Speaker 1: You know, sometimes it takes a little while to realize you're wrongs, and in this case today it only took her two years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's brig and Jeffrey with your second Day podcast and it is brand new today and I think you're gonna enjoy it going into your weekend. Oh yeah, Anyway, I mean some people in the comments enjoy things, some people don't. Yeah, are to complain a happy A happy comment today, Alexis.
Speaker 2: We have a happy comment. Ava said, I can't live without you guys.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: I'm a fourteen year old living in LA and when I go to camp, I cry because I missed listening. I don't have cellular data.
Speaker 3: There's camp.
Speaker 2: How dare they take away your phone? Put your phone down? I'll be the mother in the room, which as a WiFi see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, for fourteen year olds everywhere.
Speaker 2: Here's your brand.
Speaker 1: News Saga Date Up day, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning Second Date Update. Brook.
Speaker 4: Have you ever gone out on a date and afterwards thought, you know, I probably should have been nicer to that guy.
Speaker 2: I actually have never thought that.
Speaker 3: That's very funny, Jo, that's a good point. Women don't make mistakes. I always forget that.
Speaker 2: But why would you be mean to somebody on a date? Why would you agree to go out if you're just gonna be rude?
Speaker 1: Question?
Speaker 4: These are philosophical questions that I don't have the tools to answer. But one of our listeners says that she does kind of regret what happened on a first date that she went on, and there's some very unique circumstances surrounding it. Okay, I don't know everything, but I know I can't wait to hear the whole story. So let's welcome Alicia to the show. Hey, Alicia, Hi.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 1: These are the type of dates we love to hear about, just ones that are trained wrecked.
Speaker 2: Alicia, I'm really sorry about.
Speaker 3: You're self aware?
Speaker 2: You're coming in like I messed up if she said that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe you just feel that and you actually did nothing wrong.
Speaker 3: We need to hear the story first.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe you need to hear the story.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's start with the guy. What's his name?
Speaker 5: Okay, his name is Liam.
Speaker 3: How'd you meet him?
Speaker 5: I met him on Instagram? I guess. Okay, but this date happened two years ago, first of all, But hear me out what he has a channel on Instagram sort of where he posts about bad dates usually.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 5: I messaged him and I was like, I want to show you what a good date can be.
Speaker 2: Dude, this is genius on his part.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly the best use of reverse psychology ever.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I worked.
Speaker 3: I guess, I guess why do you say that?
Speaker 5: Well? He wrote back and he seemed like a really nice guy, and I was like, let me take you out. Let me do a date for you and show you, you know, what a good date was.
Speaker 3: A girl, take me out.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: Alexis is shaking her head like this is a bad.
Speaker 1: Bad.
Speaker 2: My first date.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would like to be in control.
Speaker 2: I took out my husband on the first date. I planned the whole date. We went go kart racing, we went to a brewery.
Speaker 3: I want to talk to you about your dates. That are her Now, I.
Speaker 2: Know, what did you do? What did you plan?
Speaker 5: Okay? So I planned this like incredible fine dining evening. Oh wow, we did like the tasting menu, you know. So I contacted the restaurant beforehand and they knew like what I wanted, and so like everything was already decided and done. You know, just think a good experience, like you're saying, like it never happens for the guy. So I was like, you know, you've got all these bad dates. I'm going to do this. And then he found out what restaurant it was and he was like, oh, that's very expensive for a first date. And I was like, it's my treat. I'm I want to do this.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, I'm impressed.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's a lot for someone you don't even know deserves it.
Speaker 5: No offense, but like bad dates and you don't know, he's not the problem, whether it's.
Speaker 2: Like set up of flowers like that extra little big goes.
Speaker 6: So they was right.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, they said chivalry is dead, but that's not true. It just swapped genders.
Speaker 5: YEA hold on what you go wrong? Well, mid date, the thought crossed my mind, like this would be really good for his social media if I left, if I like, oh no, ended the date because I was thinking it would boost all of his likes and followers.
Speaker 2: And I'm hoping you said this idea out loud to him.
