Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and Getty enough he.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and yetty counties.
Speaker 3: El said one of the primary zero of fifteen, zero of fifteen with the lowest share of college degrees. Ergo, he did not win in those working class areas.
Speaker 1: Where he did win.
Speaker 3: He won thirteen of the fifteen counties with the highest share of college degrees. So you're thinking about Democrats having real trouble amongst the working class. Else had support came dramatically from those areas. In fact, not where there is working class folks, but where there are highly educated folks, more from elite circles than from the working class circles. And I think there's real worries among Democrats. Well, will that answer over to the general election and ELSA continue to have the problems that prior Democrats have had with the working class.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is pretty darned interesting. So you're out there with the whole affordability people can't afford the rent thing, and you win the most educated counties and lose the working class. As el sayad up there in Michigan.
Speaker 1: Who's full most a clean sweeping both directions, that's striking.
Speaker 2: The full title is doctor Abdullah Rahman Mohammad el Sayad. That's his full name. That's quite a name.
Speaker 1: Sorry I got your name wrong, Mohammad and uh yeah.
Speaker 2: So is that the downwardly mobile, over educated affordabilities of the issue because they thought their fancy degree was going to open up the door to a life of pleasure and it has not.
Speaker 4: I think that's a lot of it. It's funny we kicked off the earth. We ended our one of the show with a quote from C. S. Lewis from That Hideous Strength about how if you're trying to start a ratic gly ideology, you're not gonna get the working people. Their lives are much more practical and they're worried about, you know, the basics of life. It's the intellectuals, the educated that you can get with your crazy ass ideas. They're reading the highbrows stuff. They'll believe anything, So.
Speaker 2: I was asking I mentioned earlier in the show. Listen to hour one of the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. I spent a fair amount of time watching one of those Assan Piker twitch casts last night and figuring out what his whole deal is. He's got it, He's got the entertainment gene, there's no doubt about it. And he's a super smart guy. His politics are really inflammatory, which a lot of people really really like. But anyway, so I was wondering, is this LSI ED guy gonna have to disston him, distance himself from asan piker. He was on stage with him the night before the election, but I thought, when the general election comes, he can't be anywhere near this guy. Well, so far that doesn't seem to be the case. And then I thought, are any of the other major Democratic candidate's gonna want to stand on stage with else? Iad Gavin Newsom signed up immediately. As soon as the dust settled. Wednesday morning, Gavin Newsom amount announced he's prepared to head to Michigan for a multi day campaigning swing supporting the Democratic ticket. Like today, response to that in The New York posts from John Fleischman, who writes, Gavin Newsham's gazz.
Speaker 1: It having an or Gavin, you can do it. You can do it?
Speaker 4: Not sure again. You should see his face, folks, he's given up. That was the face of despair, he laughed.
Speaker 1: I laughed.
Speaker 2: I got that feeling. I figot that feeling like when you're on the golf course some days and you think maybe I should just go home, try again tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You're not even mad, not right, Yeah, you just.
Speaker 2: You know what, am I gonna put another ball down and jack another one out of the bounce of this? Okay, here we go. Gavin Newsom's rush to embrace abdul l Saad makes me sick to my stomach, wrote John Fleischman in his New York post piece, because of all the things that this guy has said. And Kim Burley Strassele of The Wall Street Journal also writing about this today, can Democrats resist socialism? And she she says this, I don't know if it's true or not, though she said behind the scenes, the Democrats' biggest names are now fully screwed. That's what I thought too, But I'm afraid that might not happen. They all need to go to Michigan now and through the fall to campaign for the whole ticket, including in the governor's race. But when they show up, what if fact clown Hassan Piker is there. Can you imagine Michelle Obama or Bill Clinton in the backstage green room before a rally with Hassan Piker and Abdul Piker's live streaming some of his crazy stuff, he says over in the corner, which he does. He live streams live from green rooms. He did that just the other n eye. We all get the test of it this weekend when Gavin Newsom is supposed to campaign throughout a Wolverine state with the Democrats. Is do you think El Saad's gonna say to Piker? I mentioned this yesterday, Like, dude, we all know we got to tone it down just a little bit now for the general election. So don't be on stage, don't be in the green room, and then you and I back together as soon as we win this thing. Do you think it's gonna be that? Because seriously, Michelle Obama can't be in a room with the guy standing over in the corner. I watched him last night. I know the sight of stuff.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the home of.
