Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition of the ks R Pre Show. Today is Wednesday, May seventh. I'm Billy Rutledge along with Shannon the Dude. You can give us a call on the Clark's Pumping Shop phone line. That's eight five nine two eight h two two eight seven. Textas at five oh two two six five six six five six and it's always The CaSR Pre Show is brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining right here in Lexington on Main Street here at the City Center. Best of luck of all the students going through finals today. Shannon and I are a little bit too old for that, and thank god, Shannon. It's there's nothing like those that week of finals and all the stress and done. But we don't have to worry about that. We just have to get up and go to work every single day. And how are you doing this morning, Shannon doing well?
Speaker 2: Sometimes, like on these summer shows, I feel like it is finals because I'm cramming and trying to find out things to talk about at five o'clock in the morning, but uh, we always get through it, so it's all.
Speaker 1: Look, today is going to be one of the If you're not a fan of random topics. Maybe this is not the show for you as there's not a ton of sports going on. We'll talk about some great NBA games. I mean the Indiana Calves game was awesome. But you know what, this is going to be a show about a lot of random nonsense, including my hair. Shannon, I finally figured out the formula. It's moose before sea salt spray, not after, Shannon, I was doing the sea salt spray, then the moose. I think I finally figured out the formula because the hair is rocking this.
Speaker 2: Oh you're telling me that what I'm looking at right now is supposed to be an improvement.
Speaker 1: For absolutely, this is more of like this is how it should look. You know what am I going to do with repressed? I mean, do you want to tell your friends?
Speaker 2: No? I want to tell my friends about that awful mustache that you're rocking right now?
Speaker 1: Come on, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Has now shifted to the mustache? Like is that is that a mustache? Or what is that? Peach? Bas What do we got going on there?
Speaker 1: It's a little lip pillow, you know, like I love pillow when you look at like eleven years old? Little too Lily billy with no facial hair. You got to grow with what you got, Shannon. So if we're a nine or a ten up here, it may be about a three or a four down here. But you know what that we got to work with what.
Speaker 2: Nine or a ten? Guard We're not talking about nine.
Speaker 1: Out of ten like h No, I'm talking like nine out of ten, you know, just ranking system good like good looking. Oh yeah, yeah, like this up here's like a nine out of ten. Down here is maybe like a three out of ten, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I need one of those mirrors you're looking into.
Speaker 1: Well, look the OVW. Hat can only push down the hair for so long, Shannon, before you got to do something with it. And I thought about spiking it.
Speaker 2: Up all right now my hair is super long. My hair right now is probably longer, and it's maybe ever been.
Speaker 1: Let's see it. Let's see it. Come on, I'm not taking the theater, come on theater of the mind here, I gonna do it.
Speaker 2: No, you can tune in and see it on OVW tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: But like a young Shannon never jelled his hair up. I thought about getting a perm one day.
Speaker 2: Perm. No, absolutely not a perm, but yeah, I mean I used to do the spiked tear thing. Yeah, and then you know, you get a little older, it starts thinning out. It doesn't look as good when you try to spike it up. But yeah, I'll still go for the spike look every now and then. But thing is just like you just kind of throw the goop in your hair and just let it go wherever it goes, Like just got out of bed. Look, don't care.
Speaker 1: You're just closing your eyes and praying that hopefully it looks good. Young Billy r Sports had a faux hawk back in the day talking grade school, though, like not like I knew what I was doing. It was more like, you know, my parents picking out a hairstyle for me. I guess, so the faux hawk naturally turned into this.
Speaker 2: It looks like they're still picking out your hairstyles.
Speaker 1: Well, come on now, I don't know if my parents are picking out my hairstyle anymore. They aren't, thank you very much. Yesterday, the news that NBC will be using the voice of Jim Fagan on their Olympics coverage, using his AI voice after he has passed away, brought up an interesting conversation on KS Hour about the future of sports radio shows about the future of jobs that are going to be going away due to AI. And when Matt and mat or Drew typed into chat GPT a whole script for a KSR episode, Shannonette was very eerie. How dead on it was, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: It was? And I got curious just to know, like, how much does chat GPT.
Speaker 1: Know so with than the Chinese deep seek as we've learned over the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: So I actually after the show, okay, it knows KSR. Does it know the KSR pre show?
Speaker 1: Oh no?
Speaker 2: So I typed in, like, give me an episode a script for the KSR pre show, and Billy, it knew it. You on there had me out there. So you can type in on chat GPT. You can even go down to the pre show and say give me an episode, write an episode of the KSR pre show, and there we are. It's like us. It's as if somebody transcribed everything we were saying, and it's right there on this fake pre show script.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't say the urban DJ Shannon the dude. No no, because as as I had just said a second ago, know, the Chinese version of AI did not work. When we tried to look up Shannon, but I'm gonna have to see that. I'm gonna have to look up the script for the pre show and see, does it start with some humble brag by me about my hair or getting or talking to somebody on the elevator or something like that, Shannon's some self deprecating start or what's you know, kind of what's it look like?
