Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Will be hit.
Speaker 3: I'm propping, Yeah, she popping the ass. Hey, I'm ticking in the cash. Yeah, I'm showing in Donald's.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She watching him grass.
Speaker 4: Yay. She sucking my dick. Yeah, she's sucking my dick.
Speaker 2: Yay.
Speaker 3: She grabbing my balls. Yay, she nugs my ship. I don't even care you why. I don't even care ass to fact that pussy overtight. I don't even care who. I don't give a fuck you bad. I don't even care you trying me for I might pay you cash. Hey, fucking esteeming nigga, fucking I mean.
Speaker 5: Putting up it wrong, And we're back the sick cast. I feel like everyone has been sick for the last two weeks. No one can shake any of these flues of about fifty ginger shots deep over the last two weeks.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what to do anymore.
Speaker 1: So good, don't worry about it. Told you the Mono Warrior, man, it's probably little Mono.
Speaker 6: I don't think I've ever had mono, honestly.
Speaker 2: Okay, really, you got out of it clean, got the.
Speaker 5: New k Yeah, I dog born nineteen ninety I was at the height of Mono. Oh shit, like when when we started figuring out what kissing was, I know was at its peak like it was. Yeah, it was definitely Mono nineteen at that point.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully everybody starts to feel a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Do remember that our first episode, Rory Yes, Rory Mal Don't Know Ball with our first guest, Adam pac Man Jones, is available now.
Speaker 2: Yes, shout out to Adam pac Man Jones for joining us.
Speaker 5: One of my one of my favorite defensive backs and punt returners of all time.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite personalities as well on and off the fields.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun talking to him. A lot of a lot of a lot of bumps and turns and that was a roller coaster, but we got through it.
Speaker 2: Shout out to pac Man Jones.
Speaker 5: He was a great guest, especially on Zoom and him being at a golf store with a golf simulator be at what else would he be but a golf a golf store.
Speaker 6: But I thought it was a really cool first episode.
Speaker 5: For those that don't know, we are launching a new show on our same YouTube platform, same audio platform, Roy Maul Don't Know Ball, where we talk with some of our favorite people from the sports world about music, topics, some some sports stuff that we'll try to learn on, but not We're not going to give you some skip takes. We are staying within our wheelhouse with music. Pac Man Jones said that Future needs to thank Young Thug, and I just had to sit down one out because I'm not from Atlanta, but I started doing the math in real time. I just don't that might have been the craziest music take.
Speaker 2: I mean, but if maybe it wasn't just about music.
Speaker 5: It's kind of funny because after we were pitching the show and shout out to the volume, we had said over the years the worst and craziest music takes we've gotten from people ended up being athletes. How we came up with this concept and off the first first episode, Pacman Jones says that Future, oh Young Thug, thank you.
Speaker 1: I mean, but again, I'm thinking maybe it may be personal. It might not be maybe a music basis, like you're thinking, maybe.
Speaker 6: We were asking maybe questions though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just like the Future been out ten years before Thug was even a round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but still Thug my bafluence staff from you know what I mean, from behind the scenes though, Like I don't even want to get in the studio yet, but you should.
Speaker 5: Future was in the basement with Andre three thousand and Big Boy in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Doug maybe oucaves gotta think Doug too. We don't know. It could be a deep dalk a criminal link.
Speaker 5: And you know what's funny now that I think about it, emyb, when everyone got really pissed off, you know when three Stacks comes out of the woodwork every so many years through interviews, he had said at Fife's funeral, when he was speaking and in some publication that Thug was his favorite artist. Like everyone thought he was about to shot on Thug. He's like, now it's my to me. That's defines Atlanta Go, you're onto something.
Speaker 2: So pac Man was right. Thank them at.
Speaker 6: Aliens all the Futures catalog, Doug was a kid in.
Speaker 1: There somewhere, somewhere along the line. Thug is in that story. But our first episode of Don't Know Rory Maul, Don't Know Ball with Adam pac Man Jones is available now.
Speaker 5: And My Car was beautiful with Day twenty six. Yeah, incredible performance.
Speaker 2: Thanks to the guys for coming through.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: That was a dope performance. Impromptu singing by the by the sink because we also acoustics sound great at sink.
Speaker 5: Peas were shedding tears watching that he was watching on repeat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they went crazy. That was fun.
Speaker 5: Shout out to the guys. Loved our conversation with them as well. Shout day twenty six. Did you ever go to the show that week?
Speaker 2: I was at AH. I didn't make it to that show at what was it at? It was at SLB two nights. Yeah, no, did I didn't make it out. I'm gonna catch them.
Speaker 1: I am gonna catch them live because I've never seen them live, so I do want to make sure I catch him live. Also gonna catch Shout out to Sean Stockman for he sent my sister some tickets to catch Boys to Men live down at the MGM grand I think.
Speaker 2: I believe in DC.
Speaker 4: I believe.
Speaker 1: I believe it was that I can't remember, but Sean, thank you, my brother for looking out for my family. They said the show was amazing, and they all said that I have to catch the show. So I'm gonna fly out one of these days to whatever city Boys to Men is in and catch one of their shows.
Speaker 5: One of my homegirls was in Vegas and I put this photo in the recording chat, like two or three days ago she went to go see a new addition in Vegas? Right, did y'all see the meet and greet photo?
Speaker 2: Pege?
Speaker 5: I don't know if there's a way that we can blur her face when we put it up on the screen.
Speaker 1: All right, So why is BBD on one side? Why is Well, there's a guy that replaced Bobby Brown at one point and Bobby.
Speaker 6: You know, there's a lot of layers to this entire thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Did these niggas say hello to each other on the tour?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Did BBD and Johnny and Bobby speak to each other?
Speaker 5: I mean, I love that they they hey BD so much that Johnny and Bobby are cool with each other.
Speaker 6: Poison pissed them off that much?
Speaker 2: Okay, But what is the what is the point? What is the point of this though?
Speaker 1: Why are they why do they have the fans between something?
Speaker 5: And I don't know if it's a cleanliness thing, Like I never even saw this.
Speaker 2: You think this is a cleanliness thing.
Speaker 5: Even when we were doing shows, like right at the tail end of COVID, when it was still a little weird and you had to wear a mask, we were like shaking hands and hugging the fans. This is this isious, absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 2: What is going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I've never seen a why at this point, why I even do the meet and Greek?
Speaker 1: I mean concerned about germs and people being sick? Why even do the meet and Greek? That's a super question. Mark never seen no ship like.
Speaker 2: This, I haven't. I don't think they have to be separated.
Speaker 1: Like a hot pocket, you know, you put the hot pocket inside the sleeve and put it inside the microwave.
Speaker 2: Like, what is this?
Speaker 7: I don't even think this can't be for germs though there's no way that this is for germs because one sneeze and everybody is still getting Like.
Speaker 2: You think Bobby Brown is concerned about germs.
Speaker 7: I don't think there's germs at all. That's why I'm like, I don't know. Why are they married? But I don't want to touch anybody, like I don't understand married.
Speaker 2: Don't touch Eddie wasn't there.
Speaker 1: Don't do that because we just can't. We not we can't do that, but yeah, we can't. This is this is absolutely what is this?
Speaker 6: I don't know?
Speaker 5: And and she like one of her friends works for whatever that theater is, so she didn't like pay for the meet and greet. Her friend was just like, yo, you want to go meet all you want to meet a new addition? No, this is for the meeting greet. But she's like, yo, if you want to go meet new audition, like, I'll just put you next.
Speaker 2: To the meet and great, shit, we'll skip the line.
Speaker 5: And then she sent me because I was hyped for I was like, damn, you get to meet a new audition Like that'd be a dream for me.
Speaker 6: And then she sent me this photo. I'm like, you didn't meet new addition?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: This is why this is absolutely insane. First of all, that that young lady had to walk into that slot, walk past Johnny, Bobby, Ricky, Mike and Ronnie like and then like standing between a column.
Speaker 2: What's not like she came.
Speaker 1: From behind the step and repeat and just appeared she had to walk past them and then turn around and stand in that take a picture in the walk back?
Speaker 6: Do you think they did like the prison shit for the handshake?
Speaker 2: Had they might as well had?
Speaker 1: This is crazy and this is absolutely I just don't I don't get this at all.
Speaker 6: Do you think we should and where's Ralph. That's what I was wondering too.
Speaker 5: But once I saw Johnny and Bobby together, I was like, maybe that's all they needed.
Speaker 2: And they said, fuck Ralph, Well, is.
Speaker 1: That ralphie there with the special I thought that was Mike. Is that Mike or Ralph with the special on? That's not Ralph? Trust man, I don't know. It might be Ralph. Maybe Mike wasn't there. He looks but hyeah, this is crazy, though I would I would be highly upset if I went to pay money or go see a group that I love and this was the meet and green.
Speaker 6: Like and the standard that Chris Brown said.
Speaker 1: Is this something that the Encore theater in Vegas? Is this their COVID measures or I do not know are they still because in Vegas, I can promise you is not abiding by any COVID.
Speaker 6: Me and Jamarius were out there.
Speaker 2: There was not a ruin. I don't this is I don't know what this is.
Speaker 5: This is just like you can literally just pour alcohol and piss into the pool and just swim like so.
Speaker 2: This is not They're not this is this is not.
Speaker 1: I sense you on the group because I'm just trying to understand what is the what is the sense behind this, Like, I don't know, this makes zero sense to have a fan standing between two fucking glass columns like this, Like this is crazy.
Speaker 6: But what a way to do meet and greens?
Speaker 2: No, what a way?
Speaker 5: I just yeah, this is like that to my hotel in time, so I wouldn't be sick.
Speaker 7: Well, you don't know if they said hi 'or not, Like we don't know if any of that happened.
Speaker 6: She went in between the two.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not even my concern at this point. They at this point, you don't have to say hi. You got me standing in between two bulletproof of.
Speaker 5: Fucking like that's how they divide a bus drivers in New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is this is bro, This is crazy. I would be pissed off.
Speaker 1: If I paid money to go meet one of my favorite groups and this was the meat greet, I would be absolutely good. Nobody else on the internet is talking about this. No, I was shocked, so like, didn't she did know? She just sent it to me.
Speaker 5: It wasn't like she posted it where it could have went viral. But I mean she.
Speaker 2: Said the show was great. Wait, this girl sent this to you? Yeah, you know that girl in the middle. Yes, oh, okay, I didn't know that.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: I was just that her her friend works at the theater, and they all went. They went to Vegas and they were like, yo, if you guys want free passes to the new edition show, gotchah. So maybe I was jealous. I was like, damn, you gut to go see a new audition. Were just texting and she's like, yeah, I'm on my way now to go see. And then later that night she said she's like, yeah, they gave us backstage passes.
Speaker 1: Okay, so maybe maybe this is how they treat the non paying This is the non paying section, right, the.
Speaker 5: Guest list photos would be the funniest thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the non paying section, Like you could you could see us, but you can't greet us and meet us. You can see us, though, but this must be okay, all right, it makes sense. See I got more information now, Okay, cool, I understand it.
Speaker 2: New edition. Do y'all thing get your money? Man responded, This is nuts to me, but I think we should implement it. No, I can't. This is I would be laughing way too much.
Speaker 1: If I walked in somewhere and somebody came to meet and greet meat first of all, and I had to meet them through a fucking plexiglass.
Speaker 2: I would just be like, all right, man, I could have stayed home for this shit.
Speaker 5: Still never seen new addition, still never seen Boys to Men's.
Speaker 2: That's on my bucket list. Yeah, I need to do that.
Speaker 6: And so boyse men is on tour or they were doing something.
Speaker 1: They're on tour, they're on tour, they're moving around. I didn't look at the full the full schedule, but I did tell Sean that I would fly out somewhere and catch them somewhere on the road.
Speaker 5: So I saw a lot of people went correct me if I'm wrong. I believe it was the first set of Tyler shows that happened this past week. Yeah, all the footage looks really great, very similar to the rollout. But I mean, I definitely want to go see that Tyler show whenever he's in New York. But it looked great. I'm excited for some live performances this year. I didn't do it now as.
Speaker 1: One of the artists that I would go see Love, I would pay to go see Tyler.
Speaker 6: You guys know, I was festival poppy.
Speaker 5: I was going to all live shows the past two years with the baby, I have not been able to twenty twenty five. Once it gets a little warmer, I want to make it a thing to start going out to more live performances. I can't. I can't have Damars showed me up crying in front of Gunna like I got a top that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, why you always.
Speaker 7: Bring up the most embarrassing moments in my life.
Speaker 2: And just like people, we got to do that.
Speaker 1: You gotta bring your embarrassing moments and laugh again and again and again.
Speaker 5: Like if Tyler brings the Internet out, I'll cry. I'll even turn my WiFi off on my phone.
Speaker 8: See, at least I had a reason to cry.
Speaker 2: You didn't have a reason. Who was the reason?
Speaker 4: Way?
Speaker 5: You said that with confidence, like the reason to cry for Gunnar was something that all of us possessed.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm sorry. Like a man avoiding life in prison when he was.
Speaker 6: Not facing life, and he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Justify why he was upon life in prison.
Speaker 8: He was.
Speaker 7: He was fac in prison and he was able to get out. His mother was there, he was him. You don't know that.
Speaker 2: We do know that Gunna wasn't facing no prisons.
Speaker 6: They just didn't get bailed, so they would hope that he would play out or talk.
Speaker 7: And if they didn't give him bail, what they was just a actually gonna release him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Ok, they released the guy that was facing life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got it. So if you cried at Gunna show, what you're gonna do a thug show.
Speaker 8: I cried when Thug was released, Maria. I cried, No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: You cried because Mariah was up there happy and she was crying.
Speaker 2: You didn't cry his Thug was released.
Speaker 4: Don't do that.
Speaker 2: Don't try to paulay your emotions. Don't do that anyway. Exactly.
Speaker 7: I was happy for Gunn and his mom was there and his girl was there.
Speaker 8: He was happy, he was excited. Like, yeah, I was happy for him, all right.
Speaker 5: So I can't be happy if the Internet comes out and Steve Lacy can finally play music he likes.
Speaker 7: I mean, we cry over different things. We got different emotions, we're different humans.
Speaker 6: I cried. And when we had to do that TikTok shit for the little kids, he cried.
Speaker 2: Steve Lacy, you're too challenged. You don't need to do it. He had to do that fucking record. He was crying.
Speaker 6: Did you cry when Asap was free.
Speaker 8: I yes, I cheered. I was very happy. It's hear drop.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie man. First of all, First of all, before we get into it, before you start, ye'all gotta start, I know, before you before we get into it. Uh, definitely salute and congrats on winning the case being found not guilty. Asap Rocky was found not guilty on all charges in his case in California, So we wanted to send a salute and and and you know, congrats to him and his team on on that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, let's let's let's laugh a little bit though.
Speaker 5: Well, first I want to be somebody to admit we need to stop being lawyers on the internet and on podcasts. What I'm guilty of it all the time, we pretend to be experts on everything.
Speaker 6: We know absolutely nothing about a lawyer.
Speaker 2: We were.
Speaker 5: We were on Mike and definitely off Mike, I was like, Yo, it looks it, don't do that. It was a lot of us looking like damn, maybe Rocky should have taken that plea like risk. Why do we say that based off the information we.
