Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're recording over there? Is that recording? Is that recording?
Speaker 1: Record? Pro it's recording?
Speaker 2: Is that recording? Put that in your face? Geez ready, Yes, that didn't record.
Speaker 1: Where's that coming out of? I don't know from your speaker, it's not coming up. Maybe it's one of these. No, I think it's broken. I mean I could hear it. I hear it too, but there's no levels here. See that. Wow, the studio is broken. Maybe you have to put it in Q or something because I.
Speaker 2: Don't see levels anywhere. That's so weird. All right, well whatever, I tried to play an open.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was right there where here? No? Yes, it was no Scott, this one is it? This one is? They can't hear you. They can't.
Speaker 2: No, they can't. Actually this was That was the shaking jingle or song. Because everything is missing? Andrew, where is everything?
Speaker 1: I don't know. There's this one, there's this one good Andy, and then there's this one.
Speaker 2: Killers and that's it. There's nothing, there's nothing. What is what's this? Wow, that's a honey commercial. There's just nothing.
Speaker 1: That's it. Okay, Moving to the country. Look, that's all the old stuff that we used to use people will love this. Hi.
Speaker 3: I'm Wilford Brimley and I've had diabetes for about twenty years.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah, oh hey, Wilford diabeata remember that?
Speaker 2: Remember we used to play that every episode? I do remember again, Yeah, that's when we used to have fun. Well, let's do it again. That's a serial graveyard, which you haven't done.
Speaker 1: I see that, I see that. All right, Well, let's let's get on with the show. How it is Monday, July third, Oh, July third, Welcome to July. Welcome to July.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, sorry, just playing everything we have. Yes, it's July third, tomorrow's July fourth. Wow, that me, Today's July.
Speaker 1: Fourth, eve. I don't think it's a holiday.
Speaker 2: All the patriotic cereals are in stores capt'n Crunch, red white and blue.
Speaker 1: But we've done those we have, That's why I don't have them here. Yeah, red white blue rice crispies. There's regular rice crispies that are red, white and blue, yep, or just actually red and blue and you know whatever you call a rice color, because it's not really white, no right, no more pale yellow be yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well all right, well here we are welcome to this carefully curated episode of Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: You just love getting under my skin by using that word curate it. And I'm not gonna let you do it today. Why I'm not gonna let you do it? You should be that I take care and time into these episodes. You were gone for maybe two minutes, not even to just go underneath your desk, put your butt in my face. Said it was warm, Yeah it was. That was weird as you like shuffled around and it was like, ooh, I can't wait. Well, because you know what, I've been doing this for a long time. Pop up and you're like curated because this is you know, just pick three boxes cereal a second nature to me. I know it will go well together nature. Yes you are. You're busy with the phone, like if you you would be really good at like a some iphon. No, no, because those are all used. Get out of here. Stop. No, you don't know why I do things. Cut it out good, that's what you get.
Speaker 2: Karma's a bitch, isn't it.
Speaker 1: No, don't this episode show them that secret for next time? Dude, you ruin everything. It's literally just a bag. There's no curating. You're not a summo. Ye, you just literally go oh, pick three cereals and call it a day. Check it out. These are brand new, Andy, can you read what that is? Yes? Frosted many who eats golden honey? Yes, it's new. Oh that's exciting. Not many people know about this yet it's open. You didn't know. Well, that's because Elvis had to try it, you remember. See, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: I get brand new cereals now that no one's ever seen or heard of before, and I bring them into the secret cereal hault, the vault down here. I think I have a dash let me save your bleeding turn and you know, Elvis will come and go ooh what's that? And I'm like, do you want to try it? He's like yeah, Like we haven't even tried it, opened it nothing yet. And you know he waves the Elvis wand and I just open it up and I just let him have it.
Speaker 1: No he does it. You just go, oh he have is try it hell over the box.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, every time he tries it, I don't try it for the good of this show. I don't try it until can.
Speaker 1: I smell what that smells? So bad?
Speaker 2: Smells like honey? No, it doesn't sells like golden blossom. Honey makes everything taste better.
