Speaker 1: Wake up, Wake up, wakes up the program your alarm to power one oh five point one on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, Usa, yo.
Speaker 3: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Yo.
Speaker 4: Y'all piece to the planet. Guess what day it is? Guess what day it is? How y'all feel out there? I feel bless, black and holly favored. Happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 5: Good morning, good morning, Yes, Wednesday, hump day, middle of the week.
Speaker 2: How you feeling, Jess, I feel good.
Speaker 6: How do you feel?
Speaker 5: I feel amazing? I am great, Charlamagne, thank you for the gifts. Tavie, Oh, you're welcome. You've been asking for the last couple of weeks. So, but you said you you stop smoking, So I slowed down.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to make you an enabler. I didn't want you to think that I was enabling you. No, please, That's why I asked, you know if it's cool if.
Speaker 8: I yeah, absolutely, Okay, I've slowed down. Yeah, don't smoke every day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, six o'clock in the morning. Guys, that's no need to be talking about drugs. Just sharly. Okay, a lot of people get up the smoke first thing. I'm sure. I mean that's not something we should encourage. How you going to like le not everywhere? And you still got to be a certain age. Okay. Now, I will say today's one of the shows that I love.
Speaker 4: Okay, I love the type of show that we're having today because it is a show where you will absolutely positively learn something.
Speaker 2: See role models. Okay, ye, you will absolutely learn something.
Speaker 4: We have James Tallarico, he's running for US and and in Texas. That's right, he'll be on this morning, and my good sister Angela Rai will be here as well for that conversation. And since since say job okay, that's right. Yeah, he's a martial artist and instructor, and he's got a new movie called paper Made that comes out on August twenty eighth, and Thetis and Screaming, and you know since a Joah, he blew up on social media just showing people, you know, his martial arts techniques.
Speaker 5: Correct, yes, yes, And of course you can get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, you could hit us up at any point now you see my message I sent you just wanting to about your botlet.
Speaker 2: Okay, me, my god, what me and me?
Speaker 5: You will be breaking that down in Front page News yesterday before it was tackle Bell you say you don't do when now Chipotle.
Speaker 6: Is damn for real?
Speaker 4: Yeah I saw that when that one didn't really it wasn't as crazy as the other one.
Speaker 2: A little salmonella. And it's crazy because there's.
Speaker 4: Always salmon allowed breaks, like if you like salmon allowed breaks, like twice a year since I've been since I've been alive, it's always a salmon allowak.
Speaker 6: Yes, oh man, okay, it'll be going next week exactly.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 5: There's always a salmon allowed But she'll break that down in front page. Let's get the show started. What we're starting with.
Speaker 4: Since y'all can't stop reporting David Bannon with his arm out from one bees Riding.
Speaker 5: Dirty Show, thirtieth anniversary show. That's right, it was last Friday. It's the Breakfast Cloak the Morning Morning. Everybody is dj V Jess hilarious, Charlamage, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page News.
Speaker 7: Good morning to me, Good morning, MV Josh Charlamagne. How y'all doing this morning? You girl, good morning. So we started this morning with President Trump's pick for attorney General. He is moving one step closer to getting the job. So the Senate Judiciary Committee, they voted twelve to ten yesterday to advance Todd. To advance Todd Blanche's nomination to the full Senate. So the vote came after days of negotiation with Republican holdouts. Two Republican senators have been blocking Blanche's nomination over the Justice departments.
Speaker 9: One point eight billion dollar.
Speaker 7: Anti weaponization fund, and they wanted assurance that he would reign in that controversial program before they agreed to support him. But after reaching an agreement with Blanche Senator Senator John Corwin and Tom Tillis, they both voted to advance his nomination. And Democrats they blasted the committee's decision, arguing that Blanche has put President Trump's interests ahead of the Justice Department. Let's listen to Rhode Island Senator Sheldon Whitehouse.
Speaker 3: Today, I think is a sad and embarrassing day for this committee as it looks like on a party line vote, we are going to advance out of this committee probably the most discreditable person ever to seek the office of Attorney General of the United States. The reasons to vote against him number in the hundreds.
Speaker 10: Are Republican colleagues, see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil. I don't know where this committee goes after it stops being taken seriously, because all you have to be is on the right partisan side to get this committee to roll over and play dead.
Speaker 7: Well. Blanche's nomination it still faces an uphill battle Republican Senator Susan Collins, she says that she's a no vote for him today or for his nomination, and Senator Lisa Murkowski she has not said how she will vote. And with Senator miss McConnell's still absent, Blanche can only afford to lose two Republican votes if Democrat votes no.
Speaker 9: And if you may remember, he was the he is the.
Speaker 7: Acting Attorney general, but he also served as President Trump's personal attorney, and he's faced a lot of criticism for his handling of the Justice Department of the Epstein file review.
Speaker 2: Hey, they said he's one vote away, right, He.
Speaker 7: Was one vote away, But now that vote heads to the Senate floor for a full vote. He was able to get out of the Senate Judiciary Committee. But now they will take a full vote, which they will start over. And if every Democrat votes no, every Senator, every Republican center will then have to vote yes.
Speaker 9: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 7: Yes, and we have an update in the Lincoln Memorial reflecting pool case.
Speaker 9: We talked about this a little bit yesterday.
Speaker 7: Prosecutors have now dropped all the charges against all four people accused of vandalizing the reflecting pool. Yesterday we told you about just one Olympian, David Hearn. The Justice Department says new evidence shows damage was caused by vandals. Instead, investigators now believe it was caused by a rushed and botched renovation project. Now the decision, you know, it's a dramatic reversal in a case that was once described as an attack on one of the nation's most recognized, recognizable landmarks. It also has put US Attorney Janine Pirou at odds with President Trump.
Speaker 9: Let's listen to what he had to say about her.
Speaker 11: Well, and I was disappointed with Janine Piro, really disappointed with Jannine Pierrot.
Speaker 2: She folded like an umbrella. Janine Piro made a mistake. It was vandalism. We have photographs or tapes like moving cameras, right, we have where people are on the side cutting it with a box knife.
Speaker 12: It's a little hard to say who it exactly was.
Speaker 2: The judge was extremely unfriendly to Janine, and frankly, I think she choked.
Speaker 4: You can't even do your job with you know, the president undermining you, Like why doesn't he trust his people? I mean they did an investigation, right like you want, uh, And it's in people to go to jail for something that they didn't do. And I wonder the people that were arrested for it.
Speaker 5: I wonder how it affected them, right, if they lost their job, if they lost something, because I mean they were arrested, and a lot of times when you are arrested, it messes with your job. So I wonder how it affected them and what could they do legally.
Speaker 4: And it's also crazy because all Trump has to do is start aiming his energy at the workers who actually did a terrible job, Like you don't have to keep firing at the folks who didn't actually do it.
Speaker 2: They probably his people that did the job, Like it's probably.
Speaker 4: I doubt it's probably the people he wanted to port it. It's probably the fact that he bought it with people the job.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 7: Well, well, to answer your question, and the Olympian David Hern, he did lose his job behind this, and so him and his attorney, they're trying to figure out, you know, what legal recourse they can take against this whole situation. And this contract was a no bid contract, meaning that usually you're supposed to bid for it go to the highest bidder, the person with the most experienced but President Trump did.
Speaker 9: Give it to People's someone that we don't know. It still has not come out yet.
Speaker 7: We don't know the contractor who did this, but it was someone that President Trump did give this contract to, uh without without any competition from others, which you're supposed to do if you're bidding for a federal contract.
Speaker 2: That's probably the reason why he's not issuing on them because it's probably as people. So they did a terrible job.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, y'all. Well, coming up at seven, there's a new food born illness. I think we were just talking about it, but we'll tell you why. Two hundred people are sick and they still don't know the source. So they're still trying to look and identify where the source came from.
Speaker 9: So we'll get into that at seven.
Speaker 5: All right, and get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eighty five one O five one. If you need event, hit us up right now. It's to breakfast slogan morning.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: What up though?
Speaker 12: Just Chris Roseka real estate road?
Speaker 2: What up though? Detroit in the building was up to talk to us. Get it off your chest?
Speaker 13: Brother.
Speaker 12: Hey, First of all, I just wanted to say good morning the main and just hilarious.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 12: Man. Look now I'm listening to y'all every day. I love all y'all. Man, But Charlotte mae, man, you got to stop getting just about smoking weed in the morning.
Speaker 2: Why don't weed in the morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody know you're drug conversation in the morning. They think you are.
Speaker 14: See even if you take the edible or whoever you feel me, see what I'm saying, that's what.
Speaker 15: Sometimes people need that like they need their coffee.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But you do that, but that's when you had a conversation that happened.
Speaker 6: When you jump in and you make it seem like I'm a junkie.
Speaker 4: Because every morning, telling you that you need drugs and I got drunk.
Speaker 2: You got to pack up for you. That got you.
Speaker 12: You drink coffee every morning.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't drink I don't drink coffee at all.
Speaker 14: No, all right, man, you act like you're so perfect.
Speaker 8: Man, man you did don't you come here vitamins bull digs every morning?
Speaker 16: I said you.
Speaker 2: I just brought it today. Hello, who's this a good morning?
Speaker 15: This is Stacey.
Speaker 4: You're another one peddling cupcakes every goddamn morning.
Speaker 15: It ain't even about cupcakes. But wait a minute, when are we mad about a black man doing successful in the business without telling drugs?
Speaker 17: We technically I am telling.
Speaker 13: Yo what I'm telling.
Speaker 15: Him to talk about. You know what charlamade? You get me every time? Just hilarious. We didn't talk about your comedy show in Brooklyn busy with the DJ Henvy something, Yo, Just hilarious. I have seen you so many times and I never asked for anything free. I am a believer of supporting black people or whatever like that. Just hilarious. You are hilarious. Remember I knew nothing about you.
Speaker 17: My sister she loves you like she loves you.
Speaker 15: But no, just hilarious. Let's talk about the boys at this thing. Let's talk about the men at the thing.
Speaker 6: Talk about the Brooklynn impriv yes, honey, yes.
Speaker 15: Wait, don't call me honey, I get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not already okay, okay, but yeah, like what no.
Speaker 17: A few of them, God damn.
Speaker 2: How many you bags, Stacy? How many bags? Can't because none I'm shot.
Speaker 12: I'm shot of.
Speaker 2: Them are in a relationship.
Speaker 15: I was like an hour and a half late when I got there.
Speaker 17: Desi with his fawn ass. Oh sorry, he was justing off the stage, yo, Jessie was jumping off the stage. Yo.
Speaker 15: He actually remembered me.
Speaker 14: So that what's up?
Speaker 2: Okay, I got you.
Speaker 4: I came to see us in Atlanta to stay. I don't know if you know, but this is a Samonela breaking booty. Okay, I don't know if you know.
Speaker 15: They has nothing to do with the booty. So the booty is protected.
Speaker 17: Okay here yeah, but no, no, y'all so much know. I watch y'all on Netflix every morning when I'm with Keeping Light.
Speaker 5: But no, I love y'all, like y'all goodbye, you ain't.
Speaker 4: We gotta go we my stage because n start getting bricks up and you know, comfortable like.
Speaker 6: Other people like you talking about other guys.
Speaker 15: If he puts a lot of money in these.
Speaker 5: Pockets like that, oh my god, you know what we have stop playing.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 4: That's what the one that you used to say about did Did you put a lot of money in these pockets?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 15: D j MV is a real one, for real dj mb I love you for real?