Speaker 2: Had, based off the evidence the court had, based off the video on my own eyes, let's and I'm from Hall two. I'm happy. I'm happy for Rocky. Man, I'm not. I was free Rocky when saying that the case is over, let's talk some shit.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna rory whatever he was gonna say, salute, I'm gonna cut you shorty. Hey, Rocky, listen, man, you Because I watched the verdict, I sat there at six forty five, it said verdict coming at seven twenty. I was tying that into four twenty Cali time. I said, oh, they about to roll this thig up and smoke him four twenty. You know how, I'm looking at all of this shit.
Speaker 2: It looks crazy. I'm looking at it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh. Then it went it went to eight. I'm like, oh god, it's eight o'clock. They're forty minutes late. This much means they're like up into security measures outside the court room. I'm thinking all kind of shit. When they finally a white bronco out, Oh my god. When they finally showed that court room and I'm looking at Rocky and you see his shoulders like he breathing heavy, he praying, I'm like, oh shit, he don't think that he gonna be found not guilty because if you think that you're you're innocent, right you. It's a certain body language that I think that is natural. Yeah, you know, OJ had it? Who else had it? Thug had it?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: When you when you know that you're not guilty, it's a certain energy. Dahmer had it. It's a certain energy that you just exude. And when they paying the rocky before the verdict was read, and I'm looking at him and I'm seeing him breathe heavy.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing his breathing pick up.
Speaker 1: His shoulders is moving, and you can see the air going in his shoulders and out of his shoulders, and I'm like, damn.
Speaker 2: He nervous. Understandably.
Speaker 5: So if your last experience in prison was slipping on semen in the shower.
Speaker 1: You don't want to go back, would you be nervous? I would be terrified. So I'm like, damn. So I'm sitting there, I'm on the phone with some of the homies. I'm like, damn, man, I don't know, bro like this ship. I hope he's not guilty. I hope they find him guilty. But he don't look like he believed this shit right now. He looked like he nervous, he's scared. I'm like, so, you know, we're sitting there so as they're reading it, and the juror that read it, he knew the cadence. He knew to slow it down right before it. Once he said Rocky's name, he slowed down. I'm like this nigga playing game.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 1: It was almost like the lebron announced he was leaving to go to Miami. It was like, you don't slow it down if you not you know what I'm saying, Because it's innocent.
Speaker 2: It's like you get right to it. If you're innocent, you slow it down.
Speaker 1: If he's guilty, Like, damn, I don't want to read this verdict in Rocky know he going to jails.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh shit, I think he's guilty.
Speaker 5: Because that was the juror that was compromised and then where he has a basing last name.
Speaker 1: And then when they said not guilty, man, Rocky almost fainted. His knees gave out. He jumped over the front row like Martin when he was in court for that ticket, and he just hugged Grihanna and I was just like, damn, Like it was like okay, cool, he's not going to jail.
Speaker 2: But then as homies we got on the phone right and we was like, yo, listen, man. The defense was it was a prop gun that flew in court.
Speaker 6: And even the jurors were like, now, we thought it was a real good Like I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, wait, a prop gun flew that got the not guilty.
Speaker 5: Did you ever see that that first interview with Sammy the Bull, after he'd finished all that on Dateline, when he talked about like paying off jurors and compromising an entire jurney for John Gotti. If Rihanna ever gets jammed up for like some type of fenty money laundering shit whatever, if you know they're trafficking kids in Soaphora, that's gonna come out. Oh yeah, that Jerry was compromised. I mean, I love it though, listen. I spent listen the.
Speaker 1: Fact that that that Rocky is his home with his family free, not in prison.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Saluted great job to his team.
Speaker 2: But then you know, in.
Speaker 1: Talking to people, we kind of had a back forth and people didn't feel like Rihanna's presence made much of, you know, any type of decision, Like it didn't help swade the decision at all. And while I do understand that, I understand that the lawyers did a great job. Shout out to his team. They did a fantastic job of just raising reasonable doubt.
Speaker 8: There was a lack of strong evidence.
Speaker 2: Lack of strong evidence.
Speaker 6: It kind of was like, we're joking.
Speaker 1: But yeah, ins caestimony wasn't really up there, you know, he was. It looked like he didn't even know what he wanted was saying, and he didn't believe his story and he brought up Donald Trump's ear getting grays and all kind of it was just like, all right, man, So we understand that the case.
Speaker 6: Well, shout out to Twelvey. Twelvey definitely helped.
Speaker 2: You know, shout out to all the people that helped Rocky in his favor.
Speaker 5: Twelve who had years and years ago, great great project called Last Year Being Broke did a campaign, had shirts that went crazy in New York.
Speaker 6: I had one to love that campaign.
Speaker 5: Now I think this year he should start the There's no way I'll ever be broke campaign.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I mean he changed that whole case.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, he was like, no.
Speaker 5: Every time I've been with Rocky since we were fourteen years old, he's had a fake gun in his hand. It's always been fake. It's been since we were children. Yeah, absolutely, I've never not seen him without a fake fuck that. Yeah, well we got to do definitely. And then the internet so fucking I'm gonna say it retarded everyone under there, Like, yo, look at all the crews snitching on each other first wi So I'm like, do y'all ever Just click the clip and listen. No, Twelvey is testifying in regards to his man's yeah, not snitching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it was. It was a it was a sloppy case all around. But I am happy that, you know. I know we didn't want to see Rocky go to jail over this.
Speaker 2: I would have been weak in the knees.
Speaker 5: Look like, listen, there's been times where jail may have not have been that bad compared to the situation I was in already. If you have your children, your billionaire wife, your career or jail, Yeah, my knees are buckling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fucking decision.
Speaker 5: Look at the two options that you have in here, jfthe Philly prison or Rihanna.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: I'm happy, man, You know, we just gotta let's just pay attention to the coming year. Or two and just see how much charitable work is done on behalf of fen and in the state of Californa.
Speaker 5: Well, all right, if you want to go down my rabbit hole, who is Rihanna affiliated with?
Speaker 2: You will?
Speaker 6: That was my first thought.
Speaker 7: Somebody was like, yeah, that third baby coming soon. They say, yeah, ROTI on his way here.
Speaker 2: Rosy naming the baby ROTI is hilarious.
Speaker 6: You know what, that's a funny joke.
Speaker 5: But if she announced her next pregnancy and the headline said new baby ROTI, I wouldn't even bat an eyelash, I like that checks out.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't even like laugh at the joke nothing.
Speaker 5: I was like, yeah, actually, because they have a Riza riot, I think both those names are fire. If it went to rot I keep scrolling like nailed the third one too. Who doesn't smoking these names?
Speaker 2: Have you ever had I've actually never had it.
Speaker 8: I want to try it.
Speaker 2: Never had I haven't.
Speaker 8: Oh, I want to try it authentically, so.
Speaker 2: You don't even know what you missing.
Speaker 5: Baby d Randy and Rihanna is half Guyanese, so I know the ROTI hit.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, because I Guyanese.
Speaker 2: ROTI is it?
Speaker 1: Shout out to the family shout out to a SAP and Rihanna and in their family and hopefully you know rock Listen, man, stay your ass.
Speaker 2: Out of trouble. Bro.
Speaker 6: What does Relly do now?
Speaker 5: I don't know, man, How did you put all your eggs in a basket? Yeah, I mean, like with no other just like Rocky, where it's fifty to fifty, I'm either in prison or I'm with Rihanna. Yeah, this was either I get money to set me up or it's a dub for me publicly forever.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that was a gamble he was obviously willing to take based off of his testimony and you know, his his version of what happened that day.
Speaker 2: So maybe he's not.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's like, listen, it wasn't strong enough case to prove that what I said happened. But I don't think that he's anywhere feeling like, damn, like, you know, I fucked up, like he If he feels like if he feels like that story is true of what he said, then I mean.
Speaker 5: You think Relly wanted justice or do you think really wanted a civil suit?
Speaker 2: I think he wanted both.
Speaker 5: I don't think really wanted justice whatsoever. I think he wanted to do the criminal because that way, that civil suit lasts like two weeks. If Rocky was guilty, it's a civil suit tomorrow we coming up off that money. Yeah, I still think he's gonna file a civil suit because we've seen even like with the o J case when he was innocent with that, he did lose the civil with Nicole Brown, Simpsons or whatever the fuck's family. He's only there for the money. Like, come on, let's you really think Rally was there for justice.
Speaker 2: I'm just I don't know. I think two things can be true all.
Speaker 1: The one thing that that was interesting was after they you know, read all accounts not guilty, and you know, the judge bankes the gavel. The judge through a salute to Rocky and his team, Like I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh ship, everybody come from him.
Speaker 1: Saw Rocky's mom in court, said how beautiful his mother was. I said, this judge is like, he's going crazy.
Speaker 6: Billionaires. I count three, me, me, A and Reed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, I get it four if.
Speaker 6: You count bron technically.
Speaker 2: He's I get it. I understand.
Speaker 1: But the bottom, you know, we all happy that Rocky is is not going to jail and not facing any more criminal charges.
Speaker 2: So shout out to Rocky and his team.
Speaker 5: I hope everyone just doesn't do some dumb shit like just let really go ahead?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nah, men, I think this is old. I don't think that this is we'll ever hear any more about this. I think this is behind them. I think that Rocky understands that, you know, this was a very very you know, real moment for him and could have absolutely derailed his life and everything that he has going on, everything he's worked for and built towards. So I think that everybody is going to grow and mature from this situation in this moment and just you know, move on in their respective lives.
Speaker 5: I think we finally need to apologize to Rolling Loud again.
Speaker 6: We love Rocky, we respect.
Speaker 2: What he's done for music.
Speaker 5: We think he's a great artist, but we've questioned for years, like does he have some blackmail over Rolling Loud? Why do you headline every Rolling Loud? And it's like asap Rocky and the Beatles, like it just don't add up when he be headlining with other people for you know, the catalog, He's headlining the l A one.
Speaker 6: I think next month, can we look that up?
Speaker 5: Innocent you announce your title, don't be dumb the same day amazing marketing.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there's not even an album. All think he's even recorded on the on the walk out, I'm sure as managers like, yo, what you want to call it? Just don't be dumb, and his manager was like, well we're going with that. Posted it that Rolling Loud is gonna be fucking nuts. I think I think may do her pregnancy reveal on stage at this ship.
Speaker 6: That's gonna be nuts.
Speaker 2: That's a good lineup to can we go?
Speaker 5: They offered its something. It just didn't make sense. Is in l A or is this is the bay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I love nervous. I think I think really has some resentments. I think you're gonna crash nervous. You think, who would I be nervous about? You think crash out?
Speaker 2: I don't I about to say, man, hell nah.
Speaker 5: Mom, if somebody shot at you and grazed your hand, would you want justice or money?
Speaker 2: It depends on who shot me?
Speaker 5: All right, I'll be honest, I just want money. I don't really care if you graze my hand. I don't really care if you go to jail, Like if you my man I'm not like you. I'm still such in plenty of other situations. I'm saying, if I if we had a falling out and you shot at me and grazed my hand, and you had the ability to just settle behind closed doors because you had the richest wife on earth, just give me that money and we straight for life.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see you go to jail. But it depends on who it is.
Speaker 5: What Peter is saying that do the criminal shit, and then Sybil I'm saying, which we said a few episodes ago, why didn't they have so many mutual friends? Why not try to go that route first, Like, let's just settle behind closed doors.
Speaker 7: Bro, you very obviously can't trust this person that even if this person approached with a oh, let's just settle behind closed doors, you can't trust this nigga because he might do anything with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, were sitting there talking to people that you know, if you if somebody shoots at you, you.
Speaker 2: Know, then this is the gunners take. Well, this is what was being alleged here.
Speaker 1: If somebody shoots at you, you know, I think it's a you know, it turns on a different thing. Internally inside you like at that point, fuck the friendship that we had, Fuck the relationship that we had, Like, I want to see I want everything and more, not just money.
Speaker 2: I want. I want to see you in jail.
Speaker 1: You shot at me, which means, you know, and once a bullet leaves a chamber you could have that could have killed me.
Speaker 2: I agree, So you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So you got to think about all of those things as being somebody that was being shot at.
Speaker 2: Again, allegedly, this is what happened. It's being shot at.
Speaker 1: It changes whatever moral compass you think you have, whatever you say, you wouldn't do if it wasn't a friend.
Speaker 2: You know, now, if it was some random guy on.
Speaker 1: The streets of LA that I get into argue with, argument with and he shoots at me, and you know, come to find out he's a fucking multi billionaire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me my fucking bag.
Speaker 5: I mean to me that that would be the person that would be like, let's go to court and do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But if we got a relationship or some type of thing, like I mean, either way, I think Rocky was gonna get picked up because it was on camera.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was just because of really really just was a witness.
Speaker 1: And then once you in the state of California, once you discharge your weapon, you have to go to court.
Speaker 2: But also.
Speaker 5: If y'all reached out to me after getting arrested and was like, if you go on that stand and say you don't know who shot and this is the price point, I would do that. It's the Bronx Bronx tailed shit to some degree, like for twenty dollars, this person could be out of my life. If you just want to give me some money, I'll go up there. You get what you want out this situation. I'll get my peace of mind with some bread and get it moved the fuck away from you. Yeah, I get up on that stand and say, I have no idea who the fuck shot me for a price for free. I'm not I'm not ten toes gangster guy whatsoever. I will snitch on a lot of you guys if you shoot at me. But I'm just saying in that situationship, yeah, and like you be yo, shit got fucking crazy. I don't know what the fuck was going on in my brain this. And then if you get on that stand, tell me what you need. We never need to speak again, give me your wire information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, man. One of the homies that shoot at me. We are having an argument. One of the homies shoot at me. I don't know, man. It's tough because again I've never been in that situation. But it is tough to be like, nah, just give me some money and it's all good.
Speaker 2: Call it.
Speaker 1: Even Stevens. You can't even Stevens after Nigga shot at me. Brace yo, even Stevens.
Speaker 6: Like what if we've been friends since?
Speaker 2: Even Stevens. Yeah, but I could have not been here. I could have been I could.
Speaker 1: Have been dead, like Fred Nigga, like, you don't want to even no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 5: I'm adding more to it, of which wasn't in there their case. But like, let's say Rocky actually did shoot him. I don't think Rocky was trying to aim for his head. I think maybe a I think maybe a gun went off.
Speaker 2: It don't matter.
Speaker 5: Just think that's maybe what happened. But I didn't hear. You know, listen, I have a bad joke that I don't want to make Alex Bowl. Okay, you beat me to it, you bet me too. I didn't hear the closing remarks, but like, what what is the prosecutions or defensive theory, Like is this a JFK multiple shooter thing? Like who shot? If it was only Rocky, it was only Rocky with a fake gun. There had to be a gun in another person that really.
Speaker 7: Maybe maybe he didn't get shot, Maybe he faked it. Maybe he faked it.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe he stepped on some glass.
Speaker 2: You took it.
Speaker 8: I didn't want to say it.
Speaker 5: And you know, we just seemed Rally was on a boat the next day, like I've never seen someone do that after being shot.
Speaker 8: Drake cans. He was on a boat the next day doing Drake Cans. You didn't get shot.
Speaker 5: He was doing a tony yo like this, Mmm, I just see I just seen a Meg's working in the pool. Thank thank god that was just a one bullet fragment, because if they would have taken Meg's foot off, that would have been a bad thing for the whole world. You saw the recent video. No, she looks great in that pool.
Speaker 8: Some shits you should joke about. See's not funny.
Speaker 2: That's not funny.
Speaker 6: Not funny that you.
Speaker 8: Don't joke about that, that's not funny.
Speaker 2: She's fine.