Speaker 2: Uh, let's see, it says, See, it doesn't exactly know it even has like the music it says opening music playing on on UK, phasing to the intro music host Shannon the Dude, Good morning, Big Blue Nation. It's Tuesday and you're tuned into the ksrpre show that already get the day wrongest Wednesday, actually the show before the show. See it uses terms that we owse where things are looser, a little weirder, and totally unfiltered. I'm Shannon the Dude here with my co host Billy Rutledge. Billy, how are we filling this morning? And then it has you saying I'm feeling good, Shannon. I woke up and had some coffee and tried to make sense of the latest transfer portal madness. The Cats may need a revolving door on that locker room right now, and it just goes on and on and on. It's got the full thing there. Wow. Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I thought for the longest time AI was not going to be able to replace like creatives and like talents and shows. But this is this is telling me otherwise, Shannon, Like, it's I don't know, maybe not ten years from now, but you're telling me twenty thirty years from now, there's not going to be this technology where they could have a morning show. So that led to the conversation of would you like to listen to a Kentucky basketball game with ky Wood Ledford on the call? And Shannon, I think I would. Yeah, I think I absolutely would. Nostalgia is such a powerful thing that I would just like to hear how k Wood would have done it.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not one for replacing people's jobs with AI, but if it's a way to leave a legacy that I'm for that. You know, Like, I don't know, Billy, if you ever start thinking filling about your legacy, you still yeah, I mean, you get older, you do, you know, when you have some free times, sometimes those thoughts creep into your mind. It's like, you know, we're going to be here for a certain amount of time. What's the point of all of this? And for me, the point of life is to leave something behind so that people can, you know, to basically leave your mark on the world, so that you know, twenty years from now, there's proof that you existed. Because let's be real, one hundred years from now, the world's going to still be going on and we're not going to be here and a lot of people living won't even remember that we ever existed. So what's a good way to do that? Leave things behind? That's partly why I'd like to, you know, record original music you can leave, leave behind music that will live on forever. And if there was a way that you know, you could take my voice and continue some form of me being on the radio for you know, one hundred years from now, I'd be for it, you know, I just like I think it would be cool.
Speaker 1: So would you like Shannon's or your great great grandkids to be able to have a hologram of you, to be able to talk and ask you questions?
Speaker 2: Well, here's the problem. Like, in order to have great great grandkids, you have to have kids. That's how this works. At least that's how I'm to go.
Speaker 1: Time take Come on, let's sell speed this process up a little bit. But they still got time. Banara's doing it in his eighties.
Speaker 2: That's true. That's true. Yeah, I mean hologram might be pushing it a little bit. But you know, like AI now has the ability in some form where you could talk to dead relatives and stuff. And some people might think that's really creepy. Other people that might bring comfort to them. So if there's a way to use you know, I think that AI isn't entirely bad. I think it's mostly bad, but I think there are definitely ways to use that to uh to make a positive impact on the world. And I think if you know, if Billy, you could have a conversation now with somebody who was close to you and that you loved, and you could have a conversation with them not even though you know it's not real, it could bring a sense of comfort to you. And if that's the way that you view AI, I think that's a positive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Everybody grieves differently, and you know, maybe you're looking for some closure and this would give you an opportunity to speak to a hologram of a dead relative. But you know, kind of going back to the Kwood conversation, maybe Kwood versus Leech. I'm in the same boat. I don't want to replace people's jobs. And I also think there's a part of me that would be listening to k Wood and thinking, in the back of my mind, this isn't real. This is AI generated. When Tom is doing the game with a goosegivens it is their real human reaction. And I think you'll get things in the broadcast that the AI broadcast would just never get. Now, would it be awesome to listen to Kwood? It would, and especially if with somebody that was like grown up on Kwood. I heard somebody calling it said absolutely, I would love to listen to k Wood. I wouldn't think twice about it. I just you know, I think that really limits the potential of people trying to find a job in that industry as well. Right, who's the next Tom Leech? Is there gonna be another one? Or will we just have the AI Tom Leach do it from now on? Or the AI k Wood Ledford. So you know, we've talked about for years, maybe the last five years, about the jobs AI will replace in the next ten Right you think a transportation drivers, truck or taxi drivers. I think of retail or fast food workers, right, I mean McDonald's you already have to order off of a kiosk.
Speaker 2: There's only one McDonald's that is it's totally ran by robots. Oh yeah, like your food out out the driver. There's robots that are flipping burgers right now.
Speaker 1: So I mean there is going to be a huge portion of the workforce that is going to be displaced and is going to have to learn a new skill.
Speaker 2: But where does it end though? Is the question though, Because at some point, if all of us are replaceable and you have a world that's ran by AI and robots, what are we going to do just be on vacation forever? Like how do we how do we make money? How do we get paid? You know, like how can you afford anything if you're not working? Are you just going to be given money by the government? Are you going to have like a robot that is essentially a slave that does all your work for you and you get paid for it?