Speaker 4: You are I love you back like seriously, they got it by.
Speaker 8: Crazy has been to at least four comedy shows of mine like he will travel with me?
Speaker 6: He never asked, and you get any always buy tickets.
Speaker 2: Did you bring copikes?
Speaker 6: He brings me edibles every time.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, see he did that to yourself. You know what I'm saying. Get it on eight.
Speaker 5: Hundred five one. If you need to vent hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Good morning, Ray right Ray yo, Charlamagne, Yams, what up are we lost?
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest. I got an indoor pool pool. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Get on the phone right now.
Speaker 17: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: We lie Hell, who is hey?
Speaker 14: My name is Jill from them calling from Georgia. How you guys doing this morning?
Speaker 2: Come morning?
Speaker 14: All right? What I want to get off my check? I want to shout out to New York make a box.
Speaker 2: For winning a championship. There.
Speaker 14: I think the last time I saw them win a championship was nineteen, I don't know, early sixty.
Speaker 4: Years ago, sir. Everybody everybody saw the same thing you saw.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, you're a little late to congratulate the rap at you three years ago.
Speaker 12: No, No, I'm talking about this year.
Speaker 2: Man, My goodness, fifty three years ago.
Speaker 4: The last time I think I saw him when it was this? Last time we all saw him winning Chip.
Speaker 2: Level you saw him win was.
Speaker 14: This year, dummy? Come on, yeah, tricky, big part of neck.
Speaker 12: Jasey, Cassie Russell and Big Willis reed.
Speaker 2: In the middle man. Yeah, how old are you Joseph?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm seventy one.
Speaker 2: He really saw he really saw you? Really seventy one, Joseph?
Speaker 14: Dang, Yeah, I was born in nineteen fifty four.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but yeah, Hey, how come you guys don't play no old school funk fans man? You know that's where all your rap comes from.
Speaker 2: Like, what do you think? What do you think? We should play it hit.
Speaker 14: Like meo so fat back Marc. We play cat fans.
Speaker 2: We do not play can No, Yes, we do.
Speaker 4: We play Cameo.
Speaker 2: Sometime we play candy. Really the last time we played Cameo it had to be here. You play can you need a throw Back? I played in the mix, but we didn't play the yeah fan. Probably when Charlie Wilson was here.
Speaker 4: We definitely played somebody Outstanding when said Charlie Wilson was here, Yeah.
Speaker 14: What about my what about my all time favorite fans? Slaves, slave, just a touch of love.
Speaker 2: Fly, just a touch of love. Who's the name of them?
Speaker 5: I'm not from slave, he said, slave. I'm taking a brand Brittney Spare Then she just slaves.
Speaker 8: Yeah, slave song, But he said a girl seventy somebody the slaves.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not familiar with. Believe it or not.
Speaker 4: We do like songs like outstanding play on the radio more than you would like to believe.
Speaker 6: I would like to hear cameo Candy though, right, you know.
Speaker 2: What candy that summertime right there? Are you from New York and you moved to Georgia.
Speaker 14: Didn't play candy. They played Sparkle.
Speaker 2: Huh, no, we don't really play spark You are you from? Are you from New York, Living Jersey?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 2: Cameo did candy too? Yeah they didn't, Yeah they did.
Speaker 12: You're right, you're right talking about hell, sir?
Speaker 14: Yeah, sir.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have a great morning.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 14: Hey, one more thing, one more thing, all right, Yes, sir, I got a topic for you. A man and a woman want to have a baby. Okay to a month into the pregnancy. The woman says she doesn't want to have the baby, but the man still wants the baby. The woman says, it's my body. I'm getting a borsch. What should they do?
Speaker 4: You tell us what you did in seventy six, young lady, What did y'all? What did y'all do in seventy six when you was faced with that situation?
Speaker 9: Sir?
Speaker 14: That wasn't a mean man. But you know, I'm just throwing the topic out there for y'all to have its you want too.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, thank you? So Hey, pull up, cameo candy Man.
Speaker 4: That's a good summertime regular while we still got some summer left.
Speaker 2: Pull up, cameo candy Man. Eight hundred five eight five five one. There you go with them. Goddamn shoulder pass like you want to check in, coach.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Who are you tackling this morning?
Speaker 2: What stories are you tackling in the latest this morning? Lord, Hey, good morning, y'all. The latest coming up?
Speaker 6: We do have the latest coming up. We do have the latest coming.
Speaker 2: Up, y'all.
Speaker 6: Remember we talked about the interview that Clorisu's shills did when she was asked about pet poos. Yes with the Short Streets Morning to take over. Yet, well, Clarissa is responding to another interview that was done following that and just talking about the question that was asked to her. So we're gonna get into that this morning.
Speaker 2: In a while. Yesterday, we'll get into that next. Don't go anywhere. It's the breakfast club. Good morning, late Laura row.
Speaker 4: You particularly of bringing the energy to mainstream radio with black radio sources.
Speaker 6: Trust I'm the homegrown that knows a little bit about everything in ry.
Speaker 2: She'd be having the latest com thing.
Speaker 19: You asked the question the need to be answered on the breakfast clubs.
Speaker 16: Little brown girls look at you and I want to be like you.
Speaker 6: Dog Low Okay, so real quick, we're going to get into Clarissa responding to Miss Shonika doing interviews following that question. But I want to congratulate miss Felicia. I haven't seen this picked up a lot of places, and I think it should have been. Last week she received the twenty twenty six Sydney Poitier Lifetime Achievement Award down Inier, down in North Carolina at the Black Repertory Company. So it was during an international Black Theater festival, and this award recognizes arts visionaries who transformed culture and shaped the landscape of black theater. She also did a performance while she was there. She performed the sold out one night only role and went in Marsalis's Fiddler's Tale. So congratulation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's royalty, right, sounds like.
Speaker 6: But okay, we're gonna keep it in this South. So you guys remember last week or was that earlier this week? Recently we talked about Clarissa Shields. She was, Yeah, she was on the streets in Morning nine for five with Young Jack and Mishinka Streets Warning to take Over, and they asked her a question about her and Papus's relationship. Let's take a listen to the question that was asked by Miss Shanika.
Speaker 2: How much longer.
Speaker 6: Are you really to be in a relationship with somebody's.
Speaker 16: Husbands, because at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: That's what people are looking at.
Speaker 20: Well pause, pause, because that's not somebody's husband. Pat Posts filed for divorce. Y'all hate to say that word, but it's the word that's out there. He filed for divorce because he's serious about me.
Speaker 6: So I'm not with somebody's husband.
Speaker 20: And if you're gonna call him her husband, make sure you call her his wife. And also her hold her accountables for what she's doing in her line because she having who she's big about. So don't make it seem like it's just one sided. I'm not with somebody's husband. I'm with the man who filed for divorce, who serious about me, who has done things for me that I've done for him. So that's not what it is. They say that because they want that to be the narrative, but that's not it. People go through divorces and break ups more than anything in the world. That's why it's such a big talk.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So after that question, you know, was an accent post of course here with viral Now, Miss Shannika did a interview with Dennis Bybron The hip hop Inquirer is his outlet in his Miss Nila says where she talked about the moment. Let's take a listen to Miss Shaanika talking about that question.
Speaker 21: But yeah, I wasn't trying to go back and forth with somebody that she's sleeping with. And honestly, girl to girl, how.
Speaker 6: Long you go still be with that man?
Speaker 21: That man needs to hurry up, finish up his business whatever if you mean so much, you know he's standing on the stage with you, he's managing you. He's getting a piece of your money. You mean a lot to his pockets and his life and his survival right now. So he needs to go ahead and finish that. You looking like planing b and you're an a class fighter. Also, let me before I go, I want to say that I feel like it's fair for me to say what I said to her because she just was with Krashan Rock and told Krishan.
Speaker 6: That she needed to stay away from mouface. Yeah, so Clarissa did not like the fact that Miss Shanika was doing because she also did a Fox five and I don't know if that's something that she normally does because I know they have anchors on there all the time doing entertainment trending topics. But I saw her post yesterday. She did Fox five Atlanta as well too, But this interview Clif didn't like. And she was in a gym. Do you know she's training for her fight August fifteenth down in Atlanta. And here's what Clarissa had to say about Sika's interviews.
Speaker 22: Your big fat ass sat up there and talk that show me and then when I checked you, you show all that dispect.
Speaker 9: Now you got all this lip but.
Speaker 23: The fact that you asked a question in such a distasteful way and I answered you like the professional that I am. Now you want to go on these rents and talking about something packed with me for this reason, packed with me for that reason.
Speaker 22: You didn't say none of that stuff when you were sitting there in my presence.
Speaker 6: So now you got all this say the.
Speaker 22: Bitch you sit here and cheating on with your husband with a barber, and you want to throw a whole divorce me and you not saying I want to tell you the real.
Speaker 2: Reason why Pap is with me.
Speaker 22: My ass is real, my body's real, I look good at I'm successful, I'm young and the things that my little Coonama can do is amazing. Hopefully next time when you see me face to face, know that I can say the same.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying right now, Unlike.
Speaker 2: You, I'll say this.
Speaker 4: I thoroughly enjoyed that whole conversation. To me, that was good radio. Miss Schonika asked a question in the way that a lot of people think about that situation, and Clarissa gave a great answer that allowed her, at least to me, to clear it up.
Speaker 2: But I do agree with Clarissa.
Speaker 4: If you know that was Miss Schonika's opinion, the things that she said afterwards to that other interviewer, she should have said that.
Speaker 5: Claris Absolutely she should have said that to Clariss's face. And I'm sure Clarissa feels the same way like we did an interview. I'm sure after they took pictures we left, if you felt that way could have.
Speaker 2: Been a back and forth conversation, that could have been a conversation.
Speaker 6: Especially off air, because thats how you had it.
Speaker 5: But if you say it on there, you should be able to have the conversation I understand.
Speaker 6: I think my point is because even in the second interview with Shaanika did, She's like, like, you know, woman, a woman, girl, the girl right, and if you're a person who you've been through the divorce which they talked about, they all have been through divorces. I think there was a lot of opportunity to have a conversation of like, we're not trying to play you, I just want to let you know how I see you and how I don't know if you see it yourself as well too.
Speaker 4: After Clarissa made her statement on the Screech Morning to take over what miss Sanika said in that interview that you just played.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she should have said to Cloris absolutely.
Speaker 5: And I'm mad that everybody's talking about everything around Clarissa except for the fight. Everything that I've seen in the headlines and the trend that have all business back and forth and her responding August.
Speaker 2: Bringing her.
Speaker 5: Is bringing around you. Still that that felt like that was behind all this other bs.
Speaker 2: I don't mean I feel like it helped.
Speaker 6: I saw the well, I saw the lot of stuff because I followed Clarissa, But I don't feel like people talked about it like it's lit Like Loto has mentioned her in a song like you know now are like we know about her, although this this I'm between her and Pat. I'm not between her and Pat with the whole PEP situation has been like overpowering a lot of things for like the last two years. But like we do, hear more about her other fights than this one. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's not like a lot of I don't know she worked because she was in a gym when she posted this video. She is right about though, Krashwan do need to stay away from blue Face. So yeah, I mean I do agree with that, and I'm glad that Clarissa Shields is actually with Krashan to like a professional is teaching her to a box and fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well that was the latest for the hour. And in the next hour, I have some information on what was down with that fight with Diddy behind bars. We know what happened, I think, So we're gonna talk about it all.