Speaker 5: She was it was a pool. Yeah, it was great, great form. I could see evenly balanced on both both feet. It wasn't like she was favoring one side. Still able to give it to us, Still able to give it to us.
Speaker 2: She looks amazing. She just released a tequila too, Meg.
Speaker 8: Yeah, cheeks divertidas.
Speaker 1: Say that again, cheek guys, Divertida's cheek guys.
Speaker 8: What I mean?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm drinking guys. Uh, diverted chicks. Diverted chicks.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Compromise, compromised women.
Speaker 8: Fun girls, and it translates to fun girls.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, fun girls.
Speaker 5: I'm glad I didn't say what I thought it meant, but I was correct.
Speaker 1: I thought I meant horse cheek guys, divert theidas. Yeah, I made her support. You're gonna buy some from me?
Speaker 6: Yeah, just that bottle, like I'm not.
Speaker 2: You should buy some from.
Speaker 7: You, buy some for me. I'm not the I'm not the ape lady. I'm selling doing with.
Speaker 2: The cheek guys. I was okay, baby, get your breath.
Speaker 4: Nah.
Speaker 7: I would for Meg. I would do anything. I would do anything for sale, and I would do anything for Meg.
Speaker 5: But no, no, I definitely drink something, but that that bottle, I don't know if that's like for me to be chilling in the club with.
Speaker 6: You know, it's fire for for women for sure.
Speaker 2: Because it has a heart.
Speaker 5: It's just that looks like a cane the picture.
Speaker 2: Can I see the picture of the bottle? Can you scroll down?
Speaker 5: Okay, now niggas about to be swinging on TikTok.
Speaker 2: That's definitely, that's definitely for the for the for the ladies.
Speaker 1: Though, if in section I bet I see none of you niggas with the cheeks deeper thing.
Speaker 8: That niggas buy it to, y'all need to.
Speaker 2: Support don't do that.
Speaker 5: Because his generation was going crazy with the nouveau crazy is going nuts with the newau. I was on my Space like, Yo, these guys five six years older than me are weird.
Speaker 1: Never drink nuvau day in my life. I always thought that she looked like perfume. Never never drink.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna take a shot, baby, did yea?
Speaker 1: Was was shutting down the incredible Hawks, So shut up you? I mean yeah that yeah? He hypnotic hypnotic was terrible too. Yeah that was well, talk about you hypnotic niggas.
Speaker 6: What was worse in Incredible Hulk or Thug's Passion.
Speaker 2: I never had. I never drank any of that. So what did you drink, mister no fun nigga?
Speaker 4: Damn?
Speaker 2: I was drinking vodka. I was always a badka drinker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was drinking Belvetere grey Goose, That's what I was drinking.
Speaker 8: Alixe, you drinking no als a?
Speaker 6: What was thugs passion? One part?
Speaker 8: It was Alas and.
Speaker 2: Crystal, Alosa and Chrystal.
Speaker 5: You've never heard That's one of my favorite pop songs, Dougs passion one part of one Parkery style.
Speaker 2: Hell, no, I'm not drinking.
Speaker 8: That should sound like a headache, stomach gonna be bubbling.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: I'm not blaming you. But even post you guys ruining the club scene and bottle like you don't remember the.
Speaker 6: A suspense is do s mixed like? For that first two weeks.
Speaker 8: I was doing that.
Speaker 5: I was one of those people, Why worst headache? Why are we putting cognac in champagne? It was good though, it tasted fine, but it was the dumbest decision that you could ever makeover At twenty one, I felt like I was forty.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean hopefully Chicos Divaidas is an actual good tequila. It tastes good and it's not just you know something that Megas is just putting the name on.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it's a good.
Speaker 7: I bought Tearamana to support the Rock. I could buy fucking cheeks support the Rock tequila?
Speaker 2: What's Teamana? What is that?
Speaker 8: It's a tequila from where Mexico? Nigga?
Speaker 2: But I mean, like, who who puts it out the rock? Rock Nation? Dwayne Johnson. I didn't know that. I didn't know. I know he had tequila.
Speaker 5: In your defense, I thought she was talking about rock Nation, I said, I didn't know jay Z put out.
Speaker 2: Of I was like, what, like, what is that?
Speaker 1: The Rock has a tequila called what tara mona Temana?
Speaker 2: What does the what does the bottle look like on that? Is it?
Speaker 4: Look?
Speaker 2: It's pretty simple. It's a rock Like.
Speaker 8: No, Teremania is like simple. You would never know this.
Speaker 5: Is the Rocks. Yeah shit, Oh yeah I know this, Okay, Yeah, that's good tequila. Yeah no, that stuff is really good. That shit is so risky. Like God blessed the Megan people that just launched liquor companies, Like for every George Clooney. There's ten thousand celebrities that have lost all their money.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 7: Business, but celebrity tequila has been going off, Like Tara Mona's pretty successful. Eight one eight by Kendall Jenner is pretty successful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that had like a real moment. Yeah, it was like crazy Dampton's with the eight one eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I remember when I was first working at def Jam eighteen hundred tequila, like when you could pour like the little shot in the cap fit.
Speaker 6: They had every.
Speaker 5: Every gezy album, anyone on the roster was just sponsored by eighteen hundred tequila. They tried to make every rapper pump that shit sponsored every event. I mean, you can still get it, but that shit tanked pretty quickly when it comes to celebrities trying to do shit.
Speaker 7: Really, eighteen I wouldn't say eighteen hundred tanks. Eighteen hundred as someone who used to bartend. Eighteen hundred was kind of like this staple bottom shehelf tequila.
Speaker 8: It was in every bar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you went tanked with like the best marketing shit ever ave on tequila. When it was on Entourage, I thought, like when I was in high school, it.
Speaker 2: Was like a myth. Why are you saying it?
Speaker 5: Tank though AVI on tequila was on the biggest show on HBO period and then disappears like that was the greatest marketing campaign I've ever seen, and not one person that bought a bottle.
Speaker 2: No, people still drink that.
Speaker 8: We're still drink.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, GIZI would take any tequila check that you could find.
Speaker 8: I see it. I always thought it was Avion, But what I see.
Speaker 1: It, Let's see what Let's see if Rory is wrong, Let's see what Avion did last year's sales. I want to see what Rory's definition of tank it is.
Speaker 2: Yo, Let's see what I'm Let's see what they did last year. It's still around because I rememberhen I used to be like, yo, who he is? Echoing Limited? Might wearing that bullshit?
Speaker 6: It's just outside and see that though.
Speaker 2: No you can't, not in New York City.
Speaker 1: You can't you wearing Echo on Limited in any any of the five boroughs.
Speaker 2: Yes, they were, man, cut it out. I'm not saying.
Speaker 6: People were wearing that worst dress Burrow Yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Echo exactly. So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You would laugh at them, so you would think that nobody wore that ship until I did my research.
Speaker 2: It was like, oh, these games is top three every year.
Speaker 5: US Polo Assassin was a running joke for half of my life. They are still like the key store in every mall. Yeah, people wear US Polo Assassin. Doesn't mean like I'm saying, just disappeared. I really think it's US Polo Association. But we used to say, yo, we used to be like, Nigga, you assassinated the polo horse. I can't believe you did that, Yo.
Speaker 2: Polo Association is of.
Speaker 5: Course it's not. It doesn't even does it exist. Avion still exists. Nah Man Turtle retired.
Speaker 7: So when I was I was in the process of becoming a bar manager about six months ago for an up and coming bar or whatever. And they were training us and we were having all of these tequila like companies come in and we were doing taste tests and I've tried every Down Julio on the market. And I asked them because I know sometimes when things pop kind of like in our culture, the higher higher ups might not notice. And I asked them, I said, have you guys seen an increase in the sales of Don Julio reposato and they were like yes.
Speaker 8: They said yes.
Speaker 7: They said, this past two years have been crazy. They said, we pay attention to all of that. She said, I know about the bottle on the head, I know about all that shit. And it was like some corporate white lady and she was like, yeah, we know about all that shit.
Speaker 8: Like I was like, oh, get off that Don Julio act the folio.
Speaker 5: I like, Don Julio, me too. I can't find anything about avions Killa. I think I think I'm correct with one of the greatest market.
Speaker 8: When we already get on that computer and started googling when we say he right.
Speaker 5: No, because I'm actually curious. I was hoping I was wrong because I don't be knowing shit. I was just disappointed to see such an amazing Maybe they're ahead of their time because at that point it was a vodka world. It wasn't really a tequila world when they were doing the Entourage thing, so they would have smoked that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of smoke, that shout out to Hove and his team for smoking that.
Speaker 2: Lawyer Tony Busby.
Speaker 6: And so ahead of his time.
Speaker 5: I beat them charges like Rocky, you know, Hove is really the greatest I've ever heard since.
Speaker 2: Man, he's the.
Speaker 6: Greatest rapper ballter. How did he even predict that?
Speaker 2: Listen, Man, you know you hope that's how.
Speaker 5: He knew that he would beat the charges the same time as Rocky in two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: So Jay released a statement. Today is a victory.
Speaker 1: The frivolous, fictitious, and appalling allegations have been dismissed.
Speaker 2: Without merit and never going.
Speaker 1: In where the particulation would say all they created was laughable. If not for the seriousness of their claims, I would not wish this experience on anyone. The trauma that my wife, my children loved once and I have endoored can never be dismissed. This one eight hundred lawyer gets the file suit hiding behind Jane Dough and when they quickly realize that the money grab is going to fail, they get to walk away with no repercussions. The system has failed. The court must protect victims absolutely, of course, while with the same ethical responsibility, the courts must protect the innocent from being accused without a shred of evidence made a truth prevail for all victims and those falsely accused equally. I love that last line made a truth prevail for all victims and those falsely accused equally. And then as in typical, you know, let's call him, were gonna call him Sean Carter. He's not Jay Z right now, Sean Carter and typical Sewan Carter, great businessman fashion. A suit was filed against Tony Buzzby immediately after this was released. And yeah, man, I I think that you know anybody, and I'm gonna be I'm gonna say something because I you know, I didn't even want to talk about this when it first happened, because obviously somebody that grew up so close to Jay and can absolutely I spoke about it. I can speak for his character. I knew that this was bullshit the moment it came out. But there were a lot of people online that have a platform, that have a voice that seem to you know, try to drop hints at saying, oh, it's finally all coming out and all of this other dumb shit. And then now that this has been dismissed, not not settled, not settled, this has been dismissed, those same people are just you know, tweeting about other random shit that not coming out on their platforms and apologizing for even trying.
Speaker 2: To give credence to some bullshit like this.
Speaker 1: People can absolutely be well Black people, black men can absolutely be successful and reach heights and open doors and create opportunities for people without having some sinister past and some dark history that they always love to attach. Whenever people from our culture, people from our neighborhoods that look like me, reach certain heights, they love to say it's because, you know, somewhere along the way, they did some nasty shit, or they traded in their morals and the integrity, and you know, they drink baby's blood and they fucking rape kids and all those other dumb shit that people try to attach to success when you're black. So I just want to say, you know, hopefully those same people are somewhere fucking, you know, just miserable and upset, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 2: Because what Jay represents is somebody.
Speaker 1: That put into work, somebody that honed his skills in his craft, somebody has an amazing business acumen, somebody that still has his morals intact, and somebody that doesn't have to do crazy disgusting shit just for a check or just to reach some heights and get into some rooms that are deemed powerful, and we're all the success who people you know, congregate at. Jay has a certain just morals and manner about himself that exudes class, that exudes style, that exudes you know, integrity, and I think that, you know, when people try to attack that, it's fucked up because a lot of people work hard to keep their integrity and their morals intact. And no matter how hard, you know, you try to keep your shit together, people celebrate at the first instance of that being smeared and being you know, destroyed. So, you know, I'm glad that this was dismissed like I knew it would be, and I'm glad that they're also pursuing some type of you know charges against this one.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred lawyer Tony Buzzby.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I mean, of course, there's plenty of cases that get dismissed in court that shouldn't be, but if you look at the evidence of this one, it should have been.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So to all the people that were so excited that Jay was being accused of this, are you not excited that somebody wasn't raped? That's what is always the weirdest shit to this, don't you guys started caring about victims. Let's get jay Z under the jail. We care, we need to protect everyone.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 5: When I'm with you, I think everyone that does that shit should be under the jail.
Speaker 6: We should protect me absolutely.
Speaker 5: Now that this case, with all the evidence that we do have, can really clearly look at it and go, yeah, I actually agree with the court here. This is there's nothing here? Are you not like, oh, all right, well, thank god a woman wasn't raped. Thank god, a thirteen year old who wandered from Rochester to to Manhattan wasn't raped at a VM a party where jay Z wasn't at right.
Speaker 6: Like, thank god that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, but it it never goes to that though, it goes So that's what he paid them off, you know, that's what he paid them off. He paid the lawyers off, he paid the judge off, and all this others. Like, I promise you that's not how that works.
Speaker 5: Because there's been cases where I've thought people were guilty of things that they ended up no being guilty of, And you got to sit there like, oh, yeah, I mean what I thought they were guilty clearly or not?
Speaker 6: Thank God that didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Thankfully, nobody was assaulted and you know, nobody was harmed in this story. But again, like that last line reads, you know, we want justice for victims, but those falsely accused as well equally should be it should be justice for them. So yeah, to that one hundred layder, good luck, because I could promise you one thing you're gonna learn about Jay is that when it comes to his name and his character, he's not going to just go away and just let that just disappear. Like they're gonna pursue all, you know, whatever they can to to make sure that this lawyer probably loses his license.
Speaker 7: And it's certain stuff like you just can't take back. And that was my thing when all of this was going on. Blue Ivy's movie came out that week and she had to go to a premiere with.
Speaker 8: Her mom and her dad, and that was the headline.
Speaker 7: Those were her pictures were being used for the like a moment like that my daughter's first movie premiere. You can't redo that, like it doesn't you know what I'm saying. Like, So that just really was that that really like pissed me off. And it's just like everybody's just worried about the wrong shit and trying so hard. You hate people with money so much. You hate people with money so much, and I get it. Being being poor, being one of the ninety nine percent of people is not fucking fun.
Speaker 8: It's not.
Speaker 7: But hating rich people and wanting to see them go down for heinous shit is not. Like, that's not it's not gonna make you less poor and make you less unhappy, Like I'm.
Speaker 2: Not gonna help with your insecurities.
Speaker 8: It's not well.
Speaker 5: I mean, most most people that don't even try to do shit or take any risk or try to work hard just look at that as oh, they only got that because they did some gay shit or they did some Illuminati shit. Like there's no way somebody could be different than me and work really hard from square one. Like I could see you being mad at at kids that are children of billionaires and like, damn, you could have some reset for that. But somebody that is from the projects, we're supposed to be mad at Hove because he has money, upset at that.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, it's crazy. We can all celebrate each other's success, each other's wins.
Speaker 5: Would wouldn't that be a better story to know that that person could come from the projects and actually just work really hard, be talented, focus on what he's doing, make the right choices, and.
Speaker 2: Be way from the projects. And I didn't make it.
Speaker 5: But shouldn't that person in the projects be like? All right, I'd rather believe that that story is true than that the Illuminati just came to this guy in Marcie Projects and was like, we choose you sacrifice this child.
Speaker 2: Be gay too, Yeah, stabby your uncle from us.
Speaker 6: And we'll give you. Can I live?
Speaker 5: No, I think I'd rather go with, Hey, this guy from my community worked really hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah he capitalized off.
