy.
Speaker 1: Our cover art is by Vincent Remis and photography by David Abolos. For more podcasts from iHeart, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you.
Speaker 3: Listen to your favorite shows, see you next, big bye, oh know pok, Thomas Mayhorse,