Speaker 2: Right when we come back.
Speaker 5: We got front page news, and then James Talarrica.
Speaker 2: Will be joining us.
Speaker 5: He's running for US, said in Texas, So don't go anywhere, James.
Speaker 2: Come on out, James, guys, it's the Breakfast Local Board.
Speaker 5: Good morning, everybody, It's t J. A. V Jesse, Larry Charlamage. The guy we at the breakfast club that was Chris Brown. I'm gonna go see him this weekend period. I know you how'd you like the show when you went.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's set up like two night clubs honestly, like you know, you got Raymonds and then you got Browns, and like this, Chris.
Speaker 2: Brown is on his grown man is you know, he's been.
Speaker 8: Grown but like it ain't really pop battles, you know, MB's or whatever whatever.
Speaker 2: Is He literally on some.
Speaker 8: Grown man Like this is a whole date night situation that you can take your wife to you I know, you tak you can still enjoy it outside of being on the date. But this is a grown and sexy to a man.
Speaker 4: Okay, fill age appropriate too, Like you know, both generations can go. That is different generators.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 5: I'm excited to go. All right, Well, let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: Good morning, made.
Speaker 9: Me, Good morning, m VA Jess Charlamagne, how y'all doing this hour?
Speaker 16: Good morning?
Speaker 7: So we start this hour with results from several key Democratic Party races that are shaping the future of the party. So in Missouri, Congressman Wesley Bell, he defeated progressive former Congresswoman Corey Bush in a closely watched rematch, so the race became one of the most expensive House primaries in the country. Outside group spent millions backing Bell, including a pro Israel group APAX, their super Pac all together Bell and his allies. They spent roughly twenty one to twenty seven to one, outspending Corey Bush in that race and in Michigan, where Abdul lssaid he has won the Democratic nomination for US Senate, defeating Congresswoman Hailey Stevens now l sayid he was backed by Bernie Sanders, AOC, and he built his campaign around lowering the costs for working families, reducing the influence of big money in politics, and supporters say that message is why they voted for him.
Speaker 24: Let's listen, Abdul, because he doesn't take money from me. We've got to start taking care of home and instead of the same old status quo, Democrats Republicans all seen the same agenda for another country. You have to take care of the people here and that's my race.
Speaker 25: The main issue was is one just overall change, and people who had an independent view and thought process of what's right for the voters, not what's right for corporate packs or what's right for any affiliations that support them.
Speaker 7: Yes, so I'm about.
Speaker 4: To say something the tailor two races, right, Like, these races don't always boil down the money because they outspent Abdul and lost without outspent Corey Bush and one. So if you ask me, you know, issues resonate differently in different places.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they spent like, what sixty seventy million against him and he's still won.
Speaker 2: So the way you're talking about these numbers is like these numbers mean nothing, Right, they spent.
Speaker 5: One hundred It just seems like they're just spending a lot of money and people are still Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well he now advances to faced Republican Mike Rogers in November, and we'll be watching this race is one of the nation's most competitive Senate races happening there in Michigan. And we have a new food borne illness outbreak to tell you about. So, federal health officials are investigating a salmonella outbreak that could involve more than two hundred people, but the source has.
Speaker 9: Not yet been confirmed.
Speaker 7: But one of the biggest clusters is happening in Minnesota, where health officials say at least one hundred and ten people have gotten sick, and many of those people reported eating at Chipotle before becoming ill, prompting the restaurant chain to pull certain jlapenos from affected locations and replace them with peppers from a different grower.
Speaker 9: Health officials say the.
Speaker 7: Contaminated ingredient may have been served at other Mexican style restaurants as well, but the FDA has not yet issued a recall and the investigation is ongoing.
Speaker 2: So why does I hate that?
Speaker 4: Samonilla? Sounds so tasty? Right with some brown rice and a green vegetable, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I mean, extra cilantro.
Speaker 4: It's some type of salmon dishes, you know what I mean when they add a little something to it, salm, and we get some of that.
Speaker 2: And I don't hear it like you guys have always heard.
Speaker 13: I don't.
Speaker 8: Just take away that salmonella actually sounds like a dish, like a real nice how.
Speaker 2: To wash your ass to? So why we listening to I cannot just learn how to watch?
Speaker 9: Let's move on.
Speaker 7: We're gonna talk about something that is gaining more and more momentum. So it's the rise of the stay at home boyfriend. So it may sound like a social media trend, but economists say it's becoming a real economic trend. So new numbers show women hold more jobs than men, and economists say that's changing who brings home to paycheck. Experts say part of the reason is that many of the fastest growing fields, they are dominated by women. And at the same time, industries that employ more men they have slowed and cut job So translation, women are becoming the breadwinners. So the conversation that everyone is having is if he's cooking, cleaning and holding down the home, does he still have to bring in the paycheck? What do you guys think?
Speaker 4: Well, data shows that a lot of these women are pleasantly plump. So dropping the bombs, dropping on the clothes bombs for all the pleasantly bumper a saucer, all the large women who can afford to have a stay at homeboy McDonald's is not a that's what is. We just was having this conversation about what's considered homeless nowday because I was listening to you know, Wes Bellamy on the Native Lamp podcast with Angel Ryan, and he was discussing how a lot of people are considered homeless, especially men, because they go from house to house, right, they be CouchSurfing, they be dealing with all of these different chicks because they don't really have a place to stay exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's what's happening in this situation. I bet you.
Speaker 5: I think that's the situation that memis talking about. I think she's just saying that women are making more than men and men just can't find jobs and they're basically being at home.
Speaker 2: Boyfriends, husband, your boyfriend. You don't know the size of these women, me, I bet you. I bet you can't do the data for.
Speaker 8: Really like oh this, Yeah, I didn't had some couch potato boyfriends, honestly, seriously, and it's it's not cool. I mean, if you're going to be home, you might as well cook, clean and do all of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like, still that's still I find it. That's still not you was dumb, young man.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: But still, but a man and a woman could be a couch potato and she does everything.
Speaker 2: That's fine, But I don't.
Speaker 8: Even like that. That's not even like how I would live my life.
Speaker 6: I gotta work. I can't just be home.
Speaker 5: You know, like you know, but if a guy's working for work, if he's looking for work and his girl is working and she has a great job, and.
Speaker 2: How long you gotta be looking? How long you're going to be looking?
Speaker 6: That's always what they say, I'm looking, you know.
Speaker 4: GI up on what y'all having two different conversations When you're talking about couch potatoes, but then you're talking about stay at home boyfriend. Some people that stay at home don't mean their couch potatoes. They're the CEOs of the house, like they take care of the household. Yeah, that's what me. That's what you're asking me. If the guy is doing that while the woman, should.
Speaker 9: He still have to bring home a paycheck? Or is it okay reverse those gender roles.
Speaker 8: I think that I just clean in my past or whatever job.
Speaker 4: If the man is at home and he's doing the cooking and he's doing the cleaning and he's holding the kids down, he.
Speaker 6: Show okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Help big mom out.
Speaker 5: Okay, what's his name, jess, big mom just kidd just get yeah because it's it's.
Speaker 2: Three of them.
Speaker 8: So yeah, no, not Rome, everybody like never live with me never?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you sorry over all.
Speaker 7: Right, yes, I will look into the pleasantly plump situation too, although that was not part of the data.
Speaker 2: You better not put that in your chat GPT. You better not of these women that plus us.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, y'all will matter from all right now when we come back. He's running US Senate in Texas. Look to everybody out in Texas that listens. His name is James tallerco and we're gonna talk.
Speaker 2: To him like vote, yeah, get out, damn vote.
Speaker 14: Girl.
Speaker 2: You don't know what you're talking about. Nothing, no clue, no clue. Ah man, that's the breakfast cloab in the morning.
Speaker 17: Morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody is dj Envyes Hilaris Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the breakfast club. Our sist Angela Rye is here with us this morning. Angela who I said, Angela Rye Isla?
Speaker 6: Hi wow?
Speaker 5: How sis Angela Rai is with us this morning. And we got a special guest in the building. We have James Tallerrico. Welcome, thanks for having me. How you're feeling this morning?
Speaker 2: Doing good? Thanks Golf Burden for the imitation.
Speaker 4: James is the Democratic nominee in the twenty twenty six US Senate election in Texas. Now, I told somebody you was coming up here, and they said, oh, his internals must show he's down.
Speaker 2: Bad with black people.
Speaker 26: Actually shows the opposite. You know, the polling that we've seen, both private and public, shows us out performing recent Democratic nominees in Texas with black voters.
Speaker 2: But we have a lot more work to do, and.
Speaker 26: We had to keep our foot on the gas because it's going to take.
Speaker 2: All of us to win this race.
Speaker 26: I haven't pulled Congressman Crockett, but you know, she has been out there campaigning for down ballot candidates all over the state of Texas, kind of shining a spotlight on candidates who don't get to come on the breakfast club but are still running really important races all over the state. And so this is very much a team effort to make this happen, and it really feels like this is probably the best shot we've had in thirty years.
Speaker 2: Now, Like to what got you into politics? Why are you here? What makes you say? This is what I want to do, this is why I want to help people.
Speaker 26: Well, before I was a politician, I was a public school teacher. I taught sixth grade language arts at Rhodes Middle School on the west side of San Antonio. I always say that teaching middle school is the best preparation for politics. If you can handle the drama a middle school classroom, you can handle the drama of the Texas House or the US Senate. And the west side of San Antonio is one of the poor zip codes in the state of Texas. I entered the classroom in the fall of twenty eleven, right after the state legislature in Texas cut five billion dollars from public schools. So as a brand new teacher, I saw the impact of those cuts firsthand. At one point, I had forty five students in one classroom.
Speaker 2: There weren't enough.
Speaker 26: Desks for all those kids, and so I had students sitting on the air conditioning unit.
Speaker 2: And that got me mad. I mean, this is the wealthiest country.
Speaker 26: In human history, this is the twenty first century, and you've got kids sitting on the air conditioning unit.
Speaker 2: So when I left the.
Speaker 26: Classroom, I led an education nonprofit that was helping schools like mine in central Texas. And then when a seat in that same legislature opened up in my hometown around Rock, Texas, I had, through my hat in the ring. I was twenty eight years old. I had never run for office before. I was a Democrat running in a Trump district in a county that was so read it hadn't voted for a Democrat for president since Jimmy Carter. And so I was told by all the powers that be in the Democratic Party that the race was lost cause that I shouldn't spend any time or effer on this project. But my neighbors and I in Williamson County, like we believed it was possible. We ran an aggressive campaign, an authentic campaign, and an unorthodox campaign at times, and on election night we flipped that district with fifty one percent of the vote. And now I'm in my fourth term in the Texas House. I've gotten to pass major policies through the legislature. It's not an easy place to work as a Democrat, as you can imagine, like we're we don't have either chamber, we don't the governor's mansion, we don't have any agency. But I've been able to pass sixty bipartisan bills, many of them around education, helping schools like the one I taught in, helping students like mine all over the state. And now so many of these fights that I've been leading at the state House, for education, for voting rights, for healthcare access, all those are those fights are now more urgent than ever. At the federal level, we've seen a full frontal assault on public education in DC two. So that's what motivated me to step up and throw my hat in the ring again for this US Senate seat.
Speaker 16: You all, you talked about voting rights.