Speaker 3: Like and then you're like, hey, it's not working out, I gotta I gotta go.
Speaker 2: No, Like, hey, let's create some content. I'll pretend hanging out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that would have been good, probably, But no, I was a little tipsy from all the wine. It was like a different wine pairing with everything. And I was like, I to go to the bathroom, and I went, and in the bathroom, I was like, I'm gonna leave, and then he's gonna post, and then I'm gonna pay him back. I was gonna, you know, send him whatever the cost was.
Speaker 2: You were leaving him with a check too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a fine dining place.
Speaker 2: Charged me an award for the dumbest idea out there. Because this is this is it.
Speaker 5: I was thinking like it needed to be real, like he needed to have the real reaction.
Speaker 2: He needed to actually be heartbroken.
Speaker 1: I mean, lifted this man up so high and he was feeling so good, only to let him crash and burn.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would watch that video for sure.
Speaker 2: So did the video, I mean, did the video go up?
Speaker 5: It did get posted, and I was gonna make it all right after that. But he was ruthless. He was oh mean and rude and like what did you ex Yeah, but like he like talks about things that weren't true, like my appearance and my smell, and like, oh like he really went for it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, did you at least pay him back for the meal?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Because I got so pissed off about how rude he was about me. Well it's been it's been almost two years now, and I feel so bad about it. And that's why I'm thinking, like, maybe this is the way to get back in with him and say like, I'm sorry I did that, and let me pay you back for that, and then also let me take you off for a real date.
Speaker 1: What you want to say when he says why did it take you two years? Yeah?
Speaker 5: To feel bad? Well, I'm gonna say, like you said that my hair smelled like dog food, Like that hurts.
Speaker 2: That's an obvious result of what was happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Alicia, Honestly, I don't even know if I want to make this call for you, because my biggest fear is what if he picks up and he says yes to a date and then you do it to him all over again a second time so we can have even more content.
Speaker 3: Would you do that to him and stand him up a second time?
Speaker 5: Probably?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 2: I know you are not a social media manager. Okay, stay out of it. No date after two years of god?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, let's find out how this goes.
Speaker 4: I can't believe we're doing this, but we're gonna call this poor guy and offer to send him out on another date with the woman who ditched him two years ago.
Speaker 1: At least he'll have an opportunity to air how he really feels on the radio.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we'll get what brand of dog food it smelled black in your hair?
Speaker 3: A second date update Just hold on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Second date updates.
Speaker 4: The word of the day is regret because our listener Alicia feels bad about a date she went on two years ago.
Speaker 2: Should with a guy who.
Speaker 4: Has an Instagram channel about going out on bad dates. His name's Liam, So she wanted to take him to a fine dining establishment him. Yeah, she felt so terrible about all the horrible dates he's been on. But in the middle of it, she had this genius idea to help him with his content and his followers. Why not ditch him mid date and leave him with the entire bill.
Speaker 2: She promised to pay for to begin with.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, story to tell perfect.
Speaker 4: Now that actually happened, and she was planning on paying him back until.
Speaker 3: His video review came out. And it was so scathing.
Speaker 4: She got offended, shocking, decided he doesn't need that money, it's not worth it. And it's taken her two full years to be the bigger person and say, you know what, I just need to say I'm sorry and actually take him out on an honest, real date this time.
Speaker 2: Scared, he's probably gonna appreciate that I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I hope so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yes, and I believe she's actually going to follow through with a full date the second time.
Speaker 2: That part he'd be an idiot to say yes to.
Speaker 4: But sure, I have faith in you, Alicia. You're going to be our champion today.
Speaker 5: Right, Yes, I am really gonna it's gonna be a real date this time.
Speaker 3: Keep in mind that you are over it after two years.
Speaker 4: He still may not be, who knows how hard it's stung.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: Or he's going to be so thankful for you for providing the best content his channel has ever seen.
Speaker 5: I mean, is it is it bad that I kind of secretly want him to thank me?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's not bad that it's a secret though I thought they're keeping a secret.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you do not thank you?