Speaker 2: Antifa, you m Effers. I mean, she can't be hanging around that guy.
Speaker 1: Well, probably not.
Speaker 4: But the one thing they can count on is the blind eye being turned by the media because they start with conclusions and then pick evidence as opposed to real journalism either way. I winted out that halfwin running for governor of Wisconsin. The fact checker at one of the major Milwaukee journal or one of your major news guys in Wisconsin responded to the fact that she said disband the Senate or end the Senate when her campaign said she's never said that. He said, nah, I'm not going to fact check that because it was only once, and you know, so, yeah, you cannot underestimate their willingness to ignore the truth.
Speaker 2: Another little bit and then I will shut up. This is from Mark Alprin's newsletter today, fits exactly with my experience last night watching a Son Piker. I thought, no country for old men. My time is past. I don't even understand the way this new young generation of socialists communicates to each other. I was watching his podcast and it's just a different animal than anything I've ever been around. And so in Mark Alprin writing today, I've been studying these folks. Socialism's most enthusiastic promoters are quick and clever, comparatively well educated, very online. Their talent lies primarily in media, having been immersed in it from birth, which you know nothing I can do about that. I wasn't obviously the Internet. It's apps, it's entertainment, it's information flow. They know all about how people get and absorb a feeling and impression. They know how to produce a sensation as opposed to a thought. One of the great tricks in life is to have a talent suited to your times. And they do.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's good, good writing.
Speaker 2: Damn right. It is well described. And that's what I got from er right, that's what I got from Piker vibes. A sensation. That's what they're good at communicating. And that crowd that takes in all that stuff, they don't even that's all they care about. How do you combat that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Oh boy, oh boy. All right.
Speaker 4: So on a practical level, here's what Gavin Newsom is thinking. He's absolutely turgid the presidency, absolutely hot to trot for the White House. He wants the White House way more than he's ever wanted, say his best friend's wife, so want too soon.
Speaker 2: So we're all human, we all fall short sometimes.
Speaker 4: You know, you're right, Kevin, You're right. I shouldn't have gone there. I apologize. So anyway, he sees the young energized college socialist Hassan Piker crowd as part of the coalition, he has to have to be the president probably, so he's going to and this is politics ABC one two three. I have a slightly more interesting point to come, so stay tuned. So you know he's trying to capture that energy, be seen as part of it, and then when he feels like those people are more or less in his pocket, he'll be more serious about courting other parts of the coalition without offending them. I mean, what does he have in common with Hassan Piker and Abdul Mohammad al Saied, Actually nothing but the lust for power. More interesting, though, I think, is what the mainstream Democrats are thinking about this guy else I had and people like him. I remember talking to a couple of different I think they were both Congress people about during the Tea Party movement where some of them, not the dopes that got nominated, that really really just ruined a lot of things, including conservatism, but some of the really good legit. I'm a fiscal conservative. I'm riding this energy. I'm going to get to office and I'm going to fix our screwed up spending and our deficits and our entitlements and stuff.
Speaker 1: When they got to Washington, d C.
Speaker 4: The actual power there neutralized them, co opted them, and tried to neuter them, tried to tame them, turn them from a you know what would the analogy be, from an attack dog to a fat labradoritory for laying around the sofa. And that's what the Democrats are desperate to do with these jazzed up socialists is get them elected, get the state, then co opt them. And if they can't co opt them, they'll decap them. They'll they'll find a way to get rid of them, or undermine them more, or what have you. It's like Kamala's great skill is stabbing people on her side in the back, and they're pretty good at that. So I have a feeling that's what the mainstream is thinking about these people. But you know, that mistake has been made many times. I gave the example of Germany, you know, between the World Wars, the conservatives thought, yeah, those Nazis are nut chobs, but man, they've got a lot of folks on their side.