Speaker 19: You rose to some prominence nationally with the voting rights issues taking place in Tech is really where I believe conservatives tested out the ability to start to take away seats mid decade. Redistrict answer, can you talk a little bit about how you would continue in this fight as a senator? Of course, all of the Voting Rights Act sections that have given us black folks protection are guted, So what would you do to ensure that we regain some of our voting rights?
Speaker 26: Yeah, I mean, this is the most aggressive attack on black political power since Jim Crow. And I know it sounds like a big statement to make, but I mean, you look at the last twelve months, you look at these Supreme Court cases, you look at this racist redistricting map in Texas, and I say, racist because it is systematically diluting the voting power of black and brown Texans. And when you look at now how the districts are drawn, a white Texan has a lot more political power. Their vote matters more than the vote of our black and brown neighbors. And it's why last year, a year ago, yesterday, my colleagues and I in the Texas House took the extraordinary step of breaking quorum. And what that for those that don't follow legislative prop politics. In order to conduct business on the floor of the House, you have to have something called a quorum, which is a certain number of members present in order to start the day. And what we did is my colleagues and I we left the state of Texas. We went up to Illinois in order to prevent them from getting quorum, so they couldn't they couldn't take up these new maps because we were gone. And they actually they they they called the Texas Rangers on us to find us and arrest us and bring us back to the capital. We got bomb threats and death threats when we were up in Chicago, but we did it not because it's necessarily a sustainable legislative tactic like we're a part time legislature in Texas. Our members have families and kids and aging parents that they've got to get back to. We have jobs that we got to get back to. But the goal strategically was to shine a national spotlight on those maps, because when they first kind of got introduced last summer, no one was talking about it. And by breaking quorum, suddenly the whole national media is talking about this redistricting power graph. And then you saw California and Virginia and other states get in the fight to try to try to level the playing field and cancel out the stolen seats in Texas. And so I'm really proud of what we did. But to answer your question, the first thing that we have to do when we win this seat, when we have a government that actually serves people, we have to pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Act. We have to restore federal voting rights protections. Because I my faith is very important to me, and I believe that these rights are God given. I don't think these rights come from politicians, because if they come from politicians, it means politicians can take them away. I think they are inherent to each person, to each citizen. That's what I'm saying, Like, what they are doing is robbing people of rights that are inherent to them as human beings. That the ability to shape your own destiny, the ability for all of us to shape our own destiny. That comes from something a lot bigger than any elected official or any political party. And it's why it's a red line. We can disagree on budget policy, we can disagree on education policy, but if you rob people of their voting rights, that means we don't have a shot in the next election to make our case and change the power structure. And so you're essentially you mentioned mid decade. And this is also confusing for folks who don't obsess about politics, But you're supposed to to adjust district boundaries at the beginning of every decade after we get a census because population changes, and you want to adjust the districts. Right, if you've got a place that's growing rapidly or a place that's declining, you got to adjust serbody as one vote, one person, one vote. But what they're doing in Texas is they are redrawing the lines in the middle of the decade, which is unprecedented. I mean, it's like changing the rules after halftime because you're worried the other team's going to win the game.
Speaker 27: I mean, it's cheating, Like that's.
Speaker 26: The real word for it, is they are cheap. They're trying to steal an election, and more politicians to say that.
Speaker 2: Just like that.
Speaker 19: I think some of the issues around the mid deca districting is what kind of created the fever pitch around your primary. When I think about a quorum breaker, I also think about Jasmine Crockett, who did that in the state House. And so I'm curious when she was in the state House where you all friends, did you all ally around some pieces of policy, some legislation?
Speaker 26: We were, you know, partly because like we were some of the only young people in the state House, like everybody else is like my grandparents' age. And so she and I bonded immediately because we were younger. I think we were also we tended to be the troublemakers in the house. And and and from the moment she walked onto the floor, actually before she walked on the floor, because I'd followed her campaign.
Speaker 2: Like I saw what a star she was.
Speaker 27: You can just tell she still is.
Speaker 2: She still is.
Speaker 26: And it was so apparent from those those you know, that first campaign and her first time in the Texas House, and so, yeah, we were friends. And then she got elected to Congress and then the Senate primary, and it was I think even more painful, at least for me, because of that friendship. Primaries always suck because they're kind of in the coalition, in the family and and and they can they can be really painful because there's not a ton of policy differences, right, so it's more like how are you going to campaign? And and and those tactical questions and then personalities, and it just gets really really ugly, especially now with social media. But I'm I'm still a huge fan.
Speaker 16: And so to that point. Two weeks ago, you were at a town hall.
Speaker 19: I know Keith Edwards came up, Rogue DNC came up, folks who were adamant about attacking Jasmine online, and you said that you wanted them to keep Jasmine's name out of their mouths.
Speaker 16: The primary is over. Do you wish you would have said that sooner?
Speaker 26: The first day that the congressman got in the race, I put out a video on social media, sent it to our fifty thousand volunteers, Send it to our entire campaign staff, every person who worked for the campaign, and you go back and watch it. It was in December, and I said that Congressman Crockett is my friend, she is a leader, and she deserves our utmost respect. And then I kept repeating it throughout the campaign because I kept seeing this vitriol on social media, and obviously I can't police every single comment section, but I can show leadership, and you know, I look back and it's possible I could have showed more leadership, because again, this is so much bigger than me. It's so much bigger than Congressman Crockett.
Speaker 2: I mean, we have to win this race.
Speaker 26: People are dying in our state because of policies that have been passed by the extremists in Texas, and so this is a lot bigger than any of us. And people online, especially people who don't live in Texas, who are just like pushing their own agenda or trying to make some kind of political point at our expense, I'm like, we don't have time for that. We have to win to help our people in Texas. And so whatever agenda you have, whatever clicks or likes you're trying to get on social media take that elsewhere because we have work to do in Texas.
Speaker 4: But it does help you campaign, right Like, like I want you to really answer this question. If you saw these codd I guess racial dog whistles that will undermining Dad in the Crockett it doesn't really behoove you to step out there and be like, hey, don't do that, because you still want.
Speaker 26: To win, right well, So I would disagree because attacks on the congresswoman I think make it harder for us to win this general election because the whole coalition has to be together. Like in Texas, there's no way for any one of our communities to win this election alone. And so we need Black Texans to win this race. And then if you know, when we win this race in November, I'll represent the most African Americans of any senator in the country. And so all these attacks have I think hurt our camp pain. They have heard our coalition, They've hurt our chances of winning in November. I still think we're gonna win, but this has made it harder, I.
Speaker 4: Would say, But that was one of the racial dogs, was that they said that she wasn't electable, like you could win stay wide, but she couldn't yep.
Speaker 26: And I got asked about this on the view on national television and they asked me point blank, like, do you think Congressman Crockett is elected by I said absolutely, And I said, you know, if she wins this primary, like, I'm gonna be behind her one thousand percent. What's our relationship now, you obviously the primary was was difficult. We've exchanged some messages. I was blown away by the fact that the morning after the primary, I mean like early the next morning, Congressman Crockett was out there with a statement endorsing me in the entire ticket. Like, if I'm being very honest, I don't know if I if I could have done that the morning after, right, I would probably have to take up a day before I was ready to to come out real and do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's hard because you said, you know, it's all about winning this of course.
Speaker 26: But I mean, but we're all still human, right, Like you can know the work is important and it can still hurt you personally.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean when I said, you know, when you see her being attacked, yeah, it does help.
Speaker 2: Your campaign when that happens. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 26: I just I really think that anyone who is sowing division within our coalition is is hurting my chances, hurting all of our chances to win.
Speaker 2: But I mean, she she she put all of that.
Speaker 26: Behind the the work, and she came out that morning and endorsed the entire ticket, endorsed me. And then now she's been campaigning all over the state for these down ballot candidates and still in the fight.
Speaker 2: Like she once.
Speaker 26: She has a job, right, she's a sitting congresswoman. She could also just like you know, take a breather and take a beat and walk away for a little bit. Don't think any of us would blame her for doing that. But she's out there hitting the trail.
Speaker 2: What's important that people are not talking about that's important to you important?
Speaker 27: No, no, no, I'm I'm for legalizing talking about about Texas officially, And.
Speaker 26: I don't think people, I don't think people are aware that this is really happening. It just I mean the law just went into effect, but THC products are virtually banned in the state of Texas. I mean, now it's a felony to have delta A. I mean even d uys. I mean, you have to have a you have to have three duys to get a felony, and now just having delta eight can get you that felony. So I mean like it's it's it's insane. And and I mentioned corruption. This is because of corruption. Think about what industries are most worried about THHC products being readily available big, big beer, big tobacco, right, and so they were the ones pushing this THHC band because it hurts their bottom line, right. And and a lot of research shows that THHC cannabis, uh, these products are safer and less addictive than than beer or tobacco. And and so to me, this is a prime example of what corruption looks like when you've got big industries buying politicians and pushing bills that harm people but benefit them financially. And I think a lot of Texans, a lot of young Texans, a lot of our veterans, they use THHC products for PTSD.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a bible to burn.
Speaker 26: I mean, I mean, I mean bush Well, I mean they they legalized hemp in Texas. I think it was six years ago, and this is now a booming industry in our state. I mean, these are local small businesses. This bill this ban is a gift to the drug cartels because Texans are going to keep smoking weed, They're going to keep eating edibles. They're not going to stop because some politicians told them to. But now instead of supporting a local small business, they're going to go get it on the black market.
Speaker 2: They don't know what they're getting with smoke and what's in it, and.
Speaker 26: Right right, I mean, it's it's It just drives me crazy when you have these policies that clearly don't serve people, actively hurt people. I mean, things are so hard right now, Like Texans can't afford the basics. They can't get ahead no matter how hard they work or how much they save, and you're going to ban a product that gives them a little bit of peace, Like it just it just drives me crazy. We should be trying to make people's lives easier, not making their lives harder.
Speaker 19: Any candidate on a national stage is being forced to contend with the genocide in Gaza. And I think what is remarkable is in most cases, including an interviews you've done, the statement is made. Israel has a right to defend itself. As a senator, you will have to vote on whether or not Israel should receive military aid. How would you vote on whether or not the country gives Israel military aid?
Speaker 26: Yeah, I would not vote to send weapons to the net Yahu government.
Speaker 16: But what about military aid like a bit more broader, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 26: All of that needs to be conditioned on ending the death and the destruction in Gaza and the West Bank. I've been very outspoken on this issue from the beginning of the campaign.
Speaker 16: But you're specific to say death and destruction not genocide. Why is that?
Speaker 26: Well, you know, I know that the legal term genocide is being litigated in the International Criminal Court, and certainly there's evidence to bring those charges, and and I think the United States should abide by whatever ruling is the court comes to. But I think as a US senator, my job would be to take action. Right, My job would not be to litigate what terms are used. My job would be to stop what's happening. And that's why I've said I would use every bit of our nation's diplomatic and financial leverage to protect the lives of Palestinians. And my north star on this on this issue is always protecting innocent life. Obviously, what happened on October seventh was horrific, and I grieve for the lost Israeli lives, and I grieve for the lost Palestinian lives. I when I first got in the race, I was asked about this the first week of the campaign, and I quoted a theologian who said, I screamed at God for the starving children until I realized the starving children was God screaming at me. And God is screaming at all of us in Gaza and in the West Bank. And we have to we have to heed those christ and it demands action. And so I've I've gotten some heat for saying that I would I would stop those weapons sales and condition that military aid.
Speaker 2: But I think we all have to meet this this moral moment.
Speaker 26: And our country is complicit and what's happening and and and I know, at least I for one, can't stand by and do nothing while it's happening.