Speaker 6: That means I could try to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly should That's an example of I can make it out too. But that will be asking people too much. So we'll just have to see what his goals. But I'm willing to bet that Tony Buzzby will lose his his license to practice law.
Speaker 5: And I think if he has a lawsuit being filed against him, rather than him representing a Jane Doe, they may have to figure out what his real last name is.
Speaker 2: You don't think it's Buzby.
Speaker 1: No, we gonna find out, definitely, we gonna find out everything that's not fucking Buzzby.
Speaker 5: Yeah, promise you that I want to know and that in that secret meeting. But but Buzsby, Yeah that's your name. But yeah, shout out to UH, to that legal team. We have new music coming out, new.
Speaker 1: Music coming out. Saint John. Festival Season is here. If you're listening to this, I'm happy for Saying.
Speaker 2: Man. Saying worked really hard on this project.
Speaker 1: Check out our episode of Festival Season with Saint John, available now on YouTube.
Speaker 5: Yes, great conversation, Sat. Saint finally came back outside. It's been a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's he was out. Sat was outside. He was just he was in a different outside outside. He jumped into the he jumped deep into the you know, the fashion world, fashion scene, which is something that he loves and he obviously incorporates in his music as well. So you know that takes time, that takes energy to kind of focus on that and to build that. But he has been working on this this festival season and this is just the first UH guest capsule or installation of this festival season. He has a lot of music he's recorded. I've been fortunate enough to hear a.
Speaker 2: Lot of it. It's a lot of great ship that he's doing great music. Music is a lot bigger.
Speaker 1: It's time around those that love Saint and you know from from the beginning that scene is still there, but the music is a lot bigger now and that's due to his experiences and traveling and just being inspired by different things, whether it's through fashion or just you know, just seeing the world, and he's incorporated that into this into this album. So Festival Season is available now, download that stream that. Saint John is one of those artists that you know, he really cares about his craft. He's very meticulous, pays attention to every detail. So this is a very you know, it's attention to details quality, it's quality music at a high level. And it's gonna be a lot of fun too because there's a lot of high energy shit that you can really have fun too and you know, workout, party, day, party, whatever you want to do. This is definitely a very infectious album, infectious sound.
Speaker 2: So shout out to Saint John.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm excited. The stuff I did here was great.
Speaker 5: I'm excited to listen to full masterive project at midnight where we at tonight, it's saying in New Yorkers is the n l A.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I didn't speak to him. I'm not sure where he is.
Speaker 1: Wherever he's at, though he's going he's gonna be having a ball tonight because they worked hard on this. So shout out to the entire team, shout out the big shout out to Simon and everybody at Rock Nation on getting this out, getting this done.
Speaker 2: So hees festival season.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Saint John for sure.
Speaker 6: I didn't see too much like singles or whatever.
Speaker 5: I think it's a lighter Friday, which I love for Saint John so he can get the focus that he deserves. Did see Don Tolliver and Donal Tolliver? I know, I know Don Tolliver Frell have worked in the past a little bit, But has it ever said feature ring Farrell? I don't think apology I could be right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure. I don't ever remember seeing Don Toller featuring Pharrell. I don't I don't remember that, but I am happy that, you know, whatever they decided to do, it's called the title.
Speaker 2: Is it a single? Yeah, LV bag with DoD J Hill.
Speaker 1: Don Tall was one of my favorite artists man, So anytime we can get some some don music and you know, anything that he's working on. I'm happy to hear it, and especially we incorporate somebody like Pharrell. I'm just my mind is already going like, Okay, what did they come up with? What did Pharrell's brain and don Toliver's brain come up with? So yeah, I am excited to hear this joint.
Speaker 5: Before we get to the second half of this episode, I do want to say, everyone, subscribe to our Patreon. Yes, please leave us some voicemails.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do something new with the voicemails too. I think when people start leaving great voicemails, I think we're gonna start zoom calling them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's start out.
Speaker 1: Let's start zoom calling ups so we can see these phase is we have a real conversation on air with some of these people that leave some of these wild ass voicemails, Like I want to start putting some faces to these voices.
Speaker 2: So I love that idea. Start leaving voicemails.
Speaker 1: If it's good, if it's dope, and we play it on air and we like it, check out, we will respond to you and send you a zoom call link instead of a date and time where we would need you available to answer your goddamn phone so we can zoom you and talk some shit.
Speaker 5: And to the people that like to remain anonymous, we can just do audio. I mean your voice would have already been there on the voicemail already.
Speaker 2: No, we want to see faces.
Speaker 6: They want to be anonymous, that's spotful. Just have a conversation.
Speaker 2: Fucked that.
Speaker 5: Also, this is not a ploy for everyone that's trying to put out music that we are going to call you so you can rap. I just want to save Josh the headache of the amount of SoundCloud links that he's gonna get now that mall.
Speaker 2: It might be some joints in it, because.
Speaker 5: You're so kind to everyone that sends me. Yeah, I'm gonna just let you know if it's trash and we'll let you know. But if it's dope, I'll let you know that to see.
Speaker 6: But I love that idea.
Speaker 5: We can reach out to everyone, give them a time and shoot that because I think that that would be great.
Speaker 6: I think that'll be Did we make any headway with the nurse.
Speaker 2: Okay? Oh, the nurse?
Speaker 8: The nurse okay, I can't really forgot about your date for real?
Speaker 2: I don't know that, lady. It's just so late. I don't even know who that is. We got a soul?
Speaker 4: Who me?
Speaker 2: I got a soul? Where are that right here? So on my sneakers?
Speaker 6: You think you know you're so late?
Speaker 2: Do I think I met my soul? I say yes.
Speaker 5: The fact that you pause like that and then repeated the question you don't ever do that?
Speaker 1: No, because I have to think about it. I don't you know how many women I met in my life?
Speaker 7: For I feel like you would remember if you do.
Speaker 2: But I may have met how many I could have? Like four soul mads?
Speaker 8: Oh my lord, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not like I don't I don't have my nigga. I don't have my girl in the kitchen, in and go in the other room. I talked to my souls right there. Put my souls in the same sirk personality.
Speaker 2: Exactly. You got to let the souls, let the souls collide. Where are you thinking about yourself?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 2: I would hope.
Speaker 1: So you got a kid he created life.
Speaker 2: Amara as mess on it exactly.
Speaker 7: Oh you want of them niggas? That's gonna make your daughter your Valentine every year?
Speaker 4: Too?
Speaker 8: Huh.
Speaker 5: First of all, I'm teaching my daughter what should happen on Valentine's Day for her, and she should never settle for a man that does less.
Speaker 7: That's niggas that I want to spend Valentine's Day with no girls. So they'd be like, oh, I'm with my daughter.
Speaker 8: I want my daughter. I'm not dating. No more niggas with daughters.
Speaker 7: Every nigga with daughters every Valentine's Day, I'm like, oh, you got a date.
Speaker 8: No, I'm just gonna hang out. Well, you know my baby, my Valentine.
Speaker 1: I know you niggas mann and his daughter.
Speaker 5: And first of all, I'm not one of the I G dads. I would have spent that Friday with my daughter anyway. Every day, is it just happened.
Speaker 1: To be every Friday's daddy daughter? Yeah, Like come on, they can't do that to you. It's not your full But you don't think you.
Speaker 6: Should like celebrate your daughters on Valentine's Day.
Speaker 5: My grandmother and my mother like every day Valentine's Day isn't like a done doundon a thing like that's not always sexual.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you can just appreciate your loved ones every day. Every day. You should appreciate you.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I met myself many to be honest, hopefully hopefully is okay you met your baby? No, I never know you did. No, I haven't you got JP on your phone? You definitely stop playing not just sell made. I'm sorry, I got it mixed up.
Speaker 6: She's trying to go to sell block one. Baby got a weir case?
Speaker 2: Why is she around like that?
Speaker 7: In no podcasts? I don't even play your ship like that. But no, I haven't met my soulmate yet. I'm still looking. I would I if Peach keep making clips the way that Peage makes clips.
Speaker 8: I'm be single for the rest of my fucking life.
Speaker 4: Up and.
Speaker 1: Your baby, I wouldn't even care if you went the other room and took a call for real, yo, Them niggas tripping, you know. It's always a head ass nigga out there like that. I don't even know why they mad that you went to the.
Speaker 6: Room for real, like to pick yo. They insecure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yo, they projecting it.
Speaker 8: There were a couple of people like that. Don't call them had ass, but.
Speaker 2: What page niggas?
Speaker 7: Pege will take the wildest ship I've ever said, clip it and won't provide no content only with me.
Speaker 8: He only does that ship with me.
Speaker 5: That's not true. He does it to you. But to say he doesn't do that to us is insane.
Speaker 8: I feel like you do it to men.
Speaker 2: He did it. He definitely do it to all of us.
Speaker 5: We're not allowed in California because the way he clips all up.
Speaker 2: No California.
Speaker 7: He could have clipped any part of that conversation, but it's still the same. There was niggas putting out twenty minute clips of Maud all content.
Speaker 6: Scared to run into Chris Brown because of Peach.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that was definitely Peach. Yeah, that was definitely Peach. Peach be Black and Odi.
Speaker 1: Well, we do have a special guest joining us today, very talented, very funny brother and definitely one of my favorite people that I get to watch on television. For years, I've been following this comedy. So we are being joined by a very funny, very special guest.
Speaker 2: So let's get to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Roy, Today we are joined by a very very funny and special guest, Uh comedian actor writer. His news show Have I Got News for You is now in its second season on CNN, and his comedy special Lonely Flowers out on Hulu. Now, uh former for one of our former favorites on The Daily Show as well.
Speaker 6: Absolutely had agreed. You watched The Daily.
Speaker 2: Show sometimes when he when this gentleman's on there.
Speaker 1: I loved his roast of former President Joe Biden that he gave us a few years that was that was some classic shit.
Speaker 5: You started watching the Daily Show when they started shitting on Democrats.
Speaker 6: That took twenty years.
Speaker 2: Put the demon rats out of here.
Speaker 6: It took a long time.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 5: I love that that John Stewart tries to be in the middle. Now I appreciate it, but yeah, he started tuoting in when they started to be democratic.
Speaker 4: I would assume that.
Speaker 5: You thought that Daily Show is funded by the Pentagon to get the problem for the Clinton's or something.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: But today we are joined by a very very special guest. O God, mister Roy Wood Jr.
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 4: Respect? I appreciate this. This is my transition in the right wing culture.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Welcome, welcome. How are you feeling?
Speaker 4: Man? I appreciate y'all having me on. Man. I also want to show love to y'all for having comedians on on the Angular basis, Man, y'all have my partner, Felipe.
Speaker 1: As far as listen, he is a He's Felipe is different, bro's boy.
Speaker 2: I was trying to hold it in. I hadn't laughed at hard in a very long time.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you a funny thing. Follow up on one of his stories, he told y'all about the last comic standing joint where he won the money you want to pourt a meal from NBC for the contest. I was in third I was there the night he won. We went on tour. The next day, the top five comedians from that show went on tour. So imagine losing a grip and then you are going to go with then you lost to.
Speaker 2: And y'all comedians. So it's funny already.
Speaker 4: And but we're supposed to be like Maddie, You're supposed to be like you won this material. But then you find out that the nigga lost the money that y'all support me, Like, man, it.
Speaker 2: Was money to begin with.
Speaker 6: You got to go ask her for that money.
Speaker 4: And he was the only one on the bus with a kid so at the time, so it's like, yo, this makes sense. That's what got we on tour. Were making money. Yeah, no beef aside, but that's that was It.
Speaker 5: Would have been funny if like he tried to shave points or something and make someone else win, Like you'll get first place, then you'll just give me the money.
Speaker 6: I'll break you off for SI.
Speaker 4: You probably could have bro That was like twenty ten, so you could have just got a phone bank. You kind of got a connecting Hong kock. You've seen them just where the niggas have like forty phones moving around. Move that money around. You called a number. It was vote for Felipe.
Speaker 6: Who else was in that five?
Speaker 4: It was me, my Man, Tommy John again, uh, this cat, Mike Kaplan and Ripeter New York great Mike d Stefano he was with Still that was a season. Craig Robinson hosted Felipe a tho man. Felipe just showed me how you can just move Like I don't know if y'all like, so, I grew up in the South. I didn't meet my first Latino till the seventh grade. Like the idea of multicultural all that shit. Yeah, Birmingham, Birmingham proper is black. The city is seventy five. So I just I didn't get to see how Mexicans move, like I mean, out of so being around Filipe was the first time I was like, day in, day out for like ninety cities, just move without a care in the world. Nothing is that important. It's important, but it's not important. This is a motherfucker Felipe. As far as bro, he went to the airport one morning smelling like weed, and he just goes, I don't have my license, and you know, as a black man, you don't leave a house without. Yeah, I don't know how you moved, but I move, I keep everywhere.
Speaker 2: And I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing that. And I go, what what are you gonna do? And he's like, I'll figure it out bigger. We're going for cities in four days. You're going to need identification every single day on the plane. Bro, what are you doing? He man, it's what As far as the God is my witness spelling like, we walked up to T s A and presented his marijuana card as proof of identification, and their motherfucker said, cool, enjoy your flight. And I that's why I know, like most Latinos ain't worried about all this deportation stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't want to give you.
Speaker 5: Maybe Trump did have a point they just letting anyone on a plane.
Speaker 6: They were right about that.
Speaker 4: I've been in the airport with no ID and it is a game of nights.
Speaker 2: A black one of the scariest feelings in your life.
Speaker 4: I don't care how any credit cards you got, but from it don't matter, Google, it don't matter. My man walked up smelling like cheating Chong with the weed card. And this is when we were still like.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 4: So it ain't like now. So you know that boy, They taught me how to just move through the world without stressing about everything.
Speaker 5: Well, if you don't register for any type of ID, maybe they can't find you for child support. Maybe that was really what I think it was at that point, Like if I don't get a passport or a license, I will be in the system.
Speaker 6: And they can find me.
Speaker 1: Now, Roy, you started out opening up for one of my one of my favorite comedies that I think gets talked about in the coaching of Tommy Davison. H Man. Yeah, I mean Tommy Davison to me is a legend, but it's another guy that I don't think we talk about enough that I love growing up Robert Townsend. I don't think Robert Townsend gets talked about enough when you talk about comedy, comedic writing. Film, Hollywood Shuffle one of the greatest. To me, uh movies or sketch comedy, whatever you want to call it. I remember having a sneak to watch that growing up. Have you ever worked with guys like.
Speaker 4: Robert directed raw Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 2: Right right and talk about it and that's writing credits on it.
Speaker 4: I believe here is to me one of the most unsung things about Robert Townsend, you know, filmmaker, stand up just a guy who has just been a supporter of the business. Him and his relationship with the Wayans and all of that. I remember three or four y'all can google the stats to check it. Everybody talked about BT and they're like, oh, why BT the only thing that's out there. You ain't gonna have to do? Why BT the only Robert towns and put Tinto's down, put his money up and started and tried to start something called the Black Family Channel and it was good, clean, black family oriented content. My man started a network from the ground up. Then at the time, pre def Jam, there was a stand up show called Partners in Crime, and Partners in Crime was essentially traditional black showcase show three four comics and a half hour. He brought back Partners in Crime and created a new platform for black comedians to be on and broke bread with folks, and the channel never came to fruition the way that he wanted it too. But I'd be damned if everybody didn't get their bread. I be damned if everybody didn't get paid. I be damned if Robert Townsend didn't attempt to create a platform for other creators to come in and pour themselves into Man it was. It was ahead of its time, and I would imagine if he did it now twenty years later, you run it as a YouTube channel and you flip it that way and then grow it up into Steven. Now. It's different now, but at the time he's going up against hair Amount and NBC and behemoths trying to start a whole network like he trying to Buyron Allen the shit without and didn't have as deep of a bank roll as Byron Allen did at the time. So that was my first real interaction with him, was auditioning for Partners in Crime, getting an audition and being invited back to take a television show man like that was like a television credit, an three that was gold Major, that was God Like. Whatever you think of TikTok or ig channel is worth to you. Now, That's what a single appearance on television was worth. You get booked everywhere you wanted to go after that.