Speaker 1: Let's go ahead and bring them under the tent and then we'll co opt them.
Speaker 2: We know how that one This Piker dude and his talents that match the times for a certain crowd that I don't understand. I don't know if he has any interest in toning it down to help people get elected. He might just be I'm in it for me. My crowd loves me throwing out crazy crap, and I'm going to keep.
Speaker 1: Doing it, I suspect.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, then how are you Barack Obama on stage with Hassan Piker standing ten feet away from me?
Speaker 4: Again, You'll never hear about it except on the right side of the aisle, So you're immune.
Speaker 1: It's like a superpower.
Speaker 4: Speaking of which, a quick word from our friends at Incogny. I knew there were data brokers online that had like all of my information from address to kids' names, to you know, medical conditions, how you vote, I mean, but I didn't realize there are thousands of them and getting all of them to take your injury, your I'm reading while I'm talking, to take your information off their sites? Would he just mind bogglingly time consuming. That's why you have incognity do it for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. A lot of sites you go to, you know, they end up grabbing your information and all that fine print and then they can sell your information. Lots of people buy your information. It's for sale all over the place, and people will keep buying it over and over until you make them stop. And that's what Cognity does. They automatically remove your personal information from hundreds of data brokers and people search sites. They send the legal removal requests, they follow up and keep monitoring so your info stays off the lists.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, it's really a good service and it's affordable too. Go to in cognity dot com slash armstrong right now for sixty percent off. That's in cognity dot com slash armstrong. I n cog n I in cognity dot com slash armstrong. Take your private life off the market.
Speaker 2: I have been in the entertainment business my entire adult life, and I watch the new modern entertainment for young people and I just try to figure out what's the appeal here. People I know my age just that sucks. Okay, well it doesn't suck to them. They like it, and I'm trying to figure out what the appeal is and I just can't. I mean, my kids show me means sometimes online. That was fifteen seconds of nothing. I can't even imagine what grabbed you there.
Speaker 1: I have a theory. Some might call it hair brained.
Speaker 4: But I will share it with you after the break. I think, I know, I'd love to know, and I think it explains a lot.
Speaker 2: Okay, that and other stuff on the way, stay here, you're just tuning in very short version. I watched some of Hassan Piker's Twitch feed last night. He's the young influencer that's played such a big role in lefty politics right now, and not the politics of it, just the style of entertainment is like a lot of young stuff out there now. It's just I don't get it at all. I don't understand how it works, but the young crowd loves it. It's like the way my kids love all this different meme stuff and joke stuff they show me, and it's all super fast and banged bang and and just seems so all over the place to me. I don't even know how you're up your head around it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think part of the reason for that.
Speaker 4: And Pike here, if you don't know, he's a blood thirsty communist, Islamist, populist shock jockey presence. But yeah, the structure I've seen just a couple of that sort of thing. And and the structure of it's so weird, because as Jack described it earlier, it's very like unstructured and rambling, and sometimes they're off mike or don't say much at all for a while, or look at comments and just read them, or just respond to them without reading them.
Speaker 1: And it's very weird.
Speaker 2: With the sense that the audience is doing the same thing, that you're all just kind of staring at screens, hanging out together in different yas.
Speaker 4: I think that's that's the most of the answer is nobody in that generation is in the moment. They're always doing multiple things at once. The two screen experience, whatever we've we've talked about it made me insane at first. My daughter would be visiting us and we'd decide to watch a beloved movie together and I'd look over and like, immediately from the beginning, she's on her phone doing something. I'm like, I thought we were gonna watch the movie, and I am. I am watching it. And so the structure of the show, or the lack of structure, really lends itself to I'm looking at two or three screens, I'm scrolling, I'm flipping I'm texting, and during the lulls, I'm doing activities B and C. When you start screeching about the efing blood of fing capitalists running through the streets, now I'm on you.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, that's good stuff. And then you know, then I go back to the other thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't want to be knee jerk.