Speaker 2: Why the so harp of some elected efficials to criticize meaning, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 26: I mean, I have no problem criticizing any leader, certainly any foreign leader.
Speaker 4: And I don't you know, I think sometimes when people think they're criticizing BB that's the indictment of all of Israel or.
Speaker 26: All of our Jewish neighbors right here in this country. And I've you know, I've I've stood by the Jewish community in my state, in my community in Central Texas, every time they've faced anti Semitism, just like I've stood by our Muslim neighbors when they're facing Islamophobia. I can be for America, of course, oh absolutely, But I mean, let's back to the issue of corruption. Let's be honest. I do think the influence of a pack in our elections has a chilling effect, and people don't feel like they can speak their minds because their worried a pack is going to drop, you know, hundreds of millions of dollars in their race, usually not even talking about the issue of Israel or issues that Jewish American space. These are usually completely separate issues that they're campaigning on. So I do think the reason I keep going back to money in politics and corruption is I do think it's the rot at the core of our broken system. And until you fix that system, like the Vice President is proposing, until you get the big money out of our politics, until you ban corporate packs and super packs, we're not going to be able to one have elected officials who can speak their mind Two, we're not going to be able to make progress on all those issues that we care about, whether they're here or abroad. So I think every I always think you just follow the money, and everything comes back to the influence of these giant packs on our political process, same as true of AI. I mean, there are a lot of candidates around the country who are being very careful about what they say on AI because they're worried these giant AI companies are going to drop one hundreds of million millions of dollars against them. So we have to have a democratic, small d democratic system where where candidates can say with they think and then be judged on that. But right now it's it's basically these giant packs where there's a pack, whether it's open AI that are that are creating a chilling effect and then people you know, can't speak their minds.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 26: Capital the Democratic Party would be the party I belong to. But democracy is beyond any political party, and middle school is the best preparations for politics.
Speaker 2: Charlemagne kept Charlote is a good student and I'm not giving up on it. He's got potential question.
Speaker 5: No, I know you said, question of Texas. We see what Melo Anthony, and you said it was a tragedy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did you mean by that?
Speaker 26: Well, I've done a lot of work in the state House on justice reform, and right now we've got a system that doesn't serve all Americans equally, and and we know that black Texans have been have not gotten the justice they deserve in many cases.
Speaker 2: And you know, I'm not an.
Speaker 26: Expert on this particular case, but I know that there were no black members of the jury, And to me, that's the only evidence you need to really prove that this system is not working for black Texans.
Speaker 5: Did you get backlash for saying, Comella Anthony, verdict was a tragedy at all?
Speaker 26: Yes, I mean, in this day and age, like you're always going to get backlash for whatever. Yeah, And at the end of the day, I have to I have to look myself in the mirror. At the end of the day, I've got to be comfortable with the race that I ran, and I've got to be true to myself and my gut is that Texans are hungry for someone who believes what they believe and is authentic and is grounded and rooted in something deeper than partisanship or politics. And so even if they disagree with me on an issue, I hope they can sense that it is genuine and that I'm here to serve them and I'm going to do that as authentically as I possibly can.
Speaker 2: You have it, ladies and gentlemen. I appreciate you for joining us this morning. Thank you. Any business to do.
Speaker 26: If people want to join us, they can go to our website James Teller dot com sign up to volunteer. We're gonna need door knockers, we're gonna need folks on phone banks. We're gonna be folks sending text messages. Even if you've never volunteered before, we will teach you how to do it. And if you're feeling a little hopeless, if you're doom, scrolling action is the best antidote to that despair. There was an organizer friend who told me, you can't you can't wring your hands when you're rolling up your sleeves.
Speaker 2: So let's all get to work.
Speaker 26: Let's do that work in Texas and across the country, and and and it's an honor to do that.
Speaker 2: Work with everybody. Ask you one question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please, if Jesus came back to day, which political party you'd think would be most uncomfortable.
Speaker 26: I think both political parties would be deeply uncomfortable. I think Jesus is far more radical than any political party. And when I say radical, I don't mean extreme. The word radical comes from the Latin word for root. So Jesus goes to the root of our problems, and he calls us to a deeper love, a deeper justice, a deeper peace. And so I think he would challenge both political parties to keep working toward a a more radical vision for democracy, more rights, more opportunities for more of our neighbors.
Speaker 5: Well, James Talerico, thank you for joining us. Thanks the Breakfast Club, Good morning. All right, Well let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 4: La La Rose particularly bringing an energy to mainstream radio, the black radio sources.
Speaker 6: Trust I'm the homegrownd that knows a little bit about everything in ry to.
Speaker 2: Having the latest. Anything you ask the question they need to be answer. On the Breakfast Club, the.
Speaker 16: Little Brown Girls look at you and go I want to be like you.
Speaker 6: So there are reports right now that Diddy's prison sentence has changed follow the fight that he had that we told you guys about at Fort Dix here in Jersey. So according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons, did He now won't get out until February twenty twenty twenty eight. Now this happened just literally days after his release date had been moved up from February to January. Now, we talked about that fight here that he got into behind bars. Now, I yesterday did some dagging trying to figure out exactly what happened, and I was told that the fight started because there was an inmate that was taunting did He? And I asked, you know, why was the taunting happening? And I was told that normally when someone is about to finish the programs like he's into, like the art debt program, which he will be finishing in August, this happens like there are in May too kind of pick what you just because they know that you're about to be finishing that and your release states are moving up. And he was ignoring and taunting at first, from what I'm told, and then something was said, something disrespectful was said about his family. So then they started shoving each other. And then I was told that they didn't even shove each other or get into it physically, long before the guards came in. Now, I pushed back on that because I was told something completely different from the original source who called me, who even told me that the fight happened. I was told that this has something to do with Diddy allegedly smoking cigarettes in an unauthorized area, and the inmates were upset because they were worried about like searches that would happen if if the guards found out the cigarettes were being smoked in a certain area. But this is what I was told as to why the fight happened.
Speaker 2: So we don't know which one is true, which one is not.
Speaker 6: No, and no one will go on record about anything. So that's all I have right now.
Speaker 2: All the things that taught Diddy about.
Speaker 6: Eventually he said something disrespectful about his family, which is what made did he fight? But it started because you know what.
Speaker 2: The disrespect was.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying all of the things that you could be taught Diddy about, all of the jokes that have been made the past year.
Speaker 2: That's what they did.
Speaker 6: That's why I was like, there got to be something. Notes like I'm poking and asking questions.
Speaker 2: I could have been anything. But you know, it's hard to say, but Diddy got to be smarter.
Speaker 5: Diddy got about a year left, so he got to make sure he gets out right, because that's the most important thing. They can make fun of all his family that he wants, but he wants to get home to his family.
Speaker 2: Yourself. Still, he got kind of a president.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if it, if it sets you back a couple more months, you know what I mean. It's just because they're gonna keep doing it. It was gonna make him stop doing it, drop his pants and say, listen, we can get the party started right now.
Speaker 2: Never girls, Oh my god, we've been waiting on make some of that hooch in the top, you know, how to mix the rock homemade.
Speaker 6: Inside.
Speaker 2: He should be doing was getting out.
Speaker 4: He should be I'm trying to tell you, he should be making the jail a happy place for everybody.
Speaker 8: Man, let's crazy by hisself. He should be making the jail should have been and he should have went in there acting like the joker. That's what he shouldn't do. Well, that's what he should have did.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but he just need to get through that program. So just just stay focused. Yeah, so switching gears a bit of Kekey Palmer. First, let's congratulate Kekey Palmer before we even get to she sat down with Whoopi.
Speaker 2: Goldbert just being dropping a palm.
Speaker 18: No.
Speaker 6: I mean, yes, you could congratulate her just for being her, you can, but I was specifically talking about the fact that it was an announced yesterday that she will now be the new host of The Voice. She's taking over the Voice. She's stepping in for Carson Daley, who for the first time ever in the thirty one seasons of the show. It's taking a step back as the host of the show, letting kei Key Palmer come in, but he'll still be working on the producer side of things, right, So that announced, that announcement happens, and at the same time, Baby this is Keky Palmer goes live with her interview with Whoopy Goldberg, which was a great conversation. She is on like a run. I mean she stays on a run, but he.
Speaker 2: Keeps on a run.
Speaker 4: Kiki is one of the most talented individuals in entertainment because you know, a lot of people have a lot of hyphenes, but they're not good at all.
Speaker 2: The hyphenages she got a lot of hYP is actually good at everything.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 6: She pours her time into thy actually good dope. Now, so her sit down with Whoopy Goldberg, they get into a ton of things speaking of the hosting and shows. They talk about the View and they talk about why Whoopy Goldberg joined The View. Let's sake, listen.
Speaker 28: I mean, it's so interesting seeing you on the View and you're constantly what made you even want to get on that show?
Speaker 16: Because their job?
Speaker 12: You know what?
Speaker 6: I needed a job.
Speaker 11: Barbara offered me a job. She said, we we just lost one of the people on the show. Would you consider coming over? And I had been doing a radio show yeah, and I said absolutely yeah, and so she brought me over. And it's like I've been crazy glued to that chair.
Speaker 16: Oh my gosh, what do.
Speaker 6: You love about it?
Speaker 16: Because I mean, first of all, the show is called I Love the Check. I can only imagine what that check is.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, trust.
Speaker 14: The View.
Speaker 16: I can play her, guys, But as soon as they showed you that check, you'd be like, what.
Speaker 6: The It's estimated that I will be goberg Earns a mid seven figures south from the View, so anywhere from six to six million to eight million dollars annually, and she is the highest paid according to reports of all of the women on the view.
Speaker 2: Well deserved.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, Now she's been us in two thousand and seven, so yeah, so she They also get into remember when Whoopy Goldberg was doing an interview when she talked about not wanting her spouse to live with her. She further clarifies that, let's take a listen to woop be on those comments.
Speaker 16: This is my favorite quote from you. I don't want anybody in my house.
Speaker 11: Yes, except it wasn't said like that. I said I didn't want to live with anybody.
Speaker 16: I feel the same way. But why is it so crazy when women say.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that.
Speaker 11: People want you to believe that you need to be in a relationship. I am in a relationship with my family.
Speaker 16: They are enough.
Speaker 6: They drop their stuff everywhere, and they do all this stuff. I don't need somebody I kind of just met.
Speaker 2: I don't need them in the house.
Speaker 28: I just have realized that I don't value connection if it doesn't allow me to be my full self.
Speaker 16: But there is this idea, is that love.
Speaker 28: Has to cost you you in order to have true connection, your expression of your love is simply not enough.
Speaker 11: This is why I'm not interested, because I don't want to have to think about you. I don't want to have to think about what your needs are, why you're upset. I don't want to have to answer questions.
Speaker 2: About why you're mad at me.
Speaker 6: I'm happy for you to be at your house.
Speaker 11: I love a hit and run.
Speaker 2: Go over there and knock you off and go home.
Speaker 5: Okay, Lord, I couldn't have a household with my wife, wasn't it with me? And I couldn't stay with my wife every night. Now I'm not gonna lie. My wife went away these last couple of days, and I want my kids to live next door because.
Speaker 12: I have.
Speaker 2: All the stuff my wife to.
Speaker 16: What period?
Speaker 2: I'm like, pick that up, do this? And I'm not your mother? Give I understand why in need? How long many? How many days?
Speaker 6: Want to live with you?