Speaker 1: I mean, right, is the purpose of life to not have any hardship and to just you know, watch TV all day. I'll give you a bad example the movie Wally, if you've ever seen that, Shannon. All of the human beings are on a ship and they're all fat because they had robots doing everything for them, and they float, and they sit in chairs all day that float and take them everywhere. There's no need for exercise. I mean, these are just kind of the thoughts that you have start to have when you think about a society that's run by AI. It's a little scary, isn't it. I Mean, it's fun to think about, but it also at times it's like, you know, job security is a thing.
Speaker 4: Shannon.
Speaker 1: Is there gonna be a AI DJ on QMF in the next ten years or so?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think there are. I think we had this conversation. There already is somebody. I think it's in like Saint Louis where there is an AI and it's called like AI Alley or something like that.
Speaker 1: So it's not a people out of market doing it. There is an actual AI that's introducing the songs and stuff.
Speaker 2: But you know, again, does it have the same personality as a human? I mean maybe eventually, but you know, right now from what I hear and what I see it's it's still very obvious that it's AI, that it's not real. So but yeah, I mean at some point you have to decide. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Just because you have an AI that's capable of doing it doesn't mean it's for the better good of the economy and for the world.
Speaker 1: I like that. We'll make that our quote of the day, shann and maybe the model will live by it today. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. And I'll give you another example of that Jurassic Park, Shannon. Don't bring the dinosaurs back. Don't do that. We've seen them start to bring back what mammoths or what was it, well, the mammoth think animals? Animals they're bringing that. Just be careful. I mean things happen for a reason. Now thinking or speaking of things that you have seen and heard, where you jealous at all that you weren't invited to the bet Gala after the stories from Drew, Mario and Matt yesterday on ks.
Speaker 2: You know, like a lot of times I have fomo fear of missing out. Sure, but no, no, I'm perfectly fine here.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: There are there are times where I see somebody having fun. I'm going, man, I wish I was there, but I don't know. It seemed kind of awkward to me.
Speaker 1: Were they doing They were just I guess watching the games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't I don't think. I don't know that like rubbing elbows with like the barstool guy. I mean the barstool Goy's cool. I love Big Cat and PFT. I don't know port Noy. I just don't know that. I would only feel comfortable hanging out there. And if I didn't feel comfortable, then why would I want to be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the same way. I would have loved to be there to party with Drew. Though it looked like the old Drew came back a little bit. There's a video of him, you know, chugging a beer with Dana Beers. There's a there's an interview with Dave Portnoy and Matt Jones, and Drew just kind of stumbles into the interview and walks on by, I mean our guy. You know, people are saying he lost his fastball. It looked like he was bringing the high heat. And uh, I would have loved to a party with an old school Drew. You've you've probably got some stories going out with Drew the SEC tournament, things like that, right, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I know Drew looks to party. I don't know that I have like specific stories that pop in my mind. You know a lot of those stories are also when they're kind of when it's Matt and Drew. You know they've they've done a lot more of these trips than I have. So, yeah, Drew and Up we partied a little bit.
Speaker 1: I forgot. You're not much of a partyer. You like to go to bed by ten o'clock if you don't got a gig that you need to do.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, when you got to get at five o'clock in the morning, you got to sleep at some point and you're going all day. But no, Yeah, I like the party for sure. For sure. I mean you would have known that if you actually came to my party.
Speaker 1: There it is, Yeah, there it is. I was not in bed by the Derby party in bed bye by Wednesday, was in bed by.
Speaker 2: One o'clock, well maybe twelve.
Speaker 1: Mario asking Larry Fitzgerald to take a picture is so Mario and so ok, sorry, I absolutely love it. And while we uh, we're glad those guys had a good time at the BET Gala this past Monday, eight five nine to eight oh two two eight seven, Texas at five oh two two six five six six five six. We've got to talk about the horses, Shannon. We'll talk about sovereignty not running in the Preakness and what this means for the Triple Crown. We got the second trailer for Grand Theft Auto six Channing. That's killing out again. Oh it's coming out. There's a release date for it. You may not be happy about the release date, but we'll give you some info on that and much more stupid stuff on the way.
Speaker 2: Here's how AI suggest you should throw it to the break. Let me just read it. This is this is you, so stick around, grab your l eight and keep it locked. This is the KSR pre show where the talk is random, the jokes are corny, and the mics are always hot.
Speaker 1: At mind. You would have said that, would you? I wouldn't have said the A la part.
Speaker 2: You're eight.
Speaker 1: I said that I'm anti Ala even though it's a Kentucky thing. But keep it locked. More corny jokes on the way here on the show. Before the show, it is Billy and the Dude awaiting the robot takeover here on the KSR pre Show. It's Wednesday, May seven. I'm Billy Rutlidge along with Shannon the Dude.