Speaker 1: Wh Hello, that was not this? It smells when do we go to Nick's honey bee farm. This does not smell like honey. I think it does. It smells like medicine. All right, what kind of medicine you taking? That? Robot doesn't honey medicine? I don't know. I don't like that. Here you go. I like honey.
Speaker 2: So this is frosted many weights from Kellogg. It's got a little bee on there, and it's golden honey, perfectly sweet, wholesome, wweet.
Speaker 1: So it's just honey with it's probably just frosting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll playing taste the honey, there's no doubt about it. I'm not sure how natural the honey is, but it tastes like honey.
Speaker 1: I don't like it. It is naturally flavored. I love honey. I love frosted many weeks, but I wouldn't put them together.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with you on that one. This flavor profile doesn't really match. No, no, because it's not really it's really not any sweetness. The frosting on the frost of miniweeds must be some sort of honey infused something.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's too sweet and the flavor and the sweetness doesn't match each other. Like honey by itself is sweet and taste good, but then you mix that with like the sugar of a frosted mini wheat, that glazed icing, and they just don't go.
Speaker 2: Do you know what Mini's motto is, I'm here to stick with you. It's kind of what I do.
Speaker 1: Well, No, no, that's this one. Yeah, there are the honey puns are everywhere. Yeah, this gets two bowls and a spoon for me.
Speaker 2: Um, I'm teetering between two and a spoon and three. I do like frosted miniweeds. The plain ones actually are better than this, Yeah, way better, So I'm also gonna give it two bowls and a spoon.
Speaker 1: Andrew, we agree on that. Well, I would say if you's it's not a terrible cereal, it's just not good.
Speaker 2: When I saw this on Instagram, I I was highly anticipating it, and then I saw it in stopping shop literally yesterday, and I was so excited I even paid full price for it.
Speaker 1: That's so not me. I think if they changed the the like glazed icing, like the white icing to be. I don't know, make that the honey part. It just doesn't need both.
Speaker 2: Well, that is the honey part. The glaze is the honey. What the frosting is the honey. You could see because it's slightly yellow colored. Check again, see usually it's white. It's got a little bit of a yellowish.
Speaker 1: Hue to it. But it still is the sugar icing.
Speaker 2: Right, But it's honey flavored, just like the strawberry strawberry flavor, the blueberries blueberry flavored. I think this would be better. Now, get this if it was a frosted miniweed, plain frosted miniwhee and had some like honey type goo in the middle, Not honey that oozes out, but like almost honeycomb ish, Yeah, like not the cereal honeycomb, but like an actual honeycomb ish, Like it's like a chunk a little layer of honey goo in the middle.
Speaker 1: I could see that working, right, I would like that. Yeah, I wonder if they tried that. We should get on the board. Let's just get on a cereal. We should get on the Kellogg's board. Yeah, Haye, Kelloggs, would you mind hiring us to consult for a cereal? All right?
Speaker 2: So let's move on to number two. This is gonna be granola in a bag. I was in Target the other day while I was buying all that other news.
Speaker 1: It's special limited edition? Is this key lime pie? It is not.
Speaker 2: It is a special limited edition. It is lemon bar granola, Oh so good and gathered. They make all these random granolas. They have a lot of really cool, interesting flavors. So you know me, I like lemon. The citric acid in the lemon with the milk. I like that combination. I like how it goes on my tongue. I like the feeling it dances in my mouth. It awakens my taste buds. All right, you know I can come up with all these terms and make things sound good.
Speaker 1: That yeah, it sounded beautiful. You're basically Shakespeare, all right. So let's h I don't know. I don't love a good lemon bar. There's like little lemon chips in there. That's what it's the white chocolate chips. Yeah, but they're not chocolate. They're lemon.
Speaker 2: So it's granola with just lemon chips in it. That's pretty much what they do.
Speaker 1: They make a lemon.
Speaker 2: Chip, well, they just it's just lemon flavored. I'm sure there's not. I'm sure they didn't zest a fresh lemon in this bag. Andrew, you never know, don't please, don't eat it.
