Speaker 1: Second date updates. Usually for second date updates, I look through all the emails that we get and I'll choose the most interesting date story or someone with a unique name to call. Hopefully you don't think the most boring one today. I think I just chose this one because I'm hungry. Because one of our listeners, Jeremy, says he owns a local cafe.
Speaker 2: Let's go, let's call that guy. We want to get up a pancakes.
Speaker 1: Jeremy, if we do this for you, could we get a friend's family discount at your place or what?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Even so, in one of my world famous cinnamon rolls for you guys.
Speaker 2: Did you say one or four?
Speaker 1: Well, they may be the.
Speaker 3: Huge ones for you. I'll give you a five.
Speaker 2: Alight, all right for me.
Speaker 1: So let's get into this, Jeremy, tell us about the person you want us to call today. What's their name?
Speaker 3: Anna? What's your name?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, hey, go for it. Where did you meet her?
Speaker 3: Well, she actually came to the cafe.
Speaker 2: Oh do you make it a habit of dating your clientele?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not, it's bad for business.
Speaker 1: So what made Anna break the mold for you?
Speaker 3: Well, she actually had something wrong with her order. She had like made a substitution, and then there was just you know, sticky finger with the waiters.
Speaker 2: It happened sometimes sticky fingers. What do you mean he stole some of her breath? He literally put down a plate with syrup all over his hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Sorry, Yeah, he punched the wrong button.
Speaker 1: Okay, the substitution, So just a little human error, I gotcha. Okay, So she complained about that, and what happened.
Speaker 3: Next, well, I came out to kind of resolve the issue, and you know, customer service.
Speaker 2: Wait, did she escalate it to that level? Though? Can I just ask you?
Speaker 3: She didn't escalate it, but when I saw how cute she was, I decided a manager probably should handled that one.
Speaker 1: All right, So how did that interaction go?
Speaker 3: It was fine, It wasn't really a big deal. I actually even gave her a free cinnamon roll.
Speaker 2: Oh lucky. So how did you turn that into a date? Though?
Speaker 3: Well, she thanked me for giving her the free cinnamon roll, and we kept talking for a minute. She just said that she started working in the area, and you know, I offered to show her around since I've been there forever, and.
Speaker 2: She took you up on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to show her around and got her a coffee either, so I got her number.
Speaker 2: Nice, Okay, that was an awkward way to get to.
Speaker 1: Gave her enough free stuff that she gave you her number.
Speaker 2: Here's a coff here's a fork. And the thing is, as someone who has been new to a city where you don't know anyone, you will literally call whoever gives you a phone number. Yeah, it's just like anyone, anyone hang out with me. I can't be choosy right now. I mean I don't mean to knock you, but I assume she called.
Speaker 3: Uh. Yeah, we met it up a couple of days later.
Speaker 1: Nice, Okay, what'd you end up doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just kind of walked around and just showed her, showed her around some places. It was pretty cool. And then it got to lunchtime, so I offered to buy her some lunch, and she said she'd live nearby and we should just pick it up and go eat it on her balcony.
Speaker 5: Look at this time even Okay, yeah, I was kind of surprised by that.
Speaker 3: I didn't really know how to handle myself, and you could tell sometimes I'm a little awkward.
Speaker 2: Yea, it sounds like Yeah, it's endearing. I mean, it's endearing to be a little awkward.
Speaker 1: So how was her balcony?
Speaker 3: It was good. She kind of gave me the tour of her apartment. The balcony was cool.
Speaker 2: What else did she show you? She show you anything else at lunchtime? It's not cute when you say like that afternoon delight.
Speaker 3: I wasn't trying to go there. Like when we got to like, here's my bedroom, I was like, okay, so what what is the move here? What's happening exactly? Trying to pick up on everything, just jump in.
Speaker 2: Awkward, look at your bed looks too made. Let's try to undo that.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. You know, I wasn't trying to make it romantic, but you know that was in the air, you know.
Speaker 2: So what happened? Did anything happen?
Speaker 3: I awkwarded my way back over to work.
Speaker 1: There was no chiss or anything.
Speaker 2: No, that's okay, that's okay. It's a daytime first date, you know, and are a little more friendly. But she honestly trusts you, like she just met you and she's bringing you back to your place showing you her bedroom like that is something I mean.
Speaker 3: And there was definitely flirty vibes, but it wasn't quite to the point where anything was really gonna happen that day. Okay, so you know, before I left though, I asked her. I was like, we should get dinner sometime, and she was like, yeah.
Speaker 1: So has dinner happened or has that not happened yet?
Speaker 3: No. I've been trying to get her to like nail down a time and she's just not even really responding.
Speaker 1: Oh that's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I know, because it's like, how could you have more plans when you are branding to a city?
Speaker 1: Right, well, let's try and figure this out. We're going to play a song, you make us some scones, and then when we come back, we'll call Anna for you and we'll try and get your second date update.