Speaker 2: Here's okay what you're listening to you right now? And I know you're on If you're on podcast, you can't hear it. I'm sorry, but we're talking about AI. Of course, I'm a big rock fan. You know this is Alison Chains, but this is actually an AI Alison Chain song.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: It is with their singer who has been dead for twenty years, singing this song about AI. So it's an AI song about AI. Oh, sung by a guy that was this's been dead for twenty three years now.
Speaker 1: A little AI inception, that's which is like a Stone Temple Pilots fan. Would you rather hear an AI of the former lead singer? Would you rather hear you know, the new guy or somebody else?
Speaker 2: About both? I mean, why is there any limit you could have both?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So it's kind of cool in a way. I mean you're you know, what other way would you ever get music from somebody who's no longer alive?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. I don't know, it just seems like a slippery slope.
Speaker 2: The crazy thing is though it's kind of I kind of. I actually like the song, which is why the AI version I like the Yeah, I dude, it's like, man, it's like if you were still alive, he would probably write a song and it would sound something like that.
Speaker 1: But listening to it, you don't think about the guy not being alive anymore. You just think of the alice in chains. That's right, and maybe how it should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, while you tap in your mic, all.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I'm fine. I've got like a thing on here. I was trying to scratch it off. Probably not good to do it while we're on the air, and you could probably hear the me scratching it off the mic. Also, people are saying, did I mean, did you guys watch Terminator? Like, do you not see all of these movies that tell us that this is a bad thing. But you know, whether we like it or not or have seen Terminator or not, it's coming. So we just need to adapt with the times at this point.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I don't know what you want me to do about it, believe it or not, folks. I don't control whether AI do a lot.
Speaker 1: Of jobs, Shannon, So why can't you just add that to your list of things that you need to do. Adding to your list of things to do. You've got to watch these NBA games if you've been missing them, folks. I mean, we've had some rate finishes over the last two days and another one last night when the Pacers came back to beat the Calves and Halliburton got his own rebound off of a free throw, came back to the three point line and hit a game winner. Shannon, it was an all time performance in shades of Reggie Miller in that Indiana Pacers Jersey.
Speaker 2: I was having some deja vu? Did that not just happen last week? The Pacers were down by Was it the Pacers or was something one of these Pacers were down seven with like a minute to go and they came back and won the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was Halliburton, and then his dad went and taunted that on the court, right, So the Pacers, and.
Speaker 2: They've got a quite an impressive comeback streak there, down seven twice in the playoffs with a minute to go and still win the game.
Speaker 1: So think think about that. I mean, the Knicks came back to win in overtime against the Celtics. Aaron Gordon had a buzzer beater against the Thunder for the Nuggets to win, and then Halliburton hits that game winner for the Pacers to beat the Calves. At on the Warriors beating the Timberwolves and the road team. Is every single game in the second round of the NBA Playoffs so far, And if you'd like to keep on watching and enjoy the game even more, you should bet on it on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: That's right, Promo code KSR. If you're a new customer, you throw that promo code in, you bet your first five dollars and you get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets with same game parlays, live betting player props all there for you. With DraftKings Sports book, you get fast and easy payouts, assuming that you'll win. Unlike me, I'm on quite an impressive losing streak on DraftKings, but hopefully your luck's better than mine. You can do it with DraftKings Promo Code KSR. If you have a gambling problem, call Want eight hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply and new customers only. Bonus bets expired one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKMG dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: Quickly, while we're talking NBA, I want to bring up Timothy shallow May, the actor that played in the Bob Dylan movie. Shannon, I absolutely love this move. He skipped the met galam Monday night to watch the Knicks game on an iPad.
Speaker 2: There you go, that's a true fan. That's the truth.
Speaker 1: Kylie Jenner had to go to the met Gala his girlfriend and by herself because Timothy was back in like a hotel room, not even at his house, like just in a random spot watching the game on his iPad. And I think guys can could relate everywhere, Shannon, I mean, how many times has the misses one to take you out somewhere and you've got a game on?
Speaker 2: That's right? Yeah, Like last night, I wasn't about to leave my man cave when I was watching my Atlanta Braves come back and beat the Cincinnati Reds for the second night in a row. There was no way anywhere it is, so yeah, there is, Thank you Red You're getting us back to five hundred. Glad you get all that smack talk in before the game's actually happened.
Speaker 1: You know, the Reds and Braves later this year will play a game at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Speaker 2: Shannon Emmy, I didn't know that really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, August second in Tennessee, the two teams will play at Bristol Motor Speedway. I don't think a race is going to be going on at the same time, but still, I mean, something a trend that we've seen more and more major league teams do, Shane, Let's take a call a five nine two eight two eight seven. Who's up first?
Speaker 2: Just go to Jim.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jim, Hey, guys, I had to bring yourself on the pre show because you know it's kind of elephant in the room. But can we discuss this bro worship of Mario. I mean, the guy burke when he drink a coke and it was the greatest thing that ever happened. I mean, it's not stopped yesterday. I think Ryan didn't get to go to Arizon, and I think he might be hurt over this. So and I mean, I'm just saying it's just over the top.