Speaker 17: Oh? God?
Speaker 2: Long? Yeah, she's just nowhere for fifteen days.
Speaker 14: A lot.
Speaker 5: Mercedes is out with us, so they're having a good time. Last night they went to go see Calvin Harris in the visa, so they have all the time because the hours are different, so they they're having a great time.
Speaker 2: God, come back to that. Yes, you should have took that to the grave from damn. Lauren called.
Speaker 5: When the Lauren called, then three wait a minute, and she was like, yeah, why why are you tell everything?
Speaker 2: Like I was like, right, I'm stupid.
Speaker 6: I'm in the doctors offen explaining and heart while she's trending because of your behind. Literally, yeah, but that was a baby. This is Keky Parmer. That interview is now live and Whoopies promoting the WHOOPI monologue. So they got into an in depth compliment. Sure you guys check that out.
Speaker 2: We even though your ass clean. Now, oh my god, oh my god. I don't know if I can work in these conditions. You need a break. You want to man, listen four hours? Uh we speaking of families.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's a family called the Lackers that needs to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 5: They was out here trying to catch that ops and lacking. Okay, we'll discuss all right, we'll get to that next. It don't go anywhere as the breakfast cleve the morning.
Speaker 2: Man, it's time for Donkey of the Day. You have a bunch of donkeys. The donkey to day called Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 6: It really caught me off guards.
Speaker 2: We live a life where we might are tongue based off who we may have fans. We never saying you are a donkey. That is why Charlamagne is here. Some donkey to day is just sa themselves on the breakfast club. Okay, charlaw maage, we're giving a donkey of the day too.
Speaker 4: The day, Yes, donkey today for Wednesday, August fifth, is going to a whole family.
Speaker 2: Yes, a man, a woman and child, a husband, a mother, a son. Okay, the family is the Lackards, all right.
Speaker 4: Mount Vernon Deputy Police Commissioner Jennifer Lackard, who is forty nine, her husband James Lackard, and their twenty year old son, Chase Laccard. Yesterday's heaw is a family pack ladies in gettlement. Okay, let me read you the headline from the New York Post. It says, n why police big wig husband helped goon son plan gangland shooting and mom was getaway driver. I repeat the Mount Vernon Deputy Police Commissioner Jennifer Lackard helped her son plan a gangland shooting and she was the getaway driver. You can't make this kind of stuff up. Let's go to ABC seven and wy for the report.
Speaker 29: Police this chilling surveillance image from November twenty twenty four. She was a nineteen year old pointing a gun at an NYPD officer in the Bronx. An officer shot him in the leg that rainy night, and the young man later identified as Chase Lackard of Soundview, was arrested on weapons and menacing charges. Officials that night said he was a gang member with a criminal history who never should have been on the street. Now a year and a half later, his mom, Jennifer Lackard, was in court charged with being her son's getaway driver after he aimed a gun again, this time firing several times right behind the Bronx Courthouse June twenty ninth.
Speaker 16: He was in court that morning.
Speaker 29: Prosecutor said this shooting was also caught on surveillance and there were text messages. Twenty year old Chase told Jennifer Lackard to wait for him outside the building.
Speaker 9: She will find it way question her question mark. She says, you can't just be fail, but the time he has.
Speaker 4: To be branch.
Speaker 29: Jennifer Lackard was until this week a deputy commissioner in the Mount Vernon Police Department. The City of Mount Vernon issued a statement saying she'd been terminated effective immediately today. She faced attempted murder, conspiracy, and weapons charges.
Speaker 4: I keep telling you all the craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida.
Speaker 2: And tell you something.
Speaker 4: When I was younger, I asked my parents to take a lot of places, Okay, a lot of places. I needed rids to drop me off at a friend's house, maybe the skating ring, a football game on a Friday night. But never in my life if I asked my mother or father to drop me off of the shootout. Okay, somebody in Detroit is writing a script for this new family crime thriller right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, a twenty year old that.
Speaker 4: Makes poor choices has usually been influenced by an adult that has made poor choices. Okay, it's easy to condemn this nineteen twenty year old kid. But when they say the apple do fall too far from the tree, this is what they are talking about it right. The fact that you are the deputy police commissioner, an officer of the law. You're supposed to protect and serve the escalate crime. Instead, you chose to raise a criminal.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: The New York Posts that the parents helped their son Chase plan a hit right outside of the.
Speaker 2: Bronx Criminal Court.
Speaker 4: They was in a Chrystler pacifica okay, and their son, who they said, is a member of the slutty Gang.
Speaker 2: What gang did they say?
Speaker 4: The slutty gang, That's what the New York Post said, open fire on a member of a rival old street crew called Pee la Fay, and by the grace of God, he missed his targets.
Speaker 2: How you are police officer, but haven't even taught your son how to shoot? Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm glad nobody got hit, but if you are going to take your son out to get to drop on his ops, at least make sure he has a great aim.
Speaker 2: Okay. You had everything else planned out.
Speaker 4: According to the New York Post, after they drove off, they had their son changed clothes to avoid detection.
Speaker 2: I don't understand what happened here, I really don't, okay.
Speaker 4: Jennifer Lackett, of course, was fired from her job as Mount Vernon Deputy police Commissioner. She was making one hundred and thirty eight two hundred and nineteen thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: Okay, she was the boss of the wellness unit.
Speaker 4: Now the whole family is facing attempted murder okay, conspiracy and reckless endangerment charges.
Speaker 2: Somebody has to explain to me how this happens. Okay.
Speaker 4: I mean one of my pet peeves is hypocrisy, and in this case the hypocrisy is heavy.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: The people who were supposed to stop crime allegedly became the support staff for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, not just the fact she was in law enforcement, but the fact she was a parent.
Speaker 4: I don't understand the dynamics of marriages anymore because someone is supposed to intervene and simply say this is stupid.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: James, you the husband, the head of the household. Your job is to protect and provide. What's you off duty? Jennifer, you the mother and deputy police commissioner. You don't have nothing better for your son to do this summer? Okay, he's twenty. Tell him go find a job sen as young aster trade school. What about your son? Don't you like that you would allow him to throw his life away like this and ruin your life in the process.
Speaker 2: Okay. This is the epitome of why you have to be your child's parents and not their ganggang. Okay. It's usually friends enabling behavior.
Speaker 4: Like this in the youth, but in this case, the parents are enabling the criminal behavior instead of parenting. Jennifer James, you're supposed to be driving your son.
Speaker 2: To college, you know, church a job interview?
Speaker 4: What prosecutors are saying you drove your son to commit attempted murder? How you go from carpooling to conc conspiracy?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll be the first to tell you. Every day I learned something new about parenting. Okay.
Speaker 4: You would think for as long as people have been doing it, we would have it all figured out by now, But we don't.
Speaker 2: Okay. But I know one thing. I'm not perfect, but I'm not the goddamn lackards. Okay. The lackers was out here helping their son, catching somebody lack ing. Okay.
Speaker 4: The job of a parent is to raise productive citizens, not to become accomplices in their crimes. Some families don't pass down wealth, some don't pass down wisdom. They pass down bad decisions.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: And if nobody breaks the cycle of generational ignorance, everybody eventually ends up.
Speaker 2: Trapped by it. Please give the lackards the biggest he huh, I don't get it me neither. I don't. I don't get mean mean, I don't get it. All right, Well, thank you for that donkey of today.
Speaker 5: Yes, indeed, now when we come back, we have sin say Ja will be joining us marcial artists and instructor as a new movie paper Made, which comes out on the twenty eighth of this month, and we're gonna talk to him next. I'm sure you've seen his clips online, So don't go anywhere. That's to Breakfast Cloak go morning.
Speaker 2: Warning.
Speaker 5: Everybody is tj Envyess, Hilarius Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club Lawna Roses here as well. We got a special guest in the building. Yes indeed, Jaya Muhammad.
Speaker 2: Welcome brother.
Speaker 13: How you feeling I'm feeling good?
Speaker 2: Telling who you are?
Speaker 3: My brother.
Speaker 13: My name is since A Jah. I'm on social media known as since they Job.
Speaker 18: I'm Jair martial artist, actor and I just drive to be an overall beautiful example for some of our young brothers to follow and look at, because so many of our people don't have a good example.
Speaker 13: So I was blessed to be raised.
Speaker 18: You know by my beautiful mother and my beautiful father and just drive to be the clean glass.
Speaker 13: That's a little bit about me.
Speaker 4: And you have this movie that you did call paper Maid, and it's described as an HBCU martial arts drama.
Speaker 13: Yes, so I can't say that I made it.
Speaker 18: But this director sitting behind me, Ryan wat Ryan Watson, he's actually here.
Speaker 13: He's the one that directed it. He wrote the script. I mean, it's all his child.
Speaker 18: And he was a follower of me on social media for a few months and he was just watching me, and he reached out to the d MS and said, man, I got I gotta roll for you.
Speaker 13: I'm like, roll for what.
Speaker 2: He's like a movie.
Speaker 18: I'm like, okay, So no acting experience, no auditions, no nothing. So I flew out to Florida and shot and learned two weeks worth of choreography in two hours. So it was a blessing that through my skill set, I was able to adapt quickly and make things happen.
Speaker 13: So I'm excited.
Speaker 2: You don't even training martial arts.
Speaker 18: So I was four years old, four years old, so my father put me in it. By my teacher, doctor, I dualized he's Muhammad formally on his grand master, Anthony Muhammad. He was he's known in New York as a legend, and growing up under him, I've been able to reach the level of you know, guess what you would call it, you know, virality or whatever the case may.
Speaker 13: Be, because people have never seen him before.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, what was it about this brother that she was like, you know what he's doing for this, I've never seen a man this big move the way he moves.
Speaker 5: And then it was the video with him out in front of the mosque where I was seeing his hands and.
Speaker 2: The way he moved, and I was just like, Yo, this is amazing.
Speaker 5: I've never seen a man that size moved that that well. And then as far as his performance went on the movie, he was in the middle of Ramadan right towards the end. As a matter of fact, he's.
Speaker 2: Listen y'all.
Speaker 5: The nutrition that he was lacking in his body to be able to move the way he moved, it's like he's a real life like unicorn.
Speaker 2: Like I've never seen anything like that before.
Speaker 5: And it was like towards the end, you know, at the beginning, you're still kind of all right, but towards the end where you really like needing food and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: To see that level of energy come out of him at this size, it was amazing.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 2: So he's like, this is a real life unicorn here. So break down what Paper Made is about for people that don't know it, intee, the trail.
Speaker 5: Paper Made is about a young man who transfers from a p w I to a HBCU. He has been he has a martial arts background, but he falls he falls away from it, right, and so he gets into trouble at the HBCU. And so in order to redeem himself, he has to pledge his father's martial arts fraternity in order to get back in.
Speaker 2: The good graces of the university. Miles Truet is the main character. Michael J. White plays his father, trying to get him back on the right track.
Speaker 5: And there's a lot of sub you know, a lot of stories in the middle of it that I think everybody's really going to enjoy.
Speaker 4: And you and Michael had some issues that turned into a conversation that kind of led to some unity that led to this right.
Speaker 18: Yeah, man, I can say it was a misunderstanding. That's the I wrote. But Michael, he's a beautiful brother. But I I posted a video of me doing my techniques and I was demonstrated and I was showing, you know, my skill sets to social media for everybody to learn from.
Speaker 13: And he commented under my post, you know, and he.
Speaker 18: Said words such as, you know this is fake, this is phony, and you know this is what the stars like myself pay the stunt double so that we can look good.