Speaker 1: Oh, and it's making them insane and anxious, by the way, too, I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to be knee jerk critical of that lifestyle because you know, times change, I guess. But the I don't go out with my friends, I don't need to because I get that Maslow's hierarchy of needs belonging thing filled by having my screen open, a loan in my apartment and a bunch of people on there. So that fills that need for me. So it doesn't force me drive me like it did me as a young person out of my apartment to a bar or a golf place with friends or whatever, because you needed the companionship and you couldn't get any other way. Now everybody just hangs out together in screens in different rooms, and that's what that a guy like a san piker does, And then you know, throws off the occasional political blast, and people think it's funny or interesting, right, right, right.
Speaker 4: And I get you're not wanting to be knee jerk about these sort of things. I'm much more interested in understanding things than merely judging them. But that doesn't mean you have to suspend your judgment completely.
Speaker 1: If something's unhealthy.
Speaker 2: It's unhealthy, so it's definitely bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, And I wasn't accusing you of that. I was just kind of new to it through.
Speaker 2: I just don't know if there's any stopping it or changing.
Speaker 1: All there is is influencing the people close to you, helping them understand what their choices are doing to them, you know, until they're fully emancipated and older. Then if they come to you and ask, you might tell them, or if you'd like to drive a wedge between you and them, you'll just keep it going as when they're adults. Anyway.
Speaker 2: That's I was on a walk with my sixteen year old the other night and I said one more thing that I promise I'll start stop lecturing, because we were on a walk and I was on like topic three of dad advice.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, well, you know.
Speaker 2: You get their ear not that often, So I got your ear.
Speaker 4: Wow, Yeah, I wish I'd been better at picking my spots back in the day. Well, by the time you know what you're doing, it's over anyway. Oh man, I've got a really important and heavy topic. I'm trying to decide if I can know.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about today at some point maybe next segment, at least a little bit, perhaps the most important date in my life. So I will throw that out there a little bit and a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 1: Just stay here, Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 2: So today is August seventh that we're recording this. If you're listening to the podcast, and every August seventh for the past nineteen years, I guess would be the math. I've mentioned this because this is the twenty year anniversary of me no longer drinking alcohol as an alcoholic, and I mentioned it for a variety of reasons, including often people reach out who say they heard that, and then they make an effort to quit drinking and have some success with it. But I was just thinking about how I'm amazed that twenty years into this, I don't feel like there's a whole lot more known about addiction than there was twenty years ago when I first started thinking about it. Wonder while we're making so little progress on that.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's an interesting point.
Speaker 2: And one of the reasons is I don't have any idea. I know quite a bit about alcoholics and alcoholism. I think, just from experience of being around hundreds, maybe four figures worth of alcoholics, I probably spent more time this week counseling other alcoholics who are new than I did on my job. I do it all the time. The amount of time I spend on the phone or in person with people lots and lots and lots of hours. It is a well known thing that that's the way you stay sober. Helping other people try to stay sober is what That's why you do it. It keeps you sober. So that's the way it works. But so I spent a lot of time talking to people, and particularly this week, some people in some really bad life situations. But it's amazing to me how little is known. Like I said, I know something about alcoholics and alcoholism. I don't have any knowledge as to whether that transfers or not to overeating or gambling or being a meth head. I don't have the slightest idea. I'm not a scientist, I'm not anything else. All I know is this, But I'm just surprised we haven't gotten further since it's quite a scourge, as we've all noticed for a lot of our cities, mostly drug addiction, although most drug addicts also drink.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the only thing that pops into my mind is with the GLP one drugs that eliminate the quote unquote food noise in your head thinking yeah, I to eat, I ought to eat have helped a lot of people with alcohol noise, whether they quote unquote needed help or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The problem.
Speaker 4: I wonder if we're moving toward understanding those neurological triggers better.