Speaker 1: No, I just want to keep one on the side to try by itself.
Speaker 2: Whole World oats, cane, sugar, rice flour, granola oil, white chips. In these white chips is sugar, palm kernel, and palm oil, natural flavor, sunflour less than than salt. So oh, lemon peel.
Speaker 1: Is way down. Oh there's honey in this one too. Oh. Distributed Granola Target Corporation. All right, here's your milk and andy.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'm feeling right now that it's just not gonna have enough lemon flavor.
Speaker 1: This just looks like a granola. Well it is a granola, I know, but there's nothing special about it. Okay, ready, I tastes of lemon. It's faint. It is faint.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't really have chunks of lemon, you know. That wouldn't work very well.
Speaker 1: It's it's unt it. I don't either. There's been a rash of lemon cereals lately, the lemon ceios.
Speaker 3: This we can't even count the others because it's a rash of them.
Speaker 1: Why did they call it that, by the way, Yeah, I guess it's because a cluster of something is a bunch of bunch of things. I'm gonna give it three balls in a spoon. I like it. I'm gonna give it three balls. Which it was a bit more lemony, but it does taste like natural lemon rather than like lemon pledge like some of the cereals we've tried. Yes, I if they had a few more of those lemon chips and he would be better. I agree. Commit This didn't commit enough.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, three bulls right, sounds good, Andrew, We'll be back with another special cereal, limited edition special okay, lemon?
Speaker 1: No, right after this. At some point we're gonna get that sound back in the like doing that with you? Do you really? I wish there was something I could play here? Is this Japan? No time filling? No? I will say the chip from that lemon one it sticking around. That's cool. No, I just got another one of my tooth so gross. All right?
Speaker 2: Do you remember our friends the Wishing Grads? No, come on, they created a cereal. They sent us a bunch.
Speaker 1: He wrote us a nice little post Margaret and Ian our friends over there.
Speaker 2: Baker No, not bag. We haven't heard from them in a while. Bakeryon Man, they need to come out with some exciting new things. But anyway, when I was walking the wrong way, mind you and Stue Leonards last week, you know, because that's one of those stories you kind of have to follow around. People get mad when you go the office direction. They have stuff, you know, they have lots of animatronics and they got to keet the banana and I'm here to say, and they got the cheese, and they got the band on top of the milk, and they have all kinds of things.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Stu Lenards has a lot of you push, you know, because all the freaking little three year olds a running around Mommy, mommy, and they push the buttons and these things start singing and we'll have cheese and it just sings.
Speaker 1: Livode's by my parents' house has a band come in on Sundays to sing Italian music and then they have uh before they rains on the produce. It like makes a thunder and lightning sound. I've heard that in stores. And Uncle Giuseppes has the guy also.
Speaker 2: When you go there, sometimes you hear Italian singing, uh, mom on me whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say that the stereotype exists in the tri State, but it exists, and then they almost lean into it because like, the last thing you want when you're trying to get like coal cuts, is somebody being like, oh, yes, it up in your face. Yeah, microph there's a live singer in the supermarket coming over the speakers and the supermar exactly between the live singing where this person is like trying out for some show I don't know, the produce that's getting rained on like a storm. The background of the store having like a hand painted mural of like Tuscany.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a lot. I love it though. Yeah, I think it's all I think anyway, So I'll be going the wrong way. It's still Leonards. People get angry when you're going, especially if you have a shopping car. It's one thing if you're kind of walking in the wrong direction, but if you're gonna about to have a head on shopping cart collision, No, it's just you know, it's just an unwritten rule that you go in one direction and that's it. You know, if you forget something, whoop's got to do the whole store over again. But people break the rules and they go the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Hold up, what if I forgot something in an aisle? Huh? I can't just back up.
Speaker 2: It's not an aisle. It's more of a maze. It's just a one way path throughout the store. It is No, it's not aisles. It's not like your traditional suit. You've never been to a stool leunters. Now, when you come out to do the koozies at my house, We'll take a trip to stool lenders and I'll get your free ice cream.