Speaker 7: And so his.
Speaker 4: He continues to give back to the culture that made him and he's never stopped that. And I think he's definitely one of the most unsung people, one of the most unsung of black culture. And without twenty first.
Speaker 5: Century, the network would have worked if the CIA didn't give Tyler Perry all that money got.
Speaker 2: Him out of here? Is that what you think got it from?
Speaker 1: I mean, you don't think Tyler Perry's agent UNA because we seen Tyler Perry. We've seen his we've seen his rise, we've seen it when it went from you know, on Broadway live shows Perry.
Speaker 4: So I used to do mornings in Birmingham early two thousands, Tyler Perry come through with them live plays. Man. Yeah, he's sleeping in the car, Tyler be in the radio station smelling unbathed.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm not saying he didn't say that with respect. I didn't say he didn't put in a thousand hours or hustle. I'm saying that.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that.
Speaker 5: I respected his hustle and saw as a valuable.
Speaker 4: Asset co opted him later on.
Speaker 2: He's sleeping. You know he's working, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Roy, So four five forty sevens back in office, okay, and I saw you know you have a classic classic roast of President Joe Biden. How did you feel, first of all during the election, like where were your thoughts and everything? Being on CNN, you had to do a lot of, like you know, talking on discussions about the whole election and everything.
Speaker 4: I thought it was closer than everything. I thought the election was closer than what everybody made it out to be. Like everybody at like this was like a four game sweep.
Speaker 6: It felt that way.
Speaker 2: It looked that way with him. Did you see the elector.
Speaker 4: Kamala Trump was I don't feel like a four to six game series to you.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think it felt like four to one. It looked good early. It looked good early, It look wonder one.
Speaker 2: And then it was like twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: They was like remember one when the Sixers beat the Lakers in Game one of the finals. Yes, and they had swept every table. It was like, oh shit, this for real. And then it was a sweet effort Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah, as a gentleman sweep. I think that the nation spoke. Man. Yeah, it's a clean wind. He landed all the blows. I think that the Democrats need to figure out how to connect with folks. And I think that when you get into the minutia of identity politics, you're dividing a lot of people. So Democrats got to figure out how to peel to the masses without losing the people that they built their base on. And I think that's the fear right now. If you're a Democrat right now, you cannot legitimately say all right, fuck all that what we was talking about, let's just talk about America as a whole. You can't do that because then you're gonna lose your base and the people that you're trying to steal from Trump's side, will they trust you? Right? You know? I don't. I don't know, man. I do think that for mid terms and for twenty eight, it's got to be a new face in there. I don't think it can be an old face that challenges for the throne.
Speaker 1: He knew I would like to see a younger a little bit of younger, having younger option, younger voices, younger ideas of running for presidency.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, you know, they talk about newsome and I think the Republicans respect that too, because that's why they already popping shots at him after the fires and the tricky ship with the water, Like, that's the stuff that Trump got to stop doing at some point, because that's when it started looking all right, man, you're looking stupid talking about you turned the water on. You didn't turn the water was.
Speaker 2: He went right there, he went to the ocean. That's what he stopped. Look at that.
Speaker 6: It was like he was getting nuke the hurricane.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, so it's like, did you look at the Trump support They'd be like, yeah, he turned the water on. They ah, I thought I could talk to you. Now I gotta leave Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: This is pretty much every post episode when Mall starts smoking that conversation. Right there, he turned the hose, you know the hose in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: He just did that.
Speaker 4: I just hope this is my hope for democracy, is that we can get back to a place where we have conversations based on policy and logic, right, That's it.
Speaker 2: Got you start there, You're a dreamer.
Speaker 4: That's it because when you start looking at him talking about Gulf of America and you start talking about I renamed the Fort Freedom Fort Bragg, I named it back to Fort Bragg, and then I Mount mckinnley, and you're using that to justify voting for the man. It's like, if he'd have ran on that goofy shit, you'd have been like, where the fuck are the policies? Bro? If Trumpet ran on renaming water, would you have been able to squarely look me in the face and go, yes, he is the guy.
Speaker 5: I think a large majority of the country would still oh my god. No, I think he's less of the problem. It's the people he's speaking to that are the real issue. Because yes, I think out of a lot of the bullshit like distraction issues that they always put with us, whether it be fucking transgender bathrooms whatever, that is what a lot of the country, because America it is dumb overall, we get passionate about stupid shit. So yeah, I can see half of the country going, you know what, why is it the golf of Mexico.
Speaker 4: But see, but I was talking about that to one of my partners. I was like, the thing that the Democrats like, they still have not admitted, Hey, we fumbled, we fucked up the game, like at least in sports when you lose, you immediately post game. Yeah, nigga, they beat us. We should have been better Democrats. The day after the election, there was emails soliciting for money. Can we count on you to support the fight the fuck with what just happened? It was like, talk, can we about the fucking game we just lost? No, we just want to look forward and go forward, and we need money money, and that's not that's not cool. But this is who we have an office. So you got to figure out a way to get stuff done. You got to figure out a way to get shit passed. It can't be Democrats filibustering the whole time and ice and everything, because nothing's gonna get done. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well we have Trump celebrating Black History Month this month, and you were talking about people that were there, Kodak Black being one of your favorite people that's there.
Speaker 2: You said you wish it was there to ask.
Speaker 4: For that I could interview Kodak Black. Yeah, I wish I could ask Koda that, like any question about black history, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta feel a Kodak could fuck you up and might might know something. Yeah, he might throw you off. You were here, you'll be surprised, like, oh shit, Okay, he knows something.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he does. I'm not saying he's a done motherfucker. I'm just saying that if I was casting the list of people who I would have thought, yeah, would have been at the Black History Month celebration.
Speaker 2: But but Trump pardoned him, So I think that it's part of that.
Speaker 4: Well, then just pardon me. Why you got to parade me around like a fucking part of the deal you got. That's part of the paperwork. You see work release.
Speaker 5: You see Rocket didn't Rocky didn't go and he got the rest of the goal. Kodak is on work release right now. This is part of his work release program.
Speaker 4: Pardon by Trump. You got a you boy, Get over there, boy, that mixture to present you like your pardon? Don't you ship anything other beat? Fifteen years in prison? Go over there, stand next to Kwame. Kill Patrick.
Speaker 6: The Kodak knows him, that is.
Speaker 4: Keep probably think they kill Patrick? Shouldn't night.
Speaker 2: Damn Pardoner should too.
Speaker 4: Wait not, well, you're saying later?
Speaker 2: Who else? There a sage?
Speaker 4: Still? Okay, ESPN, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Here, Jack Brewer, uh Kodak black, Little Boosy is there. I think Little Boosy is trying to microphone. I think Little Boosy is because he's been on Instagram. He's been trying to get a pardon from Trump, so he's been on Instagram.
Speaker 5: I thought it was funny that he added Trump on me. I'm adding someone like explaining the case he's trying to get that.
Speaker 4: He's trying to get that party, adding Zuckerberg on the regular. Come on, zucker Berger, get me in my Instagram.
Speaker 2: I'm back.
Speaker 4: I was just showing Titti this one time. Do you remember during COVID boots he kept losing.
Speaker 1: That he was trying to entertain the people. But so now is this is this celebration? Is this being televised?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're recording right now. I don't know if this is being what is actually the celebration?
Speaker 4: What are they doing? It's some plaque at a podium and going, and it's important we remember.
Speaker 2: They can't take cloth.
Speaker 1: Like remember during COVID, everybody had on can't cloth and got on one knee. It was all with us and with our struggle of our people. He was a brother to see Nancy Pelosi on one knee. And I'm sorry, I thought it was very entertaining to see Nancy Pelosi get on one knee because I wanted to see her get up from that one knee, because it's easy to get down on one nee. It's hard getting up being an old lady like that.
Speaker 5: I just want to know, like in their version of the green room, like did someone come in with a plastic bag and start handing that ship out? I want to know how did they get sizing for the hats, Like, I don't really want to know.
Speaker 6: Did they see them? Was their stylus?
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely think I think it's still dope. It's in his own way, Trump is recognizing black history. Many yeah, I think it's still.
Speaker 1: I thought it was dope that because I mean, as far as I can remember from presidents, I've never seen a president at their inaugurational when they won the election singled out black and Latino voters and thank them. I've never saw I've never seen that from any president, So I thought that that was something different. I've never seen them think black and Latino voters were voting from I've never Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think I think Trump knows that he still has a lot to gain by appeasing and still picking off from the Democrats voting base, which if he's ready ing up for his third re election, which I think he's gonna do absolutely, then he's got to start picking off some of that and keeping good will between then and now, because if you're the average voter that's not informed on a more granular level, you just gonna see that Trump did something for black history. It's okay, cool. You don't really care about the politics of Boosy or Sage or you know whoever, Like, you don't care if those people can speak to political issues or whatnot. You just see that the president did something for you. As far as you can say, it's no different than the COVID checks that felt like where you gave a thousand dollars up, Cool, you got my vote. So I think in terms of just at least at a base baar level minimum recognizing black history, thank you. Now, if you could all do us a favorite big dog and let us keep the black history in the textbooks that you're letting them ban because you're looking like a hypocrite. If the black history is history and we don't even get into DEI and all that we know, I get that later, but just if all these black people that you say is great and we should remember the history, keep it in the books, dog, I feel you they.
Speaker 6: Should offend young white kids that make it bullied because of it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you don't feel seen. I'm sorry I was.
Speaker 6: I was bullied in school after history class.
Speaker 4: It was you, you did this to me, white boy?
Speaker 2: Before we get a.
Speaker 5: Two Chappelle and NBC, I did want to ask before we got off the Trump thing. Both sides, especially in the last like four years, have been accused in media of getting marching orders. I think CNN, NBC all that is very liberal bias. And it goes without saying that Fox News is biased with the Republicans being on the Daily Show and CNN in those writers' rooms or pre production. Have you ever experienced marching orders or things that you can and cannot say.
Speaker 4: No, not necessarily marching orders, but I mean it's always stuff that you got to figure out the best way to juggle it. Like we came back on air, before I quit, So just timeline matters for what I'm trying to say, it seems convoluted. So the writer strike happens twenty three Summer of twenty three. We come back the week after Over Seventh happened with everything with Israel and gossip, and so the week before we came back, and we know we're coming back to air, emails are starting to fly and pictures are starting to fly. Now concurrently I'm having contract negotiations to decide whether or not I'm even coming back at all. But at the time I'm still on the email threads and the writer's threads, and the conversation is about how do we want to approach this, what's the best way? Because there's no humor in the death and I mean generally speaking with the Daily Show, if it's a tragedy, the jokes are either in the causation or the solution, and whoever's obstructing one of the whose fault is it that it happened or whose fault is it that it ain't fixed? Those are your jokes. You don't talk about the pains in the middle, right, And so there was never mandates from Viacom International that go you can only and do not ever and only this, so no, and then I quit. I made the decision to leave the show before we came back from the writer striking. Then I got locked out all the emails. Ain't see shit else. The only thing I will say to CNN. One thing that I have found interesting that's a little different is that in certain shows, there may be a certain topic that another show is going to go in deeper on, so they may stack the order, Like if you got Abby Philip at ten and then you got Laura Coches at eleven, and then I go on Abby, and it's roundtable. Laura's more one on one. I can go on Abby, I can go Yo. Do you mind if we talk about pop up pop tonight? Well we can touch on it a little bit, but Laura's going to be doing a deeper dive on that, So we're not going to go as deep as you may want to go on that. All right, cool, I respect that because you don't want to take the you don't want to take the fire from Laura coach. Laura wants to really go in on it. And it's the same game with Caitlyn Collins, who comes on before Abby. So there seems to be a little bit of how we pepper the topics, because what you also don't want is all of seeing in prime time talking about the same shit. So you got to kind of make up a little bit like that. But our show, if I'm speaking specifically to Saturday Nights, we get to do whatever we want. Bro Like, we're a British remake of a show that's been on thirty years, so we baptized in the legacy of a show that's already worked. Yeh, Saturday Nights. It is supposed to be comedic, it's supposed to be weird, it's supposed to be edgy. We've made some really weird jokes. I haven't watched last week's ed it yet, but there was a Nazi salute joke in there that I know wouldn't have worked on Caitlin Collins habbit, Philip.
Speaker 2: Hear how Abby talks off Mike.
Speaker 4: There, so we get to take it there a little bit. But I've never been checked by anybody on anything as off yet. I think what you all are talking to and I get what you all are saying, because I feel like the issue has been with a lot of liberal media. It's figuring out how to address something that the right reads with without pissing off their base the same in the same hand. And I don't think it's possible to do that. You just got that. Motherfuckers just got to be made. We had on Tennessee Republican Tim Burchett, that boy whatever, Mitch McConnell. Vote yes on Tim Burchett, vote yes two times straight, DMS. How could you have him on day?
Speaker 1: Would you?
Speaker 4: Why would you give an audience to that? And that? Why not? Hey, big dog? The next four years they got the ball. Yeah, So if we're gonna have conversations around policy and use humor as an entry point to why they think the way they think, got to have them all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, because that's like outside looking in, even with like Fox with the Luigi thing for example. Yeah, I was very curious how that was going to be pivoted in mainstream media because now the new Republican base is supposed to be anti establishment, anti government, anti healthcare and all.
Speaker 2: That type of shit.
Speaker 5: So I was like, oh, Fox is in a pickle. It's gonna be weird because they may offend some of their base. And it felt like they got a mass email to every single pundit that said, hey, we don't agree with killing CEOs, it'll put us in jeopardy. You all hate this, and then it was just the same talking point.
Speaker 2: For the entire day.
Speaker 5: And I guess as viewers, that's how it looks across the board with media now that everyone just gets an email this is our view today, and we're all just going to talk about it in a different way. This is what you have to stay on and then make it your own. It's like when we do adreads, here's what you have to say, make it your own.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Casper Mattress, I love the Mattress. No, I've never gotten an email like that. Like Comedy Central is weird though, because Daily Show was always seen as like the weird, like that single wire trailer outside the school that didn't really follow the rules of what was happening in the building. I can't speak on what's happening over there now, but I know, I know. Ain't nobody ever told John Stewart what are gonna talk about? And I mean first day back he called Joe Biden Old. I guarantee you wasn't no email going out. Please call Joe Biden Old. Yeah. So it's like even if you take a shot at a democrat and you watch these shows, the audience a moon.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I think the one line they've drawn, at least what I felt on a lot of shows is if the crowd applauds Luigi, like the ship that happened at SNL where they mentioned Luigi and the audience applauded and cheered for Luigi.
Speaker 6: Right, was that what the burds monologue?