Speaker 2: I hope so. And I don't claim to know anything, but I do know that all the people I talk to, almost all the people I talk to, new people different, you're new, you're still wanting to drink. Almost everybody I talk to on a regular basis they don't have any alcohol noise at all. The problem is the reason you're an alcoholic because you can't handle life and you need some way to deal with life. It's not the craving for alcohol, it's the I can't handle this situation, I'm gonna lose my freaking mind, and so having the noise about alcohol go away wouldn't make any difference to me. I still work on my alcoholism every day. I put more time into that than practically anything I do every day. And it's not because I want to drink. It's because life is difficult and I have to have a figure out a way to deal with life.
Speaker 4: I think that runs counter to what ninety percent of people think. I know alcoholism is.
Speaker 2: I know it is. That's why I want to talk about it. Yeah, that's why I want to talk about it. And it's also why I don't know how that applies to heroin. For instance, the vast majority of people, like something like ninety plus percent of people drink and are never alcoholics. From what I understand, if I I did heroin every day, I would be a heroin addict very quickly, and it's just the thing. And then from heroin addicts I know deal with the physical craving of opioid, opioids, opioids or whatever a heroine is for the rest of their lives. The same with nicotine. People I've known who are nicotine addicts deal with the nicotine addiction the rest of their life. I haven't had a desire to drink any alcohol in nineteen years and eight months. I know the day. But so like my mom could become a heroin addict this weekend, I think I don't think she could become an alcoholic. So, like I said, I don't know anything other than I think those things are true, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Know why well.
Speaker 4: And I'm thinking about a couple of people I've known who had serious compulsive eating problems, and that was about control and a little bit of pleasure as the world overwhelmed them.
Speaker 1: So where does that fit?
Speaker 2: Maybe food? It's closer to alcohol than it is heroin. I don't have any idea. I don't claim to ever have any idea about anything other than I do know something about alcoholism, and I can be of some help with that. But I have nothing I can offer for anything else because I don't know, and neither does doesn't seem to be anybody else does either. I know that rehabs for all these people and all these drugs on the street work almost never. I also know they'll work almost never for alcoholics too, But they work almost never, So we haven't figured it out. It should be nice if we did. I know people who have addicted sisters, brothers, kids, parents would give anything in the world for some sort of solution and can't find one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, including people with unlimited money. Right. Don't think Matthew Perry wanted to not be dead in a hot of.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, I don't think. I'm not sure he wanted to quit so that I was about to get there. The key to the whole thing is wanting to quit more than anything else. And most people, in my experience, I don't know about most, and I certainly again, I can't speak for anything else other than I've been around a lot of drunks. There's lots and lots and lots of people that think they want to quit, or claim they want to quit, or even are saying to themselves, I want to quit, but they don't really really want to quit. And that's the problem. Until you really really want to quit doing what you're doing, it ain't gonna happen. That's that old joke about the you know how many psychiatrists to change attire one but he has to really want to change, you know that that whole thing, And and I don't know how you get there either. I thought I wanted to quit for a long time, but I didn't really really want to quit until I did. How you cross that line, how you give that to somebody? How you get there? No idea.
Speaker 4: Wow, but I was ready to write down the conclusions you're going to give us.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wish I had to answer it. I wish I had the answer in case, in case my kids ever need the answer, or people haven't been talking to. In the last couple of weeks, I've seen people blow up their lives. I've seen people I know. I know several people that have died. I know a guy who hung himself. I know a guy who set himself on fire. I got lots of stories like that.
Speaker 1: Yikes, yikes, yikes.
Speaker 2: Including people. The guy who hung himself had been sober for a dozen years. The guy who set himself on fire had been sober for like twenty years. It never ends once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic again, Is that true for hern addicts or people who eat too much? No idea. I have no knowledge of that, and I don't claim I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, talking about how much you wish you had those answers, I remember, God, I feel it in my stomach right now. When we got to Vancouver, Judy and I have for our vacation to launch on our lovely cruise.
Speaker 1: Now, this was like a couple of weeks ago. You don't know, harp what gladys?
Speaker 2: You know? You know who drinks? Oh boy, she might. Do you need to do the twenty questions? Gladys? Have you ever seen the twenty questions you ask yourself about if you're not part of her?