Speaker 13: So that being my first interaction with somebody that's.
Speaker 2: An absolute you don't know me.
Speaker 18: And it's crazy because I was talking. I was sitting next to my brother and Eli Chopper. We were sitting there on the couch playing a game. It's crazy, my first time with you all.
Speaker 2: I was on the couch.
Speaker 18: Last time. Bryson was up here a circle moment. Yeah, that's that's my brother. But we were sitting on the couch. I said, man, I just got to note that. I said, man, Michael just White just commented on my post. He said what they read it out loud. I got to read the man.
Speaker 13: My face went from a smile to a scout. I'm like, dang.
Speaker 18: I was like, but you know, long story short, you know, I respond to him by sending him by posting a video of me just going crazy. I'm just whooping people in tournaments, like just going absolutely insane. So I'm like, okay, you as a martial artist, you can identify true martial arts. Because he's a bona fide martial artist. You can't take that away from him at all. So next thing you know, he reaches out to the director and he says, Man, I see you in a movie. I see everybody that's in it.
Speaker 13: Man put me in it.
Speaker 12: Mike.
Speaker 13: Meanwhile, Ryan has been reaching out to him for years to put him in this film.
Speaker 5: So now, yeah, that's a crazy story. I ain't gonna throw nobody under the bus.
Speaker 13: And this is not what that is. I'm not going to know.
Speaker 5: But what happened is I did the pilot for this movie back in twenty twenty two and we did very well on the festival circuit, a lot of action festivals and stuff like that, and it went real well. So I use the proof of concept to recruit. So that's when I linked up with Walter Jones original Black Part Ranger.
Speaker 2: He wanted to do it. I hit taimok up.
Speaker 5: His folks were like, yeah, let us know when you're ready, and Michael was the one that I could never get ahold of because I was doing it the right way, going through the managers and all that stuff, and so the emails weren't reaching them. I had it set up for it was gonna be him and his wife to be the young man's parents.
Speaker 2: Oh wow movie.
Speaker 5: But I could never get a hold of him, and then so I had sort of just made peace with it, like I just assumed he.
Speaker 2: Didn't want to do it, you know what I'm saying. And then I was linked up with him.
Speaker 5: But then when the press release dropped the first week of February, like everybody was like, Yo, this is amazing, and then I was like, I need a dad for this young man, like a powerhouse martial Art's guide. There was only one other person. So then Walter Jones was like, yo, I'm gonna hit Mike up and see if he wants to do it. And then what happened after that was just like he called me and was like, Yo, I'm so sorry. I didn't know anything about it, but I want to be a part of it. And I mean, he's the nicest guy of all time.
Speaker 2: He was in the movie.
Speaker 5: So I called him immediately and I was like, yo, Mike wants to do the movie, so absolutely, like you know what I'm saying. So it was like a full circle moment, and like you know, I was aware of the back and forth beforehand, and I was like, yo, obviously God has put us in a situation where we can man.
Speaker 18: I would get these two men at the table, and I was so excited to see him. I was like, man, put us on it, fly me in on the same time that he's there. I just want to get eyes on him, meet him, and like so we can feel my energy and I can feel his. But the things didn't line up to where he left the day before I got there, so I said, just wasn't time yet, So I shoot my thing or whatever.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 18: I told the director, I'm like, man, I'm about to go in to breakfast club that we're gonna talk about what happened. Y'all should have a conversation. So I get a phone call and I got mic on the other line. I said, right now, I was all right, merge me in beautiful, beautiful. Conversation started off as him, man, man, young blood, we ain't got no issues, no problem, man, I love what you're doing all of that, and I was and if I would have just left it at that. That'd have been a call. He've been forty five seconds. But I said, man, I said, I appreciate you. And I started by telling him how valuable he is start people. And I said, man, you are an absolute living legend. And I said, when you think about black martial artists, your name is one of the main ones that come up, even to this very day. I said, so, I said, if I may say humbly, I said, you don't have the same.
Speaker 2: Liberty as everybody else.
Speaker 13: He said, what do you mean. I said, every word that you use holds weight.
Speaker 18: I said, so with the influence that God gave you, I said, you have the power to either raise somebody up or tear them down. I said, but luckily for you, I said, I'm validated by God, so the words of men don't affect me.
Speaker 6: He was like, man, that's right.
Speaker 18: He was like, but he listened, and he said, man, it's crazy, but this is the humility that he has. He said, you're twenty four and I'm fifty four, and you're telling me about the power of my tongue. He said, there's a defect that was exposed.
Speaker 13: In me that I now have to study. You didn't have to say that he's an old gi. He's a vet.
Speaker 18: He I got to talk to this young cat just not coming in this. But he took the humble route and I appreciate that because he was able to mend a relationship that started off a little rocky. But I think the way that the relationship started is going to dictate how it ends, which is beautiful.
Speaker 8: Your level of maturity and just professionalism and poise did that come from. I know you're raised by both of your parents, but did that also come from martial arts at an early age?
Speaker 6: Being though like you have to discipline.
Speaker 14: You have to learn.
Speaker 18: Discipline absolutely since since four years old. I mean, and sometimes some martial arts, some martial arts instructors are a little bit more callous than others, so the method may not be perfect. But I owe all of my martial arts discipline to my teacher. I mentioned the doctor Abdulaziz. I mean, he's he's such a beautiful teacher because he doesn't teach you just with force, but with wisdom. So he's able to blend the technical and the physical with the spiritual. And I feel like the blend of the two is what makes it a perfect marriage. And of course I was raised watching and learning from the animal.
Speaker 2: This to lewis far kim.
Speaker 18: So being under his presence and studying and watching him has made me the man I am today because outside of just the you know, the fighting and you know what I'm saying, looking good, talking good, You can talk good, but if the spirit and the heart is not right, the words will be boy. So watching a man like that, and he actually has a message for you all with Charlotte Magne and the entire staff.
Speaker 13: He wants you all to know that.
Speaker 18: He loves you, and he said he's proud of everything that you all are doing. And despite him losing his beautiful wife, he still has his hearts and minds thinking about you all. So it's like he's just a beautiful soul. And I thank God so much for him and being able to I can say be raised by him.
Speaker 2: I saw him a few weeks ago. I went, I flew out to the farm.
Speaker 13: I met you. You don't even remember.
Speaker 18: I was standing right next to it, and you know, you know it's crazy, bro, I didn't I didn't introduce myself. I was already working the things out with my uncle, communicating with you, but I didn't want to mention it. There I was the man, it's nice to meet you. I'll see you soon. And of course the man could see you brother than you know. You went about your business. But yeah, that was just I met you.
Speaker 2: That's family right there.
Speaker 4: But listen, martial large, right, what part of a person changes first when they learn martial ARGs.
Speaker 2: Is that their body, their mind, and their spirit.
Speaker 18: I would say the physical, and I feel like the mental and the spiritual is built over time when you when you're in it, depending on the quality of the instructor, I feel like that's the main thing. And if they're teaching you properly, of course you'll condition your body in a fighting aspect.
Speaker 2: So all of that that's cool.
Speaker 18: But the spiritual aspect that goes with it, because you can know martial loss. You could be the coldest thing walking physically, but if your mind is not strong, somebody on the street that has a strong enough will to not finish until you're done will overcome you every single time. So the physical aspect is okay, cool, I got that, But the mental that takes time. You got grand masters that still ain't got this, and you'll watch them work and you say, not that you're judging them, but you can just see, Okay, well there's things that he may be going on with his personal life.
Speaker 13: I mean, reality is real. You like to be spooky about it? N It takes time.
Speaker 4: The reason I asked because I've been you know, I've been reading a lot about Bruce Lee lately. And the thing that's always intrigued me about Bruce Lee not that he was just a great martial artist. He was a great intellectual absolutely always. I've been more into how did he become that intellectual?
Speaker 2: It's the spirit.
Speaker 23: Man.
Speaker 18: It's like, even with the saying Bruce Lee be water, water can flow or can crash. So that's a thought process meaning gold with the flow. How do you how do you compare that to everyday life when you're talking about flowing, not going against, not being callous, not being in opposition to everything. And I'm in the space in my life where I'm just trust in God, where if something feels right in my spirit, where I'm not conflicted, I'm not overthinking it, I'm not questioning it, none of that.
Speaker 13: I'm just going with it. And that's how I'm here today.
Speaker 18: I started off a year ago doing this I skipped a lot of steps to be on the biggest.
Speaker 13: Podcast radio interview in the entire world.
Speaker 18: And I appreciate you, brother for allowing me the opportunity to grace you all's beautiful platform, because God has blessed you all to influence the minds of millions. And there's so many powerful men and women that you all have brought on here. So to be able to say that, see the minister right there, so to be able to say that I can, as your little brother, I'm one of those people that now can say, man, I can sit with these all gust brothers and sisters. It's like, as a little boy, I would have never thought that you're twenty four years old and you sitting with some great giants like that. Oh no, I would have never thought. But again, we planning. God plans, and he's the best of planets. We just got to make sure that we're not getting in between His will by forcing it, wanting to force stuff.
Speaker 13: Let's stuff flow, man.
Speaker 2: And take your real uncle blood o kkkk got you got you as well.
Speaker 6: He swore me up and.
Speaker 15: Down that and you.
Speaker 2: Time that might be a movie that going onhip cock.
Speaker 18: So I mean, ever since I was young man. He's always been a part of my life. My father, he used to travel with tang. He was always on the road without you. And you know, being you know, my father's son, you know, he always took me in as one of his own. And he's looked out for me in more ways than a lot of my real blood uncle Sam. Not just because they wouldn't. They wouldn't if they were in a position, but they just you know, life. But he's always been somebody that has been extremely solid whatever I needed. I don't ask him for much, but when I do ask him for something, it's never a question, it's never a thought, it's no hesitation. It's like, nephew, whatever it is, I got you I share with the other day, I said, I want to let you know and I love and appreciate you. I was like, I promised to God. I said, I'm gonna pay you back. He said, we're not in the business of keeping tabs, so wow, that's mine now.
Speaker 4: He definitely reached out to make sure you was up here to talk about paper made the movie him and brother Don.
Speaker 18: I hate brother Donald. I said, man, brother don, can you give me a quick solid man? I was like, I know, brother's busy man, but uh what I was always talking with it as a will theres a way, so you know you's got to be persistent. You ain't gotta be no more ladies.
Speaker 2: What can they watch?
Speaker 3: It made?
Speaker 2: The movie? Paper Made.
Speaker 5: The movie is going to debut in Tampa August twenty eighth. We had a taxing center from the city of Tampa to.
Speaker 2: Do the movie there, so we got to do our due.
Speaker 5: Diligence and make sure we put on for the people there to get our taxing center back. And we're currently in conversations with distributors open the land somewhere. We'll definitely do some theater releasing this fall, so everyone should definitely follow our Instagram page Paper Made Movie on i G. We're gonna be having all the announcements there.
Speaker 2: Absolutely thanks for joining us, brother Bryan Watson. It's the Breakfast Club, all right. It depends Chris Breezy in Town. Yeah, but I'm saying this is bryceon Tall, like come over.
Speaker 4: There and slap she ain't off your chin? I ever hear you say something like that said Chris Brown and n is Breezy in Town sound like it wrote the whole song about that I know you don't like me. You ain't the same with Chris browns Intown.
Speaker 13: That's you right now.
Speaker 2: That's nasty, Chris, Breezy and.