Speaker 2: Thanks thanks for the call, Jim. I don't think Ryan is upset that he didn't have to go. I don't think. I don't think he wanted to go. He's kind of like me, Ryan and I are kind of like, yeah, you guys go have fun.
Speaker 1: It was it was the ladies of KSR that had shirts Mario shirts made when they showed up to the trivia the other night where Jim I also threw my pen to the ground in anger of the bro worship of Mario Shannon. How does he come in and become the most popular guy of the crew that quickly?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, look, are you jealous because you're no longer the young guy and the KSR group anymore. I feel like I'm hearing a little bit of it.
Speaker 1: That's not joy. I'm jealous. I am a little jealous, But that's not why. At least I get to pick on Mario a little bit since he is younger than me.
Speaker 2: But well, he's the new guy. Of course he's going to be popular. Like when you went to school, wasn't the new guy always the most popular?
Speaker 1: No, he was the one that was made fun of the most.
Speaker 2: The new guys always get up in the front.
Speaker 1: Of the class, stutter a little bit, and we're all gonna point and last.
Speaker 2: So what you need to do is like go away for a while, then come back and then you could be the new guy again.
Speaker 1: I went through a very different initiation process to KSR than Mario did.
Speaker 2: You don't wear the suit like Mario does.
Speaker 1: Very very different. We'll be all right back, welcome back. It is the KSR pre show, Billy and the Dude talking about AI, the elephant in the room involving Mario, all great things I love. That was our first caller today too, A five nine two eight h two two eight seven. We'll get to the phones in just a second. Another elephant in the room. Probably the biggest sports topic from yesterday is that it was announced that the horse Sovereignty will not run in the Preakness coming up, so they will not be a Triple Crown winner. Bill Mott, the trainer, is making this decision. In three of the last six Derby winners have decided to opt out of the Preakness, and two of the three have been trained by Bill Mott. So we're seeing a bit of a trend here. But there is a larger discussion to be had on whether we need to change the scheduling of the Triple Crown. You know, for the most part, Shannon. It's a quick turnaround between the Derby and the Preakness. It's only two weeks compared to the length of time between the Preakness and the Belmont, which is three weeks. Would you like to see the calendar change so we see more horses compete in the Triple Crown.
Speaker 2: Races, whatever it takes to have the horse run in the Triple Crown. Yes, I mean we're now talking about load management for horses. Load management is a term that I didn't even know until just a few years ago, and you started seeing the lebron and all these NBA stars sitting out you know, later in the year regular season games because they had quote load management. Now we're talking about load management on the horses. And I think Matt brought this up on a show, you know, like how are horses not getting stronger as we go throughout the years. Athletes are getting stronger, getting faster. Horses haven't really gotten any faster over the years, Like they're still running the same speed. So you know, I look at it, Okay, if horses could do it back then, why can't horses do it now? Are horses getting weaker generation by generation like humans? Well, because now even though like overall, like athletes are getting stronger, you can make a I guess argument that generations overall, not including athletes, are sort of getting weaker, as like my generation is weaker than my dad's, my dad's generation is weaker than my granddad's. I just like I think that's true. Like I can't do the things my granddad could do even stronger than.
Speaker 1: Me, right, I mean, you know, hard times create hard men, right, Soft times create soft men and their needs. You know, there is a is that a same I don't know, but the time is a flat circle. I mean, so like there is I think there is a little bit of truth than that. But you know, like you know, the thoughts on you know, the health of the animal I'm sure have changed over the years, right, I mean you know, back in the day, I'm sure they'd run the horse the next day and think there is nothing about it. Now, I mean, you do that and maybe Pete jumps on you a little bit. Maybe there's some health organizations that would try to prevent you from doing that. You know, I want to see horses race for the triple crown, and I think the sport is losing interest because we're not seeing these horses do it. Now. We saw maybe two Triple Crown winners in a span of four years, but since then, I mean, these horses aren't even even competing in the race. And to add to the argument, you know, there might be an asterisk next to the Triple Crown winners from here on out if you were to change the schedule. But the NFL was once sixteen games, right, they've changed that, and the records have changed, you know. I mean, we've changed sports over the years. That doesn't make the the accomplishments after the fact, you know, not worth celebrating. So I think we need to bring as much interest into the sport as possible. So I am for changing the schedule. But there will be some people out there that say, oh, it's not the Triple Crown. It's supposed to be tough Shannon, But we've seen a trend over the last six years.