Speaker 4: No, it wasn't. It was a weekend update it with jo justin ch They I don't remember what the story was, but they mentioned Luigi and just off the picture of the crowd, and everybody was like, Oh, the libros, you're fucking next siting, you're getting them horny for murder murder You can't lean into that, but I think you can legitimately say, Hey, the dude did something that a lot of people didn't agree with, but his what motivated him was something far sinister. That needs to be your dressful. Yeah, And it's a way to say both of those things without just going on murder murder back. Therefore, let's not talk about any of it at all. Yeah, as far as I know, on our show, we've been able to sneak in those fucking those points.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I asked because because Chappelle said that he was censored by SNL with his latest monologue about transisues in Gaza. And sorry to our listeners, I'm repeating myself again, but I do want some of my fucking flowers. I've been complaining that the only Chappelle monologue that ever got taken down in his history of SNL, no monologu has been taken down. He talked about the Jews when Kanye West did that whole shit, and it's the only one you can't find. And to me, that's insane because there's monologues about molesting children that are up there now with millions of views.
Speaker 4: So really the one, the most recent Chappelle or the one from a year ago.
Speaker 6: Year ago, it was when Kanye did like drink Champs and all that.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's Chappelle went up there, said a few things. I think the one line was if they're Italian, it's a mob. They're Black, it's a gang. If they're Jewish, it's just a coincidence and we should never talk about it.
Speaker 4: And closing line, yeah, pulled the whole thing.
Speaker 5: It's a brilliant monogue is one of my favorite Chappelle ones and it's gone. So this doesn't shock me that Chappelle said this past week when he went on that he couldn't talk about trans issues or Gaza, which I mean cool. He's ran the trans thing to the fucking ground. So just from a comedic level, I don't really care if he talks about that or not. But limiting Chappelle to not talk about Gaza at that time on a platform like SNL is that's crazy.
Speaker 4: What I would have loved to have heard is what he would have said or done. You know, I've seen I've seen the act of Chappelle's touring, at least the material of the last let's just say four or five months, right just from the top of twenty twenty five, and he's got some stuff in there about Gaza. But I didn't see all of that in SNL, so I don't know what he told him for the next hour or whatever. Yeah, but he mentioned at the end of all, but it was more of a pleading Trump about doing the right thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just one line at the n pray pray for people that's being you know, lost their homes, through the fires and things like that.
Speaker 4: We have to pray for people in gods as well. Yeah, regardless of how you lost your home, you lost your home.
Speaker 5: So I mean, I find that a little because I mean, if Lauren Michaels, who is a legend but is also supposed to be more on the liberal, nonsensoring side, it's of course it's still NBC at.
Speaker 2: The end of the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all censorship, but he's supposed to.
Speaker 5: Be that liberal comedian that always pushed the boundaries which made SNL When it was taboo to say certain things on TV, he allowed it.
Speaker 6: So we're stopping now because of the Jews. Like, that's where we draw the line on everything.
Speaker 4: It might be for him, depending on where the money come from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, like I mean, but that doesn't We've seen Dave walk away from more money than most people probably would ever walk away from. So when you say that, it confused me because it's like, but we've seen Dave stand on things that he believes in, walk away from a lot of money and still be able to come back and still be as successful one of the greatest ever. So now for NBC to have him on SNEL again and then try to censor somebody like Dave Chappelle. Doesn't really make sense to me because it's like, well, we know who Dave is and you know what he stands for, But like you said, where's the money coming from? I just don't Is it just about the money you think? Because we've seen Dave completely not give a fuck about money.
Speaker 4: Absolutely today, I think Dave still saw it as a value judgment. All right, you don't want me to talk about that, Well, I can talk a little bit more about this, and maybe disappearance still makes sense for me. It's still an opportunity to get some reach and then I'll just out you on the backside and then't knowing Dave, he's gonna take the whole experience and just put it on stage and be on Netflix in a couple Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think this may be the one time where I don't actually think it's about money. It's about that community, because I think there is unfortunately a lot of money in being pro Palestine and talking about that on a network. I think there's plenty of advertisers that would want to get behind that message because they would deem it to be the cool message.
Speaker 6: This is a community thing. To me, This isn't losing money.
Speaker 5: This is hey, I'm part of this community, and this community doesn't play that type of shit.
Speaker 4: Okay, So then that means that this community doesn't play this type of shit. Then that means that if you let somebody on your show to do something that I don't agree with, then what's the cost? And then you have to ask yourself, if you're law on Michaels, are you willing to pay the cost for letting someone come on your show and do something that pushes back it gets people that have supported you. Yeah, And so that's why I feel like the idea that this idea of freedom of speech, man is, it's very loose, you know, it's very gelatinous, and we try to add like freedom of speech, it's this concrete thing that we're all entitled to and that you will get it no matter what. I don't care where you go, who you work for, if you say some shit, eventually you will come to a line where someone goes, we don't fuck with that, right, Like it's been Cats has been banned. I know cats, I know Cats. They got kicked off Twitter, then went to YouTube, then went to Patreon and then went to there, what's the there's another one fans.
Speaker 6: It's not only this is funned from only fans, crazy Phillips.
Speaker 4: We'll get I bet you. But I bet your only fans has a line too where they go, all right, you can't do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have a line if they got caught, if someone brought attention to some wild shit on their platform, then they'd like, of course.
Speaker 4: Of course, you know, I don't know, it's like it's if they I'm not surprised that they network so they performer, Please don't do something that can start a bunch of shit with people that could be bad for our bread. I'm not shocked that that happened. Dave choosing to still go along with it, to me is strategic. I don't think it's him just laying down and allowing himself to be told what to do whatever.
Speaker 1: But I think that the thing that comedians have is y'all have this ability to push the line and say things and you get to you get to you know, the lol button. We call it like people laugh at it, but you have the great ones have a way of saying things and having the truth to it and still making people laugh. Which is something I think Dave Chappelle does well, Chris Rock does well, even you've done very well throughout your career. Is that something that because a quick story, I was at a restaurant over here and at a bar, sat down.
Speaker 2: Chris Rock was sitting there and he was writing.
Speaker 1: He was looking at something on like his phone, like news and things like that. So I'm like, okay, so this is like to me, it seems like this is the time where comedians understand what's going on in the world. They take things that are going on, real issues, try to find that fine line of let's address the issue, but let's also try to find some humor somewhere in there where it's gonna kind of take the heaviness off of the situation. Because even through tragedy, people still need to laugh, people still need to be entertained.
Speaker 2: That's something I think we'll never get away from.
Speaker 1: But is that something that as a commedy writer you stand behind, like, Okay, this is a real world issue, but let's try to find that funny, you know, moment where we all can come together and green like, yeah.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think and that's where you start getting into the censorship because the joke is just the delivery vehicle for the message. And so if you have a network where you don't want a particular message to be as verbalized or broadcast to people, then I can't let that joke happen. And I don't care how funny it is. I just don't want that message on my particular channels. So that's where you start getting into the censorship of it all. I mean, that's not just Israel Gaza. That could be trans issues. I mean, I mean just on a more surface level when you do late night sometimes, when you do a set on a late night show, hey, could you not do political jokes? And they just say, fuck all political topics, don't even talk about gun control. Come on here and talk about your kid and buying a stroller and buy by baby. Do that joke instead, because you'll send a booker a ten minute chunk, and from that ten minute chunk, they go, here's the five that you should do on this show, and they'll pick around all that edgy shit that you man. Yeah, you know, I had a joke years ago on Letterman. It was the only time I was on Letterman. Probably why you digging the grates it's somewhere on YouTube, but I went on Letterman and I don't remember the setup of the joke, but essentially it was about Mexican farm workers and just on wages or some shit, and the basic premise was that, you know, I respect Latinos because in America, if you're if you want your group to be respected, sooner or later, you have to pick fruit. You have to pick an, You have to do yard work in this country. If you want rights, we need to know you did yard work Asians did the railroads. You know, black people, it's Mexicans. And that's all the joke. And mother fucker the emails after that, yeah, which is not sure if that was the right. It was funny. And the layers of approvals they have to happen every word in late night. If someone's performing on late night, there's a transcript. Yeah, yeah, there are no surprises anymore in late night. It's like, you want to talk about censorship, like we need to know every word so that if you deviate from a word, we know whether or not to cut your mic. So you know, I don't know, man, I think that I think that every network, every place has a line in the saying of what they're willing to allow. And I just think that freedom of speech is just freedom of speech, so long as it doesn't fuck up my bread. Yeah, it's generally what it seems to be in our society now, especially with all these media company you know, they broke. All these media companies are broke, so.
Speaker 2: They can't afford. Yeah, they can't take to lose.
Speaker 4: One cooking penny of advertise. Yep.
Speaker 5: I mean the only time I think I've seen someone really go off script, ironically was John Stewart when he was on Colbert.
Speaker 2: With the COVID shit. That was the first. I was like, oh, there was no talk.
Speaker 5: He was saying the same shit of like, yeah, I had to submit my whole set, Like I was reading a teleprompter of my own set. You can't miss a word. Watching John Stewart do that shit, I was like, yeah, there's no way that was on any qu card, but you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you should earn that.
Speaker 4: And Chappelle has earned that absolutely. If Chappelle had went off script the way he wanted to, he still would have it still would have aired, and then they would have scrubbed it from me Internet. The same is what they did with the kind and ship. Yeah, but the average performer does not get that freedom. And if you want that freedom, you have to do what you all have done and create your own space for it. Because it's a lot of what what we've even talked about just now that shit ain't getting green lip for a chit chat with Jimmy Fallon. Yeah, Jimmy wants three topics for you to talk about that Black History Month at the White House, Kodak Black.
Speaker 6: We'll have to pay into the roots during that conversation to get prove.
Speaker 2: What about your son?
Speaker 4: Is your son?
Speaker 2: What about your son?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How's he do it? Let's talk about these flights, man? What Roy? What the hell is going on with these flights as people that travel out?
Speaker 4: No, bro, but I'm trying to hit a lick.
Speaker 1: They so the Delta Airlines the latest one Delta Airlines flight from Minneapolis crash landed in Toronto. If you the video, the runway looked like it was full of snow ice everywhere and it flipped upside down. But now Delta has responded in there offering each passenger. Luckily nobody was No lives were lost on this on this crash, but Delta has responded they're offering thirty thousand dollars to each passenger that's on that flight.
Speaker 5: I was with Roy, I'm here to catch a lick, Like I'm one of those people that woman like walks on the crates in New York City, like hoping one of them will fall.
Speaker 6: I'm about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but thirtyk the way that shit flipped over, I don't know if thirty.
Speaker 1: K is the lick that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a six digit plane crash.
Speaker 6: That's a risk for thirty k after taxes six It was a fireball.
Speaker 4: It's the best possible scenario. I don't know if you saw the footage. Ever, the plane crash is slit. It rolled because it rolled, both wings broke off. That's where all the fuel is, basically like the fireballs behind us. So now we're just in a tube. Bro, I'm with that ship. Bro, roll me in the tube down a freeway. Plans playing in about one hundred and fifty miles an hour, Yeah, give it take a little slower maybe, depending on the size of the one hundred and fifty miles an hour into two three hundred yards two hundred thousand dollars. I think it's the number that's.
Speaker 2: What you're comfortable with.
Speaker 1: I think two were talking about after taxes, ship lawyers and ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can you got this was in Canada, so you have to figure out that whole currency exchange situation.
Speaker 4: Right, seven hundred comfortably seven hundred.
Speaker 6: Like settle, we don't even need to take it to court.
Speaker 2: Here's the money.
Speaker 4: I'll sign whatever, medical waivers whatever, like I gotta, you know, give me a couple of neurological give me some free ris to make sure my ship straight.
Speaker 5: But going in, do you know that you're gonna survive? Because that's I would do. Would if I knew I was just gonna roll.
Speaker 4: I fly those are cr Jay's I fly that all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like when you're going down to d C from New York.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are a little wower flight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, any from New York to Toronto, that's the same plane every time.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, I'm getting on a Delta flight tomorrow. Scared shitless, yo should be. You know that they fired a bunch of air traffic controllers. They're doing a bunch of layoffs at the AA. There were two planes that just collided, two single passenger planes. Arolina was in Arizona over an airport that has no ATC. So like small airports, there's no nigga, there's nobody there, there's no crossing guard. It's just yo, if you know what. Yeah, after a thunderstorm and the powers out and you just gotta trust each other in a section.
Speaker 2: But the sky, the sky, you gotta hit your high beams in front of you.
Speaker 7: You got it.
Speaker 2: You've got high beam three times.
Speaker 1: Now you go.
Speaker 6: You know what, I'll just pull over and let them beside.
Speaker 4: That ship is a stressful job. Brok is just trying to keep thirty forty planes all in the air.
Speaker 1: I thought it was interesting how to stew was saying, don't record, like telling people don't record anything as they would like exiting the plane, like we don't want this, No.
Speaker 2: No, we recording this.
Speaker 4: I need this for my lawyer, Like I need documentary. I need to see that.
Speaker 2: You show y'all me getting off this flight that's flipped upside.
Speaker 5: Down on the road with I would have went right on twitch if I survived the Sully Hudson miracle. Shit, I would been live streaming like through the water like it is cold as fuck. You gotta re you know, be on the wing.
Speaker 4: I you know what, you didn't see though, in that Delta evacuation video which you didn't see is whoever was in the exit real seat, who was supposed to have been their monkey ass right there help everybody else. They gone, we.
Speaker 8: Scared as.
Speaker 6: We talked about that a few weeks ago.
Speaker 5: I think, right when I just went on a trip of how much the airline industry doesn't give a fuck about us, because I've sat in the exit row a million times. They walked by like are you good? Like, yeah, do you want to know my name? Like anything about me?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Like if I can handle a pressure situation, are you okays?
Speaker 4: Yep? All right? Then read the card in your seat back.
Speaker 6: Why are you giving me attitude about your safety?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So yeah, they don't give a fuck. They put anyone there.
Speaker 5: They'll put an air marshal in first class, but not an air marshal next to the exitro.
Speaker 4: But see, this is the issue, though, and it's come back to trump. The Delta crash, the Toronto rollover happens, then Arizona happens, and then Pete Buddhajeedge is trending on Twitter.
Speaker 2: He sat in that same seat.
Speaker 4: Oh it's his fault, and he's because he's jays are ruining in the sky. Like that's where it's like, come on, man, y'all got it, y'all won y'all in charge on it.
Speaker 2: He's a ruin in this guy.
Speaker 5: No, I just wanted to because you know, I be on Republicans Twitter sometimes for laughs and like after the thing that happened in DC, all these like out of shape, fucking bum ass republic Plicans are like this.
Speaker 6: DEI pilot.
Speaker 5: I'm like, shorty has one thousand hours in an Apache helicopter, She'll whoop your ass. Yes, there's people that do nothing, contribute nothing to society. Not healthy are saying DEI to someone that knows how to fly all you know.
Speaker 4: That's what they're already spending on this track too, because the company that runs a CRJ service, they have done a lot of all women flights before and they're going, this is the same company's stupid. It was a dude on that flight though, But now you're just going with this company as a whole. So now is it any company? Is it all women they crash planes are all blacks? Or is it companies that hire all women in blacks? And it's all right? Now you stretching the narrative a little bit, but there's no way as a Democrat, how do you fight back from that. That's the problem is that that shit is working, bro.
Speaker 6: It is Yeah, no, it's definitely working.
Speaker 5: But it's also working because not all Democrats, but most Democrats do try to make sense to some degree. Republicans to throw common said, They're not going to let that fuck up their argument, Like the fact that they put this woman in charge of the JFK files that the Republicans put I'm like, where is there the where's the d I shit, Now, what does this woman do?