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Can I order bacon?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, get some bacon too, man, like three poached eggs?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, we can have them on my balcony.
Speaker 2: All right, Right after this brooking Jeffrey in the morning, you're in the middle of a second date update update. We're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here Part two on a first date.
Speaker 1: We all want to hear those five magic words. Want to see my balcony?
Speaker 2: How big is it?
Speaker 1: Maybe took a peek in the basement afterwards? Look at all the basements.
Speaker 3: Just hold.
Speaker 1: That's what Jeremy's date, Anna said to him, not the basement stuff, the balcony. After they had a nice date walking around the city. He says, nothing overly romantic happened back at her place because he had to get back to work, but he did feel like there was chemistry. And now ever since, she's been blowing him off. And this is a very important call to all of us, not only because we care deeply about Jeremy's love life, but also because if we get him a date, he promised to send us free food from the cafe.
Speaker 2: Yah.
Speaker 1: So guys a game here, Yes, and screw it up like we did the last seven calls.
Speaker 2: Some rules. I understand what's on the line, Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Did we sum it up there? Pretty good?
Speaker 3: Jailed it.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do this. I'm ready to go. We're gonna call Anna here and we're gonna try and get you your second date. Update, get you back up to her balcony.
Speaker 3: You ready, I'm ready?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Here we go I'm dialing her number right now. Hello, Hey, is this Annah?
Speaker 4: Yes, this is Anna.
Speaker 1: Hey Anna. My name is jeff from the radio show Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. How are you doing.
Speaker 5: I'm okay.
Speaker 1: We're calling because we do a segment on the show called a second Date Update. Have you ever heard of anything like that before? No?
Speaker 5: No, I haven't.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I don't know who he's right. Sorry, I just moved to this area and I haven't even listened to the radio.
Speaker 2: That's okay, you're the welcome. Would like to welcome you to the area. Heard that he made quite the impact already, so good job on you.
Speaker 1: We're welcoming you on behalf of our good friend Jeremy, who you met recently. Do you remember Jeremy.
Speaker 4: Jeremy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he works at a cafe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know Jeremy. I'm just I'm just a little confused about why you're currently well.
Speaker 1: Jeremy asked us to reach out to you because he says you guys hung out and he had a great time and he was thinking you might see each other again. But he's been having a hard time getting a hold of you and he's not really sure why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I don't know if I'm gonna see him again.
Speaker 2: So, oh my gosh, what did he do? Oka? Listen, I have been new to a city where I knew no one, and I would always call everyone back just to beg them to hang out with me. He should buy you food. Yeah, like he seemed really cool. He's a little awkward, but like I felt like he was awkward in an endearing way.
Speaker 5: You didn't get that, No, I mean I definitely got that, and I had a good time to hang out with Jeremy. But there is Okay, So I've been to his cafe twice, and you know, I met on there the first time, and then I usually stopped by a few days after that just to say hi that you wasn't there, So I ended up ordering a semin rom.
Speaker 2: Could I ask, is that detail important to your story or just a humble brag.
Speaker 1: I know I'm already so hungry right now, and if you describe a cinnamon roll to me, I might lose it.
Speaker 5: That's when I realized that the one that I ate the second time was really different from the one that I had a few days before.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean that can happen when they make handmade similar role as places or something.
Speaker 1: What does this have to do with Jeremy though?
Speaker 2: Are you a food critic?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not a good critic. I understand that question.
Speaker 5: But I had to give some background first because his cafe has been in his family regeneration cool and so we were.
Speaker 4: Talking about them when leaving now and I shared my grandma Margaret. Oh, he made these great sinmon rolls. And I know that his Healfay is kind of known for a semon roles. So I showed him my recipe book because it was right there in my kitchen. And when I went back a few days later, I realized that he was making my family cinnamon roles. I tasted exactly like my grandma Margaret.
Speaker 1: Wow, slowed down, you're saying you're accusing him of something.
Speaker 5: He's guys, Look, I can't explain it, but like the cinnamon role that I had the first time was completely different than the second seminole that I had, and it tasted exactly like my grandmother's.
Speaker 1: Wow, I remember my grandma's cinnamon rolls too.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can tell, dude, how bested up is that that he is taking his family's recipe and just throwing it in the trash for another family.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, we don't even know if that's true.
Speaker 2: I mean, the whole thing is crazy. I believe it.
Speaker 1: I kind of believe it too. Well, there was only one way to find out. Let's ask Jeremy. Did you steal her grandma's recipe for cinnamon rolls? Yeah? Anna, Sorry, I need to tell you. He's on the other line listening. He wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: I am so sorry that this is happening right now.
Speaker 2: Wait, is that because you're caught.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't steal the recipe. I made a match, and I gotta say the recipe was so good that it kind of influenced me. So I kind of made an homage to her grandma's recipe.