Speaker 1: Well we would have done that by the time this episode is there. Maybe maybe I'm sure they're delayed. They're coming from China. Oh no, they're coming my day anyway.
Speaker 2: So back to the Wishing Grads. They created this cereal and it's exploded. It's sold all over the place now. And this is a new flavor that we found. You'll remember it as soon as I take it. Probably, So basically, this is another new cereal you.
Speaker 1: Got two wow, two three, Because that thing's new. What the hell it's all new cereals. Sounds like someone didn't curate the episode. Well, no he did. It's just that there's really no. Oh, you're to yourself in third person? Now he did he did carry it?
Speaker 2: Well, it's three wishes'mores Smores limited Edition, grain free, more protein less, sugar, gluten free. Okay, so this it's not keto though, No, so this could be this is pretty good for a know, decent for you cereal, or it's gonna be gross.
Speaker 1: See. I'm glad they didn't send us this. Look.
Speaker 2: See there's the whole family on the back. Does Margaret? I remember this, Margaret? They said this the postcard. Remember, I know what's crazy.
Speaker 1: I love that they put the W in the logo. That makes me happy, the W in the logo. Yeah, but you see how many dots are on top? Three? So it's three w three wishes right, wow, good one. See.
Speaker 2: But I don't think that they had two kids when they first started this, and maybe that's why it was three wishes. But I don't think it would be four wishes now. I don't know, be a costly rebrand, I guess all right, anyway, they get a dog, does that count as a wish?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Let's open this up. So this is s'mores. It looks I do like the box art. Yeah, you know, it's not fun. It is. Oh, I ripped it a little bit. Gotta get better glue there wishing grads. So I wonder how this like. I would love to talk to them about what it took to like start their own cereal company. We could talk to them, I'm sure they would. Yeah, the very person i'd be interested in, Like, who, like, did they make their own cereal and then just one day they thought to themselves self, let's make cereal. I bet you the story is right on the box. Let's see. Wish. I would rather them tell me it in person. Thank you? Okay, the ceial of our dreams. Let's just pour it. The whole story is right here. But I would I would like to talk to them. Smells good. Smell does smell good, so I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't waste your stick again. The sick green free.
Speaker 2: Oh it's beans here, probably as beans are peas. Smells good, but I think it's the kind of one where you put it in your mouth and it's like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh no, here we go. There's no stevia, is there? God? I hope not. Usually we find out out after that. Oh no, no reading, no reading, no reading till we're done monk fruit.
Speaker 2: I was just talking to someone the other day who's like, oh, froggy. He's like, oh, monk fruits so good. No, it's not. And he thinks stevia tastes like sugar. Some people that think stevia tastes like sugar are a little batty because it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm gonna go in with positive thoughts. Me too, because they're a nice family. That's mine.
Speaker 2: You almost cross swords there, buddy, Okay, ready to.
Speaker 1: The chocolate hits your tongue. Nice, Let's see what happens. The changing of the guard is happening. Flavor is gone. I taste peas or some kind of legome. It's like that overly sweetness. Yep, I have a mouthful of beans now right. Yeah, I'm sorry to taste a little bean.
Speaker 2: I just totally yeah, it's god. I wish they could make a swier that just keep stuff flavor when you put it in your mouths.
Speaker 1: I have to say the chocolate taste.
Speaker 2: The chocolate's great, Yeah, it really is. But basically what it is is it's chocolate covered beans.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So once the chocolate.
Speaker 2: Wear is away, you get that, you get that flavor. Yeah, it's a great concept, great idea. I taste the monk fruit now as I breathe in the air going past.
Speaker 1: The You are doing the most right now. I promise you.
Speaker 2: You don't have to, but I'm telling you I taste it. I taste the monk fruity.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna be all that involved with this. I'm gonna give it two bowls in a spoon. I don't think it's bad. In fact, I would eat this over the golden honey frost in miniweeds. What I would.
Speaker 2: I mean, the first ingredient legit is chickpea. Yeah, chickpea tap yolka pea protein or kind of cane sugar.