Speaker 6: She can't read women can't read the Democrats? She knows about the CIA.
Speaker 4: The Democrats' best defense against Trump so far has just been uh it no, this d E and I crashing the plane. No stop, you got to fight back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it, though, man, I mean not people crashing. I'm yeah.
Speaker 5: But even then, all the Republicans, like any woman that they put in charge of something, none of their base will say d I'll be like, oh, well, she agrees with Trump, so she must she must be smart.
Speaker 2: I just think it's yet she's fit for the role.
Speaker 1: Spirit Airlines is thriving and plane hasn't crashed nothing. They just like y'all had all these jokes for us for years about Spirit airlines, none of about none of our none of our.
Speaker 6: Planes went down like Frontier thriving like we chill it over here.
Speaker 4: That's what Spirit should tweet. Yeah, if I was that's funny. If I was another airline, I'd be talking.
Speaker 1: If your spirit you have to lean into all of this like we're talking about, like find the tragedy.
Speaker 2: We understand.
Speaker 4: But as all.
Speaker 5: Gods exactly the Father, the Son of the Holy Spirit, that should be the tweet.
Speaker 6: Let's uh, let's get to this.
Speaker 5: Lizzo ship man. I don't I don't want to be hearty, but listen, look all right, but listen.
Speaker 1: Little has always been pretty. We we've talked about. Yeah, I always always been pretty. Now it's a little different. Always been very positive and very you know, secure about her body and her shape.
Speaker 6: Cool, but now she's just different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but now she's focusing on being healthy and getting in shape and working out. And now she's you know, doing the same thing she's been doing. She's been showing up somebody. This is just you know, her new body. Ever since she decided to go on our health journey. Yes, I mean get the new body. You want to show her about it? Hey, look at she was showing the body before I got kicked out of the stables.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, now she should go to a Lakers game with her. Now I believe she's okay to do that now or I didn't I didn't feel that way.
Speaker 1: Yes, now it's okay, okay, got Now it's like that's that was too much before you guys.
Speaker 5: Your last out in front of children. Now I don't care.
Speaker 2: No, Lizo looks great, man like, she looks great.
Speaker 1: I'm happy that you know she's on this whole journey working out, exercise and eating eating right. Because her music are talent, Lizzo is very talented, but you know she falls into that category of probably trying to do things to get attention that's not music related. But she's super talented. And I just love the fact that she's on this whole journey and taking care of us.
Speaker 4: How do artists or do artists? How do artists or do artists have a responsibility to the feeling of abandonment they may create within their fan base when they built the following on body positivity, it's a really interesting question because there's a lot of people because the same thing happened, and it's a it's a little funnier in a way. But the same thing happened with Monique or way early, you know, queens of comedy, Monique, Physique. It's not Monique now. And then Monique wrote a book called Skinny Bitches are Evil or Skinny with Them and the Devil or whatever, and then every big girl was like, wait a minute, bitch, watch you get scary on me. I thought we was in this plush life. Yeah, so you know, I think it's I think that when there's backlash for losing weight, right, because like Lizo, like even in losing weight, she's dealing with backlash from people going, well, I thought you were supposed to I can stay that same shape and love who you was. I think it's about just loving yourself as you are and just being allowed to change.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: It has to come with the messaging because well, she can't lose her fan base is saying understanding that some people just hereditarily cannot lose weight and some people just can't get ozemic either, still making sure they feel good about themselves, but also pushing hey, we also need to be healthy.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't think.
Speaker 5: I think there's some good shame and some good bullying to some degree. I think there is a line. I think we should bully people to be healthy. That is very important. I'm not not like, actually shit on their entire life, but you should encourage your fan base if they are overweight by.
Speaker 4: Choice, to be healthy and shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's a bad message to tell the pace that you've been encouraging to embrace your curves.
Speaker 4: Okay, then is it about then? I don't know. The comedian in me goes, well, then do you have to acknowledge the change? And because like most comics, when they go through an evolution as a person, there's a special that can yah yeah, okay, y'all, I've decided to lose weight now, and like Jim Gaffigan is a great example of this shit, Gaffi can build his whole career on chubby pocket. Yeah spelt last special slip and talks about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I think that, you know, I don't know. I wonder if there's a disconnect, like how do you how do you feel good about yourself without making people feel bad about themselves? At the same time.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I'm just laughing at a Jim Gaffigan fan going, he got skinny on me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no way, mena that that's sad in the more than him being anti Trump, they were flying him not liking trouble with Gaffigan.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, I mean, yeah, I definitely think of women.
Speaker 5: It's obviously a bit crazier, but yeah, she needs to have that one sit down interview find some women in media.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's gad.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about Lizzo's new uh portrait by bitch to the old picture of herself?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know how Lizo felt about her I know what she portrayed to feel about herself, but I don't know what she actually felt about herself.
Speaker 8: I know some people look at it, like he said, as a betrayal.
Speaker 7: But if you weren't eating right and doing the things that you were supposed to be doing, or even if you were and you weren't making Sometimes when you're not, when you don't like the way that you look, you make really stupid decisions about the people you keep around you because you don't feel like you're worthy of better. It could happen subconsciously, and you don't notice that until you're out of that space. But it's like, I could have only been dating this the man that I was dating because I felt like I wasn't good enough for something better.
Speaker 8: So even if she wasn't.
Speaker 7: Ashamed of the way that she looks, it's more of a I didn't feel like I was good enough, and I allow people to treat me like I wasn't good enough. So that could be the bybit she's talking to the person that made decisions like that.
Speaker 8: But I don't know.
Speaker 7: I can't speak for her, but I do. I do get where you're not gonna win if you lose the weight. People are gonna be like, oh, it was supposed to be fat, bitious for life, but if you don't lose the weight, you're getting dragged. Like even with y'all making the jokes of, oh, she could go to the Lakers game half naked out if she was a skinny girl, when that happened, nobody would have given a fuck girls we half naked all the time.
Speaker 5: No, that was a joke because when that did happen, we were on the side of nobody should have their ass streaks.
Speaker 2: Out at a Lakers game. Yeah, nobody should go ray it. No, it's a Lakers game.
Speaker 8: If Dream was.
Speaker 7: Out at the Lakers game or her as thout, y'all wouldn't be complaining.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 5: I would say, put on some fucking jeans. You're at a basketball game.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true, baby, because we when Kanye and his wife did the red carpet for the Grammys, we was like, look great you doing. Yeah, that's naked. We could see your lip.
Speaker 7: Like on the red car Rihanna Ward at Diamond Slovarski Diamond dress, you could see Rihanna's nipples first.
Speaker 8: You will see her whole attire back of her ass.
Speaker 2: Stop. Stop, you don't even believe what you just said.
Speaker 5: There's something has to do with taste, art, fashion, et cetera, as compared to being butt ass naked with your pussy out at an award show.
Speaker 7: Yes, please tell me that there. Ya's very nice. It's all about it's all about fashion, connoisaur So, but is it about the fashion or is it about the body part? Because plenty of people show off body parts. But because y'all like the outfit more, I.
Speaker 5: Think what Little Kim did was more iconic based off a fashion and moment than her just walking on the red carpet but ass naked, that's not a moment.
Speaker 8: But I'm not taking we're talking about can we pull up the picture of little with her ass?
Speaker 1: I just I mean when she went into the Lakers game, it was just like a T shirt and the ass was cut out in the bottom of the T shirt like.
Speaker 6: She was trying to make a moment.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like it was like it was like, you know what I mean, like she.
Speaker 8: Was trying to make a moment.
Speaker 7: But if if all I'm saying is if she was a skinny deemed like hot girl, nobody would have cared.
Speaker 2: Nobody would think people would have here.
Speaker 1: I think people would have cared because it's like yo, first of like you got word like T shirt and just the ass is cut out on the T shirt like people would have talked about it, like they talked about.
Speaker 2: You know, uh, Bianca on the on the carpet. But it was like that was just completely new.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're showing if you have a dress song like you said with Rihanna, and it's showing a little nipple, you know, nipples, this kind of sheer kind of dress, this a little more tasting class.
Speaker 2: It's time in place.
Speaker 1: To me, I think the Laker gang know, that's just like Rihanna at the Wow Yeah, that's just that's at the Laker game list.
Speaker 7: Me personally, I don't want anybody to wear that. But I'm just thinking when it comes to it's standing, when when men start picking and saying, oh, you shouldn't wear that and this and that, it all depends on who they're attracted to. So my point, my original point in that is when you are smaller, you're berated less like it just is what it is.
Speaker 8: You know, she's gonna catch backlash no matter what the function.
Speaker 5: And I feel you on who Lizo maybe had in their life or whatever this and that. But also she may have went to the doctors and they said, hey, your organs are not doing great. The valves in your heart suck. You need to get healthier. And I'm sure Lizo didn't go oh no, but my fan base wants me fat.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: She cares about living longer.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna sit and things like I'm gonna offend my fan base and then I'll die like nah, yeah, I'm gonna get skinny.
Speaker 1: Well, either way, she looks she looks great. I mean, I'm happy for Lizo. She looks like she's happy. She looks like, you know, she's in a better space obviously physically.
Speaker 4: So she seemed like she would give us like two more albums than a daytime talk show. Yeah, that seems right, and I may not in a good way, like daytime talk requires a level of joy. Yeah, in your heart, I think.
Speaker 5: Like Lizo getting scared is way less of a problem than Lily Phillips fucking a thousand men.
Speaker 6: To me, that's a worse message.
Speaker 1: Now, this is this is crazy Lily Phillips, who obviously did she did an orgy if you want to call it, slept with a thousand men a couple of weeks ago, and now she's reporting that orgy well, I mean or train whatever you call it, long ass train. She announced that she's Amtrak. She's pregnant. She's pregnant now as a result of this train ride that she went on, which one of the lucky passengers do you think is going to come forward and say, oh, and how do you even go through that? Do all men now have to take a DNA to paternity test?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: How do I guess they'll go in order, and if it's the third one then they'll save some money. But if it's a guy that went last, then they're gonna have to go through everyone.
Speaker 8: She's probably faking this.
Speaker 2: I'm probably on that side too. Really you think, so, yeah, why would she fake this?
Speaker 6: Control?
Speaker 1: But that's why I say, why fake this? If she she slept with a thousand, so it's like why it was one hundred men? No, she's a hundred.
Speaker 4: That's not what.
Speaker 2: Oh Bonnie Blue was a thousand Lily Phillips with one hundred men. This is wifey materials.
Speaker 1: Fine, so we could, Yeah, she's a she's the other one's a horror, but this this one is a very very you know, respectful, respectable, a nuclear family.
Speaker 2: But how do they go about this though? Like how do they find who the dad is?
Speaker 4: If this is you got, you just subpoena everybody. That's craaperwork.
Speaker 5: Also, I think in that window of the hundred men, there's no way she didn't sleep with other people too that month. Like I think it's more than just one hundred.
Speaker 7: She'd probably like fasted like right before, you know, right before Thanksgiving. You kind of like just do green juices, Like I don't think.
Speaker 4: She tighten it up, get it ready for the big fight, get it risk, gotta.
Speaker 2: Meet that weight. You got to meet that catchwaight.
Speaker 6: HBO twenty for twenty.
Speaker 4: Imagine being at dude. Imagine me and the dude and it's yours, and you got to explain to your son that is that that child has lost already every fight in school, already, every every dozens everyone, and.
Speaker 2: I can't win.
Speaker 5: We used to talk like ten years ago of like, damn, pick a wife out this bunch. They have some racy photo on Instagram that you have to explain to their kids. Kids gonna bully them, bring it back up. I never thought it would get to this, that woean where their asset on Instagram is gonna look like a saint, but all our kids are in middle school getting bullied.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean I have some some friends in the adult industry. I've never really asked, but I just assumed that she would be on birth control during this. I would have thought this feat that she was trying to accomplish like I would have assumed she was on had.
Speaker 4: Been my first question when the subpoena show up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like she wasn't on birth control.
Speaker 4: You wasn't.
Speaker 6: You can't stop God's plan more.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 6: The Lord, the Lord was in the room and whatever was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Was gonna happen.
Speaker 4: You can get the hell out of here.
Speaker 2: If I'm the father, yeah, I'm not on Yeah.
Speaker 6: I feel I think this is the only time it's okay to abandon your child.
Speaker 4: You deserve a child. If you get in line for that, you deserve. You deserve a reminder.
Speaker 1: It takes a certain type of man to kind of step up and take that test and be the father and then say, okay, I'm going to raise this child. That's a you might be dad of the century if you do that, Like, how do you step up.
Speaker 4: To that plate and say, okay, I'll raise Imagine being able to google your conception.
Speaker 2: And watch it and watch it like there, it goes right there.
Speaker 6: That's when you that's the activity scene.
Speaker 2: That goes right there.
Speaker 4: Just watch yourself being created.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 5: And you know, kids curious that they that kid, especially with those genetics from that woman and any man that was weigh in that line.
Speaker 2: That kid is looking up how he was fine? That kid is a He's gonna be somebody whoever this kid, is he gonna be someone?
Speaker 4: My son is third grade and he came home one day and he told me, I googled Roywood Jr. What you find comedy stuff? Yeah? What you google after that roy Wood junior kid? What you find pictures is me? You and mom? Good? What if that?
Speaker 5: But what you have to understand. Your legacy in comedy is one thing. I don't think this woman is ever gonna top this legacy. So the moment he types in just her name, period, he's not go to type in and kids.
Speaker 2: Popping up a middle.
Speaker 5: I don't think she's gonna be known for anything else for the rest of her life.
Speaker 2: That's sad that you have to put an extra.
Speaker 4: Remember remember when the bar for sex tape was just fuck once in a grainy video and maybe.
Speaker 2: Little dialogue, little dig here, Like.
Speaker 4: When you really think about ray J Kim Kardashian, that wouldn't even move the needle today.
Speaker 5: No, No, it's kind of like romantic of a couple on vacation, vacation, Like it's not even some two people in a relationship with vacation.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't even retweet that porn on Twitter. No, it's not back in the Twitter at.
Speaker 6: Home the archives away from you.
Speaker 4: Whirdose? Yeah, but now you have the baseline as a hundo and then the other person did a thousand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I love I love the like the hustle in that. You didn't want to go to two hundred. No, that's the wildest auction ever. Someone bets one hundred and then you go right to a thousand.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I just I didn't know that endurance pussy was a genre. Yeah, that's definitely porn. That's definitely a genre.
Speaker 2: How much want to say? How much can you take?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: That does nothing. I never care to see no shit like that, never like it, not, never cared to click on it. Nothing like in the video. Can you see all the guys or is it like there has a cut off for like I'm sure.
Speaker 2: You can see them. I'm sure it's like a set up, like a set of bed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta your face gotta be shown for this? What did they What do you pay for that?
Speaker 5: See? I don't even know how I could say that's not my kid, and then I end up having a kid later on. I can't explain to my children that I stood in line with ninety nine other woman.
Speaker 4: What's happening between guys? Like, is there a pit crew to come in and like this ship clean it up? Yeah, you can break in there just right after the next dude, is it like a gentleman's agreement? We all pull out problem pull out then?
Speaker 1: Only you don't even magine you get a pit crew in there, Give a granola bar some water, you know, keep her, keep her, you keep a blood sugar level up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You got to you got to make sure the car is running well.
Speaker 5: And as someone that's been a manager, it's an artist, I could only imagine what a stressful.
Speaker 2: Day for that management team. Yeah, you have to deal with.