Speaker 6: Sezy.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to you, you Chris Brown, all right, that's what I'm saying. Something y'all to check them in when they sound like that. I did not say it like that.
Speaker 17: My daughter.
Speaker 2: To say about like that, I guess.
Speaker 4: Like me.
Speaker 6: Your daughter is like a married woman almost and she's she can go with her fiance's.
Speaker 2: But I got the tickets. But that, Yeah, I don't be a christ Brown concert.
Speaker 12: You're out here.
Speaker 2: You want to come up on stage so bad.
Speaker 4: Let me tell me, sadies, and we shouldn't be at that contract by itself.
Speaker 2: I'm going with my daughter. What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: All right, let's get into the latest. I'm gonna leave you alone.
Speaker 2: I hate man, I hate this place. I hate just this nasty. I hate long you know, I hate Charlamagne.
Speaker 6: That knows a little bit about every breezing.
Speaker 2: Rainbow. Get us a little bit rainbows on the club. To me, I'm better than rainbow. Don't put rainbow on me now. Ain't nothing rowing rainbow.
Speaker 4: I know you would you would wear a Maxie dressed out of there right now, cut it.
Speaker 2: Out and Charlotte too.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna segue shift gears a bit. So yesterday there were reports that broke this is completely shifting gears peso. In yesterday there was a live stream that was reported to police in Miami, so Miami Dade Sheriff's Office had to respond. Their crisis unit had to respond to a home that at first it was believed to be parents Hilton, and then neighbors confirmed that it was him. He was on a live stream and on the live stream there were reports that he was performing self harming acts like cutting. So they responded. They were able to get to him and take him to a local hospital where he was receiving medical attention. But they do believe that this was you know, either like something mental health related or a crisis of some sort, and that's why the Christis Response Unit responded. So, yeah, those reports broke out last night, ruefully.
Speaker 5: He'll be okay, yeah, And they said he was doing it on TikTok live right, Yeah, you said, that's yeah crazy, Yeah, And they haven't released People are still referring in reports to this as a person's because there are some places that are not stating his identity, but they haven't provided much on his condition or additional details about what led up to the incident.
Speaker 6: But it is being investigated.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: Bringing it back up here to New York Cardi B. So you guys, remember we celebrated Cardi B because she got Now she has four diamond songs because Wop went diamond right record for doing so. And that was Meg the Stallion's first diamond as well too. But Carty is talking about having a party to celebrate all of the success recently. Let's say a listen if you one of my baby Daddy's I don't give a you know what I'm saying, because the money gotta be in the building that I need the hoes, I need to the and the takers.
Speaker 16: I need the bitches to.
Speaker 2: Take eat any of them.
Speaker 6: I read Dad's bitch, I'm throwing a party.
Speaker 21: If I'm throwing a party, bitch, I need to put the money in and I need a certain five Like I really want to throw a party.
Speaker 16: Because it's just like I just want to celebrate.
Speaker 9: I want to celebrate my new record.
Speaker 16: I want to celebrate my record.
Speaker 2: I want to celebrate the four diamonds.
Speaker 6: I want to I just want to celebrate life.
Speaker 10: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Mmm, you was letting the holes fly? What was you believing.
Speaker 21: I eat?
Speaker 18: Or?
Speaker 6: She said? In another video she said she said one video one of the leaders saying is ropping is whatever?
Speaker 2: You can't say?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I thought it was good certified eating. But editor, she can't see that.
Speaker 6: We just said it. Look, I don't know say that that's better.
Speaker 4: Than bottom feeder, though. I remember when Cardy and Meg was out here calling men bottom That was crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, you could just say you can say eaters. You just can't say what you eat. What you can say eat right, right?
Speaker 24: Right?
Speaker 6: Okay, y'all, well that's what she said. All right, now you are insane as a person.
Speaker 2: Do you not see that?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You can you can't say what you're eating?
Speaker 6: A video making up the female rappind yourself East High all right. Speaking of the female rap girlies, re me Min was on Memphis Bleak podcast Rock Solid. You know that she's about to be pushing her music that she has coming out next month, So they had a conversation about remember when she brought Cardi out on stage and did the whole female rap girl unity moment. They talked about that. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 16: When I came home, it was just one like Nick was out here, like she was dominated.
Speaker 2: She she and she was a fool with nobody.
Speaker 30: And once everything happened with me and her and we fell out some stupid to me, I had the opportunity to do summer gym that they might have paid me about like sixty thousand years. I took my budget and I called him. I call emc light, I call CARDI Cardy. Didn't even have afore that yellow was out, but they wasn't even playing it on her, Like I had a big ass argument with it because I just wanted to give a literally one hundred and twenty seconds on my set too. Well, it's my set, so I don't want to care what I felt and that and that's it. After that, when she started like doing this, everybody was like, oh, me was right. I wanted to make it a moment that that would matter, and I felt like from that moment people was able to see and take it like, oh they all could be together. And I felt like from that moment it changed a lot of things. I love it because we didn't have a lot of that, Like it's so many women that I wanted to work with, and politics always played its even now like I'm working on a project and I just see the positives.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: That moment was I believe the first moment that people took Cardi B serious as a music artist, because I remember when Cardi B came out on that stage. I mean I just saw the video and the crowd went crazy because she did She didn't do both that yellow Now, she did that Forever song that ran down on it twice. I believe that's what she did. I'm pretty sure that's the song she did. But I just remember the crowd going crazy and singing the song, and I think that's the first time people started taking Cardi B serious as a music artist. I think that Yellow came out after that. I don't remember what that Yellow being out. It was like real quick though, like maybe like a week turnaround or something. That's I'm glad you reporting rim stuff again.
Speaker 2: That's one little pop in the lip.
Speaker 6: Get her right, really believe that, Like some of his mom called him yesterday and and I'm going to say what happened with Lauren and Remy because Charlagne, keep talking about something happened. She's here in New.
Speaker 2: York's, New York.
Speaker 6: She's here in New York. No, shut up, you're lying. Don't be up there lying.
Speaker 4: But yes, make sure you listen to remy Ma and Myth League on Myth Bleak's podcast, rock Solid on the Black Effect and.
Speaker 2: Al Show podcast.
Speaker 6: We'll bring this back tomorrow, but we talked about this. Jason Lee's interview with Asat Rocky is airing literally right now. They shot it up in Harlem at Melbourne's and shar think you got a little mention in there, so we're gonna talk about it tomorrow. I got to talk about it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I got album.
Speaker 6: Melbourne, the Harlem Restaurant You've never been. Okay, Well, yeah, we'll bring it back, but make sure you guys go check that out as well too. That's the latest is brought to you by Top Dog Law. Any accident big or small called Top Doug Law.
Speaker 2: And you also remember when Cardy B did our Breakfast Lub party out in Ah.
Speaker 4: That was way before all that. That was that's when she was just dropping the Gangst Bitch music. I mean she had dropped one of those yet.
Speaker 2: And that was so crazy.
Speaker 4: How crazy that was when she performed a dance salute the Boss dropping the poo bombs for body Okay in Delaware too, Body is always.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 6: That started with her patients in Delaware. She used to come to bottom all the time and she used to go up.
Speaker 2: To Delaware on put no money in her pocket.
Speaker 6: We didn't club. She performed.
Speaker 5: That's the latest Breakfast Morning Morning. Everybody is the j Envy just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy, we are the Breakfast Club. Now we got a salute to James Tellerco for joining us. He's running for US Senate in Texas. To stop it up to say, great conversation.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I enjoy anybody who's not afraid to give God the glory and all things that they're doing.
Speaker 2: So salute to James Talerico. And also since joh for joining us, another one not afraid to.
Speaker 4: Give God the glory and all things that he's doing, even.
Speaker 5: If it's beating your ass. Yeah, now you know this this show really works for Cardy B. We didn't talk about Cardi B's old Navy commercial, right, Yes, the Navy deal, which is pretty dope.
Speaker 12: The new.
Speaker 2: Check shout the new face of an Old Navy. It's out to that the commercial right now?
Speaker 16: So happy?
Speaker 6: Yes, no, but the way that you gotta look at the fit, the fates of the genes and stuff. It's like it's like the good the stretchy fit to your body. Didn't like they knew what they was doing about putting Cardi in Yo. And do you know what's crazy about that? Remember like a few years ago, Old Neighbor was about to go out of business. They were talking about going out of business and all of that stuff. And then now Cardi is saving them.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 6: I've been talking about going out of business. No, yep, they sure did.
Speaker 2: Definitely closing stores. No, congratulations to Cardi.
Speaker 5: B If you want to see the new commercial, it's on Old Navy's page and Cardy's page as well.
Speaker 2: All right, it's time to get up out of here. You got this weekend.
Speaker 8: Ontario, California, California, not Canada.
Speaker 6: And now you got people saying I thought you was coming to Canada. This is California, So.
Speaker 8: Make sure you get your tickets for Ontario, California. I'll be at the Ontario Improv. We got two shows this Friday, two shows this Saturday. Gosh, I'm not looking forward to the jet leg yo. I ain't been West Coast in a little minute, but that three hours behind really going. That's gonna kick me in ass. But it's all right, just larious official dot com. But the next two weekends, I'm in Cali because next weekend I'm in the Bay. So pleasants in California, get your tickets. I'll be at Tommy T's Comedy Club. All right, that's hilarious official dot com to all the students today.
Speaker 5: I think the students are going in the starting college this week and next week, so they're starting to land on campus. So good luck to all the HBCU students out there that Sadny campus, all the students, but especially the HBCU students out there.
Speaker 6: You remember walking on campus for the first time.
Speaker 5: I remember, yeah, yeah, I remember my parents, My mom and my dad drove me to campus and you know, we had to I was staying on the third floor.
Speaker 2: There was no elevator, so we had to walk all that stuff upstairs.
Speaker 5: And I just remember, you know, seeing new people and had having to learn what my classes were, and we're the cafeteria was, and had to wash.
Speaker 2: My own clothes, and I had to figure all that out. But then I just.
Speaker 5: Remember I wanted my parents to leave, and they didn't want to leave you, but I had to tell them, like all right, guys, later, let me go.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was. It was an amazing experience. And listen, I want to tell everybody.
Speaker 4: This Saturday, I will be doing my eleventh annual back to school drive and fish fry in my hometown at Monks Corner, South Carolina, six pm to eight pm.
Speaker 2: You can pull up to the Berkeley High School.
Speaker 4: Pull up to Berkeley High School and get a free backpack and some school supplies in some food. We're gonna have the food trucks out there, and you know my pops will be out there frying fish and all types of good stuff.
Speaker 2: So pull up. You know, everything is free. Salut the Spray Ground.
Speaker 4: Spray Ground gave me a great deal on some backpacks, so the kids will be getting Spray Spray Ground backpacks.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: So see all this Saturday from six to eight pm Monks Corner, South Carolina, Berkeley High School. Okay, get a positive note. I do have a positive note. The positive note is simply this happiness is found in three things, letting go of what was, enjoying what is, and having faith and what it will be. Listen, you're not behind in life, Okay, you're just carrying too much from yesterday, the fully experienced, the beauty that's already waiting for you today. Healing begins when you stop arguing with the past. Breathe deeper, smile more often, and let the present become a place you actually enjoy living.
Speaker 2: Have a great day, breakfast club you don't finish.
Speaker 1: Done up, Wake you up, Wake up, wake that ass up. Program your alarm. The Power one oh five point one on iHeartRadio