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, call him, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: I don't know I who we are, but we're gonna do it. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hey is this Liam? Yes, hey man, thanks for picking up. You're on a radio show right now. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Bro h my number?
Speaker 6: Did you guys hit up my socials or something?
Speaker 3: No, not quite.
Speaker 4: We have a connection with a fan of yours though, that wanted us to reach out to you. Yeah, a fan that you know kind of intimately because you went on a date with her two years ago, a woman named Alicia.
Speaker 6: Alicia, what a fan.
Speaker 2: She's That is not a good way to list.
Speaker 3: She certainly is a fan.
Speaker 4: She is rooting for you and your channel to go viral, and so she reached out to us to do this segment.
Speaker 3: It's called a second Date update.
Speaker 1: And if we're not in your algorithm on socials, rude, you really are.
Speaker 3: Probably to be very You're probably bigger than than we are.
Speaker 6: Alicia, Wait what she reached out to you?
Speaker 3: Yes? So, like I said, this segment is called a second date update.
Speaker 4: And she feels really bad about how your date went all that time ago. And I don't know if you remember it fully because it's been so long.
Speaker 2: Oh, you probably put it out of your mind on purpose.
Speaker 6: What do you mean if I don't remember it. I got stuck with a nineteen hundred dollars bill.
Speaker 2: The restaurants could have bills that bag hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Hold on, let me see if I got this straight. She's reaching out to you to get a second date with me.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Well we're not going that far yet, but she's reaching out to us because she feels horrible about her behavior that day. And we would hate to, like redredge up what happened, but we would like to hear your side of the story.
Speaker 3: Get like the full.
Speaker 1: Scope we're seeing, because I am in shock when you said nineteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: I got stuck with a six hundred dollars bottle of wine.
Speaker 3: Why would you.
Speaker 6: Pick a bottle of water this?
Speaker 2: She picked it? Oh my okay.
Speaker 4: Well she does have good taste in wine, that's clear, but it is it's a little expensive.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like your mindset going into this date, because she set it up as she was going to be this savior that was going to rescue you from this like long list of terrible dates you had been on.
Speaker 6: I didn't even want to go out on this date, she insisted. I mean it was such an expensive, luxurious place, fine dining. I didn't feel comfortable in the first date, but I said, you know what, she picked it. It was her idea, and she told me she was going to cover the bill for this date. She said, that's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, weird.
Speaker 1: I don't know that if I were you, I don't know that i'd ever be able to trust a woman on a date again.
Speaker 4: I mean, we thought that it was pretty cold what she did. But is any part of you just a little bit thankful for the content that she gave you for your channel?
Speaker 3: Just a little bit?
Speaker 6: No, are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: Nineteen dollars?
Speaker 3: I'm just asking the question.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't make nineteen hundred off that post.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, that's fair. That's fair.
Speaker 4: It's fair to still be upset two years later. We totally understand where you're coming from.
Speaker 3: That probably the worst.
Speaker 5: Day of your life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was. Thanks for bringing it up again, because I hang up now.
Speaker 4: Guys almost there's just one more thing that I that I need to tell you.
Speaker 2: Liam to get worse, Actually it could get better. This could be your chance to say what you need to.
Speaker 4: Do, because the way that the segment works is we have Alicia waiting on hold on the other line, listening to this conversation so she can jump in and.
Speaker 3: Talk to you.
Speaker 6: Wait what, she's here right now.
Speaker 4: Ready to apologize, according to her, Yes, let's see Alicia. Hi, Hi, Liam, pretty chippy?
Speaker 6: Are you joking right now?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I know, I know. Hear me out, hear me out. First of all, I didn't know that that bill was that much. I thought it was around like a thousand dollars. So, oh wow, I am sorry for that.
Speaker 6: Well, if you're so sorry for then, Alicia, how about you've been with me right now nineteen hundred dollars to apologize.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I will, I did.
Speaker 6: I wow.
Speaker 5: That is a lot more than I had expected. And I'm like wondering.
Speaker 4: At me about it.