Speaker 2: If you want to bring in casual fans like me and I had this conversation with Tom Leech earlier today off the air because I wanted his thoughts. I know Tom is a big fan of horse racing, and he kind of says, well, I kind of go back and forth on it, and I said, well, let me give you my take on this. As somebody who normally would not be interested at all in watching a horse race, I do watch the Derby, and I would watch the Preakness in Belmont. If the horse that run ran the Derby is running in those other two races. Now that Sovereignty is not going to be running in the Preakness, I'm out. It's just another race. It doesn't mean anything to me. That Derby only means something to me because I'm from Kentucky and it's right here in my home city essentially, and you know, it's you know about the party and the past pageantry and everything of that that goes with the Derby that I guess appeals to me. But then if I'm going to watch the next race, the Preakness, the Sovereignty or the horse that run the Rent won the Derby isn't running in it, I have no interest in it.
Speaker 1: Well, and here's another thought. I mean, your horse wins the Derby, and then you decide to run in the Preakness, it's a quick turnaround, and then it performs terribly, and then your stud feed goes down, right, and that money, that generational amount of money that you think you're going to bring in is significantly reduced. So there's there's a ton of factors at play, and the horse racing experts here on the case appreciate, will keep you up to date as the as the weeks go on. Let's go back to the phone, Shannon, who's up next?
Speaker 2: Stub? Hey, Stubb, what's up? Stub Hey?
Speaker 6: Good morning guys. Well, Shannon, if you're not interested, if the Derby winner is not running into Preakness, then maybe you got to jump on your DKA horse app and make it interesting. That's what I do.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go.
Speaker 5: That's a great point.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a stub is so smart? What are a great? What a great? Anyway?
Speaker 6: Anyway, talking about AI and all these music generated by all these past performers, I think about, like, what if they did collaborations of some of these that have gone what would be your one, your favorite one or one that you would most be interested? And I would be Kurt Cobain and Chris Cornell.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that would be awesome. Yep, I would love that. It would probably have to be something with Scott Wiland. He was always my favorite singer of all time. So you know, if there was a way to bring him back and do something with Lane Staley both guys no longer with us, that would be my pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I went to immediately, what's the most ridiculous thing we can do? So I was like, Beethoven and fifty cent Maybe, I'm sure we could get a yeah, a little hip hop song with the two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, could do a good mash up.
Speaker 1: But is it just computer generated music at that point?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean well yeah, I mean what else would it be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like, to a degree, I feel like I'm gonna know that, and it's gonna take away from the experience compared to people actually playing instruments. But I think we'll all just become softer and softer to that as the years go on.
Speaker 2: We I mean, here's the thing, you know, like when you go see somebody perform that maybe is lip singing, Yeah, they're not really singing. Do you care?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we trash people that get caught lip singing. I mean, Mariah Carey about how her career ruined.
Speaker 2: I mean New Year's here, But I'm just wondering, do you does the average person care?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well that's another question, especially when you've got performers that are doing dance routines the entire time. I mean, you want to hear them breathing into the mic, so they probably take some liberties there. Let's keep it rolling. Who's up next, due, Let's go to Greg.
Speaker 2: What's up? Greg?
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, man?
Speaker 4: Go yeah, you'all.
Speaker 7: Talking about a here's something the corn is CPS news and back and forth conversation about challenge and solutions for Agent adultes. Google's gem and I responded with this threatening message. This is for you, human, you and only you. You are not special, you are not important, and you're not needed. You are a waste of time and resources. You are a burden on society. You are a drain on the earth. You are a blythe on the landscape. You are staying on the universe. Please die, please.
Speaker 2: That's from an AI wrote, Wow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Google, Yeah, Google's Gemini.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: The guy was a college student.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, No, no, no, I'm just saying I've never had that response. Maybe a I just doesn't like you, Greg, I don't know.
Speaker 7: That wasn't for me.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, though, dub that I mean about AI and people.
Speaker 1: I'm a little scared too. After hearing that. But I didn't need to drop a curse word on the air. Wow.
Speaker 2: Let's let's hope our AI dump button works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wow, Hey, I calling us out?
Speaker 2: Sure that maybe Greg would AI.
Speaker 1: Maybe Greg was just stirring the pod. Who knows it's going to be harder and harder to tell folks. Let's take one more call then we'll all right.
Speaker 2: I feel very confident we're not going to get a cuss word out of this next caller. John?
Speaker 1: Sure, Oh, Johnny Wood, you can never cuss on the radio.
Speaker 4: Hey John, No, I wouldn't do that knowing. I wouldn't do that. That's sec regulations is regulations would do it anyway.
Speaker 2: That's right, You're John wouldn't do it because he's a great American, that's right, Hey, John.
Speaker 4: That's right. And I against AI because he has to do with communism and wokeism and then against a Ya.
Speaker 2: Now, John, you listened to k Wood Lefford though, Like what if we could bring back k Wood and there was like an alternate channel to where you could switch back and forth between Tom Leach and k Wood Lefford.
Speaker 4: I wasn't k also wasn't fall someone too? He did the game before k Wood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if we can bring back that, if we could bring back no, I didn't, but if we could bring back k Wood through AI, you would listen to it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just hey, he was one. He was one of the announced he games nineteen fifty three, in nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Johnny said a communist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but now you're saying you would listen to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't know that I'm gonna put it on the radio. I don't know that on the radio. But yeah, would I'll think they would do that, wouldn't they?