Speaker 5: One hundred other talent and your client is the focus of everything. You have to make sure your client is saveable.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 5: I just I mean, I'm sure that the guys have a group chat. I'm sure there's like lifelong friendships that came from that line.
Speaker 4: I got to take an AIDS test that day, Like right there as you walk in AIDS.
Speaker 6: And they said that they did paperwork.
Speaker 4: You came in here.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying now, you had to submit paperwork. But the guys that stay in this line, I feel like would photoshop paperwork to say they didn't have std like that.
Speaker 2: That guy would do that. No, they had. They had the medical team on set like COVID nasal all of that ship.
Speaker 1: But whoever the father is, you know, good, congrats, congrats and we'll see We'll see you somewhere down the line.
Speaker 5: Before we get out of here. Would you mind telling your j Prince story one more time?
Speaker 4: Y'all have heard that ship.
Speaker 6: Haven't That is one of my favorite YouTube clips that bro.
Speaker 4: People people really think that that ship was a joke.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't think it was a joke at all.
Speaker 2: That's why I thought about you.
Speaker 4: And confirm that ship.
Speaker 6: I didn't see that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, can you give us some backstory if our listeners haven't heard your j print story.
Speaker 4: So, so, I used to do prank phone call. I did morning radio, so I did stand up. I was doing morning radio with your bank.
Speaker 6: Phone calls were some of the best.
Speaker 4: That was the viral when you go viral email, I'm old in the back of the day. See your email openness, trust me. And so so my pranks, my pranks are jumping off. They're going viral all over the South. And I get a call from a record label in Houston, and they go, Yo, we want to fuck with you. We want to do a prank call album with you, but we only want to prank call black celebrities.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Oh and this is this is at the beginning of Ashton Kut, Your Pumped and all of that. So, like the idea of celebrity pranking is a new Yeah, so I'm like fuck it. Yeah, I'll fuck with that because it could keep in mind my pranks. At this point, they're getting put on mixtapes and shit too. And this is also back at the time where comedy and hip hop had more of a yeah synergy, you know what I'm saying, Like I freaking Cameron in them. My shit was on dipset mixtapes, was on three six Chamellionaire fucking Chameleon at a reason half of my shit got Western Dallas in terms of my comedy and reach pimps and so like I was on like mixtapes and shit, and so this labels like you're perfect and we'll fucking do the celebrity calls and we'll put rap songs in between it. Yeah, come on down to Houston, nigga. Yeah, so I fly down to Houston. I leave Birmingham, I fly to Houston. I get to Houston ten eleven o'clock in the morning, and I go to the studio and we'd already done the paperwork, signed a contract, and they have a list of people that to prank call, and they just go, we're gonna prank call some folks. Now, all we know for the most part is Texas celebrities. So we're gonna start up with some of these folks and hopefully we get them, they'll open up their rolodecks to us and we be able to call more folks. And so it's a couple of names on the list. It's Vince Young, it's Michael Irvin, Jay Prince, And they go, which one of these people do you want to call first?
Speaker 5: And I go, well, all three don't sound like it'll go well, Michael.
Speaker 4: Irvin should be easy, Vince Young, yes, yeah, either way. But Jay Prince is for sure going to be the hardest because he's the coldest and you know, you know the legend of him and all of that.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 4: My thing was always with pranks, start with the hardest call of the day first, so the rest of your day is easy. So go fuck it, Let's call J Prince. Go Okay, well, what's the premise? All right, I'm gonna call J and I'm gonna tell him. I'm gonna call J Prince posing as a Houston record store on Yeah, man, I fucking my record store. We got all these rap a lot of albums in here, ain't none of them selling. Rap a lot ain't ship rap a lot, ain't been ship for a while. Last good album was Fucking Till Death do 's Part, which is like, that's a disgusting insult if you know Southern hip hop. Oh, that's a terrible So I just got all this ship. So we called J Prince.
Speaker 6: How do you feel about your safety while writing this premise?
Speaker 4: Where's perfectly fine. Keep in mind I've done two or three hundred print calls at this point, and at this point in radio, I've been threatening, but nobody's ever come to put hands on me, because at the end of the day, it was always love and lesson. I learned everybody I pranked up until that point was I was put up to by someone they love, so they didn't fuck me up off the strength of that, right, right, I forgot I wasn't baptized.
Speaker 2: I wasn't baptized one. You should have made sure baptized.
Speaker 4: But I'm in there with the record label.
Speaker 2: I want to impress, don't.
Speaker 4: That's why I always say pranks and sketches. That's a young man's game. Like I was in the right mindset to be that crazy. So we called J Prince and he in the car. What's going on is J Yeah, nigga, these albums ain't selling, Nigga. Come get these rapper out of albums, nigga. That's why I with Swish a house nigga, which is also a crazy fucking thing to say, especially at that time. At that time, the height this is like old five or sixsh rise of Swisher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you don't fun ship like that. Nope.
Speaker 4: But I'm on the phone and I'm fucking Land and I'm hitting him. I'm hitting him with fucking insults and he's not reacting, and like in a prank. He' shit funny, niggas supposed to give you some ship back, nigger, fucking nigga. Fuck you, I'm J printing. I'll fu you, nigga. I lay at J. Prince for like thirty forty five seconds straight and all he replied with, is where you at? In the in the engineer, he started, dude, do this.
Speaker 2: Where you at? I'm I'm at my.
Speaker 4: Store right now, and I need might hear will if you say you at the store and you say you want your money back for these album I gotta know where you at to bring you your money naturally, So where you at. Don't worry about where I'm at right now? What you need to know it's a rap. I ain't selling no more wrapper out of albums. All I'm selling from now and I just start naming every Southern record label. I ain't selling nothing but hypnotized. I'm selling goddamn god, damn bunch of family. You know I'm telling nothing else. I'm selling slipping slide slides. Crazy where you are? And the engineer is like, and so it's not funny. No more, go go mister prince. I break character. I go, mister prince. My name is Roy Virginia. Now mind you. I have no cachet as a comedian at this point. I have like two credits on Comic View Prince who.
Speaker 6: Brins doesn't laugh. So like the comedy genre, is it.
Speaker 4: Book marked that book marked?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 4: So the dude with the label and run the studio or whatever. He come on the mic. Hey, hey, J Hey, J Hey J. It's Donny. It's Donny. We were just down here doing some pranks.
Speaker 2: It's us.
Speaker 4: We're just we're just kidding.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: This is Roy, this is our new comedian, and we're doing a prank call album and we just thought it'd be fun to prank you. Sorry, sorry if we called you any trouble today. Oh you down there with Donnie?
Speaker 2: Now you know where you at?
Speaker 4: I know exactly, Hey man, turn the car click and he hung up in our face. We called j Prince back two three times. Trying to smooth a ship. We're trying to smooth a ship out.
Speaker 5: Hey, Jay is cool.
Speaker 4: It was a prank, right, everything was cool? Right? He wouldn't asker. The phone engineer left the room. Now mind you. I came in straight from the airport because let's get to work. I go, hey man, let me go get checked into the hotel. Let me just make sure the hotel is straight, and then we can restrategize and we'll come back this evening. We'll knock out, we'll do some more.
Speaker 6: You didn't make a copy of that contract, right, I'll just take that one with me.
Speaker 4: That's cool, right, they go cool. Yeah, I get in the cab. I went back to the airport. I bought a ticket at the counter Continental Airlines. This is before the United merger Continental Airlines Houston to Birmingham. I was in Houston a total of two hours. Dipped to this day, contractually, I O b C D a celebrity prank phone call out. I dipped, never return. Fast forward that's like five or six. Fast forward to the year that Jay's autobiography is his memoir came out. Recipes Jazz Fly Jazz and so Jazz Jazz is the one ton because I tweeted about it, right and Jazz fucking set it up and we get him on the Daily Show as a guest. So he's coming to the Daily Show and this is the first time I'm gonna see this nigga oh man since I tried to frank him.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, I'm like, DM and Jazz on Twitter?
Speaker 2: Is there anything I can get?
Speaker 4: What liquor?
Speaker 2: Does he?
Speaker 4: And the day before he came on Daily Show, Jay Prince went on Sway and Sway asked him about that whole story, and he asked, that's Jay, Were you really on the way to the studio to fuck him up, to which Jay Prince said, I was just gonna laugh with him. Okay, you wanted to laugh, I wanted to pull up and laugh, which meant you was for fun up he was. And when I think about all of that now, I realized how sideways I was, because you on his turf, disrespecting him in his city, Like, you can be funny, but you can't be disrespectful, And what I did was disrespect. He's gotta check that that nigg ain't gonna sign the waiver for that plank call to be released. I gotta check disrespect because any if people see you joking with me, everybody think they can joke like I understand. I didn't under standing in the cold of it at the time. Yeah. I grew up in the hood, but I ain't no street nigga. I cut through the projects to go to the library to take computer classes. So with certain parts of code that I'm just hey, young nigga, let me let me correct you real quick, and hey, let me come and slap the shit at you real quick. So and then I talked, and so then Jazz and I talked about that ship after the fact, and she said she once saw Jay Prince at a comedy club and he never laughed. He said, they saw Jay at the comedy club.
Speaker 6: He was only there the longer money. He just didn't even know.
Speaker 2: What the business was.
Speaker 4: Asked me who the headliner was, Bernie Max.
Speaker 2: He's not laughing at that, Bernie.
Speaker 6: That was the only time Bernie said, I am scared.
Speaker 4: Of You want the buddies, she said, She said, J Prince said, I ain't never heard a joke.
Speaker 2: What the fuck does that even mean? How hard is your life? You ain't never heard.
Speaker 4: Nothing fun Ain't ain't nothing funny, Ain't nothing funny.
Speaker 2: Here you are calling my phone with this dumb shit.
Speaker 4: I called him a custom mount and came to that studio to put hands on me. But I was too quick for you, nigga. You to catch me fifteen years later.
Speaker 5: I mean, if if they come back on the contract and you have to recoup, I get you J Prince Junior's number if you want to prank him.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: On any of the Prince family. I am nothing but an ally. I've enjoyed going back to you. You know, Houston was a no fly zone for me for a minute. I bet when I left, I didn't go back to Houston to perform for like fucking seven eight years, just because I don't because you're on the flyer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you don't know.
Speaker 4: If I don't know, if it's my name out and I don't know, yeah, and I don't and and Houston is one of them, like comedically speaking, Houston is a city strictly for superstars and locals. Yeah, so I never came there enough to perform, so I'm not even protected by the local comics. Like even now, I only know four or five comics, and even they couldn't keep Yeah, niggas from want to put hands the best I get nice Ali Sibi would give me a ten minute heads up. Hey man, you may want have yet may be somewhere else. Delete this number. Click.
Speaker 6: Did you see him in the hallway of the Daily Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we chopped it up. We got a picture, man, Okay, we got a picture. It's love.
Speaker 6: It's love now, it's all good type of emotion.
Speaker 4: No, no, nigga did the gunpoint.
Speaker 2: I can't get you here, but I can't get you you did the gunpoint.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was all love. Man. He gave us a good shout out on Drink Champs. Yeah, I was on Drink Champs. Shout out to j Prince the Legend.
Speaker 6: Man before we get out of here, just quickly.
Speaker 5: I know it's a very open ended question, but is there any favorite Daily Show stories behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: I really enjoy being able to cover black Ship on that show. If it's something I miss, it's that I don't get to do that at CNN. We talk about news, but like you do, like your regular corresponding pieces.
Speaker 5: But like you and Van Jones can't do something like cry together, I ain't gonna cry with Van Jones.
Speaker 4: Van Jones got money. Every time I see Van Jones craving from one smile, yeah, that's why he cried. You can't believe you got that.
Speaker 6: Bezos gave it to me for free. I do nothing with the money with it.
Speaker 4: Let me get some of them. I see him in the hallways sometimes it's CNN. I'd be like, man, let me get with them suits. Yeah, ain't wearing but one.
Speaker 2: No, we would do like.
Speaker 4: Bro. I think some of the shit we did. Man, we did a story one time like this is shit that like this is why I get Trevor Noa credits like Trevor. Trevor's he's black, he's not Black American, so he's smart enough to go all right, let me sit in the Alabama and you go over there and do the thing, because it gave us a different connection with some of the people we were interviewing. Bro We went to Chicago week. We was on the South Side and South Shore doing a walk and talk down blocks with gang intervenors who literally all they do is go block the block and talk to cruise and try to squash beef and don't even involve the police. And they let us come in. They let me come in with cameras and I'm talking like blocks where every block they have to go at the block to get the clearance for us to come down the block. So we weren't even like just shit was like you probably should not be here, but for them to trust us with our cameras to come tell the story of black folks actually fighting black on black crime, because you know, that's what they try to frame is that you know, niggas don't care about you know, black filling blacks. We did the twentieth anniversary of the Millionaire in March, like spots where you shouldn't even have new satire. And it's weird because when you're talking about doing new satire with black people, especially Black Americans, that shit is dicey because satire requires me to lie to you and for you to understand that I'm lying to you, right, and then that's the joke. But black folks get lied to their entire existence. So you know, I don't want to deal with this shit, So for folks to trust me like that, Like, those are the stories I love. Like one of the last stories I did before I dipped was on Cop City and you got gangs of black folks living in the forest, inhabit in an area where they trying to build a new police compound in Atlanta, Like folks willing to dipitish And so we're in the forest with cameras talking to people like that shit. And it's not just black people there, let me be fair, but the fact that this is something that if they build this, it will decimate black communities downstream. Yeah, and that aside from promoting over policing and all of that shit, just to straight up fact, if you build this, this shit down the hill will flood. And that's a black neighborhood down the hill, so to be able to be trusted. The thing I missed the most is being able to tell black stories about stuff affecting Black Americans and using humor to do it. I want to figure out a way to get back into that. I mean, seeing it is cool, but that's more. We got to keep that more because it's a panel show too. Yeah, I can't bring on some Republican congress motherfucker. Let's talk about the goddamn games in Chicago. So I think that's what I miss. Man. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 6: Was it you and Jordan Klever that did the police training.
Speaker 4: That was the first piece we did.
Speaker 2: That was that was one of my favorite.
Speaker 4: We did a ride along with the Madison Police Department who had just killed an unarmed black man four months prior and they had all this anti bias training. Come take the training. That ship was goofy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I should like office chairs and ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it was a real like, man, they had a simulator. They had a paintball simulator where like it's like I guess which person is gonna pull the gun on your type situation. Basically like just herky jerky reaction ship and then it's a kid, and then the kid comes up and a popsicle Like, who pull up? You deserve to get shot?
Speaker 2: You don't pull popsicle from behind your man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, we we just got to you know, as silly as the Daily Show can be, sometimes we got we got we got chances, man, to like really pick and choose some spots to like really talk about ship that was going going on in the world and use humor to do it.
Speaker 5: Man, that's the importance of the show to me. I mean, of course it's silly, but that's what separated it from everything else that actually funny. It really was.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: All right, Roy, we appreciate you coming by.
Speaker 1: Second season of Have I Got News for You is available now CNN, and Your Lonely Flower Specialist out now on Hulu.
Speaker 4: Man, thank you, We appreciate it coming.
Speaker 2: About Roy Wood Junior, the Legend. Man, thank you.
Speaker 5: If you want to screaming crazy Republican on your show, I'm not bullshit.
Speaker 2: I'm damn bro, I'm not I'm not going to bullshit.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: So let's do it. We'll talk to y'all soon. I'm that nigga. He's just ginger p