Speaker 6: Tell me about it.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, I totally get it. I get it. If the things are a little tight right now, could we just split it? Maybe? Would you be into that?
Speaker 3: That's a nice offer.
Speaker 6: Oh your idea? You ordered everything six hundred dollars of bline. You ordered it.
Speaker 2: You need to take two payments if you can't make one right now.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: I totally get that. I understand. I do feel like maybe it paid off though, because of the attention you got on social media.
Speaker 3: Oh did it?
Speaker 5: I feel like it did. Like I followed it. It kind of boosted you.
Speaker 6: Point Alicia, I don't go on these dates to go get content for social I really wanted to connect and know you better. I didn't go on this to learn a nineteen hundred dollars lesson.
Speaker 5: Okay, I get it. I just was kind of hoping like maybe you were going to be like, oh, thank you so much for what you did for my social media.
Speaker 2: You said that out loud.
Speaker 6: Secret yes allis you doing it to rub it on my face? What's wrong with you? Why are you wasting or sign on this phone call? Why aren't you stealing someone else's money right now? You're literally losing money right now?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I understand, I do. Look for real, I did want to apologize to you for it and no more money I did it.
Speaker 6: You made me throw it all away, So don't ask the I can't, so I don't have anything else to tell you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, you actually do have one other thing to say to me, like I kind of would love an apology for how you talked about me online. It was pretty brutal, you joke.
Speaker 4: It is a little bit fair because she just apologized for what she did to you, the kind that apparently you said some heinous things about her hair that she has never recovered.
Speaker 2: That is not even that bad. That her hair smelled like dog food.
Speaker 4: I mean a dry or wet really depends, definitely.
Speaker 6: Is this really happening right now? Is this realized? You know what, guys, I can't waste any more time on this. I got a meeting at twelve.
Speaker 5: I gotta go.
Speaker 6: I can't deal with this man.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, if you got to go, then I got to hurry up and ask you. Liam. We'd love to.
Speaker 4: Send you out on another wonderful date with Alicia, and if you agree to do it, we'll pay for it.
Speaker 3: I believe you just said that another date with Alicia on our bill.
Speaker 1: Liam.
Speaker 5: I'm serious. I did tell them I want to go out with you again. I want to make it up to you, and I promise I won't leave.
Speaker 3: All probably won't.
Speaker 5: I won't even go to the bathroom this time.
Speaker 6: Alicia for me once, shame on you for me twice. Then I'm an idiot. Go scratch your app.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's is that how the same? I don't remember.
Speaker 5: Liam, you just missed out because I was gonna pay you half, not more.
Speaker 6: That you were going to stay for the whole date.
Speaker 3: Well, Liam, well we'll let you go. Man, thanks for being on the show. But you're welcome for the content that we just provided to your channel, so us too.
Speaker 2: You could share the podcast, Liam.
Speaker 3: Broken, Jeffrey, make sure you tag us. We will not pay you. Oh did he hang up? I'll crap.
Speaker 1: Brooken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Man, Liam had a chance to score himself a date with a quality woman, and he totally blew it.
Speaker 3: She was even gonna pay him.
Speaker 1: I can never tell if you're sarcastic or delusional.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like a real fine line.
Speaker 4: I agree, Liam is totally delusional to go on that date and get his money. Nope, he's still holding onto a grudge from two years ago, and that, my friend, is not healthy.
Speaker 3: I come on, I think everybody sees why.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe she was only going to pay half. Yes, Reimburson a thousand dollars bill.
Speaker 4: Now, thanks to Liam and his naughty behavior, he's not getting anything. And I hope that he learns a lesson from this. I think we know who's to blame for all those bad dates that he talks about on his Instagram channel, Common Denominator Liam.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what Alexis said at the beginning. Yeah, yeah, I do you take that back.
Speaker 4: We're finally on the same page with you. You can be on our podcast page though, if you follow us at Brook and Jeffrey, like comments, subscribe, and reach out to us if you need help with your dating life.
Speaker 3: We won't exploit it for our own pleasure and entertainment. Sure we will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we will charge your money.
Speaker 3: There you go, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.