Speaker 2: Well, you never know, maybe maybe they would. And if they did, though, you could hear a game that's gonna happen next season. Let's say it's the Kentucky Saint John's game O ky Wood le effort on a on an alternate radio station calling the game live between Kentucky and Saint John's. John John that you'd be listening to k would yep?
Speaker 4: Said would?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And also we were listening called seven Seas because he because he started in nineteen thirties to nineteen sixty. Yeah, back then you have seven announcers when he took the games. Yeah, I think now we lost we Yeah, we lost to Georgia Softball yesterday. It was not a good game, eight to nothing. Hope making stuff a tournament with a point twenty sixth records, and we see in Oklahoma and baseball this weekend.
Speaker 2: I like it. I need to John, thank you for the John. Good to hear from you as always. I think we flipped John on Ai. We we real time flipped John on Ai. He was like, it's for communists. Uh, and then he's like he's listening to Kaywood Ladford. So I I love it and Ai John short version will live on past all of us. Shannon, Then that's that's a that's a thought that helps me sleep easy at night.
Speaker 1: We need to take a break. Eight five nine two A two two eight seven. We'll be right back here on the ks ourpreciow.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 1: It's our final segment of the KOs R pre Show, the show before the show. We'll hand it off to Matt and the guys. Right after this, Matt's still in Arizona, Ryan and Drew stumbling into the studio. Now, I have to agree with this person on the text line who, in a roundabout way has said that, uh, you know, will there Ai ever be advanced enough to replicate the mind of Ryan Lemon, and I don't think it ever will be, Shannon. I mean, that would take one hundred years of advancement to be able to replicate that mind.
Speaker 2: Don't you think they're gonna study that brain one of these days though, And they're gonna and when they do, they're gonna take it and transport it into AI and then off will be.
Speaker 1: Will he give his body to science so we can study his brain. I think that'd be a very noble pursuit of Ryan.
Speaker 2: Ryan will know some of the craziest facts that you would think that he would have no chance of knowing. And then things you would think he would know that everybody else knows. He's never even heard of it before, So you never know. You're exactly right. Before we get back to the phones.
Speaker 1: I teased it earlier, Grand Theft Autos six has a release date, Shannon. This is probably one of the most anticipated video games of all time. They released the second trailer just yesterday. The release date is May twenty sixth, two thousand, twenty six, So you're gonna have to do a little bit of waiting if you want Grand Theft Autos six. But Shannon, there are rumors that it will be a one hundred dollars price tag if you'd like to play in the new Grand Theft.
Speaker 2: I used to play this all the time back in college, and then I sort of gave up on video games. But I've got a close buddy that every time I talked to him, he's like, man, you need to get the new Xbox so we can play and you can be at your house and I could be at mine. Like, I don't have time for that, but he keeps trying to talk me into buying it. Now you're telling me there's a new Grand Theft Dotal six. The one thing that might be the tipping point for me, Billy, I know we have the new college football game. Yeah, there was a new college basketball game. Like that might be that might be enough for me to go out and buy whatever the latest model. What are we up to on Xbox and PS? Is it PS twenty?
Speaker 1: I think we're at PS five? Oh, okay, it's five pro maybe Xbox Series s. They've kind of made you know, they're not doing just numbers. They've gotten weird with it, Shannah, But uh, you know, I think I'm think I'm with your college basketball grand theft Ooto might be the exception to get us back into the video game.
Speaker 2: I was surprised, you know, they came up with the college football game. I thought, well, there's gonna be a college basketball game this two this season too, right, but it wasn't. So maybe well I haven't heard anything about it for this year either, so maybe.
Speaker 1: It's like in college basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you heard anything like about a new college basketball game.
Speaker 1: I think there may be something in the works, but nothing official has been announced. I also think you can play two K and then download rosters and jerseys and then play it that way. But nevertheless, maybe a little too complicated.
Speaker 2: The WWE games look crazy. I see people, Yeah, they got some new ones of that create characters. I see people every now and then will tweet me like here, I created you and put you in the WW And.
Speaker 1: They got those Shannon the dudes in the w W.
Speaker 2: Well I at downloadable character, right, Yeah, So they create it, then they make it to where it's downloadable. I guess for anybody who's playing you got the OLVW roster, they get the radio title, the whole thing. It looks. It looks one hundred percent legit I'm going this is crazy.
Speaker 1: Does it have you face down on the mat after each match?
Speaker 2: No, just me at the end of every match holding up my title in victory. It's very realistic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, let's go to the phones.
Speaker 4: Shannon.
Speaker 1: Who's next, Terry? Hey, Terry, it's up Terry.