Speaker 4: Harp hollowed out stamp and there's got snops drinks. That's even funny, that's perfect, that's a good one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But so there we were rolling in our ride to the hotel and there are these young people shooting up on the pavement right on the main drag and I mean I saw a needle go in arm and as we were stopping a stoplight, and oh my god, they were young, yeah, and watching somebody on not every slope is slippery, but that one is watching them on the slippery slope towards self destruction. And looking at their faces, I could tell they thought they were cool and they were a hip and they were a little dangerous and they're exploring life, and.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. It made me sick. Yeah, it looked like my kids.
Speaker 2: Really right, As I tell my kids, particularly my oldest son, that started as a good time whenever they started this with something else, probably as a good time as a party, and it ain't now. Yeah, and they're in a bad spot. Yeah don't. I don't, Like I said fifteen times already, I have no answer for what we do with that part of the world of addiction. Again, I'm just shocked. Do they throw lots of money at studying this and it's just really hard to unravel with the human mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean, can you imagine the amount of money that could be made if you actually had the answers?
Speaker 2: Well, the obviously much Obviously you've got the psychological aspect, then you've got the physical aspect. If you physically need heroin to not be sick, it doesn't even matter what your psychological needs are. You physically need to take it or you're going to be shaking and throwing up and you know, bugs crawling on you.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But then if you got if you've got the psychological need to deal with wife, what fixes that exactly?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: I think of Keith Richards, for instance, the Rolling Stones guitarist who got cleaned many times and sometimes for extended periods, and his life is better, his band was better, everything was better about it. Then he went back on heroin. I don't.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, almost everybody I know who went back to doing it drinking, because that's my only topic. Their lives are going much better.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Well it's that's that's the that's the crazy thing. I have a friend who likes to anthropomorphize the idea of alcoholism, and it's the way I look at it too. It is like a person in my brain who wants to kill me. And on a daily basis, Oh, this is this person's kind of slow here getting your food at the restaurant, aren't they Well that's kind of maddening, isn't it. Why is it taking them so long? Just it knows the things that get to me? Or why ex wife, what'd she say the other day? You're just needling me, looking for my weak points, knows the things that piss me off and trying to get in to the position where finally I'll give it and then it's yes, I find myself. We got him to drink again. We're back, baby. That's what the alcoholism is doing in my brain in my belief.
Speaker 1: Wow, how interesting.
Speaker 2: Looking for that thing. I know this, Oh, I know this one bothers you. That's what you got to find a way to ignore those things that bother you.
Speaker 1: What was that acronym?
Speaker 4: I remember you told me once about when alcoholics are most at risk.
Speaker 1: It's all one of them.
Speaker 2: Halt, hungry, angry, lonely, tired. Yeah, four letters, any of those four? If you got all four of those, I had one. I had one a week ago. I'm not proud of this. This almost never happens to me anymore. Used to happen to me all the time. This almost never happens anymore. But I think I had all four of them, going hungry, angry, lonely, tired. And a guy at the bank, the teller at the bank, was not doing something as quickly as I thought he should be, and I made a rude comment to him, and then I had to go back and to apologize to him afterwards. I had to go back because that's sort of thing alcoholics have to do, Otherwise that'll torture me laying in bed tonight that I said something rude to this dude when all he was doing was doing his job. But it was because I had the angry, angry, lonely, tired go and the alcoholism on brain was saying, don't put up with this. You don't have to put up with this.
