Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News. The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Let's get a look at some of the stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg's touch Ona dar Channa. What are you looking at?
Speaker 3: Well, we'll kick it off with oil refiners like Valero Energy, jumping a five percent after reports the US will ease sanctions on Venezuela, which will allow the company to sell oil indefinitely. And that is boosting the oil refiners because Venezuela is known for its heavy crude oil, which requires a specialized refiner units to remove the impurities and break it down into high value products like gasoline and diesel. And less than half of US refineries have a coker, according to Bloomberg Intelligence, which is the specialized unit you need to do that. And among the publicly traded names those highly complex refiners include Valero, Exxon, Marathon Petroleum, Phillips sixty six, and PBF Energy all getting a boost today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll continue to watch this because it's certainly a story here that the US refiners are perfectly positioned in a way that others aren't. Let's talk about another commodity name, Newmont Mining.
Speaker 3: Yeah, staying in the commodity is complex and Newmont shares down three percent, and other piers like Barrick and Royalty company names like Pan American Silver all down in silver and gold pullback after another search at the start of the year. And this comes after silver was already tracking for its best January since twenty seventeen. I mean this, you know, record breaking rally and the names is also causing volatility in the minor space and watch them because it may stay volatile as the rebalancing of the Bloomberg commodities indexes coming up starting tomorrow that may bring more volatility to this space. New Mont shares up nine percent through yesterday after searching one hundred and sixty eight percent linelast year and hovering near a record.
Speaker 2: What else you hat? One more?
Speaker 3: And the last one is Mobile Eye Global app six percent, pairing gains as high as eighteen percent earlier. The self driving car system company is set to acquire the Israeli startup Mentee Robotics, and a deal valid at nine hundred million dollars. It seeks to extend its robotics capabilities into humanoid robots, joining other carmakers like Tesla and Hyundai Motor, which acquired Boston Dynamics. The catches that investors will have to wait longer or a long time for the payoff because BI says that existing robots operate at about half of the capacity of humans at the current at complex tax tasks, and companies can expect a return on investment in about a decade. So that may have played a role in why shares are pairing.
Speaker 2: That saw some crazy video coming out of Las Vegas with the CES conference about these robots doing somersaults and doing all kinds of crazy stuff.
Speaker 1: Is that helpful though doing some results?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: They do things.
Speaker 1: If they continue doing somersaults, I think we're okay in the job front.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, so we'll see there. But that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Stuck the Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto. With the Bloomberg Business app