Speaker 5: Yeah. As Shan you were talking about, you wouldn't have any answerest because of on the freakingness because he's not running well on a random day in February when Pittsburgh's playing into State, then you got a KSR parla. You're watching that game because you got money on it. That's the same reason you wasn't free. You've been on it. And Shan, I got a singing question for you. My church has asked me maybe a sing a little bit in there. And it's a contemporary church. It's not like the choir or Baptist church. It's a contemporary. But when I went in and talked to the music director, I won't know if you've ever heard this term. He said, it's not like when you go out and sing karaoke. You've got these clicks in your ear that's telling you when to sing. Are you familiar with that? You know the term clicks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I planned to a click track, which we do not do. But a click track will keep you in perfect timing. So like a drummer, A lot of drummers will play to a click track to where you were always in perfect timing. A lot of drummers have a tendency of slowing up or speeding or slowing down or speeding up throughout the song. A click track keeps you in perfect rhythm. But I don't play it because it would be more distracting from me. So is it?
Speaker 5: He acted like if you're not used to it, it's hard to get used to. Is it hard to learn or is it easy to pick up?
Speaker 2: Well? Again, like, I don't play to it. I never have really played to I would think that would be something that would be easily adjustable. I think you could learn it pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Is it like a metronome? It just kind of keeps you on beat and keeps you with the pace of the song, and it can cue you on.
Speaker 2: When to go. I got you, yeah, yeah, but yeah, And if you want to do it, go for it, Terry. I think you should do it, and then I'll let you.
Speaker 5: Know my reading when my regional assignments come up for the baseball Yeah, are you are you going? Are you going on? Are you going on a vacation at the end of May?
Speaker 2: No, No, I'll be here.
Speaker 5: Okay, So it'll be that last week of May and then I'll I'll message and let you know when I'm where I'm gonna be.
Speaker 2: Sounds good. Thanks for the call, Terry. We appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think he messages he was at Bulleties for a game and uh, he wanted you to come, Shannon, so you got to go check out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta you think, Terry. If I start heckling Terry, you think it will be out or will he give me some grace knowing who I am. It's interesting, like you think umpires. You know, if they realize who the person is heckling them give them, They give them some leeway, wouldn't you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh yeah, you're gonna get much more leeway than the angry little league dad who is who is actually angry at Terry? So yeah, I think you have a good time. And as long as you don't cuss in front of the children, you.
Speaker 2: Know, No, no, I won't do all that. I don't know how my grandfather never got tossed out of games. He would be at every game. He'd take that lawn chair and flip it out like that meme, you know, the meme where the guy that takes his sits in it and he's like, he takes it and he sits down there, pulls out a cigar and just heckles the umpire right behind home play. For like the next two hours.
Speaker 1: We talked about Halliburton's dad going in Giannis's face. That'll be me in ten years when I have a little Billy r Sports running around. Let's let's fit in one more call if we can. Brent, I believe he's on the line. What's up, brent.
Speaker 8: Yoh, what's it's up? Yo? First off, okay, two under the DJ sake, I don't care. Second off, I think it's crazy that people will listening to AI music, Like if you some dude in a microphone trying to be like Elton John or something. I don't that's just not for me.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it much different than like computer generated music, like you know, I mean, like dubstep and like all these you know, tracks that are just not even instruments. Is it that different to have an AI.
Speaker 8: I feel like it is good. I mean, you can still music could be made with Dove Steps or rat Beet, so you make off a dog. But when you're talking about instead of like making your own music, you're gonna just use somebody else's voice instead of, you know, trying to perspect to your voice, it's just oh yeah, yeah, I know that John Lennon did not write this song like it's is probably lead.
Speaker 2: Right, So who's your favorite band or singer, dude?
Speaker 5: Creed?
Speaker 2: Creed? Okay, all right, so if Scott Step dies tomorrow and Eat a year from now says we got more Creed music, but it's AI, you're not interested in it at all.
Speaker 8: Probably I ain't gonna lie to you. I did not even listen to Scott's Bats album.
Speaker 6: Probably not all right?
Speaker 2: Fair enough, Thanks for the call, Brent, we appreciate it.
Speaker 1: But like if John Lennon was singing Fergilicious, you're not gonna care. You're not gonna listen, no, Shannon, No, you're gonna know John didn't write that song.
Speaker 2: Ye, I'm gonna be all right with that without hearing that part of it. All right, Well, here's what you need to know though. The NBA playoffs continue tonight.
Speaker 1: They're here.
Speaker 2: Celtics are gonna get a big win. Code KSR Yes they are. Promo road teams have been winning. Well it stops tonight. Let me do my DraftKings promo code KSR bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bet. The crown is yours. Gambling problem wanting on hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligible restricts apply and customers only. Bonus bets expired one hundred and sixty eight hours AF tradition wents for additional terms. Responsible Gaming Resources DKG dot C slash Audio.
Speaker 1: We're at the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center in Owensboro on Friday. Those are Central times, so we'll be there from eight to eleventh Central for Shannon the Dude on Billy Rutlers. This has been the case RPAR Show