Speaker 2: Oh right, you were right.
Speaker 3: I blended a couple of the elements together, a little more nutmeg here. The pinch of salt was kind of an interesting choice, and it really brings out some flavor.
Speaker 1: You didn't steal from her.
Speaker 3: Anna inspired you, truly, it was a It was an inspirational No.
Speaker 2: No, no, here's the thing. Here's the thing. If it was on the up and up, you would have said something. You would have asked her, You would have told her, right Anna.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like if you're going to do like some experimentation, you do that a woman, not your place of business where you're selling the recipe, like that's actually true making money.
Speaker 3: I wanted it to be a surprise for you.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you tell us about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I wanted to tell her first. I hadn't gotten her on the phone yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, well tell her what you were going to say to her. If you talked to her in person, then.
Speaker 3: Well I was just gonna let her taste it for herself and see her reaction and then be like your grandma's recipe and then like kick off a conversation about it and have some fun with it.
Speaker 1: Are buying this No?
Speaker 4: I just I feel like it's really weird that you made it at your restaurant and like.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I'll stop using it. I just I thought it was kind of huge. I'm sorry. It was probably a silly move to bring it to the restaurant for a good move.
Speaker 2: Good move, Jeremy. I'm actually he's turn to me, and he's turning me onto his side.
Speaker 1: I want to stay angry. I want to stand up for Jeremy because he seems like a pretty genuine guy part when he not stealing grandma's recipes, but.
Speaker 2: He said he would stop using the recipe. I mean he may have tried, maybe to do something nice for you.
Speaker 4: I do appreciate the explanation, because I was just kind of too wheeled it out to ask about it.
Speaker 1: Simon Rolls aside, did you feel like you connected with Jeremy, Because that's what this whole phone call is about. We'd like to send you guys out on another date, and we'll pay for it.
Speaker 3: I would love to take you out again. I'll never do anything with your grandmother's recipe without your approval. And I mean I just appreciated you sharing that with me. It was kind of like a nice intimate moment between you know, generations of recipe passers, you know, like I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Come on, Anna, one more shot. If there's more red flags, you can dump him.
Speaker 1: Then he's just another man that appreciates a nice, toasty set of buns and hear it. Please An give him one more shot?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I will.
Speaker 1: We did we breakfast?
Speaker 2: Everybody breakfast breakfast.
Speaker 1: We gotta try this, Yeah, Jeremy.
Speaker 3: We'll take twenty you guys, gotta pick which kind you want, Grandma's or mine?
Speaker 1: And you said you were making grannies anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh busted, I guess.
Speaker 2: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: So it's been five or six months since we last talked to Jeremy and Anna. And for the record, Jeremy never got us free breakfast like you said he would.
Speaker 2: I don't even know why he's on the phone with us.
Speaker 1: But the big question is are they still together? Anna?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: We are not still together?
Speaker 2: What goodmore? Wait, is Jeremy actually not on the phone? Is it just Anna?
Speaker 1: I'm here, I'm here, still on the phone, but you're not together.
Speaker 4: No, we are not together.
Speaker 5: We we just decided that we'd be better off as friends.
Speaker 3: Oh it was going pretty well though, I mean we dated for a couple of months. Okay, Yeah, I put her grandma's name on the menu.
Speaker 2: Oh does your family like that? Anna?
Speaker 4: Yeah? At the time. It was a really nice touch at the time.
Speaker 1: So what happened?
Speaker 3: Well, I did this unknowingly. I really offended her family by adding raisins to the recipe.
Speaker 2: O raisins, raisins a hot topic.
Speaker 1: Why would you do that?
Speaker 3: I'm telling you guys, they kick it up a notch. There's a subtlety and a fruitiness that just wasn't there before that.
Speaker 4: I really didn't go well, okay, okay, And he's calling it an upgrade, but it's actually a downgrade. I mean, Jeremy, nobody likes raisin.
Speaker 2: Is this the update that you guys are just fighting over raisins? Now like you were friends? Now you're not even friends?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, we're still very friendly, but we like to rip each other about this raisin thing.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Is Margaret's name still attached to the raisin fiasco?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not. No, Like I would not drag her name like that.
Speaker 2: Stand up for good.
Speaker 3: Out of respect for her and her family, I took Margaret's name off the raisin b Yeah, okay, oh so good. You guys gotta come down and try him.
Speaker 1: Maybe Brooke would be interesting.
Speaker 2: What is this You were supposed to deliver us breakfast five months ago? Ship his sale to come down.
Speaker 1: After raisin Gate. I'm not interested, but we appreciate you guys updating us. Thank you so much. Yeah, thank you, and best of luck with your raisin cinnamon.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you. They're delicious.
Speaker 4: They're not They're not even skip them. It's fine
Speaker 2: Frooking Jeffrey in the morning