Speaker 1: Wow wownah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, when things are going well, which is almost always now and for quite a long time, it's effortless. Not drinking is the easy thing I do every day for nineteen plus years. That is effortless. Thank God that some said living life is still hard. Okay, dealing with life is still hard, and I think it's hard. I think I believe now this is not known. Now I'm now I'm into opinion. The other things I said are based mostly on enough experience that they're practically fact. Here's something that nobody knows for sure. I think you're born an alcohol It's something in your brain or body that's different than other people that reacts differently to alcoholic alcohol emotionally and physically. So that's you either are you aren't. That's why I think Donald Trump, his brother died of alcoholism. I think Donald Trump's an alcoholic. I think he's an alcol who doesn't drink. He's got all the behaviors. But what was my point. I had a point as going, Oh so alcoholics because of the way they're built. You know, how easily butt hurt and angry, trump can get set off and all these different things. Alcoholics, that's the way we live our lives. And for a while alcohol works as a solution to that dealing with life, but then it stops because you just need more and more and more and you got to find something else or you're you're in a bad shape. But that you know, that doesn't necessarily go away, but there are ways to treat it. And I won't get into any of all that where it makes life pretty easy most of the time. The moments where I'm angry at the bank teller are few and far between. Life is so much easier for me now than it was twenty years ago or ten years ago or whatever. But that's the key, is to keep the annoyance of living down and then you don't have to worry about wanting to drink or do anything else.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's good advice, no matter whether you're an alcoholic or not.
Speaker 2: I just think alcohol I don't know that, but I think alcoholics are particularly easily annoyed by life.
Speaker 1: Wow, I was born annoyed.
Speaker 2: So I grew up with two normal parents. Both of them are just it's so easy for them to just accept things. Well, that's the way that guy is, or that's the way this situation is, or this will be a long line or whatever. That's just the way they are, which is stressed picturing. I watched that like a like a like an animal to a zoo, Like what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the strange customs those people have.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I hope that was either interesting or helpful to someone. You can quit, that's my message. Okay, more on the way, stay here.
Speaker 5: Some business news. After Chipotle Sellijapanos during the concerns about salmonella, Kudova did the same thing. It makes sense because you do, but gets their jalopanios from the dumpster behind you both?
Speaker 1: What the what?
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, following the Lettuce parasite outbreak, Salad and Go has filed for bankruptcy. Salad and Go pretty much explains the outbreak.
Speaker 1: Does that? Oh childish?
Speaker 2: So I won't reset what we were talking about. We did have a member of the staff say, what about chronic masturbation? I also don't know much about that. Well, I know something about it. I don't know about carrying it. I don't know about fixing the problem. But I'm a anyway about expertise to give you a little insight into what it's like to be a semi public figure or whatever. We are lots of responses on the text line, lots of really nice ones and various people that are walking the same trudging the same path of happy destiny that I am. With congratulations and that sort of thing. But we and this one. Oh my god, thank you Jack. You really spoke to me about alcoholism. You may have saved my life. God bless you.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Nice also God. Several along these lines, this is a good one. Jack who gives an F exclamation point, So there's yeah, there's that crown, you know, a fair counterpoint. Got a F you nobody made you drink? Got one of those, so you know that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 4: I I have wonder if I know I have some suspects for my descent those.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting about this and this is the here anything I did that made myself sound better here, and let me say something that will make me sound worse. I don't get other people's addictions and stuff. I don't get them at all. You eat too much stuff, eating so much, you gamble your money away and you got family. Stop gambling. What's the what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: For cre What are you stupid?
Speaker 2: So I don't get I don't get other people's problems.
Speaker 4: Well, if you wanted to, you know, rub a little dirt on your new white suit, you sure did right there. So wow, that's famulous. So next hour, Yes, we do a fourth hour. Many folks don't get the fourth hour on the radio.
Speaker 1: If you don't or.
Speaker 4: You can't, or you gotta go to work or whatever, gravit five podcasts. Subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand. It'll auto download, listen at your leisure. I want to talk about an aspect of Islam in the West. At least I thought that's what I wanted to talk about.
Speaker 1: But in trying to make.
Speaker 4: Sure I had nailed down the truth of what I thought, I came across a road block of information, a censorship of information that I found very, very, at least.
Speaker 1: As interesting is the thing.
Speaker 2: I thought.
Speaker 4: I was going to talk about, how hard media, from Wikipedia to your mainstream media to Google to AI, how hard they make it to find something that is perfectly appropriate to look for.
Speaker 2: You don't like it, that's troubling, So we got that coming up. If you missed a segment of the podcast or I'm Strong and Getting on demand Armstrong and Getty