Speaker 1: C really not minding the after taste flavor, but it just feels more like a chickpea chip after taste, that's the thing. And it does like a breakfast cereal, like it's just a taste that you have to I think over time you'd get used to it. Like if I was gluten free and this is all I could eat, then you can use that and then you'd be like, oh, Okay, it's not that bad.
Speaker 2: Really good effort wishing grads. I mean, it's good you know what, for people that need to eat this way, I get it. But thankfully, at this stage of my life, I don't need to eat gluten free or less sugar or any of that. I'm still just a fat bastard and I'm not dying yet.
Speaker 1: I will say the chocolate ones, you did a great job on the actual chocolate.
Speaker 2: For the first five seconds. The chocolate flavors there. It absolutely is, but again it's covering up the other stuff. And once the chocolate's washed away, I'd.
Speaker 1: Be interested trying like a honey three wishes they have it, they do, I think so. I think there's a yellow box. We've tried a few of them.
Speaker 2: If you check out Serial KILLERSPC dot com and just do the lilttle pull down dab, you can search three wishes.
Speaker 1: I think if you could make put frosted miniwets this golden honey on these three wishes, I think that would be a good taste to me. Okay, because I think honey and chick pea can go well together.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to filter by brand right now, and let's see if Newman did it with a tea or with a three Well, you never Here's three wishes Okay, so we've tried just frosted grain free chocolate covered strawberry, remember when that one came out for Valentine's Day or whatever a couple of years ago. Then cocoa and fruity, and the one that we like the most, just the regular frosted. That one we give a collective three bowl, three spoon. Yeah, three balls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: Are you good?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not midway through, so I'm gonna give this one two balls in a spoon just like you.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's it's middle of the road. It's not bad. Okay said, it's not bad. And considering how like gluten free sugar all those, I'm just so happy they don't use stevia because that would have been right.
Speaker 2: Like, if your name is Garrett and you're gluten free and diabetic, this is probably a good cereal for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And honestly, it's like, I really wouldn't eat this over the Golden Honey. We could have had Garrett on in this episode. Finally, we could have couldn't because frost in mini weeks, but he could have been a special guest on this one. Too bad.
Speaker 2: He's gone for the day, all right, So anyway, thank you so much for listening to Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Have a wonderful safe holiday tomorrow. Yes, don't blow any body parts here. I'm sure it'll come up in bowl chat this week. Why because it's the number one day for accidents. That's two days from now. We have a ball chat. I'm sure we will, and I hope I have all ten of my fingers when we record them. I'm sure you will. I don't know. I got sparklers, all right, So if you burned your hand off with sparklers, well sometimes the metal ones they get really hot. Yeah, but knowing you, you'd be like, yeah, yeah, I'll have to wear a lead glove, you know, that's what.
Speaker 2: Don't burn my hand. Thanks for listening to Serial Killers. We'll see you on Wednesday, hopefully with a boll chat. And follow us on socials that's Serial Killers PC and check out the website. You can see the cereal ratings there too, serial killerspc dot com. We need new me to freshen that up a little bit, like maybe like some kind of tic tac toe with like loops and flakes or something like that. I don't know, just like game to pass the time, you know, I see someone sitting on a plane. This is such serial.
Speaker 1: Killers old school website idea, Like you want to go back to AOL where it's like I clicked the games tab. Yeah, I'm gonna spend all day saying the world Wide Web.
Speaker 2: Yes, it just makes you HTTP call them backslash, backslash serial killers.
Speaker 1: Should we start sending out CDs for free trials of the Internet?
Speaker 2: I think so, okay, bye, everybody say crunch Andrew, Crunch.
Speaker 1: You don't remember CDs for Internet. Floppy disc, it's a flappy disc. I know what a floppy disk is, but I never understood the rigid ones were floppy, but the floppy ones were floppy before that. You don't know the floppy floppies. I don't. Floppy floppies were bigger than those, and it was a big old thing. It was actually floppy.
Speaker 2: The ones that replaced that were rigid and you couldn't flop them or you'd crack them. The floppy ones you could flop.
Speaker 1: Just say FI